skyservice_330
Topic Author
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Some on the forum are likely aware, but for the past few months information has been coming out about an alleged serial killer in Toronto.

As of this week, police have charged Bruce McArthur, 66, with the the first degree murder of 7 men. It seems likely that more charges will follow as they are still digging through the evidence and properties owned, or frequented, by McArthur.

This short CBC clip provides an overview of the case: http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1208849987778

Some interesting pieces of information related to the case:

- all the victims are men and all seem to have some connection to the LGBTQ community in Toronto.
- at age 66, McArthur is arguably one of the oldest serial killers in Canada (I believe Picton was in his 40s or 50s)
- McArthur owned a landscaping business - police have recovered remains from properties where he stored equipment. As well, they have recovered remains and bodies from the flower planters at the houses of his customers.
- police are investigating historical cold cases, included a series of murders of gay men in Toronto in the 70s.
- police arrested McArthur after having him under surveillance. They arrested him, it is reported, sooner then expected when they saw a young man enter his apartment. When they moved in, the young man was found bound to McArthurs bed.
- a few weeks ago, police took the rare step of releasing a picture of the face of a dead man after all other efforts to identify him failed. Today it was announced the man has been identified and they are notifying his family. It is likely an additional murder charge will be laid.

The story is developing by the day as police continue to collect evidence. It will, undoubtedly, become a spectacle once the trial gets underway.

Horrific, but interesting, but definitely horrific.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Disturbing events for sure. As a gay man, I’m interested in violence affecting the community and we’ve certainly had our fair share of serial killers. I can think of several just in the past decade or so.

I think men have a false sense of security when it comes to these things. Unlike women, most men aren’t taught to be as cautious about predators. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that several of the most prolific serial killers in history solely targeted men.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:11 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Disturbing events for sure. As a gay man, I’m interested in violence affecting the community and we’ve certainly had our fair share of serial killers. I can think of several just in the past decade or so.

I think men have a false sense of security when it comes to these things. Unlike women, most men aren’t taught to be as cautious about predators. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that several of the most prolific serial killers in history solely targeted men.


I've been working with a pretty large group of gay guys recently and I was shocked at the percentage of them that carried a gun. The threatening behavior they face often can be staggering.
Stay curious
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

CCGPV wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
Disturbing events for sure. As a gay man, I’m interested in violence affecting the community and we’ve certainly had our fair share of serial killers. I can think of several just in the past decade or so.

I think men have a false sense of security when it comes to these things. Unlike women, most men aren’t taught to be as cautious about predators. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that several of the most prolific serial killers in history solely targeted men.


I've been working with a pretty large group of gay guys recently and I was shocked at the percentage of them that carried a gun. The threatening behavior they face often can be staggering.


Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
Disturbing events for sure. As a gay man, I’m interested in violence affecting the community and we’ve certainly had our fair share of serial killers. I can think of several just in the past decade or so.

I think men have a false sense of security when it comes to these things. Unlike women, most men aren’t taught to be as cautious about predators. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that several of the most prolific serial killers in history solely targeted men.


I've been working with a pretty large group of gay guys recently and I was shocked at the percentage of them that carried a gun. The threatening behavior they face often can be staggering.


Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.


My warped agenda about what? What are you even talking about? You don't know anyone who does and I know a lot who do...but I'm wrong. How does that work?
Stay curious
 
johns624
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.
If you've been severely assaulted and quite a few of your friends have too, why wouldn't you get a license to carry as protection? It's no longer and imaginary threat or something that just happens to others.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:52 pm

johns624 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.
If you've been severely assaulted and quite a few of your friends have too, why wouldn't you get a license to carry as protection? It's no longer and imaginary threat or something that just happens to others.


I don't care for guns and I wouldn't trust myself to use it effectively. To be perfectly candid I'd rather be castrated than be one of those people who has to carry a gun around to function on a daily basis.

Beyond that, I don't buy the argument that guns make people safer. They might make people feel safer but there's little proof that they actually perform.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm

bagoldex wrote:
johns624 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.
If you've been severely assaulted and quite a few of your friends have too, why wouldn't you get a license to carry as protection? It's no longer and imaginary threat or something that just happens to others.


I don't care for guns and I wouldn't trust myself to use it effectively. To be perfectly candid I'd rather be castrated than be one of those people who has to carry a gun around to function on a daily basis.

Beyond that, I don't buy the argument that guns make people safer. They might make people feel safer but there's little proof that they actually perform.


You never responded to my question. What "agenda" am I spreading?

It can't be the anti-gay agenda as I'm a big supporter. It can't be because I'm a gun nut because I don't even own any guns. What is my agenda here?
Stay curious
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm

CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
johns624 wrote:
If you've been severely assaulted and quite a few of your friends have too, why wouldn't you get a license to carry as protection? It's no longer and imaginary threat or something that just happens to others.


I don't care for guns and I wouldn't trust myself to use it effectively. To be perfectly candid I'd rather be castrated than be one of those people who has to carry a gun around to function on a daily basis.

Beyond that, I don't buy the argument that guns make people safer. They might make people feel safer but there's little proof that they actually perform.


You never responded to my question. What "agenda" am I spreading?

It can't be the anti-gay agenda as I'm a big supporter. It can't be because I'm a gun nut because I don't even own any guns. What is my agenda here?


Your agenda? It seems to me that in three months and six hundred posts your agenda has been solely to get attention and you're willing to speak out of both sides of your mouth and make sh*t up to get it.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

I don't care for guns and I wouldn't trust myself to use it effectively. To be perfectly candid I'd rather be castrated than be one of those people who has to carry a gun around to function on a daily basis.

Beyond that, I don't buy the argument that guns make people safer. They might make people feel safer but there's little proof that they actually perform.


You never responded to my question. What "agenda" am I spreading?

It can't be the anti-gay agenda as I'm a big supporter. It can't be because I'm a gun nut because I don't even own any guns. What is my agenda here?


Your agenda? It seems to me that in three months and six hundred posts your agenda has been solely to get attention and you're willing to speak out of both sides of your mouth and make sh*t up to get it.


Oh, that agenda. In that case you are 100% correct. All of our goals should include bringing interesting and friendly debate to these forums. That's what they're known for in the aviation community- level headed reasonable discussion.

Still doesn't change the fact those guys felt safer carrying a weapon.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:45 pm

CCGPV wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
Disturbing events for sure. As a gay man, I’m interested in violence affecting the community and we’ve certainly had our fair share of serial killers. I can think of several just in the past decade or so.

I think men have a false sense of security when it comes to these things. Unlike women, most men aren’t taught to be as cautious about predators. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that several of the most prolific serial killers in history solely targeted men.


I've been working with a pretty large group of gay guys recently and I was shocked at the percentage of them that carried a gun. The threatening behavior they face often can be staggering.


Oh absolutely. Living in a conservative environment, I’ve felt threatened several times and I have been sexually assaulted(thankfully, he’s in prison). I recently read an FBI article with frightening statistics that said the most vulnerable people, or the people most likely to be chosen by a serial killer are women, gay men and transgender individuals. It’s sad, but with the reality of clubs and bathhouses, social media hookup apps, it’s easy pickings for these monsters.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:46 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
Disturbing events for sure. As a gay man, I’m interested in violence affecting the community and we’ve certainly had our fair share of serial killers. I can think of several just in the past decade or so.

I think men have a false sense of security when it comes to these things. Unlike women, most men aren’t taught to be as cautious about predators. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that several of the most prolific serial killers in history solely targeted men.


I've been working with a pretty large group of gay guys recently and I was shocked at the percentage of them that carried a gun. The threatening behavior they face often can be staggering.


Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.



I’m gay and I own a gun. Never use it and it’s locked away safely.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

I've been working with a pretty large group of gay guys recently and I was shocked at the percentage of them that carried a gun. The threatening behavior they face often can be staggering.


Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.



I’m gay and I own a gun. Never use it and it’s locked away safely.


It's one thing to own one and keep it looked away and another to carry on a daily basis.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Sounds like you're just making that up to fit your warped agenda because as a real life gay guy, I don't know anyone who does. It's never even crossed my mind and I've been assaulted fairly violently and quite a few of my friends have as well.



I’m gay and I own a gun. Never use it and it’s locked away safely.


It's one thing to own one and keep it looked away and another to carry on a daily basis.


If you're properly trained and its hidden what's the difference?
Stay curious
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:47 pm

CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:


I’m gay and I own a gun. Never use it and it’s locked away safely.


It's one thing to own one and keep it looked away and another to carry on a daily basis.


If you're properly trained and its hidden what's the difference?


The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress. If someone's carrying a gun for protection, they're probably an inherently timid and fearful person to begin with which would further inhibit their ability to perform.
Last edited by bagoldex on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:51 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

It's one thing to own one and keep it looked away and another to carry on a daily basis.


If you're properly trained and its hidden what's the difference?


The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress.


Maybe for some. There's lots of people out there that have saved themselves or have saved others by lawfully carrying.

Lots of people do things that don't help. 99% of people who take boxing and self-defense courses would be worthless in an actual fight but they do it to feel more confidant. Same with those who carry mace. That stuff doesn't work either but it makes people feel safe. In home security systems? They just notify the police after the damage is done. Lawfully and responsibly carrying is no different really.

And for the record I don't own any guns but I get why people do.
Stay curious
 
johns624
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:32 pm

bagoldex wrote:
The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress. If someone's carrying a gun for protection, they're probably an inherently timid and fearful person to begin with which would further inhibit their ability to perform.
So many fails... If what you say were true, there'd be stories in the paper everyday of CCW license holders having shootouts in the streets. The first thing that you're told in the licensing class is "don't go anywhere with a gun that you wouldn't go without one". Most serious gun carriers practice a lot more than police, and you don't have any problem with them carrying guns, do you? I work at a range and you'd be surprised at how lousy of a shot many cops are (don't even get me started on FFDOs). No, gun owners aren't "timid and fearful", they just know what can happen in the real world. If you and your friends enjoy getting the crap kicked out of you, go for it. I value my life. I'm 59 and just got my shoulder replaced. I could take care of myself when I was younger but I'm too old to be duking it out or wrestling with someone much younger and stronger who wants to hurt me badly.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 pm

johns624 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress. If someone's carrying a gun for protection, they're probably an inherently timid and fearful person to begin with which would further inhibit their ability to perform.
I work at a range.


Shocking. Thanks for clarifying your bias right off the bat.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:10 pm

johns624 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress. If someone's carrying a gun for protection, they're probably an inherently timid and fearful person to begin with which would further inhibit their ability to perform.
So many fails... If what you say were true, there'd be stories in the paper everyday of CCW license holders having shootouts in the streets. The first thing that you're told in the licensing class is "don't go anywhere with a gun that you wouldn't go without one". Most serious gun carriers practice a lot more than police, and you don't have any problem with them carrying guns, do you? I work at a range and you'd be surprised at how lousy of a shot many cops are (don't even get me started on FFDOs). No, gun owners aren't "timid and fearful", they just know what can happen in the real world. If you and your friends enjoy getting the crap kicked out of you, go for it. I value my life. I'm 59 and just got my shoulder replaced. I could take care of myself when I was younger but I'm too old to be duking it out or wrestling with someone much younger and stronger who wants to hurt me badly.


What is the definition of a " more serious" gun carrier ? you? or someone who frequents or works at a gun range? When you say gun owners aren't timid and fearful how could you possibly know? isn't it obviously your seeing a pigeon hole view since you work at a gun range. Anybody making fun of cops trying to improve their aim, i don't get. They are there to get better, and for you to carry home a paycheck. Less attitude and generalizations would be nice.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:13 pm

bagoldex wrote:
johns624 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress. If someone's carrying a gun for protection, they're probably an inherently timid and fearful person to begin with which would further inhibit their ability to perform.
I work at a range.


Shocking. Thanks for clarifying your bias right off the bat.


So what? Of course he has bias and so do you. He actually sees the reality of what responsible gun owners are like. He doesn't live in fear or ignorance about it
like you because you've already made up your mind to just dismiss those who carry as nutjobs.

And you never responded to my previous post.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:16 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
johns624 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
The difference is that carrying a gun for protection conveys a false sense of security. One can spend forty hours a week at the range but there's no amount of target and gun handling practice that can instill the confidence and composure to use a gun effectively under extreme duress. If someone's carrying a gun for protection, they're probably an inherently timid and fearful person to begin with which would further inhibit their ability to perform.
So many fails... If what you say were true, there'd be stories in the paper everyday of CCW license holders having shootouts in the streets. The first thing that you're told in the licensing class is "don't go anywhere with a gun that you wouldn't go without one". Most serious gun carriers practice a lot more than police, and you don't have any problem with them carrying guns, do you? I work at a range and you'd be surprised at how lousy of a shot many cops are (don't even get me started on FFDOs). No, gun owners aren't "timid and fearful", they just know what can happen in the real world. If you and your friends enjoy getting the crap kicked out of you, go for it. I value my life. I'm 59 and just got my shoulder replaced. I could take care of myself when I was younger but I'm too old to be duking it out or wrestling with someone much younger and stronger who wants to hurt me badly.


What is the definition of a " more serious" gun carrier ? you? or someone who frequents or works at a gun range? When you say gun owners aren't timid and fearful how could you possibly know? isn't it obviously your seeing a pigeon hole view since you work at a gun range. Anybody making fun of cops trying to improve their aim, i don't get. They are there to get better, and for you to carry home a paycheck. Less attitude and generalizations would be nice.


I've met and worked with tons of CCW users and I've never met one who's "afraid of the world" or anything like that. Its always an attitude of being prepared for an unlikely situation. Like wearing a seatbelt or life jacket or buying homeowners insurance. 99.99% of the time its overkill but that one time, man, its good to have been wearing one.

Would I do it? No because it seems like a huge pain but if I'm ever in a sketchy situation I hope someone is.
Stay curious
 
johns624
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What is the definition of a " more serious" gun carrier ? you? or someone who frequents or works at a gun range? When you say gun owners aren't timid and fearful how could you possibly know? isn't it obviously your seeing a pigeon hole view since you work at a gun range. Anybody making fun of cops trying to improve their aim, i don't get. They are there to get better, and for you to carry home a paycheck. Less attitude and generalizations would be nice.
Serious gun owners are ones that practice. You know, like the hundreds that I see every week. I see a large cross section of shooters, from first timers (we hold classes) to those who have shot for 50 years to serious competitors to retired military. I'm not making fun of cops, I'm stating facts. Sorry for your lack of reading comprehension. I was replying to bagoldex's comment that no amount of practice can make you ready by replying that I was sure that he didn't mind cops carrying, and they got less practice than many civilians. Many agencies only qualify 1-2 times a year and that's the only time they shoot. Speaking of less "generalizations", if I wrote a list of them about gay people like he did about gun owners, I'd get banned from here. I guess that gun owners are okay to stereotype, no matter how wrong it is.
 
johns624
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:32 am

bagoldex wrote:
Shocking. Thanks for clarifying your bias right off the bat.
No, what's shicking is that you don't know the difference between bias and background/experience. Showing my background in the field is no different than you having to say that you're gay in so many of your posts, to show your background and experiences.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:08 pm

johns624 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What is the definition of a " more serious" gun carrier ? you? or someone who frequents or works at a gun range? When you say gun owners aren't timid and fearful how could you possibly know? isn't it obviously your seeing a pigeon hole view since you work at a gun range. Anybody making fun of cops trying to improve their aim, i don't get. They are there to get better, and for you to carry home a paycheck. Less attitude and generalizations would be nice.
Serious gun owners are ones that practice. You know, like the hundreds that I see every week. I see a large cross section of shooters, from first timers (we hold classes) to those who have shot for 50 years to serious competitors to retired military. I'm not making fun of cops, I'm stating facts. Sorry for your lack of reading comprehension. I was replying to bagoldex's comment that no amount of practice can make you ready by replying that I was sure that he didn't mind cops carrying, and they got less practice than many civilians. Many agencies only qualify 1-2 times a year and that's the only time they shoot. Speaking of less "generalizations", if I wrote a list of them about gay people like he did about gun owners, I'd get banned from here. I guess that gun owners are okay to stereotype, no matter how wrong it is.


Most stereotypes are based in fact so have at it if you wish. I doubt I'd be terribly broken up over the musings of some flyover country gun nut.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:33 pm

bagoldex wrote:
johns624 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What is the definition of a " more serious" gun carrier ? you? or someone who frequents or works at a gun range? When you say gun owners aren't timid and fearful how could you possibly know? isn't it obviously your seeing a pigeon hole view since you work at a gun range. Anybody making fun of cops trying to improve their aim, i don't get. They are there to get better, and for you to carry home a paycheck. Less attitude and generalizations would be nice.
Serious gun owners are ones that practice. You know, like the hundreds that I see every week. I see a large cross section of shooters, from first timers (we hold classes) to those who have shot for 50 years to serious competitors to retired military. I'm not making fun of cops, I'm stating facts. Sorry for your lack of reading comprehension. I was replying to bagoldex's comment that no amount of practice can make you ready by replying that I was sure that he didn't mind cops carrying, and they got less practice than many civilians. Many agencies only qualify 1-2 times a year and that's the only time they shoot. Speaking of less "generalizations", if I wrote a list of them about gay people like he did about gun owners, I'd get banned from here. I guess that gun owners are okay to stereotype, no matter how wrong it is.


Most stereotypes are based in fact so have at it if you wish. I doubt I'd be terribly broken up over the musings of some flyover country gun nut.


That's the thing...the only one with a problem here is you. Nobody is asking your opinion on anything but you're vomiting your ignorant opinions on everyone like its gospel.
Stay curious
 
johns624
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Toronto has an (alleged) serial killer

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:08 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Most stereotypes are based in fact so have at it if you wish. I doubt I'd be terribly broken up over the musings of some flyover country gun nut.

Sorry, it's not worth my time to debate a masochist. "Beat me, beat me some more. It feels soooo good". Obviously you like it because you don't take legal steps to defend yourself. Have fun with your twisted life.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anrec80, tommy1808 and 11 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos