Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18696
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Yet dopes like Joy Behar can make abhorrent and repugnant statements on ABC's "The View" about VP Mike Pence and Mike Pence's faith and religion, and still keep her job.

Awww did the poor neanderthal's fee-fees get hurt? You just can't be a lunatic bigot and call it religion these days anymore...sad! There's a big difference between religious lifestyle choice, and race/sexuality/gender.

Super80Fan wrote:
I'm also hoping ABC comes to their senses and also cancels The View along with Jimmy Kornhole. Then we'll be good.

Show us on the doll where Jimmy hurt you

bagoldex wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Words and actions have consequences.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roseanne- ... st-twitter


Sounds to me like you, and others here, are happy that the cast and crew of this show no longer have work...


I’m not terribly broken up over it. Every single one of them made the informed decision to go into business or work in association with Roseanne Barr. They’ll find other work. The economy’s booming and unemployment numbers are at an all-time low, remember?

I like the rest of the cast but Roseanne has been crazy for a long, long time, so the odds she would say/do something that would throw a wrench in the whole production was near 100%. And here we are to no one's surprise...
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15829
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 pm

jetero wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

So insults, racism and things like that are OK if they deserve it.


No only if they are spoke from a Democrat insulting a Republican


Yay! Finally we win something!


That's your takeaway from this - "we win"?

What contest do you think you're participating in, exactly?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
jetero wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

No only if they are spoke from a Democrat insulting a Republican


Yay! Finally we win something!


That's your takeaway from this - "we win"?

What contest do you think you're participating in, exactly?


Yes.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Tue May 29, 2018 11:41 pm

2122M wrote:
And how do you expect to replace ROSEANNE on a show called ROSEANNE. Put Melissa McCarthy in and hope no one notices?


HMMMMM....... :scratchchin:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Tue May 29, 2018 11:46 pm

jetero wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
jetero wrote:

Yay! Finally we win something!


That's your takeaway from this - "we win"?

What contest do you think you're participating in, exactly?


Yes.


That is truly stupid. I was a fan of the show since season 3...I will miss it.

It is supposed to air in 20 minutes on the east coast. Will it?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Tue May 29, 2018 11:51 pm

CCGPV wrote:
I don't believe anything I posted in this thread.


Translation, I’m walking away from everything I’ve posted since it turns out it’s all garbage so now I’ll pretend I didn’t really mean it.

Or it’s 100% true and you are 100% trolling.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 am

727LOVER wrote:

It is supposed to air in 20 minutes on the east coast. Will it?


NOPE
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Like I said if you disagree with someone and call them racists then it is OK to make fun of them and their physical looks.


And people do both. But, the difference is actually being racist vs. making fun of peoples looks.


Ok. Making fun of the way someone looks on TV is OK as long is its not based on their race.


Absolutely. People joke about The Rock's sexuality or Kevin Hart's height. Those are light-hearted and good natured. Calling a black woman an ape and terrorist is not cool.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
luckyone
Posts: 3955
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:19 am

727LOVER wrote:
jetero wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

That's your takeaway from this - "we win"?

What contest do you think you're participating in, exactly?


Yes.


That is truly stupid. I was a fan of the show since season 3...I will miss it.

It is supposed to air in 20 minutes on the east coast. Will it?

The Season 10 finale was actually aired last week. Anything aired tonight would’ve been a rerun.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 am

2122M wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
I don't believe anything I posted in this thread.


Translation, I’m walking away from everything I’ve posted since it turns out it’s all garbage so now I’ll pretend I didn’t really mean it.

Or it’s 100% true and you are 100% trolling.


And the world may never know.

Hang around until the next outrage of the week occurs and we'll see.....maybe.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:25 am

I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:26 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And people do both. But, the difference is actually being racist vs. making fun of peoples looks.


Ok. Making fun of the way someone looks on TV is OK as long is its not based on their race.


Absolutely. People joke about The Rock's sexuality or Kevin Hart's height. Those are light-hearted and good natured. Calling a black woman an ape and terrorist is not cool.


Yeah, making fun of Trump's youngest son as the "ghoul-child" and Sarah Sanders as a fat melting rubber doll is all good-natured fun.

They are unpopular politicians so they deserve to be made fun of and accosted for the way they look. They need to feel bad about things they cannot change because of their opinions.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:27 am

seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


Where has one person talked about free speech here? Its people complaining about people complaining about people complaining free speech is all I see with this story.

What conservative has come out defending her? Bill oreilly and Tomi Lauren agree with her firing for god's sake.
Last edited by CCGPV on Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay curious
 
luckyone
Posts: 3955
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 am

seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


How quickly some people forget the Dixie Chicks.
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15829
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 am

seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


I find something equally interesting; I've repeatedly stated that ABC had the right to do what they did, and that Roseanne personally deserved those consequences, yet you paint with a broad brush about "the right" complaining about this when I'm clearly part of "the right" yet feel the outcome was correct, albeit very unfortunate for anyone not named Roseanne Barr whose careers or income is impacted by this.

So have others on "the right," yet you feel compelled to paint all of us with the same worn-out brush as always?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18696
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

CCGPV wrote:
Yeah, making fun of Trump's youngest son as the "ghoul-child" and Sarah Sanders as a fat melting rubber doll is all good-natured fun.

Yes of course let's show Sarah some respect and only address her in ways Trump has addressed other women, like "built like a linebacker", or "disgusting", or a "slob", "a bit chunky", "the face of a dog"...you know, "treat [her] like shit"...
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


Where has one person talked about free speech here? Its people complaining about people complaining about people complaining free speech is all I see with this story.

What conservative has come out defending her? Bill oreilly and Tomi Lauren agree with her firing for god's sake.


Go read the comments for any ABC affiliate reporting her cancellation. Plenty of MAGA snowflakes crying about it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 am

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


I find something equally interesting; I've repeatedly stated that ABC had the right to do what they did, and that Roseanne personally deserved those consequences, yet you paint with a broad brush about "the right" complaining about this when I'm clearly part of "the right" yet feel the outcome was correct, albeit very unfortunate for anyone not named Roseanne Barr whose careers or income is impacted by this.

So have others on "the right," yet you feel compelled to paint all of us with the same worn-out brush as always?


But "you liberals always...." is different, isn't it? Pot-->kettle-->black
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:03 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Yeah, making fun of Trump's youngest son as the "ghoul-child" and Sarah Sanders as a fat melting rubber doll is all good-natured fun.

Yes of course let's show Sarah some respect and only address her in ways Trump has addressed other women, like "built like a linebacker", or "disgusting", or a "slob", "a bit chunky", "the face of a dog"...you know, "treat [her] like shit"...


So because someone else does something you can now treat all people they know or work for poorly? If a husband cheats on his wife is she now an ugly whore?

If you worked for Enron can I denigrate your bald head or call you fat because you worked for Ken Lay? What kind of sick mental gymnastics are you tryng to pull here?
Stay curious
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:03 am

luckyone wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


How quickly some people forget the Dixie Chicks.


In case anyone has forgotten, she said

"...we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

at a concert in London about the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:04 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


Where has one person talked about free speech here? Its people complaining about people complaining about people complaining free speech is all I see with this story.

What conservative has come out defending her? Bill oreilly and Tomi Lauren agree with her firing for god's sake.


Go read the comments for any ABC affiliate reporting her cancellation. Plenty of MAGA snowflakes crying about it.


Why would I read (or anyone) read the comments on an online news website? They're filled with trolls and Russian bots. Stop doing that.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15829
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:11 am

seb146 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I find something interesting: She says something racist, people react to what she said, her show gets cancelled, the right cry about "liberals" hating free speech. No and no. This is not about hating freedom of speech. This was a reaction, consequences, to what she said. You are all free to be racist and say racist things. But, you can not cry and whine and complain when people call you out for it or when your shows are cancelled or when you get fired from a job. Freedom of speech goes both ways.


I find something equally interesting; I've repeatedly stated that ABC had the right to do what they did, and that Roseanne personally deserved those consequences, yet you paint with a broad brush about "the right" complaining about this when I'm clearly part of "the right" yet feel the outcome was correct, albeit very unfortunate for anyone not named Roseanne Barr whose careers or income is impacted by this.

So have others on "the right," yet you feel compelled to paint all of us with the same worn-out brush as always?


But "you liberals always...." is different, isn't it? Pot-->kettle-->black


Please show me where I said those words.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:12 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Where has one person talked about free speech here? Its people complaining about people complaining about people complaining free speech is all I see with this story.

What conservative has come out defending her? Bill oreilly and Tomi Lauren agree with her firing for god's sake.


Go read the comments for any ABC affiliate reporting her cancellation. Plenty of MAGA snowflakes crying about it.


Why would I read (or anyone) read the comments on an online news website? They're filled with trolls and Russian bots. Stop doing that.


There are Russian bots but there are some serious people on there, too. Some of them are demanding The View be cancelled because it is offensive, somehow. I actually did not know The View was still on.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:16 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Go read the comments for any ABC affiliate reporting her cancellation. Plenty of MAGA snowflakes crying about it.


Why would I read (or anyone) read the comments on an online news website? They're filled with trolls and Russian bots. Stop doing that.


There are Russian bots but there are some serious people on there, too. Some of them are demanding The View be cancelled because it is offensive, somehow. I actually did not know The View was still on.


Do yourself a favor and stop reading comment sections. They just bring out the nutjobs. Its kind of like internet forums in a way. Only crazy people get into political arguments on the internet.
Stay curious
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18696
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:28 am

CCGPV wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Yeah, making fun of Trump's youngest son as the "ghoul-child" and Sarah Sanders as a fat melting rubber doll is all good-natured fun.

Yes of course let's show Sarah some respect and only address her in ways Trump has addressed other women, like "built like a linebacker", or "disgusting", or a "slob", "a bit chunky", "the face of a dog"...you know, "treat [her] like shit"...


So because someone else does something you can now treat all people they know or work for poorly? If a husband cheats on his wife is she now an ugly whore?

If you worked for Enron can I denigrate your bald head or call you fat because you worked for Ken Lay? What kind of sick mental gymnastics are you tryng to pull here?

When it's Donald bloody Trump you bet your ass. Huckabeast knew exactly what she was getting into--she has the same opportunistic lack of morals as her father--she has no one to blame but herself and can't credibly claim ignorance. At the end of the day she will always be remembered as a liar covering for a pathological liar, and "a bit chunky" with "the face of a dog", to quote her boss.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:41 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Why would I read (or anyone) read the comments on an online news website? They're filled with trolls and Russian bots. Stop doing that.


There are Russian bots but there are some serious people on there, too. Some of them are demanding The View be cancelled because it is offensive, somehow. I actually did not know The View was still on.


Do yourself a favor and stop reading comment sections. They just bring out the nutjobs. Its kind of like internet forums in a way. Only crazy people get into political arguments on the internet.


It is like watching a train wreck. I know the same horrible thing is coming but I have a morbid curiosity about how it unfolds.

This particular forum is different. To me, at least. I have been here for a long time and I know people. I don't always like what they have to say, but this forum makes my day complete.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8655
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 1:54 am

CCGPV wrote:
Is that the kind of society we want?

The floodgates were opened for this the moment Trump was elected POTUS. So whether you want this society or not, it's what we have for the time being. You can work to minimize its effects by condemning those who deserve it or sit back and let society fall, but be consistent with whatever choice you make. Condemning ABC for cancelling Roseanne but not the NFL for punishing athletes is not consistent.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:00 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Is that the kind of society we want?

The floodgates were opened for this the moment Trump was elected POTUS. So whether you want this society or not, it's what we have for the time being. You can work to minimize its effects by condemning those who deserve it or sit back and let society fall, but be consistent with whatever choice you make. Condemning ABC for cancelling Roseanne but not the NFL for punishing athletes is not consistent.


Good to know.

We all hate racism and prejudice but now that trump is in we all have fair game. Sounds good. Way to be just like them. Do you teach your kids this garbage?
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:01 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There are Russian bots but there are some serious people on there, too. Some of them are demanding The View be cancelled because it is offensive, somehow. I actually did not know The View was still on.


Do yourself a favor and stop reading comment sections. They just bring out the nutjobs. Its kind of like internet forums in a way. Only crazy people get into political arguments on the internet.


It is like watching a train wreck. I know the same horrible thing is coming but I have a morbid curiosity about how it unfolds.

This particular forum is different. To me, at least. I have been here for a long time and I know people. I don't always like what they have to say, but this forum makes my day complete.


This forum is no different. Its filled with morons and political hacks with a voice that means just as much as yours and mine- which is nothing.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:02 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Yes of course let's show Sarah some respect and only address her in ways Trump has addressed other women, like "built like a linebacker", or "disgusting", or a "slob", "a bit chunky", "the face of a dog"...you know, "treat [her] like shit"...


So because someone else does something you can now treat all people they know or work for poorly? If a husband cheats on his wife is she now an ugly whore?

If you worked for Enron can I denigrate your bald head or call you fat because you worked for Ken Lay? What kind of sick mental gymnastics are you tryng to pull here?

When it's Donald bloody Trump you bet your ass. Huckabeast knew exactly what she was getting into--she has the same opportunistic lack of morals as her father--she has no one to blame but herself and can't credibly claim ignorance. At the end of the day she will always be remembered as a liar covering for a pathological liar, and "a bit chunky" with "the face of a dog", to quote her boss.


Good to know. Those who are judged at being inferior are deserving of their treatment by the citizens. They need to be taught a lesson that their opinions will be corrected. This is a good solution.
Stay curious
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:13 am

CCGPV wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Is that the kind of society we want?

The floodgates were opened for this the moment Trump was elected POTUS. So whether you want this society or not, it's what we have for the time being. You can work to minimize its effects by condemning those who deserve it or sit back and let society fall, but be consistent with whatever choice you make. Condemning ABC for cancelling Roseanne but not the NFL for punishing athletes is not consistent.


Good to know.

We all hate racism and prejudice but now that trump is in we all have fair game. Sounds good. Way to be just like them. Do you teach your kids this garbage?


Ignore CC. By his own admission he doesn’t even mean what he says on these forums. Hes just here for his own entertainment.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18696
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:15 am

CCGPV wrote:
Good to know. Those who are judged at being inferior are deserving of their treatment by the citizens. They need to be taught a lesson that their opinions will be corrected. This is a good solution.

Yep. I learned it from the president and all his supporters.
I don't take responsibility at all
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18696
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 am

BTW why does Roseanne hate Valerie J anyway? I need the conspiracy loon decoder ring.

2122M wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
The floodgates were opened for this the moment Trump was elected POTUS. So whether you want this society or not, it's what we have for the time being. You can work to minimize its effects by condemning those who deserve it or sit back and let society fall, but be consistent with whatever choice you make. Condemning ABC for cancelling Roseanne but not the NFL for punishing athletes is not consistent.


Good to know.

We all hate racism and prejudice but now that trump is in we all have fair game. Sounds good. Way to be just like them. Do you teach your kids this garbage?


Ignore CC. By his own admission he doesn’t even mean what he says on these forums. Hes just here for his own entertainment.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
I don't take responsibility at all
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:21 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Good to know. Those who are judged at being inferior are deserving of their treatment by the citizens. They need to be taught a lesson that their opinions will be corrected. This is a good solution.

Yep. I learned it from the president and all his supporters.


That's a shame that you sink down to their level.

Whatever happened to lift as you rise?
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:26 am

2122M wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
The floodgates were opened for this the moment Trump was elected POTUS. So whether you want this society or not, it's what we have for the time being. You can work to minimize its effects by condemning those who deserve it or sit back and let society fall, but be consistent with whatever choice you make. Condemning ABC for cancelling Roseanne but not the NFL for punishing athletes is not consistent.


Good to know.

We all hate racism and prejudice but now that trump is in we all have fair game. Sounds good. Way to be just like them. Do you teach your kids this garbage?


Ignore CC. By his own admission he doesn’t even mean what he says on these forums. Hes just here for his own entertainment.


What are you here for? Why would you participate in a forum if you weren't enjoying yourself and engaging in debate with those you disagree with?

I just find it sad that people are resorting to the name calling and childish behavior of using someone's looks or physical features in order to attack their political or whatever agenda they might have. That shows you don't have the ability to do it so you resort to 5th grade techniques like Donald Trump. "WELL HE DID IT FIRST!!!"

Its pretty lame and doesn't do a thing but further the divide.

But yeah, I'm a crazy lady for thinking that.
Stay curious
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13515
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 2:30 am

Super80Fan wrote:
casinterest wrote:
ABC was well within their rights to cancel the Roseanne show. However I do have to wonder if Fox-News ownership will snap up the show and continue it. Ratings were strong for it's slot.

Roseanne was absolutely racist and abhorrent in her rants, but other personalities have done the same , and they have been given a pass by Disney corporate.


Completely agree, they were well within their right (and probably better off doing so) for her racist rants.

I'm also hoping ABC comes to their senses and also cancels The View along with Jimmy Kornhole. Then we'll be good.


We'll be better when Fox news goes under along with Hannity. Too many cognitively impared suckers watching liars for gold and viagra ads.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did..So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--Mark Twain
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:01 am

CCGPV wrote:
2122M wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Good to know.

We all hate racism and prejudice but now that trump is in we all have fair game. Sounds good. Way to be just like them. Do you teach your kids this garbage?


Ignore CC. By his own admission he doesn’t even mean what he says on these forums. Hes just here for his own entertainment.


What are you here for? Why would you participate in a forum if you weren't enjoying yourself and engaging in debate with those you disagree with?

I just find it sad that people are resorting to the name calling and childish behavior of using someone's looks or physical features in order to attack their political or whatever agenda they might have. That shows you don't have the ability to do it so you resort to 5th grade techniques like Donald Trump. "WELL HE DID IT FIRST!!!"

Its pretty lame and doesn't do a thing but further the divide.

But yeah, I'm a crazy lady for thinking that.


Except that’s not the angle you’ve taken for this whole thread. If you want to have an opinion, that’s obviously fine, but 90%+ of your posts or sarcastic, trolling, or just plain making things up just to get a rise.

Anyway, you completely lost my respect in the other thread where you compared water thrown on Tomi L. to someone sexually touching my unborn daughter. Another example of you just being intentionally ridiculous and making stuff up just to have an argument for your entertainment. You are not engaged, you are not interested in taking a position, you are just bored and as you apparently have absolutely nothing else going on so you need to stoke the fire on these threads to stay entertained. I honestly don’t think you care at all about any of this.
 
AA747123
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:11 am

She was penalized for exercising her first amendment rights. Any good attorney will own ABC for this.
 
2122M
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:12 am

AA747123 wrote:
She was penalized for exercising her first amendment rights. Any good attorney will own ABC for this.


You don’t know how the first amendment works, do you...
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23712
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:25 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Do yourself a favor and stop reading comment sections. They just bring out the nutjobs. Its kind of like internet forums in a way. Only crazy people get into political arguments on the internet.


It is like watching a train wreck. I know the same horrible thing is coming but I have a morbid curiosity about how it unfolds.

This particular forum is different. To me, at least. I have been here for a long time and I know people. I don't always like what they have to say, but this forum makes my day complete.


This forum is no different. Its filled with morons and political hacks with a voice that means just as much as yours and mine- which is nothing.


It is fund to watch the hacks and morons, though, isn't it? Besides, the ones who I believe are real people with real opinions matter to me.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15708
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:27 am

First of all, no White person can call a Black person an ape, monkey, chimp or other similar animal. That is a long established term of vile racism that is totally unacceptable and will get you fired from any workplace and face social sanctions. Ms. Roseanne Barr decided to say that in a Twitter post as to a Black woman, Valarie Jarrett, a well respected and former key aide to President Obama in part to offend him as like too many White people hated Obama as President and supported a White, racist male in Trump.
In a matter of a few hours after Rosanne's twitter post was put out, a well known Black Female (and Lesbian) Producer of the show Wanda Sykes quit the show and at least one actor quit.
There was no doubt 100's of calls to key people at ABC/Disney to kill the Roseanne show including from advertisers, other actors, producers, in company staff and people in the industry. ABC has several shows like Blackish and others with Black themes and lead actors/actresses. For sure they didn't want to lose those shows as well if Roseanne was kept.
The current boss at ABC network programing is the first Black woman to be in that position for any major network. She had to take the point for obvious reasons to fire Roseanne.
Twitter likely killed off Rosanne's account to protect itself and as she violated the TOS. I just wish Twitter the had some filters to prevent such racist trash from being posted. I would also like to see Twitter terminate Donald Trump's personal account for his violations of the TOS and his vile, offensive comments.
In the end, ABC/Disney did the right thing by promptly firing Roseanne to prevent damage to their bottom line and to keep the general public happy.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:38 am

2122M wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
2122M wrote:

Ignore CC. By his own admission he doesn’t even mean what he says on these forums. Hes just here for his own entertainment.


What are you here for? Why would you participate in a forum if you weren't enjoying yourself and engaging in debate with those you disagree with?

I just find it sad that people are resorting to the name calling and childish behavior of using someone's looks or physical features in order to attack their political or whatever agenda they might have. That shows you don't have the ability to do it so you resort to 5th grade techniques like Donald Trump. "WELL HE DID IT FIRST!!!"

Its pretty lame and doesn't do a thing but further the divide.

But yeah, I'm a crazy lady for thinking that.


Except that’s not the angle you’ve taken for this whole thread. If you want to have an opinion, that’s obviously fine, but 90%+ of your posts or sarcastic, trolling, or just plain making things up just to get a rise.

Anyway, you completely lost my respect in the other thread where you compared water thrown on Tomi L. to someone sexually touching my unborn daughter. Another example of you just being intentionally ridiculous and making stuff up just to have an argument for your entertainment. You are not engaged, you are not interested in taking a position, you are just bored and as you apparently have absolutely nothing else going on so you need to stoke the fire on these threads to stay entertained. I honestly don’t think you care at all about any of this.


So because I defended a woman being assaulted (water violently thrown in her face for no reason) in a restaurant and you then saying it was "no big deal" and then me asking if you'd feel the same way if someone assaulted your daughter in "a no big deal way" like simply brushing up against her you think I'm a bad person? What??

If I lose your respect for that then so be it. I will always defend people from unprovoked physical assault regardless of who they are. I don't want to live in a place where throwing water or using someone's body as an excuse to publicly berate or denigrate someone is acceptable. You will understand this as she gets older and has to get used to these "no big deal" occurrences.
Last edited by CCGPV on Wed May 30, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 3:39 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

It is like watching a train wreck. I know the same horrible thing is coming but I have a morbid curiosity about how it unfolds.

This particular forum is different. To me, at least. I have been here for a long time and I know people. I don't always like what they have to say, but this forum makes my day complete.


This forum is no different. Its filled with morons and political hacks with a voice that means just as much as yours and mine- which is nothing.


It is fund to watch the hacks and morons, though, isn't it? Besides, the ones who I believe are real people with real opinions matter to me.


I'm right there with you.
Stay curious
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 4:05 am

AA747123 wrote:
She was penalized for exercising her first amendment rights. Any good attorney will own ABC for this.


Are you for real ??? Probably the dumbest thing I have ever read on this site.

Pretty sure there is language i her contract that permits ABC to fire her for this behavior
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 am

EA CO AS wrote:
2122M wrote:
Would you prefer there are no consequences for racism?


Nowhere did I state that. Ever.

I believe, however, that the consequences should be to the individual, not the people they work with.


That's fair. But it's her show. The show is literally called "Roseanne". How do you punish her without causing collateral damage to those who work on the show? You can't exactly write her character out of it.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15829
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 4:31 am

Mir wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
2122M wrote:
Would you prefer there are no consequences for racism?


Nowhere did I state that. Ever.

I believe, however, that the consequences should be to the individual, not the people they work with.


That's fair. But it's her show. The show is literally called "Roseanne". How do you punish her without causing collateral damage to those who work on the show? You can't exactly write her character out of it.


I get it, but there are precedents. Back in the 80s, "Valerie/Valerie's Family" was changed to "The Hogan Family" when star Valerie Harper was written out following a dispute with the producers, and it went on for another 4 years with Sandy Duncan in a new leading role as the aunt.

For those who were stating that the number of people impacted by the cancellation of "Roseanne" wasn't that high, read this from CNN, quoting ABC:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/media/a ... index.html

Later in the day, an ABC executive expressed regret that more than 200 people involved in the making of "Roseanne" would be out of work as a result of the cancellation.

But the source pointedly blamed Barr, saying "that's the collateral damage that Roseanne has to live with."

On Tuesday evening, Barr tweeted an apology to the show's cast and crew.

"Don't feel sorry for me, guys!!-I just want to apologize to the hundreds of people, and wonderful writers (all liberal) and talented actors who lost their jobs on my show due to my stupid tweet," she said.


I think ABC decided they had to react quickly, so they did, hacking off limbs instead of precision surgery, cancelling the whole thing instead of reworking it to "The Conners" or something similar that would have allowed the remaining cast and crew to continue working.

If Roseanne Barr has a shred of decency in her, she'd take whatever steps are necessary for her or the producers to sign away the rights to the other characters and permit them to continue to work without her in the storyline. Kill off her character, write new storylines where they've now benefited from her demise, whatever. But get these people working again.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 4:38 am

Mir wrote:
That's fair. But it's her show. The show is literally called "Roseanne". How do you punish her without causing collateral damage to those who work on the show? You can't exactly write her character out of it.


Well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12m1rG0Tj7U
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14563
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 5:15 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Like I said if you disagree with someone and call them racists then it is OK to make fun of them and their physical looks.


And people do both. But, the difference is actually being racist vs. making fun of peoples looks.


Ok. Making fun of the way someone looks on TV is OK as long is its not based on their race.


Not just, you also have to take the jokes you are dishing out without getting angry if directed against you. Ever seen John Oliver getting mad about how his looks are described? Nope?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 10292
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 5:26 am

Freedom of speech in a liberal word.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5806
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Roseanne canceled!!!

Wed May 30, 2018 5:48 am

seahawk wrote:
Freedom of speech in a liberal word.


Freedom of speech doesn't equate freedom from the consequences of that speech... note that there was nothing preventing her to say what she said = freedom of speech.
There was also nothing that prevented the network from cancelling her show as businesses have a duty to protect their bottom line. Having a show that is associated with broadly unpopular opinions is not good for business.

P.S. I know you're trolling, but that argument was going to pop up anyway at some stage.

All in all, another bigoted racist who felt empowered to come out of the closet as she thought that the Trump era meant that being openly hateful and intolerant was ok now.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StarAC17 and 26 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos