Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1
Topic Author

Outrage over Press Secretary's Appearance

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:50 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/la-times-col ... 13117.html

The man wrote it, the man has apologized for writing it. He described the Press Secretary as a Chunky Soccer Mom. People have expressed outrage at this slight about a woman's appearance. Gee! I wonder where we have heard words like that before? You know how women look and dress and act and what they will allow from famous men. I wonder who is expressing outrage? I am sure not Republicans or Republican women who are led by the biggest Chauvinist of all. I am sure if so, this is another gigantic case of the rights hypocrisy.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

maortega15

Re: Outrage over Press Secretary's Appearance

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:29 am

Where's the outrage when people called Michelle Obama a monkey ape, tranny, etc.?! :roll:

Too much PC and sensitivity these days.

Super80Fan

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:35 am

It's OK, I've personally called out former Press Secretary Josh Earnest's ugly "wife" many times to him on Twitter, enough to get blocked by him.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

salttee

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 am

You're sure not doing anything to dispel the idea that Trump supporters are stupid.

Super80Fan

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 am

I think salttee is a little "salty" that he voted for Trump and now his taxes are going up.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 am

maortega15 wrote:
Where's the outrage when people called Michelle Obama a monkey ape, tranny, etc.?! :roll:

Too much PC and sensitivity these days.

My point exactly, a President who excels at disparaging women, along with many others. For all this fallout over the minor description of calling a woman a pudgy soccer Mom is once again the height of hypocrisy. I and many more await the first apology from the radical right about the description of Mrs. Obama and many other insults about the Obama's. The Author of this description apologized right away, and he called her able to do her job. The difference in class shows every time.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:49 am

salttee wrote:
You're sure not doing anything to dispel the idea that Trump supporters are stupid.

I certainly try to educate them in their, and I will be kind, foolish ways. ;)

Ken777

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:13 am

I guess you can say that the comment was an insult to Soccer Moms everywhere. Maybe we should just say that Sarah is just a pudgy Mom who is still truing to get into shape from her last pregnancy.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:23 am

Ken777 wrote:
I guess you can say that the comment was an insult to Soccer Moms everywhere. Maybe we should just say that Sarah is just a pudgy Mom who is still truing to get into shape from her last pregnancy.

I most certainly agree with your most diplomatic appraisal of the situation. ;) ;)

BobPatterson

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:53 am

My gosh there seems to be a double standard here. It's OK to pick on a somewhat frumpy spokesperson who quite obviously has been doing a much better job than her predecessor. I seem to recall that he was chided for wearing a rumpled suite in the beginning, but heard nothing about his belly flab.

Seems to me she keeps her cool much better than he did.

Does the WH Press Corps treat her more professionally than they did Mr. Spicer?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

seb146

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 am

Why aren't people outraged over the lies she has to tell every day in order to keep her job? She dresses the part of a press secretary, IMO. She is not a leggy blonde with an ample bosom like the Fox people are used to seeing. So what? I am more concerned that she stands there and lies to the American people. Even if it were Channing Tatum in a Speedo, I would still wonder why the lies.

After I was given a few moments to collect myself....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

ltbewr

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 pm

While there is some truth to the comment for sure as to this woman, it is foolish to make a comment on her appearance. Comment on her professional lying, and covering of truth for Trump, those are fair game, but her appearance is irrelevant to her abilities and with the surface of the sun hot attention against any comments of appearance of a women good or bad (or even the truth) are going to get you socially hanged.

wingman

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm

I hesitate to admit this but there's something about Sarah. She works for and defends a self-confessed molester and was raised in an evangelical household. I'm confident she would be up for some very unspeakable things in bed. In my book that makes her a rare bright spot in this administration.

BobPatterson

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:29 pm

wingman wrote:
I'm confident she would be up for some very unspeakable things in bed.

Am I wrong to presume that you think that comments like this add value to the discussion, or reflect well upon yourself?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

WIederling

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:38 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
He described the Press Secretary as a Chunky Soccer Mom.

Chunky Soccer Mom" is more of a character description, isn't it?

Quite a good hit imho.

People have expressed outrage at this slight about a woman's appearance.

claques.
Murphy is an optimist

einsteinboricua

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 pm

salttee wrote:

More like the biggest hypocrites to ever walk this planet.

Michelle Obama was fair game. She was a monkey, a transvestite, among others.

Trump ran on a campaign to get rid of political correctness and supporters cheered every insult he ever hurled.

So it's very telling that they get triggered when someone does what they cheer so much.

I'm a firm believer that insults shouldn't become the norm, but frankly, until Trump leaves office, I'll tolerate it just so that his supporters finally realize they can't have their cake and eat it too, and if they can, so can we.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

WIederling

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 pm

" ...but frankly, until Trump leaves office, .."

will he continue to select "Pat & Patachon"nesque Press Shills ...
Murphy is an optimist

Super80Fan

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 pm

That's the great thing about not taking offense to anything, I can make fun of anyone and everyone along with hearing them and I can't stop laughing.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

salttee

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Super80Fan I won't envy you the day you ever gain enough insight to see yourself as others see you.

NoTime

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
salttee wrote:

Trump ran on a campaign to get rid of political correctness and supporters cheered every insult he ever hurled.

So it's very telling that they get triggered when someone does what they cheer so much.

I'm a firm believer that insults shouldn't become the norm, but frankly, until Trump leaves office, I'll tolerate it just so that his supporters finally realize they can't have their cake and eat it too, and if they can, so can we.

Couldn't that explanation also be completely turned around? The same democrats/liberals who lost their collective minds about Trump's "male chauvinism" are now laughing and cheering the same thing when it's targeted at someone they don't like?

salttee

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 am

"Lost their collective minds?? , laughing and cheering the same time"??

Where did you see any of that going on? Aside from one jaded comment from wingman, the theme of the entire thread was stated in the OP: "Gee! I wonder where we have heard words like that before?"

Nobody has been cheering.

bgm

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:05 am

I'm far more disgusted with her lies from this despicable Administration than I am of her appearance. What she looks like, or dresses like is irrelevant. It's the horse manure that belches out of her mouth that we should be attacking.

MaverickM11

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:19 am

wingman wrote:
I hesitate to admit this but there's something about Sarah. She works for and defends a self-confessed molester and was raised in an evangelical household. I'm confident she would be up for some very unspeakable things in bed. In my book that makes her a rare bright spot in this administration.

She's cross eyed from being donkey punched one too many times :rotfl:

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/la-times-columnist-faces-backlash-185213117.html

The man wrote it, the man has apologized for writing it. He described the Press Secretary as a Chunky Soccer Mom. People have expressed outrage at this slight about a woman's appearance. Gee! I wonder where we have heard words like that before? You know how women look and dress and act and what they will allow from famous men. I wonder who is expressing outrage? I am sure not Republicans or Republican women who are led by the biggest Chauvinist of all. I am sure if so, this is another gigantic case of the rights hypocrisy.

I don't know why he apologized. She's as disgusting on the inside as she is on the outside. It's just tellin' it like it iz.

NoTime wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
salttee wrote:

Couldn't that explanation also be completely turned around? The same democrats/liberals who lost their collective minds about Trump's "male chauvinism" are now laughing and cheering the same thing when it's targeted at someone they don't like?

Oh get a life. It's night and day and you know it, or you're too far gone it doesn't matter. We've normalized 'pussy grabbin' as good christian locker talk, and glossed over Trump calling his sexual assault victims as 'too ugly to assault' so no one's buying your whining.
I don't take responsibility at all

wingman

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:44 am

You feel me brah? I don’t think Sarah is saying “no” to a donkey punch or even a rusty trombone. A little jelly donut and screaming dolphin action might be pushing it but nothing line the Tony Danza to keep it real. The girl looks like she’s game..most heavy duty church girls are. Praise be unto Him.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:58 am

The point of my putting on this thread is to show the immense hypocrisy of the right. Nothing, and I mean nothing was beneath the right wing wacko's. Womanhood, Motherhood and Apple pie was fair game to them, never mind personal appearance. I endured eight years of pure hatred from the right wing wacks I am in touch with. Some on here also. The Blizzard of unending hatred was sickening. People I thought were normal endorsed it all by sending it around constantly. I sure do not want to hear any whining now because of the new Press Secretary being called chunky. She is, he said it, he realized his mistake of sounding like the right wing wacks and apologized. The scumbag we have for President is so typical of the right wing wacks. They deserve him, unfortunately we all have him. What did Hillary say about 50% of Trumps supporters? Maybe it was only 30%.

zckls04

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 am

NoTime wrote:

Evidently you hold your president to high standards. As long as "some guy on the internet" is doing it, it's fine for the leader of the free world to do the same.
Four Granavox Turbines!

Super80Fan

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:41 am

bgm wrote:
I'm far more disgusted with her lies from this despicable Administration than I am of her appearance. What she looks like, or dresses like is irrelevant. It's the horse manure that belches out of her mouth that we should be attacking.

Well that's her job, to tow the company line. She has to do it, Spicey had to do it, Josh "Ugly wife" Earnest had to do it, and Jay Clown Show Carney had to do it.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

NoTime

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:41 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Oh get a life. It's night and day and you know it, or you're too far gone it doesn't matter. We've normalized 'pussy grabbin' as good christian locker talk, and glossed over Trump calling his sexual assault victims as 'too ugly to assault' so no one's buying your whining.

Not whining at all, just pointing out the hypocrisy. You can call the Press Secretary whatever you want, just don't pretend to be outraged when other people do the same.

Super80Fan

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:42 am

WarRI1 wrote:
The point of my putting on this thread is to show the immense hypocrisy of the right. Nothing, and I mean nothing was beneath the right wing wacko's. Womanhood, Motherhood and Apple pie was fair game to them, never mind personal appearance. I endured eight years of pure hatred from the right wing wacks I am in touch with. Some on here also. The Blizzard of unending hatred was sickening. People I thought were normal endorsed it all by sending it around constantly. I sure do not want to hear any whining now because of the new Press Secretary being called chunky. She is, he said it, he realized his mistake of sounding like the right wing wacks and apologized. The scumbag we have for President is so typical of the right wing wacks. They deserve him, unfortunately we all have him. What did Hillary say about 50% of Trumps supporters? Maybe it was only 30%.

You sound triggered. Lighten up Francis.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 am

I would think that when someone does the deed, and someone else answers the deed and then the deed doer complains that makes the original deed doer the whiner. The right did the deed spewing hatred, now they complain about a word such as chunky being used. Guess what and who?

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:49 am

Super80Fan wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

You sound triggered. Lighten up Francis.

I am never triggered, just ready to set the record straight. ;) ;)

NoTime

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I would think that when someone does the deed, and someone else answers the deed and then the deed doer complains that makes the original deed doer the whiner. The right did the deed spewing hatred, now they complain about a word such as chunky being used. Guess what and who?

I would think that if someone (the left) complains about male chauvinism, then they would refrain from practicing it, themselves. But, we all know the left only cares about women that they agree with. (see how the left has treated Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, Michele Bachmann, etc, etc.)

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:06 am

NoTime wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I would think that if someone (the left) complains about male chauvinism, then they would refrain from practicing it, themselves. But, we all know the left only cares about women that they agree with. (see how the left has treated Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, Michele Bachmann, etc, etc.)

I most certainly do not agree with any of the ladies on your list politically. Rather a Rogues Gallery of Women for sure here on the left, yet if I met any of them, I would not grab them like Trump does, of course I am not famous and wealthy which gives him license, nor would I insult them or comment on their physical appearance. I have called many women chunky, usually not to their face for my survival. In fact I find chunky women attractive. ;)

seb146

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 am

NoTime wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

If you knew the mind of "the left" then you would know that "the left" does not like those women because they speak up against their own best interests and encourage other women to vote against their best interests as well.

Unlike the right who threw a fit for Michelle Obama exposing her arms....

MaverickM11

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 am

NoTime wrote:
Not whining at all, just pointing out the hypocrisy. You can call the Press Secretary whatever you want, just don't pretend to be outraged when other people do the same.

There's no hypocrisy. It's not even in the same universe as Trump's chronic lifetime of misogyny. Thanks for playing though!
NoTime wrote:

LOL you're just scraping the bottom, opening the trap door, and spelunking into a mile deep sewer pipe to find these insane people. 'Course it has nothing to do with them being women, but again, nice show of desperation!

NoTime

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 am

WarRI1 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I most certainly do not agree with any of the ladies on your list politically. Rather a Rogues Gallery of Women for sure here on the left, yet if I met any of them, I would not grab them like Trump does, of course I am not famous and wealthy which gives him license, nor would I insult them or comment on their physical appearance. I have called many women chunky, usually not to their face for my survival. In fact I find chunky women attractive. ;)

Ha! Forum politics aside, I think you and I would get along quite well in "real life."

seb146 wrote:
If you knew the mind of "the left" then you would know that "the left" does not like those women because they speak up against their own best interests and encourage other women to vote against their best interests as well.

Ah, yes, "their own best interests" as defined by you. How benevolent of you to spend your time determining what is in other peoples' "best interests."

seb146

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:58 am

NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Ah, yes, "their own best interests" as defined by you. How benevolent of you to spend your time determining what is in other peoples' "best interests."

The party they defend thinks the way women dress leads to rape. That it is acceptable for women to earn less than men. That women are on their own if they get ovarian or breast cancer.

WIederling

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am

NoTime wrote:

It is more like "chicken coming home to roost" isn't it? A karma thing.
Murphy is an optimist

seahawk

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 am

Typical left Hypocrites. The Press Secretary is a highly competent woman with a healthy moral compass. It is normal that the left only has personal attacks left in the face of such competence and integrity.

Pyrex

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Well, at least while they are calling some women bimbos (as that asswipe also did in that article) and degrading others, the "tolerant" left isn't (yet, in here) gleeful about the fact that a sitting senator was assaulted, with very severe consequences, by someone who disagreed with his political opinions, just like they almost blew a load when Scalise and the rest of the Congressional baseball team (including this very same Senator) was shot at and almost killed a few months ago.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

einsteinboricua

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Well, at least while they are calling some women bimbos (as that asswipe also did in that article) and degrading others,

Calling women bimbos if true: BAD! #SAD

Calling people you disagree with asswipe if true: TRUE PATRIOTISM!

Accepting this as your norm: being a conservative.

Pyrex wrote:
the "tolerant" left isn't (yet, in here) gleeful about the fact that a sitting senator was assaulted, with very severe consequences, by someone who disagreed with his political opinions,

Why would anyone be "gleeful" that a sitting senator was assaulted? There's a difference between "gleeful" and "patronizing": the former means I'm genuinely happy he got shot; the latter means to repeat the senator's own words (like saying that maybe he's not thinking and praying hard enough).

I find Rand Paul tolerable...probably one of the few senators I'd like to sit down and talk to, mainly because he's more libertarian than conservative.

Pyex wrote:
just like they almost blew a load when Scalise and the rest of the Congressional baseball team (including this very same Senator) was shot at and almost killed a few months ago.

Not sure who blew a load here saying that they were "gleeful" that Scalise was shot and almost killed. However, it speaks volume that the very people who for years cried that people should arm themselves against a potential rogue government suddenly found themselves on the other end of the argument. You'd think that after surviving an assassination, Scalise would (at the very least) voice support for ideas on gun reform.

That being said, I will admit: if Scalise had been killed, I probably wouldn't have shed a tear. I'll feel bad for his family, but hey...they knew what he signed up for, didn't they?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm

someone belittling a woman in power because of how they look is petty.
It's a sore reminder at how Trump acted towards women during his campaign. Something i wish i could forget. IMO the newspaper should find someone else to represent their newspaper. To report on how someone looks in this day and ago is low and very telling of a papers quality . It's high schoolish and immature.

I cringe remembering when Trump said " look at that face" mocking Carly Fiorina looks during a debate, no less. Then he went after Ted Cruz wives looks compared to his wives. He was acting like their wives were contestants in one of his pageant. It was disgusting . This is who the president is fundamentally as a person.

nobody should stoop to the level of the president. snort.

apodino

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 pm

seb146 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

The problem with this Seb is women in this country don't even agree on what's in their best interest. What some women think is in women's best interest a lot of other women thing is bad for women. If you knew what my wife believed was in the best interest of women, you would completely disagree with her. And instead of listening to each other in a loving way, both sides just want to talk past each other and no listening ever gets done.

As for the Sanders deal, I don't care what party you belong to, the comments on her appearance were wrong period. This is an era where we are supposed to be empowering young women and encouraging them to be the best they can be. When you attack any woman for their looks, it sends a subtle message to the young ladies that their looks matter, and they wont be anything unless they are what society deems attractive. This has led to so much depression and body image problems in young women, and this makes me sick to my stomach. And I would be just as outraged if someone tried to fat shame a liberal woman such as Leslie Marshall.

MaverickM11

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 pm

seahawk wrote:
Typical left Hypocrites. The Press Secretary is a highly competent woman with a healthy moral compass. It is normal that the left only has personal attacks left in the face of such competence and integrity.

LOLOLOLOL a healthy moral compass??? The one who almost single handedly turned the WH Presser into a farce of endless lies so transparent, that no one bothers to tune in anymore other than to laugh at the sh!tshow? That's the most hysterical thing I've read today. Are you maybe missing a sarcasm emoji?

Pyrex wrote:
the "tolerant" left isn't (yet, in here) gleeful about the fact that a sitting senator was assaulted, with very severe consequences, by someone who disagreed with his political opinions, just like they almost blew a load when Scalise and the rest of the Congressional baseball team (including this very same Senator) was shot at and almost killed a few months ago.

Since it's coming from you there's a near 100% chance that is false, but do you have any proof the senator was assaulted over politics?

seb146

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:55 pm

apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

The problem with this Seb is women in this country don't even agree on what's in their best interest. What some women think is in women's best interest a lot of other women thing is bad for women. If you knew what my wife believed was in the best interest of women, you would completely disagree with her. And instead of listening to each other in a loving way, both sides just want to talk past each other and no listening ever gets done.

As for the Sanders deal, I don't care what party you belong to, the comments on her appearance were wrong period. This is an era where we are supposed to be empowering young women and encouraging them to be the best they can be. When you attack any woman for their looks, it sends a subtle message to the young ladies that their looks matter, and they wont be anything unless they are what society deems attractive. This has led to so much depression and body image problems in young women, and this makes me sick to my stomach. And I would be just as outraged if someone tried to fat shame a liberal woman such as Leslie Marshall.

Forcing everyone to live by one religions standard is wrong. But, that is what the right wants. As far as judging Sanders on her looks, I have already commented on that. Not that it matters to righties. Look at the Fox mannequins....

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:04 am

seahawk wrote:

Did not the writer of the article say that she was competent at her job, and I agree. Look at the leader of your pack for personal attacks. He is a Master, and so good at his attacks. I am sorry, I cannot call him good at his job as the Liberal Writer did about the Press Secretary. Class does show. A Chunky Soccer Mom. Oh! the horror! Not quite as bad a being called an Ape is it? I have never seen a repudiation of that remark. have you?

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:08 am

Pyrex wrote:
Well, at least while they are calling some women bimbos (as that asswipe also did in that article) and degrading others, the "tolerant" left isn't (yet, in here) gleeful about the fact that a sitting senator was assaulted, with very severe consequences, by someone who disagreed with his political opinions, just like they almost blew a load when Scalise and the rest of the Congressional baseball team (including this very same Senator) was shot at and almost killed a few months ago.

I saw on the news that it may have been about neighbor problems, no one has really said what caused the assault. Politics????? Not saying so far.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:13 am

No Time.

Ha! Forum politics aside, I think you and I would get along quite well in "real life."

I do not doubt it. As Americans we are allowed and encouraged to debate and disagree and agree. We must also retain our sense of humor. ;)

Brick

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:06 am

If it weren't for double standards, liberals wouldn't have any...
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 am

Brick wrote:
If it weren't for double standards, liberals wouldn't have any...

Do we have another Troll, contributing nothing but insults??? Just what we need in this age of Trump Madness who sure contributes plenty of them himself.