TheFlyingDisk

Re: Six people in hospital after five separate London stabbings

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:06 am

Hate crime? Brexit-motivated supremacists going around killing blacks & foreigners?
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

coolian2

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 am

Normal wild night?
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900

JJJ

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:04 am

What do you expect of the country that uses glass as a verb?

Plus: gangs. At least they don't have (many) guns.

LAH1

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:07 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Hate crime? Brexit-motivated supremacists going around killing blacks & foreigners?

Far from it by all accounts so don't jump on the Brexit bandwagon. Drug crime is what is being focused on by all accounts. And it tends to be, although not entirely, black on black. Knife crime rather than gun crime is becoming a part of life in some small sections of society in the inner boroughs.

ltbewr

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:14 am

The other day in the NYC Metro freebee newspaper had an article that in February there were a few more murders in London than in NYC, both cities of similar size.
In the UK and EU in general and unlike the USA, knives have long been the weapon of choice by criminal gangs and general criminals, along with their use in 'honor killings' by some of certain faith groups and cultures. The UK has strict laws as to certain types of knives very strict laws and cultural differences as to guns Apparently the rise and conflicts of local street criminal gangs explains the rise of murders in London.

2122M

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:38 pm

ltbewr wrote:
The other day in the NYC Metro freebee newspaper had an article that in February there were a few more murders in London than in NYC, both cities of similar size.
In the UK and EU in general and unlike the USA, knives have long been the weapon of choice by criminal gangs and general criminals, along with their use in 'honor killings' by some of certain faith groups and cultures. The UK has strict laws as to certain types of knives very strict laws and cultural differences as to guns Apparently the rise and conflicts of local street criminal gangs explains the rise of murders in London.

Did a little digging on that study, and looking at all the facts paints a more interesting picture. I'll paste the link below, but essentially the murder rate in London was higher by 4 (15 to 11) in February and higher by 1 (22-21) in March. However, NYC reported 18 in January to 8 in London that month. That means you really have to zoom into to a tiny data set to come to the conclusion that London is more violent than NYC, but it is true that on average the gap is shrinking.

Furthermore, the shrinking of that gap has almost everything to do with crime coming way down in NYC as opposed to any rise in crime in London. In fact, NYC crime has been dropping dramatically in that last 7-8 years and London's crime rate has stayed relatively flat.

It would appear, based on the facts, that the immigration surge in the UK hasn't moved the needle on crime at all.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43628494

scbriml

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:11 pm

LAH1 wrote:
And it tends to be, although not entirely, black on black.

Ah, in that case we can discount it.

Signed,
a.net's gun nutz.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

LAH1

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:28 pm

scbriml wrote:
LAH1 wrote:
And it tends to be, although not entirely, black on black.

Ah, in that case we can discount it.

Signed,
a.net's gun nutz.

Absolutely not. I was answering the idea that it was nationalistic supremacists wiping out foreigners by poster TheFlyingDisc. Unless, of course your sarcasm wasn't aimed at me.

Aesma

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Isn't NYC helped by accelerated gentrification ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

CCGPV

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:22 pm

What race of people and political party can we blame for this mayhem?
Stay curious

scbriml

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm

LAH1 wrote:
Unless, of course your sarcasm wasn't aimed at me.

Not at you, no. Sorry if you thought that.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:53 pm

2122M wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
In the UK and EU in general and unlike the USA, knives have long been the weapon of choice by criminal gangs and general criminals, along with their use in 'honor killings' by some of certain faith groups and cultures.

Did a little digging on that study, and looking at all the facts paints a more interesting picture.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43628494

I did a bit of digging too. Actually quite a lot of digging.
Firstly I checked that the areas covered by the respective police forces were comparable, just to guard against the possibility that whilst NY & London are indeed similar, the police forces were not.
Both forces protect 8-8½ million people, a roughly comparable land area, a major river, and even a major airport (JFK, LHR).
NYPD has ca 40,000 officers plus 15,000 support staff
London Met Police is slightly smaller with 31,000 officers plus 12,000 support staff
Both have lots of vehicles, a handful of boats, a few helicopters, and some horses.
One area of difference; NYPD boasts 34 dogs (mostly German Shepherd); London Met claims a much larger 250 dogs, but declines to identify them by breed.
And finally the annual budgets of $5.6 billion and £3.2 billion are broadly comparable, particularly in view of differing staff numbers.

So, overall I would suggest the London Met Police has around 80% of the resources of the NYPD, for a similar population. That's good enough for me.

NYPD has lost 830 officers in the line of duty since 1900, including 23 on 9/11, plus another 129 from 9/11 related illnesses.
The contamination in the air at the World Trade Center site caused many rescue personnel to become extremely ill, and eventually led to the death of several rescue workers. Even so, 129 seems ..... unfortunate.
I will comment that the overall figure includes what would appear to be non-violent deaths-in-service, such as "boating accident", "heart attack" and "struck by streetcar"

The Wikipedia page covering the Metropolitan Police doesn't give a number; instead it lists each officer individually by name. The list is long, but nowhere near 830
And here too we find curious entries such as "Collapsed and died while dispersing a nuisance crowd", and "Fell through roof while searching a premises"

And now for the nitty-gritty;
The last NYPD officer killed by gunfire was nine months ago in July 2017. Total since 1900 is 309
The last Met Police officer killed by gunfire was.....22 years ago in 1995. Total since 1900 is ......16
:scratchchin:

But, as this thread is about stabbings, I'll finish off with a final statistic that proves.... just whatever you want it to prove.
NYPD officers killed due to stabbings since 1900 = 11
Met Police officers killed due to stabbings since 1900 = 11

Those are my own figures, but derived from proper sources such as Wikipedia et al, so E&OE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_ ... uty_deaths
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropoli ... ne_of_duty
http://www.odmp.org/agency/2758-new-yor ... t-new-york
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.

bgm

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:14 am

if only everyone had guns, none of this would've happened and everyone would be alive.

More guns for everyone!

Signed,
The Ammosexual Housewives of a.net
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

readytotaxi

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Demonstrates the low value some people have life.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am

"The right to keep and bear knives shall not be infringed..."

Oooops...that's not in British Constitution....

Oooops again... Britain doesn't even have a "Constitution."

But anyway, good for the London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, to backtrack on his reduction of "Stop and Search" because of his "having previously declared the tactic racist and potentially Islamophobic."

So part of the answer is a $50 Million infusion "into the Metropolitan Police department, so that they can better arm themselves against knife attacks."

The "tough, immediate" measures involve an incredible police crackdown, a ban on home deliveries of knives and acid, and expanding law enforcement stop-and-search powers so that police may stop anyone they believe to be a threat, or planning a knife or acid attack.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29179/lo ... ly-zanotti
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DIRECTFLT

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:26 pm

After Nearly 100 Years of Gun Control, London Adding Knife Control

On April 2, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Britain began an incremental adoption of stringent gun controls in 1920. The controls were ratcheted up during the decades that followed, until the hoops one had to jump through for legal handgun ownership reached a point were doing so became impractical. (The handgun prohibitions were contained in the Firearms Act of 1997.)

In 2009, just 12 years after the passage of the Firearms Act, the Daily Mail declared Britain was “the most violent country in Europe.” It reported that Britain had “a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S.”

On October 21, 2017, Breitbart News reported that rapes in London were three times higher than in New York City and, on April 2, 2018, Breitbart News reported that London’s homicide rate had surpassed the number of homicides in New York City, year-to-date.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/08/nearly-100-years-gun-control-london-adding-knife-control/
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

2122M

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:40 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Breitbart News

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Daily Mail

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Breitbart News

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Breitbart News

Lol.....

tommy1808

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
After Nearly 100 Years of Gun Control, London Adding Knife Control

They already have that..... seems Breitbart has given up even the faintest veil of pretending to be a journalistic news media.But then again, why bother as their readers don´t care to check anything anyways.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

It is not like those laws are new or rare.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knife_legislation

Or are even absent from the US ..... knifes aren´t a big enough business to bribe law makers via a National Knife association.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

LittleSprocket

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Yep...when you have nothing to go on, attack the source. It's funny how even the Guardian and BBC is reporting on this. I guess it is easier for some to attack others than to actually research the subject matter...

2122M

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:40 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Yep...when you have nothing to go on, attack the source. It's funny how even the Guardian and BBC is reporting on this. I guess it is easier for some to attack others than to actually research the subject matter...

I assume that's directed at me, and yes, it is very easy to attack these sources. There are teams of people that have to dedicate their entire days to sifting through the BS that is Brietbart "News". I simply don't have that kind of time.

It is common knowledge that Breitbart is garbage, highly biased, poorly researched and prone to outright lies. If anyone brings that as their source for any kind of argument or debate, they don't deserve to be taken seriously.

slider

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:45 pm

London's idiotic mayor is already saying zero tolerance for anyone carrying a knife.

LOLOLOL

CCGPV

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:00 pm

More media hysterics.
Stay curious

LittleSprocket

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:08 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

I assume that's directed at me, and yes, it is very easy to attack these sources. There are teams of people that have to dedicate their entire days to sifting through the BS that is Brietbart "News". I simply don't have that kind of time.

It is common knowledge that Breitbart is garbage, highly biased, poorly researched and prone to outright lies. If anyone brings that as their source for any kind of argument or debate, they don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Well that explains why other media outlets are covering it as well...

LittleSprocket

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 pm

First they come for the guns, in the name of safety.
Then they come for the knives, in the name of saftey.
Next they come for the people that dissent with their view, in the name of safety.

Like cattle being led to be slaughtered. People ask, how was it that Hitler, Stalin and Mao were able to commit such heinous atrocities...its easy when you disarm the population...in the name of safety.

2122M

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:25 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Next they come for the people that dissent with their view, in the name of safety.

Like cattle being led to be slaughtered. People ask, how was it that Hitler, Stalin and Mao were able to commit such heinous atrocities...its easy when you disarm the population...in the name of safety.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS!

Level-headed people everywhere want access to guns limited to those qualified to use them, those that are mentally healthy and those that are willing to register and insure their guns. Most people can make sense of a ban on gun and gun accessories that are not necessary for the purposes of self defense or sport. But with all that said, I'll reiterate:

2122M

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:28 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

And another thing. If the US government decided today that they wanted to commit some, to use your words, heinous atrocities, there is not a damn thing you would be able to do about it, even with your AR-15s, bump-stocks and high capacity mags. You would be toast. You're outmatched. It's already a guaranteed victory for the big, bad, oppressive government. So stop pretending that access to assault rifles is a patriotic defense of liberty.

CCGPV

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:31 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

Those gun-less oppressed people in Australia need our help. And fast!
Stay curious

CCGPV

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:32 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

And another thing. If the US government decided today that they wanted to commit some, to use your words, heinous atrocities, there is not a damn thing you would be able to do about it, even with your AR-15s, bump-stocks and high capacity mags. You would be toast. You're outmatched. It's already a guaranteed victory for the big, bad, oppressive government. So stop pretending that access to assault rifles is a patriotic defense of liberty.

There's a bunch of Vietnamese farmers and sheep herders in Afghanistan that would beg to differ.
Stay curious

2122M

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm

CCGPV wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

There's a bunch of Vietnamese farmers and sheep herders in Afghanistan that would beg to differ.

Vietnamese farmers that were armed by the USSR and sheep herders in Afghanistan that were armed by Charlie Wilson and the good ole' US of A. Don't pretend otherwise....

SheikhDjibouti

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Breitbart News, The Daily Wire, Breitbart News, Breitbart News

2122M wrote:

Breitbart's lack of credibility is more than just common knowledge
Wikipedia wrote:
The [Breitbart] site has published a number of falsehoods, conspiracy theories, and intentionally misleading stories. Its journalists are widely considered to be ideologically driven, and some of its content has been called misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist by liberals and many traditional conservatives alike.

LittleSprocket wrote:
Well that explains why other media outlets are covering it as well...

Go ahead, show me which other media outlets, with valid links please.

BTW, these don't count;
fox news
ussa news
American Thinker
The Daily Wire

I'm looking forward to reading a proper unbiased report. Then we can begin the debate.
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.

Jayafe

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

I thought between knives and views they would be coming for my ice creams. Feel much better now.

Congratulations, winner of the Godwin's award of the topic.

Bongodog1964

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 pm

The Metropolitan Police a few years back were being hammered over their "stop and search" procedures. They were deemed racist due to being focused on the affro carribbean communities. Politicians from all sides made it very difficult for the system to continue, and the guidelines were altered and the police needed to have a higher degree of suspicion before carrying out a search.
The result now is that the very same community is seeing their young people murdered.

Redd

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Niemoller must be rolling in his grave.... Education does everyone good, lack of it is evidenced in post like yours.

1928 Germany passed a new law allowing the sales of new guns with gun registration. The German population had been banned by owning guns by the Treaty of Versailles, gun ownership had been reinstalled pre Nazi times by the Von Hindenburg government.

1938 Hitler passed a new law "It deregulated the buying and selling of rifles, shotguns and ammunition. It made handguns easier to own by allowing anyone with a hunting license to buy, sell or carry one at any time. (You didn’t need to be hunting.) It also extended the permit period from one year to three and gave local officials more discretion in letting people under 18 get a gun."

Chinese had been armed to the teeth after 25 years of civil war, Mao armed practically the ENTIRE willing peasant population to fight against Chiang Kai-shek's nationalist government.

texdravid

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:05 am

Shouldn’t NYC and London both have low murder levels?? After all, they both have strict gun laws!!

Banning weapons has never made people safer, and it never will. Criminals don't follow laws in the first place — that's why they're called criminals! — and law-abiding people are just rendered defenseless against attackers. If you ban guns, people will use knives. Or clubs. Or jars of acid. Or whatever else they can get their hands on. Hell, now we know that terrorists and white supremacists will even drive cars and trucks into crowds of people, if that's what it takes. Bad people are always going to find ways to hurt and kill others. And they're always going to prey on those they believe to be defenseless.

When banning guns and knives doesn't work, what will they ban next? Pens? Potato peelers? Knitting needles? Scissors? Safety razors? Screwdrivers? Toothbrushes? (Well, nobody in England has those anyway.)

Hat tip: PJ media

Plus, Mr. Khan is provocateur tool just like Trump, except he’s your provocateur and he’s liberal, so he’s okay for a lot of people here.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

CCGPV

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:19 am

texdravid wrote:

When banning guns and knives doesn't work, what will they ban next? Pens? Potato peelers? Knitting needles? Scissors? Safety razors? Screwdrivers? Toothbrushes? (Well, nobody in England has those anyway.)

Plus, Mr. Khan is provocateur tool just like Trump, except he’s your provocateur and he’s liberal, so he’s okay for a lot of people here.

When was the last shooting or knifing on a plane or past security in an airport? Seems like a pretty safe place to me.
Stay curious

2122M

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 pm

texdravid wrote:
Shouldn’t NYC and London both have low murder levels?? After all, they both have strict gun laws!!

They do have very low murder rates. NYC is well below the national average and and similar stats to London. The big difference is that London's has always been low whereas NYC's has dropped dramatically over that last 10-15 years to where it is now.

texdravid wrote:
Banning weapons has never made people safer, and it never will. Criminals don't follow laws in the first place — that's why they're called criminals! — and law-abiding people are just rendered defenseless against attackers. If you ban guns, people will use knives. Or clubs. Or jars of acid. Or whatever else they can get their hands on. Hell, now we know that terrorists and white supremacists will even drive cars and trucks into crowds of people, if that's what it takes. Bad people are always going to find ways to hurt and kill others. And they're always going to prey on those they believe to be defenseless.

Why bother banning cocaine? Criminals are going to get their hands on it anyway!

Why bother with speed limits if people are going to speed?

Why bother banning machine guns if bad guys can get them anyway (except curiously enough, there hasn't really been an attack with a machine gun in the country since they were essentially banned in 1934)

And lastly, and Its amazing how much this bears repeating, NO ONE IS TRYING TO BAN ALL GUNS! There is not 1 piece of serious legislation proposing an all-out gun ban. Keep your weapons for self defense, keep your weapons for sport. Just weapons designed for maximum killing with minimum effort are on the chopping block.

texdravid wrote:
Hat tip: PJ media

founded by a Breitbart financier and raging islamaphobe. Great news source.

tommy1808

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:31 pm

2122M wrote:
Why bother banning cocaine? Criminals are going to get their hands on it anyway!

Why bother with speed limits if people are going to speed?

Why bother banning machine guns if bad guys can get them anyway (except curiously enough, there hasn't really been an attack with a machine gun in the country since they were essentially banned in 1934)

or why bother with North Korea and nukes... they are just exercising their God given right to bear arms, even in the form of a well regulated militia, necessary for the security of the nation state.

Heck, Ammosexuals should be up in Arms to finally have the US leave the NPT, and sell nukes to all those oppressed nations .....

best regards
Thomas

texdravid

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:51 pm

PJ media is much better than CNN or MSNBC. Oh yeah I see, just media that you agree or disagree with.

And your claims of incremental gun laws are bunk. Many on your side want total gun confiscation and make no bones about it. That’s being totally disingenuous.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-they- ... -guns-away.

I can send you more if you wish.
You see the liberals wants all guns gone.
Republicans won’t give an inch on even reasonable reforms. So In the US the debate will go no where and everyone knows it.

2122M

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:25 pm

texdravid wrote:
PJ media is much better than CNN or MSNBC. Oh yeah I see, just media that you agree or disagree with.

And your claims of incremental gun laws are bunk. Many on your side want total gun confiscation and make no bones about it. That’s being totally disingenuous.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-they- ... -guns-away.

I can send you more if you wish.
You see the liberals wants all guns gone.
Republicans won’t give an inch on even reasonable reforms. So In the US the debate will go no where and everyone knows it.

PJ Media is a collective of conservative bloggers. Its not even trying to be a news site. Although I'm sure they are 'much better' at confirming your bias that CNN.

Did you read the Daily Beast article, or just see a catchy headline? In the article, he's making the argument that yes, progressives want to see some guns taken away. He never implies that all guns would be on that list. in fact, he's arguing that Democrats want to follow an Australian model which allows for the ownership of certain types of guns. Furthermore, he goes on to say this:

"Perhaps, in a perfect world, the United States would never have had the Second Amendment."

Which leads me to believe you aren't actually reading the articles you are putting forward as proof of your point.

Lastly, if you are going to try and refute something I say, try quoting me in the response. Unless you were trying to do so without me noticing of course.

texdravid

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:04 pm

I can refute you by quoting you or not. Who made you King? I was hoping you noticed!

CNN is also a collection of bloggers, far left provocateurs hires per firm by CNN and various democrats moonlighting on CNN. So CNN is hardly the serious site you say it is. It just reinforces YOUR beliefs.

Finally regarding he article in question the gist of his or any recent articles is that after the Florida incident, liberal groups are not shy anymore just wanting to stop long guns or assault weapons. Leftists of all stripes and leftist politicians all want to ban guns as their ultimate goal and love the Australian confiscation plan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews ... ontext=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.review ... ation/amp/

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein

So why be so shy folks? You know you want to ban all guns! Just say it. You’ll “feel” better and speak “Truth to power”. Ha ha

2122M

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm

texdravid wrote:
I can refute you by quoting you or not. Who made you King? I was hoping you noticed!

CNN is also a collection of bloggers, far left provocateurs hires per firm by CNN and various democrats moonlighting on CNN. So CNN is hardly the serious site you say it is. It just reinforces YOUR beliefs.

Finally regarding he article in question the gist of his or any recent articles is that after the Florida incident, liberal groups are not shy anymore just wanting to stop long guns or assault weapons. Leftists of all stripes and leftist politicians all want to ban guns as their ultimate goal and love the Australian confiscation plan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews ... ontext=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.review ... ation/amp/

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein

So why be so shy folks? You know you want to ban all guns! Just say it. You’ll “feel” better and speak “Truth to power”. Ha ha

O the media side, CNN (and even MSNBC) bring conservative voices on all the time. Scott Jennings, Ben Ferguson, Jeffery Lord, Corey Lewandowski and the list goes on. Now its your turn, I'd love to see the comprehensive list of PJ Media's liberal contributors.

Now, the gun part:

Source 1 points to Hillary eager to impose something similar to Australia, which again, is NOT an outright gun ban.

Source 2 says nothing about democrats wants to ban all guns. The author speculates that hits may be something some people want, but its pure speculation and nothing else. Find me any proposed legislation that bans all guns.

And yes, in 1993 Feinstein said that quote in support of the ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN! If we're using Feinstein quotes, how about this one from 2012; "Let me be clear: If an individual wants to purchase a weapon for hunting or self-defense, I support that right."

Here's the thing, it appeals to you to think that democrats want to take all guns, because that easy for you to argue against. The truth is that democrats favor tighter restrictions, registrations, insurance mandates and some other common sense laws that are actually very popular if you are to believe every poll taken on the matter in that last decade or so. This nuance is hard for you to digest because it makes it is much harder to argue against popular, common sense regulations.

texdravid

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Democrats have changed very rapidly on this subject and you are totally disingenuous if you spout otherwise. Ever since Florida shooting, they have stated confiscation at every turn and you know it.

It is Marco Rubio and some liberal Republicans who have some common sense proposals. Democrats are united in their taste of confiscation. And by the way, Australia was a forced buy back. No choice.

Australia hasn’t 2nd amendment so the US and Australia are not the same.

Finally your attempts to make MSNBC and CNN like some pillars of fairness are hilarious and absolutely false. NO ONE represents the kook fringe like MSNBC. No one kisses liberal ass like CNN. Fox is right leaning true, but as out there as MSNBC? Give me a break!

2122M

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:02 pm

texdravid wrote:
Democrats have changed very rapidly on this subject and you are totally disingenuous if you spout otherwise. Ever since Florida shooting, they have stated confiscation at every turn and you know it.

It is Marco Rubio and some liberal Republicans who have some common sense proposals. Democrats are united in their taste of confiscation. And by the way, Australia was a forced buy back. No choice.

Australia hasn’t 2nd amendment so the US and Australia are not the same.

Finally your attempts to make MSNBC and CNN like some pillars of fairness are hilarious and absolutely false. NO ONE represents the kook fringe like MSNBC. No one kisses liberal ass like CNN. Fox is right leaning true, but as out there as MSNBC? Give me a break!

To my point, the mandatory gun buyback program in Australia targeted on certain types of guns. That's the point. No one is coming to take ALL the guns. I've made that point for what, 5 or 6 posts in a row now and you can't find a shred of evidence that the democratic platform is based on a total and complete gun ban. If your preferred media outlets are telling you otherwise, then they are lying to you. You have willfully been manipulated to believe that liberals hold point of view or a position that, in reality, they don't.

Your response to this will be something along the lines of, "but deep down, that's what liberals really want and you know it," or "an assault weapons ban starts a slippery slope" or some other NRA scripted response. Both purely emotional arguments with no basis is fact whatsoever. If you can find any evidence that the democrats are coming for ALL your guns, then by all means let me know as I (and most democrats and liberals and centrists and reasonable people everywhere) would be 100% opposed to that legislation.

tommy1808

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:23 pm

texdravid wrote:

CNN is also a collection of bloggers, far left provocateurs hires per firm by CNN

CNN far left? Boy, you need to get out more.

Well.. i guess Trump is a far left socialist then....

best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:29 pm

2122M wrote:
Your response to this will be something along the lines of, "but deep down, that's what liberals really want and you know it," or "an assault weapons ban starts a slippery slope" or some other NRA scripted response. .

Heck, in Germany banning private ownership of firearms and ammunition has even clear majority support, some 60%, among the population, yet no party even suggests to bend to their will.

That argument only works on people that already have a wall around the United States and just ignore the world around it. The world that doesn´t ban gun, can have universal healthcare, reliable social systems or don´t give criminals hard time w/o having more crime because of it........

best regards
Thomas

slider

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:36 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Level-headed people everywhere want access to guns limited to those qualified to use them, those that are mentally healthy and those that are willing to register and insure their guns. Most people can make sense of a ban on gun and gun accessories that are not necessary for the purposes of self defense or sport. But with all that said, I'll reiterate:

You're wrong. And unlike the other lies that get repeated, the more you say that will NOT make pro Second Amendment folks sleep better. There is ABSOLUTELY a huge cross-section of the leftists that do in fact want to confiscate all guns. They've said as much. The boy of the hour David Hogg has said as much, manipulated by his puppet masters as the useful idiot that he is.

2122M

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:51 pm

slider wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

You're wrong. And unlike the other lies that get repeated, the more you say that will NOT make pro Second Amendment folks sleep better. There is ABSOLUTELY a huge cross-section of the leftists that do in fact want to confiscate all guns. They've said as much. The boy of the hour David Hogg has said as much, manipulated by his puppet masters as the useful idiot that he is.

I'm not debating you on this unless you can point to any proposed legislation or even quote from en elected democrat or anyone close to the law making process that indicates there is a total and complete gun ban on the table.

As far as David Hogg goes, here's a quote from him (spoiler alert, he's never said he's in favor of a total gun confiscation):

"What a lot of the media and especially Fox News has messed up with me is they’ve made it seem like I’m trying to take away people’s guns, that I’m against the Second Amendment. My father is a retired FBI agent. I have guns in my house. I’m not against the Second Amendment… I’m trying to push for common sense gun reform and mental illness reform so we can make sure that these individuals that have a criminal background that are mentally unstable and have a history of domestic violence are no longer able to get a gun…"

2122M

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:56 pm

slider wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Just for fun, here are more David Hogg quotes:

“We have a right to live just as we have a right to bear arms,”

“I believe everybody should have their Second Amendment right to own a gun. I’m not trying to take that away. I am trying to put limitations on the Second Amendment in the same way that we have limitations on the First,”

“I’m not anti-Second Amendment,”

“I would say that it’s good to have your Second Amendment rights. It’s good to believe that you can protect yourself and protect those around you, but I want people to acknowledge the fact that we do have a major gun violence problem in this country one that’s not going away.”

“These people keep saying that I am anti-Second Amendment, I’m not. I do not want to take away the constitutional rights of American citizens.”

What a radical, gun-grabbing leftist, commie! Right?!?

tommy1808

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm

2122M wrote:
What a radical, gun-grabbing leftist, commie! Right?!?

these days you are radical, leftist, commie if you know that there is more than one Amendment it seems. Or if you think that "life" has an inherent higher value than "property", all else being equal.

best regards
Thomas