Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:57 pm

This guy is out of his freakin' mind, ladies and gents.

Please, don't get your panties in a wad 'cause I started another Trump thread. This one is legit news, and should be discussed.

He's going to let a man with no intelligence experience (and little intelligence, period), who ran Breitbart, have a bigger role in National Security decisions than the Director of National Intelligence or the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/ ... index.html

The justifications from the Trumpies on here will be enlightening. This is just madness.
 
User avatar
Siren
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:50 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Yes. It is madness. Clearly it is so they can start a war for ideological reasons by being able to exclude them from the conversation.
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:17 pm

If it's from CNN it's probably slanted if not fake news.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

BravoOne wrote:
If it's from CNN it's probably slanted if not fake news.

That's proof that you don't give any thought to what you write.
How could CNN spin this story, it's either true or not.
 
UltimoTiger777
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm

BravoOne wrote:
If it's from CNN it's probably slanted if not fake news.


Nope.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /97210776/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... s-strategy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38787241
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -the-table
http://nypost.com/2017/01/29/steve-bann ... urity-gig/

Why has a glorified internet blogger been allowed on the NSC but not the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18162
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Bannon is the president and puppeteer, make no mistake about it.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:51 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Bannon is the president and puppeteer, make no mistake about it.

It does appear that way.
 
dahawaiian
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 12:51 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Bannon is the new Dick Cheney.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15202
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Bannon needs to be removed from the WH staff immediately as a National Security risk. Democrats need to do a full stop on any nomination hearings until further notice until he is removed.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Bannon is about 3 leagues worse than Cheney ever was

I agree, Democrats and the few Republicans left with a spine should do whatever possible to block him.

Suddenly one can only wish that all those conspiracies about the CIA "removing" people they deem too dangerous were true and that they'll take action quickly...
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY
 
mham001
Posts: 5745
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Yep, Susan RIce complaining, one of the three people in America who thought "liberating" Libya was a good idea after other recent experiences. Her word is golden, for sure.

But wait...
Regular members of the Principals Committee will include the secretary of state, the treasury secretary, the defense secretary, the attorney general, the secretary of Homeland Security, the assistant to the President and chief of staff, the assistant to the President and chief strategist, the national security adviser and the Homeland Security adviser.
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:08 pm

mham001 wrote:
Yep, Susan RIce complaining, one of the three people in America who thought "liberating" Libya was a good idea after other recent experiences. Her word is golden, for sure.

But wait...
Regular members of the Principals Committee will include the secretary of state, the treasury secretary, the defense secretary, the attorney general, the secretary of Homeland Security, the assistant to the President and chief of staff, the assistant to the President and chief strategist, the national security adviser and the Homeland Security adviser.


But not the DNI or the JSC. Again ,chew on that.
 
solarflyer22
Posts: 1517
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Removing the DNI is basically crazy. Thats the only person that gets both FBI and CIA information directly at a high level. Bannon is a journalist but they want a loyalist in their I suppose.

They are going to start a war. Just wait and see. Possibly multiple wars. Thats when the protests will turn into the 1960s era.
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 pm

mham001 wrote:
Yep, Susan RIce complaining, one of the three people in America who thought "liberating" Libya was a good idea after other recent experiences. Her word is golden, for sure.

But wait...
Regular members of the Principals Committee will include the secretary of state, the treasury secretary, the defense secretary, the attorney general, the secretary of Homeland Security, the assistant to the President and chief of staff, the assistant to the President and chief strategist, the national security adviser and the Homeland Security adviser.


That's true, if the Democrats ever pull their fingers out and allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 pm

KLDC10 wrote:

That's true, if the Democrats ever pull their fingers out and allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.


:rotfl: :rotfl:

You're bitching about Trump nominees not getting voted in yet? After one freakin' week?

Gee, where were you when federal judgeships were left open for years under Obama because the GOP wouldn't hold votes? And when Scalia croaked, they held up the SCOTUS nomination?

Unfortunately, what I'd like to say to you would get me banned, so I won't. But to say the least, you have an amazing case of amensia and an incredible hypocrite to boot.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6041
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:00 am

mham001 wrote:
Yep, Susan RIce complaining, one of the three people in America who thought "liberating" Libya was a good idea after other recent experiences. Her word is golden, for sure.

But wait...
Regular members of the Principals Committee will include the secretary of state, the treasury secretary, the defense secretary, the attorney general, the secretary of Homeland Security, the assistant to the President and chief of staff, the assistant to the President and chief strategist, the national security adviser and the Homeland Security adviser.


I knew I was going to enjoy the mental gymnastics from Trump supporters. You did not disappoint.

And the funny thing is if Obama had done the same thing you would have been screaming from the rooftops about his disrespect for the military and how he should hold the military in the highest regard. Blah, blah, blah.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6041
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:04 am

KLDC10 wrote:
That's true, if the Democrats ever pull their fingers out and allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.


See reply 16.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:07 am

KLDC10 wrote:
That's true, if the Democrats ever pull their fingers out and allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.


See reply 9.
 
incitatus
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:49 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:44 am

If this turns out to be accurate, it is very concerning. It shows Trump basically does not trust the government structure around him, including the FBI and CIA.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal
 
BestWestern
Posts: 8358
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 am

The only people who can stop this are the GOP.

Having someone who calls himself a Lenin supporter and another who's is only there because he married trumps daughter is simply bizarre.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6041
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:20 am

Curious as to what kind of security check Bannon is going to get. If any.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5361
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 am

LMP737 wrote:
Curious as to what kind of security check Bannon is going to get. If any.


Racist, mean, angry old white male? Check.

Good to go...

:vomit:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 8358
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:41 am

I really must offer my congratulations to the conservatives who have allowed Bannon join the National Security Council.

He has described himself as a “Leninist” and said "Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too,”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/u ... words.html

Amazingly, he needs no security clearance or senate clearance first.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6041
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:19 am

BestWestern wrote:
I really must offer my congratulations to the conservatives who have allowed Bannon join the National Security Council.

He has described himself as a “Leninist” and said "Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too,”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/u ... words.html

Amazingly, he needs no security clearance or senate clearance first.


The deflection/excuse making in 3, 2,1................
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:37 am

KLDC10 wrote:
allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.

There's nothing stopping the votes from taking place. Remember? No filibuster on Cabinet nominees anymore? If the GOP hasn't gotten them down to vote yet it's because they're still not in lockstep with each other. Nothing is stopping the GOP from calling cloture or bring the nomination down to the floor immediately.

And by the way, the reason we have a vacancy in the SCOTUS is because the Republicans effectively denied Obama a chance to fill the seat. Where is your outrage on that?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
LMP737
Posts: 6041
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:02 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
\

And by the way, the reason we have a vacancy in the SCOTUS is because the Republicans effectively denied Obama a chance to fill the seat. Where is your outrage on that?

.


You know the answer to that one already.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:23 am

incitatus wrote:
If this turns out to be accurate, it is very concerning. It shows Trump basically does not trust the government structure around him, including the FBI and CIA.

Wanting to have an objective conversation.... so here goes...

Why should President Trump trust the government structure around him? They released the fake Russian stuff right before the inauguration, and they have been very vocal about how they feel he is incompetent, at least the leadership that was there before Pres Trump took office. Can you see an argument that says that its a good idea to keep the CIA and NSA away from the policy making side of the govt?
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5361
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:41 am

socalgeo wrote:
incitatus wrote:
If this turns out to be accurate, it is very concerning. It shows Trump basically does not trust the government structure around him, including the FBI and CIA.

Wanting to have an objective conversation.... so here goes...

Why should President Trump trust the government structure around him? They released the fake Russian stuff right before the inauguration, and they have been very vocal about how they feel he is incompetent, at least the leadership that was there before Pres Trump took office. Can you see an argument that says that its a good idea to keep the CIA and NSA away from the policy making side of the govt?


It is fake because you've decided it's fake?
Everything that is even remotely critical of Trump is now declared fake by royal edict... That's how you brainwash millions into believing only what you want them to believe.

And many have said he is incompetent because they genuinely think he is. I can't blame them for thinking that. The man exhibits the behavior and reasoning abilities of an 8 year old schoolyard bully.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:40 am

Francoflier wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
incitatus wrote:
If this turns out to be accurate, it is very concerning. It shows Trump basically does not trust the government structure around him, including the FBI and CIA.

Wanting to have an objective conversation.... so here goes...

Why should President Trump trust the government structure around him? They released the fake Russian stuff right before the inauguration, and they have been very vocal about how they feel he is incompetent, at least the leadership that was there before Pres Trump took office. Can you see an argument that says that its a good idea to keep the CIA and NSA away from the policy making side of the govt?


It is fake because you've decided it's fake?
Everything that is even remotely critical of Trump is now declared fake by royal edict... That's how you brainwash millions into believing only what you want them to believe.

And many have said he is incompetent because they genuinely think he is. I can't blame them for thinking that. The man exhibits the behavior and reasoning abilities of an 8 year old schoolyard bully.


Ummmm, not really tracking you on this... perhaps I wasn't specific enough, so let me be a little more clear - when the CIA included unverified opposition research from the Rubio and Clinton campaigns in a national security briefing to President Obama and the 8 leading Senators and Congress people for national security, that contained explosive and unproven allegations of very unseemly activities by the then President Elect during visits to Russia, that was then released to the public by Buzzfeed and announced by CNN, they created, at a minimum, the appearance of bias and unprofessionalism. Any President in Mr Trumps position could be forgiven for a lack of trust in these instititions after this kind of partisan hack.

I'm only suggesting that you drop the partisan anger for a moment and try to see the situation from President Trump's perspective. I'm not saying that you have to agree with him or accept him, just think about it rationally for a moment.

If I was in his position, I would absolutely not trust anyone in the US Intel community... cant you at least look at the situation dispassionately for one moment?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13167
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:02 am

incitatus wrote:
If this turns out to be accurate, it is very concerning. It shows Trump basically does not trust the government structure around him, including the FBI and CIA.



Nah, Hitler had Göbbels around all the time as well. And you can´t go wrong following the Führer´s every footsteps.

socalgeo wrote:
of very unseemly activities by the then President Elect during visits to Russia,


Because a wife beating rapist wouldn´t do such a thing? But you are right, it seems unlikely to be true, as the report mentioned nothing about her being underage.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:25 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.

There's nothing stopping the votes from taking place. Remember? No filibuster on Cabinet nominees anymore? If the GOP hasn't gotten them down to vote yet it's because they're still not in lockstep with each other. Nothing is stopping the GOP from calling cloture or bring the nomination down to the floor immediately.

And by the way, the reason we have a vacancy in the SCOTUS is because the Republicans effectively denied Obama a chance to fill the seat. Where is your outrage on that?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.


Yes there is. The Democrats delayed the committee vote on Attorney General Jeff Sessions by a week. Feinstein argued that they owed it to the women marching on Washington last week end, or some similarly poor excuse for obstructionism.

Here's an article posted by The Hill this morning, detailing how the GOP plans to move forward. http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/s ... p-nominees

Hillis wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

That's true, if the Democrats ever pull their fingers out and allow votes on President Trump's nominees. So far there is no Attorney General or Treasury Secretary. The Democrats are being pathetic.


:rotfl: :rotfl:

You're bitching about Trump nominees not getting voted in yet? After one freakin' week?

Gee, where were you when federal judgeships were left open for years under Obama because the GOP wouldn't hold votes? And when Scalia croaked, they held up the SCOTUS nomination?

Unfortunately, what I'd like to say to you would get me banned, so I won't. But to say the least, you have an amazing case of amensia and an incredible hypocrite to boot.


"What I'd like to say to you would get me banned". *Proceeds to launch personal attack anyway*

As for the other points you raise, I will direct you too to the article I linked above, which clearly states:
"Trump wrapped up his first week in office with only four nominees confirmed by senators, lagging behind the roughly seven President Obama got confirmed on his first day in 2009. "

Important government posts, including those of Secretary of State and Attorney General have been left unfilled for no good reason other than Democrats attempting to delegitimize President Trump and prevent him from governing effectively.

Since you mention the SCOTUS appointment, that was considerably more complicated than you are suggesting. An appointment by President Obama had the potential to shift the balance of the court for decades - while Merrick Garland was arguably a moderate choice, the GOP pinned their hopes on a November election victory and the chance to secure their own nominee, and it paid off. Whether that was right or not is up for debate.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:50 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
incitatus wrote:
If this turns out to be accurate, it is very concerning. It shows Trump basically does not trust the government structure around him, including the FBI and CIA.



Nah, Hitler had Göbbels around all the time as well. And you can´t go wrong following the Führer´s every footsteps.

socalgeo wrote:
of very unseemly activities by the then President Elect during visits to Russia,


Because a wife beating rapist wouldn´t do such a thing? But you are right, it seems unlikely to be true, as the report mentioned nothing about her being underage.

best regards
Thomas


Wow, you are unhinged... where do you get this stuff? "Wife beating rapist"? Really? How can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously when you are spouting this fake news drivel? I sure can't take you seriously. Its this kind of emotional and libelous character assassination from the lunatic left (yes Thomas, that means you) that will ensure that not a single Trump voter will listen to you. I am quite confident that after the last month of constant lies and falsehoods spewed by your kind not a single Trump voter has changed his/her mind on the correctness of their vote. If the election were held today Mr. Trump would still win.

In fact, to be honest, we are all kind of enjoying watching all of you collectively loose your minds.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13468
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 pm

I really think Bannon has been Trump's biggest error. Even though most of what CNN and MSNBC report about him being the KKK is propaganda he isn't qualified for the job and the optics are horrible.

With that said David Axlerod and Valerie Jarret were just as bad. Both were far left zealots and had little experience and too much involvement in things over their head.

Get used to it folks. You will have 8 years of it.

Elections have consequences.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 pm

socalgeo wrote:
when the CIA included unverified opposition research from the Rubio and Clinton campaigns in a national security briefing to President Obama and the 8 leading Senators and Congress people for national security, that contained explosive and unproven allegations of very unseemly activities by the then President Elect during visits to Russia, that was then released to the public by Buzzfeed and announced by CNN, they created, at a minimum, the appearance of bias and unprofessionalism. Any President in Mr Trumps position could be forgiven for a lack of trust in these instititions after this kind of partisan hack.


Let's review facts about what the CIA did: they had information from a source that they deemed credible enough to bring that to the attention of the president. That's all. CNN reported that the CIA had done that. Buzzfeed had a document that had been in the possession of many outside the intelligence community for some time, and they released it of their own volition. Then CNN reported that Buzzfeed had done that.

None of that should create the impression of unprofessionalism or bias in the CIA, and for Trump to distrust them is, in fact, unforgivable. Dislike of CNN for reporting on what the CIA and Buzzfeed had done is also unforgivable. The only party who could be deserving of criticism would be Buzzfeed, and they received it from many in the media as well.

KLDC10 wrote:
The Democrats delayed the committee vote on Attorney General Jeff Sessions by a week.


After what happened this weekend, Sessions' nomination should get a lot more scrutiny.

KLDC10 wrote:
Since you mention the SCOTUS appointment, that was considerably more complicated than you are suggesting. An appointment by President Obama had the potential to shift the balance of the court for decades - while Merrick Garland was arguably a moderate choice, the GOP pinned their hopes on a November election victory and the chance to secure their own nominee, and it paid off. Whether that was right or not is up for debate.


The decision to not even hold hearings on Garland is not up for debate. It was wrong. The Senate has a duty to consider a president's nominees in good faith. They did not do this.

NIKV69 wrote:
With that said David Axlerod and Valerie Jarret were just as bad. Both were far left zealots and had little experience and too much involvement in things over their head.


They were also never on the National Security Council, because political advisers don't belong there and Obama rightly recognized that (as did Bush before him).
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:52 am

Mir wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
when the CIA included unverified opposition research from the Rubio and Clinton campaigns in a national security briefing to President Obama and the 8 leading Senators and Congress people for national security, that contained explosive and unproven allegations of very unseemly activities by the then President Elect during visits to Russia, that was then released to the public by Buzzfeed and announced by CNN, they created, at a minimum, the appearance of bias and unprofessionalism. Any President in Mr Trumps position could be forgiven for a lack of trust in these instititions after this kind of partisan hack.


Let's review facts about what the CIA did: they had information from a source that they deemed credible enough to bring that to the attention of the president. That's all. CNN reported that the CIA had done that. Buzzfeed had a document that had been in the possession of many outside the intelligence community for some time, and they released it of their own volition. Then CNN reported that Buzzfeed had done that.

None of that should create the impression of unprofessionalism or bias in the CIA, and for Trump to distrust them is, in fact, unforgivable. Dislike of CNN for reporting on what the CIA and Buzzfeed had done is also unforgivable. The only party who could be deserving of criticism would be Buzzfeed, and they received it from many in the media as well.
.


This is laughable. Your bias is rendering you unable to think clearly. I'm assuming that you did not read the document that was published by Buzzfeed, and described in detail by CNN. It was very poorly written and very sloppily put together. It contained glaring errors that even the most inexperienced intelligence officer would have verified before handing it to the President of the United States as "credible enough" as you say.
Ill give you a perfect example: The "credible enough" report contained the allegation that then Candidate Trump's special counsel, Michael Cohen, travelled to Prague to meet Russian agents. Let me repeat it so you understand it:

The CIA told the President of the United States in the "credible enough" report that the executive vice president of the Trump Organizations and special counsel to Trump himself, traveled to Prague to meet with Russian officials in August. It also claimed Cohen’s Ukrainian father-in-law had a dacha, or cottage, near that of Russian President Vladimir Putin.This is essentially accusing Mr Cohen of espionage at the least, which is by the way,punishable by death...

just let that sink in for a moment......PUNISHABLE BY DEATH

It required no more than a passport check to verify that Mr. Cohen had never been to Prague in his life. This would have taken no more than 6 hours to perform, had the CIA decided to perform the due diligence that, frankly, one expects for an intelligence report that will end up on the desk of the fucking President of the United States.

Can you actually say with a straight face that, how did you so eloquently say it :"None of that should create the impression of unprofessionalism or bias in the CIA, and for Trump to distrust them is, in fact, unforgivable." Shame on you.

Since you are so positive that the CIA has acted professionally, the only rational conclusion that any objective person can come to is that the CIA DID IT ON PURPOSE.
Think about it...... they did it on purpose. The CIA falsely accused the incoming President Elect's lawyer of espionage, while in his service, which means that the CIA FALSELY accused the incoming President Elect of espionage.

In my opinion, the damage that has been done to this country by this action by then President Obama and the CIA/DNI, while not acknowledged by the MSM or many of the people will prove to be in the long run grave, and potentially fatal for the republic.




(edited for content)
Last edited by socalgeo on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13167
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:55 am

socalgeo wrote:
Wow, you are unhinged... where do you get this stuff? "Wife beating rapist"? Really? How can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously when you are spouting this fake news drivel?


His first wife made a sworn statement to that effect (what hole have you been hiding in?) and was never charged with making a wrong statement under oath.
Hence we can safely consider this a fact.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:14 am

socalgeo wrote:
Just consider this for a moment:

The CIA told the President of the United States in t the "credible enough" report that the executive vice president of the Trump Organizations and special counsel to Trump himself, traveled to Prague to meet with Russian officials in August. It also claimed Cohen’s Ukrainian father-in-law had a dacha, or cottage, near that of Russian President Vladimir Putin. This is essentially accusing Mr Cohen of espionage at the least, which is by the way, punishable by death.... just let that sink in for a moment......


So your entire argument is "it sounds implausible, therefore it can't be true." Yet the CIA, who deals with this source a lot more than you do, believes his work to be credible enough to send the information to the president. If it's going to come to a battle between your hunches and the CIA, who do this for a living, I know who I'm going to go with.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
L410Turbolet
Posts: 6232
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:51 am

socalgeo wrote:
It required no more than a passport check to verify that Mr. Cohen had never been to Prague in his life.

How does "passport check" verify whether he has been to Prague (or any other city within the Schengen area) or not? There would be only a stamp in his passport from the initial port of entry and that could be anywhere between Lisbon and Helsinki.
Maybe Russian comrades even helped out by providing Cohen with a fake passport... Trump is a valuable asset worth such effort.
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:07 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
It required no more than a passport check to verify that Mr. Cohen had never been to Prague in his life.

How does "passport check" verify whether he has been to Prague (or any other city within the Schengen area) or not? There would be only a stamp in his passport from the initial port of entry and that could be anywhere between Lisbon and Helsinki.
Maybe Russian comrades even helped out by providing Cohen with a fake passport... Trump is a valuable asset worth such effort.


Stop being purposefully dense. Mr Cohen was not in any country in Europe during this time. A simple passport check would have shown this. In fact he was in California. There are credit card, hotel, and airline financial transactions that prove it. The CIA knew this and yet they accused Mr Cohen and Mr Trump of espionage for Russia anyway. An exceedingly serious charge, where the death penalty can be the punishment. A purely political smear.

The point that you are missing is that the left accepts this type of smear as reasonable and just. Which means that it's also ok for the right to do the same thing. Is this kind of thing really what you want? I sure don't.
 
L410Turbolet
Posts: 6232
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:36 pm

"Left"? Everyone who sees the blatantly obvious i.e. that Trump is a Russian trojan horse surrounded by people on Kremlin payroll (Flynn) or bragging about being Leninist (Bannon) are all of a sudden lefties?
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10607
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:40 pm

socalgeo wrote:
Which means that it's also ok for the right to do the same thing. Is this kind of thing really what you want? I sure don't.

Wait, are you implying that "the right" (whatever the eff that really is) hasn't been doing this for years? :rotfl:

Sorry but that boat sailed long ago and both sides point at the other saying "they started it". I don't like it one bit but it has been shown to work, in fact such tactics are so effective, such as the Republican's goal "to do everything possible to oppose Obama and ensure he and his agenda fail" that I truly can only think the Democratic party should do the same now. Why should they not? I may not agree with it, I didn't when the Republican's did it and I don't if the Dems do it but without a doubt it works, so I expect it to continue as it is obviously the smart thing to do.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13167
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:46 pm

socalgeo wrote:
Mr Cohen was not in any country in Europe during this time. A simple passport check would have shown this. In fact he was in California. There are credit card, hotel, and airline financial transactions that prove it. The CIA knew this and yet they accused Mr Cohen and Mr Trump of espionage for Russia anyway. An exceedingly serious charge, where the death penalty can be the punishment.


Wow... you really think the FSB doesn't know how to arrange a covert meeting?
And since his credit card statements and airline financial records seem to be public, care to provide some linkage?

Did Trump sell his companis yet or i's he still committing treachery?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:14 pm

KLDC10 wrote:

"What I'd like to say to you would get me banned". *Proceeds to launch personal attack anyway*


Choosing your words carefully and not adding in, as Spock called them "colorful metaphors" is the key. :)


KLDC10 wrote:
As for the other points you raise, I will direct you too to the article I linked above, which clearly states:
"Trump wrapped up his first week in office with only four nominees confirmed by senators, lagging behind the roughly seven President Obama got confirmed on his first day in 2009. "


Again, we're talking ONE WEEK! Where's your bitching about judgeships held up for YEARS? If/when you reach that point, you can complain.

KLDC10 wrote:
Important government posts, including those of Secretary of State and Attorney General have been left unfilled for no good reason other than Democrats attempting to delegitimize President Trump and prevent him from governing effectively.


May I remind you who started this nonsense? It was the GOP whose goal was to make Obama fail. And they said just that. So your bellyaching is like ice falling on a hotplate. It does nothing.

KLDC10 wrote:
Since you mention the SCOTUS appointment, that was considerably more complicated than you are suggesting. An appointment by President Obama had the potential to shift the balance of the court for decades - while Merrick Garland was arguably a moderate choice, the GOP pinned their hopes on a November election victory and the chance to secure their own nominee, and it paid off. Whether that was right or not is up for debate.


And guess what? An appointment by Trump has the potential to do the same thing. So your aregument is absolutely laughable. You seem not concerned at all that Trump can swing if for a generation, but you actually are here defending the move to allow another sitting president to do what President's have always done, and nominate someone for the SCOTUS.

And guess what? Now that that bar has been set, I hope the seat goes unfilled for another 4 years. Why? Because I don't want to see a ban on abortions; I don't want to see LGBTQ's shoved back in the closet; I don't want to see Muslims registered or rounded up; I don't want our environment to become a wasteland again.

So, again, you're complaining, while hysterically hypocritical, is falling on a lot of deaf ears.
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:55 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
Mr Cohen was not in any country in Europe during this time. A simple passport check would have shown this. In fact he was in California. There are credit card, hotel, and airline financial transactions that prove it. The CIA knew this and yet they accused Mr Cohen and Mr Trump of espionage for Russia anyway. An exceedingly serious charge, where the death penalty can be the punishment.


Wow... you really think the FSB doesn't know how to arrange a covert meeting?
And since his credit card statements and airline financial records seem to be public, care to provide some linkage?

Did Trump sell his companis yet or i's he still committing treachery?

Best regards
Thomas

Sooo, this thread is about the national security council, and how some feel that Pres Trump shouldn't exclude the CIA/DNI from it. You are not willing to have an evidence based discussion, rather you are really just repeating salacious and unproven allegations. I'm pretty ok with your approach because it's really just evidence of your psychosis. The official name for your disorder is Trump Acceptance Derangement Disorder (TARD).

Get help!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10607
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:08 pm

socalgeo wrote:
You are not willing to have an evidence based discussion, rather you are really just repeating salacious and unproven allegations.

Wait, you are saying "evidence based", where is your verifiable evidence that "the CIA did it on purpose"?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13167
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:15 pm

socalgeo wrote:
You are not willing to have an evidence based discussion


So, I am asking you to provide links to your evidance, that you failed to supply, but I am the one not willing to have an evidance based discussion. Riiiight.....

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Tugger wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
You are not willing to have an evidence based discussion, rather you are really just repeating salacious and unproven allegations.

Wait, you are saying "evidence based", where is your verifiable evidence that "the CIA did it on purpose"?

Tugg

Ok, valid question. The fact that the CIA/DNI included these false allegations in a national security briefing to President Obama and leaders in Congress proves that they included it on purpose. This is not in question. What has also been proven is that these allegations were false. It is also worth noting that there has been no apology. So, given these facts, what is in question is why they included it. So then it boils down to a question of incompetence (for providing the president such low quality information), or intent (character assassination of the incoming president). You are correct that I have no evidence either way. But these are the only two options. Either option being true is sufficient reason to suspect the professionalism and motives of the US Intelligence apparatus.

President Trump is right to limit their roles, at least until he can get a better handle on what he is facing from them.

Cheers.
 
socalgeo
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:42 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
You are not willing to have an evidence based discussion


So, I am asking you to provide links to your evidance, that you failed to supply, but I am the one not willing to have an evidance based discussion. Riiiight.....

Best regards
Thomas

here is a link Thomas - CNN has verified that the Cohen espionage allegations are false....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... it-russia/

Cheers,
 
L410Turbolet
Posts: 6232
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 am

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 pm

Breitbart... LOL! You should have added RT link to make it look more "credible".
 
solarflyer22
Posts: 1517
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Trump Excluding The DNI, Chair Of Joint Chiefs In Favor Of Bannon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:57 pm

Bannon has no business being in the principals meeting let alone cutting out the joint chief of staff. He's doing this to push a war and wants to silence opposition. Like Bush, its clear whoever gets Trump to do his bidding, is whoever talks to him last. Thats how Cheney suckered W into invading Iraq.

I really, really pity the men and women who will die at this regime's (yes regime not administration) hands.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1337Delta764, akiss20, alberchico, FGITD, N583JB, skyservice_330 and 26 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos