• 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 10
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 am

VTKillarney wrote:
An interesting development. ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl, on ABC’s "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos, said that those who are hoping for a "bombshell" in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation are likely to be disappointed, according to his sources.

The exact quote:
"What I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there have been expectations that have been building, of course, for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."


Ok and when was that from? That sounds oddly familiar to some non-news I read a month or two ago. The fact is, he's acting erratic in plain sight. It's not even the report, he can't even give Fox news a straight answer when asked if he's ever worked for Russia.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 am

salttee wrote:
Who is Jonathan Karl? For that matter, does ABC still have a "news" department? Have they broken any stories in the last few decades? Does anybody watch them?

He is the Chief White House Correspondent for ABC news.

ABC’s news department is still quite active. Landing George Stephanopoulos was a major coup.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 am

Jouhou wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
An interesting development. ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl, on ABC’s "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos, said that those who are hoping for a "bombshell" in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation are likely to be disappointed, according to his sources.

The exact quote:
"What I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there have been expectations that have been building, of course, for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."


Ok and when was that from?

It’s from today.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 am

If the Russians wanted to undermine America, would they a) try to install a president who nobody thought would ever get elected in the first place or... b) spread disinformation and propaganda to make people THINK the president and government was illegitimate, make people doubt their leaders, destroy peoples faith in their government, polarize the nation and set them against each other?

They'd do the latter. Less risk. More return. Better long term results.

People who push the "Russia collusion" mantra may be unwittingly doing EXACTLY what Russia wants them to do by undermining peoples’ faith in our political system. That meets Russia’s goals far more effectively than installing any single politician could.
 
winginit
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 am

VTKillarney wrote:
An interesting development. ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl, on ABC’s "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos, said that those who are hoping for a "bombshell" in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation are likely to be disappointed, according to his sources.

The exact quote:
"What I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there have been expectations that have been building, of course, for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."


Not really all that different from what Politico started saying back in October, so hardly a development.

I for one am not expecting any sort of bombshell or smoking gun from the Mueller report.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 am

VTKillarney wrote:
If the Russians wanted to undermine America, would they a) try to install a president who nobody thought would ever get elected in the first place or... b) spread disinformation and propaganda to make people THINK the president and government was illegitimate, make people doubt their leaders, destroy peoples faith in their government, polarize the nation and set them against each other?

They'd do the latter. Less risk. More return. Better long term results.

People who push the "Russia collusion" mantra may be unwittingly doing EXACTLY what Russia wants them to do by undermining peoples’ faith in our political system. That meets Russia’s goals far more effectively than installing any single politician could.


I'm starting to think you're a Russian plant. What state are you from exactly?

Trump didn't want to win, we are starting to see why.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 am

VTKillarney wrote:
An interesting development. ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl, on ABC’s "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos, said that those who are hoping for a "bombshell" in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation are likely to be disappointed, according to his sources.

The exact quote:
"What I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there have been expectations that have been building, of course, for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."



I’d be fascinated to know the terror going on in your head right now. You’ve gone on record here many times as “Pooh-poohing” this entire Mueller investigation, more than most people do.

There is literally no way this information leads to a Trump “acquittal.” None.

Yet you choose to fight it tooth and nail. Oh sure, there was this whole weak attempt at portraying yourself as “moderate.” Or feverishly attempting to find one - just one, god! - article/resource that would make you look somewhat erudite.

But c’mon - we all know that this is a corrupt administration at best, and a traitorous Russian asset at worst (SPOILER: its looking like the worst right now). You can obfuscate, bamboozle, and deflect all you like, but even you realize somewhere deep down that it’s the end of the road here.

This man is a Russian asset. Period. Fullstop.

(PS: most grammarians differentiate between “hung” and “hanged,” e.g. “johnboy is hung like a mule” and “Donald J. Trump should be hanged like the traitorous slug he is.”)
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:39 am

VTKillarney wrote:
If the Russians wanted to undermine America, would they a) try to install a president who nobody thought would ever get elected in the first place or... b) spread disinformation and propaganda to make people THINK the president and government was illegitimate, make people doubt their leaders, destroy peoples faith in their government, polarize the nation and set them against each other?

They'd do the latter. Less risk. More return. Better long term results.

People who push the "Russia collusion" mantra may be unwittingly doing EXACTLY what Russia wants them to do by undermining peoples’ faith in our political system. That meets Russia’s goals far more effectively than installing any single politician could.


Why couldn’t they do both? Looks to me like that’s exactly what’s happening.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 am

It’s definitely a paradox. The Russians are supposed to be so deviously clever but they picked a candidate that nobody thought could win the primary, let alone the election. Occam’s razor would have something to say about that.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:40 am

VTKillarney wrote:
It’s definitely a paradox. The Russians are supposed to be so deviously clever but they picked a candidate that nobody thought could win the primary, let alone the election. Occam’s razor would have something to say about that.


Occam’s razor would also come into play with all the evidence ALREADY out against Trump.

Perhaps that he DID win answers your age old question about hacking.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 am

winginit wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
An interesting development. ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl, on ABC’s "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos, said that those who are hoping for a "bombshell" in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation are likely to be disappointed, according to his sources.

The exact quote:
"What I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there have been expectations that have been building, of course, for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic."


Not really all that different from what Politico started saying back in October, so hardly a development.

I for one am not expecting any sort of bombshell or smoking gun from the Mueller report.


Oh.... considering how much journalists already figured out i don´t expect a bombshell either. But proof of what we already suspect.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 am

johnboy wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s definitely a paradox. The Russians are supposed to be so deviously clever but they picked a candidate that nobody thought could win the primary, let alone the election. Occam’s razor would have something to say about that.


Occam’s razor would also come into play with all the evidence ALREADY out against Trump.

Perhaps that he DID win answers your age old question about hacking.


He is also working under the assumption that the "plan" was to install Donald Trump in the White House. From Troll activities we know that is not the case, they just wanted to disrupt US politics and make Hilary Clinton ineffective as a President. And Donald Trump was the perfect candidate for that, as he would never ever gracefully accept losing .....

They also needed someone they had enough dirt on to send to Prison. Money laundering for the Russian Mob and Iranian Terrorists would do just that just fine.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 am

Is this thread named a megathread because you intend to debate fruitless fantasies here until Jan 2025?
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 am

aviationaware wrote:
Is this thread named a megathread because you intend to debate fruitless fantasies here until Jan 2025?


Bless your heart.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 am

johnboy wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Is this thread named a megathread because you intend to debate fruitless fantasies here until Jan 2025?


Bless your heart.


Makes one think how in touch with reality people are that think Trump is going to be elected where he just gave the GOP the biggest Midterm defeat in 4 decades ..... during an economic boom.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 am

tommy1808 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Is this thread named a megathread because you intend to debate fruitless fantasies here until Jan 2025?


Bless your heart.


Makes one think how in touch with reality people are that think Trump is going to be elected where he just gave the GOP the biggest Midterm defeat in 4 decades ..... during an economic boom.

best regards
Thomas


I just made a screenshot of this to rub under your nose in 2020.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 am

aviationaware wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Bless your heart.


Makes one think how in touch with reality people are that think Trump is going to be elected where he just gave the GOP the biggest Midterm defeat in 4 decades ..... during an economic boom.

best regards
Thomas


I just made a screenshot of this to rub under your nose in 2020.


Geez, ever head of bookmarks?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:37 am

tommy1808 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Makes one think how in touch with reality people are that think Trump is going to be elected where he just gave the GOP the biggest Midterm defeat in 4 decades ..... during an economic boom.

best regards
Thomas


I just made a screenshot of this to rub under your nose in 2020.


Geez, ever head of bookmarks?

best regards
Thomas


I prefer it in a more visual way. Sticks better you see.

Meanwhile I'd like to recommend all the Russia story believers here go see a doctor as they clearly suffer from some severe condition. Can't see straight.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

aviationaware wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

I just made a screenshot of this to rub under your nose in 2020.


Geez, ever head of bookmarks?

best regards
Thomas


I prefer it in a more visual way. Sticks better you see.

Meanwhile I'd like to recommend all the Russia story believers here go see a doctor as they clearly suffer from some severe condition. Can't see straight.


The lady doth protest too much. One can always tell by the lack of any coherent content. One also doubts you’ll be around in 2020.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:48 am

tommy1808 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s definitely a paradox. The Russians are supposed to be so deviously clever but they picked a candidate that nobody thought could win the primary, let alone the election. Occam’s razor would have something to say about that.


Occam’s razor would also come into play with all the evidence ALREADY out against Trump.

Perhaps that he DID win answers your age old question about hacking.


He is also working under the assumption that the "plan" was to install Donald Trump in the White House. From Troll activities we know that is not the case, they just wanted to disrupt US politics and make Hilary Clinton ineffective as a President. And Donald Trump was the perfect candidate for that, as he would never ever gracefully accept losing .....

They also needed someone they had enough dirt on to send to Prison. Money laundering for the Russian Mob and Iranian Terrorists would do just that just fine.

best regards
Thomas


Don’t forget us!!
- yours truly, Saudi Arabia
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 am

One thing is for sure. If the Mueller report doesn’t deliver, the Democrats have handed Trump a 2020 victory. The backlash in the battleground states won’t be pretty, especially with a socialist nominee.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
One thing is for sure. If the Mueller report doesn’t deliver, the Democrats have handed Trump a 2020 victory. The backlash in the battleground states won’t be pretty, especially with a socialist nominee.


He is already an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony..... i am not so sure that all Republican voters will knowingly elect a felon. It would be 2016 reversed, only based on real crimes instead of made up ones. It is supposed to be a law and order party and there will be republicans with a spine left.

But i am sure Fox and Russian trolls are going to spin it the "who cares he eats babies, Mueller didn´t find anything about Russia" way.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:42 pm

If there isn’t clear evidence of Trump colluding with Russia to undermine the electoral process, Trump has been handed a victory. And he should be handed it. Accountability matters. If you make a claim for years and smear someone’s reputation, you better be right.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Accountability matters..


yup, and in the case of Trump "Accountability" means serving time in Prison. Just like the guy he ordered to commit federal crimes will in 6 weeks.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Accountability matters..


yup, and in the case of Trump "Accountability" means serving time in Prison. Just like the guy he ordered to commit federal crimes will in 6 weeks.

Best regards
Thomas

Exactly. Accountability is a two way street. If Trump broke a law I have no problem with him being accountable for that. And if the Democrats have shouted things from the rooftops for two years that aren't true, they should (and will) be held accountable for that.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Accountability matters..


yup, and in the case of Trump "Accountability" means serving time in Prison. Just like the guy he ordered to commit federal crimes will in 6 weeks.

Best regards
Thomas

Exactly. Accountability is a two way street. If Trump broke a law I have no problem with him being accountable for that. And if the Democrats have shouted things from the rooftops for two years that aren't true, they should (and will) be held accountable for that.


I am totally fine with that. Trump can conveniently sue them for libel from his cell. No problem.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:57 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

I am totally fine with that. Trump can conveniently sue them for libel from his cell. No problem.

That's not how libel laws work. If Trump truly did something illegal, he would not have a basis to sue someone who alleged that he had done something illegal. If, on the other hand, he did nothing wrong, and he could show actual malice, he could sue. That said, I'm not talking about Trump's private remedies. I'm talking about public accountability. If the Democrats cannot deliver on their allegations, they will lose all credibility with independent voters - which means that their chances in 2020 will be scuttled.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:02 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
- which means that their chances in 2020 will be scuttled.


i guess the GOP needs to run a different candidate then. Because putting a criminal in the White House isn´t "political accountability", remember how Hillary was unelectable because crime she very maybe may have committed...... electing a felon, especially if the statute of limitation runs out during his 2nd term, is obstruction of justice in spirit and in effect.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:03 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
- which means that their chances in 2020 will be scuttled.


i guess the GOP needs to run a different candidate then. Because putting a criminal in the White House isn´t "political accountability", remember how Hillary was unelectable because crime she very maybe may have committed...... electing a felon, especially if the statute of limitation runs out during his 2nd term, is obstruction of justice in spirit and in effect.

best regards
Thomas

Well... as we sit here today Trump is not a criminal. So you are getting ahead of yourself. Which is exactly my point. It's fine if the Democrats want to do that - they just better be right.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:15 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
- which means that their chances in 2020 will be scuttled.


i guess the GOP needs to run a different candidate then. Because putting a criminal in the White House isn´t "political accountability", remember how Hillary was unelectable because crime she very maybe may have committed...... electing a felon, especially if the statute of limitation runs out during his 2nd term, is obstruction of justice in spirit and in effect.

best regards
Thomas

Well... as we sit here today Trump is not a criminal. So you are getting ahead of yourself.


You know just as well as me that the only reason he isn´t going to prison in 6 weeks is that he as a sitting president can not be indicted. A federal court has already ruled that every word and punctuation mark in the sentencing memo for Cohen is a fact, including the bit that he directed a crime, fully knowing that it was a crime. He is a criminal.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
- which means that their chances in 2020 will be scuttled.


i guess the GOP needs to run a different candidate then. Because putting a criminal in the White House isn´t "political accountability", remember how Hillary was unelectable because crime she very maybe may have committed...... electing a felon, especially if the statute of limitation runs out during his 2nd term, is obstruction of justice in spirit and in effect.

best regards
Thomas

Well... as we sit here today Trump is not a criminal. So you are getting ahead of yourself. Which is exactly my point. It's fine if the Democrats want to do that - they just better be right.


So now you’ve gone from “there’s no evidence at all” to “you’d better be right.” I guess that’s progress. And just remember, he has already been labeled an unindicted co-conspirator.

Oh wait, there’s this tidbit about Kremlin plans to infiltrate the wider conservative movement via the NRA (just like I indicated earlier; I do believe you took a dump on that one too):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremlin-b ... eport-says
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

You know just as well as me that the only reason he isn´t going to prison in 6 weeks is that he as a sitting president can not be indicted. A federal court has already ruled that every word and punctuation mark in the sentencing memo for Cohen is a fact, including the bit that he directed a crime, fully knowing that it was a crime. He is a criminal.

I know that in the United States we have due process. I know that someone looking for leniency has made an allegation that Trump directed him to make payments to two alleged mistresses in order to maintain their silence. I know that legal scholars cannot even agree on whether or not, if true, this was a criminal act. I also know that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Russian collusion.

If this is all the Democrats have, they can kiss 2020 goodbye.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

i guess the GOP needs to run a different candidate then. Because putting a criminal in the White House isn´t "political accountability", remember how Hillary was unelectable because crime she very maybe may have committed...... electing a felon, especially if the statute of limitation runs out during his 2nd term, is obstruction of justice in spirit and in effect.

best regards
Thomas

Well... as we sit here today Trump is not a criminal. So you are getting ahead of yourself.


You know just as well as me that the only reason he isn´t going to prison in 6 weeks is that he as a sitting president can not be indicted. A federal court has already ruled that every word and punctuation mark in the sentencing memo for Cohen is a fact, including the bit that he directed a crime, fully knowing that it was a crime. He is a criminal.

best regards
Thomas


I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely no law that states this is true.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
I also know that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Russian collusion.

If this is all the Democrats have, they can kiss 2020 goodbye.


1) Why don’t we wait for the report to come out before you claim victory? You know, like you’ve said in just about every thread?

2) As if. There’s no way Trump will be able to survive until 2020. The corruption is just too much. Mueller’s specialty is mob cases - this is the biggest mob case in the history of the US, and the sheer amount of dumbf*ckery with this family almost guarantees conviction.
 
747Whale
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:29 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
If the Russians wanted to undermine America, would they a) try to install a president who nobody thought would ever get elected in the first place or... b) spread disinformation and propaganda to make people THINK the president and government was illegitimate, make people doubt their leaders, destroy peoples faith in their government, polarize the nation and set them against each other?

They'd do the latter. Less risk. More return. Better long term results.

People who push the "Russia collusion" mantra may be unwittingly doing EXACTLY what Russia wants them to do by undermining peoples’ faith in our political system. That meets Russia’s goals far more effectively than installing any single politician could.


The russians did the former. Even trump didn't think he'd get elected.

The russians don't need to spread disinformaiton and propaganda to make people think the president is incompetent. He does that himself.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10777
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm

johnboy wrote:
I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely no law that states this is true.


as long as the DoJ thinks it is true it doesn´t matter if there is a specific law.

VTKillarney wrote:
I know that someone looking for leniency has made an allegation that Trump directed him to make payments to two alleged mistresses in order to maintain their silence.


well... the court has ruled that what he said is fact, so that is that.

I know that legal scholars cannot even agree on whether or not, if true, this was a criminal act.


Yeah, those on the Fox payroll. Remember that this already was decided a few years ago and absolutely is a crime if done a) with the intention to effect the election and b) knowing it is illegal. We have a ruling on both of those question as well.

I also know that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Russian collusion.


i never claimed it did. I just pointed out correctly that we already do know that Trump conspired to commit crimes.

If this is all the Democrats have, they can kiss 2020 goodbye.


well... since absolutely nothing brought up against Hillary could hold any water the obvious solution is for Pence to step down, Trump to make Hillary his new VP and then resign, or is all you are saying just hypocrisy?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:40 pm

johnboy wrote:
1) Why don’t we wait for the report to come out before you claim victory?

On this we partially agree. I don't think that either side should be taking any victory laps until Mueller's report comes out.
 
winginit
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:28 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
One thing is for sure. If the Mueller report doesn’t deliver, the Democrats have handed Trump a 2020 victory. The backlash in the battleground states won’t be pretty, especially with a socialist nominee.


That is a comical assertion. Investigations and their results aside, Trump's 2020 campaign will be made or broken by two things: the stock market and the broader economy.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Why would Trump throw out the notes taken by an interpreter in private meetings with Putin?

It seems quite suspicious.


https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/repo ... 5078851575
Last edited by casinterest on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely no law that states this is true.


as long as the DoJ thinks it is true it doesn´t matter if there is a specific law.

Yet your assertion is incorrect. There is no reason to think a sitting president can't be indicted.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
Why would Trump throw out the notes taken by an interpreter in private meetings with Putin?

It seems quite suspicious.


https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/repo ... 5078851575

I don't think that throwing out notes is unusual. In business it is standard practice, and let's not forget that Trump came from the business world. It's definitely not like he wiped an email server clean.
 
2122M
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Why would Trump throw out the notes taken by an interpreter in private meetings with Putin?

It seems quite suspicious.


https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/repo ... 5078851575

I don't think that throwing out notes is unusual. In business it is standard practice, and let's not forget that Trump came from the business world. It's definitely not like he wiped an email server clean.


But... But.. But Hillary! (If you want to Clinton bash, start a new thread)

Anyway, it is very unusual, almost unprecedented, for a president's senior administration staff to be kept in the dark about meetings with foreign leaders.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 1404
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

johnboy wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I also know that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Russian collusion.

If this is all the Democrats have, they can kiss 2020 goodbye.


1) Why don’t we wait for the report to come out before you claim victory? You know, like you’ve said in just about every thread?


When is the report due date? Or is there no date?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:01 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Why would Trump throw out the notes taken by an interpreter in private meetings with Putin?

It seems quite suspicious.


https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/repo ... 5078851575

I don't think that throwing out notes is unusual. In business it is standard practice, and let's not forget that Trump came from the business world. It's definitely not like he wiped an email server clean.



So it is ok to meet with the leader of a country, and throw out all notes of what was discussed? That doesn't seem like what they wanted to discuss had anything to do with Normal matters related the Presidency. I guess we will find out. Mueller or the House will subpoena the interpreter for his recollection. And his will be rather clear as he had to take Russian and English and translate them.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
winginit
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
johnboy wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I also know that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Russian collusion.

If this is all the Democrats have, they can kiss 2020 goodbye.


1) Why don’t we wait for the report to come out before you claim victory? You know, like you’ve said in just about every thread?


When is the report due date? Or is there no date?


There are no 'due dates' for Independent or Special Counsel Investigations, and to date the average Special Counsel Investigation has taken 904 days:

Image

Today marks 607 days since special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed, so still a ways to go before we hit even the average.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
So it is ok to meet with the leader of a country, and throw out all notes of what was discussed?

Well, here is what a government official with knowledge of interpreting practices told the New York Times:
In addition, many interpreters often destroy their notes if a security official has not already requested them after highly classified conversations.

An actual interpreter told the New York Times:
“They go into the garbage bin pretty immediately,” Ms. Tsaplina said of her notes. “Because they’re useless.”

And one more:
Stenography, Ms. van Reigersberg added, is “not what our job is.”

The article goes on to say that destroying notes has historically been a common practice when an American president enters a highly sensitive meeting with a foreign leader, particularly an adversarial one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/us/p ... reter.html
 
2122M
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:30 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
So it is ok to meet with the leader of a country, and throw out all notes of what was discussed?

Well, here is what a government official with knowledge of interpreting practices told the New York Times:
In addition, many interpreters often destroy their notes if a security official has not already requested them after highly classified conversations.

An actual interpreter told the New York Times:
“They go into the garbage bin pretty immediately,” Ms. Tsaplina said of her notes. “Because they’re useless.”

And one more:
Stenography, Ms. van Reigersberg added, is “not what our job is.”

The article goes on to say that destroying notes has historically been a common practice when an American president enters a highly sensitive meeting with a foreign leader, particularly an adversarial one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/us/p ... reter.html


How many of those meetings involved the president, the foreign leader and NO OTHER staff?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:38 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
So it is ok to meet with the leader of a country, and throw out all notes of what was discussed?


The article goes on to say that destroying notes has historically been a common practice when an American president enters a highly sensitive meeting with a foreign leader, particularly an adversarial one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/us/p ... reter.html


But what if he comes out after that meeting and throws American Citizens under the bus as he has done? Shouldn't that raise a concern?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 pm

2122M wrote:
How many of those meetings involved the president, the foreign leader and NO OTHER staff?

Let me know if you find out the answer to this.
 
winginit
Posts: 2549
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
How many of those meetings involved the president, the foreign leader and NO OTHER staff?

Let me know if you find out the answer to this.


There is historical precedent for such behavior... from (drumroll)... Nixon
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, redtas7 and 34 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos