Dutchy

Re: From Russia with true vol. 2

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm

In the meantime, Norway arrested another Russian citizen for spying. https://www.thelocal.no/20180924/norway ... pected-spy
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

LMP737

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:26 pm

anrec80 wrote:

Then what IS a reputable source - Bellingcat? The ones who were already caught on fakes?

Definitely not the Russian MOD.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41991012
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

scbriml

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 am

LMP737 wrote:

"From Russia with true"

From Russia with true incompetence, more like. :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

DGVT

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
New edition of "Military acceptance" at the end of military exercises Vostok-2018. There are automatic subtitles.
https://youtu.be/ofWHni1vEVQ

Bonus: count the number of helicopters in the frame.

Ok I bite. Knowing how you get boners from seeing russian military hardware and imaging nuclear armageddon: 33 (inches)

Scorpius
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:33 pm

scbriml wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

"From Russia with true"

From Russia with true incompetence, more like. :rotfl:

After the statements of the official representatives of the state Department of US about the existence of the Rostov mountains anf Belarusian sea - you'd better not to raise the issue of incompetence. :rotfl:

WIederling

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Scorpius wrote:
After the statements of the official representatives of the state Department of US about the existence of the Rostov mountains anf Belarusian sea -

Tell me more!
Murphy is an optimist

Tugger

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:51 pm

WIederling wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
After the statements of the official representatives of the state Department of US about the existence of the Rostov mountains anf Belarusian sea -

Tell me more!

Regarding the "Rostov mountains", he's just referring to the gullibleness of some Russians to believe the misleadia when they make unsubstantiated claims about US state department people they don't like.
And for the Belarusian sea, he apparently takes issue with Lake Naroch in Belarus, being colloquially called "the Belarusian sea" (due its size and being the largest water body near Minsk, locals like to call it this).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

scbriml

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Scorpius wrote:
After the statements of the official representatives of the state Department of US about the existence of the Rostov mountains anf Belarusian sea - you'd better not to raise the issue of incompetence. :rotfl:

Even if that were true, it does nothing to change the incompetence of Russia, but good try at deflection.
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:30 am

WIederling wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Tell me more!

I'll clarify that when I get to the office.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:43 am

Tugger wrote:
WIederling wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Tell me more!

Regarding the "Rostov mountains", he's just referring to the gullibleness of some Russians to believe the misleadia when they make unsubstantiated claims about US state department people they don't like.
And for the Belarusian sea, he apparently takes issue with Lake Naroch in Belarus, being colloquially called "the Belarusian sea" (due its size and being the largest water body near Minsk, locals like to call it this).

Tugg

Lake Naroch is more than 100 kilometers from Minsk. Directly near Minsk is zaslavskoe reservoir, which locals called "Minsk sea". However, everyone understands that no sea it is not, as well as the Lake Naroch. In fact, Belarus has no access to the seas at all.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:14 pm

View of the exposition of the Museum of aviation in Monino.

Link on source: https://vk.com/aviarestorermonino?z=pho ... 8032_12841

WIederling

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Lake Naroch is more than 100 kilometers from Minsk. Directly near Minsk is zaslavskoe reservoir, which locals called "Minsk sea". However, everyone understands that no sea it is not, as well as the Lake Naroch. In fact, Belarus has no access to the seas at all.

Germany has quite a lot of lakes that have "Meer" ( ~= sea, ocean ) in their name
Grosses Meer, Zwischenahner Meer, Steinhuder Meer, ...
Murphy is an optimist

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:47 pm

WIederling wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Germany has quite a lot of lakes that have "Meer" ( ~= sea, ocean ) in their name
Grosses Meer, Zwischenahner Meer, Steinhuder Meer, ...

Those who called them so simply did not see the Karelian lakes. Or Baikal.

Braybuddy

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Scorpius wrote:

They're just screenshots!!! :-)

A3801000

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Skripal Suspect Boshirov Identified as GRU Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and- ... y-chepiga/

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:24 pm

A3801000 wrote:

All this is obviously FALSE! False I tell you!

I also suspect we will not see Colonel Chepiga or Mr. Boshirov very much longer. (Kinda explains his "comfort" during the interview.

Good thing for him he can retire with better benefits than other Russians since those employed in the security services and military like he is, can retire at 45.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... g-russians

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

They're just screenshots!!! :-)

What do you mean by that? This Museum for many years.
Link to Wikipedia article about this Museum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Air_Force_Museum

There is a unique collection of aircraft and helicopters.
For example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-105

or that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_V-12

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:11 pm

A3801000 wrote:

Bellingket is hard-core addicts. They seriously consider that about the secret agent of investigation someone will begin to write on the public website moreover and with formulations of what and when the state awards were issued?
In addition, on the face of Bashirov on his left cheek clearly visible birthmark, which has no but the rest of the photo.
All three submitted photos do not match the line of the eyebrows, cheekbones the width, length and shape of nose, the oval of the face.

However, local sects still will not ask questions associated with it - they blindly believe what is written Bellingсat

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Scorpius wrote:
A3801000 wrote:

Bellingket is hard-core addicts. They seriously consider that about the secret agent of investigation someone will begin to write on the public website moreover and with formulations of what and when the state awards were issued?
In addition, on the face of Bashirov on his left cheek clearly visible birthmark, which has no but the rest of the photo.
All three submitted photos do not match the line of the eyebrows, cheekbones the width, length and shape of nose, the oval of the face.

However, local sects still will not ask questions associated with it - they blindly believe what is written Bellingсat

What "birthmark" are you seeing? I see a mark on his cheek there but that does not make it a birthmark. Could be a scar from something that happened to him or a nick from shaving the day before. Why or how do you know to state it is a birthmark?

And as to the "the line of the eyebrows, cheekbones the width, length and shape of nose, the oval of the face."... they look pretty close to me, just visually. I am sure with today facial recognition software this will be easy to double check. Did you use such software for your conclusion?

The key thing is the info they are providing is available to review and check on. You won't be the only one looking at it and checking out the details.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scbriml

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Scorpius wrote:

Oh well, if you say it isn't him, that's good enough for me. :liar:

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:40 am

Dutchy wrote:
That's why no independent observers were there, they didn't want to be misused in the propaganda of Russia. And we know that there has been a massive fraud with this "referendum".

Well - since there were no “independent observers”, how then is it known that there was fraud?

Dutchy

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:47 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
That's why no independent observers were there, they didn't want to be misused in the propaganda of Russia. And we know that there has been a massive fraud with this "referendum".

Well - since there were no “independent observers”, how then is it known that there was fraud?

Because a Russian research agency said so. It has been removed quite quickly. It apparently was quite close with a small "victory for Russia. But basically, it doesn't matter, because the run-up was unfair and armed green men were inside the voting room.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:55 am

Dutchy wrote:
You can ridicule things all you want, but if the US government were to kill off native American population, I would say Russia has the right to intervene, even the moral duty. The world committed to never have a genocide again, unfortunately, we have seen it a number of times.

OK. So now finally we are coming to the very root cause if this whole Crimean thing. As we’ve been pointing out before, the whole thing began on Maidan with things like “Moscals (Russians) on knives!!!”, “Crimea will be either Ukrainian or deserted!!!”, notion of “friendship trains”, and the likes. Those all were war crimes and genocide acts in brew - similar to the one that took place in Odessa in May 2014. Of course Russian intelligence knew even more about the real plans of those who organized and directed the neo-Nazi gangs. Subsequent events in Odessa 2014 and Donbas just proved the validity of these grounds.

Hence, according to this logic of your own, Russia not only had a right, but a duty to come up with a plan to protect the Crimeans, and execute on those plans - agree? And this is exactly what they did - exceptionally. The rest - referendum, acceptance of the region into Russian Federation - were, firstly, necessary measures to protect people and make sure the war crimes do not happen on the peninsula. The rest is after-math.

I remember you talking about free and democratic discussion, but these cirtumtances - what do you think the result of any discussion would be? And - obviously everyone (in Russia, in Crimea) wants to see some measures taken to protect them, not TV talk shows being a “discussion”. Hence somewhere you have to apologize and take your words back Dutchy.
Last edited by anrec80 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
Because a Russian research agency said so.

Which “research agency” was that?

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:58 am

Tugger wrote:
What "birthmark" are you seeing? I see a mark on his cheek there but that does not make it a birthmark. Could be a scar from something that happened to him or a nick from shaving the day before. Why or how do you know to state it is a birthmark?

And as to the "the line of the eyebrows, cheekbones the width, length and shape of nose, the oval of the face."... they look pretty close to me, just visually. I am sure with today facial recognition software this will be easy to double check. Did you use such software for your conclusion?

The key thing is the info they are providing is available to review and check on. You won't be the only one looking at it and checking out the details.

Tugg

You still believe that Bellingcat? Even after they were caught on fakes? Including those from “social networks”?

Dutchy

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:38 am

anrec80 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

You still believe that Bellingcat? Even after they were caught on fakes? Including those from “social networks”?

You still believe Russian government so no need to call Tugg out.....

Dutchy

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:44 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
You can ridicule things all you want, but if the US government were to kill off native American population, I would say Russia has the right to intervene, even the moral duty. The world committed to never have a genocide again, unfortunately, we have seen it a number of times.

OK. So now finally we are coming to the very root cause if this whole Crimean thing. As we’ve been pointing out before, the whole thing began on Maidan with things like “Moscals (Russians) on knives!!!”, “Crimea will be either Ukrainian or deserted!!!”, notion of “friendship trains”, and the likes. Those all were war crimes and genocide acts in brew - similar to the one that took place in Odessa in May 2014. Of course Russian intelligence knew even more about the real plans of those who organized and directed the neo-Nazi gangs. Subsequent events in Odessa 2014 and Donbas just proved the validity of these grounds.

Hence, according to this logic of your own, Russia not only had a right, but a duty to come up with a plan to protect the Crimeans, and execute on those plans - agree? And this is exactly what they did - exceptionally. The rest - referendum, acceptance of the region into Russian Federation - were, firstly, necessary measures to protect people and make sure the war crimes do not happen on the peninsula. The rest is after-math.

I remember you talking about free and democratic discussion, but these cirtumtances - what do you think the result of any discussion would be? And - obviously everyone (in Russia, in Crimea) wants to see some measures taken to protect them, not TV talk shows being a “discussion”. Hence somewhere you have to apologize and take your words back Dutchy.

You ae thinking about killing me, right. Should you be arrested and be trown in jail? It is utter bull again. Russia wanted Crimea and took it. First annexation since wwII.

Dutchy

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:44 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You ae thinking about killing me, right. Should you be arrested and be trown in jail? It is utter bull again. Russia wanted Crimea and took it. First annexation since wwII.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:23 am

Dutchy wrote:

There is something called “thinking” and then legislature has a notion of “intent”. For “thinking” I will not be arrested. But - if I buy a gun, get in a car with it and will get pulled over close to your house - I will get arrested for intent to commit a crime. Nobody will wait until I actually kill you. Reasonable, right?

Same here. Perhaps Maidan jumping alone isn’t sufficient. But knowledge of actual preparations to ethnic crimes, or just when the new authorities are preparing to send criminal gangs to do the “job” while intending to look the other way - such things do constitute grounds for an action. Preparations such as gathering “volunteers” on Maidan and assigning them to buses and trains - those things demonstrate intent clearly. And subsequent events showed that the grounds were there indeed.

This is another episode of “Crimean Spring” in brew, where Ukrainian Maidan fighters attacked buses with Crimeans.

https://youtu.be/8S9mODhVNeM

Obviously this didn’t help preserve Crimea inside Ukraine. Things like this show, that this is not just thinking Dutchy. This is intent that can and should be acted upon. And it was. And there certainly were other things being prepared.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:36 am

Dutchy wrote:
Russia wanted Crimea and took it.

Yes, might have wanted. As they put it in Russia - “to want is not harmful, please feel free to continue to want”. Wanting in itself isn’t an offense. Just as dreaming. But - stupid maidowns themselves gave them all valid grounds for the action.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:33 am

Dutchy wrote:

You talked about the chain of events - here is one other article. In Russian, but Google Translate will do a good job. Written by a Crimean law enforcement official. Clear what these people were going away from. It also mentioned that initially, Russian Black Sea fleet’s officers received orders to stay put and not intrude, regardless. Orders from Russia followed later, to support these officers.

https://defendingrussia.ru/a/sevastopol ... esny-5393/

Tugger

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:44 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Population of Russian's in Crimea: 60%

Go ahead, prove fraud.

Wait, can I go into Chechnya 20 odd years ago with independent observers and take a vote, and if independence is the choice it is honored? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, what were you saying? When a majority population is in another country they can vote to have another nation take them over? Is that whst you said? Yeah, that is what you said.

Tugg

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:57 am

Dutchy wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Because a Russian research agency said so.

Which “research agency” was that?

article

So Google is now a Russian research agency? No wonders there is so much “election meddling”, since virtually any request related to virtually any election comes through a “Russian research agency”! No sanctions is enough here in such case.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:02 am

Tugger wrote:
Sorry, what were you saying? When a majority population is in another country they can vote to have another nation take them over? Is that whst you said? Yeah, that is what you said.

Tugg

This is not me who said that. This is Kosovo precedent. For a part of one country to secede and join another, the part does not have to ask its current home country permission to leave, and even polls do not have to comply with its legislature. The part can just do it.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:10 am

Tugger wrote:
Wait, can I go into Chechnya 20 odd years ago with independent observers and take a vote, and if independence is the choice it is honored? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Chechnya 20 years ago was not unlike that - factually independent territory. And officially they were offered any status they desire. Other situation is that, just like 80% of these “independencies”, they failed fast and miserably. This is what always happens when you have “forest brothers” running the region, instead of competent professionals. Baltic states and today’s Ukraine “independence” stories are similar to that one BTW.

Anyway - instead of nation building (and they had nice reserves of oil) and establishing the rule of law, they started kidnapping Russians from adjacent territories, terrorism, and many other things. Virtually any “brother” (normally from Middle East somewhere) could cut the head off anyone they feel like, wherever, whenever. Of course people simply got fed up with such “independence” and came to realization it just does not work. If they wanted it - they could achieve either that or a status within Russia, similar to factual privileges of a NATO and EU member.

Tugger

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:21 am

anrec80 wrote:
- they could achieve either that or a status within Russia, similar to factual privileges of a NATO and EU member.

Yeah.... No. Those are not equivalent. Russia... you are never going to leave (or do you think Crimea could even be allowed to leave?) and it takes all of two (three?) weeks to be forced... sorry... accepted into the federation. Meanwhile the EU, while obviously painful and almost abusive to leave, will not let yuo jon until many years of proof of desire to join.

But again, this is you narrative that you need to believe, not mine. I'm good sitting on the sidelines pointing out the obviously silliness.

Tugg

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 am

Tugger wrote:
Yeah.... No. Those are not equivalent.

Close enough for any day-to-day living, for any practical purposes.

Tugger wrote:
Russia... you are never going to leave (or do you think Crimea could even be allowed to leave?) and it takes all of two (three?) weeks to be forced... sorry... accepted into the federation. Meanwhile the EU, while obviously painful and almost abusive to leave, will not let yuo jon until many years of proof of desire to join.

Very well may be doable, if proper referendum is organized. But, just as in leaving EU case, there will be huge, likely prohibitive, costs. So high that we can say “never going to leave”. Same with EU exit of a small nation without their own economy, like any of Baltic ones. We can even say that those can’t leave because they can’t sustain themselves outside of EU.

bgm

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:19 am

This thread is very entertaining to read.

I remember growing up in the 80s listening to the Soviet propaganda, and it seems that very little has changed. They peddle out this crap and demand that we believe it. You must really think we are that gullible? I seriously doubt anyone in this thread believes a word Scorpius or anrec80 say, regarding MH17, Crimea, or the Novichok "tourists" (that last one is almost comedic, the GRU seriously need to work on their acting skills if they want to be more convincing).
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

A3801000

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:32 am

Instead of taking care of his own country and its population Putin prefers to try to destabilize western nations. From elections in the USA, supporting right wing and populist parties in Germany, France, UK, Hungary etc. to more or less direct involvement in politics in Macedonia.
Nobody has shown him a real stop sign yet so he still thinks he is free to continue. Time for more sanctions and cut off Russia from SWIFT would be a start.
anrec80 and Scorpius don't care if we believe anything they write, they get paid to do this and the tactic of Russia is just derailing any meaningful discussions, away from the important talking points. The idea is to not make us believe anything, but to not make us believe anything, that's why you get one ridiculous MH17 'theory' after the other.

DGVT

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:58 am

Having just read some parts of the report, I was quite surprised to see how state secrets are rather easily available through public sources, phone calls or insiders. I had to chuckle when I read that residential and telephone databases are available as torrents. To me it seems that the governance of classified information and private information is massively compromised.

A3801000

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:14 am

DGVT wrote:
I had to chuckle when I read that residential and telephone databases are available as torrents. To me it seems that the governance of classified information and private information is massively compromised.

You can buy such databases in Moscow on markets )proper outdoor markets with stalls), same with diplomas or anything else you need. low level government employees will copy and sell whatever they get their hands on.

scbriml

Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 am

bgm wrote:
the Novichok "tourists" (that last one is almost comedic, the GRU seriously need to work on their acting skills if they want to be more convincing).

I know. Then for our Russian bots to claim "they're clearly different people"... Hilarious.

Of course, if they were actually different people (which nobody believes), it would be trivial to arrange an interview on RT with both "Ruslan Boshirov" and Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga in the same room. I'm sure Vlad will suggest it soon.

Scipio

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Separatism is illegal under Russian law. The actions undertaken by Russia and its agents in Crimea are crimes under Russian law, if undertaken on Russian territory.

Indeed, Crimeans are now being jailed for expressing pro-Ukrainian views.

So much for the whole argument of the right of self-determination of people as a basis for the annexation of Crimea. Now that they are, in Russia's view, part of Russia, Crimeans no longer have any right of self-determination...

Tugger

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Scipio wrote:
Separatism is illegal under Russian law. The actions undertaken by Russia and its agents in Crimea are crimes under Russian law, if undertaken on Russian territory.

So much for the whole argument of the right of self-determination of people as a basis for the annexation of Crimea. Now that they are, in Russia's view, part of Russia, Crimeans no longer have any right of self-determination...

:checkmark:

Tugg

A3801000

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Scorpius wrote:
A3801000 wrote:

'Russian journalists find a childhood classmate who confirms that one of the Salisbury suspects is really a man researchers say is a GRU colonel'

https://meduza.io/en/news/2018/09/27/ru ... ru-colonel

How does it feel to lie after lie after lie? Or just for the money?

Zeppi

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:26 pm

The air is getting mighty thin for Pooty and Russia as a whole, that's for sure.
Funny though to watch themselves getting dug in deeper and deeper in the shit while everyone can see right through them anyway.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Scipio wrote:

And who was jailed in Crimea for expressing a pro-Ukrainian point of view?

ChrisKen

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:55 pm

anrec80 wrote:
And who was jailed in Crimea for expressing a pro-Ukrainian point of view?

A simple web search brings up scores of them but no doubt they're all fake news and western propaganda that don't fit your warped government sanctioned narrative.

anrec80

Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
A simple web search brings up scores of them but no doubt they're all fake news and western propaganda that don't fit your warped government sanctioned narrative.

And what am I googling for?

Yes, there are some extremism cases when someone was displaying an emblem of an organization outlawed in Russia - such as ISIS or far-right Ukrainian Azov. But they aren’t numerous. And Ukrainian language is even official in that region.

LMP737

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:02 am

Scorpius wrote:
fter the statements of the official representatives of the state Department of US about the existence of the Rostov mountains anf Belarusian sea - you'd better not to raise the issue of incompetence. :rotfl:

Is that the best you can do? Does this take away from the fact that the Russian MOD posted screen captures from a video game? Which proves that they are either liars, incompetent or incompetent liars.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.