Dutchy

Re: The Success of President Donald Trump

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Lol, Pyrex, amusing post, although I am afraid you are serious. BTW Russia and Assad isn't mainly responsible for getting rid of IS, but amusing you still try to sneak that one in, but you are a Putin fanboy or you aren't.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

einsteinboricua

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Pyrex wrote:
ISIS is gone, for all intents and purposes (yes, mostly thanks to Assad and the Russians, but still counts as a victory under his watch)

You know what I find funny about conservatives? They claim credit for everything and deny it when it suits them. When Obama ordered bin Laden to be killed, conservatives yelled saying "don't forget, it was Bush who went to Afghanistan and defeated the Taliban and Al Qaeda", and Obama graciously gave credit where credit was due.

Now that ISIS is "wiped out", without ANY change of strategy from what Obama did, now it's all Trump's doing and no credit for Obama.

"Well, if Obama hadn't withdrawn from Iraq, ISIS wouldn't have existed"...true, BUT it's easy to forget that the withdrawal agreement was signed before Obama took office and he tried to salvage a deal where troops would remain behind. But it's always better to blame the black guy.

Pyrex wrote:
All while dealing with three major catastrophes hitting the U.S. (two of them with a very effective Federal response).

Only because two of the three areas were part of states that put him in the White House. FEMA can stay as long as it needs to in FL and TX...PR? Nope...it's too expensive and they gotta start doing stuff on their own. I'm just hoping the recent exodus to FL tips the scales significantly.

Pyrex wrote:
Plus, he also managed to get a new judge nominated for the Supreme Court
History will judge Republicans and not in a good way. The day the GOP-led Senate refused to even have hearings on a vacancy that Obama was obliged to fill was one of the most disgusting displays of partisanship ever seen, to the point where Senators didn't even hide their intent, stating that if Clinton won, they would still prevent her from nominating someone because the court could work with 8 justices. If Justice Gorsuch had had ANY sense of patriotism, he would have refused his nomination.

Pyrex wrote:
Many of these decisions are in effect irreversible or will be really hard to revert under a future Democratic government.
That hasn't stopped Republicans from attempting to undo Roe v. Wade, test its limits, and pin their hopes that a future SCOTUS court will overturn it. And that's just one subject. We haven't even talked about Obergefell.

Pyrex wrote:
Frankly, the Democrats could take control of Congress (possible) and the Senate (unlikely) in 2018

You DO realize that the Senate is part of Congress...you probably meant the House. If Democrats take Congress, it means they took both chambers.

Pyrex wrote:
lead to total legislative gridlock for two years and still have this be a fairly successful presidency.

Frankly, I'd love legislative gridlock:
1. Let's see how Trump (and conservatives) change their tune when it comes to executive orders
2. Some bipartisanship and compromise solutions will be found instead of one-sided half-fixes.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Dutchy

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:58 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
1. Let's see how Trump (and conservatives) change their tune when it comes to executive orders

How many executive orders has Trump already signed?

einsteinboricua

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

How many executive orders has Trump already signed?

52 but that's pish posh...tame compared to that runaway dictator Obama (even though Obama had only signed 38 by this point in his presidency).

But wait until (if) Congress is gridlocked. The pen will not fail and I'm certain that, just like his golfing attacks, they'll be a thing of the past.

tommy1808

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:34 am

Pyrex wrote:
BTW, when will the UN vote on urging Poland to return Lower Silesia to Germany?

Never, since Germany doesn't claim it or any other territory outside todays borders and explicitly excluded doing so in the future.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

NoTime

Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:39 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Now that ISIS is "wiped out", without ANY change of strategy from what Obama did, now it's all Trump's doing and no credit for Obama.

That's simply incorrect. Under the Obama administration, the fight against ISIS had become a Vietnam-lite in terms of the level of approvals needed and the micro-managing of each mission. By all accounts, President Trump put a stop to the micro-managing that was going on and put much of the decision making back into the hands of the military officers.

The result (to no one's surprise except, perhaps, the left) was greatly improved agility from the military units doing the fighting, which led to more success.

Anyhow, back on topic, here's a list of Trump's accomplishments...

Jobs and the economy

Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
    Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
    Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.
    Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
    A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.

A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
    A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
    Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.

Killing job-stifling regulations

Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
    Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.
    Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.
    Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit approvals.
    Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly targeted the coal industry.

Fair trade

Made good on his campaign promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
    Opened up the North American Free Trade Agreement for talks to better the deal for the U.S.
    Worked to bring companies back to the U.S., and companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open U.S. plants.
    Worked to promote the sale of U.S products abroad.
    Made enforcement of U.S. trade laws, especially those that involve national security, a priority.
    Ended Obama’s deal with Cuba.

Protecting the U.S. homeland

Laid out new principles for reforming immigration and announced plan to end "chain migration," which lets one legal immigrant to bring in dozens of family members.
    Made progress to build the border wall with Mexico.
    Ended the Obama-era “catch and release” of illegal immigrants.
    Boosted the arrests of illegals inside the U.S.
    Doubled the number of counties participating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement charged with deporting illegals.
    Removed 36 percent more criminal gang members than in fiscal 2016.
    Started the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival program.
    Ditto for other amnesty programs like Deferred Action for Parents of Americans.
    Cracking down on some 300 sanctuary cities that defy ICE but still get federal dollars.
    Added some 100 new immigration judges.

Protecting communities

Justice announced grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops.
    Justice worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge 4,000 MS-13 members.
    Homeland rounded up nearly 800 MS-13 members, an 83 percent one-year increase.
    Signed three executive orders aimed at cracking down on international criminal organizations.
    Attorney General Jeff Sessions created new National Public Safety Partnership, a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent crimes.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/year- ... le/2644159

einsteinboricua

Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:57 pm

NoTime wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

That's simply incorrect. Under the Obama administration, the fight against ISIS had become a Vietnam-lite in terms of the level of approvals needed and the micro-managing of each mission. By all accounts, President Trump put a stop to the micro-managing that was going on and put much of the decision making back into the hands of the military officers.

Never mind the fact that before the election, the tide had turned against ISIS and the battle for Mosul had begun, with Fallujah having been recaptured earlier in the year.

Changing bureaucracy is not really a change in strategy. No combat troops were deployed, air bombings continued, and ground support remained intact.

And if, indeed, you say that Trump allowed his military officers (and their direct reports) to make all the calls, then he essentially abdicated his role as commander in chief and took no role in this, which means the only thing he can take credit for is handing over responsibility to someone else.

But his super secret plan to defeat ISIS (remember, during the campaign?) looked a lot like what had happened during the last years of Obama's presidency: a leading from behind strategy, where no combat troops are deployed (except to provide support for Iraqi troops), attacks are made through bombings and strikes of suspected ISIS targets, and a multinational coalition is participating.

NoTime

Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:22 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Changing bureaucracy is not really a change in strategy.

Of course it is. Increasing the speed at which our troops can identify and engage targets, without requiring high level pencil-pushers to approve it first, is a huge shift in how the fighting is accomplished.

einsteinboricua wrote:
No combat troops were deployed, air bombings continued, and ground support remained intact.

You have a very limited view regarding how efficiency can be gained and effectiveness can be improved in combat operations.

einsteinboricua wrote:
And if, indeed, you say that Trump allowed his military officers (and their direct reports) to make all the calls, then he essentially abdicated his role as commander in chief and took no role in this, which means the only thing he can take credit for is handing over responsibility to someone else.

Apologies, but this is dumb on so many levels. You undoubtedly would've been great friends with President Johnson and SecDef McNamara.

Let me guess, you think the President should be planning what each individual infantry platoon is doing every day? Perhaps tasking each fighter squadron with their targets for the week?

seb146

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:24 pm

NoTime wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Of course it is. Increasing the speed at which our troops can identify and engage targets, without requiring high level pencil-pushers to approve it first, is a huge shift in how the fighting is accomplished.

Your response reminds me of that South Park episode. Early on, the uncle shoots everything because "you saw he was attacking me!" or "you say he was coming at me!"

There is a time and place and I get that troops must err on the side of caution but c'mon. This feeds into the right wing fear of brown people, too.

NoTime wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Apologies, but this is dumb on so many levels. You undoubtedly would've been great friends with President Johnson and SecDef McNamara.

Let me guess, you think the President should be planning what each individual infantry platoon is doing every day? Perhaps tasking each fighter squadron with their targets for the week?

How many righties were screaming and crying when Obama let his generals make decisions? All you righties were blaming Obama when troops died. This double standard is just stupid. If you held Obama to an impossibly high standard, you righties MUST hold YOUR president to the same impossibly high standard.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:25 pm

More winning (for the rich)

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/1 ... e_facebook

And tRump don't care who knows and how it sounds. Congratulations righties!

tommy1808

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:57 pm

NoTime wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Oh my, ISIS was having serious manpower problems for about two years now and military might had absolutely nothing to do with that. It was the simple fact that ISIS occupied territories ran out of men to press into armed service.
That is the only reason why ISIS is about to be wiped out, If a change in military strategy had anything to do with it, Afghanistan would be paradise, but in the real world the situation there is deterioration. There are simply no data points suggesting that a change in military strategy had anything to do with ISIS defeat, at best it accelerated its downfall a tiny fraction.
And even If, Trump promised 30 days, again he failed his promise by 90%.

Best regards
Thomas

NoTime

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:13 pm

seb146 wrote:
How many righties were screaming and crying when Obama let his generals make decisions? All you righties were blaming Obama when troops died. This double standard is just stupid. If you held Obama to an impossibly high standard, you righties MUST hold YOUR president to the same impossibly high standard.

What in the world are you talking about? Did Obama ever let his generals make decisions? If so, I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with it, because they would be infinitely more competent than he, or any politician, was.

I do hold Trump to the same standard that I held Obama to - if you're going to involve the military, don't hamstring their effectiveness by micro-managing their operations. Set high level direction and purpose, and then let the experts handle the rest.

seb146

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:17 pm

NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:

What in the world are you talking about? Did Obama ever let his generals make decisions? If so, I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with it, because they would be infinitely more competent than he, or any politician, was.

I do hold Trump to the same standard that I held Obama to - if you're going to involve the military, don't hamstring their effectiveness by micro-managing their operations. Set high level direction and purpose, and then let the experts handle the rest.

One word: Benghazi. You righties would rather believe what your right wing politicians tell you than what military experts tell you under oath.

Again: hold YOUR president to the same high standards you held Obama to.

Puerto Rico is still a mess. Four soldiers died in Niger for what reason? A portion of a Canadian oil pipeline ruptured on American land. Why are there no investigations over these issues? Why are you all not demanding action on these issues?

einsteinboricua

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:39 pm

seahawk wrote:
Now Trump has brought Christmas back and it is bigger than before. So much winning.

I'm guessing this guy feels vindicated

Christmas Pastor

When are all the people placed in prison for saying "Merry Christmas" gonna be released or have their fines eliminated?

tommy1808

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:57 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Now Trump has brought Christmas back and it is bigger than before. So much winning.

I'm guessing this guy feels vindicated

Christmas Pastor

When are all the people placed in prison for saying "Merry Christmas" gonna be released or have their fines eliminated?

Well.. I guess we can add "coward" To the things Trump is then: https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtr ... 1264115714

That Judas rather lied that speaking up for his saviour...

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:16 pm

For years, I have been asking when we were not allowed to say "Merry Christmas." Apparently, it was a thing. Not all of us were aware of the human toll it took, what with the huge swaths of American society being put out of work or thrown in secret camps just for saying "Merry Christmas." But, thank God (the white, blonde, blue eyed English speaking one) that tRump has allowed us, once again, to say "Merry Christmas" and only he who set the prisoners free! /sarcasm

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/ ... house.html

there is not a "shaking my head" or "eye roll" emoji epic enough....

tommy1808

Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/ ... house.html

there is not a "shaking my head" or "eye roll" emoji epic enough....

And of course the Muslim Satan Twins never ever said "Marry Christmas": http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/debun ... 6457667627

Best regards
Thomas

salttee

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:23 am

It occurs to me that we are witnessing the Republicans uniting behind Trump with the goal of defending Trump with the same defense that OJ Simpson used to evade a conviction for murdering his wife, Nicole Simpson. Where Simpson's legal team indicted the LAPD using Mark Fuhrman as the sacrificial goat, the Republicans are preparing to slander the FBI by going after Mark Mueller, James Comey and Andrew McCabe.

Hey, it's a proven defense; you can get away with murder going that route.

DIRECTFLT

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Great Again: Retailers feel Christmas Cheer

https://www.wsj.com/articles/retailers- ... 1514243102
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

WarRI1

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 am

Where are the jobs that pay a living wage and the wonderful healthcare plan that were promised over and over?
15% maybe making money off of Wall Street rise, 85 % getting no bounce as far as I can see. We are seeing plastic fever buying imported goods. I wonder what percentage of earnings going into savings, anybody know? tRump is sure racking up time on the course. Remember Obama and the screaming from the Republicans about playing golf? About 85 rounds and counting for tRump in less than a year. Of course big mouth is working while playing, or is it playing at working ? You guess!
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

seb146

Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:12 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Great Again: Retailers feel Christmas Cheer

https://www.wsj.com/articles/retailers- ... 1514243102

Those are not REAL unemployment numbers. Those numbers only count a certain sector of the job market. If they would report the REAL job numbers, that unemployment rate would be much higher. Because, remember, that was the logic under Obama. And retail did well under Obama as well.

Why the heck is everyone on the right acting like this is all new? Like none of this ever happened before? Like none of us existed before 2016? This is insane.

WarRI1

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:09 am

Why the heck is everyone on the right acting like this is all new? Like none of this ever happened before? Like none of us existed before 2016? This is insane.

A very good description as far as I am concerned. Insane. You would think the Savoir has come to walk the earth, with the multitudes bowing down. Not hardly, not really and no sharing of the loaves and fishes. This Savoir preaches trickle down.

WarRI1

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 42664.html

Just in case I had any stats wrong about tRump and his habits of screwing the public or being a huckster on our dime to make his property more valuable by letting the wealthy rub elbows from a distance while he plays golf on his property. I guess this make the 200K fee more palatable. Read his tweet about Obama, that is rich in the utmost hypocrisy.

Aesma

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:00 am

New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

seb146

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:15 am

Aesma wrote:

I hope they DO invite Barack and Michelle and not Donnie and Mel. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

WarRI1

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:16 am

Aesma wrote:

It would not surprise me, of course what does theses days with anything to do with politics and tRump. What could anyone do if the Obama's are invited, boycott. tweet, fire the Prince?

Dutchy

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 am

bgm

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 am

Aesma wrote:

This is spectacularly awesome!

Not getting an invite to the wedding will infuriate him, but not getting an invite when the Obamas do? Time to grab that popcorn and watch those veins pop out of his head. Expect a major Twitter meltdown... :rotfl:
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

einsteinboricua

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:03 pm

bgm wrote:
This is spectacularly awesome!

Not getting an invite to the wedding will infuriate him, but not getting an invite when the Obamas do? Time to grab that popcorn and watch those veins pop out of his head. Expect a major Twitter meltdown... :rotfl:

I don't think so. He'll pull a "Person of the Year" tweet, akin to:

He'll never admit defeat or show weakness. Sort of like saying "well, I didn't want to go anyway".

Mortyman

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:04 pm

US presidents usually don't attend royal weddings. I don't see why it's important to send invites ?

N14AZ

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:22 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I don't think so. He'll pull a "Person of the Year" tweet, akin to:

„Maybe some other time“ ?!?!
Meaning after his first divorce and when he will marry for the second time? ;-)

einsteinboricua

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:48 pm

I guess another success is the amount of golf he manages to squeeze in while blatantly lying about it.

Golf

seahawk
Topic Author

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Who does great work, needs to relax.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Aesma wrote:

How could Prince Harry not invite his new BFF Barry Obama ???

I suspect they'll go on Tour soon, with Al Gore...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

cpd

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:10 am

seb146 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

I hope they DO invite Barack and Michelle and not Donnie and Mel. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

If I were telling the Prince anything, I would have said to him, it's your wedding, invite who you want, to heck with what all the various admin staff and others say.

I have a suspicion Trump will be organising a new US Ambassador to the UN:

http://www.news.com.au/national/russian ... ews-story/

Note, that comes from the right-conservative news.com.au website (Murdoch), so it can't be denounced as fake news. ;)

seahawk
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:25 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Aesma wrote:

"Idiots for a better world" Tour 2018. Sign up for your free global warming T-Shirt and get your signed copy of the communist manifesto today!

bmacleod

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:35 pm

After 2017 record year for weather disasters - Hurricanes, Drought, Wildfires you'd hope Trump will have to wake up and double-up on FEMA funding.

This attitude of "go away - don't bother me" needs to change. :irked:
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

MaverickM11

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:47 pm

seahawk wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Aesma wrote:

"Idiots for a better world" Tour 2018. Sign up for your free global warming T-Shirt and get your signed copy of the communist manifesto today!

Yah your evangelical sexual predator is building sea walls around his golf courses to keep the Mexicans out :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dutchy

Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:02 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yah your evangelical sexual predator is building sea walls around his golf courses to keep the Mexicans out :rotfl:

huh, Trump an evangelical? That would be funny, he needs to be reborn every day because of the lifestyle he leads.

seahawk
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:47 pm

bmacleod wrote:
After 2017 record year for weather disasters - Hurricanes, Drought, Wildfires you'd hope Trump will have to wake up and double-up on FEMA funding.

You think?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7229701120

Dutchy

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:42 pm

seahawk wrote:
bmacleod wrote:

You think?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7229701120

Well at least he recognizes the fact there is something like climate change, it is a start :lol:

Dutchy

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Intersting:

Melania Trump's body language
Melania Trump works hard to blend in and not give anything away, but our body language expert can still spot clues revealing the state of the First Lady's relationship with husband President Trump

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/9466 ... 17/video/1

MaverickM11

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:
huh, Trump an evangelical? That would be funny, he needs to be reborn every day because of the lifestyle he leads.

Look at any evangelist and you find shades of Trump: Bakker, Falwell father and son, Osteen, Robertson, you name it. No one better represents their insatiable greed, narcissism, ignorance, bigotry, and vengeance while screwing over their congregation than Trump. He's the perfect evangelical.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dutchy

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm

petertenthije wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Maybe that’s why he has the mental age of a 12 year old.

You give him too much credit, I would say kindergarten age with revanche as the primary motivator.

petertenthije

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Maybe that’s why he has the mental age of a 12 year old.
Attamottamotta!

MaverickM11

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:05 pm

It's a day ending in Y so it must be time for another bonkers, incoherent Trump interview with the failing New York Times he hates so much--but keeps returning to cuz zomg attention!

Incoherent, authoritarian, uninformed: Trump’s New York Times interview is a scary read
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... york-times
E pur si muove -Galileo

DIRECTFLT

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:12 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Ahhhh, if only Roy Moore had made it to the US Senate floor. Just think of all the things he could have promoted, with impunity!!

He'd reduce the age of consent to 14 --- but for girls only.... Sorry NAMBLA!!

Dutchy

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:53 am

Trump asks for $33B for border, including $18B for wall

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration has revealed its master plan for securing the border -- and it's going to cost $33 billion.

Of that total, $18 billion will be required for President Donald Trump's long-promised border wall, according to Customs and Border Protection documents obtained by CNN that were sent to lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/05/polit ... index.html

He still wants to build his stupid wall at a cost of 33b total (18b for the wall itself (whatever happened to the 4b mark because Trump did it :lol: )), or about $US 100 per American.

einsteinboricua

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:

He still wants to build his stupid wall at a cost of 33b total (18b for the wall itself (whatever happened to the 4b mark because Trump did it :lol: )), or about $US 100 per American.

Wait to see how his supporters condone this and say "well, Mexico will pay us back". The GOP, in a desperate need to continue a winning streak, will narrowly approve this (at least in the House...we'll see how the Senate behaves...definitely no normal process, but even a 50th vote is shaky).

Dutchy

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:47 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Wait to see how his supporters condone this and say "well, Mexico will pay us back". The GOP, in a desperate need to continue a winning streak, will narrowly approve this (at least in the House...we'll see how the Senate behaves...definitely no normal process, but even a 50th vote is shaky).

put this in the infrastructure and you have something to claim as a victory which will actually help America forward.