Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

727LOVER
Topic Author

Disdain from Philadelphia Eagles leads Trump to cancel WH visit

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:59 pm

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

wingman

Re: Disdain from Philadelphia Eagles leads Trump to cancel WH visit

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 pm

I can't wait to see how many players show up for the anthem this season. It's almost impossible to imagine any black players coming out of the locker room until it's over. Next up Trump will be demanding they embrace the flag while they kiss his pinky ring. How Republicans have come to love this demagogue is absolutely terrifying. This asshole is worse than any villain in a Marvel movie if only because he's actually real and he's actually the President. I still wake up some days thinking this shit cannot possibly be happening to this country.

Tugger

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Trump continues to demonstrate how poor a president he is to represent our good nation. That he is petty and impulsive enough to do this is no real surprise now. I think it is pathetic and hilarious how he tried to connect the kneeling during the anthem to the Eagles when none of them did it at all during last season.

Trump continues to strive to divide and damage the integrity of the USA.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

jetero

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
President Trump was right to cancel.

Mike Drop

Quelle surprise . . .

MikeDrop

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 pm

727LOVER wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/trump-eagles-nfl/index.html

4 takeaways on Trump's comments:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics ... index.html

Oh....and Trump's media mouthpiece, FOX News.....um hum...caught red-handed

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/media/f ... index.html

Statement by the city & the team:
http://6abc.com/sports/eagles-respond-a ... t/3561204/

Fact check: SO MANY LIES
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eagles-whi ... eck-trump/

https://apnews.com/d1313cdd8bf148318c24 ... tes-anthem

According to the AP the White House has explained that it was the Eagles who actually changed the visit. At first they told the White House that 81 people would attend, then they tried to rescheduled to a time when President Trump would be out of town ( an insult to the President). Then after that didn't work the team said that only a few people would attend.

The team hasn't responded to questions about the WH statements.

If this turns out to be true then the team seems like they are a bunch of A-holes to me.

Mike Drop

scamp

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

wingman wrote:
How Republicans have come to love this demagogue is absolutely terrifying..

Not really. Most of his supporters are as disgusting and repulsive as he is.
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

jetero

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
jetero wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Quelle surprise . . .

Ahhh the cherry picking troll has made an appearance. No value to add other than your usual B.S.

Saying the equivalent of "I'm not surprised" is B.S.?

What a strange world you live in, Mikey Boy. (Wherever it is, it seems to be common there to call anyone who disagrees with you a "troll" and think that that means something.)

MikeDrop

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:50 pm

jetero wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Quelle surprise . . .

Ahhh the cherry picking troll has made an appearance. No value to add other than your usual B.S.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:09 pm

scamp wrote:
wingman wrote:

Actually....Trump has the 2nd highest in-party approval of all presidents since WWII. Only Bush 43 after 9 / 11 was higher.

EDIT: All figures are at the 500 day mark.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

jetero

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:40 pm

dmg626 wrote:
I still don’t understand their opposition to police lawfully arresting and protecting themselves against thugs

Oh that's what they're protesting?

dmg626

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Good for them, they don’t want to go then don’t go, I still don’t understand their opposition to police lawfully arresting and protecting themselves against thugs ( Michael Brown aka Gentle Giant) but whatever, kneel, lay down, stand on one leg like a flamingo, at least they have the talent as a team unlike no talent qb that started this charade

Mir

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:58 pm

727LOVER wrote:
scamp wrote:
wingman wrote:

Actually....Trump has the 2nd highest in-party approval of all presidents since WWII. Only Bush 43 after 9 / 11 was higher.

As scamp was saying, they're as disgusting and repulsive as he is.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

910A

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

According to the AP the White House has explained that it was the Eagles who actually changed the visit. At first they told the White House that 81 people would attend, then they tried to rescheduled to a time when President Trump would be out of town ( an insult to the President). Then after that didn't work the team said that only a few people would attend.

If this turns out to be true then the team seems like they are a bunch of A-holes to me.

Mike Drop

So the source was Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I would wager she is just making stuff up again.

MikeDrop

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm

910A wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

So the source was Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I would wager she is just making stuff up again.

Perhaps we could wait to see if the team disputes her account of the situation before we call her a liar.

The reality is starting to come out. According to multiple journalists, it looks like the Eagles tried to reschedule to when the President would be in Singapore. When that didn't work they said they would only bring 2 or 3 players, after providing a list of 70 names the day before.

Classless

https://mobile.twitter.com/anniekarni/s ... 6888031232

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018 ... trump.html
Last edited by MikeDrop on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CCGPV

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm

I heard on NPR today they cancelled all the youth outreach and charity events they had planned in DC too.

They should have at least come to DC and used it as a PR campaign against Trump. I think it would have made them look pretty classy.
Stay curious

seb146

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
910A wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Perhaps we could wait to see if the team disputes her account of the situation before we call her a liar.

The reality is starting to come out. According to multiple journalists, it looks like the Eagles tried to reschedule to when the President would be in Singapore. When that didn't work they said they would only bring 2 or 3 players, after providing a list of 70 names the day before.

Classless

Reading through both links, it looks like, to me, that there is no "we are moving the date because of tRump" from the Eagles. Just simply that they wanted to reschedule. It looks like, per the two links, there is a lot of "but if this...." and "but what about...." with this.

Why all the outrage over this when there was ZERO outrage and even SUPPORT for players who refused to meet Obama? Isn't that patriotic and freedom of speech? Where is your defense for the Eagles now, righties?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Tugger

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 pm

And the NBA is out too:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2370 ... use-invite

Now Trump can go after more sports teams.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

MikeDrop

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
910A wrote:

The reality is starting to come out. According to multiple journalists, it looks like the Eagles tried to reschedule to when the President would be prosecuted in Singapore. When that didn't work they said they would only bring 2 or 3 players, after providing a list of 70 names the day before.

Classless

Reading through both links, it looks like, to me, that there is no "we are moving the date because of tRump" from the Eagles. Just simply that they wanted to reschedule. It looks like, per the two links, there is a lot of "but if this...." and "but what about...." with this.

Why all the outrage over this when there was ZERO outrage and even SUPPORT for players who refused to meet Obama? Isn't that patriotic and freedom of speech? Where is your defense for the Eagles now, righties?

My take on it is that the team provided a list of over 70 names and then asked to reschedule when Trump would be unavailable - the next day, all of this happening less than a week before the event. If they didn't want to visit they never should have made the arrangements in the first place. A lot of planning goes into any White House event, months in advance. Playing games like this the week before is insulting.

I personally wouldn't fault them for declining the visit, from the start. As with the NBA players, if they don't want to visit then fine, don't try to lead the Presidents team on and pull bullshit the week before.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:39 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

I wouldn't go to meet/be 'honored' by Trump either. Does that make me an asshole?

Apparently declining an invitation is grounds for asshole-dom. Is there anything that Trump has done that you think he's an asshole?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

MikeDrop

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:46 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

I wouldn't go to meet/be 'honored' by Trump either. Does that make me an asshole?

Apparently declining an invitation is grounds for asshole-dom. Is there anything that Trump has done that you think he's an asshole?

No, you have picked out one part of my response and taken it out of context.

If, as it seems the Eagles did, you accepted an invitation months in advance, worked with White House staff on the arrangements and set up other related activities for the same time period, and then started the security protocols to get over 70 visitors approved, then less than 3 days before try to reschedule for when the President is out of town so he could not participate, then when denied you reduce the numbers to 2 or 3 players, yes you would be an asshole for wasting a lot of people's valuable time and creating an embarrassing situation for the host, whose invitation you had previously accepted.

Proper etiquette would have been to decline the initial invitation.

jetero

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:00 pm

And this latest window into Dinesh’s soul proves yet again that this really is a problem of reasonable people on “both sides.” :sarcastic:

seb146

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:02 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
seb146 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

The reality is starting to come out. According to multiple journalists, it looks like the Eagles tried to reschedule to when the President would be prosecuted in Singapore. When that didn't work they said they would only bring 2 or 3 players, after providing a list of 70 names the day before.

Classless

My take on it is that the team provided a list of over 70 names and then asked to reschedule when Trump would be unavailable - the next day, all of this happening less than a week before the event. If they didn't want to visit they never should have made the arrangements in the first place. A lot of planning goes into any White House event, months in advance. Playing games like this the week before is insulting.

I personally wouldn't fault them for declining the visit, from the start. As with the NBA players, if they don't want to visit then fine, don't try to lead the Presidents team on and pull bullshit the week before.

Just off hand, it seems that the winning team makes plans to visit the White House, regardless of who is president. The team submits a name of the top people to Secret Service weeks before for clearance. Maybe, just maybe (pure speculation on my part) SOME of the players just did not want to meet him. Others maybe had family obligations. Still others may have been traded and could not get away or did not want to get away from their new team. Even others may have started a new football free life and did not/could not get away. Probably happens with every team, every time.

I don't think this played a role in the cancellation at all, but it is worth noting that tRump wanted a football team but league owners said no. Plus, there is his golf game to consider....

salttee

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:15 am

So Trump speaks regularly with Putin, and is fine with meeting Mr. Kim of North Korea but won't meet with the Eagles.

Wouldn't ya know.

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:08 am

salttee wrote:
So Trump speaks regularly with Putin, and is fine with meeting Mr. Kim of North Korea but won't meet with the Eagles.

Wouldn't ya know.

So you'd rather have the President meet with a football team that try to work out a peace deal with North Korea? You liberals make me laugh.

jetero

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 am

Mikey’s kind of like a Strato that can form complete sentences and isn’t overly obsessed (at least not yet) with men in women’s restrooms.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 am

This jackhole doesn't even know the words to the national anthem or God Bless America !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDbmGNuZQPE

jetero

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:37 am

727LOVER wrote:
This jackhole doesn't even know the words to the national anthem or God Bless America !

Not the first time there’s been evidence of that.

jetero

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 am

dragon-wings wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
salttee wrote:

Wouldn't ya know.

So you'd rather have the President meet with a football team that try to work out a peace deal with North Korea? You liberals make me laugh.

When Obama suggested he would meet with the leader of North Korea people on the right went nuts.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... p-and-oba/

A predictable bunch, as always.

dragon-wings

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 am

MikeDrop wrote:
salttee wrote:

Wouldn't ya know.

When Obama suggested he would meet with the leader of North Korea people on the right went nuts.

Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

727LOVER
Topic Author

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:12 am

dragon-wings wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
salttee wrote:

Wouldn't ya know.

Hell...what about when he went to Cuba?

seb146

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:27 am

727LOVER wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Hell...what about when he went to Cuba?

Oh, come on... We all know that Obama is far, extremist left and Castro is only far-ish left depending on which way the political winds are blowing....

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 am

910A wrote:

Huckabeast: always a liar. Always hideous.

MikeDrop wrote:

Classless

They didn't want to kiss the ring of the guy that called the sons of bitches? Weird.
I don't take responsibility at all

wingman

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:16 pm

727LOVER wrote:

Just when I thought Trump had achieved the maximum possible dick-face rating he went and blew out the record one more time. Between this and actually having the shame to trod on the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery he's sealed his fate as the biggest asshole President of all eternity. No one will ever come close, even halfway, to matching his level of cowardice, hypocrisy and destructiveness. It is simply amazing.

bgm

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:21 am

Just when you think Trump can't get more repulsively disgusting, he somehow becomes even more repulsively disgusting.

If you're going to pretend to be patriotic, at least know the words to The Star-Spangled Banner. Mind you, I doubt most of the Trumpanzees know it either.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 am

bgm wrote:
Just when you think Trump can't get more repulsively disgusting, he somehow becomes even more repulsively disgusting.

If you're going to pretend to be patriotic, at least know the words to The Star-Spangled Banner. Mind you, I doubt most of the Trumpanzees know it either.

But guess who CAN sing it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuWkIlXWYYg

WarRI1

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:44 am

Trump, the man who would be King.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

bgm

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:54 am

727LOVER wrote:
bgm wrote:

But guess who CAN sing it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuWkIlXWYYg

Pah! Fake news. He was really singing the Kenyan muslamic one. :duck:

treetreeseven

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:23 am

It's my understanding from an article I read earlier that most of the players changed their minds on attending after the NFL owners mandated that they stand for the anthem if visible. But that's just one article and none of this actually matters (to me or in any real sense), so I guess if you don't believe me, you can debunk it yourself.

Point being, this wasn't planned way in advance, the guest list fell apart after that move from the NFL.

jetero

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 am

treetreeseven wrote:
It's my understanding from an article I read earlier that most of the players changed their minds on attending after the NFL owners mandated that they stand for the anthem if visible. But that's just one article and none of this actually matters (to me or in any real sense), so I guess if you don't believe me, you can debunk it yourself.

Point being, this wasn't planned way in advance, the guest list fell apart after that move from the NFL.

Point being Trumpy Bear decided to lip sync the national anthem and God Bless America because his feelings were hurt.

In other words the President of the United States is a total joke.

Go us!

910A

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:45 am

It would be priceless if the Washington Capitals said no to the President.

jetero

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:57 am

910A wrote:
It would be priceless if the Washington Capitals said no to the President.

You forget where Ovechkin is from!

CitizenJustin

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:34 am

727LOVER wrote:
scamp wrote:
wingman wrote:

EDIT: All figures are at the 500 day mark.

Which is meaningless. To be popular with ones own people is no hard feat. What makes good leaders of the past was their ability to unify everyone and he’s failed at that. He will never bring unity to the states.