• 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
User avatar
787Driver
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:51 pm

salttee wrote:
787Driver wrote:
As I said, maybe this meeting is exactly what is needed to change things.
So far the only changes have come from the US side in the form of a concession.

Also: Are you sure all the sanctions are all going to remain in place?


No but I can’t imagine Trump being naive enough to begin to remove sanctions before a verifiable denuclearization process has started and can’t be reversed.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6493
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 pm

787Driver wrote:
salttee wrote:
787Driver wrote:
As I said, maybe this meeting is exactly what is needed to change things.
So far the only changes have come from the US side in the form of a concession.

Also: Are you sure all the sanctions are all going to remain in place?


No but I can’t imagine Trump being naive enough to begin to remove sanctions before a verifiable denuclearization process has started and can’t be reversed.


I can....
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm

mham001 wrote:
Grasping at straws. The war games have been " suspended". So what? BFD. They have already been delayed and the worrld did not collapse. It makes perfect sense to a reasonable person, why on earth would anybody voluntarily consider disarming as your enemies point guns at you? Holding war games at this time is hardly going to build any trust. Really pathetic arguements, as if SK will be overrun tomorrow....

First time Kim breaks a promise, then is the time to go back to waving guns around. With the odiocy of ghese arguments, little wonder they never got together sooner.


I couldn't agree more! The same people that were protesting Trump taking a hard line stance against North Korea a few months back are the same ones that can't believe that we would try and aim for peace on the Korean Peninsula. With these people, if Trump is involved then it has to be bad no matter what.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
salttee wrote:
So far the only changes have come from the US side in the form of a concession.

Also: Are you sure all the sanctions are all going to remain in place?


No but I can’t imagine Trump being naive enough to begin to remove sanctions before a verifiable denuclearization process has started and can’t be reversed.


I can....


Sounds personal...seeing as how they have stated that sanctions will remain in place until it is verified that the nukes are no longer in play.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Isn't it hilarious how the same ones that were crying on here a few months ago about how Trump was going hard on North Korea are the same ones crying because Trump is pursuing a peace process on the Korean Peninsula? Y'all never-Trumpers are what's truly wrong with the world. You are so ingrained in your hatred of an individual that you would rather see war break out than have Trump try to broker a peace treaty with North Korea. That's really a sad and pathetic way to live.
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 pm

slider wrote:
As personally loathsome as he may be, the dude is doing what he said he'd do. He's gained more on the issue of North Korea than any POTUS since the Korean War.


This is a lie.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
windy95
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 pm

salttee wrote:
windy95 wrote:
salttee wrote:
They are obviously blindsided.


You are quoting some Lt Col in Korea as your proof of being blind sided? LOL
When you say the military was blind sided that would mean SECDEF and the CJCS knew nothing about it. Not the troops in the field.
And yes sometimes in negotiating you give up something as an Olive branch. Suspending the exercises costs us nothing and can be restarted at any time.
The only thing I will go along with there is the fact that the annual joint exercise "can be restarted at any time" as you say. I fact, it doesn't seem as though planning for it has even been terminated. But that's in the future.

As it stands now, Trump gave away something big politically and in substance. And got nothing in return.


So you will just ignore the blindsided point because you are blinded by Trump Derangement Syndrome. And again he did not give anything away, he "suspended" war games perhaps as a carrot or as a goodwill gesture. Either way it is a good way to de escalate things and make a better environment for future talks. If they play games then the war games will be back on. Pretty simple.
non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam
 
texdravid
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:10 pm

scbriml wrote:
texdravid wrote:
Won’t happen today or tomorrow but this bit of Trumpian diplomacy WITHOUT giving up billions of cash like Obozo gave to the wretched Mullahs has shown all these abhorrent leftists in the media, in western society that you lost and Trump is continuing to win big.


I guess when you're spewing so much bile it makes it difficult to separate fact from fiction, but Obama didn't give up billions, it was Iran's money all along.

bennett123 wrote:
My recollection is that Obama released Iranian money which had been frozen.

It was not US money.


Correct. But the baying dogs wouldn't know the truth if it slapped them in the face. Much like their dear leader.



You’re one the worst baying dogs on the left
So please look in the mirror.

Hypocritical statement.

Also that money was frozen in US banks so YES it was a giveaway to the hated mullahs.

No amount of democrat leftist rhetoric is going to prove that Obama got something for NO inspections after 10 years. Heard of the sunset clause. Obviously you liberals haven’t read that clearly or just want to support your boy messiah. I know the right answer. In affirmative action pajama boy you trust.

Name me one PERMANENT thing that Trump reportedly “gave away”??

You guys are just angry that Trump did it. Plain and simple. Green democrat jealously, the best kind.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:35 pm

Mir wrote:
slider wrote:
As personally loathsome as he may be, the dude is doing what he said he'd do. He's gained more on the issue of North Korea than any POTUS since the Korean War.


This is a lie.


No, it really isn't...
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:50 pm

windy95 wrote:
salttee wrote:
windy95 wrote:

You are quoting some Lt Col in Korea as your proof of being blind sided? LOL
When you say the military was blind sided that would mean SECDEF and the CJCS knew nothing about it. Not the troops in the field.
And yes sometimes in negotiating you give up something as an Olive branch. Suspending the exercises costs us nothing and can be restarted at any time.
The only thing I will go along with there is the fact that the annual joint exercise "can be restarted at any time" as you say. I fact, it doesn't seem as though planning for it has even been terminated. But that's in the future.

As it stands now, Trump gave away something big politically and in substance. And got nothing in return.


So you will just ignore the blindsided point because you are blinded by Trump Derangement Syndrome. And again he did not give anything away, he "suspended" war games perhaps as a carrot or as a goodwill gesture. Either way it is a good way to de escalate things and make a better environment for future talks. If they play games then the war games will be back on. Pretty simple.

As it stands now, Trump gave away something big politically and in substance. And got nothing in return.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 am

salttee wrote:
windy95 wrote:
salttee wrote:
The only thing I will go along with there is the fact that the annual joint exercise "can be restarted at any time" as you say. I fact, it doesn't seem as though planning for it has even been terminated. But that's in the future.

As it stands now, Trump gave away something big politically and in substance. And got nothing in return.


So you will just ignore the blindsided point because you are blinded by Trump Derangement Syndrome. And again he did not give anything away, he "suspended" war games perhaps as a carrot or as a goodwill gesture. Either way it is a good way to de escalate things and make a better environment for future talks. If they play games then the war games will be back on. Pretty simple.

As it stands now, Trump gave away something big politically and in substance. And got nothing in return.


A possible path to peace is nothing in return? De-escalation of the war of words is nothing? Possible removal of nukes from the Korean peninsula is nothing?

Please remove the political binders and learn to play the long game. It isnt about what I get right now for something in return right now. This is about paving a path forward to a potentially peaceful outcome...unless of course you prefer that we just nuke each other?
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
Isn't it hilarious how the same ones that were crying on here a few months ago about how Trump was going hard on North Korea are the same ones crying because Trump is pursuing a peace process on the Korean Peninsula?

He's not "pursuing a peace process", he is politically grandstanding, making out as if he is solving the crisis he himself created just a bit ago. Kim keeps his nukes, keeps his ICBMs, nothing changes. Trump has just put everyone through a lot of drama for nothing. Less than nothing in fact. Previous presidents refused to boost his international status as Trump has done.. Trump has conceded on one of Kim's most freverent demands and got nothing in return. And he has accepted Kim and his regime as they are.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
De-escalation of the war of words is nothing?
Trump is the one who created the "war of words".

LittleSprocket wrote:
Possible removal of nukes from the Korean peninsula is nothing?
Kim is not going to give up his nukes or his ICBMs. What have you been smoking?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10418
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 am

Suspending the war games is a good thing. It's this attitude (the wargames) by the US that led China and Russia into an arms' race, and China colonizing the South China Sea, while Russia annexed parts of Georgia and Ukraine. Because the US does these games but doesn't do anything when there is real action.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 am

Aesma wrote:
Suspending the war games is a good thing. It's this attitude (the wargames) by the US that led China and Russia into an arms' race, and China colonizing the South China Sea, while Russia annexed parts of Georgia and Ukraine. Because the US does these games but doesn't do anything when there is real action.
None of that made any sense.
 
User avatar
aeromoe
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:02 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I wish him luck with this madman, what rational person would not?


Who is the "him" and who is the "madman"?
AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR BY B6 CO CZ DG DL EA EI EN FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI J7 KE KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(1) OZ(2) PA PI PT QQ RM RO RV(1) RV(2) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(2) ZZ 9K
 
Planeflyer
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 am

2122M wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Grasping at straws. The war games have been " suspended". So what? BFD. They have already been delayed and the worrld did not collapse. It makes perfect sense to a reasonable person, why on earth would anybody voluntarily consider disarming as your enemies point guns at you? Holding war games at this time is hardly going to build any trust. Really pathetic arguements, as if SK will be overrun tomorrow....

First time Kim breaks a promise, then is the time to go back to waving guns around. With the odiocy of ghese arguments, little wonder they never got together sooner.


Kim has to make a promise in order to break one. Right now we have nothing but a dog and pony show in Singapore and a cancelled military exercise.



It’s good to see all the posters that loved the Iran deal so concerned that Trump will wind up appeasing Kim. Laughable as this is, using appeasement as yardstick is fine with me.

In case anyone doubts the Iran deal was out and out appeasement consider the following:

The deal kicked off with a payment.

All the countries in the region hated it. How many times does Kuwait, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Turkey all agree?

The Obama administration hid details and never submitted it to the Congress for treaty review.

The Europeans, who have a long track record of appeasement and directly benefited financially from the deal were its only supporters.

Now Consider NK on the same points.

Hostages were returned before a public meeting was held.

All the countries in the region not only support it but are helping make it happen.

Meetings are being held in the open with signed announcements.

Trump is not leading from behind( told those that were listening everything we needed to know) but negotiating from a position of strength.

Finally for all of you who just started paying attention to Korea a year ago while Kim got value from the meeting so did we. Namely for 65 years the North has put up with privations in large part because they have been brainwashed into thinking an attack was imminent. The summit just took some air out of that story.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 am

One of the differences is that Iran has never attacked the US or it's forces wheras little Kim's grandad snookered idle US soldiers and Marines and killed 35,000 of them. Iran is no threat to the US or to the US interests unless you are under some delusion that Saudi Arabia is our friend.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5999
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 am

salttee wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Possible removal of nukes from the Korean peninsula is nothing?
Kim is not going to give up his nukes or his ICBMs. What have you been smoking?

If they really did sign some kind of binding agreement, Kim would have to. They know they will be under a microscope.

And ceasing the war games is nothing. The US knows as well as NK that the regime would be powerless in a week if we actually invaded.
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:44 am

TWA772LR wrote:
If they really did sign some kind of binding agreement, Kim would have to. They know they will be under a microscope.
But they signed no such agreement.
Trump merely validated the NK regime; the US has withheld that recognition for over seventy years until Trump gave it to them on his own.

TWA772LR wrote:
And ceasing the war games is nothing. The US knows as well as NK that the regime would be powerless in a week if we actually invaded.
You don't know much about military matters do you? You're a mile off on both points. Keeping forces from different nations is never easy, those maneuvers are important to the military. Your description of a military clash on the Korean peninsula sounds like something out of the mouth of an 11 year old.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 am

salttee wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Isn't it hilarious how the same ones that were crying on here a few months ago about how Trump was going hard on North Korea are the same ones crying because Trump is pursuing a peace process on the Korean Peninsula?

He's not "pursuing a peace process", he is politically grandstanding, making out as if he is solving the crisis he himself created just a bit ago. Kim keeps his nukes, keeps his ICBMs, nothing changes. Trump has just put everyone through a lot of drama for nothing. Less than nothing in fact. Previous presidents refused to boost his international status as Trump has done.. Trump has conceded on one of Kim's most freverent demands and got nothing in return. And he has accepted Kim and his regime as they are.

Interesting interpretation of events. But I think that you are glossing over a few things that are relevant:

1)
salttee wrote:
Kim keeps his nukes, keeps his ICBMs, nothing changes.
Trump cannot be blamed for this. Its a fact of life that was true during the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations. We are going to have to figure out how to live with North Korea having nukes. Just like we did with every other country that got them. As long as China is happy with the prospect of a nuclear North Korea right next door there is nothing we can do about it. Perhaps in 25 years after the North and South have united China will regret this.

2)
salttee wrote:
Trump has conceded on one of Kim's most freverent demands and got nothing in return.
This is not correct - North Korea released their prisoners and destroyed their nuke testing complex.

And, finally, for all the lefts rants about Trump being a madman, you/they cannot deal with Trump de-escalating things with North Korea.

I'll leave you with this wonderful video of then candidate Obama describing how we need a new foriegn policy where we talk with our enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF37OKAKJMU

BOOM

Mike Drop
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 am

MikeDrop wrote:
salttee wrote:
Kim keeps his nukes, keeps his ICBMs, nothing changes.
Trump cannot be blamed for this. Its a fact of life that was true during the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations. We are going to have to figure out how to live with North Korea having nukes. Just like we did with every other country that got them. As long as China is happy with the prospect of a nuclear North Korea right next door there is nothing we can do about it. Perhaps in 25 years after the North and South have united China will regret this.

Then all the noise. all the insults Trump heaped on Kim earlier, all the bellicose talk was all about nothing?


after the North and South have united................
They are not going to unite over any of this. If they united, Kim would lose all his power, that's about as likely to happen as Stalin Qaddafi or Idi Amin surrendering power peacefully. Have you forgotten that NK is a dictatorship that allows its citizens no freedoms whatsoever?

North Korea released their prisoners and destroyed their nuke testing complex.
They released the prisoners before the "summit" and their nuke laboratories were no doubt in need of replacement now that they have their nukes and the frenzied program to obtain them is over. There was no agreement or mention of the ICBM program which was the current hot button issue before Trumpsters swept it under the rug.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5999
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 am

salttee wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
If they really did sign some kind of binding agreement, Kim would have to. They know they will be under a microscope.
But they signed no such agreement.
Trump merely validated the NK regime; the US has withheld that recognition for over seventy years until Trump gave it to them on his own.

TWA772LR wrote:
And ceasing the war games is nothing. The US knows as well as NK that the regime would be powerless in a week if we actually invaded.
You don't know much about military matters do you? You're a mile off on both points. Keeping forces from different nations is never easy, those maneuvers are important to the military. Your description of a military clash on the Korean peninsula sounds like something out of the mouth of an 11 year old.

Uhhhhhh no i iz stoopid bcoz i iz no salttee. Cut the shit man. Trump could cure cancer and you'd still find a way to say he's the devil.

How am I off on my points? Invading other countries isn't something you just forget to do overnight because you cease war games with another country. Please tell me of all the times the US staged active war games prior to overthrowing Hitler, Mussolini, Gaddafi, Hussein, etc... Show me all of your wonderful evidence that you have on Trump not going into this without being advised by ANYONE in the United States Department of Defense. If you don't like it, kiss the appropriate asses to climb the ranks in the US political structure to make a change. Until then, don't doubt the prowess of the military that defends our country, because you know everything I have said is right. North Korea will be crushed. Kim will be out of power in a short time. The military knows exactly how to take down the regime. Hell, if freakin' NHK can make a Google Earth map of AAA batteries around Pyongyang (watch Inside the Kimdom on YouTube), then I'm pretty sure the Pentagon knows exactly where to place Tomahawk missiles, and that's barring a nuclear conflict, which we will make the northern half of the Korean Peninsula unlivable for centuries to come if that ever happens, which it won't.
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 am

salttee wrote:
Then all the noise. all the insults Trump heaped on Kim earlier, all the bellicose talk was all about nothing?
No, not nothing. In case you missed it there was a summit yesterday where for the first time ever the US and North Korea sat down and had a serious discussion about the future. This didn't happen by accident.

salttee wrote:
They are not going to unite over any of this. If they united, Kim would lose all his power, that's about as likely to happen as Stalin Qaddafi or Idi Amin surrendering power peacefully. Have you forgotten that NK is a dictatorship that allows its citizens no freedoms whatsoever?
Wow, you are quite the prognosticator. You really sound like you think that you know what you are talking about. The reality is that no one knows the future. And everyone has a price. The sad truth is that even if the North wanted to capitulate like East Germany back in the day it would take decades to integrate. Maybe 25 years isn't long enough, but there is a clear desire in both the north and south to reunite, the only question is how and when.

salttee wrote:
They released the prisoners before the "summit" and their nuke laboratories were no doubt in need of replacement now that they have their nukes and the frenzied program to obtain them is over. There was no agreement or mention of the ICBM program which was the current hot button issue before Trumpsters swept it under the rug.
Boy, you should be working for the state department with your worldly understanding of diplomacy and geopolitics. Truly amazing.

BOOM


Mike Drop
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4483
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 am

MikeDrop wrote:
We are going to have to figure out how to live with North Korea having nukes.


You're kidding, right?
Trump has gone on forever on the denuclearization of NK... Now you say we have to accept the fact that they have nukes and leave them alone, while the only concession they give is stopping nuclear test from a site that they had rendered unusable just prior to the negotiations?
Just because Trump changes his narrative every time he wears a new shirt doesn't mean those with a brain are going to forget what he said.

MikeDrop wrote:
North Korea released their prisoners and destroyed their nuke testing complex.


BEFORE the 'negotiations'... As I said, the site was useless anyway, and the prisoners were a sweetener to get Trump to come to the table, which worked.

MikeDrop wrote:
you/they cannot deal with Trump de-escalating things with North Korea.


He's the one who escalated the situation in the first place, starting a 6th-grade level twitter insult battle with a dictator!
What World do you live in that suddenly changes depending on what the political leader you idolize says or does?... I imagine this is what living in NK must be like.

This meeting only ended in an agreement to not escalate. Trump's promise to stop military exercises in the region came after and, it seems, as a surprise to the US' allies and the Pentagon itself...

I am not saying this is not a step in the right direction, but this is barely the start of what needs to be done with NK. We are nowhere near denuclearization of NK, much less its opening to the World and tackling its massive human rights issues (not that those seem to interest Trump anyway). So far, all I see is PR, and a voluntary weakening of the US' strategic presence in the region, decided by Trump alone without any input from his advisers.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Please tell me of all the times the US staged active war games prior to overthrowing Hitler, Mussolini...............
It took George Marshall four years to get the US into a position to invade France. There were lots and lots of war games.

TWA772LR wrote:
Show me all of your wonderful evidence that you have on Trump not going into this without being advised by ANYONE in the United States Department of Defense.
Mattis's statements to the press the day before the "summit" he indicated there would be no changes and added that "Yes I would know" when he was asked if he was sure.


TWA772LR wrote:
If you don't like it, kiss the appropriate asses to climb the ranks in the US political structure to make a change.
Until then, don't doubt the prowess of the military that defends our country, because you know everything I have said is right. North Korea will be crushed. Kim will be out of power in a short time. The military knows exactly how to take down the regime.
You know nothing about military matters; as I said above you sound like an 11 year old.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:29 am

MikeDrop wrote:
In case you missed it there was a summit yesterday where for the first time ever the US and North Korea sat down and had a serious discussion about the future. This didn't happen by accident.
Every other US President refused to meet with NK leadership until they recognized the SK government and later they refused until NK abandoned the nukes. That's Dems and Repubs. Trump gave the store away for some cheap publicity.

Mike, you have nothing.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5999
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 am

salttee wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Please tell me of all the times the US staged active war games prior to overthrowing Hitler, Mussolini...............
It took George Marshall four years to get the US into a position to invade France. There were lots and lots of war games.

TWA772LR wrote:
Show me all of your wonderful evidence that you have on Trump not going into this without being advised by ANYONE in the United States Department of Defense.
Mattis's statements to the press the day before the "summit" he indicated there would be no changes and added that "Yes I would know" when he was asked if he was sure.


TWA772LR wrote:
If you don't like it, kiss the appropriate asses to climb the ranks in the US political structure to make a change.
Until then, don't doubt the prowess of the military that defends our country, because you know everything I have said is right. North Korea will be crushed. Kim will be out of power in a short time. The military knows exactly how to take down the regime.
You know nothing about military matters; as I said above you sound like an 11 year old.

1. Yes because Sherman and Renault tanks stormed the beaches of Maine in a mock invasion of Normandy. Wars take time to plan, but the point was (that you clearly missed) is that the US didnt do any large scale multinational war games in the lead up to World War 2 before Pearl Harbor. No one thought it was going to happen. Korea is different because we've been waiting for Korea 2 for 70 years now.

2. You didnt show me how Trump wasnt advised by the DoD or even asked for their take.

3. Ok General Salltee.
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 am

Francoflier wrote:
Now you say we have to accept the fact that they have nukes and leave them alone, while the only concession they give is stopping nuclear test from a site that they had rendered unusable just prior to the negotiations? Just because Trump changes his narrative every time he wears a new shirt doesn't mean those with a brain are going to forget what he said.

Yes - The sad fact is that they have nukes. Not one of the last three presidents did a single thing to stop it, so stop with the partisan crap and stop blaming Trump for something that was in process for the last 20 years.

Francoflier wrote:
BEFORE the 'negotiations'... As I said, the site was useless anyway, and the prisoners were a sweetener to get Trump to come to the table, which worked.
So you believe that the negotiations started when they met face to face? Really? Have you read a single history book? Like a real one? Holy sh#t you really think that the negotiations started when they met face to face? HAHAHAHAHAHA thats funny.

Francoflier wrote:
He's the one who escalated the situation in the first place, starting a 6th-grade level twitter insult battle with a dictator! What World do you live in that suddenly changes depending on what the political leader you idolize says or does?.

Really? Here is a nice article for you: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... f2c61ff8d9 it lists all of the nuclear tests by the North:
    October 2006: Analysts determine that North Korea has conducted its first nuclear test.
    May 2009: North Korea conducts its second nuclear weapons test.
    February 2013: Kim Jong Un, then newly in power, conducts his first nuclear test as leader.
    January 2016: North Korea claims to have conducted a fourth nuclear test, far underground.
    September 2016: North Korea conducts a fifth nuclear test.

Seems like there has been A LOT of escalation by the north over the past 8 years. Too bad President Obama was such a shi##y negotiator that he couldn't get the North Koreans to the negotiating table, like he said he would. Thank the Maker that he is not president any more. What a tool he was.

Francoflier wrote:
This meeting only ended in an agreement to not escalate. Trump's promise to stop military exercises in the region came after and, it seems, as a surprise to the US' allies and the Pentagon itself...


So you are admiting that there was an agreement to deescalate the situation. Thank god for President Trump.

BOOM

Mike Drop
 
c933103
Posts: 2674
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:44 am

TWA772LR wrote:
salttee wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Possible removal of nukes from the Korean peninsula is nothing?
Kim is not going to give up his nukes or his ICBMs. What have you been smoking?

If they really did sign some kind of binding agreement, Kim would have to. They know they will be under a microscope.

And ceasing the war games is nothing. The US knows as well as NK that the regime would be powerless in a week if we actually invaded.

Kim said, and signed agreement with South Korean government, that they will work together toward the ultimate goal of a denuclearized Korean peninsula a month and so ago when he meet with the South Korean president Moon too. And they said it since 1990s, just like what Kim Jong Un said it was his father Kim Jong Il's ideal to denuclearize the peninsula in the future. This is the sort if time scale we are talking about when we say North Korea signed an agreement to denuclearize in the future.
 
c933103
Posts: 2674
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
Now you say we have to accept the fact that they have nukes and leave them alone, while the only concession they give is stopping nuclear test from a site that they had rendered unusable just prior to the negotiations? Just because Trump changes his narrative every time he wears a new shirt doesn't mean those with a brain are going to forget what he said.

Yes - The sad fact is that they have nukes. Not one of the last three presidents did a single thing to stop it, so stop with the partisan crap and stop blaming Trump for something that was in process for the last 20 years.

And Trump opted to RECOGNIZE it.
Francoflier wrote:
BEFORE the 'negotiations'... As I said, the site was useless anyway, and the prisoners were a sweetener to get Trump to come to the table, which worked.
So you believe that the negotiations started when they met face to face? Really? Have you read a single history book? Like a real one? Holy sh#t you really think that the negotiations started when they met face to face? HAHAHAHAHAHA thats funny.

Then what are you going to count? the invitation of North Korea to the winter game, which was the idea of South Korean government? The idea to organize Inter-Korea and KP-US summit, which again are idea from the Korean side, or the idea of having North Korea declaring the goal of denuclearization, which was also included as a term in the Inter-Korea summit, and was also mentioned by North Korea many times?
Francoflier wrote:
He's the one who escalated the situation in the first place, starting a 6th-grade level twitter insult battle with a dictator! What World do you live in that suddenly changes depending on what the political leader you idolize says or does?.

Really? Here is a nice article for you: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... f2c61ff8d9 it lists all of the nuclear tests by the North:
    October 2006: Analysts determine that North Korea has conducted its first nuclear test.
    May 2009: North Korea conducts its second nuclear weapons test.
    February 2013: Kim Jong Un, then newly in power, conducts his first nuclear test as leader.
    January 2016: North Korea claims to have conducted a fourth nuclear test, far underground.
    September 2016: North Korea conducts a fifth nuclear test.

Seems like there has been A LOT of escalation by the north over the past 8 years. Too bad President Obama was such a shi##y negotiator that he couldn't get the North Koreans to the negotiating table, like he said he would. Thank the Maker that he is not president any more. What a tool he was.

The 2009 nuclear test basically ended all possibility to talk and so as the change in power in North Korea requiring North Korea to display a more rigid approach to nuclear in order to solidify control. The only problems here is Obama didn't gather enough support on a strike against North Korea within his term, which was only really building up in the last year or so.

Francoflier wrote:
This meeting only ended in an agreement to not escalate. Trump's promise to stop military exercises in the region came after and, it seems, as a surprise to the US' allies and the Pentagon itself...


So you are admiting that there was an agreement to deescalate the situation. Thank god for President Trump.

BOOM

Mike Drop

The de-escalation helps North Korea immensely.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 am

TWA772LR wrote:
salttee wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Please tell me of all the times the US staged active war games prior to overthrowing Hitler, Mussolini...............
It took George Marshall four years to get the US into a position to invade France. There were lots and lots of war games.

TWA772LR wrote:
Show me all of your wonderful evidence that you have on Trump not going into this without being advised by ANYONE in the United States Department of Defense.
Mattis's statements to the press the day before the "summit" he indicated there would be no changes and added that "Yes I would know" when he was asked if he was sure.


TWA772LR wrote:
If you don't like it, kiss the appropriate asses to climb the ranks in the US political structure to make a change.
Until then, don't doubt the prowess of the military that defends our country, because you know everything I have said is right. North Korea will be crushed. Kim will be out of power in a short time. The military knows exactly how to take down the regime.
You know nothing about military matters; as I said above you sound like an 11 year old.

1. Yes because Sherman and Renault tanks stormed the beaches of Maine in a mock invasion of Normandy. Wars take time to plan, but the point was (that you clearly missed) is that the US didnt do any large scale multinational war games in the lead up to World War 2 before Pearl Harbor. No one thought it was going to happen. Korea is different because we've been waiting for Korea 2 for 70 years now.

2. You didnt show me how Trump wasnt advised by the DoD or even asked for their take.
Your lack of knowledge of military matters is remarkable considering how much you talk about the subject. Before Pearl Harbor there was no real thought of multinational action. The 1940 election was about whether Wendel Willkie was more of a pacifist or was Roosevelt the bigger pacifist - the Republicans were attacking Roosevelt for being a war monger, so the US had to exist with its depression era army until Marshall could get started building it up after the election.

Sorry you missed Mathis's words even though the MSM brought Mathis's words to you.
Last edited by salttee on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
c933103
Posts: 2674
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Grasping at straws. The war games have been " suspended". So what? BFD. They have already been delayed and the worrld did not collapse. It makes perfect sense to a reasonable person, why on earth would anybody voluntarily consider disarming as your enemies point guns at you? Holding war games at this time is hardly going to build any trust. Really pathetic arguements, as if SK will be overrun tomorrow....

First time Kim breaks a promise, then is the time to go back to waving guns around. With the odiocy of ghese arguments, little wonder they never got together sooner.


I couldn't agree more! The same people that were protesting Trump taking a hard line stance against North Korea a few months back are the same ones that can't believe that we would try and aim for peace on the Korean Peninsula. With these people, if Trump is involved then it has to be bad no matter what.

Even if we look at it from the angle of PEACE, Trump still failed to deliver the expected peace treaty between North Korea, South Korea, and the US.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 am

Mike, what does BOOM mean?
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 am

c933103 wrote:
Even if we look at it from the angle of PEACE, Trump still failed to deliver the expected peace treaty between North Korea, South Korea, and the US.

OMG you are really off the deep end. There was 0 as in ZEREO expectation of any treaty coming out of this meeting. This is just the typical left with garbage trying to paint Trump as a failure. Keep it up - it will only help Trump in the next election.

BOOM

Mike Drop
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am

salttee wrote:
Mike, what does BOOM mean?

Its the sound of you losing an argument..... badly...

BOOM

Mike Drop
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:03 am

Sure Mike, LOL.

Is it cozy there in your own little world?
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 am

Francoflier wrote:
He's the one who escalated the situation in the first place, starting a 6th-grade level twitter insult battle with a dictator! What World do you live in that suddenly changes depending on what the political leader you idolize says or does?.


c933103 wrote:
The de-escalation helps North Korea immensely.


What a wonderful circular argument you left wingers have created - in the same reply. Do you even read what you type? Seriously, get a clue!

BOOM!

Mike Drop
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 am

Mike doesn't get subtlety or nuance he's more of a black/white BOOM BOOM type of guy.
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 am

MikeDrop wrote:
2)
salttee wrote:
Trump has conceded on one of Kim's most freverent demands and got nothing in return.
This is not correct - North Korea released their prisoners and destroyed their nuke testing complex.


This is not correct. Analysis of the destruction of the testing complex revealed that it was superficial damage that would be easily repaired if North Korea wanted to get it going again.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/01/poli ... index.html

It was all a show, and you've bought it hook, line and sinker.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 am

salttee wrote:
Mike doesn't get subtlety or nuance he's more of a black/white BOOM BOOM type of guy.

This from someone who thinks that the negotiations started when Trump and Un met face to face and that deferring a military exercise puts the US in mortal danger. Pretty typical - when a lefty loses an argument he/she/ze starts in with the insults. Give it a rest and go find something else to be mad at Trump about.

BOOM!!

Mike Drop
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:17 am

Oh, the irony!

BTW
He didn't just defer the annual exercise, he proclaimed it "provocative".
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:18 am

Mir wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
2)
salttee wrote:
Trump has conceded on one of Kim's most freverent demands and got nothing in return.
This is not correct - North Korea released their prisoners and destroyed their nuke testing complex.


This is not correct. Analysis of the destruction of the testing complex revealed that it was superficial damage that would be easily repaired if North Korea wanted to get it going again.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/01/poli ... index.html

It was all a show, and you've bought it hook, line and sinker.

Too be sure, all negotiations are fraught with risk, and yes, this may not be successful if Un decides to restart his program. But any negotiation has to start somewhere. I think that it is worth the risk to take it at face value... for now.... don't you? Or does your hate for Trump require you to demand failure?

Mike Drop
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 am

salttee wrote:
Oh, the irony!

BTW
He didn't just defer the annual exercise, he proclaimed it "provocative".


LOL, I thought that someone with your expertise in subtlety and nuance would understand what the President meant.

Oh well, cant win them all.

BOOM!!!!

Mike Drop
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:24 am

Mir wrote:
Analysis of the destruction of the testing complex revealed that it was superficial damage that would be easily repaired if North Korea wanted to get it going again.
My thinking is that it's probably badly contaminated and utterly outdated. Now that they have a reserve of weapons their research needs are different than before anyway. Now they're focusing on miniaturization. They don't need 10,000 weapons like the US or Russia. They just need a few to make an invasion of NK from the south unpalatable.
 
c933103
Posts: 2674
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am

MikeDrop wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Even if we look at it from the angle of PEACE, Trump still failed to deliver the expected peace treaty between North Korea, South Korea, and the US.

OMG you are really off the deep end. There was 0 as in ZEREO expectation of any treaty coming out of this meeting. This is just the typical left with garbage trying to paint Trump as a failure. Keep it up - it will only help Trump in the next election.

BOOM

Mike Drop

Moon Jae In was even going to fly into Singapore for a co-declaration of end of Korean War although that ultimately didn't happened
MikeDrop wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
He's the one who escalated the situation in the first place, starting a 6th-grade level twitter insult battle with a dictator! What World do you live in that suddenly changes depending on what the political leader you idolize says or does?.


c933103 wrote:
The de-escalation helps North Korea immensely.


What a wonderful circular argument you left wingers have created - in the same reply. Do you even read what you type? Seriously, get a clue!

BOOM!

Mike Drop

1. Are you so deep into partisan politics that nake you think there
are only two kind of political opinion in the world, the left and the right?
2. As I have mentioned above, his ignorant in his words and messages almost caused the meeting to be cancelled. Unfortunately Kim realized it is more advantageous to use this kind of ignorant and decided to ignore those comments and pursue the summit regardless.
Last edited by c933103 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5999
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am

salttee wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
salttee wrote:
It took George Marshall four years to get the US into a position to invade France. There were lots and lots of war games.

Mattis's statements to the press the day before the "summit" he indicated there would be no changes and added that "Yes I would know" when he was asked if he was sure.


You know nothing about military matters; as I said above you sound like an 11 year old.

1. Yes because Sherman and Renault tanks stormed the beaches of Maine in a mock invasion of Normandy. Wars take time to plan, but the point was (that you clearly missed) is that the US didnt do any large scale multinational war games in the lead up to World War 2 before Pearl Harbor. No one thought it was going to happen. Korea is different because we've been waiting for Korea 2 for 70 years now.

2. You didnt show me how Trump wasnt advised by the DoD or even asked for their take.
Your lack of knowledge of military matters is remarkable considering how much you talk about the subject. Before Pearl Harbor there was no real thought of multinational action. The 1940 election was about whether Wendel Willkie was more of a pacifist or was Roosevelt the bigger pacifist - the Republicans were attacking Roosevelt for being a war monger, so the US had to exist with its depression era army until Marshall could get started building it up after the election.

Sorry you missed Mathis's words even though the MSM brought Mathis's words to you.

You still havent showed me the evidence of the US and the Allies staging large scale high profile war games to fight the Axis powers.

And salltee (more apropos to call you salty at this point) if I (or you for that matter) had any kind of high-up military or foreign diplomacy background i sure as hell wouldnt be entertaining a website like airliners.net with this. But clearly you were Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense at the same time and you cant help but to lick your wounds because you were defeated by Trump personally for position of Supreme Dictator of Planet Earth and the Universe. Now, im going to return to my cheap beer and hot tub because its a beautiful night here in Colorado. Youre no longer worth my time.
c933103 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
salttee wrote:
Kim is not going to give up his nukes or his ICBMs. What have you been smoking?

If they really did sign some kind of binding agreement, Kim would have to. They know they will be under a microscope.

And ceasing the war games is nothing. The US knows as well as NK that the regime would be powerless in a week if we actually invaded.

Kim said, and signed agreement with South Korean government, that they will work together toward the ultimate goal of a denuclearized Korean peninsula a month and so ago when he meet with the South Korean president Moon too. And they said it since 1990s, just like what Kim Jong Un said it was his father Kim Jong Il's ideal to denuclearize the peninsula in the future. This is the sort if time scale we are talking about when we say North Korea signed an agreement to denuclearize in the future.

Did Kim Jong Il sign that deal with the president of SK at the time in person? Legitimately asking.
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
salttee
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am

MikeDrop wrote:
LOL, I thought that someone with your expertise in subtlety and nuance would understand what the President meant.

You don't understand the significance of Trump calling the annual exercise by the US, SK and Japan "provocative" do you? Neither did Trump apparently. It puts future negotiators in a bad position. But I guess you just think future negotiators can just say BOOM BOOM and everything will be OK again Eh?


BOOM BOOM LOL
 
tommy1808
Posts: 8634
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 am

mham001 wrote:
Destroying their missile engine test site is not insignificant. Hopefully they will cease some of their internet shenanigans as well. Even the Germans would benefit from that..


the test side they have dismantled before the meeting?

Fact is and will remain: North Korea went into the negotiations with goals, and they got all their goals. The US went into the meeting with goals and got back with what already has been official North Korean policy.

But the POW/KIA´s bodies thing is really nice, it is rather surprising that Trump thought about asking something that may give other people peace.

FreequentFlier wrote:
Taking a wait and see approach is likely the optimal strategy here.


Which is what the previous US governments did after reaching the virtually same agreement in 1996, so 22 years later we just came full circle.

Though it is amusing watching our resident US critics, who frequently bemoan US "militarism" reduced to complaining that a US President is quite literally ending a military "war games" preparatory scenario.

It's reasons such as these why they don't deserve to be taken seriously. Mindless partisan hackery has consequences, including the tendency to make one look foolish.


Nice straw-man you´ve made up there. I on record in many places in this forum that military action is appropriate in quite some cases, and those cases are independent of who´s flag is on the equipment.

What irritates you is people not granting the US unlimited right to wage war against whomever for any reason and treating it as any other country, even a primus inter pares is that just inter pares. If not, they stop being primus.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 987
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Trump and Kim Jong-un to meet in historic summit

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 am

windy95 wrote:
salttee wrote:
windy95 wrote:
Part of negotiations sometimes is giving up something for nothing.
Huh???

windy95 wrote:
And no his own military was not blind sided in this deal.


They are obviously blindsided.
Lt. Col. Jennifer Lovett, a United States military spokeswoman in South Korea, said in an email that the American command there “has received no updated guidance on execution or cessation of training exercises — to include this fall’s schedule Ulchi Freedom Guardian.”

“We will continue with our current military posture until we receive updated guidance from the Department of Defense,” she added.


You are quoting some Lt Col in Korea as your proof of being blind sided? LOL

When you say the military was blind sided that would mean SECDEF and the CJCS knew nothing about it. Not the troops in the field.

And yes sometimes in negotiating you give up something as an Olive branch. Suspending the exercises costs us nothing and can be restarted at any time.


Believe me, it wouldn't be the first time Trumps done something on a whim that no one's prepared for. Are you telling me you're on the inside and haven't noticed the chaos this admins been creating? Because that's not what I've been seeing. We'd all be relieved if he had his administration ready with the relevant details when he makes these sudden decisions. It tells me he's consulting with absolutely no one prior to these announcements.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: falstaff and 9 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos