KICT
Topic Author

Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 pm

There is so much Trump news coming out that I think it's time to have a single thread to track all of the developments.

The latest being that McClatchy is now reporting that Mueller has evidence placing Cohen in Prague in the summer of 2016 to meet with Russians, despite his claims to the contrary of having "never been" there. This confirms at least in part the Trump dossier. I personally believe that the dossier, already having been confirmed piece-by-piece is likely 100% true. Mueller is thousands of steps ahead of Trump & Co. regarding all of this.

I also believe now that the pardoning of Scooter Libby is intended to send a message to all of the potential witnesses in an effort to obstruct justice and prevent those witnesses from turning on Trump, because if Trump will pardon Scooter Libby, he will pardon them, too.

The Trump camp is also in the middle of an all-out media propaganda war aimed at discrediting Mueller and Comey. It is likely that there is direct coordination between the Trump White House and Fox News, which is essentially state run media at this point.

The Justice Department special counsel has evidence that Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and confidant, Michael Cohen, secretly made a late-summer trip to Prague during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Confirmation of the trip would lend credence to a retired British spy’s report that Cohen strategized there with a powerful Kremlin figure about Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article208870264.html

Trump is going to be impeached. Bet on it.
Last edited by KICT on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Re: Trump Impeachment Megathread

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:59 pm

I wonder if Mueller is waiting until November, after the mid-term elections?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

KICT
Topic Author

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 am

More breaking news. According to CNN, during Monday's FBI raid on Cohen, among the documents seized were recordings between Cohen and Stormy Daniels' former lawyer; the idea being that there is a suggestion that Cohen and her former lawyer were actively conspiring against her relative to the current litigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics/fbi-phone-recordings-cohen-daniels-mcdougal/index.html

Avenatti has responded: "If this is true, let me be clear. I will bring the weight of the world down upon Mr. Cohen, together with any other party that violated my client’s rights or conspired against her."

BawliBooch

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:14 am

Is this really going towards an impeachment of Trump?

For America's sake I really hope so. But i fail to see that as of now.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle! on twitter @Banwaarilal

salttee

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 am

This is much better (of a show) than Watergate.

dmg626

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:28 am

Move along, nothing to see here, more wishful thinking by the losing left

seb146

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 am

BawliBooch wrote:

That is why I am kind of hoping Mueller waits until after November. Imagine Pence and Ryan as our new president and vice president? You think government and the deficit are big now?

CCGPV

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:54 am

Unless the Mueller investigation report shows blatant criminal activity relating to his Presidency/Campaign by Trump AND the Democrats win the House and Senate in the Midterms there will be an attempt at impeachment.

If any of those factors does not occur its not going to happen the way things are currently.

I hope the Republicans get creamed in the midterms but the Democrats getting a majority in the house is unlikely at the moment. That's the only thing that matters in this impeachment fight.
Stay curious

CCGPV

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:57 am

seb146 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

That is why I am kind of hoping Mueller waits until after November. Imagine Pence and Ryan as our new president and vice president? You think government and the deficit are big now?

This is one thing a lot of people don't realize if Trump goes...Pence is now the man. He's a hardcore conservative unlike Trump who only pretends to be. Pence wants to actively roll back legislation that Trump is not going to do. I dread a Pence presidency more than a Trump one to be honest. Pence will be effective where Trump has just been a buffoon.

It'll be Bush 2 on steroids.
Stay curious

salttee

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:58 am

I agree.
I prefer a crippled Trump as president to an empowered Pence.

seb146

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:58 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

This is one thing a lot of people don't realize if Trump goes...Pence is now the man. He's a hardcore conservative unlike Trump who only pretends to be. Pence wants to actively roll back legislation that Trump is not going to do. I dread a Pence presidency more than a Trump one to be honest. Pence will be effective where Trump has just been a buffoon.

But what would happen with a majority of Democrats in Congress and only Pence? Lame duck does not even begin to describe it. And Pence would probably not be elected or electable.

Jouhou

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:19 am

There's a chance the republicans could turn on Trump. He's shredding their party from within. He's attacking prominent republicans right and left. If he does something like firing mueller, I see them just simply turning on him.

... I'm surprised they haven't already.

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:35 am

When you've lost ALEX JONES...you're in trouble
https://twitter.com/TheAPJournalist/sta ... 1916652544

Also lol https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/984999142110920706
So much winning your head will spin

N14AZ

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:52 am

Will not happen. He will be elected for a second time (same happened with Bush II and in the second election he got even more votes than in the first one).

anrec80

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 am

N14AZ wrote:
Will not happen. He will be elected for a second time (same happened with Bush II and in the second election he got even more votes than in the first one).

That certainly is a possibility. Given that democrats are stuck investigating him as opposed to throwing a big retirement party for its former leadership (Biden, Clintons, Kerry, etc.) and moving a new generation of prospective leaders forward.

anrec80

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:10 am

salttee wrote:
I agree.
I prefer a crippled Trump as president to an empowered Pence.

The saddest part in this post - it's that there's no adequate candidate for US president position on the horizon.

Dutchy

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28 am

BawliBooch wrote:

Why, if Trump is removed, Pence will be president, will he be any better, he is a religious nut.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

CCGPV

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:57 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

But what would happen with a majority of Democrats in Congress and only Pence? Lame duck does not even begin to describe it. And Pence would probably not be elected or electable.

Same thing that happened to Obama in 2010. No landmark legislation after the loss.
Stay curious

CCGPV

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:02 am

This cost the American taxpayer about $50,000,000 in just the cost of missiles alone.
Stay curious

ltbewr

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 am

The odds of removing Donald Trump as President by conviction by 2/3rds of US Senators in Impeachment proceedings are more like those of winning the top prize in a mega lottery. There has been 62 cases of the initial steps of Impeachment proceedings but only 2 presidents, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, a Cabinet member, a Senator during the Civil War and the rest Federal Judges that have faced the full process. Pres. Nixon and most other officials resigned long before trial. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachme ... ted_States

In theory to some historians, Impeachment can be considered for non-criminal and/or political reasons. The Impeachment of Bill Clinton was based on serious felony charges of perjury (lying in a deposition) but was more political in its attempt. That the Democrats controlled the House and Senate made it impossible to get the necessary 2/3'rds vote to convict and remove from office.

The USA also has the 25th Amendment to remove a President or Vice President for physical incapacity which is yet to be used. It came about from in parts the incapacitating stoke that Woodrow Wilson had in office and the fears that if JFK had survived massive injuries rather than death from his assassination, succession to the VP and their powers were limited. It also covers the VP in similar health situations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fi ... nstitution . Unless Trump were to become so openly and physically incapable of doing his job, like with Woodrow Wilson, the 25th Amendment would be very difficult to invoke.

Both Impeachment and the 25th Amendment have very high bars to clear to be initiated, to trial, to conviction and removal from office, in part to prevent a political coup or political misuse. That is part of the problem with Trump for now. Unless as with Nixon a clear case of Obstruction of Office can be made and a majority of the House and Senate is Democrats along with just enough Republicans to get through the process of Impeachment to conviction, then it may be impossible to do the process. Of course he could (and I wish he would) resign as Nixon did, but I don't see Trump doing that anytime soon despite the hopes of 'liberals'.
Of course, some don't want Pence as President, likely he would pardon Trump, so for some, Impeachment is not a good answer.

scbriml

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:25 pm

CCGPV wrote:
This cost the American taxpayer about $50,000,000 in just the cost of missiles alone.

Peanuts. About 37 minutes on the US debt clock.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

zkojq

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:04 pm

KICT wrote:
The latest being that McClatchy is now reporting that Mueller has evidence placing Cohen in Prague in the summer of 2016 to meet with Russians, despite his claims to the contrary of having "never been" there. This confirms at least in part the Trump dossier. I personally believe that the dossier, already having been confirmed piece-by-piece is likely 100% true. Mueller is thousands of steps ahead of Trump & Co. regarding all of this.

It's absolutely stunning how much of the dossier has now been proven to be true, one way or another. The republicans did a lot to try and attack it (and Chris Steele's) credibility, but a lot of that seems to have been in vein and it appears that most people moaning about it being "fake news" hadn't actually read it. It's actually quite a good read (spend a couple of hours pouring over it on a long haul flight last year). Someone here should dissect the dossier and post links of evidence to all the parts we know are true. If noone else does and I have some spare time at the end of the week I might do so.

KICT wrote:
When you've lost ALEX JONES...you're in trouble
https://twitter.com/TheAPJournalist/sta ... 1916652544

Also lol https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/984999142110920706
So much winning your head will spin

:rotfl:
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

petertenthije

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:08 pm

If Trump were to be succesfully impeached for collusion with Russia in the run up to his election, would that also be the end of Pence’s political career? After all, he was on Trump’s ticket and would have benefited from the collusion. Or would there then have to be a separate impeachment process against him?
Attamottamotta!

Dutchy

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:52 pm

petertenthije wrote:
If Trump were to be succesfully impeached for collusion with Russia in the run up to his election, would that also be the end of Pence’s political career? After all, he was on Trump’s ticket and would have benefited from the collusion. Or would there then have to be a separate impeachment process against him?

I guess the latter.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

ER757

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:09 pm

A "what if" question - I don't know the answer and it's been since I was in with grade (50 years ago) that I learned about the constitution in class. Don't have much memory from those days :old:
If the investigation proves that Trump committed a felony, and he is convicted of same - would impeachment be necessary to remove him from office? Or does the fact that he'd then be a convicted felon (and be imprisoned) automatically take him out of the picture?

tommy1808

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:16 pm

ER757 wrote:
A "what if" question - I don't know the answer and it's been since I was in with grade (50 years ago) that I learned about the constitution in class. Don't have much memory from those days :old:
If the investigation proves that Trump committed a felony, and he is convicted of same - would impeachment be necessary to remove him from office? Or does the fact that he'd then be a convicted felon (and be imprisoned) automatically take him out of the picture?

No one knows if you even can indicte a sitting president. You are one step to far :)

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

seb146

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:45 pm

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Same thing that happened to Obama in 2010. No landmark legislation after the loss.

The difference being that Obama actually had plans. He actually wanted to get stuff done. Republicans said "no" because reasons. With tRump, being in charge is just a huge ego stroke.

CitizenJustin

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:03 pm

dmg626 wrote:
Move along, nothing to see here, more wishful thinking by the losing left

Mark my words. Later this year when the democracts win majorities, which is looking more likely as time passes, I’m going to be showing you what you said.

3 million more votes for Hillary. That’s not a loss.

Losing can also be a good thing . Now that people know just how horrible the right is, they’ll have difficulty moving away from the Trump era. I look forward to 8 years of solid progressive changes.

910A

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:38 pm

N14AZ wrote:

Bush 2 is the only President that lost the popular vote that won re-election, and that was due to a war.

Ken777

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 pm

CCGPV wrote:

Relax

Those missiles o through routine maintenance and then go back to the fleet/field. Then in time, if they are not used, they will be pulled apart with some parts destroyed or rolled off a barge into a deep sea.

The most powerful missile on our ship in the 60's was the Talos. Some were used for training and some were used to drop MIG 21's and the rest were destroyed in one way or another.

Personality I prefer to send in cruise missiles than fighters/bombers with Americans (or allies) driving.

TWA772LR

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:26 pm

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

This times 100000000. No mater how many terms Trump serves, I hope he's healthy and doesn't get booted from office during that time. Pence is the Cheney to Trumps Bush.
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

seb146

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 pm

I wonder what the Pence connection to all of this is? I heard a strategist a while ago say that it would be best for the nation if tRump were left on his own. That taking out Pence and the inner circle would be best before going after tRump.

Francoflier

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:34 pm

The best way to tackle Trump's dangerous idiocy is to render him harmless with a DNC house until such time when he can be voted off.

He'll love it, too. He can finish his term doing what he likes most: blaming the Democrats for everything.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

NIKV69

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 pm

anrec80 wrote:
salttee wrote:

The saddest part in this post - it's that there's no adequate candidate for US president position on the horizon.

Yes there is Andrew Cuomo. A moderate who gets the economy and business but thinks we should have legal drugs. He will run in the next two cycles and win. Biden is plan B and adequate as far as Dems go.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

afcjets

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
I wonder what the Pence connection to all of this is? I heard a strategist a while ago say that it would be best for the nation if tRump were left on his own. That taking out Pence and the inner circle would be best before going after tRump.

None, I don't think Trump even knew Pence before he picked him. Who was this strategist? I give him a lot of credit for admitting this is a witch hunt.

salttee

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Yes there is Andrew Cuomo. A moderate who gets the economy and business but thinks we should have legal drugs. He will run in the next two cycles and win. Biden is plan B and adequate as far as Dems go.
That's a misquote. I never said that.

CCGPV

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:13 am

Ken777 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Relax

Those missiles o through routine maintenance and then go back to the fleet/field. Then in time, if they are not used, they will be pulled apart with some parts destroyed or rolled off a barge into a deep sea.

The most powerful missile on our ship in the 60's was the Talos. Some were used for training and some were used to drop MIG 21's and the rest were destroyed in one way or another.

Personality I prefer to send in cruise missiles than fighters/bombers with Americans (or allies) driving.

I'd prefer if we didn't launch anything OR send in our guys.

Let someone else waste their time over there.
Stay curious

BawliBooch

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 am

I wonder if 70's style protests would work now in today's America?

But today's generation is too materialistic and *err* dumbed down. Bieberised America cant take on Trump the way the hippies took on Nixon.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle! on twitter @Banwaarilal

CCGPV

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:38 am

BawliBooch wrote:
I wonder if 70's style protests would work now in today's America?

But today's generation is too materialistic and *err* dumbed down. Bieberised America cant take on Trump the way the hippies took on Nixon.

Hippies did nothing to stop Nixon.

Civil unrest can still effect change if enough people do it for long enough. Sometimes violence and other illegal activity is necessary.

The thing is about today is that its just not that bad for 95% of people. There's no war, no big inflation, people have stuff. Most aren't going to risk losing their job and going to jail violently protesting Tweets or douche bag behavior.
Stay curious

seb146

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

None, I don't think Trump even knew Pence before he picked him. Who was this strategist? I give him a lot of credit for admitting this is a witch hunt.

If it were a witch hunt, special prosecutors and investigators would be changing the narrative every few weeks. See: Bill Clinton. People on both sides (I can't believe I said that!) were screaming about Russian involvement in the 2016 elections, so there is another reason why this is not a witch hunt. You said it is a witch hunt so that is reason three this is not a witch hunt. Oh, but tRump said it over and over, so it must be, right?

c933103

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Even if all these events comes out unfavorably against Trunp I don't think it would cause his president term to be shortened as his supporters doesn't seems to mind them

jetero

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 pm

c933103 wrote:
Even if all these events comes out unfavorably against Trunp I don't think it would cause his president term to be shortened as his supporters doesn't seems to mind them

Who knows what they would think if the investigation were completed and facts were presented openly?

It's as clear as day Trump is running scared because he knows he's guilty as hell.

KICT
Topic Author

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Lordy, there are tapes.
Cohen has been wiretapped for some time now. :)

OA412

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:03 pm

c933103 wrote:

Whether his supporters don't mind is irrelevant if he's indicted for breaking the law. Trump's constant attacks against the independent investigation reek of guilt. An innocent party doesn't need to cast doubt on an investigation against them. They'll allow it to play out and prove what they knew to be true all along.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

2122M

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:19 pm

OA412 wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Whether his supporters don't mind is irrelevant if he's indicted for breaking the law. Trump's constant attacks against the independent investigation reek of guilt. An innocent party doesn't need to cast doubt on an investigation against them. They'll allow it to play out and prove what they knew to be true all along.

With that in mind it would almost be funny if the probe did exonerate him completely after he's been undermining its credibility for 2 years. So many of his supporters have been conditioned to not believe anything that comes from this report that the only way they might ever think Trump is guilty of something is if the probe found him innocent of everything.

seb146

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:27 pm

The book is not even out and tRump and his minions are out screaming how it is all lies and how terrible Obama and Hillary are and all the name calling. I think this is very telling and interesting that everything is hitting close to home. Discredit the source before any information comes out. The worst part is the right wing media and the base believe tRump and his insane rants! I guarantee that WHEN the entire administration is led off in handcuffs, the right wing media and the base will still be suing and crying about witch hunts and how unfair "liberals" treat them and on and on and endless whining.....

N14AZ

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm

910A wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Bush 2 is the only President that lost the popular vote that won re-election, and that was due to a war.

Pheeew, let‘s hope Mr. Trump doesn’t read a.net. Otherwise he now knows what to do...

Without kidding, I think they will elect him again, even without starting a war.

ltbewr

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:18 pm

As I have stated earlier, the odds of Impeachment and removal of Trump from office are about as good as one winning a big jackpot lottery. Every week, we see and hear more possible issues to justify the Impeachment and removal of Trump. Over the last week, it has been about Comey's book, the bombing in Syria, the seizing of documents and computers from one of his closest attorneys, before that, his possible firing of Dep. AG, Mueller, Sessions or some other jerk, next week it will probably about his fathering a love child or paying for an abortion.
Short of giving Putin the nuke 'football', I don't see him facing Impeachment until next year and even then, long odds of removal or his resigning.

777222LR

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Is the job of president so "un-busy" that he has time to tweet all day long? It's astounding that he tweets more than a teenage girl. The rest of us have to work and all he does it bait his base and the opposing party every...damn...day. I guess the seriousness of his attack in Syria has a short shelf life. He has no clear direction, and is an over all S#!+ show.

DocLightning

Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 pm

CCGPV wrote:

If the DNC has either house, then a Pence presidency will be pretty bland.

Remember, the President's major power is not domestic, but international. Mr. Pence is the most unctuous, sanctimonious kind of prick I can imagine, but at least he's unlikely to press the Big Red Button.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan