Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MileHFL400
Topic Author

New Jag E-Pace?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:30 am

Hey guys,

So i just read an Autocar Review of the Jag SUV and saw that they rated it quite favorably. I however found it to be quite frumpy and generic looking, interior of low quality and overpriced. Am i the only one who doesn't like this car or am i strange?
Thanks and best Regards
AA

seb146

Re: New Jag E-Pace?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 am

It looks like a larger Rover. In the States, Jaguars are notorious for electrical issues, so many people tend away from them. I notice the driver's display is electronic, so that is not a big selling point. I think, because Jag has a stigma in the United States, we will probably not be seeing many of them.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/jagu ... es-2993596

One of the articles on the E-Pace
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MileHFL400
Topic Author

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 am

seb146 wrote:
It looks like a larger Rover. In the States, Jaguars are notorious for electrical issues, so many people tend away from them. I notice the driver's display is electronic, so that is not a big selling point. I think, because Jag has a stigma in the United States, we will probably not be seeing many of them.

Do modern Jag's still have the electrical issues that they were known for in the 80's and 90's?
Thanks and best Regards
AA

seb146

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 am

MileHFL400 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Do modern Jag's still have the electrical issues that they were known for in the 80's and 90's?

I don't know. I do know that people still have that mentality. Just like with Fiat. Many people still think it stands for "Fix It Again, Tony!" Everyone has one problem, the whole line is doomed.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jetwet1

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 am

It's attractive and Jag may well be right, the number of small SUV's I see every day just keeps increasing, heck my Tiguan used to be the only one parked in the garage at work, now there is a small fleet of them, the surprising thing to me is, I don't see any Ford Escapes or Chevy Equinox, it's all imports.

I like the looks of it, the interior looks nice to me as well, but that is such a subjective thing. The one thing that isn't going to help it, once you start ticking the option boxes, the price climbs pretty quickly.

Kiwirob

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:20 am

seb146 wrote:

So are the drivers displays of most new Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and many other new cars today, these are not the LED displays from the 80's.

The larger F-Pace is flying of the lots in the US, there's no reason to think the E-Pace won't as well.

kaitak

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am

Personally, I think it looks great; I like the idea of compact luxury cars - easier to park/manoeuvre, but all the kit and comfort inside. This would tick quite a few boxes for me.

Dutchy

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am

kaitak wrote:
Personally, I think it looks great; I like the idea of compact luxury cars - easier to park/manoeuvre, but all the kit and comfort inside. This would tick quite a few boxes for me.

Me too, those F-Pace and bigger cars are a murder in tight European city centers. But whom does need a car in there anyway, just use a bike :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Aesma

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 am

Too bad all these are now based on FWD platforms.

Also, to me luxury as in good leather seats and great build quality is nice, but first I want technology, and these luxury brands make you pay a massive premium for that technology, to the point you end up with double the sticker price, without even getting the biggest engine nor the nicest interior or exterior.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Dano1977

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am

Now if the E-Pace was available when I got my Discovery Sport, I may have been driving a different car.

Looks very nice.
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.

MileHFL400
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 am

Dano1977 wrote:
Now if the E-Pace was available when I got my Discovery Sport, I may have been driving a different car.

Looks very nice.

How is that car interms of reliability?
Thanks and best Regards
AA

Dano1977

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:04 am

MileHFL400 wrote:
Dano1977 wrote:

Looks very nice.

How is that car interms of reliability?

I've had it since March 2017, Put just under 30,000 miles on the clock, and it's been dream. No issues whatsoever.
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.