Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
User avatar
Tugger
Topic Author
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 3:40 pm

So another school shooting and more "God blessing" and "thoughts a prayers" and nothing done.

Sorry you had to die for some people's imagined absolute "right" to no limit access to guns. Yes it is people that kill, the gun is merely the tool they use to kill at range and indiscriminately and in large numbers. And that I why I support gun control, which actually works to address the people that want to own, use, and have access to firearms. Such rules regulations and requirements are proper and appropriate and fully allowable within US law. That we do nothing is on us, all of us, since the majority of that US does actually support greater requirements on gun use, access, and ownership.

So to those that will die in the coming days and years due to guns and the misuse of firearms (even if it is suicide): I am sorry you had to die but many people think it is the right thing that you die.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5050
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Nothing changed after Columbine. Nothing changed after Sandy Hook, Stoneman Douglas or Las Vegas.

Nothing will change now. The same people will use the same arguments, and no doubt the first nutcases are already spreading the first theories about this being a 'false flag' event, with 'crisis actors'. I can hear Alex Jones warming up already. Nothing will get done, and we'll just wait for the next one.
 
desertjets
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 3:12 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 3:56 pm

I've been thoughting and prayering as hard as I can.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Nothing changes because in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. Its a tragedy for those involved but the sheer numbers of people affected is smaller than a drop in the bucket.

More people will die this week falling out of bed. More people will die this week at the hands of their nurses and doctors. And 121 people will take their own lives just today.
Stay curious
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Nothing changes because in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. Its a tragedy for those involved but the sheer numbers of people affected is smaller than a drop in the bucket.

More people will die this week falling out of bed. More people will die this week at the hands of their nurses and doctors. And 121 people will take their own lives just today.


That is a pretty disgusting excuse not to do anything. You really should be ashamed of yourself. With mentalities like yours, no wonder the US is in such a mess just now. Those poor kids did not deserve to die because ammosexuals won't give up their penis-compensating guns.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 13483
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:29 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Nothing changes because in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. Its a tragedy for those involved but the sheer numbers of people affected is smaller than a drop in the bucket.

More people will die this week falling out of bed. More people will die this week at the hands of their nurses and doctors. And 121 people will take their own lives just today.


But these people didn’t ask to be shot, they didn’t fall out of bed or commit suicide, they had there lives cut short because of people like you thinking this isn’t a problem.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

bgm wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Nothing changes because in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. Its a tragedy for those involved but the sheer numbers of people affected is smaller than a drop in the bucket.

More people will die this week falling out of bed. More people will die this week at the hands of their nurses and doctors. And 121 people will take their own lives just today.


That is a pretty disgusting excuse not to do anything. You really should be ashamed of yourself. With mentalities like yours, no wonder the US is in such a mess just now. Those poor kids did not deserve to die because ammosexuals won't give up their penis-compensating guns.


Where did I call for no action? I was stating the fact that because it doesn't effect enough people around the nation its not something most people think about for more than a few minutes. Just like those other statistics. People just don't care because its so rare.

I do just as much to stop this sort of thing from happening as you do: virtually nothing. I don't own guns, I support candidates who call for increased gun regulations. Can you name one of the young people from the parkland shooting who was all over TV the last time? Can you name any of them or any specific issues they were calling to change? I bet not.

What concrete actions have you taken?
Last edited by CCGPV on Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Nothing changes because in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. Its a tragedy for those involved but the sheer numbers of people affected is smaller than a drop in the bucket.

More people will die this week falling out of bed. More people will die this week at the hands of their nurses and doctors. And 121 people will take their own lives just today.


But these people didn’t ask to be shot, they didn’t fall out of bed or commit suicide, they had there lives cut short because of people like you thinking this isn’t a problem.


It is a problem. A big problem.
Stay curious
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:35 pm

CCGPV wrote:
bgm wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Nothing changes because in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal. Its a tragedy for those involved but the sheer numbers of people affected is smaller than a drop in the bucket.

More people will die this week falling out of bed. More people will die this week at the hands of their nurses and doctors. And 121 people will take their own lives just today.


That is a pretty disgusting excuse not to do anything. You really should be ashamed of yourself. With mentalities like yours, no wonder the US is in such a mess just now. Those poor kids did not deserve to die because ammosexuals won't give up their penis-compensating guns.


Where did I call for no action? I was stating the fact that because it doesn't effect enough people around the nation its not something most people think about for more than a few minutes. Just like those other statistics.

I do just as much to stop this sort of thing from happening as you do: virtually nothing. I don't own guns, I support candidates who call for increased gun regulations.

What concrete actions have you taken?


so what exactly was the point of your post then? If you care and hate the fact that this keeps happening, why post that its really not that big a deal? Or is this yet another example of you posting something you know will be controversial just so you can spark a thread and have something to do today?
 
bagoldex
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Those kids and families should realize just how lucky they were to be part of a uniquely American tradition.







(sarcasm, obviously)
 
wingman
Posts: 4118
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Just in time to break open my Thoughts and Prayers piggy bank. It was close to bursting it had been so long since the last mass school shooting.

But those lib-tard art class kids..they kinda deserved what they got. If you're not armed you're just a victim waiting to die. And don't give me this crap that they needed both hands for sculpting or painting. A real man always keeps one hand on the trigger, prepared to defend family and self no matter what. Making a pwitty wittle picture in school? Reading a book? Typing up a thesis before graduation? You do it one-handed so that you can always keep your Desert Eagle at the ready, always sweeping over the classroom waiting for the first sign of of some Obama or Clinton supporter to start shooting up your school or church.

Thanks Obama, thnks Clinton, this is all your fault. More guns in schools, more guns in hospitals, more guns in church..simply MORE GUNS! MAGA baby.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:42 pm

2122M wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
bgm wrote:

That is a pretty disgusting excuse not to do anything. You really should be ashamed of yourself. With mentalities like yours, no wonder the US is in such a mess just now. Those poor kids did not deserve to die because ammosexuals won't give up their penis-compensating guns.


Where did I call for no action? I was stating the fact that because it doesn't effect enough people around the nation its not something most people think about for more than a few minutes. Just like those other statistics.

I do just as much to stop this sort of thing from happening as you do: virtually nothing. I don't own guns, I support candidates who call for increased gun regulations.

What concrete actions have you taken?


so what exactly was the point of your post then? If you care and hate the fact that this keeps happening, why post that its really not that big a deal? Or is this yet another example of you posting something you know will be controversial just so you can spark a thread and have something to do today?


Because the original post was snarky and accusatory so I responded in kind.

The only person who is at fault or deserving of blame in this situation is the gunman. I didn't pull the trigger, you didn't pull the trigger. That criminal did.

Making sanctimonious posts like this drives each side farther apart. You feel good for "shaming" the rest of us and those who are obsessed with guns get annoyed at being blamed for something they didn't do. Its a lose-lose, but that was the point of the OP.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:50 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Because the original post was snarky and accusatory so I responded in kind.

The only person who is at fault or deserving of blame in this situation is the gunman. I didn't pull the trigger, you didn't pull the trigger. That criminal did.

Making sanctimonious posts like this drives each side farther apart. You feel good for "shaming" the rest of us and those who are obsessed with guns get annoyed at being blamed for something they didn't do. Its a lose-lose, but that was the point of the OP.



"Making sanctimonious posts like this drives each side farther apart." = "Don't make an argument because I'm fully incapable of defending my own, rancid argument."

"The only person who is at fault..." = "Gunz don't keel peeeple, peeeple kill peeeple."

The original post wasn't snarky. It was angry, and for a good reason. Your dismissive tone is execrable.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
bgm
Posts: 2535
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:50 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Can you name one of the young people from the parkland shooting who was all over TV the last time?


David Hogg and Emma Gonzales are the 2 that I saw on TV the most, there may be others that I missed.

CCGPV wrote:
Can you name any of them or any specific issues they were calling to change?


Tigher gun regulation/control. They founded the Never Again MSD organization.

CCGPV wrote:
I bet not.


You bet wrong. Probably not the first time.

CCGPV wrote:
What concrete actions have you taken?


I don't vote GOP and I don't support the NRA. I have donated to several gun control organizations including Everytown For Gun Safety, The Brady Campaign, Giffords, and Coalition To Stop Gun Violence.

How about you?
 
Vladex
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Isn't the government supposed to protect them at least on government property? and if governement doesn't do that , who will hold it accountable?
I mean school is a prison in everything but the name , why not just have a police station in there and have some vehicle mounted machine guns just in case
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:11 pm

bgm wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Can you name one of the young people from the parkland shooting who was all over TV the last time?


David Hogg and Emma Gonzales are the 2 that I saw on TV the most, there may be others that I missed.

CCGPV wrote:
Can you name any of them or any specific issues they were calling to change?


Tigher gun regulation/control. They founded the Never Again MSD organization.

CCGPV wrote:
I bet not.


You bet wrong. Probably not the first time.

CCGPV wrote:
What concrete actions have you taken?


I don't vote GOP and I don't support the NRA. I have donated to several gun control organizations including Everytown For Gun Safety, The Brady Campaign, Giffords, and Coalition To Stop Gun Violence.

How about you?


I don't vote GOP and I don't support the NRA either. I have not donated to anti-gun organizations. I donate to other charities, primarily Alzheimer's and two local homeless/rehab shelters. I also am a Rotarian.

What does that earn me?
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 pm

mbmbos wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Because the original post was snarky and accusatory so I responded in kind.

The only person who is at fault or deserving of blame in this situation is the gunman. I didn't pull the trigger, you didn't pull the trigger. That criminal did.

Making sanctimonious posts like this drives each side farther apart. You feel good for "shaming" the rest of us and those who are obsessed with guns get annoyed at being blamed for something they didn't do. Its a lose-lose, but that was the point of the OP.



"Making sanctimonious posts like this drives each side farther apart." = "Don't make an argument because I'm fully incapable of defending my own, rancid argument."

"The only person who is at fault..." = "Gunz don't keel peeeple, peeeple kill peeeple."

The original post wasn't snarky. It was angry, and for a good reason. Your dismissive tone is execrable.


Its not an argument- its a statement of fact. The vast majority of Americans have taken no concrete action to prevent these attacks. How can you deny this?

Yes, guns do kill people but it takes a criminal to pull the trigger. We don't blame the car, the knife manufacturer, truck rental companies or any of the other myriad items that people use to harm others.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Vladex wrote:
Isn't the government supposed to protect them at least on government property? and if governement doesn't do that , who will hold it accountable?
I mean school is a prison in everything but the name , why not just have a police station in there and have some vehicle mounted machine guns just in case


The government (police) don't have a duty to protect anyone. This was decided by the Supreme Court in 1981.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13515
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Thoughts and Prayers to the family and friends of those lost.
An Ass Kick and explicates to the NRA and politicians that continue to push the myth of guns rights over life rights.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
User avatar
Tugger
Topic Author
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:21 pm

mbmbos wrote:
The original post wasn't snarky. It was angry, and for a good reason.

Absolutely right. I am angry, I am angry that many sit back and say "Woe is me (back of hand to forehead, looking up... is that snarky enough?), I can't do anything so I don't/won't do anything."

Seriously something absolutely can be done but a small minority of people who are very vocal and active and attack anyone who disagrees with them, drive the issue and they are enabled by those that then say "What can you do?" or "It'll happen anyway" instead of at the VERY LEAST supporting those they supposedly agree with who are working to better regulate and apply solid legal controls on ownership and access to and misuse of firearms.

The problem is as it is because a small group of people in collusion with a larger group of apathetic people who want to make excuses for doing nothing, do not allow things to change.

Some people take any call for them to do more or get involved or at the very least do something different as an attack directly on them, personally. I can only say that maybe they are personally defensive because they know they can do more and don't. I understand I could be wrong.

No one solution will solve the problem and deaths and assaults with firearms will still occur. But that does not excuse anyone from stepping up and at least trying to do something or helping or supporting those trying to do something.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Scorpio wrote:
Nothing changed after Columbine. Nothing changed after Sandy Hook, Stoneman Douglas or Las Vegas.

Nothing will change now. The same people will use the same arguments, and no doubt the first nutcases are already spreading the first theories about this being a 'false flag' event, with 'crisis actors'. I can hear Alex Jones warming up already. Nothing will get done, and we'll just wait for the next one.


These Alex Jones types are so dangerous. Many just write them off as lunatics, but I think they’re a symptom of something much worse going on. I love going on YouTube and watching educational type videos, anything about the universe, but I have to weed through the hundreds of conspiracy, Alex Jones type videos to get to the legitimate ones. It’s really concerning.
 
skyservice_330
Posts: 1473
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:44 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Nothing changed after Columbine. Nothing changed after Sandy Hook, Stoneman Douglas or Las Vegas.

Nothing will change now. The same people will use the same arguments, and no doubt the first nutcases are already spreading the first theories about this being a 'false flag' event, with 'crisis actors'. I can hear Alex Jones warming up already. Nothing will get done, and we'll just wait for the next one.


These Alex Jones types are so dangerous. Many just write them off as lunatics, but I think they’re a symptom of something much worse going on. I love going on YouTube and watching educational type videos, anything about the universe, but I have to weed through the hundreds of conspiracy, Alex Jones type videos to get to the legitimate ones. It’s really concerning.


One can only hope the lawsuit that has been launched by Sandy Hook parents puts an end to his rancid online existence. Between that and Pizzagate, he has earned himself a place in history as a vile peddler of quackery. The guy is a lunatic.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15708
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Once again, likely a terrible mix of America's sacred 2nd Amendment and general gun culture, bullying, problems with social interactions (especially with women), access to powerful modified military class weapons, a 'soft target, difficulty in dealing with mental and psychological health issues leads to another tragic mass death. Now 8 more dead, likely dozens injured physically, 100's mentally f'ed up, families destroyed many millions in costs to families and society, people dead before their time and we can't seem to end it.
Once again 'prayers', blaming society, parents, schools, the NRA, poverty, mental health and the phase of the moon today but no real immediate ability to deal with these horrors that will likely occur next week or next month in a school, a shopping mall or the streets of Chicago. It is very frustrating to deal and prevent them, but something must be done. It is impossible to curb the weapons used, but I do think reducing bullying, encouraging good social behavior, dealing with mental and psychological illness, improved security and policing, encouraging people to rat out those who might do these killings and law enforcement doing their job, jailing parents or others that leave weapons to access to these mass killers and reducing the violence in our media and their attention to these events may help.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Topic Author
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Now I await the righteous people to enter the discussion with "it wasn't (just) guns, it was bombs! Pipe bombs! What you gonna do to control that, huh? So gun control is useless!" And use that as an excuse to fight people to do nothing.

Of course I already said that no law or what ever solution will solve all crime or deaths or prevent future situations like this at school. But that is no excuse to do nothing.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:02 pm

ltbewr wrote:
It is impossible to curb the weapons used,


I disagree.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Tugger wrote:
Now I await the righteous people to enter the discussion with "it wasn't (just) guns, it was bombs! Pipe bombs! What you gonna do to control that, huh? So gun control is useless!" And use that as an excuse to fight people to do nothing.

Of course I already said that no law or what ever solution will solve all crime or deaths or prevent future situations like this at school. But that is no excuse to do nothing.

Tugg


I agree, it is no excuse not to do something. The problem with what most have proposed is that it directly violates someones constitutionally protected right to own firearms, despite what some believe those firearms arent going anywhere.

Now, besides firearms, what can be done to prevent this? After 9/11 we created TSA to create a security barrier to prevent those with I'll intentions from coming into a plane. Why cant we create something similar for schools across the US? One size doesn't fit all but actually screening students and staff when they enter is a great way to prevent something like this from happening.

Firearms arent going anywhere and the last time I checked it's already illegal for a teen under 18 to own firearms. Find a legit way to keep the students safe.
 
skyservice_330
Posts: 1473
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:09 pm

2122M wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
It is impossible to curb the weapons used,


I disagree.


Cue the subtle threats of violent action (come and get'em) from our resident crotch compensation gang re: if government ever passed restrictions or controls on types of guns. Although, by the tone of some - they are almost itching for a violent confrontation with the government of 'them pansy liberals.'
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Every damn time there is a mass shooting, the very first thing that happens are righteis come out from under their rocks and start screaming about "liberals" wanting to take away guns. Like that is the only damn thing that matters: guns. No. No it is not. If you think it is, you truly do have rocks in your head.

But, the only thing that will happen is more tots and pears and more are gunned down because guns are the only important thing.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Now I await the righteous people to enter the discussion with "it wasn't (just) guns, it was bombs! Pipe bombs! What you gonna do to control that, huh? So gun control is useless!" And use that as an excuse to fight people to do nothing.

Of course I already said that no law or what ever solution will solve all crime or deaths or prevent future situations like this at school. But that is no excuse to do nothing.

Tugg


I agree, it is no excuse not to do something. The problem with what most have proposed is that it directly violates someones constitutionally protected right to own firearms, despite what some believe those firearms arent going anywhere.

Now, besides firearms, what can be done to prevent this? After 9/11 we created TSA to create a security barrier to prevent those with I'll intentions from coming into a plane. Why cant we create something similar for schools across the US? One size doesn't fit all but actually screening students and staff when they enter is a great way to prevent something like this from happening.

Firearms arent going anywhere and the last time I checked it's already illegal for a teen under 18 to own firearms. Find a legit way to keep the students safe.


Expanding existing limitations on gun ownership = bad; subjecting our kids to a police state every day for school = good?
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Let us all take a moment to thank the teacher and students who so bravely and selflessly sacrificed their own lives so that others may kneel at the altar of the firearm. Freedom isn't free. :pray:
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Now I await the righteous people to enter the discussion with "it wasn't (just) guns, it was bombs! Pipe bombs! What you gonna do to control that, huh? So gun control is useless!" And use that as an excuse to fight people to do nothing.

Of course I already said that no law or what ever solution will solve all crime or deaths or prevent future situations like this at school. But that is no excuse to do nothing.

Tugg


I agree, it is no excuse not to do something. The problem with what most have proposed is that it directly violates someones constitutionally protected right to own firearms, despite what some believe those firearms arent going anywhere.

Now, besides firearms, what can be done to prevent this? After 9/11 we created TSA to create a security barrier to prevent those with I'll intentions from coming into a plane. Why cant we create something similar for schools across the US? One size doesn't fit all but actually screening students and staff when they enter is a great way to prevent something like this from happening.

Firearms arent going anywhere and the last time I checked it's already illegal for a teen under 18 to own firearms. Find a legit way to keep the students safe.


Expanding existing limitations on gun ownership = bad; subjecting our kids to a police state every day for school = good?


Yes, restricting a Constitutionally protected right is bad, protecting children, the same way that we do air travel, our court houses and our legislative branches is a good step...thank you for pointing out WHY things will never change. It took 9/11 to get modern day security at the airports, even though hijackings had been prevalent since the 60s. What's going to convince you that the ONLY way to protect a soft target is to harden its defenses?
 
User avatar
Tugger
Topic Author
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:28 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
I agree, it is no excuse not to do something. The problem with what most have proposed is that it directly violates someones constitutionally protected right to own firearms, despite what some believe those firearms arent going anywhere.

You actually can ban firearms, the now expired assault weapons ban as well as the ban on fully automatic weapons proves that. So does the myriad of laws for requirements for people to own firearms.

I say implement more things like that on people and also allow tracking of firearm related data. Allow user specific firearms. Tax firearms at a higher rate (I suggest 100% tax). I say require require people to regularly train in order to be allowed to use their firearms. Perhaps require regular inspections of where firearms are kept if you do not regularly train.

I am not saying all my suggestions are good or would past legal tests but start somewhere. See what works and what is effective, let laws get tested in court if needed. There are many legal elements you can put in place for people that will not infringe on the right to have and bear arms while at the same time creating well educated and well trained gun owners.

I fully support gun ownership and using firearms, whether it be for hunting or self defense or even collecting. But KNOW what you are doing, be safe and respectful of the power you wield. And I do believe that those things do not violate the 2nd Amendment that says you have the right to keep and bear arms.

LittleSprocket wrote:
What's going to convince you that the ONLY way to protect a soft target is to harden its defenses?

First target at schools: the armed person.

That would be anyone's plan that decided to do something harmful to a school.

And the difference between airports and schools? There are almost 100,000 schools in the USA and almost 450 airports, of which only a quarter have security in place. What are you planning to put in place for even half the schools? And remember TSA spends over $5 billion a year now on airport security alone and that does not include what airports independently spend.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Fri May 18, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Mir wrote:
Let us all take a moment to thank the teacher and students who so bravely and selflessly sacrificed their own lives so that others may kneel at the altar of the firearm. Freedom isn't free. :pray:


I'll just take a knee and thank God that this school was a gun free zone.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm

seb146 wrote:
Every damn time there is a mass shooting, the very first thing that happens are righteis come out from under their rocks and start screaming about "liberals" wanting to take away guns. Like that is the only damn thing that matters: guns. No. No it is not. If you think it is, you truly do have rocks in your head.

But, the only thing that will happen is more tots and pears and more are gunned down because guns are the only important thing.


Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:35 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

I agree, it is no excuse not to do something. The problem with what most have proposed is that it directly violates someones constitutionally protected right to own firearms, despite what some believe those firearms arent going anywhere.

Now, besides firearms, what can be done to prevent this? After 9/11 we created TSA to create a security barrier to prevent those with I'll intentions from coming into a plane. Why cant we create something similar for schools across the US? One size doesn't fit all but actually screening students and staff when they enter is a great way to prevent something like this from happening.

Firearms arent going anywhere and the last time I checked it's already illegal for a teen under 18 to own firearms. Find a legit way to keep the students safe.


Expanding existing limitations on gun ownership = bad; subjecting our kids to a police state every day for school = good?


Yes, restricting a Constitutionally protected right is bad, protecting children, the same way that we do air travel, our court houses and our legislative branches is a good step...thank you for pointing out WHY things will never change. It took 9/11 to get modern day security at the airports, even though hijackings had been prevalent since the 60s. What's going to convince you that the ONLY way to protect a soft target is to harden its defenses?


How about the 4th amendment? Do you care about that one, or is it just the 2nd you are concerned by?
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:

Expanding existing limitations on gun ownership = bad; subjecting our kids to a police state every day for school = good?


Yes, restricting a Constitutionally protected right is bad, protecting children, the same way that we do air travel, our court houses and our legislative branches is a good step...thank you for pointing out WHY things will never change. It took 9/11 to get modern day security at the airports, even though hijackings had been prevalent since the 60s. What's going to convince you that the ONLY way to protect a soft target is to harden its defenses?


How about the 4th amendment? Do you care about that one, or is it just the 2nd you are concerned by?


Since when do kids have Constitutional rights? I thought yall were a-okay with restricting rights until someone was 21, or is that only the 2nd?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:41 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Every damn time there is a mass shooting, the very first thing that happens are righteis come out from under their rocks and start screaming about "liberals" wanting to take away guns. Like that is the only damn thing that matters: guns. No. No it is not. If you think it is, you truly do have rocks in your head.

But, the only thing that will happen is more tots and pears and more are gunned down because guns are the only important thing.


Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Las Vegas, Orlando, San Burnardino, Chicago

Isn't it ironic that those who claim to love freedom will damn near celebrate when mass shootings happen because your Second Amendment Rights are more important and 'liberals' don't care about freedom? What about those who were murdered? What about their freedom? They have none, anymore. I know they don't matter because gun rights are the most important thing.

Do you care about children? If you do, then help figure something out instead of screaming at 'liberals' for showing concern. Otherwise, we can just say you don't care.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:41 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Every damn time there is a mass shooting, the very first thing that happens are righteis come out from under their rocks and start screaming about "liberals" wanting to take away guns. Like that is the only damn thing that matters: guns. No. No it is not. If you think it is, you truly do have rocks in your head.

But, the only thing that will happen is more tots and pears and more are gunned down because guns are the only important thing.


Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Every damn time there is a mass shooting, the very first thing that happens are righteis come out from under their rocks and start screaming about "liberals" wanting to take away guns. Like that is the only damn thing that matters: guns. No. No it is not. If you think it is, you truly do have rocks in your head.

But, the only thing that will happen is more tots and pears and more are gunned down because guns are the only important thing.


Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?


Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Every damn time there is a mass shooting, the very first thing that happens are righteis come out from under their rocks and start screaming about "liberals" wanting to take away guns. Like that is the only damn thing that matters: guns. No. No it is not. If you think it is, you truly do have rocks in your head.

But, the only thing that will happen is more tots and pears and more are gunned down because guns are the only important thing.


Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Las Vegas, Orlando, San Burnardino, Chicago

Isn't it ironic that those who claim to love freedom will damn near celebrate when mass shootings happen because your Second Amendment Rights are more important and 'liberals' don't care about freedom? What about those who were murdered? What about their freedom? They have none, anymore. I know they don't matter because gun rights are the most important thing.

Do you care about children? If you do, then help figure something out instead of screaming at 'liberals' for showing concern. Otherwise, we can just say you don't care.


What do you think that suggesting that we harden their defenses, increase access to mental health and providing armed resources officers does? You arent going to get rid of firearms...there is no way that 3/4 of the states would sign off on repealing the 2nd, nor would any law enforcement officer volunteer to go door to door searching for firearms. It wont happen.

Nice try though with your emotional plea on whether or not I care about the children. The communists and even Hitler used that one to force society to change, obviously for the worse.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Topic Author
Posts: 11231
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target.

You confuse infringing on rights with placing controls and regulations or the people's free exercise of said rights. The 2nd Amendment was written with language that specifically states the need for a well regulated part of society being the need for that right. Yet somehow you support revisionist judges that decide to thrown out language that had been included. For the first 200 years that language was part and parcel, now a ruling comes along that ignores that. Do not support the original intent of the Constitution?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13515
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?


Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


More guns = more death from guns. How about we ban more of them and cause the death rates to go down.
https://www.axios.com/gun-ownership-gun ... 5ffaa.html

Image
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:56 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?


Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


Malls have security in place? I've never walked through a metal detector to go into a mall or a movie theater. what about churches? what about nightclubs?

And are you seriously comparing kids going to school to hikers walking into bear country without bear defenses? What are you even talking about when you bring that up?!? In light of 10 people being killed in yet another school shooting, you want to compare it to walking into bear country unarmed?

Really?

REALLY?!?
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Tugger wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target.

You confuse infringing on rights with placing controls and regulations or the people's free exercise of said rights. The 2nd Amendment was written with language that specifically states the need for a well regulated part of society being the need for that right. Yet somehow you support revisionist judges that decide to thrown out language that had been included. For the first 200 years that language was part and parcel, now a ruling comes along that ignores that. Do not support the original intent of the Constitution?

Tugg


Maybe you should go back and re-read the federalist papers. You do realize that when the 2nd amendment was drafted, civilians owned artillery pieces and ships of the line right? Here's one, during the westward expansion...what militia was accompanying the settlers as they headed west? Revisionist history is exactly what you are implying here. As far as well regulated goes, it meant in good working order, not highly regulated like the 9th circuit likes to believe.
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Las Vegas, Orlando, San Burnardino, Chicago

Isn't it ironic that those who claim to love freedom will damn near celebrate when mass shootings happen because your Second Amendment Rights are more important and 'liberals' don't care about freedom? What about those who were murdered? What about their freedom? They have none, anymore. I know they don't matter because gun rights are the most important thing.

Do you care about children? If you do, then help figure something out instead of screaming at 'liberals' for showing concern. Otherwise, we can just say you don't care.


What do you think that suggesting that we harden their defenses, increase access to mental health and providing armed resources officers does? You arent going to get rid of firearms...there is no way that 3/4 of the states would sign off on repealing the 2nd, nor would any law enforcement officer volunteer to go door to door searching for firearms. It wont happen.

Nice try though with your emotional plea on whether or not I care about the children. The communists and even Hitler used that one to force society to change, obviously for the worse.


NO-ONE IS TRYING TO REPEAL THE 2ND!

There are already a host of limitation in place no the second, why not continue to modify those limits to keep pace with modern technology and modern weapons?

Gun limits =/= Outright gun ban
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Yes Seb, that's because after ever damn school shooting the lefties continue to think that infringing on the rights of citizens is the only way to protect a soft target. Schools are easy targets because people refuse to acknowledge that the only way to ensure ones safety is to harden ones defenses. It worked in Iraq, it worked in Afghanistan, it works at the airport and at our court houses...why not harden school defenses???


Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?


Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


And guess why we can not do any of that? You ammosexuals crying about "but my gun will set off metal detectors" and "this guard saying I can't carry is infringing on my rights!" Boo freakin' hoo. This just proves you don't care about anything but your guns.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 pm

2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:

Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?


Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


Malls have security in place? I've never walked through a metal detector to go into a mall or a movie theater. what about churches? what about nightclubs?

And are you seriously comparing kids going to school to hikers walking into bear country without bear defenses? What are you even talking about when you bring that up?!? In light of 10 people being killed in yet another school shooting, you want to compare it to walking into bear country unarmed?

Really?

REALLY?!?


Yes, malls have security. Who said anything about them having metal detectors? As far as churches go, everyone I have been to where I live hires an off duty cop to stand guard while church is in session. Maybe that's just mine, seems to work though.

As far as kids being compared to hikers...its a comparison that idiots are naive about the dangers that surround them and those said idiots are the ones that seem to cry the loudest when something bad happens because they failed to protect themselves.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm

seb146 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:

Then we'll need TSA-like security (scanners, dogs, cameras, security patrols etc..) at schools, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, churches and nightclubs too. Is that your 'freedom-loving' idea? Scans and pat-downs if you want to go anywhere that hold more that 20 people at a time?


Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


And guess why we can not do any of that? You ammosexuals crying about "but my gun will set off metal detectors" and "this guard saying I can't carry is infringing on my rights!" Boo freakin' hoo. This just proves you don't care about anything but your guns.


Seb, dont ge a child. Nobody takes you seriously when you call someone an ammosexual or the president tRump or any of those other childish names you like to call people.
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


And guess why we can not do any of that? You ammosexuals crying about "but my gun will set off metal detectors" and "this guard saying I can't carry is infringing on my rights!" Boo freakin' hoo. This just proves you don't care about anything but your guns.


Seb, dont ge a child. Nobody takes you seriously when you call someone an ammosexual or the president tRump or any of those other childish names you like to call people.


Nobody takes you seriously when you compare rational people wanting to curb gun violence to Hitler.
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: God bless all .... sorry you got shot and killed and I can't do anything to help or stop it

Fri May 18, 2018 7:04 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
2122M wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Actually, I just carry a firearm and I'm proficient in its use. It's a lot cheaper. As far as schools go though, gardening the defenses by putting in metal detectors and security cameras isnt a bad idea. Malls already have security in place and movie theaters where I live higher off duty cops to provide a security presence. Let's try thinking rationally instead of going balls to the wall on an irrational idea.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own protection. You see it all the time when people hike in bear territory with no means to defend themselves.


Malls have security in place? I've never walked through a metal detector to go into a mall or a movie theater. what about churches? what about nightclubs?

And are you seriously comparing kids going to school to hikers walking into bear country without bear defenses? What are you even talking about when you bring that up?!? In light of 10 people being killed in yet another school shooting, you want to compare it to walking into bear country unarmed?

Really?

REALLY?!?


Yes, malls have security. Who said anything about them having metal detectors? As far as churches go, everyone I have been to where I live hires an off duty cop to stand guard while church is in session. Maybe that's just mine, seems to work though.

As far as kids being compared to hikers...its a comparison that idiots are naive about the dangers that surround them and those said idiots are the ones that seem to cry the loudest when something bad happens because they failed to protect themselves.


So if you are not talking about metal detectors, what are you talking about. What is this school security plan of yours? If you want to compare them to malls and movie theaters, what is going to be done to stop this. Please enlighten us all. How would you keep selling guns without any limitations but keep schools safe?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wingman and 29 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos