2122M

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
How many of those meetings involved the president, the foreign leader and NO OTHER staff?

Let me know if you find out the answer to this.

Oh, is it my turn to teach you how to use goggle?

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/13/68492079 ... with-putin :

""This is just at odds with how presidents have conducted diplomacy for decades and decades in the United States," said Washington Post reporter Greg Miller in a Sunday interview with NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro on Weekend Edition. "He's taking steps that suggest that there are things being discussed here that he doesn't even want his staff to hear about or to understand."
Then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was present at that Hamburg meeting, which occurred at the G-20 summit.
Officials also told the Post that they never received a full, detailed account of Trump's meeting with Putin in Helsinki in July 2018. No administration officials or aides were in the room for that talk."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 58f1b071f1

"As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference."

It being highly unusual and at odds with protocol are concerning, especially considering the dubious relationship between the two.

Also, does Trump think he's the king? Why is he shutting his own administration out of details relating to his conversations with Putin. It's his own administration. Coming from a business background I would hope he would value the foreign policy experience of those around him when it comes to things like Russian relations. But apparently he doesn't feel the need to share his conversations with Putin. I wonder why that is.....

Dieuwer

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 pm

winginit wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
johnboy wrote:

1) Why don’t we wait for the report to come out before you claim victory? You know, like you’ve said in just about every thread?

When is the report due date? Or is there no date?

There are no 'due dates' for Independent or Special Counsel Investigations, and to date the average Special Counsel Investigation has taken 904 days:

Today marks 607 days since special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed, so still a ways to go before we hit even the average.

Great. Thanks.

seb146

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:24 am

Just a thought:

SOME of the same people saying "let's not rush to judgement" are SOME of the same people insisting Obama's birth certificate (long form or short form, take your pick) is fake.

Just sayin'
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 am

DL717 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
trump is a fucking worthless traitor.

Boy are you going to find yourself disappointed.

Considering the real disappointment comes if we find out we're right and find ourselves amidst the worst constitutional crisis we've ever had in the history of the nation, I hope not. I hope Trump is just a dope who didn't know what his campaign team was doing.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:53 am

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

You know just as well as me that the only reason he isn´t going to prison in 6 weeks is that he as a sitting president can not be indicted. A federal court has already ruled that every word and punctuation mark in the sentencing memo for Cohen is a fact, including the bit that he directed a crime, fully knowing that it was a crime. He is a criminal.

I know that in the United States we have due process. I know that someone looking for leniency has made an allegation that Trump directed him to make payments to two alleged mistresses in order to maintain their silence. I know that legal scholars cannot even agree on whether or not, if true, this was a criminal act. I also know that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Russian collusion.

If this is all the Democrats have, they can kiss 2020 goodbye.

There's a reason why this was spun off into SDNY's jurisdiction. Just like Trump golf clubs handing out take green cards to illegal immigrants was spun off from the main investigation.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:30 am

So, this isn't resignation/impeachment related, but Trump related and eyebrow raising

Apparently when his kitchen staff is furloughed, this is how he entertains guests. :rotfl:

I was wrong about him, he is capable of empathy. He is graciously treating people to his own favorite foods.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:33 am

salttee wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely no law that states this is true.

as long as the DoJ thinks it is true it doesn´t matter if there is a specific law.

Yet your assertion is incorrect. There is no reason to think a sitting president can't be indicted.

I would assume the DoJ memo has reasons, so there are obviously reasons to think that.

That being said, i agree that a President, sitting, elect or former, has to answer to the law just like anybody else, but i also agree that not everyone that can bring indictments should be able to do so against the head of state. But there should be a process to allow it on a case by case basis. Here members of parliament have immunity, but that can be taken away with a simply majority vote....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

bgm

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 am

Jouhou wrote:
Apparently when his kitchen staff is furloughed, this is how he entertains guests. :rotfl:

I was wrong about him, he is capable of empathy. He is graciously treating people to his own favorite foods.

I've never heard the words 'banquet' and 'fast food' used in the same sentence before. Serving McDonald's in in the White House? Quite fitting for this classy Administration.

Aren't those Big Macs going to be cold by the time the photo op is over? Maybe he could donate some of them to the 800,000+ staff he is starving.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 am

bgm wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

I've never heard the words 'banquet' and 'fast food' used in the same sentence before. Serving McDonald's in in the White House? Quite fitting for this classy Administration.

Aren't those Big Macs going to be cold by the time the photo op is over? Maybe he could donate some of them to the 800,000+ staff he is starving.

I'm seriously wondering though, maybe he's enjoying this shutdown because he hates the white house food? Maybe he's always dreamed of something like this. We can clearly see in the image piles of known Trump favorites.

tbh, I'm trying to just look at this image without thinking about all the bad context. Remember, I'm a fed, I sort of need to keep my own morale up by not feeling complete and utter despair with our country's leadership. Otherwise it gets hard motivating myself to work.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 am

bgm wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

It's the birthday [email protected] he never got... a dream come true.

Best regards
Thomas

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am

tommy1808 wrote:
bgm wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

There's Wendy's and Burger King at the other end of the table. Fast food fantasy.

bgm

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 am

Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
bgm wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

There's Wendy's and Burger King at the other end of the table. Fast food fantasy.

Burger King is there so he can wear this and declare himself King!

████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 am

Now that's the spirit!

Dutchy

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 am

Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO, Aides Say Amid New Concerns Over Russia

WASHINGTON — There are few things that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia desires more than the weakening of NATO, the military alliance among the United States, Europe and Canada that has deterred Soviet and Russian aggression for 70 years.

Last year, President Trump suggested a move tantamount to destroying NATO: the withdrawal of the United States.

Senior administration officials told The New York Times that several times over the course of 2018, Mr. Trump privately said he wanted to withdraw from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Current and former officials who support the alliance said they feared Mr. Trump could return to his threat as allied military spending continued to lag behind the goals the president had set.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/p ... trump.html

There you go, in the pocket of Putin............

Trump makes the US an unreliable partner for its traditional allies in Europe and beyond, Trump makes the US a reliable partner for Russia and North Korea. Is this what Trump voters are defending?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Jouhou

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am

Dutchy wrote:
Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO, Aides Say Amid New Concerns Over Russia

WASHINGTON — There are few things that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia desires more than the weakening of NATO, the military alliance among the United States, Europe and Canada that has deterred Soviet and Russian aggression for 70 years.

Last year, President Trump suggested a move tantamount to destroying NATO: the withdrawal of the United States.

Senior administration officials told The New York Times that several times over the course of 2018, Mr. Trump privately said he wanted to withdraw from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Current and former officials who support the alliance said they feared Mr. Trump could return to his threat as allied military spending continued to lag behind the goals the president had set.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/p ... trump.html

There you go, in the pocket of Putin............

Trump makes the US an unreliable partner for its traditional allies in Europe and beyond, Trump makes the US a reliable partner for Russia and North Korea. Is this what Trump voters are defending?

At least they are too busy advocating for a wall to go all-in on this bandwagon.

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 pm

President Donald Trump's former "fixer" Michael Cohen said Thursday that he paid the head of a small technology company thousands in 2015 to rig online polls at "the direction of and for the sole benefit of" Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics ... index.html

So here we have evidence of Trump paying to manipulate polls. This is going to get fun folks.
Where ever you go, there you are.

VTKillarney

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:28 pm

casinterest wrote:
President Donald Trump's former "fixer" Michael Cohen said Thursday that he paid the head of a small technology company thousands in 2015 to rig online polls at "the direction of and for the sole benefit of" Trump

So here we have evidence of Trump paying to manipulate polls. This is going to get fun folks.

I honestly don't see a problem with this. It's not illegal as far as I can tell. Somebody probably developed a bot that could vote multiple times in some dopey online poll. Pretty clever, actually.

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:32 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I honestly don't see a problem with this. It's not illegal as far as I can tell. Somebody probably developed a bot that could vote multiple times in some dopey online poll. Pretty clever, actually.

One person, One vote. People that don't have a problem with this, don't believe in democracy.

Other than that, this is another proof that Trump was not above paying for activity to benefit himself or the campaign. There is going to be much more proof along the way.

VTKillarney

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 pm

You do realize that when they say polls they mean dopey online polls, don’t you?

trpmb6

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 pm

if he was rigging polls he didn't do a very good job of it. And you guys always say Trump does nothing buy lie, and he was always talking about rigged polls. So was he telling the truth then? Honestly makes Cohen look worse imo.

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:44 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
You do realize that when they say polls they mean dopey online polls, don’t you?

Polls are Polls, and to pay to rig it is still a criminal offense.

It also makes you wonder what else Trump paid for in 2016 doesn't it?

winginit

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Is it? What's your source there?

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 pm

winginit wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

It is Criminal Fraud at the least. Election Rigging is a stretch as no real vote was made.

winginit

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:56 pm

casinterest wrote:
winginit wrote:
casinterest wrote:

It is Criminal Fraud at the least. Election Rigging is a stretch as no real vote was made.

Again... source? Because while I'm no lawyer I'm pretty sure rigging an internet poll isn't even a misdemeanor.

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:10 pm

winginit wrote:
casinterest wrote:
winginit wrote:

Again... source? Because while I'm no lawyer I'm pretty sure rigging an internet poll isn't even a misdemeanor.

"
When a person is accused of criminal fraud, the case is brought by either local, state or federal prosecutors, who have to prove that they intended to commit the misrepresentation and to gain from it. These cases can be pursued even if the fraud was not successful and nobody was actually harmed. Common examples of criminal fraud include:

"

https://www.bochettoandlentz.com/crimin ... ifference/

VTKillarney

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Has there ever been a prosecution in our history for rigging and Internet poll? I really don’t think it’s a criminal act. Not even close.

VTKillarney

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:13 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

No, a random Internet poll is not the same as an actual election.

KICT
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:47 am

While we're on the subject, suborning perjury is a crime...

"President Trump personally directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build Trump Tower Moscow."

Impeachment is all but certain now. It is inevitable.
People are saying. Believe me.

seb146

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:17 am

Yet another temper tantrum from the orange man-baby

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46911478
https://theweek.com/speedreads/818462/t ... palm-beach

Third in the leadership line can not visit the troops but FLOTUS can relax in Florida. Maybe individual #1 does not want to be shown up? How long did it take him to visit the troops vs. Pelosi?

tommy1808

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:25 am

winginit wrote:
casinterest wrote:
winginit wrote:

It is one of those things where intentions matter. If you do manipulate an internet poll to influence an election without disclosing the payments, knowing such is illegal, that should be a campaign finance violation.

And the timing.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... 3June_2015

best regards
Thomas

DocLightning

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:28 am

KICT wrote:
Impeachment is all but certain now. It is inevitable.

The issue is removal. Remember, in theory the House could impeach a President because it's Friday. But 67 senators need to vote to remove the President.

If the evidence is strong enough and enough Senators do not vote to remove him, then I think there would be cause to investigate those "nay" votes.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

seb146

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am

tommy1808 wrote:
winginit wrote:
casinterest wrote:

It is one of those things where intentions matter. If you do manipulate an internet poll to influence an election without disclosing the payments, knowing such is illegal, that should be a campaign finance violation.

best regards
Thomas

Tommy, Wikipedia is great for many things. It shows a lot of different views. Here are some other links about Cohen rigging polls in favor of his boss and Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... tried-rig/
https://www.wsj.com/articles/poll-riggi ... 1547722801

tommy1808

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:03 am

seb146 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
winginit wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Tommy, Wikipedia is great for many things. It shows a lot of different views. Here are some other links about Cohen rigging polls in favor of his boss and Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... tried-rig/
https://www.wsj.com/articles/poll-riggi ... 1547722801

Wiki is mostly a source collection, but they are really good with timelines and lists....

Anyhow, i just wanted to point out that the contacts between the people later forming the Trump campaign had contacts with Russia just smack before Cohen started his poll manipulation project..... and that the Russian side just had become difficult with regards to the the Moscow Trump Tower project.
"Hey Donald... you make the Primaries a bit more entertaining, and then we can move forward with the Tower" ..... and smack bang he was compromised and theirs forever.

best regards
Thomas

aviationaware

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:23 am

seb146 wrote:

Didn't think it was possible for me to love Trump even more, but pulling the rug from under Pelosi when she was already on her way to the air base just did the trick.

tommy1808

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:39 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Didn't think it was possible for me to love Trump even more, but pulling the rug from under Pelosi when she was already on her way to the air base just did the trick.

i am surprised either considering he put your beloved Iranian hardliners back in charge.

I am surprised though that the petty behavior of a 4 year old can impress you. ......

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So you hate the troops. Good to know.

She is third in line for the presidency. It took her a matter of days to decide and go visit the troops. The orange man baby had pressure put on him over two years that he felt he had to visit the troops. But, yeah, let's celebrate the one who spends every weekend at his private resort and eats fast food and tells people to have garage sales to pay rent.

Beyond that, this can also be seen as a breach of national security. Kinda serious. Not like he disclosed the location of Seal Team Five. Oh, wait

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/12/ ... -iraq.html

seahawk

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:50 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So much winning!! Bless your heart.

Francoflier

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:26 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46915909

So here's the latest rumor/scandal.
Trump would have directed Cohen to lie to investigators regarding the Trump's family dealings with Russia...

Now, Cohen has already admitted that he lied, but he took the blame and said lying was his own initiative.
This is currently unsubstantiated, as it comes from anonymous sources within the investigation. That being said, knowing Trump's behavior, character and past behavior of micromanaging the sh#t out of everything and everyone he's involved in or with, is it really hard to believe?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

casinterest

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Francoflier wrote:

Trump would have directed Cohen to lie to investigators regarding the Trump's family dealings with Russia...

Now, Cohen has already admitted that he lied, but he took the blame and said lying was his own initiative.
This is currently unsubstantiated, as it comes from anonymous sources within the investigation. That being said, knowing Trump's behavior, character and past behavior of micromanaging the sh#t out of everything and everyone he's involved in or with, is it really hard to believe?

It's not hard to believe. Cohen is a slimeball, but he is a slimeball for hire. Trump hired him for that reason. The real question is what does it matter. Most people know that Trump is a lying,racist, dishonorable coward looking to sell out this country. It is just a question of how many folks will go along with it for taxes, abortion, guns.

salttee

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm

casinterest wrote:
Most people know that Trump is a lying,racist, dishonorable coward looking to sell out this country. It is just a question of how many folks will go along with it for taxes, abortion, guns.

And no more "mexicans".*

* "mexicans" in this usage is a metaphor to symbolize most non-native English speaking people as in "Ilhan Omar is just another gd mexican".
Last edited by salttee on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casinterest

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Trump is super triggered this morning.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5916502017

Does he not realize that Cohen kept records?

Berevoff

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:15 pm

Boy I bet Trump is looking forward to school shooting season that's about to start. Something, ANYTHING to get the news off his back!

KICT
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm

We can add witness intimidation to the list of impeachable offenses...
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 02017?s=21

KICT
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:41 pm

And now this...
https://bit.ly/2RTfjxs

wingman

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:58 pm

aviationaware wrote:

Didn't think it was possible for me to love Trump even more, but pulling the rug from under Pelosi when she was already on her way to the air base just did the trick.[/quote]

You can visit him at Leavenworth and touch palms through the 1" glass. Try not to secrete too much.

winginit

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Francoflier wrote:

Michael Cohen's credibility should be perpetually questioned, but he keeps records, and if he does indeed have irrefutable evidence that Trump directed him to lie to congress about a proposed Trump Moscow project as is being reported then that's all folks - might as well start packing up the White House.

KICT
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:34 pm

The credibility of evidence FBI agents seized from Cohen's various residences is not in question.

salttee

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 am

trav777 wrote:
Every media personality reporting on this stupid fkin hoax has basically already been caught on camera saying there's nothing to this.
What particular stupid fkin hoax are you talking about? This is a seven page thread so far.
trav777 wrote:
If it were true it'd have come out already. The notion of it on its face is patently absurd.
If you're talking about the BuzzFeed story that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress you must be expecting a leak from Muller's office. It would have been the first if it was leaked.

You're just going to have to sit back and wait for Muller's report like everyone else.

Edit: No wait Muller denies the Buzzfeed story.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics ... index.html
Last edited by salttee on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

trav777

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:28 am

salttee wrote:
trav777 wrote:
Every media personality reporting on this stupid fkin hoax has basically already been caught on camera saying there's nothing to this.
What particular stupid fkin hoax are you talking about? This is a seven page thread so far.
trav777 wrote:
If it were true it'd have come out already. The notion of it on its face is patently absurd.
If you're talking about the BuzzFeed story that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress you must be expecting a leak from Muller's office. It would have been the first if it was leaked.

You're just going to have to sit back and wait for Muller's report like everyone else.

Mueller...lol.

A dude who's on a fishing expedition to justify his existence. The hoax is the entire Russia narrative hatched by corrupt officials within DOJ who were partisan hacks. Some of them ended upon Mueller's very investigation, no way huh?

There's quite a bit to dislike about Dump but the notion that the Russians somehow got him elected...this is the most fanciful nonsense EVER floated and it's so absurd that it immediately identifies anyone who believes it as an idiot.

Prior to the GOP primaries I had a shouting match with a GOP PAC chick about who was gonna win...this guy was on nobody's radar screen, nobody gave him any chance, he was totally written off as a joke. And you think the Russians rode THAT horse? Like they saw he was, against all odds, gonna win if they just had unrelated trolls on FB post some lame crap that nobody saw?

Meanwhile the ENTIRE national media ran a hitjob on him and falsified polls showing his opponent with a double digit lead on election night? LOL

I mean hey man I own a couple bridges- you in the market?

salttee

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:32 am

trav777 wrote:
The hoax is the entire Russia narrative hatched by corrupt officials within DOJ who were partisan hacks. Some of them ended upon Mueller's very investigation, no way huh?

Anyone can plainly see that Trump is up to his elbows with Putin and Russia. Why can't you?