Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
pvjin
Topic Author
Posts: 3586
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Several people have been stabbed in the Finnish city of Turku. According to early reports Arabic looking men of foreign background were seen attacking random people with knives and baseball bats in the city center.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40978446

Doesn't surprise me one bit. In 2015 my country received 30 000 asylum seekers mostly from Iraq, many of whom have had their asylum applications rejected by now. There's no control whatsoever, thousands are staying here illegally and nobody knows where or what they are planning to do.

Hopefully this will wake up more people to vote for right wing patriots who will restrict migration and kick existing radicals out. I'm tired of this bs.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
ogre727
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:25 pm

You are disgusting. And repetitive
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm

ogre727 wrote:
You are disgusting. And repetitive


:checkmark:

And more over, part of the problem. Yes, radical Muslims are a problem, radical everything is a problem. Moslims aren't the problem. linking refugees with these attacks is disgusting.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
pvjin
Topic Author
Posts: 3586
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:
ogre727 wrote:
You are disgusting. And repetitive


:checkmark:

And more over, part of the problem. Yes, radical Muslims are a problem, radical everything is a problem. Moslims aren't the problem. linking refugees with these attacks is disgusting.


Chances are the attacker arrived here as a refugee. Most refugees aren't radicals, but there are many terrorists hiding among them.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
CplKlinger
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Funny responses in this thread from a guy with an MLK quote as his sig . He needs to go find another echo chamber that better suits his views.
 
User avatar
pvjin
Topic Author
Posts: 3586
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:41 pm

CplKlinger wrote:
Funny responses in this thread from a guy with an MLK quote as his dog. He needs to go find another echo chamber that better suits his views.


Yeah, perhaps MLK would have approved these attacks the way you people do.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:41 pm

pvjin wrote:
ogre727 wrote:
He should be banned. Cant take more of his racist remarks. What a pathetic loser. Really.


Blah blah blah, nothing I've ever said here is racist. You are a pathetic loser for defending terrorist attacks. And I don't mind getting banned, there are plenty of other forums with much better quality of discussion.


Bye, bye. Why come here if there are better forums out there?
Last edited by Dutchy on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
pvjin
Topic Author
Posts: 3586
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:
pvjin wrote:
ogre727 wrote:
He should be banned. Cant take more of his racist remarks. What a pathetic loser. Really.


Blah blah blah, nothing I've ever said here is racist. You are a pathetic loser for defending terrorist attacks. And I don't mind getting banned, there are plenty of other forums with much better quality of discussion.


Bye, bye. Why come here if there are better forums out there?


Because while I enjoy quality discussions I do also enjoy triggering liberal terrorist apologists.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm

CplKlinger wrote:
Funny responses in this thread from a guy with an MLK quote as his sig . He needs to go find another echo chamber that better suits his views.


And an European flag as an avatar. He doesn't subscribe to European values. Ah well, perhaps it was better than the ridiculous Putin avatar. Let's see if he will put it here, just to bug us......
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:46 pm

pvjin wrote:
Because while I enjoy quality discussions I do also enjoy triggering liberal terrorist apologists.


So you admit, trolling......
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12853
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:49 pm

ogre727 wrote:
You are disgusting. And repetitive


He might well be but he's often right. Europe let in far to many refugees and now we are paying for it.
 
User avatar
pvjin
Topic Author
Posts: 3586
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:
And an European flag as an avatar. He doesn't subscribe to European values. Ah well, perhaps it was better than the ridiculous Putin avatar. Let's see if he will put it here, just to bug us......


I share many values with leadership of European countries such as Hungary and Poland, which belong to the EU.

Dutchy wrote:
So you admit, trolling......


https://youtu.be/I0tE6T-ecmg?t=123
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
Derico
Posts: 4407
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 1999 9:14 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:51 pm

It would be useful to have some sort of chart showing every single attack in Europe linked to Islamic extremism in the last 5 years (including those with only wounded victims, no victims at all, and all foiled attacks), and have a breakdown of the "background" of the attackers or would be attackers. By breakdown I mean: how many (f any) came into Europe for the first time solely to commit these acts, how many (if any) came in as recent refugees, how many came in as older refugees, how many came in as regular immigrants, how many were born outside Europe but grew up and lived there, and how many were actually born in Europe and lived sometime overseas, and how many never even left Europe.

I don't think such information would be that hard to assemble but would give great insights into how the milieu of these individuals breaks down.

Condolences to all victims of the recent violence in Europe.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:19 pm

ogre727 wrote:
You are disgusting. And repetitive


Actually, your remark is disgusting.
It's okey to disagree, but that kind of rhetoric sad.

The comments in the OPs first post is by no means racist (somebody who think they are should point out where it is), and it might actually turn out to be factual true for most part.
Is it really controversional to suggest there could be a correlation between the number of unvetted people taken into a country from the ME, and the risk of having islamists attacks.

God grief
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
CplKlinger
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
ogre727 wrote:
You are disgusting. And repetitive


Actually, your remark is disgusting.
It's okey to disagree, but that kind of rhetoric sad.

The comments in the OPs first post is by no means racist (somebody who think they are should point out where it is), and it might actually turn out to be factual true for most part.
Is it really controversional to suggest there could be a correlation between the number of unvetted people taken into a country from the ME, and the risk of having islamists attacks.

God grief


He said that people should vote for right wing patriots to restrict immigration. I saw a bunch of those on TV in Virginia the other day beating black people, giving the Nazi salute and carrying Nazi flags. It’s a dog whistle phrase to refer to fascism.
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 pm

CplKlinger wrote:
He said that people should vote for right wing patriots to restrict immigration. I saw a bunch of those on TV in Virginia the other day beating black people, giving the Nazi salute and carrying Nazi flags. It’s a dog whistle phrase to refer to fascism.


So, by your view if you're right wing, a patriot and opposed uncontrolled immigration then you are something akind to a nazi?
I'm just lost for words.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Why is the OP disgusting and repetitive? He is correct that there's too many immigrants from third world countries in Europe and we are paying the price every day now. It's very expensive trying to integrate these kinds of people and experience shows they don't often want to integrate and they stick to the culture they came from. Add to that all the nutcases that like killing innocent people.

And even if we don't look at cost and crazy terrorists, countries in Europe are slowly but steadily losing their identity and local culture because we're being flooded by people which are not even refugees.

I stand by Poland and Hungary for defending their countries. F*** the EU if they are trying to punish them. That arrogance from EU lead to UK leaving as well.

Oh and by the way, try hosting peaceful Prides 10-20 years down the line without attacks from ethnic middle east people that were even born in Europe. We are already seeing these kinds of attacks today and that is just the beginning of the end of liberal Europe. Ironically it happened because liberals failed to accept that many of those people are just abusing European countries' openness.

Tolerance obviously is not something these people care about.
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Moslims aren't the problem. linking refugees with these attacks is disgusting.


Would you please be so kind to elaborate on this since you are so vocal about it, and dare calling someone disgusting?
It has certainly been the case in previous terror attacks that some of the terrorists have come as "refugees".
and probably 99-point-something percent of the terror attacks in the recent say 10 years have been carried out by Moslems motivated by islamic ideology (according to themselves).

I would really like to know which inside information you have regarding this.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
CplKlinger
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:31 pm

787Driver wrote:
Why is the OP disgusting and repetitive? He is correct that there's too many immigrants from third world countries in Europe and we are paying the price every day now. It's very expensive trying to integrate these kinds of people and experience shows they don't often want to integrate and they stick to the culture they came from. Add to that all the nutcases that like killing innocent people.

And even if we don't look at cost and crazy terrorists, countries in Europe are slowly but steadily losing their identity and local culture because we're being flooded by people which are not even refugees.

I stand by Poland and Hungary for defending their countries. F*** the EU if they are trying to punish them. That arrogance from EU lead to UK leaving as well.

Oh and by the way, try hosting peaceful Prides 10-20 years down the line without attacks from ethnic middle east people that were even born in Europe. We are already seeing these kinds of attacks today and that is just the beginning of the end of liberal Europe. Ironically it happened because liberals failed to accept that many of those people are just abusing European countries' openness.

Tolerance obviously is not something these people care about.


Sounds straight out of the play book. Loss of identity and culture. Wanting everyone to rigidly conform to a set of norms. More dog whistles. I’ve heard this all before, except the last time it was all in German.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Moslims aren't the problem. linking refugees with these attacks is disgusting.


Would you please be so kind to elaborate on this since you are so vocal about it, and dare calling someone disgusting?
It has certainly been the case in previous terror attacks that some of the terrorists have come as "refugees".
and probably 99-point-something percent of the terror attacks in the recent say 10 years have been carried out by Moslems motivated by islamic ideology (according to themselves).

I would really like to know which inside information you have regarding this.


There are 1 billion Muslims in the world, only a few are committing these horrific things. I object to blaming a whole group for the deeds of some extremist. Are we going to blame all Christians because of what Joseph R. Kony - the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) - did? Or the nut cases - extremist - whom burn down abortion clinics? Or are you suggesting we should condemn all Buddhists because of what some of them are doing in Myanmar?

And again, some refugees might be terrorist, sure, but the direct link Pvjin is suggesting implies - quite explicitly in this case - that he doesn't want any refugees - especially Muslims - coming to Europe - especially to Finland, his home country - in order to prevent any more of these attacks. And that reasoning is just sickening.

99% plus attacks carried out by Muslims radicals? In Europe? In the world? In America? I highly doubt it. Perhaps in the Middle East that is true.

Disclaimer, I think all religions are quite ridiculous, but as long as someone doesn't bother anyone with it, I am fine with it.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 pm

CplKlinger wrote:
Sounds straight out of the play book. Loss of identity and culture. Wanting everyone to rigidly conform to a set of norms. More dog whistles. I’ve heard this all before, except the last time it was all in German.


You keep pulling the nazi card.
It is an absolutely disgraceful way of debating.
If you don't like your opponents views, just smear him by calling him a nazi. That seems to be your contribution.
All the user basically was saying, was that immigrants should assimilate,integrate and show some respect for the country and culture they have imposed themselves on, or they should go elsewhere.
How can that be wrong.

What is it in the islamic culture you think we should adapt to in the western secular culture?
Is it the mysogyny, the discrimination towards other religions, intolerance towards sexual minorities, polygamy, the right to marry a child brides...what is it?
Perhaps you should try to live in an islamic country to see what it is all about.
If you decide to, then I really hope you are not a woman or an openly gay man....oh and I forgot...I certainly don't hope you're a jew either.
Last edited by Dahlgardo on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:

There are 1 billion Muslims in the world, only a few are committing these horrific things. .


Don't be so naive. They are still way overrepresented in the statistics when it comes to which religion they belong to. Plus, do you know how many of those moslems sympathize with these actions despite the fact that they wouldn't carry these actions out themselves? I'm sure the numbers would shock you. The fact that they have sympathy for these horrific actions is close to being as bad as the killers themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_at ... _terrorism

"A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified...."

"...About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified."

14% of all muslims think it's justified to carry out these cowardly attacks. That's a whole lot of potential terrorists. Over 140 million in fact.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:06 pm

787Driver wrote:
Tolerance obviously is not something these people care about.


Generalisations like that are part of the problem. Do you know what percentage of Europe actually is Muslim? I believe that Muslims are where Christians were in the 1950's.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 4106
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Please discuss the topic without all of the personal attacks, hatred, and name calling. As a native Virginian and someone who lives an hour away from the events in Charlottesville last weekend, I have to admit that I'm very tired of this hatred.

If someone truly espouses white supremacist ideals, then they flat out don't belong on this website. Since it appears that the conflict many of us are having don't relate to that, but rather right wing versus left, how about we have a rational conversation to discuss our differences? With all of the hatred and anger going on in the world right now, why does that have to carry over to this site? I challenge all of you to be better than that. I don't have to agree with you, but I can still show you respect — that's something that goes both ways.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
moslem symbols are obviously the most intrusive since they cover up so much of a person's identity.


You do know only a very few Muslims wear things like niqabs and burkas, right?


No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:25 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

There are 1 billion Muslims in the world, only a few are committing these horrific things. .


Don't be so naive. They are still way overrepresented in the statistics when it comes to which religion they belong to. Plus, do you know how many of those moslems sympathize with these actions despite the fact that they wouldn't carry these actions out themselves? I'm sure the numbers would shock you. The fact that they have sympathy for these horrific actions is close to being as bad as the killers themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_at ... _terrorism

"A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified...."

"...About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified."

14% of all muslims think it's justified to carry out these cowardly attacks. That's a whole lot of potential terrorists. Over 140 million in fact.


Oh come on. Are you seriously suggesting that 140m Muslims would blow him or her self up? I call bullshit. Without a serious study, with a serious question, you cannot answer this question truthfully. It only contributes to a feeling of hatred towards all Muslims, not just nutjobs like the ones whom truly support this. You realize generalizations like these only contributes to the Muslim community drawing together - the easiest way to form a tide group is to create a common enemy - and a negative attitude towards western civilization. Within these tight groups, extremist can remain undetected by law enforcement, much longer. In that way, your thinking contributes to exclusion.
The attitude that works is the inclusion, you are welcome to contribute to our society as long as you respect its written and unwritten laws. If you break them, that will have consequences.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
SOBHI51
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:27 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
moslem symbols are obviously the most intrusive since they cover up so much of a person's identity.


You do know only a very few Muslims wear things like niqabs and burkas, right?


No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."


Leaving aside all insults and prejudice often shown by some specific people, may i ask you what does stop you from joining this religion or any other religion?
As for the head scarf, is it to scary for you to see a woman wearing it? Even if that woman is going to church?

As for the OP, can you make up your mind, are you a Putin admirer, a United Europe follower or a socialist MLK follower? Those 3 things will never go hand in hand, so choose one, i did, it's driving someone here crazy.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam
 
User avatar
CanadaFair
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:29 pm

787Driver wrote:
CplKlinger wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Why is the OP disgusting and repetitive? He is correct that there's too many immigrants from third world countries in Europe and we are paying the price every day now. It's very expensive trying to integrate these kinds of people and experience shows they don't often want to integrate and they stick to the culture they came from. Add to that all the nutcases that like killing innocent people.

And even if we don't look at cost and crazy terrorists, countries in Europe are slowly but steadily losing their identity and local culture because we're being flooded by people which are not even refugees.

I stand by Poland and Hungary for defending their countries. F*** the EU if they are trying to punish them. That arrogance from EU lead to UK leaving as well.

Oh and by the way, try hosting peaceful Prides 10-20 years down the line without attacks from ethnic middle east people that were even born in Europe. We are already seeing these kinds of attacks today and that is just the beginning of the end of liberal Europe. Ironically it happened because liberals failed to accept that many of those people are just abusing European countries' openness.

Tolerance obviously is not something these people care about.


Sounds straight out of the play book. Loss of identity and culture. Wanting everyone to rigidly conform to a set of norms. More dog whistles. I’ve heard this all before, except the last time it was all in German.


No, I just don't like seeing Nazi uniforms (niqabs, burkas, etc) in the streets. Backwards ideology. They can keep their religion in the private. Just like I dont like watching other religious symbols publicly but the moslem symbols are obviously the most intrusive since they cover up so much of a person's identity. And it feels like being given the middle finger by these so called refugees. First they come to Europe because they need refuge, then they continue their lifestyle they had back home. I often wonder why they came in the first place. If I moved to a new country (especially if I was a refugee), I would try to integrate rather quickly knowing that this country accepted me with open arms.

they havent moved theret to adopt the lifestyle and values, they would remain same in Africa and Asia too.
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

There are 1 billion Muslims in the world, only a few are committing these horrific things. .


Don't be so naive. They are still way overrepresented in the statistics when it comes to which religion they belong to. Plus, do you know how many of those moslems sympathize with these actions despite the fact that they wouldn't carry these actions out themselves? I'm sure the numbers would shock you. The fact that they have sympathy for these horrific actions is close to being as bad as the killers themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_at ... _terrorism

"A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified...."

"...About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified."

14% of all muslims think it's justified to carry out these cowardly attacks. That's a whole lot of potential terrorists. Over 140 million in fact.


Oh come on. Are you seriously suggesting that 140m Muslims would blow him or her self up? I call bullshit. Without a serious study, with a serious question, you cannot answer this question truthfully. It only contributes to a feeling of hatred towards all Muslims, not just nutjobs like the ones whom truly support this. You realize generalizations like these only contributes to the Muslim community drawing together - the easiest way to form a tide group is to create a common enemy - and a negative attitude towards western civilization. Within these tight groups, extremist can remain undetected by law enforcement, much longer. In that way, your thinking contributes to exclusion.
The attitude that works is the inclusion, you are welcome to contribute to our society as long as you respect its written and unwritten laws. If you break them, that will have consequences.


No I'm not. But seeing you are lost for arguments, you start interpreting in a way which suits your beliefs instead of reading what I actually wrote. Do you know the meaning of the word 'potential'? No? Well let me explain to you. It means that maybe 0 out of those 140 million would actually ever carry out such attacks, but it also means that they might given they already have sympathy for such actions. Come on man, don't continue to be so naive.
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:31 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You do know only a very few Muslims wear things like niqabs and burkas, right?


No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."


Leaving aside all insults and prejudice often shown by some specific people, may i ask you what does stop you from joining this religion or any other religion?
As for the head scarf, is it to scary for you to see a woman wearing it? Even if that woman is going to church?

As for the OP, can you make up your mind, are you a Putin admirer, a United Europe follower or a socialist MLK follower? Those 3 things will never go hand in hand, so choose one, i did, it's driving someone here crazy.


Nothing, but I would never join such backwards nonsense. It's like wearing a scar in your forehead because you believe in Harry Potter. Religion is nothing but a fairy tale book.

Leaving all prejudice aside, let me ask you why it's necessary to display religious symbols in public areas?
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:32 pm

CanadaFair wrote:
they havent moved theret to adopt the lifestyle and values, they would remain same in Africa and Asia too.


But they damn well should to show a little gratitude and respect for their new host country. They need it more than the country needs them.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
moslem symbols are obviously the most intrusive since they cover up so much of a person's identity.


You do know only a very few Muslims wear things like niqabs and burkas, right?


No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."


True, I never will be part of that anymore, I choose not to believe in a supernatural being, whether it is the God o Abraham - Jewdism, Christianity, Islam -, one of the 330 million Gods of Hinduism, one of the Greek of Roman Gods and neither in Wodam. But if women want to wear a scarf, or a man a kippah, or a Sikh a turband, whom am I to condemn it? It is their freedom to express the way they want.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
SOBHI51
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 pm

787Driver wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
787Driver wrote:

No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."


Leaving aside all insults and prejudice often shown by some specific people, may i ask you what does stop you from joining this religion or any other religion?
As for the head scarf, is it to scary for you to see a woman wearing it? Even if that woman is going to church?

As for the OP, can you make up your mind, are you a Putin admirer, a United Europe follower or a socialist MLK follower? Those 3 things will never go hand in hand, so choose one, i did, it's driving someone here crazy.


Nothing, but I would never join such backwards nonsense. It's like wearing a scar in your forehead because you believe in Harry Potter. Religion is nothing but a fairy tale book.

Leaving all prejudice aside, let me ask you why it's necessary to display religious symbols in public areas?


Why do some Jewish people were the Kippa/ Yamaka? Why do usually women wear a cross? Why do Buddhist wear there Monastic Robes? Just a symbol.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 pm

787Driver wrote:
Do you know the meaning of the word 'potential'? No? Well let me explain to you. It means that maybe 0 out of those 140 million would actually ever carry out such attacks, but it also means that they might given they already have sympathy for such actions.


So you are saying you actually said nothing and you might only want to contribute to a feeling of hatred towards Muslims because that is the effect of quoting such statistics. Or am I missing something?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You do know only a very few Muslims wear things like niqabs and burkas, right?


No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."


True, I never will be part of that anymore, I choose not to believe in a supernatural being, whether it is the God o Abraham - Jewdism, Christianity, Islam -, one of the 330 million Gods of Hinduism, one of the Greek of Roman Gods and neither in Wodam. But if women want to wear a scarf, or a man a kippah, or a Sikh a turband, whom am I to condemn it? It is their freedom to express the way they want.


Go to that wikipedia page and read what else they support. I'll give you a hint. Look at the % of young muslims in the UK who support sharia law in favor of UK law (it's over 1/3) and suddenly the head scarf is a symbol of not wanting to adopt european values. That is who you are to judge.
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:44 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
787Driver wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

Leaving aside all insults and prejudice often shown by some specific people, may i ask you what does stop you from joining this religion or any other religion?
As for the head scarf, is it to scary for you to see a woman wearing it? Even if that woman is going to church?

As for the OP, can you make up your mind, are you a Putin admirer, a United Europe follower or a socialist MLK follower? Those 3 things will never go hand in hand, so choose one, i did, it's driving someone here crazy.


Nothing, but I would never join such backwards nonsense. It's like wearing a scar in your forehead because you believe in Harry Potter. Religion is nothing but a fairy tale book.

Leaving all prejudice aside, let me ask you why it's necessary to display religious symbols in public areas?


Why do some Jewish people were the Kippa/ Yamaka? Why do usually women wear a cross? Why do Buddhist wear there Monastic Robes? Just a symbol.


Why didn't you answer my question with a proper answer and not another question? But you are right. All religious symbols in public are just contributing to dividing society in to groups. If your goal is to reduce tensions among religions, ethnicities, etc. then obviously it would be good to remove religious symbols from public first and foremost.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:44 pm

787Driver wrote:
Leaving all prejudice aside, let me ask you why it's necessary to display religious symbols in public areas?


Are you opposed to any kind o symbols? I mean I am not a biker, but do we need to ban the "bikers uniform" as well? It is also kind of a statement to dress-up like a biker. I mean where do you draw the line?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Do you know the meaning of the word 'potential'? No? Well let me explain to you. It means that maybe 0 out of those 140 million would actually ever carry out such attacks, but it also means that they might given they already have sympathy for such actions.


So you are saying you actually said nothing and you might only want to contribute to a feeling of hatred towards Muslims because that is the effect of quoting such statistics. Or am I missing something?


No I didn't. You still don't understand what potential means I see.
 
User avatar
SOBHI51
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:

No, obviously you live in a different Europe than the one I live in ;-) Or you choose to turn the blind eye.

Even a head scarf is like saying "I belong to a religion that you are not part of and never will be."


True, I never will be part of that anymore, I choose not to believe in a supernatural being, whether it is the God o Abraham - Jewdism, Christianity, Islam -, one of the 330 million Gods of Hinduism, one of the Greek of Roman Gods and neither in Wodam. But if women want to wear a scarf, or a man a kippah, or a Sikh a turband, whom am I to condemn it? It is their freedom to express the way they want.


Go to that wikipedia page and read what else they support. I'll give you a hint. Look at the % of young muslims in the UK who support sharia law in favor of UK law (it's over 1/3) and suddenly the head scarf is a symbol of not wanting to adopt european values. That is who you are to judge.


And it's up to the rest of the people to stop them, not difficult , those youth do not represent a big percentage of the UK population. I said it before anyone who insist to enforce Sharia laws outside a Muslim country should be send to a country were Sharia law already exist, simple.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Do you know the meaning of the word 'potential'? No? Well let me explain to you. It means that maybe 0 out of those 140 million would actually ever carry out such attacks, but it also means that they might given they already have sympathy for such actions.


So you are saying you actually said nothing and you might only want to contribute to a feeling of hatred towards Muslims because that is the effect of quoting such statistics. Or am I missing something?


No I didn't. You still don't understand what potential means I see.


Well, let me tell you, you are a potential terrorist! You are a potential murderer! You are a potential drunk driver. You are potentially a politician. Don't say you are, but potential you are. Nothing wrong with mentioning that, don't you think?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:49 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
And it's up to the rest of the people to stop them, not difficult , those youth do not represent a big percentage of the UK population. I said it before anyone who insist to enforce Sharia laws outside a Muslim country should be send to a country were Sharia law already exist, simple.


Yes, but I disagree with what you are saying. Apparently it is very difficult. More and more moslems in the west favor sharia law. That's why we shouldn't have more moslems in europe. Demography is destiny.
Last edited by 787Driver on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
SOBHI51
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm

787Driver wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Nothing, but I would never join such backwards nonsense. It's like wearing a scar in your forehead because you believe in Harry Potter. Religion is nothing but a fairy tale book.

Leaving all prejudice aside, let me ask you why it's necessary to display religious symbols in public areas?


Why do some Jewish people were the Kippa/ Yamaka? Why do usually women wear a cross? Why do Buddhist wear there Monastic Robes? Just a symbol.


Why didn't you answer my question with a proper answer and not another question? But you are right. All religious symbols in public are just contributing to dividing society in to groups. If your goal is to reduce tensions among religions, ethnicities, etc. then obviously it would be good to remove religious symbols from public first and foremost.

Even if what you ask is feasible, why don't they start with let's say the Seikh turbans, just an example, nothing against the turbans.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

So you are saying you actually said nothing and you might only want to contribute to a feeling of hatred towards Muslims because that is the effect of quoting such statistics. Or am I missing something?


No I didn't. You still don't understand what potential means I see.


Well, let me tell you, you are a potential terrorist! You are a potential murderer! You are a potential drunk driver. You are potentially a politician. Don't say you are, but potential you are. Nothing wrong with mentioning that, don't you think?


That's quite a lame post. My comment was based on the fact that they already showed support for these barbaric actions. You really have very strong difficulties understanding simple wordings.
Last edited by 787Driver on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Leaving all prejudice aside, let me ask you why it's necessary to display religious symbols in public areas?


Are you opposed to any kind o symbols? I mean I am not a biker, but do we need to ban the "bikers uniform" as well? It is also kind of a statement to dress-up like a biker. I mean where do you draw the line?


Why do you never read what I write? Are you an idiot? I'm sorry but I have to ask.

I said all RELIGIOUS symbols. Come on.


You say you aren't religious, so why are religious symbols so special to you, in order to band them? For me, as an Athiest, I don't give any special meaning towards religious symbols, as I don't do to the Ajax Football Club symbol, but for some this symbol is the most sacred of them all, or the most hatred depending which football club you fancy.

And be quite honest, is it the Muslim symbols or all religious symbols?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
787Driver wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

Why do some Jewish people were the Kippa/ Yamaka? Why do usually women wear a cross? Why do Buddhist wear there Monastic Robes? Just a symbol.


Why didn't you answer my question with a proper answer and not another question? But you are right. All religious symbols in public are just contributing to dividing society in to groups. If your goal is to reduce tensions among religions, ethnicities, etc. then obviously it would be good to remove religious symbols from public first and foremost.

Even if what you ask is feasible, why don't they start with let's say the Seikh turbans, just an example, nothing against the turbans.


Why do we need to start with any specific religion in the first place? Why not ban all religious symbols from public spaces altogether?
 
User avatar
SOBHI51
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:55 pm

787Driver wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
And it's up to the rest of the people to stop them, not difficult , those youth do not represent a big percentage of the UK population. I said it before anyone who insist to enforce Sharia laws outside a Muslim country should be send to a country were Sharia law already exist, simple.


Yes, but I disagree with what you are saying. Apparently it is very difficult. More and more moslems in the west favor sharia law. That's why we shouldn't have more moslems in europe. Demography is destiny.


They only represent 6 to 10% of the European population, let's say 1/3 want Sharia law, that's 2 to 3? of the population, now what chances is there for them to force sharia laws?
BTW Muslims is with a U not an O
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:

You say you aren't religious, so why are religious symbols so special to you, in order to band them? For me, as an Athiest, I don't give any special meaning towards religious symbols, as I don't do to the Ajax Football Club symbol, but for some this symbol is the most sacred of them all, or the most hatred depending which football club you fancy.

And be quite honest, is it the Muslim symbols or all religious symbols?


OMG here we go again. Just read through the previous posts again. I'm not going to repeat everything I already wrote because you have difficulties comprehending or you are just too lazy.
 
User avatar
CanadaFair
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 pm

787Driver wrote:
CanadaFair wrote:
they havent moved theret to adopt the lifestyle and values, they would remain same in Africa and Asia too.


But they damn well should to show a litttle gratitude and respect for their new host country. They need it more than the country needs them.

how? apart from atire?
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:57 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
787Driver wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
And it's up to the rest of the people to stop them, not difficult , those youth do not represent a big percentage of the UK population. I said it before anyone who insist to enforce Sharia laws outside a Muslim country should be send to a country were Sharia law already exist, simple.


Yes, but I disagree with what you are saying. Apparently it is very difficult. More and more moslems in the west favor sharia law. That's why we shouldn't have more moslems in europe. Demography is destiny.


They only represent 6 to 10% of the European population, let's say 1/3 want Sharia law, that's 2 to 3? of the population, now what chances is there for them to force sharia laws?
BTW Muslims is with a U not an O


1/3 is still scary given a population of tens of millions of muslims/moslems in europe.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9627
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Terrorist attack in Finland

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Amazin how quickly this went off topic. I would prefer more about the background. Where the attacks co-ordinated with Barcelona, was it a group of attackers, etc.

Because most reports I saw talked about one attacker

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, art, FGITD, stl07, tommy1808 and 47 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos