Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Topic Author
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:48 am

Fun spin-off from this other interesting thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1387223

:P

Let have some fun! Post your thoughts and your scariest experiences if any!
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:14 am

I do not believe in them, and have never had a Supernatural Experience. I have met people who claim such. I would have to see one to believe they exist.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8602
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:25 am

I'm eager in hearing from those who say they need to see one to believe in them...while insisting that believing without seeing is their daily bread. :duck:
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 am

Ghosts, no. Weird shit? Yes
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 am

In the first year after my son was born, multiple people claimed to hear strange voices in our house. And one time, though I wasn't paying too close of attention, I thought I heard my Dad's voice (and he had passed away 4 years earlier). There were also multiple times one of us was holding our son, and something in a neighboring room would catch his attention and focus without there being anything obvious to what it was. We've never had our house formally inspected by a ghost hunter, nor have we had any serious discussions about doing so, but I will confess to a little paranormal intrigue. There's just too many oral accounts of such weird phenomenon that I can't help but wonder what really is possible beyond plausible explanations.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:15 am

when my mil passed i was co-executor of her estate, She died in 2008 just when the market crashed. We knew we would never sell the house in the state it was in. We had to fix it up first. I took some time off work to get it ready. My husband couldn't because he used up all his vacation time being with his mom just before she passed. I had heard that her house was haunted by her father who choked on some peanuts in a armchair in the living room. I heard this from my SIL i assumed she had a overactive imagination, since my husband grew up in the same house and didn't think it was haunted even though he did verify that his grandfather had choked on peanuts in his favorite armchair.

working late into the night,i noticed the light in the front room would flicker on and off. this would never happen during the day, just at night. i tried tightening the bulbs, then replacing the bulbs, and finally i hired a electrician to replace the light fixture. The lights kept flickering at night.

Another odd thing that I started noticing. When i would arrive in the morning, things would be moved around. i suspected someone was breaking in at night and sleeping there. My MIL had old fashion windows you turned with a crank roll out and in, so someone could easily push on them to get in and then out unnoticed. getting new windows was my first order of business, after they were installed. Things still continued to move around. Not a lot, just enough that i started wondering about my sanity.

After that, i complained that i didn't like working in the house alone, so my husband sent my SIL down to help.

The very first day she was there, i decide to tackle the basement. While working the light bulb to the stairwell went out. I didn't have a ladder to change it. so i worked with one light on. When i was finished i had to turn off the light and go to the stairwell in the dark. Just as i shut off the light, a man voice called my name. The voice was right next to me. I screamed bloody murder and made a run for the stairs. Just as i screamed my SIL screamed because I scared her. When i made my way to the top of the stairs, she wanted to know what was a matter. I said nothing. because, i was so afraid if i told her, she would leave. I had enough, i never wanted to be in this house alone again. When we sold the house my husband came down to sign all the papers. We left the house late at night. We got in the car and my husband turned to me and said you left the porch light on. He started to get out of the car, i said no, it's on a timer it will go off in a few seconds. He said no it's not on a timer. I told him to stay put. It would go off. It didn't go off. He was right there was no timer. I can't explain why the light went off for me, but not my husband.

i never told my children any of this, because if i did, i'm sure their eyes would get stuck rolling around in their heads. I suspect people will discount what i experienced just like i did with and my SIL.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3192
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Not a ghost story per se, but still interesting. It happened almost 37 years ago. It was Sunday, June 21, 1981. I just returned to our home after visiting my father in the railway worker's hospital in Kosice. He was in terminal stage of cancer. It was just before 17:00 when I got out of the train. We lived basically at the station, so the walk home was short. It was a warm, sunny, summer day. Around 17:30 suddenly a thunderstorm started. Didn't take too long. Few lightning strikes, a bit of rain. It was over in 10 minutes. About 15 minutes later, the phone goes off. It was the dispatcher at the train station (my father was the station master). He asked me to come to father's office. Here he told me that dad passed away at 17:30. Just when the thunderstorm started. Coincidence? Most likely. Father saying goodbye? Who knows...
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 753, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, C402, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
af773atmsp
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 pm

A few years ago I was taking a picture of an abandoned rail yard. When I checked the photo on my camera I noticed a man walking down the tracks. I looked up but couldn't see him. But then a minute later I saw him, so unfortunately no paranormal experience there (unless he vanished when I biked away). At least the first half of the story sounds spooky.

The next story is probably the closest I've had to a paranormal experience. I was in Scotland staying at a palace where my sister was studying abroad. Supposedly one of the rooms (the number of the room was 410 or something like that) was haunted. At night my family and I came back after exploring the town, I needed to use the restroom so they went back to their room. I come back and realize I'm completely lost, so I decide to just wing it. I went up a few floors and turned a door to what I thought was our floor. I walk up to a room door, and sure enough it's room 410. A deep shiver went down my spine and I'm pretty sure my skin flashed pale for just a second. I ran and eventually found my way. Late at night in bed it sounded like something hit the floor above ours, which IIRC is the floor with the haunted room. Was it actually a paranormal experience? Probably not, just my paranoia at the time thinking it was.

Do I believe in the paranormal? I honestly don't know, but there is weird stuff out there.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.
 
User avatar
Dano1977
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:01 pm

In my spare time, I'm a paranormal investigator.*

I go to various places and do an investigation with other like minded individuals, and our aim is to gather evidence.

Some of the evidence we have gathered can be explained away by normal means - loose floorboards, noisy heating or dodgy electrics.

Some of the evidence we have gathered, is very difficult to explain away, for example...

Various electronic items batteries discharging very rapidly (One night we got through 40 AA batteries in 90minutes)

voices caught on tape.

whistling caught on tape

A beer glass smashing against the wall

A whiskey tumbler moving across a table


In short - 99.9% can be explained by normal everyday occurrences, it's the 0.1% that interests me.

*I don't charge for a paranormal investigation, it's not about the £££
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7347
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 pm

When I was in the second grade, we went to a restaurant in the town I'm from where the building dates back to the 1900's. The 2nd floor at the time was an antique shop and I was walking up the center aisle and saw a figure that looked like my grandfather wearing a cowboy hat. I did a double take and he was gone.

The odd part to this was my grandfather lived in California and I lived in Texas. It happened in around 2000/2001 and he didn't pass away until 2014/
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
af773atmsp
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:58 am

Dano1977 wrote:
In my spare time, I'm a paranormal investigator.*

I go to various places and do an investigation with other like minded individuals, and our aim is to gather evidence.

Some of the evidence we have gathered can be explained away by normal means - loose floorboards, noisy heating or dodgy electrics.

Some of the evidence we have gathered, is very difficult to explain away, for example...

Various electronic items batteries discharging very rapidly (One night we got through 40 AA batteries in 90minutes)

voices caught on tape.

whistling caught on tape

A beer glass smashing against the wall

A whiskey tumbler moving across a table


In short - 99.9% can be explained by normal everyday occurrences, it's the 0.1% that interests me.

*I don't charge for a paranormal investigation, it's not about the £££


In the regards to the batteries the only explanations I can think of are cold temperature wearing down the batteries quickly, or if all those batteries were in the same package maybe they were all defective.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788,74M
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK,KL,B6
Too many airports to fit in signature.
 
User avatar
Dano1977
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 am

af773atmsp wrote:
Dano1977 wrote:
In my spare time, I'm a paranormal investigator.*

I go to various places and do an investigation with other like minded individuals, and our aim is to gather evidence.

Some of the evidence we have gathered can be explained away by normal means - loose floorboards, noisy heating or dodgy electrics.

Some of the evidence we have gathered, is very difficult to explain away, for example...

Various electronic items batteries discharging very rapidly (One night we got through 40 AA batteries in 90minutes)

voices caught on tape.

whistling caught on tape

A beer glass smashing against the wall

A whiskey tumbler moving across a table


In short - 99.9% can be explained by normal everyday occurrences, it's the 0.1% that interests me.

*I don't charge for a paranormal investigation, it's not about the £££


In the regards to the batteries the only explanations I can think of are cold temperature wearing down the batteries quickly, or if all those batteries were in the same package maybe they were all defective.


Ruled out those theories

We were in a museum, which was temperature controlled (to protect the exhibits), and after our first batteries died, we sent somebody to a 24hr garage to buy some more, and were different brands because garages don't carry that much stock in one particular battery company.
The average EU official - he has the organising ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans and the modesty of the French. And that's topped up by the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch.
 
LAH1
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:42 am

Our house was built in1832 so presume it's seen a few deaths. We have had items missing, odd things like books and even photographs in frames. Best one was an old address book. Missing from the shelf for days. We come back from work one evening and find it in the centre of the carpet in the sitting room. No one else has keys to the house. Wasn't there when we left that morning. But they say dogs especially are likely to "know" if ghosts are around and get agitated. Neither of our Labs ever showed any signs. If there is anything at our place it's pretty benign.
 
Turbofanfan
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:01 pm

The fact these two threads are even discussing these things as if there's anything to discuss has seriously compromised my trust in this forum and it's members. I thought this was a place of reason.
 
Freakysh
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am

Turbofanfan wrote:
The fact these two threads are even discussing these things as if there's anything to discuss has seriously compromised my trust in this forum and it's members. I thought this was a place of reason.


Ha ha, lighten up

Love these stories, they make for great reading and are very entertaining
 
cpd
Posts: 6549
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:29 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I do not believe in them, and have never had a Supernatural Experience. I have met people who claim such. I would have to see one to believe they exist.



It is said my old office did have one. An unlucky construction work who fell off a balustrade from the seventh floor, instantly killed when he hit the ground floor. The whole story is tragic - he apparently left behind a wife and children. :(

I was never in the building late enough to know if it was real or not, but the death certainly was.
 
Freakysh
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:06 pm

The hospital I worked at for a time had a few people give a similar story. When working the night shift alone in the pathology lab, they would see a little old lady in a hospital gown walking down the end of a long corridor. This wasn't unusual as people would regularly stray into this unused (at night) end of the hospital quite regularly.

But the fact that several people described the same woman, always seen in the early hours of the morning, made it quite eery. She would always go into one of the rooms at the end of the corridor, yet the few that went down to find her because they were concerned for her, never could, even though there was no way out at that end.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Because we have such limited knowledge of life, the universe, and everything, why is it not possible that ghosts exist? I have seen ghosts. I have lived in two different houses that were haunted. Doors opening and closing on their own, things moving from one side of the room to the other, people speaking when there was no one there, footsteps where no footsteps should be. Just because it has not happened to someone else does not mean it has not happened.

I have never been to Taiwan. Does that mean Taiwan does not exist?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Airstud
Posts: 4892
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 am

seb146 wrote:
Taiwan does not exist?


Correct.


(just ask the State Department)
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 am

Airstud wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Taiwan does not exist?


Correct.


(just ask the State Department)


dang... Well played.

Maybe I should have said Dahomey. oh, wait....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2714
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
Because we have such limited knowledge of life, the universe, and everything, why is it not possible that ghosts exist? I have seen ghosts. I have lived in two different houses that were haunted. Doors opening and closing on their own, things moving from one side of the room to the other, people speaking when there was no one there, footsteps where no footsteps should be. Just because it has not happened to someone else does not mean it has not happened.

I have never been to Taiwan. Does that mean Taiwan does not exist?


You should probably try doing the numbers on these things. For every living person today, there are roughly 120 dead ones from the rest of our history. That's 840 billion ghosts. If we're only talking humans, of course.

The things you've seen that you believe to be ghosts should happening all the time, everywhere you go. And not just to a small amount of living people.
The likelihood of only hearing hints and allegations of ghosts being a thing, with those kind of numbers, rounds to zero.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:11 pm

June 2014 I had my cat Pat put to sleep at the age of 22. She was more like my little sister than a pet and helped me through convalescence following Sepsis by laying on the bed with me day after day.

Ever since we see her now and again, round the house where she lived most of her life so she's attached to this place. Sometimes just a glimpse, other times much clearer

Add to that other experiences including a family ghost and I am totally convinced we don't just dissipate on death. There has to be more to life than the waste of brain death. It is something we will never understand until we actually experience it, and animals with strong connections can just as effectively return in some form or leave an echo in time
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Its all baloney.

People see ghosts as a way to make death a little more understandable and not "the end." Its a coping mechanism.
Stay curious
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 8463
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Dano1977 wrote:
...
Various electronic items batteries discharging very rapidly (One night we got through 40 AA batteries in 90minutes)
...


Could that be a bad batch or improperly stored batteries?
All posts are just opinions.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Because we have such limited knowledge of life, the universe, and everything, why is it not possible that ghosts exist? I have seen ghosts. I have lived in two different houses that were haunted. Doors opening and closing on their own, things moving from one side of the room to the other, people speaking when there was no one there, footsteps where no footsteps should be. Just because it has not happened to someone else does not mean it has not happened.

I have never been to Taiwan. Does that mean Taiwan does not exist?


You should probably try doing the numbers on these things. For every living person today, there are roughly 120 dead ones from the rest of our history. That's 840 billion ghosts. If we're only talking humans, of course.

The things you've seen that you believe to be ghosts should happening all the time, everywhere you go. And not just to a small amount of living people.
The likelihood of only hearing hints and allegations of ghosts being a thing, with those kind of numbers, rounds to zero.


I live in a community of about 10,000. On an average day, I might see ~200 of them. Does that mean the other 9,800 do not exist? Also, I (this is only me, I speak for no one else) the spirit is energy. It has no mass or shape. It is simply there. Further, I believe the souls who have exhausted their Earthly vessel simply pass on into another, be it human or dog or fish. Those souls who have been forced out (murder or suicide) wander looking for their vessel.

Again, this is just my personal belief. No different than believing in a white haired, English speaking man who sent his blond hair, blue eye, English speaking son to save all Earth....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Because we have such limited knowledge of life, the universe, and everything, why is it not possible that ghosts exist? I have seen ghosts. I have lived in two different houses that were haunted. Doors opening and closing on their own, things moving from one side of the room to the other, people speaking when there was no one there, footsteps where no footsteps should be. Just because it has not happened to someone else does not mean it has not happened.

I have never been to Taiwan. Does that mean Taiwan does not exist?


You should probably try doing the numbers on these things. For every living person today, there are roughly 120 dead ones from the rest of our history. That's 840 billion ghosts. If we're only talking humans, of course.

The things you've seen that you believe to be ghosts should happening all the time, everywhere you go. And not just to a small amount of living people.
The likelihood of only hearing hints and allegations of ghosts being a thing, with those kind of numbers, rounds to zero.


I live in a community of about 10,000. On an average day, I might see ~200 of them. Does that mean the other 9,800 do not exist? Also, I (this is only me, I speak for no one else) the spirit is energy. It has no mass or shape. It is simply there. Further, I believe the souls who have exhausted their Earthly vessel simply pass on into another, be it human or dog or fish. Those souls who have been forced out (murder or suicide) wander looking for their vessel.

Again, this is just my personal belief. No different than believing in a white haired, English speaking man who sent his blond hair, blue eye, English speaking son to save all Earth....


Its no different in the same way they are both fantasies to explain scary ideas (death).

Do ghosts follow the same laws of physics or thermodynamics? What happens if the house they died in burns down? Do they go away?
Stay curious
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:14 pm

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

You should probably try doing the numbers on these things. For every living person today, there are roughly 120 dead ones from the rest of our history. That's 840 billion ghosts. If we're only talking humans, of course.

The things you've seen that you believe to be ghosts should happening all the time, everywhere you go. And not just to a small amount of living people.
The likelihood of only hearing hints and allegations of ghosts being a thing, with those kind of numbers, rounds to zero.


I live in a community of about 10,000. On an average day, I might see ~200 of them. Does that mean the other 9,800 do not exist? Also, I (this is only me, I speak for no one else) the spirit is energy. It has no mass or shape. It is simply there. Further, I believe the souls who have exhausted their Earthly vessel simply pass on into another, be it human or dog or fish. Those souls who have been forced out (murder or suicide) wander looking for their vessel.

Again, this is just my personal belief. No different than believing in a white haired, English speaking man who sent his blond hair, blue eye, English speaking son to save all Earth....


Its no different in the same way they are both fantasies to explain scary ideas (death).

Do ghosts follow the same laws of physics or thermodynamics? What happens if the house they died in burns down? Do they go away?


My maternal grandfather died from a heart attack. I never met the man. I was not alive when he died. His wife (my grandmother) died in 1996. Neither were scary to me. Neither had to be explained. I have never been visited by either. I do not feel ghosts have to have an explanation.

I lived in an old Victorian style house that was divided into apartments. I rented the top floor. It has an odd layout. One bed, one bath, but a second room with no windows that a friend used as a bedroom for a time. There was a sun room and deck off the kitchen. That was the part that was occupied by the spirit of a 9 year old boy. He was angry. He hated that I was there. But, I let him have part of the kitchen and sun room. He would knock things out of closed cabinets to the floor and move things in the kitchen but that was it. There was probably an explanation for it other than that, but that is what I go with because it gives the place character. Since I never saw any rodent droppings, I figured the ghost story sounds good. Plus, I can't be bothered to spend hours and hours figuring out an earthy explanation as to why.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
lewis
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 1999 5:41 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:54 pm

I never believed in ghosts and I am still very sceptical about the whole concept.

I used to work in the San Jose area a lot and during one of my stays there I felt a very weird presence in my room for more than a couple of nights. Weird high pitched buzz in my ears and even when working on my laptop in bed I would hear the second bed creaking as if someone was sitting on it. I woke up more than once after feeling someone tapping me on my shoulder, it freaked me out. I brought it up to one of my managers at work who of course started joking about it. While making fun of me to a couple of our team members who were also staying there, they out the blue confirmed that they also felt something very off at the hotel. I googled the hotel just out of curiosity on the spot, nearly every single search result was about the hotel being in a "most haunted" list.

The hotel is The Sainte Claire in downtown San Jose, currently a Westin.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 am

Dano1977 wrote:
We were in a museum, which was temperature controlled (to protect the exhibits),


What did you use them in and what type of batteries? Alkaline batteries for example can be emptied with a fraction of their nameplate capacity if the current flow is high.

and after our first batteries died, we sent somebody to a 24hr garage to buy some more, and were different brands because garages don't carry that much stock in one particular battery company.


So your results are invalid.

seb146 wrote:
Also, I (this is only me, I speak for no one else) the spirit is energy. It has no mass or shape.


If they have energy, they have mass.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Seventeen years ago, we purchased a 120 year-old Victorian farmhouse on Boston's South Shore. During the first month in our new house I was upstairs painting a room when I felt the sensation of a person passing by me. I could feel her warmth and smell her perfume, A few days later I was talking to my new neighbor who had lived in the area all of her life and knew plenty of local history. We weren't discussing ghosts, only local family histories. I asked her to play a little word association game with me. I tossed out "Evening in Paris perfume." She thought about it for a minute, then a light went off in her head. She said, "You've got a ghost, don't you?"

I said, "Well, I was thinking in that direction."

She told me a woman named Helen lived in our house her whole life, never married, took care of her parents until they passed. She told me Helen always wore "that cheap dime store perfume."

We've had other odd happenstances around the house. We've had two pet sitters quit on us because they said we had ghosts and they were terrified by them. Mostly what we've experienced is what would be described as having a poltergeist - harmless, impish, prank-like activity. The television goes on in the middle of the night - full volume. Windows will rattle violently. And our cats are sometimes terrified to enter specific rooms in our house.

I don't really believe in ghosts and would never attempt to explain why these odd experiences have happened. But we've had several occurrences around the house that defy explanation. I'm not afraid of Helen but I do find I am startled by the things that go on around the house. A friend of ours who believes in ghosts asked us if we ever leave the doors to rooms closed and indeed, we always close off the guest room when not in use in order to save on heating and cooling. She said spirits do not like their "flow" being interrupted and suggested we leave the guest room door open. Sure enough, it did the trick. I still don't believe in ghosts, but we have noticed that most of the time we have unusual activity it's when we have guests (who are closing their guest room door) or have otherwise closed the door to the guest room. Apparently, Helen doesn't want that door closed.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
slider
Posts: 7626
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:42 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:18 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

If they have energy, they have mass.

Best regards
Thomas


Perhaps, perhaps not. We're looking at this through scientific eyes, based on the knowledge we possess. Just because there are sound frequencies we can't hear doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't real, although we have the means to empirically observe them. Similarly, paranormal phenomena could be quite real if we aren't to the point of having the means to scientifically observe, communicate, analyze, etc.

I've seen my share of weird shit over the years and my personal opinion is that there absolutely is a spiritual or supernatural plane of existence. But a spirit presence doesn't imply energy necessarily in the context you may know it.
 
slider
Posts: 7626
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:42 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Apparently, Helen doesn't want that door closed.


Wow! That's some cool stuff. You should have Ghost Hunters or some such outfit come and check your place out. That's wild.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 pm

slider wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

If they have energy, they have mass.

Best regards
Thomas


Perhaps, perhaps not. We're looking at this through scientific eyes, based on the knowledge we possess. Just because there are sound frequencies we can't hear doesn't mean they don't exist or aren't real, although we have the means to empirically observe them. Similarly, paranormal phenomena could be quite real if we aren't to the point of having the means to scientifically observe, communicate, analyze, etc.

I've seen my share of weird shit over the years and my personal opinion is that there absolutely is a spiritual or supernatural plane of existence. But a spirit presence doesn't imply energy necessarily in the context you may know it.


Thermodynamics require it to have energy if they can do anything. Being seen is also something that requires energy/mass. Those are the facts, and anything beyond that is pure speculation, therefore without merrit. It doesn't make sense to assume something is there w/o anything pointing to its existence.
We all see our fair share of weird shit, because our brains are not nearly as good in making an accurate model of the real world as we like to think. The List of cognitive biases page on Wikipedia is that long for a reason. Most weird shit can best be explained by a mix of those biases and more physical effects like hallucinations from sleep deprivation or sleep paralysis, which for example is the reason for all the "I woke up, I couldn't move, and there was Jesus/a deamon/an alien/Vishnu/Satan/a Vampire standing at my bed" stories.

While it is true that their may be things going on that we can not even indirectly detect, but that means we can not detect them, so they can not be the weird shit we've seen, because seeing is detecting.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:35 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Also, I (this is only me, I speak for no one else) the spirit is energy. It has no mass or shape.


If they have energy, they have mass.

Best regards
Thomas


Good point. That would explain why we can feel spirits. Makes sense. Thanks!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 am

seb146 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Also, I (this is only me, I speak for no one else) the spirit is energy. It has no mass or shape.


If they have energy, they have mass.

Best regards
Thomas


Good point. That would explain why we can feel spirits. Makes sense. Thanks!


That could explain feeling spirits, but what does explain feeling spirits is a combination of a disturbed sense of agency and a sensory/motor signal mismatch. We can test for that, or put electrodes in your head and turn you feeling a presence on and off at will. It is simply a form of hallucination, and even if that disappoints you (and you are likely to reject it) we understand fairly well how that works. What we are not sure of is if that always is a form of Schizophrenia, or only the result of a mechanism that is usually useful and only Schizophrenia if that mechanism spirals out of control, and what the useful function of it is. However, in a sense all our perception of reality is a hallucination, because what we perceive as reality around us is just a model build by our brain based on sensory input and experience. Optical illusion work because our brain builds a consistent model of the world, even if the sensory input doesn´t make any sense. And fools us.

Care for a little experiment? Actually this one if from a TV show, i guess it will be interesting to see if that can be done in writing. After the "Text:" there is a sentence. Highlight it with your mouse, slowly from left to right while reading it. Not the whole sentence at once. While reading, form a mental image showing what the sentence is saying. After the "Question:" is a question regarding the sentence.
A 2nd set of sentence/question is after the next paragraph, please do the same with that one.

Text: The Mouse on the Desk is broken

Question: Did you see a computer mouse on a desk that was broken in some way?

Having hallucinations is quite normal, about 70% of all people have them and are aware of them. In the sense that they are aware of experiencing it, usually people don´t know that those are just hallucinations.
Isn´t it curious that those hallucinations are always tailor made to what the person believes? Muslims pretty much never see Jesus, Christians pretty much never see Mohammed. Pretty much everyone feels dead friends and relatives, but only in cultures that believe in a kind of afterlife that enables those experiences, and when we had less TV programs to chose from, hallucinations people reported had a nice correlation with the weeks TV program.

Text: The Mouse on the Desk is eating cheese

Question: Did you see a furry little thing eating cheese on some desk/table? Did you, while reading those sentences, at any time, see anything else but a broken computer mouse or a mouse eating cheese? How did you brain know what to imagine? The information what kind of mouse i am talking about is at the end of the sentence. Proof of premonition? Nope, we don´t know if our brain just pauses the part of our brain that creates the image and reinserts it once we have the needed information or if our brain actually imagines both options and then removes all traces of the wrong image from our memory, but that is a simple experiment to show how our brains fools us into believing we knew something that we can not possible know at the time. Most supernatural experiences work along those lines.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:49 am

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

If they have energy, they have mass.

Best regards
Thomas


Good point. That would explain why we can feel spirits. Makes sense. Thanks!


That could explain feeling spirits, but what does explain feeling spirits is a combination of a disturbed sense of agency and a sensory/motor signal mismatch. We can test for that, or put electrodes in your head and turn you feeling a presence on and off at will. It is simply a form of hallucination, and even if that disappoints you (and you are likely to reject it) we understand fairly well how that works. What we are not sure of is if that always is a form of Schizophrenia, or only the result of a mechanism that is usually useful and only Schizophrenia if that mechanism spirals out of control, and what the useful function of it is. However, in a sense all our perception of reality is a hallucination, because what we perceive as reality around us is just a model build by our brain based on sensory input and experience. Optical illusion work because our brain builds a consistent model of the world, even if the sensory input doesn´t make any sense. And fools us.

Care for a little experiment? Actually this one if from a TV show, i guess it will be interesting to see if that can be done in writing. After the "Text:" there is a sentence. Highlight it with your mouse, slowly from left to right while reading it. Not the whole sentence at once. While reading, form a mental image showing what the sentence is saying. After the "Question:" is a question regarding the sentence.
A 2nd set of sentence/question is after the next paragraph, please do the same with that one.

Text: The Mouse on the Desk is broken

Question: Did you see a computer mouse on a desk that was broken in some way?

Having hallucinations is quite normal, about 70% of all people have them and are aware of them. In the sense that they are aware of experiencing it, usually people don´t know that those are just hallucinations.
Isn´t it curious that those hallucinations are always tailor made to what the person believes? Muslims pretty much never see Jesus, Christians pretty much never see Mohammed. Pretty much everyone feels dead friends and relatives, but only in cultures that believe in a kind of afterlife that enables those experiences, and when we had less TV programs to chose from, hallucinations people reported had a nice correlation with the weeks TV program.

Text: The Mouse on the Desk is eating cheese

Question: Did you see a furry little thing eating cheese on some desk/table? Did you, while reading those sentences, at any time, see anything else but a broken computer mouse or a mouse eating cheese? How did you brain know what to imagine? The information what kind of mouse i am talking about is at the end of the sentence. Proof of premonition? Nope, we don´t know if our brain just pauses the part of our brain that creates the image and reinserts it once we have the needed information or if our brain actually imagines both options and then removes all traces of the wrong image from our memory, but that is a simple experiment to show how our brains fools us into believing we knew something that we can not possible know at the time. Most supernatural experiences work along those lines.

best regards
Thomas


I know that some things can be explained. I accept that. One house I lived in had mice and probably rats. That does explain some of what I felt and saw. That does not explain me watching myself looking out the window or watching a plate move across the floor or listening to a conversation between a girl and a man when the only "girl" near by was Mrs Corona across the street. It does not explain why I can go someplace I have never been and walk to a specific spot and point and there is something amazing we have never seen.

I can accept a lot, but some things are just a trip and I sit back and enjoy it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 am

seb146 wrote:
That does not explain me watching myself looking out the window or watching a plate move across the floor or listening to a conversation between a girl and a man when the only "girl" near by was Mrs Corona across the street. It does not explain why I can go someplace I have never been and walk to a specific spot and point and there is something amazing we have never seen.


It actually can.

I can accept a lot, but some things are just a trip and I sit back and enjoy it.


That is a way of seeing it, but that doesn´t mean Ghosts or anything like that are real and it is not just our brain screwing us over.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:19 am

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
That does not explain me watching myself looking out the window or watching a plate move across the floor or listening to a conversation between a girl and a man when the only "girl" near by was Mrs Corona across the street. It does not explain why I can go someplace I have never been and walk to a specific spot and point and there is something amazing we have never seen.


It actually can.


How? How can I go someplace I have never been before and know exactly where things are? I have a general idea from Google Maps but, before that, how could I know? Even now, if I flew to Estonia, I would feel at home, but if I would go to a specific village and say "X happened here" and find out it did? Explain that.

That is a way of seeing it, but that doesn´t mean Ghosts or anything like that are real and it is not just our brain screwing us over.


Go to any WWII test areas around America. China Lake or any of the internment camps. Don't just drive through, but listen to your hear and mind and soul. Something is different. Something changes. You can feel something.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:57 am

seb146 wrote:
How? How can I go someplace I have never been before and know exactly where things are? I have a general idea from Google Maps but, before that, how could I know? Even now, if I flew to Estonia, I would feel at home, but if I would go to a specific village and say "X happened here" and find out it did? Explain that.


The same way the mouse experiment works, your brain retroactively makes you believe you knew that, and doesn´t recall remembering that information. It was burried in your subconscious. That is because not having a consistent model of the world is what makes us being crazy, so our brain works very hard on making us think we have a consistent world model. Consistent doesn´t have to make logical or physical sense, just needs to feel like it makes sense to our brain.

China Lake or any of the internment camps. Don't just drive through, but listen to your hear and mind and soul. Something is different. Something changes. You can feel something.


yup, because my brain thinks i should feel something, so i do. We feel guilty if we don´t feel bad/something in such places.

When i took US friends to concentration camp sites or te Anne Frank museums, it pretty much devastates them. It doesn´t his me anywhere near as much as it does them, and as psychology would imply, i was wondering why i didn´t react like they do. Simple, i grew up with that stuff, it is part of my every day life, i walked by probably hundreds of "this is the location of the Synagoge until xx.xx.xxxx". My brain doesn´t have to come up with a "gut feeling" about it, i know exactly what happend, what i think about that, my medial prefrontal cortex, left posterior superior temporal sulcus, visual cortex and whatever other parts of the brain cool up those feelings, don´t need to do that.

But when i went to the Human Rights Museum in Chile, where i don´t have a reasoned out model for what happened in my head, and seeing those posters and slogans i can remember from my Childhood made it so real, that i was standing there, tears streaming that i couldn´t make stop. In short i reacted exactly like those american friends do in a concentration camp.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22777
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:46 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
How? How can I go someplace I have never been before and know exactly where things are? I have a general idea from Google Maps but, before that, how could I know? Even now, if I flew to Estonia, I would feel at home, but if I would go to a specific village and say "X happened here" and find out it did? Explain that.


The same way the mouse experiment works, your brain retroactively makes you believe you knew that, and doesn´t recall remembering that information. It was burried in your subconscious. That is because not having a consistent model of the world is what makes us being crazy, so our brain works very hard on making us think we have a consistent world model. Consistent doesn´t have to make logical or physical sense, just needs to feel like it makes sense to our brain.


It sounds like you are talking about remembering an event. People mis-remember things all the time. In the moment, however, is very different.

China Lake or any of the internment camps. Don't just drive through, but listen to your hear and mind and soul. Something is different. Something changes. You can feel something.


yup, because my brain thinks i should feel something, so i do. We feel guilty if we don´t feel bad/something in such places.

When i took US friends to concentration camp sites or te Anne Frank museums, it pretty much devastates them. It doesn´t his me anywhere near as much as it does them, and as psychology would imply, i was wondering why i didn´t react like they do. Simple, i grew up with that stuff, it is part of my every day life, i walked by probably hundreds of "this is the location of the Synagoge until xx.xx.xxxx". My brain doesn´t have to come up with a "gut feeling" about it, i know exactly what happend, what i think about that, my medial prefrontal cortex, left posterior superior temporal sulcus, visual cortex and whatever other parts of the brain cool up those feelings, don´t need to do that.

But when i went to the Human Rights Museum in Chile, where i don´t have a reasoned out model for what happened in my head, and seeing those posters and slogans i can remember from my Childhood made it so real, that i was standing there, tears streaming that i couldn´t make stop. In short i reacted exactly like those american friends do in a concentration camp.

best regards
Thomas


Being moved and showing emotions over a display is to be expected. I feel things when I see any pictures from any of the Nazi death camps. I have never been to Europe.

You should drive down Loneliest Highway or pretty much any highway in Nevada. You will come to a ghost town. You will feel things. Explain it any way you want but you will feel things. I say it is because of actual ghosts, you say because you expect to feel something.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
fbgdavidson
Posts: 3893
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:25 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 am

Happened to my father maybe 15 years ago. His office car park was quite unusual in that it was away from the office itself. It had one entrance/exit, for both cars and people on foot, through an arch and had space for maybe 40 cars. He pulled into a space and noticed he wasn't parked straight so he was about to back up when he looked over his left shoulder and saw a car stationary, with a chauffeur and passenger in the back reading a newspaper. He could even tell the type of car and colour and noticed the chauffeur was facing forwards the whole time which he said seemed odd. He waited a second and the car pulled away, he then looked over his right shoulder just a second later to see that the car had passed and he couldn't see it. He leapt out of his car and the vehicle had disappeared. From the time he saw this car over his left shoulder to getting out of the car was less than ten seconds.

There was no way there was enough time for the car to U-turn/3 point turn and leave the car park in that time and the car didn't simply park either because he would have seen it. Also there was no reason for a chauffeur driven car to be there, there were no office doors/drop off areas, etc. it literally functioned as a walled in car park and you needed a card to access it so it couldn't be someone lost or turning round.

He told me this when he got home from work as a "something happened that I can't explain". I'd been in that car park myself and I can't see how a logical explanation could fit unless my father imagined its presence, which seems rather unlikely.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey
 
Cadet985
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:45 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:14 am

My family and I have had a LOT of encounters. I absolutely believe in ghosts, and would not mind telling of some encounters my family have had or have been witness to if I could feel like I won’t be ridiculed by everyone on this forum.

Basically, here’s the thing. If you don’t believe in ghosts, demons, angels, G-d, etc., there’s nothing I or anyone else can say to change your mind. I have heard many cases of people who “knew” that there’s no such thing as ghosts...until they had an experience.

So if there’s interest in my encounters and experiences, I’ll post them with the understanding that I’m not gonna try to force my belief in the paranormal on anyone, and I would really appreciate it if nobody called me psycho, insane, drunk, etc.

Just a heads up that if there’s interest, I’ll post, but it’ll be a long post.

Marc
 
User avatar
JonLewis1980
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:07 pm

I don't believe in ghosts, but if I see one, I will definitely s**t my pants. Though I think aliens are more real.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 am

Cadet985 wrote:
Basically, here’s the thing. If you don’t believe in ghosts, demons, angels, G-d, etc., there’s nothing I or anyone else can say to change your mind. I have heard many cases of people who “knew” that there’s no such thing as ghosts...until they had an experience.


Of course you can change out minds, with simple providing evidence.

But an assertion made without evidence can be dismissed woth out evidence.
Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11982
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:57 pm

JonLewis1980 wrote:
I don't believe in ghosts, but if I see one, I will definitely s**t my pants. Though I think aliens are more real.


Aliens are definitely out there. Simply too many stars, more stars in the universe than grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. Whether they are intelligent or even visit earth is a totally other matter.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11982
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
My family and I have had a LOT of encounters. I absolutely believe in ghosts, and would not mind telling of some encounters my family have had or have been witness to if I could feel like I won’t be ridiculed by everyone on this forum.

Basically, here’s the thing. If you don’t believe in ghosts, demons, angels, G-d, etc., there’s nothing I or anyone else can say to change your mind. I have heard many cases of people who “knew” that there’s no such thing as ghosts...until they had an experience.

So if there’s interest in my encounters and experiences, I’ll post them with the understanding that I’m not gonna try to force my belief in the paranormal on anyone, and I would really appreciate it if nobody called me psycho, insane, drunk, etc.

Just a heads up that if there’s interest, I’ll post, but it’ll be a long post.

Marc


Hi Marc,

I would be interested in your stories.

What also interests me is that you still use the word "believe", I get a feeling you know so for yourself. Not to undermine your experiences, but personal experiences are the lowest form of evidence in science. So until I can get absolute reproducible evidence, if will accept that there are ghosts out there, until then, no, sorry. But your stories will be interested and I will not muck anyone as I believe you experienced it as you will tell us, nevertheless is that not evidence of anything. Those two are different things.

Let me share something I have experienced and I have no explanation for. I was with a group in a group house and we were playing "reversed-hide and seek", brilliant game, you should try it if you haven't already. It was an old farmhouse, my guess would be somewhere at the end of the 19th century or perhaps even a century older than that. The house was dark and very quiet of course. We were walking around to find the person whom was hiding and joining her. There was a living room, all dark, quiet and quite majestic. I felt that it wasn't good in that room, it felt unheimlich, it felt if I should not enter. Don't know why, don't know how, I have no explanation for that. That doesn't mean I felt a ghost, let alone seen one.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13721
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
I felt that it wasn't good in that room, it felt unheimlich, it felt if I should not enter. Don't know why, don't know how, I have no explanation for that.


Agent detection mechanism.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 11982
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:44 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
I felt that it wasn't good in that room, it felt unheimlich, it felt if I should not enter. Don't know why, don't know how, I have no explanation for that.


Agent detection mechanism.

Best regards
Thomas


Interesting, thanks for that.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
anrec80
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:03 am

Dutchy wrote:
JonLewis1980 wrote:
I don't believe in ghosts, but if I see one, I will definitely s**t my pants. Though I think aliens are more real.


Aliens are definitely out there. Simply too many stars, more stars in the universe than grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. Whether they are intelligent or even visit earth is a totally other matter.


But together with that - they are all too far, even the light takes too much time to traverse the space between 2 civilizations that can be in contact.
 
Airstud
Posts: 4892
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Are Ghosts a myth? Post your experiences here!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:30 am

JonLewis1980 wrote:
I don't believe in ghosts, but if I see one, I will definitely s**t my pants.


Gross.
Pancakes are delicious.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: art and 25 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos