User avatar
Phosphorus
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:02 pm

For those who used russianplanes.net as a reference tool to Soviet and post-Soviet aviation -- the site is down.
The farewell page insists the shutdown is permanent, and self-blames poor quality content. Apparently the fact that people volunteered to add content is the main source of blame -- the content is poor quality.

In other news, the scandal with 400 kg of cocaine in Russian embassy in Buenos Aires, and the allegations that Russian diplomatic channels and government flights could be used in drug transportation, is gathering steam. It is notable that photos and movement news from russianplanes.net were referenced by some news organizations in their research on the matter.

It is alleged, in Russia, that these two facts have NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER. Move along, nothing to see here.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
sovietjet
Posts: 2642
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:32 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes, it does seem more than suspicious.

1) Russian government fleet under investigation by the media for smuggling cocaine
2) Media uses russianplanes.net to look up some airframe info of the Il-96 and cites it in their articles
3) russianplanes.net suddenly is closed "voluntarily"

I visited the site daily for the past 10 years, and contributed my own photos. The amount of priceless photos and information there really cannot be replaced. I am just angry, and it is a shame that something we love, our hobby, is affected by stupidity on a higher level.
 
WIederling
Posts: 6544
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 pm

why is closing an aviation web site moved to "NON-Aviation?
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
Dahlgardo
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:46 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:23 pm

What a shame.
There must be another reason.
The content was not poor quality by any standard.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle
 
WIederling
Posts: 6544
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm

From the last archive.org grab, translated: "The site is removed on its own initiative, definitively and irrevocably."

Must have had rising issues with vandalism?
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6560
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 pm

WIederling wrote:
why is closing an aviation web site moved to "NON-Aviation?

Probably because this has nothing to do with the industry overall...this deals with a website whose focus IS aviation. What ramifications exist to any part of the industry if this website is closed?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
notaxonrotax
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Queue a staunch defense of user "Scorpius"......
He will tell us that Putin actually runs a more democratic show than any of our countries.

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"
 
sovietjet
Posts: 2642
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:32 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Maybe it isn't for "non-aviation" but "aviation photography" instead...
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2770
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
WIederling wrote:
why is closing an aviation web site moved to "NON-Aviation?

Probably because this has nothing to do with the industry overall...

:checkmark: Indeed.

sovietjet wrote:
Maybe it isn't for "non-aviation" but "aviation photography" instead...

The thread belongs in Non Av. The website was aviation related, but discussing a website has nothing to do with aviation or photography. It might seem confusing, but this is how we've historically handled threads like this.
 
dcajet
Posts: 2772
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:03 pm

Lets not forget Russian elections (that Putin will, doubtless, win) are in a couple of weeks. The authorities certainly can do without these type of pesky news of Russian diplomats smuggling cocaine into the country via diplomatic bags.

What a joke. Another day in Putin's Russia.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:05 am

The stupidities one reads here sometimes...
This operation had been going on for several years, there was ongoing coordination between Russian and Argentinian authorities, now it all must be Putin conspiracy because the closure of the operation happened in an election year that he will win anyways, wether some here like it or not.

This thread just went down the drain.
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:15 am

notaxonrotax wrote:
Queue a staunch defense of user "Scorpius"......
He will tell us that Putin actually runs a more democratic show than any of our countries.

No Tax On Rotax

I haven't seen more crap yet. The site was closed at the request of its Creator - to him all questions. The story of the closure of the site allegedly because of some published news is a fake, designed for idiots. In Russia, the Flightradar24 website works perfectly well, from which basic data on the history of aircraft flights are taken. Can you explain us here, what sense turning a blind site, not urge the primary source of information? This is the type of a cunning plan of the evil KGB?
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am

Scorpius wrote:
notaxonrotax wrote:
Queue a staunch defense of user "Scorpius"......
He will tell us that Putin actually runs a more democratic show than any of our countries.

No Tax On Rotax

I haven't seen more crap yet. The site was closed at the request of its Creator - to him all questions. The story of the closure of the site allegedly because of some published news is a fake, designed for idiots. In Russia, the Flightradar24 website works perfectly well, from which basic data on the history of aircraft flights are taken. Can you explain us here, what sense turning a blind site, not urge the primary source of information? This is the type of a cunning plan of the evil KGB?


Pssst we know about the gru and fsb
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
notaxonrotax wrote:
Queue a staunch defense of user "Scorpius"......
He will tell us that Putin actually runs a more democratic show than any of our countries.

No Tax On Rotax

I haven't seen more crap yet. The site was closed at the request of its Creator - to him all questions. The story of the closure of the site allegedly because of some published news is a fake, designed for idiots. In Russia, the Flightradar24 website works perfectly well, from which basic data on the history of aircraft flights are taken. Can you explain us here, what sense turning a blind site, not urge the primary source of information? This is the type of a cunning plan of the evil KGB?


Pssst we know about the gru and fsb

I didn't find where to add the tag #sarcasm to the last sentence.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8203
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Scorpius wrote:
The site was closed at the request of its Creator - to him all questions.

But he of course cannot speak freely as it is well known that businesses and people across Russia that have any level of influence or visibility to the public can and will be attacked for anything perceived as "anti-Putin" (aka "Anti-Russian"). The courts are often corrupted as a tool to use if needed to attack businesses and direct "talks" with people explaining to them their options (you can do this but you risk yourself your business or your family..." etc.).

The owner could have done it alone himself out of concern or he could have been "contacted" to do so, there is no easy way to know. However one thing for certain is that if it were a free and safe society in Russia he would not have had to close it out of fear of "fake news" etc. as that is not an actual crime and he could have explained the issue. But he is safer to close and not risk the losses that would have been likely possible.

Oh and you can't claim this is not possible, such is possible in any country and it is very prevalent in Russia of today. And yes I know you may think I am making spurious, unfounded attacks against the fine country of Russia.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Tugger wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
The site was closed at the request of its Creator - to him all questions.

But he of course cannot speak freely as it is well known that businesses and people across Russia that have any level of influence or visibility to the public can and will be attacked for anything perceived as "anti-Putin" (aka "Anti-Russian"). The courts are often corrupted as a tool to use if needed to attack businesses and direct "talks" with people explaining to them their options (you can do this but you risk yourself your business or your family..." etc.).

The owner could have done it alone himself out of concern or he could have been "contacted" to do so, there is no easy way to know. However one thing for certain is that if it were a free and safe society in Russia he would not have had to close it out of fear of "fake news" etc. as that is not an actual crime and he could have explained the issue. But he is safer to close and not risk the losses that would have been likely possible.

Oh and you can't claim this is not possible, such is possible in any country and it is very prevalent in Russia of today. And yes I know you may think I am making spurious, unfounded attacks against the fine country of Russia.

Tugg

On the basis of one well-known fact, you developed an entire conspiracy theory from your assumptions. We know exactly one thing - the owner of the site just deleted it. Why and for what reason the site was removed - it is necessary to find out from the owner. Here is, incidentally, his statement: "The owner of the site under the nickname Kiba said that the project-his personal hobby, and the information is compiled from different sites automatically. "I saw the news and decided to delete the site, because we have nothing to do with it. No, I wasn't required to do so. I'm a little tense now, so I took and removed, I don't want to frame anyone," said Kiba.
Your theory about some alleged pressure is just a conspiracy theory. It is denied even by the words of the owner of the remote site. But you, of course, will now start to say that he is in fact intimidated, because this is happening in bad Russia. By the way, I'm not even sure that the site owner lives in Russia.
Here is another argument in favor of my opinion. Next you'll quote the owner of one of the Russian forums in a discussion thread of the news about the closure russianplanes.net:
"I am the owner of this and several other sites, so I know about the forms and methods of work of bodies not from the audience "Echo of Moscow", but personally.
So once again - no one would have demanded from the owner of the rp closure of the site. There is no such. The Barbra Streisand effect useless.
However, since your response is predictable ("Oh, it's him by the door something vital pressed, because he says so"), to continue the argument doesn't make sense
."
Proof: https://aviaforum.ru/threads/pomer-russianplanes-net.45218/page-2#post-2178950
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8203
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
The site was closed at the request of its Creator - to him all questions.

But he of course cannot speak freely as it is well known that businesses and people across Russia that have any level of influence or visibility to the public can and will be attacked for anything perceived as "anti-Putin" (aka "Anti-Russian"). The courts are often corrupted as a tool to use if needed to attack businesses and direct "talks" with people explaining to them their options (you can do this but you risk yourself your business or your family..." etc.).

The owner could have done it alone himself out of concern or he could have been "contacted" to do so, there is no easy way to know. However one thing for certain is that if it were a free and safe society in Russia he would not have had to close it out of fear of "fake news" etc. as that is not an actual crime and he could have explained the issue. But he is safer to close and not risk the losses that would have been likely possible.

Oh and you can't claim this is not possible, such is possible in any country and it is very prevalent in Russia of today. And yes I know you may think I am making spurious, unfounded attacks against the fine country of Russia.

Tugg

On the basis of one well-known fact, you developed an entire conspiracy theory from your assumptions. We know exactly one thing - the owner of the site just deleted it. Why and for what reason the site was removed - it is necessary to find out from the owner. Here is, incidentally, his statement: "The owner of the site under the nickname Kiba said that the project-his personal hobby, and the information is compiled from different sites automatically. "I saw the news and decided to delete the site, because we have nothing to do with it. No, I wasn't required to do so. I'm a little tense now, so I took and removed, I don't want to frame anyone," said Kiba.
Your theory about some alleged pressure is just a conspiracy theory. It is denied even by the words of the owner of the remote site. But you, of course, will now start to say that he is in fact intimidated, because this is happening in bad Russia. By the way, I'm not even sure that the site owner lives in Russia.
Here is another argument in favor of my opinion. Next you'll quote the owner of one of the Russian forums in a discussion thread of the news about the closure russianplanes.net:
"I am the owner of this and several other sites, so I know about the forms and methods of work of bodies not from the audience "Echo of Moscow", but personally.
So once again - no one would have demanded from the owner of the rp closure of the site. There is no such. The Barbra Streisand effect useless.
However, since your response is predictable ("Oh, it's him by the door something vital pressed, because he says so"), to continue the argument doesn't make sense
."
Proof: https://aviaforum.ru/threads/pomer-russianplanes-net.45218/page-2#post-2178950

I know, I know I am sooo silly for coming up all on my own with this idea of "conspiracy" and intimidation! As I said, I expected this response. So it is OK.

That you cannot even admit that intimidation is a common tactic currently used against businesses in Russia is honestly a problem you must deal with (that you can't admit) not me. So carry on and good luck.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Tugger wrote:
I know, I know I am sooo silly for coming up all on my own with this idea of "conspiracy" and intimidation! As I said, I expected this response. So it is OK.

That you cannot even admit that intimidation is a common tactic currently used against businesses in Russia is honestly a problem you must deal with (that you can't admit) not me. So carry on and good luck.

Tugg


These are horror stories for naive foreigners. Business in Russia is not subjected to any intimidation there. If you certainly not believe the intimidation of a tax audit.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6549
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I know, I know I am sooo silly for coming up all on my own with this idea of "conspiracy" and intimidation! As I said, I expected this response. So it is OK.

That you cannot even admit that intimidation is a common tactic currently used against businesses in Russia is honestly a problem you must deal with (that you can't admit) not me. So carry on and good luck.

Tugg


These are horror stories for naive foreigners. Business in Russia is not subjected to any intimidation there. If you certainly not believe the intimidation of a tax audit.


Realy? https://hbr.org/2017/05/navigating-the- ... -in-russia
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8203
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I know, I know I am sooo silly for coming up all on my own with this idea of "conspiracy" and intimidation! As I said, I expected this response. So it is OK.

That you cannot even admit that intimidation is a common tactic currently used against businesses in Russia is honestly a problem you must deal with (that you can't admit) not me. So carry on and good luck.

Tugg


These are horror stories for naive foreigners. Business in Russia is not subjected to any intimidation there. If you certainly not believe the intimidation of a tax audit.

IKR! I am soo silly! The only sites or stories you can believe are ones from inside Russia, anything so called "independent" is either an outside foreign agent attacking Russia and spreading false information or if from within Russia, just dissatisfied and wanting to attacking the very bosom that protects and provides for them! Bad people!
:sarcastic:

As I said, this is your problem, Russia's problem, to deal with (or ignore as you so properly do).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Tugger wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I know, I know I am sooo silly for coming up all on my own with this idea of "conspiracy" and intimidation! As I said, I expected this response. So it is OK.

That you cannot even admit that intimidation is a common tactic currently used against businesses in Russia is honestly a problem you must deal with (that you can't admit) not me. So carry on and good luck.

Tugg


These are horror stories for naive foreigners. Business in Russia is not subjected to any intimidation there. If you certainly not believe the intimidation of a tax audit.

IKR! I am soo silly! The only sites or stories you can believe are ones from inside Russia, anything so called "independent" is either an outside foreign agent attacking Russia and spreading false information or if from within Russia, just dissatisfied and wanting to attacking the very bosom that protects and provides for them! Bad people!
:sarcastic:

As I said, this is your problem, Russia's problem, to deal with (or ignore as you so properly do).

Tugg

Image
come on, tell me, how is life in Russia.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8203
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Scorpius wrote:
come on, tell me, how is life in Russia.

You live it and are the one the must deal with it. No one outside can tell you anything that you don't already know (even if you don't or won't or can't publicly admit to a problem existing).

One thing I can tell you is that a nicely regarded Russian aviation website was recently closed for no reason other than the owner felt it the best course of action for him.

Which again is your problem that you must deal with.

Oh, wait! I have a better one: In Russia you don't tell how life is, Russia tells you!

Much better!

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13492
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Maybe he just couldn't get enough ad or other revenues to run the site, would had to spend a lot of time reviewing material the Government wanted censored or not public knowledge to keep it up and basically lose money or worse.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8203
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:18 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Maybe he just couldn't get enough ad or other revenues to run the site, would had to spend a lot of time reviewing material the Government wanted censored or not public knowledge to keep it up and basically lose money or worse.

Well yes, this might be the case, but honestly it is something one would probably say as to why they closed a site. In fact I believe it is the number one stated reason for a sites closing. That is what Johan indicated when he sold Airliners.net to DM, that the costs and time required and he could not support that.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:44 am

Our media actually reported on this today, not the story itself but on how the Russian media is reporting it. I'm apparently not the only one confused by Russian media being critical of their own government. That's... not something that happens without dead or jailed journalists.
 
User avatar
lollomz
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:21 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 pm

It's a shame, any news about an alternative site with infos on russian planes , productions and fleet available right now?
[url="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/Lollomz"]Image[/url]
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:53 pm

lollomz wrote:
It's a shame, any news about an alternative site with infos on russian planes , productions and fleet available right now?

Not on my radar.
At least with this depth of frame history, with fleet history by frames, photos, etc. -- this one seemed unparalleled.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
WIederling
Posts: 6544
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Phosphorus wrote:
At least with this depth of frame history, with fleet history by frames, photos, etc. -- this one seemed unparalleled.


Look at historic snapshots via archive.org.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm

WIederling wrote:
Phosphorus wrote:
At least with this depth of frame history, with fleet history by frames, photos, etc. -- this one seemed unparalleled.


Look at historic snapshots via archive.org.

Thank you, I know how to use archive.org

It's as much a replacement to a normal online site, as a post-mortem report of someone you knew is a replacement to a discussion with him.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
WIederling
Posts: 6544
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Phosphorus wrote:
It's as much a replacement to a normal online site, as a post-mortem report of someone you knew is a replacement to a discussion with him.


I feel your loss. What kind of compassion would you like? Tuna taste? or something more vegan?
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Topic Author
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:10 am

WIederling wrote:

I feel your loss. What kind of compassion would you like? Tuna taste? or something more vegan?


I'm not a native English speaker, so your apparent attempt of irony, is gibberish to me.

But no, please continue with tuna and veganism and whatnot in your spare time, while browsing archive.org
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 am

Phosphorus wrote:
WIederling wrote:

I feel your loss. What kind of compassion would you like? Tuna taste? or something more vegan?


I'm not a native English speaker, so your apparent attempt of irony, is gibberish to me.

But no, please continue with tuna and veganism and whatnot in your spare time, while browsing archive.org


I'm a native English speaker, it's gibberish to me too. I think he is a non native speaker, but first language unknown. Might be a phrase in some other culture?
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8203
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Is it possible still that the owner could sell the site to another interested party?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
dcajet
Posts: 2772
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:51 pm

On related news. German police, at the request of Argentina, arrested in Berlin a Russian citizen by the name of Andrey Kovalchuk, who is suspected of being the "brain" behind the smuggling of cocaine from Argentina to Russia, under the cover of Russian diplomatic channels.

According to Echo Moskvy, (https://echo.msk.ru/news/2155726-echo.html) the aviation site got into hot water due to some content being published on it, relating to the transportation of certain substances on official planes, more precisely, the "Russia" flight detachment.

Coincidence or not, the Argentinian Border Police, (Gendarmeria Nacional) published a video today of the actual shipment that was intercepted. Towards the end of the video, it also shows some similar bags (Argentinian police sequestered the drug and replaced it with a harmless substance to let the smuggling operation continue) being loaded on to RA-96023. Argentina suspects this was not the first shipment the band was involved in.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2113530-nar ... e-la-banda
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
ei146
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Phosphorus wrote:
WIederling wrote:

I feel your loss. What kind of compassion would you like? Tuna taste? or something more vegan?


I'm not a native English speaker, so your apparent attempt of irony, is gibberish to me.

But no, please continue with tuna and veganism and whatnot in your spare time, while browsing archive.org


I'm a native English speaker, it's gibberish to me too. I think he is a non native speaker, but first language unknown. Might be a phrase in some other culture?


There is a German word "Widerling". I would not use it as a nick though. Look it up in the translator of your choice and you will understand why. But the phrase makes no sense in German as well.
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 pm

The site was created to publish photos of our aircraft. Website Patriotic, it is a dedication to their beauty, to the work of thousands of engineers and designers.

Information on the site was taken from other similar sites:
Photos - airliners.net jetphotos.net flightpix.org Oh.
Rosters and history of the aircraft airfleets.net, planelist.net, ch-aviation.com, aerotransport.org, scramble.nl as well as from published data of Federal air transport Agency.
The history of all flights was taken from the site flightradar24.com - this is a well-known database of flights formed from aircraft defendants. The site contains the history of all flights of all modern aircraft, which often helps in the investigation of air accidents. About the principle of the site you can read the link in Wikipedia: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flightradar24.

In all listed sites, except for the Federal air transport Agency, any visitor can add information on the principle of Wikipedia. Therefore, the quality of information is low, it is easy to fake. The same applied to russianplanes.net Oh.

The site was removed on its own initiative.
https://russianplanes.net/
 
dcajet
Posts: 2772
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:23 am

I am just asking out of curiosity, is it normal for a business in Russia to commit harakiri/self immolate in the altar of (in this case) content purity, overnight, between dusk and dawn, without any previous warnings that this was coming?

Because for most of the rest of the world, that is certainly not the case. In fact, it feels, looks and smells highly suspicious.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm

dcajet wrote:
I am just asking out of curiosity, is it normal for a business in Russia to commit harakiri/self immolate in the altar of (in this case) content purity, overnight, between dusk and dawn, without any previous warnings that this was coming?

Because for most of the rest of the world, that is certainly not the case. In fact, it feels, looks and smells highly suspicious.

Sci-Hub, for example. Or Lurkmore.
These resources make a big hype on the fact that they were allegedly being persecuted in Russia.
At the same time, the owner of Sci-Hub, for example, does not advertise that its resource was banned in the United States by a court decision.
And the owner of Lurkmore somehow shy to tell that its the website in Russia has repeatedly blocked for a violation of Russian law, according to which prohibited free to post information about how cooking and eating is forbidden to the free circulation of narcotic substances. In both cases, a considerable increase in the citation and attendance of resources was achieved with the help of hype.

Or was recently acclaimed the history of the site buran.ru when the Creator said that the site can be closed. In the end, it turned out that the reason could only be a civil suit of the former wife of the owner of the site for the design of the inscription, which allegedly violated copyright. The case eventually came to nothing - the website still works. But a scandal in the media was incredible.
 
Scorpius
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:12 pm

#Rpzhiv! (Kirin, 2018-03-22 23:48)

Friends, good news, RP is back! :)

Circumstances demanded to temporarily disable the site in order to avoid provocations. On the website it is accepted to publish photos under the name, contacts at many are open - and it is difficult to tell to whom journalists hungry for sensations-and not only in the middle of the night would begin to call.

I want to thank everyone who helped and supported these days - first, edition of "the Media" and the leadership of the KLA. I am glad that I was able to restore the domain and enable the site.

While the site is running in restricted mode, all sections are gradually restored. After a few days, everything will work in full mode. If you notice that something is not working or is not working correctly, please write a feedback.

The RP login page lives right here.

#Rpzhiv
https://russianrockets.net/u/7/blog
 
dcajet
Posts: 2772
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Russianplanes.net site closed

Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Circumstances demanded to temporarily disable the site in order to avoid provocations.


Perhaps it is due to translation, but, that statement sounds loaded, at least in English. Guess with the election over, things can go back to "normal"?

In any case, congratulations and keep up the good work highlighting those wonderful Russian planes.

Cheers,
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarkSnowyNight, desmoLCY, Dt91c, Dutchy, sabenapilot and 11 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos