Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
luckyone
Topic Author
Posts: 4155
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:18 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/politics/ ... index.html

Several media outlets are reporting that Bannon is out of the Trump administration. A couple thoughts:

1. If nothing else running the office is much different than running FOR the office, as Bannon was a key member of the Trump campaign.
2. I've said this in discussions with friends, and possibly on this forum as well-- sooner or later President Trump is going to run out of enemies.
3. He hasn't the foggiest clue what he is doing.
 
User avatar
bombayduck
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:27 pm

And another one bites the dust. Is Trump becoming his own worst enemy?.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11576
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Kind of the other big news is that again it is being shown that the Trump White House has no control over its information. This news appears to be out before the actual action has occurred. So in effect this is the action occurring but likely in an uncontrolled fashion and that is how much of Trump's communication seems to occur.

That is not good for a President. Or for the Office of the President. Information control is critical for the office and "Leakers!!!" OK sure, that can be considered to be wrong etc. but EVERY administration has that and it is up to the administration to implement controls because everyone loves to gossip and share bits of information or just talk. The fact is it is up to the administration to control it.

Tugg
 
luckyone
Topic Author
Posts: 4155
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Tugger wrote:
Kind of the other big news is that again it is being shown that the Trump White House has no control over its information. This news appears to be out before the actual action has occurred. So in effect this is the action occurring but likely in an uncontrolled fashion and that is how much of Trump's communication seems to occur.

That is not good for a President. Or for the Office of the President. Information control is critical for the office and "Leakers!!!" OK sure, that can be considered to be wrong etc. but EVERY administration has that and it is up to the administration to implement controls because everyone loves to gossip and share bits of information or just talk. The fact is it is up to the administration to control it.

Tugg

That's what happens when you staff an administration by cobbling together a bunch of rogues with their own agenda.
 
rlwynn
Posts: 1534
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:35 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Winning again I see.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22286
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

So he just ticked off the alt-right?

His main base? Heeeheee!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11576
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:56 pm

rlwynn wrote:
Winning again I see.

This is becoming a new favorite of mine:
Image

Tugg
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15919
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Bannon's interview with a writer for a 'liberal' magazine and some of his comments in it may be seen as counter to what Trump and others around him want. He wanted to start a trade war with China. As to North Korea, he basically said is isn't worth worrying about so maybe insubordination as to Trump. I suspect some others in Trump's inner circle wanted Bannon out or they would resign. It also gets Trump's sick comments off the media for a while removing a racist. I also wonder if Bannon has been caught up in the Muller investigations or has his own money crimes he will be facing soon. I am glad this jerk is out of the WH, he should have never been near it in the first place.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8735
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 pm

I wonder if Bannon should have stayed on. This reminds me a bit of video games and cartoons where a mad person (Bannon) creates an evil being (Trump) until it turns on its creator and disposes of him. What usually happens next is that the full force of the creature is unpredictable and wild where we don't know what could happen. For all we know Bannon could have been the restraint and Trump is capable of much, much worse.






Who has the popcorn?
 
User avatar
maortega15
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Well-oiled machine eh?! :roll:
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12831
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm

So now the Trump administration is without its chief strategist. ;-)
 
luckyone
Topic Author
Posts: 4155
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:25 pm

rlwynn wrote:
Winning again I see.

As that was not a tweet, I'm starting to wonder if he actually said "whenning," as in WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO GET YOU ACT TOGETHER. There's been so much of that I'm sick of it...
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 27358
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:27 pm

luckyone wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Kind of the other big news is that again it is being shown that the Trump White House has no control over its information. This news appears to be out before the actual action has occurred. So in effect this is the action occurring but likely in an uncontrolled fashion and that is how much of Trump's communication seems to occur.

That is not good for a President. Or for the Office of the President. Information control is critical for the office and "Leakers!!!" OK sure, that can be considered to be wrong etc. but EVERY administration has that and it is up to the administration to implement controls because everyone loves to gossip and share bits of information or just talk. The fact is it is up to the administration to control it.

Tugg

That's what happens when you staff an administration by cobbling together a bunch of rogues with their own agenda.

Yes, all of this is totally predictable.

This is what happens when you elect an "administration" whose main slogan is "drain the swamp" and whose main credentials are appearances on "The Apprentice".

Bannon, You're Fired!!!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8735
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 pm

I like how there are now two different stories:

Trump says he fired Bannon, but Bannon says he had already resigned (in other words, he wasn't fired, he just quit).

If Breitbart goes with Bannon's version, will that make Breitbart "fake news"?

Image
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Maybe Jared told he is not coming back from Vermont with Bannon still in WH. Trump should outsource entire WH ops and be a one person government.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I wonder if Bannon should have stayed on. This reminds me a bit of video games and cartoons where a mad person (Bannon) creates an evil being (Trump) until it turns on its creator and disposes of him. What usually happens next is that the full force of the creature is unpredictable and wild where we don't know what could happen. For all we know Bannon could have been the restraint and Trump is capable of much, much worse.


That technique worked for Cheney on Bush, but not in this case. Trump cares about his own image/ratings/publicity. No one is off-limits.
 
User avatar
CanadaFair
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Bannon's interview with a writer for a 'liberal' magazine and some of his comments in it may be seen as counter to what Trump and others around him want. He wanted to start a trade war with China. As to North Korea, he basically said is isn't worth worrying about so maybe insubordination as to Trump. I suspect some others in Trump's inner circle wanted Bannon out or they would resign. It also gets Trump's sick comments off the media for a while removing a racist. I also wonder if Bannon has been caught up in the Muller investigations or has his own money crimes he will be facing soon. I am glad this jerk is out of the WH, he should have never been near it in the first place.

Regarding Korea he called Trump and Kim two stubborn fools.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4337
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Buh-bye Steve, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
Kelly is cleaning house - Wash Post quoted a "senior White House official" as saying it was one man's decision, Kelly's. I gotta like the guy, takes down the Mooch almost immediately then shows that troglodyte Bannon the door shortly after. Miller's got to be next (one can hope). Now if only he could fire The Donald............ :scratchchin:
 
User avatar
bombayduck
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 pm

What`s the betting if Kelly could fire Trump, The Donald would turn round and claim that it is fake news
 
User avatar
maortega15
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 pm

ER757 wrote:
Buh-bye Steve, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
Kelly is cleaning house - Wash Post quoted a "senior White House official" as saying it was one man's decision, Kelly's. I gotta like the guy, takes down the Mooch almost immediately then shows that troglodyte Bannon the door shortly after. Miller's got to be next (one can hope). Now if only he could fire The Donald............ :scratchchin:

What about Kellyanne Conway?
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22286
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:21 pm

maortega15 wrote:
What about Kellyanne Conway?


She's mostly harmless. She's not a major policy maker. She's mostly been nerfed. At this point, I'm not sure why she's still there.

Mr. Trump will find it increasingly difficult to hire new people to his administration. If you're not related to him, it's the kiss of death. Even Mr. Bannon was not safe.
 
User avatar
maortega15
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 pm

DocLightning wrote:
maortega15 wrote:
What about Kellyanne Conway?


She's mostly harmless. She's not a major policy maker. She's mostly been nerfed. At this point, I'm not sure why she's still there.

Mr. Trump will find it increasingly difficult to hire new people to his administration. If you're not related to him, it's the kiss of death. Even Mr. Bannon was not safe.

What about John Kelly? :scratchchin:
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12831
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:38 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I like how there are now two different stories:

Trump says he fired Bannon, but Bannon says he had already resigned (in other words, he wasn't fired, he just quit).

If Breitbart goes with Bannon's version, will that make Breitbart "fake news"?


Don't make me choose between mam and dad :lol:
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3416
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:43 pm

DocLightning wrote:
maortega15 wrote:
What about Kellyanne Conway?


She's mostly harmless. She's not a major policy maker. She's mostly been nerfed. At this point, I'm not sure why she's still there.

Mr. Trump will find it increasingly difficult to hire new people to his administration. If you're not related to him, it's the kiss of death. Even Mr. Bannon was not safe.

Mr. Trump's inability to deal with advisory panels and retain the support of dozens of top leaders of industry is another example of his sinking ship.

His loss of support by Republicans in Congress almost guarantees that he is not going to get any major legislation passed of which he is a major author.

And, since he does not know how to properly use a bully pulpit, he is more and more becoming irrelevant.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4337
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm

maortega15 wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
maortega15 wrote:
What about Kellyanne Conway?


She's mostly harmless. She's not a major policy maker. She's mostly been nerfed. At this point, I'm not sure why she's still there.

Mr. Trump will find it increasingly difficult to hire new people to his administration. If you're not related to him, it's the kiss of death. Even Mr. Bannon was not safe.

What about John Kelly? :scratchchin:

Well, if Trump were to fire him, I'd say that's the end of his run - his sanity is hanging by the thinnest thread, and that thread is Kelly. Pretty sure Trump would become completely unhinged if no one was there to even slightly rein him in. I honestly think even the GOP faithful would deem him unfit for office and convene a special session of congress (or whatever the proper venue is) to have him removed.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm

I think Stephen Miller may be next.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14948
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Can someone explain the rationale behind this ? I know rational and Trump don't go well together, but still, if you have an explanation...
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14374
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Aesma wrote:
Can someone explain the rationale behind this ? I know rational and Trump don't go well together, but still, if you have an explanation...



Trump and Kushner are collapsing their Circle of Trust. Bannon is seen as the enemy according to the media,so he is out like a sacrificial lamb.

His ties to Breitbart and other alr-right organizations is seen as a liability.


The sad part of it all, is that it won't change Trump's Presidency at all.
 
kaitak
Posts: 10126
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
I think Stephen Miller may be next.


Next as chief strategist or next out the door? (It may not necessarily be one or the other!)

It's just a nightmare now and I am just wondering what part Pence is playing in this ... other than waiting? It seems to me that Pence knew all along - right from the moment he got the VP position, that Trump was not up to the job and basically took the line that "let this idiot chase his tail and make an arse of himself for a year or two and we'll get rid of him"; he probably didn't realise that it would happen as quickly as this.

I agree that if Kelly goes - being the only person in the White House staff who has any credibility - then it's probably the end of the line.

The problem is, of course, that Trump is probably now like a cornered, injured beast - more dangerous than ever, and probably not trusting anyone, and likely to last out (by tongue or tweet) at the least provocation. And that makes him all the more difficult to control or manage, and therefore, it makes the White House itself equally hard to manage. Does anyone actually know what the priorities are for the administration now?
 
User avatar
maortega15
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 pm

kaitak wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
I think Stephen Miller may be next.
Does anyone actually know what the priorities are for the administration now?

I can tell you that it sure ain't the American people! :lol:
 
BCal Dc10
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:47 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I just got sent this link by a friend - it makes an interesting summary of what has happened over the last 4 weeks, if you haven't seen it already.
It's CNN, so take what you will from it, but thought it was worth sharing for those who haven't seen it....
To quote his email - "I'm embarrassed to be an American right now"

https://youtu.be/h1iebotHjjE
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3416
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 pm

BCal Dc10 wrote:
I just got sent this link by a friend - it makes an interesting summary of what has happened over the last 4 weeks, if you haven't seen it already.
It's CNN, so take what you will from it, but thought it was worth sharing for those who haven't seen it....
To quote his email - "I'm embarrassed to be an American right now"

https://youtu.be/h1iebotHjjE

:-) Loved the fact that Brooke Baldwin was forced to take a coffee break while reading off that long list of Trumpian stupidities. Good thing the list covered only the last four weeks.
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Something about this seems a little odd. We're told that the President was infuriated by Bannon's interview with some liberal news outlet the other day. It is said that Bannon thought he was off the record, and was disparaging about Trump and the administration's position on Korea. That is almost exactly what got Scaramucci fired. Wouldn't Bannon have been far more careful after that?

Bannon said this evening that he is ready to "go to war" on behalf of Trump. Is this part of a wider strategy that we're missing somehow? Depending on how this plays out over the next few days, it could be incredibly damaging among the core base of support for the administration, which has thus far held pretty steady, even as wider approval ratings have dipped.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 pm

kaitak wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
I think Stephen Miller may be next.


Next as chief strategist or next out the door? (It may not necessarily be one or the other!)


Out the door. Trump is a Democrat at heart, he basically destroyed Republican party from inside.

Now it is up to the Democrats. Either they can work with him to push liberal agenda, or impeach and make next Democratic President an impeachment target by Republicans.

If Pence and Conservatives try anything funny, they will lose 30% of Republican voter base. Similar to Barnie supporters not supporting HRC scenario.
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:24 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Out the door.


Miller is close to Sessions, would it really be wise to remove him from his post?
Side note: I'm mighty glad Sessions is still Attorney General - strong, principled conservative leadership is needed.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:34 am

maortega15 wrote:
Well-oiled machine eh?! :roll:

Blender with the lid off...
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 am

KLDC10 wrote:
Side note: I'm mighty glad Sessions is still Attorney General - strong, principled, racist, conservative leadership is needed.


Fixed it for ya. ;)
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 6006
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Bannon, Out

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:18 am

Who will get fired next week? Kelly? Miller? McMaster? Sessions?...

Find out in the next episode of 'The Apprentice |\batshit-crazy edition/|'.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Bannon, Out

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:23 am

Francoflier wrote:
Who will get fired next week? Kelly? Miller? McMaster? Sessions?...

Find out in the next episode of 'The Apprentice |\batshit-crazy edition/|'.


Whoever crosses the Ego Maniac. :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airtechy, ArchGuy1, Jetsgo, N1120A and 16 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos