Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:06 am

Are we seeing a collapse in the holier than thou liberal left who have gone from insulting and intimidating those with different opinions to now being caught up in a whole host of nasties.

We have the ‘God’ of liberal Hollywood now turned out to be accised of being a serial sex offender. We have a luvvie newsreader with a £400K underpayment in tax.

Now we have Brendan Cox you know the guy who ignores the victims of terror attacks and concerns himself only with the backlash against Muslims (which never happens) has now stepped down from two charities due to sexual impropriety claims and has given a tearful interview to the Mail on Sunday. You know the same Mail as in the Daily Mail which the left claim is a far right Nazi publication.

We also have a political leader who supported terrorists who bombed the U.K. is a huge Hamas fan and now allegations of spying for the Russians is coming out now. This is the same leader whose shadow cabinet member thinks Mao was a beacon of progress.

We have vegans bullying and intimidating meat eaters and calling us for ‘supporting sexual abuse’ and hard left extremists storming London cafes and intimidating patrons for ‘supporting the empire’ despite just 20 years ago the same people fled to this evil country and we housed, fed and clothed them. Our thanks is intimidating people who live here in cafes.

Dozens of luvvies promised to leave the UK in the event of Brexit yet not one to my knowledge has carried out their promise. Just just the luvvies stateside promised to love to Canada in the event of a President Donald J. Trump yet again not one has moved to Canada. The irony of them preaching diversity yet only promising to move to majority white Canada also makes me chuckle somewhat.

Still next time they insult half the country perhaps they’ll get their own affairs in order. The chicken are coming home to roost.

Just sayin!
 
GDB
Posts: 13826
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:30 pm

And you are at best, 'confused', at worst, just a trolling piece of work.
Who believes what they read in the worst tabloid shit rags in the UK (The Mail presents a front of 'respectability' the likes of The Sun do not bother with).
In short, you are babbling, probably a bit paranoid too, just saying!

(BTW, Harvey was long known as being a nasty guy, just not to what extent, in the same way many people always thought Jimmy Savile was weird).
 
User avatar
Dano1977
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm

sevenair wrote:
Are we seeing a collapse in the holier than thou liberal left who have gone from insulting and intimidating those with different opinions to now being caught up in a whole host of nasties.

We have the ‘God’ of liberal Hollywood now turned out to be accised of being a serial sex offender. We have a luvvie newsreader with a £400K underpayment in tax.

Now we have Brendan Cox you know the guy who ignores the victims of terror attacks and concerns himself only with the backlash against Muslims (which never happens) has now stepped down from two charities due to sexual impropriety claims and has given a tearful interview to the Mail on Sunday. You know the same Mail as in the Daily Mail which the left claim is a far right Nazi publication.

We also have a political leader who supported terrorists who bombed the U.K. is a huge Hamas fan and now allegations of spying for the Russians is coming out now. This is the same leader whose shadow cabinet member thinks Mao was a beacon of progress.

We have vegans bullying and intimidating meat eaters and calling us for ‘supporting sexual abuse’ and hard left extremists storming London cafes and intimidating patrons for ‘supporting the empire’ despite just 20 years ago the same people fled to this evil country and we housed, fed and clothed them. Our thanks is intimidating people who live here in cafes.

Dozens of luvvies promised to leave the UK in the event of Brexit yet not one to my knowledge has carried out their promise. Just just the luvvies stateside promised to love to Canada in the event of a President Donald J. Trump yet again not one has moved to Canada. The irony of them preaching diversity yet only promising to move to majority white Canada also makes me chuckle somewhat.

Still next time they insult half the country perhaps they’ll get their own affairs in order. The chicken are coming home to roost.

Just sayin!



There I was in a food mall, and sitting opposite was a big women, with a plate of grass,dandelions and salad and her face looked like she put in a fishing tackle box.

It was at this moment, My big juicy T-Bone steak turned up...

All of a sudden, the woman piped up, and said "Do you know how that animal died?"

I thinking to myself great a fooking Vegan, and I've just become enemy #1

So I looked her up and down, and a look at her plate and replied.... Judging by the contents of your plate, you starved it to death!




[size=50]courtesy of Kevin Bloody Wilson[/size]
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.
 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:23 pm

If Harvey W was always known as a bad one then why did the liberals in Hollywood adore him and promote him? Even those who lecture us on a wide range of topics held him up as a role model knowing full well that young females were allowing themselves to be abused just to break into the industry. Sock people.
 
WIederling
Posts: 9462
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:04 pm

sevenair wrote:
If Harvey W was always known as a bad one then why did the liberals in Hollywood adore him and promote him? Even those who lecture us on a wide range of topics held him up as a role model knowing full well that young females were allowing themselves to be abused just to break into the industry. Sock people.


Part of the competition. If you are a lousy actor or actress you can still make it by putting out. ( Ask your mother, let her guide you :-)
#metoo compassion in a Hollywood context is probably as fake as anything else borne at the front of an actress.
Murphy is an optimist
 
GDB
Posts: 13826
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 pm

sevenair wrote:
If Harvey W was always known as a bad one then why did the liberals in Hollywood adore him and promote him? Even those who lecture us on a wide range of topics held him up as a role model knowing full well that young females were allowing themselves to be abused just to break into the industry. Sock people.


Quite a few did not, some would not work with him and not only females.
He was a powerful man in that industry, could make and break careers (and often seems to have done so).
Though in recent years his power and influence were in decline, even before the revelations last year.
 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Those who lectured millions of Americans as to how awful they were. How most the Hollywood elite all teamed up and embarked on a bash Trump fest all along knowing full well that the man who put most of them in their position and who provided them with their platforms to preach from was one of the most prolific sexual predators in recent history. They got themselves triggered by things like Trump's covfefe misspelling or his 'grab her by the you-know-what' comment. They preached and pretended to be better whereas in fact they're complicit and responsible for the Weinstein saga. They only dared to call Weinsten out once they were all sitting pretty and set for life. Shame on them.

In the UK they did the same with Brexit. Many of them have Weinsten to thank for their careers or knew about Weinstein. Yet openly attributed every attack involving Europeans, every burglary on Italian/French/Turkish restaurants on evil brexiteers when stats proved otherwise. An attack on a Polish guy, however sad, was proven to have ZERO to do with Brexit, yet the luvvies never once issued an update or a retraction.

Somehow the luvvies seem to think that driving a Prius, eating gluten free and buying only organic somehow makes you a better person no matter what evil you've been embroiled in and somehow screaming 'Daily Mail' is now apparently the answer to all challenges or being differently opinionated.

Now those very same assault enablers self promote with the #metoo nonsense or turn up to awards in a certain colour. Churn my stomach they do.

Don't even get me started on this 'self identifying' nonsense that's a la mode with the liberals.
 
bgm
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Yay, another Russian troll.
 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:02 pm

bgm wrote:
Yay, another Russian troll.


Oh yes. How could I forget? As well as shrieking 'Daily Mail' just use the 'Russian troll' nonsense if you don't know what the Daily Mail is.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13698
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 pm

GDB wrote:
(BTW, Harvey was long known as being a nasty guy, just not to what extent, in the same way many people always thought Jimmy Savile was weird).


Nasty guy? You didn't know to what extent? Let's be clear I didn't read much of what the original poster wrote because it's all flamebait but as far as Weinstein goes everyone in Hollywood knew what he was. He was a full on sexual predator and a rapist who nobody wanted to stop because they knew they would never work again and it would bring everything down in the movie world.

Now Trump was accused of much less and you and the media ran with it for days and to this day still rail on him.

Weinstein was much worse but you said nothing about him. All because he has a "D" next to his name. The guy got a pass from you and the media and will never even be arrested and will go into the sunset a rich man who raped countless women because he had the ultimate power over them. All because he was a liberal.

It's sickening.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 pm

bgm wrote:
Yay, another Russian troll.

Nah, just a raving lunatic
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900
 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 pm

coolian2 wrote:
bgm wrote:
Yay, another Russian troll.

Nah, just a raving lunatic


What point(s) do you not agree with specifically? Is that what the left do now? If you don't agree with someone they're a lunatic, a Russian spy or a Daily Mail ready? I love how the left preach about 'diversity' but put people into boxes and only accept a very narrow and non diverse range of opinions.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Why would I try to apply reason to those who are unreasonable? Your original post did not provoke debate from the first sentence, and is a cliche-ridden scattergun troll job at best
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900
 
GDB
Posts: 13826
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 6:25 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:06 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
GDB wrote:
(BTW, Harvey was long known as being a nasty guy, just not to what extent, in the same way many people always thought Jimmy Savile was weird).


Nasty guy? You didn't know to what extent? Let's be clear I didn't read much of what the original poster wrote because it's all flamebait but as far as Weinstein goes everyone in Hollywood knew what he was. He was a full on sexual predator and a rapist who nobody wanted to stop because they knew they would never work again and it would bring everything down in the movie world.

Now Trump was accused of much less and you and the media ran with it for days and to this day still rail on him.

Weinstein was much worse but you said nothing about him. All because he has a "D" next to his name. The guy got a pass from you and the media and will never even be arrested and will go into the sunset a rich man who raped countless women because he had the ultimate power over them. All because he was a liberal.

It's sickening.


I don't work in that business and have little interest in it.
Most of the negative comments prior to the sex scandals came from men who had worked with him.
People of influence and power have the means to keep their sordid secrets under wraps, employ enablers, threaten to end careers, this is not even confined to Hollywood by any means. Hollywood has always been pretty sleazy, even nearly a century ago.

Apart from the that, the rather deranged bile from the OP makes no sense.
And like you care about all the women Trump has assaulted, (he was known for that long before he ran, though I note he now claims that his boasting about it caught on tape in 2005 is a 'fake).
What is it with a lack of adult critical thinking these days?
Even as a child I was taught by my parents that two wrongs don't make a right.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:21 pm

coolian2 wrote:
Why would I try to apply reason to those who are unreasonable? Your original post did not provoke debate from the first sentence, and is a cliche-ridden scattergun troll job at best

He reminds me of BobPatterson without the pretense of intellectualism.
 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Speaking of raving lunatics, who was it who organised the recent howling at the moon spectacle?
 
Olddog
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 pm

It's rather strange that theses women are not going after their agents/parents that sent them in the weinstein trap.

Weinstein should go to jail obviously, but why ignore all the people who knew what he was doing and sent theirs clients/daughter/wife to get a job that way ?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13400
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm not following you. Democrat aligned people prove to be bad, so that makes Trump good somehow ?

The "right" denouncing hypocrisy in the other camp is quite disconcerting to watch, I must admit.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13698
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Olddog wrote:
It's rather strange that theses women are not going after their agents/parents that sent them in the weinstein trap.

Weinstein should go to jail obviously, but why ignore all the people who knew what he was doing and sent theirs clients/daughter/wife to get a job that way ?


It's not every case many women were already adults wanting the big role and the 15 million dollar payday. At the time it may have been more advantageous to keep quiet the next morning when they saw the zeroes in their bank account but now after they are big names and don't need him anymore it's time to speak up. Especially since the flood gates have opened.

Aesma wrote:
I'm not following you. Democrat aligned people prove to be bad, so that makes Trump good somehow ?

The "right" denouncing hypocrisy in the other camp is quite disconcerting to watch, I must admit.


No that is your spin. I am merely saying if you are going to try to destroy someone for sexual accusations it should be an even playing field.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18254
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Thoughts and prayers for your butt-hurt :roll:
I don't take responsibility at all
 
sevenair
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Luvvies Lament

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 pm

At the Baftas the luvvies have been out in force chanting ‘time’s up Theresa’, referring to our PM. Did we think the lefties would protest about one of their own? Don’t be silly!
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Luvvies Lament

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 am

The only purpose of this thread is to start an argument, and it will therefore be locked. Threads are intended to start discussions, not pick fights from the outset. Please keep this in mind when starting future topics. A little civility goes a long way to making your case; uncivil behavior and name-calling only weakens your argument for most readers.

✈️ atcsundevil

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casinterest, Kiwirob, Number6, olle, speedygonzales, Toenga and 44 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos