Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

helhem

Re: Inappropriate actions by two passengers onboard ryanair from MAN-IBZ

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:17 am

Midwestindy wrote:
This basically sums up why I have not, and never will fly Ryanair....

I might beating a dead horse but that is not necessary.

This is not normal for most of Ryanair including flights to Ibiza. Avoid wekend evening flights to known party locations or charter touristy flights then you will be more than likely ok. Ryanair could have more frequencies for that matter . Many of those lcc flights have an early hour commuter train vibe to them. Depends mostly on time and destination.

I think those traditional party destinations are much less rowdy than they used to be. More of that stuff than is healthy to be found so it should be ok . The reason are changing expectations on both ends , the effect of phones everywhere and social media. Some destinations don't want to be known for things like this and maybe want to cater more to people who might spend more money. People spend more time staring at the screen than doing stupid things and are more careful as videos might follow you back home.

aeromoe

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 am

Completely inappropriate behaviour aboard any form of public transport. The offendrers should be locked up, the crew sacked, and Ryanair fined by the appropriate authorities. There is absolutely no excuse for this behaviour no matter the circumstances, destination, or nationalities involved. Repulsive.
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

rajincajun01

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 am

Has no one really thought of the bio hazards with this? Planes are dirty enough and now we're adding these fluids to the seats.
A319 A320 A321 A330 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 C172 C402 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 DH8 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 E170/175/190 L1011 MD80 MD90 SF340

[email protected]

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 am

I didn't see this coming!
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

trent768

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 am

If they pay £10 more, they might be able to request Careless Whisper to be played in the background

dc9northwest

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:39 am

So what?

For the liquids people -- maybe he didn't finish :)

What could the crew say, "could you wrap that up?", "finish now"?

Whatsaptudo

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:02 am

[list=][/list]You people are pretty hard on the staff around here. Nobody seems to be able to anything right. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't be so quick to throw the "sack em" around. I can see what is "repulsive" around here and it's got nothing to do with Ryanair.

Why on this occasion is there no mobile phone Video?

jomur

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 am

If no one complained to Ryanair then whar?
It was also inappropriate for the other passenger to film them....

tommy1808

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:25 am

aeromoe wrote:
The offendrers should be locked up, the crew sacked, and Ryanair fined by the appropriate authorities. There is absolutely no excuse for this behaviour no matter the circumstances, destination, or nationalities involved. Repulsive.

Only that they are no offenders, since that ain't an offense in the Republic of Ireland or most other civilised places following the rule "if no one's right is violated, than it ain't no crime".
So.. for what exactly should all the happen?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Ryga

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:38 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
:lol: C'mon....it's Ibiza....

You say that, but thankfully the airline I work for Ibiza is too expensive to attract this kind of mess :lol:
AA AM BA BM BY DP DY EK MH PG RJ TK U2 VS Y2 ZB Z2 5J 9W

738 752 762ER/3ER 77W 788/9
A319/20/21 A332/3
E190
ATR 72-600
Jetstream 32
CRJ200ER

Airbus747

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:11 am

Social values are relative and also evolve across time, culture and demographics.

If we accept that different values (co)exist in our world - as in the example mentioned about Saudi norms - then we should not treat this differently.

By all means, I am not one of "them" nor personally endorse it, but maybe that's just due to the time and place I was born. I am starting to see what kind of contemporary trends this could be linked with: body acceptance, naked acceptance, even some forms of feminism, etc. Obviously, each case within its context.

My two british euro-cents

seahawk

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:44 am

Surely made the flight go by faster.

neutrino

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Whatsaptudo wrote:
Why on this occasion is there no mobile phone Video?

Google is your friend. Here you go:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3765478/s ... assengers/
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-13165796

You are welcum!
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis

coronado

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:11 pm

I am surprised no one thought about throwing a pitcher full of cold water over the two characters . It is effective on dogs!
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973

readytotaxi

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 pm

[email protected] wrote:
I didn't see this coming!

It had to be you. :rotfl:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

bmacleod

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:59 pm

It happened in Canada a few years ago, though thankfully the crew took action...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/2-detained-after-sexual-act-on-air-canada-flight-1.2511538
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

Channex757

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm just surprised FR didn't try and sell them overpriced condoms and lube. O'Leary is missing a trick here...

davidjohnson6

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:13 pm

It is perhaps worth noting that of all Ryanair's routes, the ones flying to (not from) Ibiza are the only one where taking alcohol purchased in the airport is banned. I've seen police officers hovering at a gate just to make sure there's no trouble in London Stansted for a flight boarding for Ibiza. It should not be underestimated quite how much Brits travelling from the UK to Ibiza have a tendency to lose their normal inhibitions

Not saying what this couple did was right, just that flying to Ibiza seems to have an unusual effect on many Brits

Interflug74

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 pm

the Brexit´s all over the place..

AY104

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Kind of brings new definition to the term "toerag"("The word derives from old England where convicts used to tie bits of shirt around their toes and feet as a make shift sock, hence "toe rag" means scoundrel"). He's probably bragging about it, and she is now at home wondering why it is she can never meet a nice guy!

When my airline "career" of 26 years ended in 1997, although involuntary, I was somewhat relieved. Behaviour was already starting to get inappropriate. I feel very fortunate to have had the means to travel a lot in my younger years, and lived and worked in a few European countries. The timing was perfect. Now at the age of 67, I am still in good health and am able to enjoy life to the full without having to go anywhere near an airport,get on a plane, and put up with riff-raff like that.

I had a very disgusting experience, trapped in a window seat on Ryanair, between Tampere, Finland and Stansted a few years back. The two beside me were lushes, the bloke was almost passed out and the tart was making passes at me. Matter of fact, she looked not unlike the one in the video!

Fortunately, thanks to globalization, I don't have to go away to meet good people from all over the globe. I don't have a lot of money, and don't travel a lot, and when I do I save up and travel in business class. Not that that necessarily guarantees immunity from such incidences either, but it is generally much more peaceful and comfortable.

For those of you who still enjoy travelling by air, bully for you. There are, fortunately, still a lot of amazing and wonderful people in the world, and I sincerely hope all of you are able to travel with some of them.
The only thing a customer should expect for his/her loyalty is good service

flyingturtle

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:18 am

I was once in a hostel, using a 12-bed room, with bunk beds. The two beds next to mine were occupied by a couple. The first night, that man and his girl just kissed. The second night, they copulated. Though they tried to be as quiet as possible, I noticed their movements. I had a hard time not to giggle.

David, who is still adhering to the principle that the least expensive hotels are the most interesting ones
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

PatrickZ80

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:05 pm

I wonder if this is where they got their inspiration from:

http://www.asstr.org/~Vanessa/Amy8.htm

Warning: 18+ content (text only, no graphics).

This fictional story describes persons having sex in the cabin of an aircraft bound for Ibiza. Extremely similar to what happened here. Might they have read that story and decided to copy it?

PlaneInsomniac

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:02 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
No, it doesn't. As long as nobody objects, why would they try to stop it?

:roll:
Are you serious? How about if somebody intentionally pees on the seat next to you? Should the crew also not be expected to stop them when they notice, unless somebody complains? Not a big difference from a hygiene point of view.

Besides, the article clearly states:

"Unsurprisingly a female passenger who was sitting next to the couple asked to be moved, but Mr Williams said that the crew did nothing to stop the couple or even reprimand them.

'A woman was sat next to them and she stood up and asked if she could be moved. About twenty minutes after it happened, someone complained about it. But the crew did nothing.'"
Am I cured? Slept 5 hours on last long-haul flight...

WIederling

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:21 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:

http://www.asstr.org/~Vanessa/Amy8.htm

This fictional story describes persons having sex in the cabin of an aircraft bound for Ibiza. Extremely similar to what happened here. Might they have read that story and decided to copy it?

no sex. Both had their trousers on.

Only dirty imagination of dirty posters around :-)
Murphy is an optimist

PlaneInsomniac

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 pm

WIederling wrote:

Not according to the article:
"'We all laughed but then ten minutes later they actually did it. They seemed so drunk, they brought a lot of attention to themselves.

'You could see the girl taking off her pants and he pulled his trousers off. She started riding him."

It seems the accompanying photos do not show the juicy part, but they actually did it on the plane in the passenger cabin in full few of everybody.
Am I cured? Slept 5 hours on last long-haul flight...

blackbox67

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Don't know how this tabloid topic made it into this forum..It would seem only the passengers in their row were able to get a glimpse of what happened. But compared to real HC sex acts, these individuals do not give the impression their interaction was for real. Their movements seem more like fake humping to get attention. But I definitely prefer fake humping couples than a moron of a pax beside me...c'mon its 2017.

Blimpie

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Well, if the Daily Mail is to be believed, the pax didn't have sex and it was just a lap dance. But.... the pax involved were trash anyway so to speak. The male getting off ran off on his six month preggers wife to go boozing, and the woman was a 39 year old mother of three who headed out for holiday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601268/Woman-romping-man-Ryanair-Ibiza-flight-mum-two.html
Now get the hell off of my lawn your dang kids!

usflyer msp

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 am

Wow, that is really trashy! I would only engage in such behaviour in an EY apartment or EK Suite, I have some class.

b747400erf

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:27 am

Blimpie wrote:
Well, if the Daily Mail is to be believed, the pax didn't have sex and it was just a lap dance. But.... the pax involved were trash anyway so to speak. The male getting off ran off on his six month preggers wife to go boozing, and the woman was a 39 year old mother of three who headed out for holiday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601268/Woman-romping-man-Ryanair-Ibiza-flight-mum-two.html

A mother is trash for going on a holiday and just as bad as a guy that leaves his pregnant bride-to-be? Great double standard.

AJCNL

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:30 am

Blimpie wrote:

Your first 9 words say it all. The Daily Mail, being one of the worst of the British Tabloids, is generally not to be believed.....

AJCNL

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:33 am

b747400erf wrote:
Blimpie wrote:

A mother is trash for going on a holiday and just as bad as a guy that leaves his pregnant bride-to-be? Great double standard.

No of course not, a mother of three who climbs up on a single guy is far trashier.

b747400erf

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:35 am

AJCNL wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
Blimpie wrote:

No of course not, a mother of three who climbs up on a single guy is far trashier.

Read the post I replied to over again, Blimpie called them both "trash" for their situations of going on a holiday.

Blimpie

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Thank you. I was not referring to a mother of three going on holiday as being trash for being a mother of three, but the fact that this particular one left to give a random stranger a drunken lap dance on a flight in full public.
Now get the hell off of my lawn your dang kids!

BobPatterson

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:20 am

tommy1808 wrote:
aeromoe wrote:
The offendrers should be locked up, the crew sacked, and Ryanair fined by the appropriate authorities. There is absolutely no excuse for this behaviour no matter the circumstances, destination, or nationalities involved. Repulsive.

Only that they are no offenders, since that ain't an offense in the Republic of Ireland or most other civilised places following the rule "if no one's right is violated, than it ain't no crime".
So.. for what exactly should all the happen?

Aeromoe, it usually does no good to try to convince immoral people that they ought to have some sense of morality. If they weren't taught right from wrong by their parents there is little hope for them now. Sad, sad.

Cheers
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

AlexAmsterdam

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:19 pm

WIederling wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:

asstr.org/~Vanessa/Amy8.htm

I guess this story here will be more like what you are looking for ;) https://noveltrove.com/story/1074/mile-high-rendezvous (romantic erotica story 18+)