Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 am

dragon-wings wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Schumer could have thrown in a 10-mile section of wall into DACA bill and get over with this. All he needs is a section of big beautiful wall where he can have a rally of yuge crowds.


During Schumer's speech last night after the vote he said he put the wall up for negotiation during his meeting with Trump and Trump still said no.


I guess the only way out is for Schumer, McConnel, Pelosi and Ryan to stay with President until the bill is signed. Take turns to get McDonald's take out. Never leave him alone with Kelly or the other guy, forgot his name.
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:40 am

EA CO AS wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
5 republicans voted against the measure and 5 democrats voted for it. This is 100% a GOP production


Try again; 60 votes were needed. This is on the Democrats.


Can't complain about not getting 60 if you can't even get 51 when you hold the majority.
 
LTCM
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:35 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:09 am

Andre3K wrote:
LTCM wrote:
And so the schumer shutdown begins. Anyone who follows politics knows the public is going to blame the left for this one. There is NOTHING in the spending bill they disagree with, they simply are putting the interest of illegal aliens over Americans.


Allow me to quote Fox News and Trump circa 2013.

Trump spoke to “Fox & Friends” in 2013 and was asked who would be fired during a government shutdown, as shown in a clip posted by "Morning Joe."
“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”

He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

“So I really think the pressure is on the president,” he added.

"You have to get everybody in a room. The president has to lead," Trump told former Fox News Host Greta Van Susteren during the on-air interview. "You have to be nice and be angry and be wild and conjole and do all sorts of things, but you have to get a deal. And, unfortunately, [Obama] has never been a dealmaker. That wasn't his expertise before he went into politics and it's obviously not his expertise now."

Checkmate.


Should I quote Bernie Sanders from 2013, the de facto leader of the Democratic party?

Checkmate.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Republicans have been in control of Congress for six (?) years now and the other two branches of government for a year. They are fully in charge of the government and they blame Democrats who are not in charge of anything. How does that work, exactly?


Your claim is incorrect and is just propaganda recited by the MSM. For your claim to be true the GOP would need to hold 60 seats in the Senate.


Your claim is incorrect and just propaganda recited by right wing populist media. For the government to not shut down, Republicans would need to compromise and let Democrats have a bit of a say in spending. However, Republicans hold fast to this notion that no negotiation is better because principles. Did you ever stop to think that Democrats are doing the exact same thing? No. All you think of is how evil and bad Democrats are and Republicans are patriots. Which is bollux.

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
For the long game, DACA will help Democrats. However, Republicans and righties keep playing the short game with DACA and playing to their base, so we may never see any long game because them brown skinned Mexican speaking people keep taking our jorbs!


Again your claim is a bit flawed. The GOP wants to help Dreamers but wants Mexico to know once the bill is signed you just can't jump the boarder and get amnesty. The Dems can't have this since they need a steady flow of illegals to keep up their base so any strengthening of the border is not going to happen. Once again it all comes back to open borders which is what the left wants. We need legal immigration and to stop illegal immigration. Once you accept that we can have a conversation. Until then it's just calling people racist and bigots and more of the same crap. .


In other words: the exact proposal that passed with bipartisan support under Bush. But, all this talk of Whites First and trying to erase the Obama legacy is just making the Republican party look like the racist they are.

Besides, if the United States builds a 12 foot wall, illegals will just build a 13 foot ladder. And, Latinos, whether they are legal or not, do not feel safe here. Republicans just assume that, if someone is brown and speaks Spanish, they are illegal. And it is sick. If you all want to stop looking like racists and bigots maybe stop propping up stereotypes like that.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14567
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 am

seb146 wrote:

In other words: the exact proposal that passed with bipartisan support under Bush. But, all this talk of Whites First and trying to erase the Obama legacy is just making the Republican party look like the racist they are.

Besides, if the United States builds a 12 foot wall, illegals will just build a 13 foot ladder. And, Latinos, whether they are legal or not, do not feel safe here. Republicans just assume that, if someone is brown and speaks Spanish, they are illegal. And it is sick. If you all want to stop looking like racists and bigots maybe stop propping up stereotypes like that.


This is all smoke, again wanting immigrants to come here legally is a no no for Democrats, In fact your words just reinforce the fact that the far left doesn't want to even try to have a sovereign nation and will just keep calling anyone who does a racist bigot. Fearmonger and recite garbage over and over again. The Chuck Schumer way.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:12 am

Should the government shutdown count as another bankruptcy for Trump?
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:10 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Fearmonger and recite garbage over and over again. The Chuck Schumer Donald Trump way.


Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
 
NoTime
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:14 pm

LMP737 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

But, I think the Dems will lose the messaging on this one - They're shutting down the government because of illegal immigrants. If the last election was any indication, that won't go over well with a significant portion of the country.


That argument only makes sense if you ignore the fact that the GOP controls both the house and the senate along with the White House.


It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:22 pm

NoTime wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

But, I think the Dems will lose the messaging on this one - They're shutting down the government because of illegal immigrants. If the last election was any indication, that won't go over well with a significant portion of the country.


That argument only makes sense if you ignore the fact that the GOP controls both the house and the senate along with the White House.


It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.


You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em! :sarcastic:

The government could start functioning again if the GOP were open to some sort of dialogue regarding dealing with DACA. But no....

Can't wait for the mid terms. The GOP are going to get their racist little asses handed to them on a plate (mostly thanks to the daily Trump spasms).
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:14 pm

bgm wrote:
NoTime wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

That argument only makes sense if you ignore the fact that the GOP controls both the house and the senate along with the White House.


It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.


You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em! :sarcastic:

The government could start functioning again if the GOP were open to some sort of dialogue regarding dealing with DACA. But no....

Can't wait for the mid terms. The GOP are going to get their racist little asses handed to them on a plate (mostly thanks to the daily Trump spasms).


NO AUTOMATIC CHAIN MIGRATION
 
WIederling
Posts: 10041
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:32 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
NO AUTOMATIC CHAIN MIGRATION


True Future, eh?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Specter ... ting_Texas
 
UltimoTiger777
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm

You know in most normal countries, failing to get your budget passed would lead to the resignation of the government.

Why don't they just do that in the US? Seems a dumb way to run the most powerful country in the world.
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

NO AUTOMATIC CHAIN MIGRATION


You'll be pleased to know there is already no automatic chain migration.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm

UltimoTiger777 wrote:
You know in most normal countries, failing to get your budget passed would lead to the resignation of the government.

Why don't they just do that in the US? Seems a dumb way to run the most powerful country in the world.


We do. Its called elections. If people get upset enough they will vote for change. And as usual 95% of people who vote will vote exactly the same way they did in 2016...and 2012.....and 2008 and so on.

This shutdown, like all shutdowns, is political showboating on both sides.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18742
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm

bgm wrote:
NoTime wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

That argument only makes sense if you ignore the fact that the GOP controls both the house and the senate along with the White House.


It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.


You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em! :sarcastic:

It's what Jesus would do! Right after He opens a Delaware shell company to pay off some whores. :rotfl:

Mir wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

NO AUTOMATIC CHAIN MIGRATION


You'll be pleased to know there is already no automatic chain migration.

I thought it was only about illegal immigration? :roll:

bgm wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Fearmonger and recite garbage over and over again. The Chuck Schumer Donald Trump way.


Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

:checkmark: You can be an immigration hawk without being racist and/or stupid. Unfortunately the GOP is doubling down on both.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
UltimoTiger777
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:01 pm

CCGPV wrote:
UltimoTiger777 wrote:
You know in most normal countries, failing to get your budget passed would lead to the resignation of the government.

Why don't they just do that in the US? Seems a dumb way to run the most powerful country in the world.


We do. Its called elections. If people get upset enough they will vote for change. And as usual 95% of people who vote will vote exactly the same way they did in 2016...and 2012.....and 2008 and so on.

This shutdown, like all shutdowns, is political showboating on both sides.


Yes but in other places, the election would be precipitated by the lack of a budget. You wouldn't shut everything down and wait 10 months to then hold the election.
 
Andre3K
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm

LTCM wrote:
Should I quote Bernie Sanders from 2013, the de facto leader of the Democratic party?

Checkmate.


Typical right wing ignorance at it's best. Ignore what is obvious and point the finger back the other way. Is Bernie Sanders the President of the US?

If you can't admit your lord and savior is an obvious hypocrite then you are delusional, and you are choosing to be that way.
 
LTCM
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:35 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Andre3K wrote:
LTCM wrote:
Should I quote Bernie Sanders from 2013, the de facto leader of the Democratic party?

Checkmate.


Typical right wing ignorance at it's best. Ignore what is obvious and point the finger back the other way. Is Bernie Sanders the President of the US?

If you can't admit your lord and savior is an obvious hypocrite then you are delusional, and you are choosing to be that way.

Such arrogant talk is always the product of simple minds. Enjoy regurgitating the talking points given to the sheep.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:30 pm

LTCM wrote:
Enjoy regurgitating the talking points given to the sheep.

Wait.... it was you that said:
LTCM wrote:
Should I quote Bernie Sanders from 2013, the de facto leader of the Democratic party?

Checkmate.

So you are the one regurgitating, aren't you?


And I will also point out that calling people "sheep" implies you think them inferior, meaning you are superior and that is the very definition of arrogance. And based on your statement that makes your mind what exactly?

Tugg
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 pm

Any idea what changes Trump want to chain immigration and diversity programs?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18742
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Any idea what changes Trump want to chain immigration and diversity programs?

You think he has a clue what he wants?
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:14 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Any idea what changes Trump want to chain immigration and diversity programs?

You think he has a clue what he wants?


All he wants is his McDonald’s, Diet Coke, and golf time at Mar a lago. That’s why he’s lashing out at the democrats - they’re keeping him in the dump he refers to as the White House.
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
LTCM wrote:
Enjoy regurgitating the talking points given to the sheep.

Wait.... it was you that said:
LTCM wrote:
Should I quote Bernie Sanders from 2013, the de facto leader of the Democratic party?

Checkmate.

So you are the one regurgitating, aren't you?


And I will also point out that calling people "sheep" implies you think them inferior, meaning you are superior and that is the very definition of arrogance. And based on your statement that makes your mind what exactly?

Tugg


That’s quite a burn you gave LTCM. Well played, Sir. Well played. ;)
 
Andre3K
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:15 pm

LTCM wrote:
Andre3K wrote:
LTCM wrote:
Should I quote Bernie Sanders from 2013, the de facto leader of the Democratic party?

Checkmate.


Typical right wing ignorance at it's best. Ignore what is obvious and point the finger back the other way. Is Bernie Sanders the President of the US?

If you can't admit your lord and savior is an obvious hypocrite then you are delusional, and you are choosing to be that way.

Such arrogant talk is always the product of simple minds. Enjoy regurgitating the talking points given to the sheep.


You us proved my point with that pointless post. You didn't try to defend your illogical opinions with facts, you just try to berate someone you don't agree with. If you don't think it's hypocritical to say one thing about someone but in the same situation it doesn't apply to you then explain that to me.

And just in case you want to put me in a box with what some of you call "liberal snowflakes", I'm a 35 year old black man that voted for the FIRST time last election. Not in 2008 and not in 2012. I cannot be summed up with a simple word like liberal. Unlike some I don't fall hard to either side, I think Bernie Sanders Free College Idea was ridiculous but at the same time I think we should do more for some of those who weren't' born in the situations a lot of people were fortunate to be born in. I'm for immigrations but I wouldn't mind there being a wall. I would have preferred not being lied to and him saying "Mexico will pay for it". I'm for healthcare for everyone but Obamacare was a not well thought out way to go about it.

I'm not going to drone on and on but my point is, I'm not a sheep. Some people aren't right or left. I don't know if I'm a centrist but I like Ideas from both sides. What I don't like is people throwing everyone in a box from one thing they say.

And before you say it, right wing is not a box, it's a warehouse.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:25 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

In other words: the exact proposal that passed with bipartisan support under Bush. But, all this talk of Whites First and trying to erase the Obama legacy is just making the Republican party look like the racist they are.

Besides, if the United States builds a 12 foot wall, illegals will just build a 13 foot ladder. And, Latinos, whether they are legal or not, do not feel safe here. Republicans just assume that, if someone is brown and speaks Spanish, they are illegal. And it is sick. If you all want to stop looking like racists and bigots maybe stop propping up stereotypes like that.


This is all smoke, again wanting immigrants to come here legally is a no no for Democrats, In fact your words just reinforce the fact that the far left doesn't want to even try to have a sovereign nation and will just keep calling anyone who does a racist bigot. Fearmonger and recite garbage over and over again. The Chuck Schumer way.


wow.... Every single word you wrote is straight out of the Republican platform. So much hate and ignorance on your part from the right wing echo chamber.

Democrats absolutely want legal immigration. There are many ways to do that besides building a wall and making Americans pay for it while telling Americans Mexico will pay for it. What about the illegals who are here already from places like Kahzakstan and Pakistan and India? Why are you righties so fixated on Spanish speaking illegals? Do you not remember Charlottesville? All Lives Matter? Neo-Nazis supporting the right? But you deny Republicans are racist?
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14567
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:44 am

seb146 wrote:
Democrats absolutely want legal immigration. There are many ways to do that besides building a wall and making Americans pay for it while telling Americans Mexico will pay for it. What about the illegals who are here already from places like Kahzakstan and Pakistan and India? Why are you righties so fixated on Spanish speaking illegals? Do you not remember Charlottesville? All Lives Matter? Neo-Nazis supporting the right? But you deny Republicans are racist?


Oh yea I can see how Dems want legal immigration. Sanctuary cities, refusing to enforce immigration laws etc. You keep saying you are for legal immigration but you do nothing to back it up. All your actions are for refusing to back federal law enforcement of immigration laws. Harboring illegals in sanctuary cities and calling anyone who wants immigrants to go through a process and be checked at any border or point of entry racists and bigots. Nobody is singling out Mexicans, that is another piece of propaganda you will recite but has no basis in fact. Trump addressed people coming from the middle east and you called him a bigot and anti-Muslim.

Again Dems can't back or allow to have legal immigration or any sort of controlling the influx of illegals coming in because they lose votes. They want them all to come in. As many as possible.

It's lunacy.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am

seb146 wrote:
But you deny Republicans are racist?

However truth is that "Republican's" aren't racist. There are individuals that proclaim to be and vote Republican that are but that does not make the party, or even it's entire platform, racist. I absolutely think Republican's need to do more to clearly state such activities by those who claim to be Republican are unacceptable, and I think that an unclouded review needs to be done to removes things from the platform that can result in racist related outcomes.

Do you think there are Democrat's that are racist?

I really think we are doing ourselves and the country with the lumping everything into a single box or term.

Tugg
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4185
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:04 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Any idea what changes Trump want to chain immigration and diversity programs?

You think he has a clue what he wants?


I think Schumer summed it up perfectly when he sais negotiating with Donald Trump is like negotiating with Jello.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Sanctuary cities, refusing to enforce immigration laws etc.

So you support providing service to the federal government with no compensation? Just want to make sure because that means you also approve unfunded mandates which is something most states right supporters find wrong.

Tugg
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 am

I think work-based immigration has been made unnecessarily complicated in this country for everyone just so employers(special interest group) have total control. Technology, skilled or unskilled, doesn't matter.

Delink visa processing from employers, issue work permits directly to individuals, have one nationwide database of all available skilled/unskilled foreign workforce, let employers pick from the pool, when the assignment is over, back in the available pool. Have minimum hours in a year (or) stay outside the country to maintain visa status. The same pool can offer group healthcare benefits, again premiums paid by employees.

The illegal immigration never stops because employers don't want to pay legal minimum wage with benefits to unskilled labor, just import next batch of illegals.

On the shutdown issue, I am guessing when this is done, Stephen Miller and John Kelly's status will be updated to "They are here".
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14172
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 am

NoTime wrote:
bgm wrote:
NoTime wrote:

It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.


You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em!


Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense... :sarcastic:

And then we can do the same for the next wave of illegals, and then the one after that.


I would gladly make them a citizen, if we could get rid of folks like you.
 
NoTime
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 am

bgm wrote:
NoTime wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

That argument only makes sense if you ignore the fact that the GOP controls both the house and the senate along with the White House.


It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.


You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em!


Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense... :sarcastic:

And then we can do the same for the next wave of illegals, and then the one after that.
 
NoTime
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 am

casinterest wrote:
NoTime wrote:
bgm wrote:

You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em!


Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense... :sarcastic:

And then we can do the same for the next wave of illegals, and then the one after that.


I would gladly make them a citizen, if we could get rid of folks like you.


Of course you would. If there's anything a lefty can't stand, it's differing opinions.

The ironic thing is that you probably get your kicks calling others fascists.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18742
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 am

NoTime wrote:
bgm wrote:
NoTime wrote:

It also makes sense if you understand that the republicans need 60 votes to pass the spending legislation, and the democrats refused to vote for it because they want to make 800,000 illegal immigrants magically legal before they will agree to allow the government to start functioning again.


You mean children who were brought into the US by no fault of their own, have grown up in the US and know nothing else? Yup, kick 'em out, that'll teach 'em!


Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense... :sarcastic:

And then we can do the same for the next wave of illegals, and then the one after that.

Totally fine with dear leader Trump, "We’re not looking at citizenship. We’re not looking at amnesty. We’re looking at allowing people to stay here,” he said after landing in Florida. “We’re talking about taking care of people, people who were brought here, people who’ve done a good job.”

“You have 800,000 young people, brought here, no fault of their own. So we’re working on a plan"

“They are here illegally. They shouldn’t be very worried. I do have a big heart. We’re going to take care of everybody."
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5948
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:24 am

NoTime wrote:
Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense...


No, you're right. Let's just kick 800.000 fully integrated young individuals, almost all peaceful,contributing members of society, to countries they know nothing about, sometimes not even the language, and just ruin their entire lives for something their parents did...

I'm sure that makes a lot more sense to a hateful and twisted individual like you. Or would you prefer to force them to go through skin de-pigmentation treatment? Maybe that would be an acceptable compromise to you?

And what exactly is wrong with making them citizens?
They were raised in the country, speak the language, work, contribute, abide by the law in pretty much the same proportion as any fully fledged citizen.
How exactly do you think the US came to be; spontaneous generations of white dudes just popping up all over the place?
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 am

Francoflier wrote:
No, you're right. Let's just kick 800.000 fully integrated young individuals, almost all peaceful, contributing members of society, to countries they know nothing about....


Yeah, that's the ticket .... They're now all Honorary Peace Corp. Volunteers ... :cheerful:
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24088
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 am

Tugger wrote:
seb146 wrote:
But you deny Republicans are racist?

However truth is that "Republican's" aren't racist. There are individuals that proclaim to be and vote Republican that are but that does not make the party, or even it's entire platform, racist. I absolutely think Republican's need to do more to clearly state such activities by those who claim to be Republican are unacceptable, and I think that an unclouded review needs to be done to removes things from the platform that can result in racist related outcomes.

Do you think there are Democrat's that are racist?

I really think we are doing ourselves and the country with the lumping everything into a single box or term.

Tugg


This is why I use the term "rightie" instead of Republican.

The biggest difference is racists are overtly and outwardly supporting Republicans. Of course there are Democrats who are racists. Racists know no political party. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is Republicans don't even hide it anymore. The party leadership (not all Republicans) embrace racists and welcome them.
 
Ken777
Posts: 10199
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 am

If you recall you can thank this shut down to Trump rescinding Obama's DACA Program. That was step one in generating a shutdown in early March.

Now we are faced with a simple end to the Shut Down - all Trump has to do is to Rescind his order to rescind Obama's order and guarantee in writing that he will not resting the Executive order again. The Senate can walk in and immediately vote for the CR and CVHIPS. It might take an hour, but they can be heading to lunch after an 11 AM start.

As long as Trump lets the shutdown continue it is clearly a Trump Shutdown.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22270
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:44 am

I've stopped trying to get people like NIKV69 to see logic and reason. But those of you who would like to engage in an activity similar to banging your head against a brick wall but with fewer opportunities for reward, by all means go right ahead.

ANYWHO, I'd like to start an informal "betting" pool about how long this one will last. If you win, you will win one internet and my eternal adoration and admiration, which may be traded in for brownie points. ;)

I will start the bidding with a prediction for 14 days.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14691
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:51 am

Francoflier wrote:
NoTime wrote:
Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense...


No, you're right. Let's just kick 800.000 fully integrated young individuals, almost all peaceful,contributing members of society, to countries they know nothing about, sometimes not even the language, and just ruin their entire lives for something their parents did...

I'm sure that makes a lot more sense to a hateful and twisted individual like you. Or would you prefer to force them to go through skin de-pigmentation treatment? Maybe that would be an acceptable compromise to you?


Well.. you are talking about the party that gives home to people thinking the moral thing to do with a rape victim is to force her to carry to term.
Or that kids should starve without health insurance...

Best regards
Thomas
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 am

The Govt. is into it's 3rd day of being shut down...

And the Russians haven't invaded yet ! ! ! ! :checkmark:
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20206
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am

dragon-wings wrote:
I think Schumer summed it up perfectly when he sais negotiating with Donald Trump is like negotiating with Jello.


I think that's terribly insulting. To Jello.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
And the Russians haven't invaded yet ! ! ! !


Why would they need to invade when they're already controlling everything from Moscow? :wink2:
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14691
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Govt. is into it's 3rd day of being shut down...

And the Russians haven't invaded yet ! ! ! ! :checkmark:


They haven´t? Their bots and trolls are very busy supporting their asset again, pushing "Schumershutdown", and judged by this forum they are pretty successful once again.

best regards
Thomas
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 9100
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm

It appears citizenship to Dreamers is the contentious issue. Schumer on record saying, he gave the wall.

Still not clear how one can block the path to citizenship in the long term. Even with a non-immigrant work permit, a Dreamer has a path to green card and citizenship. Unless Democrats are asking for direct citizenship.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14172
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

NoTime wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Ahh, yeah, so we should just make them citizens, then, because their parents broke the law. Makes a ton of sense... :sarcastic:

And then we can do the same for the next wave of illegals, and then the one after that.


I would gladly make them a citizen, if we could get rid of folks like you.


Of course you would. If there's anything a lefty can't stand, it's differing opinions.

The ironic thing is that you probably get your kicks calling others fascists.

I was just pointing out that if we are going to throw out people that are here by no fault of their own, then we should also be willing to throw out those that are citizens by no fault of their own.

It is not a matter of facism. It is the lack of an intelligent and compassionate solution to an issue that has stretched through multiple generations.

We have paid taxes to school many of these dreamers, and we have paid our money to their parents to do jobs that were available to them. At some point as a society we should look at giving them a path to citizenship. Otherwise, we have trained all the labor that Carrier, Ford, and other offshoring companies are using to send jobs to Mexico and away from the US.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12711
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

The president of the United States really is a 4 y/o child, evidence: the voice mail of the White House:

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/ ... 09/video/1

I really feel for the person whom job it was to record this massages.

And of course, he is a hypocrite, Trump in 2013: http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/ ... rig-cs.cnn
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14567
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:16 pm

DocLightning wrote:
I've stopped trying to get people like NIKV69 to see logic and reason. But those of you who would like to engage in an activity similar to banging your head against a brick wall but with fewer opportunities for reward, by all means go right ahead.

ANYWHO, I'd like to start an informal "betting" pool about how long this one will last. If you win, you will win one internet and my eternal adoration and admiration, which may be traded in for brownie points. ;)

I will start the bidding with a prediction for 14 days.


I am not sure where you get logic and reason by letting illegal aliens flock into this country unfettered and giving them everything like your state but you're losing your bet because it seems the Dems are abandoning UP chuck Schumer and are going to vote in the Senate to stop this madness.

Thank God for people like Joe Manchin. There are some level headed thinking Democrats out there.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 pm

scbriml wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
And the Russians haven't invaded yet ! ! ! !


Why would they need to invade when they're already controlling everything from Moscow? :wink2:


I know... It's like Standing Armies are so passe now in this new era of cybercrime, cyberwarefare, and cyberpropaganda... like a.net.. ;)
 
Route66
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm

huh. So they voted in the same thing they rejected 3 days ago.

Trump wins this round.
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: US government shuts down ...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Route66 wrote:
huh. So they voted in the same thing they rejected 3 days ago.

Trump wins this round.


Trump lost the compromise that he was hoping for at first. He played no role in getting this, the Democrats get the CHIP extension they wanted after Republicans used sick children and the military as bargaining chips, and the Republicans have now committed to negotiating in good faith on a permanent solution for DACA, and they will have to answer to the country if they don't (which, let's be honest, is the likely outcome). Nobody comes out of this looking great, but the worst is probably Trump, who has shown absolutely zero ability to lead or be coherent on policy whatsoever. "I make the best deals" seems like a very long time ago now.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: astuteman, Dutchy, mbmbos, offloaded, qf789, StarAC17 and 25 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos