Tugger
Topic Author

Harvey - Anyone here affected? (Hurricane Harvey)

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Hurricane Harvey is hitting Texas tonight (well all day really). Just reaching out and wondering who might be affected. It's going to be a mess-maker for sure.

The after results, storm damage and flooding will be that much worse if it does as projected and essentially "sits" on the lowland, near-coast part of Texas between Corpus and Houston.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.sh ... e#contents

My best wishes to anyone who is impacted.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

DIRECTFLT

Re: Harvey - Anyone here affected? (Hurricane Harvey)

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Harvey is now officially a CAT 3 Storm.

20,000 cruise ship passengers stranded in Gulf

Four Galveston-bound cruise ships with a combined 20,000 passengers on board are forced to remain in the Gulf of Mexico as they await Harvey's passage, according to port officials.

The ships likely won't be able to make their next attempt to enter the port, which is completely closed to ship traffic, until Tuesday, according to Roger R. Quiroga with the port authority.

Three of the ships involved are Carnival cruise ships, the fourth is a Royal Caribbean.

Carnival spokesperson Christine de la Huerta said the Carnival Freedom and Valor will stop in New Orleans on Saturday to replenish food and supplies, at which point passengers can choose to disembark and travel back to Galveston on their own or re-board for the journey by sea back to Texas.

Carnival Breeze is currently docked in Cozumel and will remain there overnight, added de la Huerta. It will depart for Galveston on Saturday.

Quiroga expressed concern during a Friday news conference about the "thousands of cars" parked in the port, as torrential rain is expected to bring flash flooding to the region.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

casinterest

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 pm

I really hope it doesn't sit around like they are predicting.
Good luck to all those in it's path.
Where ever you go, there you are.

DIRECTFLT

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:43 am

Harvey is now a CAT 4 Storm

Bay City Nuclear Power Plant in direct eye of the Hurricane

https://youtu.be/eU6R9gC_u_A
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Super80Fan

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:54 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Harvey is now officially a CAT 3 Storm.

20,000 cruise ship passengers stranded in Gulf

Four Galveston-bound cruise ships with a combined 20,000 passengers on board are forced to remain in the Gulf of Mexico as they await Harvey's passage, according to port officials.

The ships likely won't be able to make their next attempt to enter the port, which is completely closed to ship traffic, until Tuesday, according to Roger R. Quiroga with the port authority.

Three of the ships involved are Carnival cruise ships, the fourth is a Royal Caribbean.

Carnival spokesperson Christine de la Huerta said the Carnival Freedom and Valor will stop in New Orleans on Saturday to replenish food and supplies, at which point passengers can choose to disembark and travel back to Galveston on their own or re-board for the journey by sea back to Texas.

Carnival Breeze is currently docked in Cozumel and will remain there overnight, added de la Huerta. It will depart for Galveston on Saturday.

Quiroga expressed concern during a Friday news conference about the "thousands of cars" parked in the port, as torrential rain is expected to bring flash flooding to the region.

Those passengers are probably safer dealing with a hurricane than on a Carnival ship.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

casinterest

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 am

This guy is live streaming from the eye, at 145 mph
insane
Car wash is collapsing around him

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVRbYXWWKB

TWA772LR

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:26 am

It's a Cat 4 now. I'm in northeast Houston, and its been grey and crappy all day with rain in the morning and early afternoon. My thoughts go out to Corpus Christi and the Matagorda Bay area as they are going to be the hardest hit areas.

Us Texans are very resilient and we will get through this as just another storm. My Facebook feed is evidence of that. Not to mention the Steve Harvey jokes!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

dragon-wings

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:37 am

With this hurricane named Harvey the thing that comes to my mind is his moment from the Honeymooners (the way Gleason says Harvey).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL9ic-AWOSc
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

mailmover

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:40 am

casinterest wrote:
insane

Incredible! I hope Jeff makes it out alive.

stratosphere

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:51 am

dragon-wings wrote:
With this hurricane named Harvey the thing that comes to my mind is his moment from the Honeymooners (the way Gleason says Harvey).

Loved that show!!!

casinterest

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:51 am

mailmover wrote:
casinterest wrote:
insane

Incredible! I hope Jeff makes it out alive.

He was complaining about battery life a few minutes before the feed ended. I hope that is all that happened.

I waited for 40 minutes to see the eye. It never seemed to get there. This storm has slowed it's inland progress, or made a bad wobble.

This is going to be a storm for ages. Jeff was reading out 937-938 readings on pressure.

///edit.

He's back
936 mb

https://www.pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1BdxYWPqQvAGX?
Last edited by casinterest on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

flyingclrs727

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:00 am

I went to Tennessee for the eclipse. I'm cutting short my vacation to return to Texas. I'll be spending tomorrow night with relatives in the DFW area before returning to Corpus Christi Monday at the earliest.

CH47A

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:11 am

I don't mean to be disrespectful to that individual in the other links, but KRIS seems to me to be reliable, if you are in need of information.

By the way, there are highs in the area that are going to cause this storm to be way slower than normal, meaning it won't race through the Rockport area and clear out rapidly, and damage is going to be significant. This one is going to be nasty.

http://www.kristv.com/clip/13645293/hur ... 030-pm-825

CH47A

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:45 am

Facebook has activated their safety check for Hurricane Harvey:

Hurrican Harvey Safety Check

DIRECTFLT

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:07 am

dragon-wings wrote:

When I think of "Harvey," the first thing that comes to mind is this Harvey (the way Jimmy Stewart says it):

ltbewr

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:11 am

This is going to jack up oil and related fuel prices nationwide as refineries in Texas will be shut down for days, maybe weeks. Many ships will not be able to access ports in Texas for days. Many on cruise ships returning to Galveston may find their vehicles they used to get there ruined so no way to go back home. The flooding in the region may be a '1000 year flood' event will last for weeks with recovery taking months and Billions in insurance and taxpayer monies required. Many will lose their jobs, property, home and businesses. Many roads will need rebuilding and repair. This is going to be a historically bad storm. Let us hope the death toll is minimal.

CH47A

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 pm

I think I should apologize as it seems I screwed up with that link to KRIS. They seem to be on a sort of newscaster style 9 to 5. Maybe a newscaster style is 7 to 12 or something. Or maybe they lost power. Not sure. If they lost power, then I will apologize to them. I guess people like me who have to apologize a lot are people who screw up a lot, like I do.

How about these people at the link below who are very dedicated to tracking hurricanes:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MI ... 0855.shtml?

And #3 at 400 AM CDT Sat Aug 26 2017:

3. Catastrophic and life-threatening flooding is expected across the middle and upper Texas coast from heavy rainfall of 15 to 30 inches, with isolated amounts as high as 40 inches, through Wednesday. Please refer to products from your local National Weather Service office and the NOAA Weather Prediction Center for more information on the flooding hazard.

EDIT: I just remembered something I wanted to offer to you, ltbewr, about cruise ships. I believe there are three that had to go back out into the gulf to ride out the storm.

DfwRevolution

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Best news: I haven't heard of any fatalities yet. I pray that holds.

Good news: Forecast seems to have improved since Thursday when it looked like we should be building arcs.

Bad news: We won't see the worst flooding until Tuesday or Wednesday.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

Aesma

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:55 pm

There will be fatalities for sure, unfortunately. Some people will have done everything right and be unlucky, many will take risks and get away with it, but some won't.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Brick

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Multiple media reports say the mayor of Rockport is confirming at least death in his city. Pictures from Rockport in various media websites show it took the full brunt of the hurricane when it made landfall. Many older and unreinforced structures all over town have significant and in some cases severe damage.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

DIRECTFLT

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:25 pm

CH47A wrote:
I think I should apologize as it seems I screwed up with that link to KRIS. They seem to be on a sort of newscaster style 9 to 5. Maybe a newscaster style is 7 to 12 or something. Or maybe they lost power. Not sure.

You can watch coverage of Corpus Christi by way of KRIS TV streaming online, or on their Roku channel.

http://www.kristv.com/category/292861/live-stream

KRIS has been broadcasting continuously.

Houston's ABC CH. 13 has been streaming online, but not continuously...

http://abc13.com/live/

CH47A

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Thank you for the live-stream link, DIRECTFLT.

And I best apologize to the KRIS folks for bad-mouthing their network. Sorry. Please forgive a stupid old man.

Interesting bit I just picked up from watching some of that feed; the watershed at Corpus Christi will benefit from Hurricane Harvey.

But they better get power back to their water pumping system as they were stating that they only had three days worth in the pipes, or something like that.

That boiling water alert in some area around there where Harvey is visiting was apparently only because certain required readings couldn't be taken and the water never was in danger. Again, I don't remember where I saw that alert for some hours ago, and I missed that location just now from the folks at the yakking desk. (Okay, I guess using that vocabulary "yakking" is not polite, is it?)

salttee

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:57 am

Huffington ran a story that everyone else is panning - I don't know if Breitbart/FOX/Savage is selling it or not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hur ... 1444c25eeb

Some scandalous Texan has staged a photo shoot of a dog carrying a bag of dog food, and is trying to pass it off as if this dog was aware of the flood and it's potential impact on food distribution: therefore, it had somehow obtained a bag of dog food and was carrying it home to stockpile against the possibility that his owners might experience a dog food shortage.

This scandalous huckster then waved his red state mentality at the World by expouting: "“Must be a Texas dog cause he can survive without help,”.

They will soon try to shrug it off as a "Texas Tale" and how I shan't attempt to criticize the wondrous beauty of their culture.

HA!

This is how they bullshit themselves.

BobPatterson

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:03 am

salttee wrote:
Huffington ran a story that everyone else is panning - I don't know if Breitbart/FOX/Savage is selling it or not.

Some scandalous Texan has staged a photo shoot of a dog carrying a bag of dog food, and is trying to pass it off as if this dog was aware of the flood and it's potential impact on food distribution: therefore, it had somehow obtained a bag of dog food and was carrying it home to stockpile against the possibility that his owners might experience a dog food shortage.

This scandalous huckster then waved his red state mentality at the World by expouting: "“Must be a Texas dog cause he can survive without help,”.

They will soon try to shrug it off as a "Texas Tale" and how I shan't attempt to criticize the wondrous beauty of their culture.

HA!

What is your evidence that the photo was staged, and how did you come by it (the evidence)?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

salttee

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 am

BobPatterson wrote:
salttee wrote:

HA!

What is your evidence that the photo was staged, and how did you come by it (the evidence)?

You're saying that it wasn't staged?

Really?

BobPatterson

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:15 am

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
salttee wrote:

HA!

Really?

No. I have no opinion about it. I am asking you for the evidence you have to support your statement.

Since you chose not to provide it, I presume you have no evidence.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

salttee

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:30 am

Yes and?

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:50 am

Flash Flood Emergency in Houston

KHOU and KTRK are streaming online.

Airstud

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 am

salttee wrote:
Some scandalous Texan has staged a photo shoot of a dog carrying a bag of dog food, and is trying to pass it off as if this dog was aware of the flood and it's potential impact on food distribution:

How exactly is the "scandalous" Texan trying to pass it off as such?

A dog carrying a bag of at-some-point-unguarded dog food is a dog who is aware of what dog food smells like.
Pancakes are delicious.

salttee

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 am

Airstud wrote:
How exactly is the "scandalous" Texan trying to pass it off as such?

Have you read the story at Huffington Post?

CH47A

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 am

I'm not so sure I am believing this discussion about some canine type creature and it having some sort of bag of anything in its mouth. I mean, is this really upgrading the image of this Community?

Anyway, I had some time to watch some more of that live feed that DIRECTFLT was kind enough to provide the link for and after hearing that the Corpus Christi mayor saying some hours ago that the water was okay I now hear how the pumps at some plants are working and the boil alert is going to be lifted and I just don't understand what manner of communications you folks are used to over there in the U. S. of A. Sounds like a confused message to the public during an emergency situation. I know I heard that newscaster say something about the mayor said the water was fine and all the problem was that some sample couldn't be taken and the mayor drank some water from the tap to prove it. Now, this many hours later, the situation is coming across from those same three news folks as quite different. Very strange. Maybe they are just tired!

Then I watch interviews with folks that are making statements like 60 hours is not enough time to prepare for this sort of thing (some doctor said that) and I dig into my old brain and remember that Hurricane Katrina business and wonder what in the world is wrong with folks!? And there have been other hurricanes in that part of the world, right? They are not that rare, are they?

I reckon them folks in that part of the world are so lucky they don't have to deal with earthquakes.

I got this little Star Trek thingy next to me that might be able to give me 15 seconds of a warning before a bad earthquake and that is it. I better know what to do or it is bye-bye one dumb old human.

And them folks in that part of Texas need more than 60 hours!?

Hold it - - - about that dog. I just remembered that when I was a kid growing up on the mainland we used to have this dog on our black-and-white that would do things like haul food around in an emergency. Rin something, right? Seems like there was a Lassie dog that did cool things, too. Now that you folks got me thinking about those days and four-legged creatures I remember that Mr. Ed creature. Some of the discussion here reminds me of that show.

CH47A

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:05 am

ABC News is reporting a second fatality. I also saw on that news broadcast a banner down at the bottom of the screen that 50 counties are included in some sort of disaster alert. That is an awful lot of counties. I seem to remember that a county in Texas can be quite large.

Anybody know if there is any trouble up in Oklahoma? Fort Sill, for example?

50 counties! Gosh!!

zkojq

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:09 am

salttee wrote:

I thought Texans were big on property rights? :lol:
First to fly the 787-9

Airstud

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:50 am

CH47A wrote:
ABC News is reporting a second fatality. I also saw on that news broadcast a banner down at the bottom of the screen that 50 counties are included in some sort of disaster alert. That is an awful lot of counties. I seem to remember that a county in Texas can be quite large.

50 counties! Gosh!!

Counties in Texas are quite small actually; the state has scads and scads of them.
Pancakes are delicious.

Aesma

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:35 am

So, in places that can be affected by hurricanes, and same for places that can be affected by tornadoes, does the value of houses take into account their ability to withstand such events ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

CH47A

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:53 am

Airstud wrote:

CH47A wrote:

50 counties! Gosh!!

Counties in Texas are quite small actually; the state has scads and scads of them.

Okay. Thank you.

I confess that I only spent some time there for various military duties and driving through the state down to Mexico and when stationed at Ft. Sill driving down to Texas to get proper beer.

And I ate at a steak place once where you got it for free if you ate the whole meal.

Golly, all that was so long ago.

But I don't remember having to learn anything about the size of the counties.

Anyway, I wish them Texas folks the best of luck dealing with the wrath of Mother Nature. Sometimes Mother Nature can be mighty mean. She can get away with it, too. She's a whole bunch bigger than any county, that's for sure!

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:33 pm

In the 24 hours through Sunday 6 a.m. CDT, parts of the southeast Houston metro area had received more than 20 inches of rain. One location in far southeast Harris County near Webster logged 24.28 inches of rain in 24 hours and 26.76 inches in 48 hours.

Major flooding from up to 19 inches of rain has also occurred to the east of Austin in Bastrop and Caldwell Counties with water rescues have been reported.

Harvey's Catastrophic Texas Rainfall Flooding Threat to Continue For Days; Storm Totals of 40 Inches Possible; Record Flooding Observed

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/ne ... -louisiana

PC12Fan

Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:50 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
In the 24 hours through Sunday 6 a.m. CDT, parts of the southeast Houston metro area had received more than 20 inches of rain. One location in far southeast Harris County near Webster logged 24.28 inches of rain in 24 hours and 26.76 inches in 48 hours.

Major flooding from up to 19 inches of rain has also occurred to the east of Austin in Bastrop and Caldwell Counties with water rescues have been reported.

Harvey's Catastrophic Texas Rainfall Flooding Threat to Continue For Days; Storm Totals of 40 Inches Possible; Record Flooding Observed

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/ne ... -louisiana

My God. :scared: I honestly have never heard of this possibility before.

:pray: Thoughts are with Southeast Texas - be careful out there people.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Houston Traffic CCTV - Water on Roadways

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar/

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott advised Houstonians Friday to evacuate but his advice was not heeded by local authorities

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 959607.php

"Even if an evacuation order has not been issued by your local official, if you are in areas between Corpus Christi and Houston ... you need to strongly consider evacuating," Abbott said mid-day Friday in a basement bunker at the state emergency operations center in Austin.

"If I were living in the Houston region, as I once did, I would decide to head to areas north of there," he added. "Think of your life first."

TWA772LR

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Humble (my area) and IAH just came out of a tornado warning 20 mins ago. The USCG is airlifting people out on the South side of town.

But like good Texans, we are banding together. On the news you see independent dump truck and tow truck drivers along with HFD boats transporting people out of their flooded neighborhoods. I'm watching it on the news as we speak and it is killing me that I'm not in a position to help people :(

And a lot of school districts aren't starting school until September 5th, whereas they were supposed to start tomorrow.

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

socalgeo

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm

salttee wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
salttee wrote:

HA!

Really?

Why do you have to bring your culture war and identity politics into every thread? This thread is about the event and those who are impacted - as the title says. You being triggered by a photo of a dog and/or the Texas culture, or the "red state mentality" as you say doesn't constitute being affected by the event.

Drop the douchebaggery and send a donation to the Red Cross....

stratosphere

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Hearts go out to the people of Texas. I have a friend stranded there now she had a flight out of Bush and her daughter was flying out of Hobby now they both are trying to rent a car to drive out to get back to MEM. Houston has been through a lot of storms and flooding but I think this was not something they thought wouldn't be this bad.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Houston schools and offices will stay closed, and are expected to reopen at their regularly scheduled time on Tuesday, Sept. 5. Which may still be optimistic.

The Houston NFL team couldn't land in Houston, so they are here in Dallas, and may likely stay here, and play their pre-season game with Dallas in Dallas this coming weekend, instead of in Houston, where it was originally scheduled.

KHOU CH 11, the CBS affiliate, is off the air. Their studios have become flooded and are now evacuated.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Houston Told People to Stay for Harvey, Now They Can't Get Out

http://www.thedailybeast.com/houston-to ... nt-get-out

When the governor called for evacuation week, the response was: ‘local officials know best.’ Now 911 is jammed, waters are rising, and it's about to get worse.

08.27.17 1:36 PM ET

Houston is slowly being submerged by a natural disaster some are saying could now rival Hurricane Katrina. Even after two feet of rain in 24 hours, Tropical Storm Harvey shows no sign of letting up until Wednesday at the earliest.

Two days ago Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told Houston residents that even in the absence of an official evacuation order “you need to strongly consider evacuating.”

But there was immediate pushback from Houston officials who said they knew better.

Harris County’s emergency management spokesperson, Francisco Sanchez, responded to Abbott’s suggestion on Twitter this way:

“Local officials know best. Houston has no evacuation order. In Harris County: very limited to select communities. LOCAL LEADERS KNOW BEST.”
Last edited by DIRECTFLT on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indcwby

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:06 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Houston Told People to Stay for Harvey, Now They Can't Get Out

http://www.thedailybeast.com/houston-to ... nt-get-out

When the governor called for evacuation week, the response was: ‘local officials know best.’ Now 911 is jammed, waters are rising, and it's about to get worse.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/author/alex-hannaford

08.27.17 1:36 PM ET

Houston is slowly being submerged by a natural disaster some are saying could now rival Hurricane Katrina. Even after two feet of rain in 24 hours, Tropical Storm Harvey shows no sign of letting up until Wednesday at the earliest.

Two days ago Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told Houston residents that even in the absence of an official evacuation order “you need to strongly consider evacuating.”

But there was immediate pushback from Houston officials who said they knew better.

Harris County’s emergency management spokesperson, Francisco Sanchez, responded to Abbott’s suggestion on Twitter this way:

“Local officials know best. Houston has no evacuation order. In Harris County: very limited to select communities. LOCAL LEADERS KNOW BEST.”

Mayor Turner and Judge Emmitt have never been my favorite officials. I'm closer to Hobby in Pearland. It's not good.
A319, A320, A330, A340, B717, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, CRJ7, DC10, MD88, MD11, E145, E175
"Always remember that you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands."

csavel

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Some perspective for non Houstonians. The average *yearly* rainfall in New York, measured at Central park is about 45 inches - and New York is a pretty wet city. Much of Houston will get this much rain in this storm alone!

Just think about that for a minute.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

TWA772LR

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Update from my area (Atascocita, NE Harris County)
The bayou in my neighborhood has receded a bit, but as these bands keep coming, it will continue to raise. The recession of this particular ditch shows me that the flood control system is still able to absorb the flooding in my area. I drove to see the bayou around 2 hours ago and decided the water was too high in the road to do so. Having done it just 20 mins ago, the water was showing the concrete in the road which is clear it has gone down.

The news and radio are saying that state and local agencies are asking anyone with a watercraft to assist in the rescue effort. The Cypress area in particular doesn't look good at all wit houses being in about 4.5 feet of water. KPRC is worried about the rainfall to be received in Bastrop and that surrounding area, which will flow down the Brazos and Colorado rivers. The San Jacinto River in Humble is well above flood stage. Harvey itself is projected to head back out to see again and return Tuesday, then head directly up 59/69, that is the current projection.The KPRC weatherman is Frank Billingsley, and he knows his stuff.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Houston NFL team couldn't land in Houston, so they are here in Dallas, and may likely stay here, and play their pre-season game with Dallas in Dallas this coming weekend, instead of in Houston, where it was originally scheduled.

Funny that the Texans got a touch down in Dallas! :biggrin:

LittleFokker

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:38 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Funny that the Texans got a touch down in Dallas! :biggrin:

And on a lighter, related note:

http://www.12up.com/posts/5448630-not-e ... he-cowboys
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

DIRECTFLT

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:21 am

Progressive Democratic Houston Mayors have been pushing the limits of LGBT causes for a number of years. (Houston has voted in Democratic Mayors since 1982). Could the unheard of flooding be a judgement from a Holy God??? Who knows.... Since Pat Robertson was unavailable for comment today, August 27th, I though I'd help him out. :angel:

Now, onto Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and his minion's performance surrounding Hurricane Harvey.