Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

"The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Kellyann Conway strikes again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 5de3c051d5

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.

Fours years of this? The nation will be in ruins in 4 months with these ignorant asses running things.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Hillis wrote:

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.


Why would she say misspoke if she is trying to convince people of a terror attack that never happened? Your argument fails on its own logic.

It is much easier to misspeak by omitting one word, as in a planned Bowling Green Massacre, compared to Hillary who claimed she "mispoke" by adding all these words about an uneventful landing in Bosnia:

“I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10703
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 pm

[quote="afcjets"][/quote]
Gee, so you are agreeing that Ms. Conway lied. I am impressed!

Though it does appear you trying to obfuscate this with lots of finger pointing and "Squirrel!" elements. But still, count me surprised.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8553
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:24 pm

afcjets wrote:
Why would she say misspoke if she is trying to convince people of a terror attack that never happened?

Because she got caught in the double lie: a massacre that "was never covered". Instead she called them terrorist, but kept pushing the issue of a purported attack that "wasn't reported".

afcjets wrote:
It is much easier to misspeak by omitting one word, as in a planned Bowling Green Massacre

It's only a massacre if it's committed by a White person. Otherwise, it's a terrorist attack. Stick to the script. It's what Republicans spin for elections.

afcjets wrote:
compared to Hillary who claimed she "mispoke" by adding all these words about an uneventful landing in Bosnia

Ah I see. So because Clinton did it, it's permissible for anyone else to do it. Never mind that in Clinton's story she's making herself the victim to laughably boost her credentials whereas Conway's "misspeaking" is simply another attack on the media "not doing their job" (even though there was no job to do)...I'll take the Clinton story any day: when someone discredits themselves, it affect no one and you can tell when they're inflating the story; when someone attempts to discredit others because they don't buy the crap you're selling, it affect everyone by sowing doubt and fear.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5878
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:02 pm

I, like many other citizens of the free world, I am mourning the victims of the Bowling Green Massacre.

Anybody questioning the President who does a heckuva job protecting our lives is a friggin moran. Don't talk. Donate. America will prevail.

https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/


David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:12 pm

yeah well lets all have a moment of alternative silence for the victims of the Bowling Green massacre.
Last edited by DLFREEBIRD on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:12 pm

afcjets wrote:
Hillis wrote:

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.


Why would she say misspoke if she is trying to convince people of a terror attack that never happened? Your argument fails on its own logic.

It is much easier to misspeak by omitting one word, as in a planned Bowling Green Massacre, compared to Hillary who claimed she "mispoke" by adding all these words about an uneventful landing in Bosnia:

“I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."


NO, NO, NO.

There was no planned massacre in Bowling Green. Obama didn't ban Iraqi refugees from the country for six months.

Two Iraqis terrorists were let in the country, they were planning a attack in Iraq when authorities thwarted it. . They were living in
Bowling Green area.

This Conway woman is spreading lies......................

You were lied to, even if you're not smart enough to realize it.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
NO, NO, NO.

There was no planned massacre in Bowling Green. Obama didn't ban Iraqi refugees from the country for six months.

Two Iraqis terrorists were let in the country, they were planning a attack in Iraq when authorities thwarted it. . They were living in
Bowling Green area.


You're right. KC clarified by tweet she meant to say Bowling Green terrorists, not Bowling Green massacre.

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
This Conway woman is spreading lies......................

You were lied to, even if you're not smart enough to realize it.


Of course it's a lie, even KC admitted it. Move on.
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5043
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:23 pm

afcjets wrote:
You're right. KC clarified by tweet she meant to say Bowling Green terrorists, not Bowling Green massacre.


LOL! She meant to say Bowling Green terrorists? And you're buying that? Did you watch the interview in which she said that? The actual quote is "they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre." Now replace 'massacre' with 'terrorists': "they were the mastermanids behind the Bowling Green terrorists". That doesn't make any sense at all.

Face it: she was either intentionally trying to lie to people OR she actually didn't know there was never such a thing as the Bowling Green massacre. Quite frankly I don't know which of those options I find the most unsettling.

Of course it's a lie, even KC admitted it. Move on.


No, she's trying to shrug it off as her having 'misspoken'. Big difference. This wasn't her 'misspeaking', this was her lying.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Scorpio wrote:
afcjets wrote:
You're right. KC clarified by tweet she meant to say Bowling Green terrorists, not Bowling Green massacre.


LOL! She meant to say Bowling Green terrorists? And you're buying that? Did you watch the interview in which she said that? The actual quote is "they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre." Now replace 'massacre' with 'terrorists': "they were the mastermanids behind the Bowling Green terrorists". That doesn't make any sense at all.

Face it: she was either intentionally trying to lie to people OR she actually didn't know there was never such a thing as the Bowling Green massacre. Quite frankly I don't know which of those options I find the most unsettling.



No, I didn't watch the interview, just read about it. It was more likely the latter. In all fairness to her and Chris Matthews, the left wing MSNBC host interviewing her who did not challenge her, its hard to keep up, Fort Hood, San Bernardino, Orlando, Bowling Green terrorists.



Scorpio wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Of course it's a lie, even KC admitted it. Move on.


No, she's trying to shrug it off as her having 'misspoken'. Big difference. This wasn't her 'misspeaking', this was her lying.


You can't have it both ways. If mispeaking is not a lie, then neither is being confused or too stupid to know what happened.
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5043
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 pm

afcjets wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
afcjets wrote:
You're right. KC clarified by tweet she meant to say Bowling Green terrorists, not Bowling Green massacre.


LOL! She meant to say Bowling Green terrorists? And you're buying that? Did you watch the interview in which she said that? The actual quote is "they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre." Now replace 'massacre' with 'terrorists': "they were the mastermanids behind the Bowling Green terrorists". That doesn't make any sense at all.

Face it: she was either intentionally trying to lie to people OR she actually didn't know there was never such a thing as the Bowling Green massacre. Quite frankly I don't know which of those options I find the most unsettling.



No, I didn't watch the interview, just read about it. It was more likely the latter. In all fairness to her and Chris Matthews, the left wing MSNBC host interviewing her who did not challenge her, its hard to keep up, Fort Hood, San Bernardino, Orlando, Bowling Green terrorists.



Scorpio wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Of course it's a lie, even KC admitted it. Move on.


No, she's trying to shrug it off as her having 'misspoken'. Big difference. This wasn't her 'misspeaking', this was her lying.


You can't have it both ways. If mispeaking is not a lie, then neither is being confused or too stupid to know what happened.

The lengths some people are clearly willing to go to in order to defend this woman ...
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 am

The only "Bowling Green Massacre" I could find when I put in those words is a college football game last year between Ohio State a smaller Division I School called Bowling Green. It was a massacre, 77-10, Maybe Axis Kelly is a football fan.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8553
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:32 am

afcjets wrote:
You can't have it both ways. If mispeaking is not a lie, then neither is being confused or too stupid to know what happened.

You see, anyone who has a decent education knows that unless you truly know what you're about to say you should keep quiet until you've done enough research to speak about it. We routinely call out and shut down members in this site (in all the subforums) when they don't have the slightest idea about what they're saying.

To misspeak would mean that you know about the subject but made an "honest" mistake. For example, during the 2012 primary, Rick Santorum said "Africa was a country on the brink". THAT is misspeaking: it's clear he meant to say continent, but everything else in the context of the answer was relatively accurate.

KC is not confused nor is she stupid. In the words of Marco "Roboto" Rubio: "this notion that KC doesn't know what she's doing is not true; she knows exactly what she's doing". She's definitely not confused; confused people usually make bigger mistakes and are evident by not making any sense at all.

This is her attempting to do two things:
1. Justifying the ban while sowing fear by drawing a parallel to a nonexistent event (just like in 2014 Republicans went apeshit crazy about Ebola and how illegals were gonna carry it over the border)
2. Attacking the media as unreliable and fully biased (poor Fox News is also unable to escape this)

This is not the first time she's done this (remember "alternative facts"?) and it certainly won't be the last as long as she remains in the Trump administration.

Is she spinning these things on her own or is she sticking to a script? I have no idea. One thing is certain: having been caught in lie after lie, it's clear that she and many others of the inner circle have no leg to stand on to be calling out others for being "dishonest".

The downside to this is that Chris Matthews didn't call her out on it; but then if he had done it, the media is "out to get them" and is biased (like when Chuck Todd challenged KC to defend "alternative facts").
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
KruegerFlaps
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:45 am

afcjets wrote:
Of course it's a lie, even KC admitted it. Move on.

As long as the site https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/ remains and is not taken down, it is impossible to simply move on.

Or is obtaining money by deception acceptable?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783
 
User avatar
Boeing717200
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:11 am

Hillis wrote:
Kellyann Conway strikes again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 5de3c051d5

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.

Fours years of this? The nation will be in ruins in 4 months with these ignorant asses running things.


You're going to have a long eight years complaining about everything Trump does.

Did you think Obamas was an ignorant ass when he did these things:

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/top-10-obama-gaffes/

#stopbeingapostelectionbitch
Last edited by Boeing717200 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 am

Boeing717200 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
Kellyann Conway strikes again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 5de3c051d5

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.

Fours years of this? The nation will be in ruins in 4 months with these ignorant asses running things.


You're going to have a long eight years complaining about everything Trump does.

Did you think Obamas was an ignorant ass when he said these things:

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/top-10-obama-gaffes/


In 8 years, Trump will be in SuperMax in Kansas.
 
User avatar
Boeing717200
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:15 am

Hillis wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
Kellyann Conway strikes again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 5de3c051d5

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.

Fours years of this? The nation will be in ruins in 4 months with these ignorant asses running things.


You're going to have a long eight years complaining about everything Trump does.

Did you think Obamas was an ignorant ass when he said these things:

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/top-10-obama-gaffes/


In 8 years, Trump will be in SuperMax in Kansas.


Gawd you're going to be pissed.
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22625
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:38 am

Boeing717200 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
Kellyann Conway strikes again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 5de3c051d5

Just another exampe of a fact-free group currently occupying the White House. Trumpies are saying she just misspoke, but I don't buy that. She was trying to raise fear through the mistrust that Trumpies have for the "mainstream media", and concocted a story about a non-existent terrorist attack that the media didn't report on.

Fours years of this? The nation will be in ruins in 4 months with these ignorant asses running things.


You're going to have a long eight years complaining about everything Trump does.

Did you think Obamas was an ignorant ass when he did these things:

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/top-10-obama-gaffes/

#stopbeingapostelectionbitch


Yes. Because those are as bad or worse as making up a terrorist attack or citing "alternative facts" or insisting that "3 to 5 million" votes were cast illegally. Whatever gets you through the night.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/03/bowling ... uslim-ban/
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5878
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:54 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Of course it's a lie, even KC admitted it. Move on.

As long as the site https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/ remains and is not taken down, it is impossible to simply move on.

Or is obtaining money by deception acceptable?


As somebody said...

"I'm not sarcastic. I'm alt-sincere."

People who click on "Donate" see that they're donating to the ACLU.


David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15265
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 pm

The closest thing to a 'massacre' in Bowling Green was a couple of years ago the sinkhole inside a part of the Corvette Museum that sucked in a number of historic cars, destroying several and $1M + in damage.
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5043
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
You're going to have a long eight years complaining about everything Trump does.


It's going to seem much longer to you though, since you're going to have to keep coming up with excuses for the nonsense coming out of this administration at lightning speed. It's only been two weeks, and I have a feeling some of you are already running out, scraping the bottom of the barrel, like:

Did you think Obamas was an ignorant ass when he did these things:

http://humanevents.com/2011/07/10/top-10-obama-gaffes/

#stopbeingapostelectionbitch


...none of which come anywhere even close to what we've seen out of this administration for the last two weeks. And that's eight YEARS worth of 'gaffes' you've got there.
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:22 pm

[photoid]
[/photoid]
ltbewr wrote:
The closest thing to a 'massacre' in Bowling Green was a couple of years ago the sinkhole inside a part of the Corvette Museum that sucked in a number of historic cars, destroying several and $1M + in damage.


Was it a Muslim sinkhole?
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4819
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Man, cognitive dissonance is a bitch... as part of their strategy to dehumanize the opposition, liberals try to paint all conservatives as dumb and immoral. The only problem is, when they get their asses handed to them, that causes some (a lot of) difficulty accepting it ("if they are so dumb and still embarrassed me, what does that make me?"). As a result, they need to create conservative boogeymen / boogeywomen to be able to justify their losses ("not all conservatives are dumb and evil, some are just evil") and so they completely twist or blow out of proportion every little thing they say or do. Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway are just Dick Cheney and Karl Rove v2.0.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Man, cognitive dissonance is a bitch... as part of their strategy to dehumanize the opposition, liberals try to paint all conservatives as dumb and immoral. The only problem is, when they get their asses handed to them, that causes some (a lot of) difficulty accepting it ("if they are so dumb and still embarrassed me, what does that make me?"). As a result, they need to create conservative boogeymen / boogeywomen to be able to justify their losses ("not all conservatives are dumb and evil, some are just evil") and so they completely twist or blow out of proportion every little thing they say or do. Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway are just Dick Cheney and Karl Rove v2.0.


Well, on the dumb and immoral charge, if the shoe fits....

If you want cognitive dissonance, simply look at the GOP: it talks constantly about personal freedom, but then busts its ass trying to deny freedom to LGBTQ's, women who are thinking of getting an abortion, and even Muslims from this nation. The GOP thumps its chest saying their policies are to push all Americans ahead, but then they give huge tax breaks to the wealthiest among us, while cutting back on education, infrastructure, and increasing other taxes that hit the poor and middle class the hardest.

Again, both sides do have their hypocrisies, no doubt, but if you want to play that game, you'll never get anywhere.
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm

It's funny, Kellyann Conway goes on about this fake massacre, and her boss won't even acknowledge the terrorist attack in Canada. Why? Because it wasn't one of those Muslims, but a Trump-supporting white supremacist that carried out the attack.
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Hillis wrote:
It's funny, Kellyann Conway goes on about this fake massacre, and her boss won't even acknowledge the terrorist attack in Canada. Why? Because it wasn't one of those Muslims, but a Trump-supporting white supremacist that carried out the attack.


No no no.. He honestly mistook the mosque for the local shooting club and the worshippers for the targets.. It was an honest mistake.. He should have gone to Specsavers.

He wasn't a white supremacist. Just a younger version of Mr Magoo..

Oh yeah.. one of those worshippers could have at some point gone all terrorist so he was doing society a favour..
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4819
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Hillis wrote:
personal freedom, but then busts its ass trying to deny freedom to LGBTQ's, women who are thinking of getting an abortion..


With personal freedom also comes personal responsibility. Killing someone's kid (and no, it is not just hers) because she is too stupid to figure out how babies are made and how to stop it from happening is not an act of "personal freedom", it is an act of pure evil.

Hillis wrote:
and even Muslims from this nation..


Since you never actually had to deal with immigration procedures in the U.S. I will give it a pass, but for a long, long time, whenever you apply for a U.S. visa, there has been a question in the form, which you need to tick Yes or No to, asking you if you have ever been a member of the German National Socialist Party. So there is plenty of precedent for banning from the U.S. supporters of ideologies started by murderous tyrants who raped and pillaged their way into conquering vast swaths of territory, although so far it has been limited to ones that were less successful at holding on to it. The first amendment of the United States gives you the right to be a KKK or neo-Nazi asshole if you want to, it does not give you the right to show up at the border in full Klan or SS uniform, stand in the non-U.S. citizen line and expect to be let in.

The Executive Order on immigration is not a muslim ban (does not go quite far enough, unfortunately) but would be perfectly legal if it was.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
wingman
Posts: 3992
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:19 am

Nothing rational or sensible will ever result when one dumbshit serves as the PR mouthpiece for another dumbshit. Cheney and Rove arguably had some evidence of functioning brain cells when they engineered the pissing away of $2T for nothing in return and 5000 body bags, capping that little stint with the near total destruction of the global economy. If Conway and Cheeto Jowls are version 2.0 of those miserable failures then we are well and truly screwed.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14194
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:34 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3xJZdBWIAUyqlX.jpg

I thought this covers it. If on already, my apologies.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
KruegerFlaps
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:36 am

Pyrex wrote:
Killing someone's kid (and no, it is not just hers) because she is too stupid to figure out how babies are made

Interesting that it is always the woman who is too stupid. You'd think the man would also have some idea. Perhaps he does but clearly, to the rabid right, he has no responsibility. First thing he'll typically do is deny it's his and do a runner. Then he'll moralise.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9665
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 am

It could have easily happened. The terrorists were based there, they had the resources and they were inside the USA. It is a fact that such a massacre could have happened.
 
johns624
Posts: 2804
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:19 pm

seahawk wrote:
It could have easily happened. The terrorists were based there, they had the resources and they were inside the USA. It is a fact that such a massacre could have happened.
But it didn't and they weren't accused of planning it. They were charged with wanting to support terrorists in the ME.
 
WIederling
Posts: 9341
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:55 pm

seahawk wrote:
It could have easily happened. The terrorists were based there, they had the resources and they were inside the USA. It is a fact that such a massacre could have happened.


mind crime. thought police.

That is dangerous rubbish thinking.
Murphy is an optimist
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:47 pm

seahawk wrote:
It could have easily happened. The terrorists were based there, they had the resources and they were inside the USA. It is a fact that such a massacre could have happened.


If the dog hadn't stopped to lick his balls, he'd have caught the rabbit. Reality isn't based on "if".

If's don't justify such outright lying and ignorance by Axis Kelly.
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Hillis wrote:
personal freedom, but then busts its ass trying to deny freedom to LGBTQ's, women who are thinking of getting an abortion..


With personal freedom also comes personal responsibility. Killing someone's kid (and no, it is not just hers) because she is too stupid to figure out how babies are made and how to stop it from happening is not an act of "personal freedom", it is an act of pure evil.


That's your opinion. And where's the responsibility for the man who got her pregnant? You see mostly older white males trying to dictate to woman about their own bodies, and trying to legislate what they can do, but I don't think you ever hear those old white men chastising the men who get the woman pregnant. How come, in your misgonystic eyes, the men aren't "stupid"? It's not a one-way street.

And as I've said many time, it's not your freakin' business what a person you don't know does with her reproductive system. You should have no say-so, neither should I, and neither should government. Abortions are going to happen whether it's lawful or not, so why not make them safe as possible, and why not work on incentives that would, say, let a teenage girl who can't afford to raise a child, to take the fetus to term, give birth, and incentives so that more good people can adopt that child? That's be far more productive than your demonization of women.
 
WIederling
Posts: 9341
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Pyrex wrote:
With personal freedom also comes personal responsibility. Killing someone's kid (and no, it is not just hers) because she is too stupid to figure out how babies are made and how to stop it from happening is not an act of "personal freedom", it is an act of pure evil.


The same rabid pro-lifers appear to also be against sex ed.

Just like the catholic church the only motivation I can see for that combo
is to have power over others.
Being able to tell them what to do, when to do it and how to do it.
How deeply selfhating must a person be for this to be the major driving force in life.

There is a special place in hell for those.
( read: Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle : Inferno :-)
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4346
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:35 am

Scorpio wrote:
The lengths some people are clearly willing to go to in order to defend this woman ...


I find it hilarious the extent to which the right supports her. I remember around election time how people were talking about how remarkable she was/is and how shes the future of conservativism. The only thing remarkable I see in her is the amount of botox she's had over the years, allowing her to keep a straight face whilst spouting all kinds of whoppers.


KruegerFlaps wrote:
As long as the site https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/ remains and is not taken down, it is impossible to simply move on.

Or is obtaining money by deception acceptable?

Worked out fine for Trump through Trump University. ;)
First to fly the 787-9
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13459
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:24 pm

KruegerFlaps wrote:
. First thing he'll typically do is deny it's his and do a runner. Then he'll moralise.


And for the obvious reason, no copying of other systems. If the father doesn´t pay in the US, pretty much too bad, if the father doesn´t pay here, government pays for him.... and comes after him to get the money back. And they get to pay until the child has a real Job qualification, worst case you pay until the kid is 26 (well, 27 years minus 1 day).

And most importantly, if those people where pro life, they would support good sex education, universal healthcare and easy access to contraceptives regardless of age....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:35 pm

WIederling wrote:
The same rabid pro-lifers appear to also be against sex ed.

Just like the catholic church the only motivation I can see for that combo
is to have power over others.


Bingo! Despite the Catholic Church's reverence for The Virgin Mary, it has never liked nor very much tolerated woman over the two centuries it has existed. Neither does the GOP, who seems to be filled with misogynistic men, and women who think they have to walk two steps behind and to the left of any man. That has been built in because The Bible said that woman was created from man's rib (and so she has to be subservient, right), and because most Republicans take The Bible literally.

Excellent observation.
 
User avatar
KruegerFlaps
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:49 am

Hillis wrote:
That has been built in because The Bible said that woman was created from man's rib (and so she has to be subservient, right), and because most Republicans take The Bible literally.

Really? You know this how? If it is true, then we must accept that most Republicans have never lied, never cheated someone, go out of their way to be charitable to others, love their neighbours as themselves. They certainly wouldn't excite fear and loathing of others.

Actually, the scriptural basis for woman's submissiveness to man was not that she was created from Adam's rib but that she was allegedly deceived and in disobedience to God, ate of the Tree of Knowledge and caused Adam to do the same. It is as a result of the "fall" that God allegedly told her, "Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” Initially, so the story goes, Eve was created as a helper and a partner - the use of Adam's rib was an expression of being of one flesh, not of being inferior.

Later writer's liked to compare the relationship of man and woman to the relationship between Christ and the church, saying just as Christ is leader of the church so too the man is leader of the woman. But the theoretical underpinning remained the "fall", not creation. Naturally, today's Christians may read things very differently.

In reality, Republicans are made up of people with all sorts of beliefs and behaviour patterns, just as Democrats and unaligned individuals are. This blanket right/ left polarity is far too simplistic even if it might be comfortable to assume.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13459
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:51 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
In reality, Republicans are made up of people with all sorts of beliefs and behaviour patterns, just as Democrats and unaligned individuals are. This blanket right/ left polarity is far too simplistic even if it might be comfortable to assume.


And in case any one is wondering why Republicans are so overwhelmingly against Darwin. Evolution means no Adam and Eve and equal sexes....

Keeping Darwin out of the schools is pretty much a move entirely design to keep women small.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22625
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:03 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
In reality, Republicans are made up of people with all sorts of beliefs and behaviour patterns, just as Democrats and unaligned individuals are. This blanket right/ left polarity is far too simplistic even if it might be comfortable to assume.


But the leadership, from the top down, demands that Christianity be put above the Constitution. There is a "Religious Freedom" executive order being drafted. It has nothing at all to do with religious freedom. In fact, it would allow discrimination by so-called "Christians" against anyone they just plain don't like. Betsy DeVos, nominee for Education Secretary, wants the Christian Bible to be taught in public school. Mike Pence, the vice president, got Christianity to be protected above the law while he was governor of Indiana.

Democrats don't give a darn what religion someone follows. Democrats do not want legislation based on religion period. There is the difference.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13459
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 am

seb146 wrote:
Betsy DeVos, nominee for Education Secretary, wants the Christian Bible to be taught in public school. Mike Pence, the vice president, got Christianity to be protected above the law while he was governor of Indiana.


Well... we have mandatory religion classes in school, and as soon as kids can about half of them opts out for Ethics or Philosophy, many of the rest just go because their parents make them. Religion in school is actually quite an effective way to produce atheists and agnostics..... and in public schools it has to be taught secular. That is probably why she hates public schools so much....

Democrats don't give a darn what religion someone follows. .


And often don´t know which religion their leaders prescribe to in other countries....
I only know Merkel is a Christian because she was overjoyed when Bin Laden got killed..... and secular people are never happy when someone dies. And yup, protestant...

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
KruegerFlaps
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 am

tommy1808 wrote:
..... and secular people are never happy when someone dies.

Being secular can mean either that a person believes that there should be a separation between church and state, or that a person follows no particular religion. It is possible to be a Catholic, for example, and still believe that church and state should remain separate and a person free to choose to follow a religion or not. Beyond that and within the bounds of law, a person who claims to be secular can believe or behave in any way they like. They can vote Republican or Democrat; they can prefer football to ballet; they can even laugh when someone slips on a banana skin.

The latter might be deemed ungenerous but who said that secular people should be generous? Being secular does not imply that one is somehow more stoic, virtuous or moral than another person so a person can be secular and still be pleased that a person like Bin Laden is no more. Not because Bin Laden was a Muslim but because he was a promoter of terrorism.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13459
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
Being secular does not imply that one is somehow more stoic, virtuous or moral than another person


on average it means exactly that.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
KruegerFlaps
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 am

tommy1808 wrote:
on average it means exactly that.

Really? I know that there have been some studies that show violent crimes, murders and infidelity tend to be higher in some areas where the incidence of religion is higher. But is it because of secularism that street crime is less in some areas than others or is it because of greater average wealth? Does the higher incidence of violent attacks on refugee centres in the eastern part of Germany reflect a more intense religious background in that part of the country or is it because there is higher unemployment?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22625
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:15 am

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Betsy DeVos, nominee for Education Secretary, wants the Christian Bible to be taught in public school. Mike Pence, the vice president, got Christianity to be protected above the law while he was governor of Indiana.


Well... we have mandatory religion classes in school, and as soon as kids can about half of them opts out for Ethics or Philosophy, many of the rest just go because their parents make them. Religion in school is actually quite an effective way to produce atheists and agnostics..... and in public schools it has to be taught secular. That is probably why she hates public schools so much....


She has no background in education. She was home schooled and home schooled her children. And she claims to know what parents want from public education. And that includes mandatory Christian indoctrination. If parents want to pay for private religious school, that's fine. But public school should be about teaching things like science and math and critical thinking.

tommy1808 wrote:
Democrats don't give a darn what religion someone follows. .


And often don´t know which religion their leaders prescribe to in other countries....
I only know Merkel is a Christian because she was overjoyed when Bin Laden got killed..... and secular people are never happy when someone dies. And yup, protestant...

best regards
Thomas


I am a Protestant, too. Many people of all faiths were overjoyed when Bin Laden was killed. Even atheists. He was evil. The mastermind behind one of the worst mass murders. It had nothing to do with our religions. It was punishment for the crime of murder.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22625
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 am

Here is how much it cost Betsy DeVos to become Education Secretary

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bet ... 613139a5a4
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13459
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:58 am

seb146 wrote:
She was home schooled and home schooled her children.


thank god that is illegal here.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
WIederling
Posts: 9341
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: "The Bowling Green Massacre"

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:54 am

seb146 wrote:
Many people of all faiths were overjoyed when Bin Laden was killed. Even atheists. He was evil. The mastermind behind one of the worst mass murders. It had nothing to do with our religions. It was punishment for the crime of murder.


Finding and killing Bin Laden was an act of perfidy.
.. and that is completely separated by what Bin Laden was,is did or could have done.
.. for some strange reason Bin Laden was never sought as perpetrator in any legal proceedings.

Faking polio inoculations to get at DNA samples in a region that already has misgivings over foreigners and their "help".
Broken trust will kill and maim more children than any act Bin Laden has been accused of.

What danger is a person that sits in his parlor and watches his old video speeches?

Killing Bin Laden was senseless vengeance on questionable grounds.

and _not_ anything in relation to protecting against terrorism.
Murphy is an optimist

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dfwjim1, Goldenshield and 59 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos