jpetekyxmd80

Re: Supremely Screwed

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 am

VTKillarney1 wrote:
Replace “guy” with “Hillary Clinton” and you just might have something here.

Wow, real originality here.. You really find nothing I say applicable to Donald Trump?

Fake news media NBC!! Oh wait, that network made me most of what I am in the public eye.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:28 am

This is less about Trump- this remained still pretty predictable- and more a reminder of how the republicans basically stole a seat and essentially control, and their behavior in this instance is shining a glaring light on that vast hypocrisy right now.

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:28 am

seb146 wrote:
A president under investigation should not be allowed to nominate anyone period.

You seem unfamiliar with how the US Government works. I'll explain it for you:
We have 3 branches of government in the US - thus a balance of power.
The president only nominates the SC Justice.
Congress (the Senate) approves the nomination if they deem that the nominee is worthy.
If the President nominates someone who is unacceptable to the majority of the Senate they will do their duty and deny that nominee the seat.

The system works.

Have faith!

Mike Drop

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:37 am

Honestly the politically smart move would be to wait until after the midterms.

The midterms will be about the supreme court, not about trump. They would do better. And they could claim hey, we're not hypocrites.

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Honestly the politically smart move would be to wait until after the midterms.

The midterms will be about the supreme court, not about trump. They would do better. And they could claim hey, we're not hypocrites.

Excellent idea! Why don't you go to President Trump's twitter page and make this suggestion? I'm sure he is waiting for advice from random lefties on the internet.

LOL

Mike Drop

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:45 am

I want to believe you that you're not just a troll who goes around saying BOOM in every post going out of your way to be as obnoxious as possible, but you're going to have to make a substantive post at some point. You act like there is no logic in that? Given the awful 2018 map i personally dont have much hope of taking senate.

OA412

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:56 am

Max Q wrote:
When the republicans finally succeed in following chump into the abyss of totalitarianism they will regret what they’ve done

But it will be too late

Indeed it will be. All I can do is take comfort in knowing how harshly history will judge these cowards as spineless enablers.
jetero wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Well said, I agree 100 %. The stench of hypocrisy from an other once respected part of the US government. Justice prevails?, I think not. Just another bunch of political hacks like congress. When all respect is lost for our once cherished Institutions, what come next? Lady Liberty lost her Virginity long ago. These Idiots do not know what they are doing to this country, and they do not seem to care.

It’s very clear from the above they don’t care. It’s only about being able to say, “We won! You didn’t! And we’re getting our rocks off on you guys being upset!”

As I’ve said before, for a lot of these people it’s all about liberal tears. They’re willing to see this country burn to the ground just to stick it to liberals.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

jetero
Topic Author

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:03 am

Bagoldex was right ... MikeDrop is CC, too.

WarRI1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 am

OA412 wrote:
Max Q wrote:
When the republicans finally succeed in following chump into the abyss of totalitarianism they will regret what they’ve done

But it will be too late

Indeed it will be. All I can do is take comfort in knowing how harshly history will judge these cowards as spineless enablers.
jetero wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Well said, I agree 100 %. The stench of hypocrisy from an other once respected part of the US government. Justice prevails?, I think not. Just another bunch of political hacks like congress. When all respect is lost for our once cherished Institutions, what come next? Lady Liberty lost her Virginity long ago. These Idiots do not know what they are doing to this country, and they do not seem to care.

It’s very clear from the above they don’t care. It’s only about being able to say, “We won! You didn’t! And we’re getting our rocks off on you guys being upset!”

As I’ve said before, for a lot of these people it’s all about liberal tears. They’re willing to see this country burn to the ground just to stick it to liberals.

What gets me is the self destruction these people fail to see on here. They try to stick it to us so called Liberals and they are sticking it to themselves and their families as well. Do they honestly think that the wealthy and corporations give a shit about them? I have been around a few years and I have yet to see any evidence of that pipe dream from the corporations I worked for or the wealthy who ran them. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Famous words that are so applicable to this country now. We seem to have a fool in the White House supported by fools who think he cares. Naivete to the max from fools who love to be screwed over by the wealthy and the system.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

777222LR

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 am

I'm not going to say Nazi, racist, etc., however, as a gay man in the US, as a supporter of equal rights for all, I do hope that we don't regress and overturn the decisions the minorities, including myself, really need to remain in place. All of us really have no effect on your lives.

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
I want to believe you that you're not just a troll who goes around saying BOOM in every post going out of your way to be as obnoxious as possible, but you're going to have to make a substantive post at some point. You act like there is no logic in that? Given the awful 2018 map i personally dont have much hope of taking senate.

Ok - Ask me a question and I'll answer it for you. Deal?

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:31 am

What is your objective assessment of the handling of the Garland nomination, how ethical do you think it was and should republicans try to have a consistent precedent going forward based on that. How soon is too soon?

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 am

777222LR wrote:
I'm not going to say Nazi, racist, etc., however, as a gay man in the US, as a supporter of equal rights for all, I do hope that we don't regress and overturn the decisions the minorities, including myself, really need to remain in place. All of us really have no effect on your lives.

A reasonable post. I agree with you.

Mir

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:43 am

VTKillarney1 wrote:
Please, people:
Let's not forget a couple of important points that distinguish this from Merrick Garland's situation.
1) It’s not a Presidential election.
2) Obama’s second SCOTUS pick was confirmed in August of a midterm election year (2010).

1) Irrelevant. The Constitution says that two branches are involved in the appointment of a Supreme Court justice. The executive nominates, the legislature (or half the legislature, in this case) confirms. If you're going to say that the people should have a say in who nominates, you must also say that the people should have a say in who confirms. That means waiting until after the election.

2) That was before the McConnell rule, so also irrelevant.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
What is your objective assessment of the handling of the Garland nomination, how ethical do you think it was and should republicans try to have a consistent precedent going forward based on that. How soon is too soon?

I can only tell you how I felt about it at the time. I wont BS you and claim any more objectivity than any other poster here.

At the time I supported how Mitch McConnell handled the nomination. I felt that the whole "Biden Rule" thing was just OK, but honestly not important. While it was convenient, it really wasn't relevant for me. I felt that the way that Harry Reid had ruled as the Senate Majority Leader from 2007 to 2015 set all the tone and precedents that the Republicans needed to sink the Garland nomination. I wont list all of the things that Harry Reid did that poisoned any hope for any bipartisanship for the next 20 years, because I don't feel the need to convince you - but I will provide a few gems. Suffice it to say, that after those 8 years there was never going to be any hope of any cooperation from the Republicans. Its a fact.

Harry Reid will go down as the worst senator in the history of the republic - in my opinion. Here are a few highlights of how he set the stage for the current situation:

1) The Senate under Harry Reid did not pass a budget at any time during the 4 years from 2010 to 2013. This was pure politics and it was purely for political advantage. He actually went three entire years without ever allowing a vote on a budget. These were years of massive deficits. the federal budget deficit for 2011 alone was $1.3 trillion. 2012 was $1.1 trillion. That trillion with a T.

2) In 2013 Harry Reid used a parliamentary move to change the rules in the Senate so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote super majority that has been the standard for nearly four decades. The recent idea of changing the Senate rules to meet one party's short term goals started with the Democrats and Harry Reid. Now you are just reaping what they sowed.

3) During the 2012 presidential election - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid stood in the well of the Senate and accused then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney of having not paid any taxes over the past decade. This was proven to be a lie. But it didn't matter to any democrat, and while it wasn't the only reason why Romney lost, it really did hurt him. It also set the stage for the current environment. Why should I give a shit if Trump pisses you off? None of that seemed to matter to the democrats when the Senate Majority Leader was lying ON THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE to win an election.

4) During the 2016 presidential election Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid advocated very publicly that the CIA should lie to Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and give him fake intel briefings.

All of these actions by one of the most senior Democratic leaders are despicable and set the stage for the poisoned situation we have today. Few if any Republicans give a rats ass if any democrat is upset about the consequences.

So - to directly answer your question - given the ethical environment set up by the Democrats when they were in the majority of the Senate, YES the Garland nomination was handled within the ethical norms of the last 8 years.

Mike Drop

Tugger

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:44 am

MikeDrop wrote:
ethical environment set up by the Democrats when they were in the majority of the Senate, YES the Garland nomination was handled within the ethical norms of the last 8 years.

OK so you do think the Dems should react the same and work to make the process "fail" just as the Republicans did. Obstruct, do everything to not work together with the "other side" (which if course is half of the USA but hey who cares we can ignore losers. You don't need to actually represent the constituents of your district). But you sure tried to walk around it a lot. You should have just said that.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:58 am

Tugger wrote:
OK so you do think the Dems should react the same and work to make the process "fail" just as the Republicans did. Obstruct, do everything to not work together with the "other side" (which if course is half of the USA but hey who cares we can ignore losers.

This is what the Dems had already been doing for the last 11 plus years. I'm not being snarky, its a fact. Why are you so surprised when the Repubs do the same thing? This will be the norm moving forward. Thank Harry Reid, Not Mitch McConnell.

Tugger wrote:
But you sure tried to walk around it a lot. You should have just said that.
Sorry, but I felt it necessary to back up my claims with some substance and facts. Nothing I provided is incorrect.

The real question should be: How is it even possible that the Dems are upset with the Garland nomination fail? After the way they acted for the previous 8 years as the majority in the Senate they should have expected it.

Mike Drop

seb146

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 am

The Democrats obstruct and it is bad. Republicans obstruct and it is patriotic. One party wants Christian Sharia, the other wants people to have low cost health care and low cost education. Why is it patriotic when Christian Sharia wants to take over?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

tommy1808

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 am

VTKillarney1 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Oh boy

His MO is becoming clearer by the day

Are you suggesting that Trump has done anything other than abide fully with court restrictions that have been placed upon him - even from low level judges appointed from Obama? Because that is some SERIOUS evidence that Trump if far from acting like a Nazi.

If you think the Nazis didn´t abide the law you need some more history lessons. They stacked the courts in their favor and slowly removed effective judicial oversight. If they had broken laws the Nuremberg trials would not need to be based on crimes against humanity, they would have just used the German penal code.

And by the time they have definitely reached what could be legalized, they just claimed the the President is above the law, ah... “Sovereign immunity”. Hitler also liked to just ignored international treaties, but those have no penalties attached.

Trump and his admin are also huge fans of what Hitler coined as "big lies" as a propaganda tool, with one of his attorneys on record that using big lies is exactly what he is doing.

And if you read Hitlers psychological profile from he

United States Office of Strategic Services wrote:
His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

it becomes even more clear.

best regards
Thomas
....the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero

DIRECTFLT

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 am

MikeDrop wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

I can only tell you how I felt about it at the time. I wont BS you and claim any more objectivity than any other poster here.

At the time I supported how Mitch McConnell handled the nomination. I felt that the whole "Biden Rule" thing was just OK, but honestly not important. While it was convenient, it really wasn't relevant for me. I felt that the way that Harry Reid had ruled as the Senate Majority Leader from 2007 to 2015 set all the tone and precedents that the Republicans needed to sink the Garland nomination. I wont list all of the things that Harry Reid did that poisoned any hope for any bipartisanship for the next 20 years, because I don't feel the need to convince you - but I will provide a few gems. Suffice it to say, that after those 8 years there was never going to be any hope of any cooperation from the Republicans. Its a fact.

Harry Reid will go down as the worst senator in the history of the republic - in my opinion. Here are a few highlights of how he set the stage for the current situation:

1) The Senate under Harry Reid did not pass a budget at any time during the 4 years from 2010 to 2013. This was pure politics and it was purely for political advantage. He actually went three entire years without ever allowing a vote on a budget. These were years of massive deficits. the federal budget deficit for 2011 alone was $1.3 trillion. 2012 was $1.1 trillion. That trillion with a T.

2) In 2013 Harry Reid used a parliamentary move to change the rules in the Senate so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote super majority that has been the standard for nearly four decades. The recent idea of changing the Senate rules to meet one party's short term goals started with the Democrats and Harry Reid. Now you are just reaping what they sowed.

3) During the 2012 presidential election - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid stood in the well of the Senate and accused then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney of having not paid any taxes over the past decade. This was proven to be a lie. But it didn't matter to any democrat, and while it wasn't the only reason why Romney lost, it really did hurt him. It also set the stage for the current environment. Why should I give a shit if Trump pisses you off? None of that seemed to matter to the democrats when the Senate Majority Leader was lying ON THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE to win an election.

4) During the 2016 presidential election Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid advocated very publicly that the CIA should lie to Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and give him fake intel briefings.

All of these actions by one of the most senior Democratic leaders are despicable and set the stage for the poisoned situation we have today. Few if any Republicans give a rats ass if any democrat is upset about the consequences.

So - to directly answer your question - given the ethical environment set up by the Democrats when they were in the majority of the Senate, YES the Garland nomination was handled within the ethical norms of the last 8 years.

Mike Drop

By any means necessary...

Both play it.

Dems: The handling of the Robert Bork nomination.

Payback IS a Bitch, isn't it.

Liberal point of view / conservative point of view --- we just have to agree to disagree, and live with what the court says is constitutional, until it's changed, by the court, or by an Amendment to the Constitution. All of the labeling by one side to make that other side invalid, and not even have standing in the public debate, is itself not of a Democracy. You will not win the day. There are still too many freedom loving people in this nation that will not now be silenced by your labeling tactics. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Except the Left cannot accept giving any ground, because they don't consider that an option, for them. Their rights shall not be infringed. That viewpoint does not allow for Democracy. Works well in a Communist or a totalitarian setting though.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

tommy1808

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:27 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Except the Left cannot accept giving any ground, because they don't consider that an option, for them. Their rights shall not be infringed. That viewpoint does not allow for Democracy. Works well in a Communist or a totalitarian setting though.

If that where true all democrats would need to be gay. They are not, obviously the get the concept of rights for them. The "you can not get married, because i don´t like gay people" crowd however, not so much.

best regards
Thomas

ltbewr

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:56 am

In the 1930's, a number of programs FDR initiated to deal with the Great Depression were terminated due to a 'conservative' Supreme Court saying they were unconstitutional, mainly as usurped States Rights. FDR then made an attempt to increase the number of Justices on the Supreme Court to get more 'liberal' ones on to support his programs that were benefiting people. That fizzled out as several Justices died or retired and could replace them with more liberal ones supportive of his policy. For the next 40 or so years, the Supreme Court was a liberal one, doing the job our Congress and States wouldn't by legislation, ending in parts racial discrimination, insuring rights of arrest and legal representation, legal access to birth control, expanding the right to vote, keeping the power of the President in check, supporting regulation of businesses, and others that we take for granted today.

The Roe v. Wade decision limiting states from having restrictions on access to legal abortion to a certain point of fetal development and a backlash as to Civil Rights, for a short time suspending the use of the Death Penalty and others led to a turning point to push for more 'Conservative' Judges in the 1970's and taken up by the Reagan Administration as ones appointed by FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, JFK died or retired. Under Clinton and Obama, several 'liberal' Justices were appointed and approved but under Republicans, they got to put in openly Conservative ones. Some conservative candidates, including Robert Bork, failed to be appointed due to their extreme views and really set up the severe politicization of appointments to the SCOTUS and other Federal courts we face today.

Currently we have several elderly Justices that are likely to die or retire, like Kennedy who is 81, allowing the Republicans to replace them with Justices who may last 30+ years and transform the court to a much more 'conservative' one. The Conservatives are hoping to appoint Justices to overturn Roe v. Wade, end affirmative action, curb unions, reduce workers rights, limit civil rights, gut voting rights, support corporations more like people as to rights, narrow 1st Amendment rights except for campaign donations and give too much power to the President.

I wish we could find less conflict in the appointments to the SCOTUS and its process, but the political pressures to 'tame' what may be excesses of their power have the potential to go too far and too many get damaged from it.

tommy1808

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:28 am

ltbewr wrote:
The Roe v. Wade decision limiting states from having restrictions on access to legal abortion to a certain point of fetal development and a backlash.

It is funny how the backlash is coming from people that always and without fail insist that "rights" are not anything a nation state can grand or take away, yet they hope for a supreme court to do exactly that: take rights away.

Add on, according to a a Thomas Reuters study these are the most dangerous countries to travel for women traveling alone: http://poll2018.trust.org/

1. Indien
2. Afghanistan
3. Syrien
4. Somalia
5. Saudi Arabien
6. Pakistan
7. Demokratische Republik Kongo
8. Jemen
9. Nigeria
10. USA

MAGA!

best regards
Thomas

Airstud

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:22 am

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Oh boy

His MO is becoming clearer by the day

Are you suggesting that Trump has done anything other than abide fully with court restrictions that have been placed upon him - even from low level judges appointed from Obama? Because that is some SERIOUS evidence that Trump if far from acting like a Nazi.

If you think the Nazis didn´t abide the law you need some more history lessons. They stacked the courts in their favor and slowly removed effective judicial oversight. If they had broken laws the Nuremberg trials would not need to be based on crimes against humanity, they would have just used the German penal code.

And by the time they have definitely reached what could be legalized, they just claimed the the President is above the law, ah... “Sovereign immunity”. Hitler also liked to just ignored international treaties, but those have no penalties attached.

Trump and his admin are also huge fans of what Hitler coined as "big lies" as a propaganda tool, with one of his attorneys on record that using big lies is exactly what he is doing.

And if you read Hitlers psychological profile from he

United States Office of Strategic Services wrote:
His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

it becomes even more clear.

best regards
Thomas

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." - Mark Twain
Pancakes are delicious.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

What is so awful about the 2018 map that will hurt the Democrat’s chances? As compared to a 2012 map?

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:47 am

tommy1808 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
The Roe v. Wade decision limiting states from having restrictions on access to legal abortion to a certain point of fetal development and a backlash.

It is funny how the backlash is coming from people that always and without fail insist that "rights" are not anything a nation state can grand or take away, yet they hope for a supreme court to do exactly that: take rights away.

Add on, according to a a Thomas Reuters study these are the most dangerous countries to travel for women traveling alone: http://poll2018.trust.org/

1. Indien
2. Afghanistan
3. Syrien
4. Somalia
5. Saudi Arabien
6. Pakistan
7. Demokratische Republik Kongo
8. Jemen
9. Nigeria
10. USA

MAGA!

best regards
Thomas

Did you read the methodology of that survey? Hint: It is not based on actual statistics. They surveyed “experts on women’s issues,” who just happen to correlate with being anti-Trump and believe that there is a war on women. This poll has much more to do with fear than reality.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 am

Regarding post #129:
No, women’s studies experts correlate with being anti-Trump and believing that there is a war on women happening under his leadership.

(Why does this forum constantly put my responses BEFORE the post I am responding to?)

tommy1808

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 am

VTKillarney1 wrote:
Did you read the methodology of that survey?

yes

Hint: It is not based on actual statistics.

Hint: you can not do that, because countries have different statistical standard.

who just happen to correlate with being anti-Trump and believe that there is a war on women..

which is a statement you just made up.

best regards
Thomas

stratosphere

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am

OA412 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

But it will be too late

jetero wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

You mean like Bill Maher who would like to see a recession in order to drag Trump through the mud? Hypocrites much?

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:33 pm

mbmbos wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
Frankly, I'm not sure the United States exists anymore. We're just NAZIs waving a different colored flag.

Holy false equivalence! It also trivializes the horror of the millions of Jews that were slaughtered just for being Jewish, not to mention the millions of innocent citizens that were killed in World War II.

False equivalence? Nope. We're well down the same road. And stop clutching your pearls.

It is YOU who are trivializing what is happening in the U.S. today. Wake up!

How are we “well down” that road? Honest question.

mbmbos

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:40 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
Frankly, I'm not sure the United States exists anymore. We're just NAZIs waving a different colored flag.

Holy false equivalence! It also trivializes the horror of the millions of Jews that were slaughtered just for being Jewish, not to mention the millions of innocent citizens that were killed in World War II.

False equivalence? Nope. We're well down the same road. And stop clutching your pearls.

"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

casinterest

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:

People that trivialize the Nazi party and only associate it with the Holocaust are how we are well down that road. People such as yourself forget how the Nazi party rose to power by demonizing minorities, destroying the media, and oppressing opposing points of view. Break out your history book and learn about how the Nazi party rose to power and you might see some interesting correlations.
Where ever you go, there you are.

OA412

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 pm

stratosphere wrote:
OA412 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

But it will be too late

jetero wrote:

You mean like Bill Maher who would like to see a recession in order to drag Trump through the mud? Hypocrites much?

A) I'm not a Bill Maher fan and don't consider him left wing and B) A recession has short-term consequences whereas the consequences of stacking the bench with zealots will take a generation (or potentially more) to undo.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Casobs

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 pm

seb146 wrote:
The Democrats obstruct and it is bad. Republicans obstruct and it is patriotic. One party wants Christian Sharia, the other wants people to have low cost health care and low cost education. Why is it patriotic when Christian Sharia wants to take over?

Nobody is calling it patriotic but you. Stop interjecting your boss into it.

It's politically prudent and that's it. Both sides do it and it's pathetic.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:29 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

People that trivialize the Nazi party and only associate it with the Holocaust are how we are well down that road. People such as yourself forget how the Nazi party rose to power by demonizing minorities, destroying the media, and oppressing opposing points of view. Break out your history book and learn about how the Nazi party rose to power and you might see some interesting correlations.

It's not enough to be a Nazi if you merely rise to power by engaging in rhetoric. If that was the case, nearly every politician on this planet would be a Nazi. You also need to believe in, and takes steps toward, things like the extermination of the Jewish race. You need to force Jews to live in ghettos and confiscate their property while building the infrastructure to exterminate them. You need to purge Jewish and Socialist judges, lawyers, and other court officers from their professions. (Hitler did that as early as 1933. Trump - well... he hasn't.) You need to create special People's Courts throughout the country to try politically sensitive cases. The People's Court must become part of the Nazi system of terror, condemning tens of thousands of people as "Volk Vermin" and thousands more to death for "Volk Treason." Merely appointing judges who share your political outlook is not even close - again, every politician who has appointed a judge would be a Nazi. You need to reintroduce conscription and move troops in violation of treaties.

So, yeah, I have broken out a history book from time to time. And they tell me that Trump is boorish and often genuinely offensive, but he is no Nazi.

Calling him a Nazi makes your argument sound weak and immature. Instead of levying legitimate, specific criticisms against Trump and his policy proposals, you appear to be merely tossing about a devalued insult. But I suppose it makes you feel much better, so there's that. Frankly, the fact that you feel perfectly safe leveling these types of claims against Trump means that you genuinely don't feel that he is a Nazi. If you really did, you would not be so vocal in your criticism for fear of your own life. Ironically, Trump has rolled back the authority of the Executive Branch (mostly to spite Obama by freeing up restrictions imposed on businesses) - but you conveniently ignore that fact.

Let's scale this back and pick just one of your vague claims. I see that you infer that Trump has "destroyed the media." Can you explain exactly how he has done that?

2122M

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:05 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:

It's not enough to be a Nazi if you merely rise to power by engaging in rhetoric. If that was the case, nearly every politician on this planet would be a Nazi. You also need to believe in, and takes steps toward, things like the extermination of the Jewish race. You need to force Jews to live in ghettos and confiscate their property while building the infrastructure to exterminate them. You need to purge Jewish and Socialist judges, lawyers, and other court officers from their professions. (Hitler did that as early as 1933. Trump - well... he hasn't.) You need to create special People's Courts throughout the country to try politically sensitive cases. The People's Court must become part of the Nazi system of terror, condemning tens of thousands of people as "Volk Vermin" and thousands more to death for "Volk Treason." Merely appointing judges who share your political outlook is not even close - again, every politician who has appointed a judge would be a Nazi. You need to reintroduce conscription and move troops in violation of treaties.

So, yeah, I have broken out a history book from time to time. And they tell me that Trump is boorish and often genuinely offensive, but he is no Nazi.

Calling him a Nazi makes your argument sound weak and immature. Instead of levying legitimate, specific criticisms against Trump and his policy proposals, you appear to be merely tossing about a devalued insult. But I suppose it makes you feel much better, so there's that. Frankly, the fact that you feel perfectly safe leveling these types of claims against Trump means that you genuinely don't feel that he is a Nazi. If you really did, you would not be so vocal in your criticism for fear of your own life. Ironically, Trump has rolled back the authority of the Executive Branch (mostly to spite Obama by freeing up restrictions imposed on businesses) - but you conveniently ignore that fact.

Let's scale this back and pick just one of your vague claims. I see that you infer that Trump has "destroyed the media." Can you explain exactly how he has done that?

Trump has been in power 1 year. It takes time to fully discredit the media (you can't deny he's working on that), build favorable courts (see this thread topic), imprison your political opponents ("Lock her up") and persecute your chosen scapegoat (although deportations without due process is a start, and he's calling for that).

Are we Nazi Germany yet? No. But look at everything Trump is doing and you can see that this is the direction he wants to go it. He would be thrilled to have the kind of power Hitler had and will do and say what it takes to get there. It will be a real test of our constitution and our legal and political processes.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:07 pm

casinterest wrote:
As for Trump being a Nazi, no, he isn't

And there we have it, ladies and gentlemen!

casinterest wrote:
As for destroying the Media, Trump constantly attacks it; He will not grant interviews unless it is his Propoganda wing of Fox news. So yes , he is destroying the media. The cowards at his rallies that threaten the reporters at networks are proof of it.

If that is your evidence, you have most definitely not persuaded me. Can you actually cite an instance in when a media outlet was not allowed to report on something? Oh, you can't. And chanting "get out" is a First Amendment right - even if it is boorish. You conveniently left out the fact that nobody actually made Acosta leave. So as much as the First Amendment appears to trouble you, you still haven't showed any "destruction" of the media.
Last edited by VTKillarney1 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 pm

2122M wrote:
Trump has been in power 1 year. It takes time to ... build favorable courts (see this thread topic).
You do realize that every President in the history of this country has appointed judges that share their political view, do you not? You have stretched this concept beyond the limits of physics to put it into "Naziland."

A conservative President is going to nominate a conservative justice to replace a retiring conservative justice!!!!! Nazi alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break.

Why is the left so desperate to see a Nazi behind every rock? If there was one I'd be standing right next to you supporting you. But call me when that happens.
Last edited by VTKillarney1 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:15 pm

2122M wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/22/media/epa-cnn-associated-press-blocked/index.html

https://www.voanews.com/a/media-shut-ou ... 35902.html

Hmm... still no evidence of the President prohibiting a media outlet from reporting on something. You do realize that the EPA speech was live-streamed, do you not?

As for the private address to the party, both parties have barred reporters from those types of events.

Keep trying....

2122M

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:18 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
2122M wrote:
Trump has been in power 1 year. It takes time to ... build favorable courts (see this thread topic).
You do realize that every President in the history of this country has appointed judges that share their political view, do you not? You have stretched this concept beyond the limits of physics to put it into "Naziland."

A conservative President is going to nominate a conservative justice to replace a retiring conservative justice!!!!! Nazi alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break.

That's just one piece of the puzzle, and you know that because you conveniently left out the rest of my statement.

2122M

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:19 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
Why is the left so desperate to see a Nazi behind every rock? If there was one I'd be standing right next to you supporting you. But call me when that happens.

There were lots in Charlottesville. Trump called them "Good People."

MikeDrop

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Good luck in the mid term elections with your "Trump is a nazi" narrative. It won't resonate with the moderates and won't pull any Trump voters. Sure, it will resonate in Queens with the people who just voted in that 28 year old Bernie staffer, but they were already going to vote democrat anyway. But if that's all you've got then there's not much you can do about it.

Mike Drop

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:

He didn’t call all of them that. That said, it was a stupid and wrong thing to say. It also doesn’t elevate him to a Nazi. Actions matter by far more.

2122M

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:03 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:

He didn’t call all of them that. That said, it was a stupid and wrong thing to say. It also doesn’t elevate him to a Nazi. Actions matter by far more.

So he's actively advocating for Nazi-like things (lock her up, barring press from events etc...), and calling some Nazis "good people", and he's only been in power for 1.5 years. And you have no issues with that?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. As a 'moderate' what kind of justice do you want to see Trump appoint? Got any names in mind?

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:08 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Good luck in the mid term elections with your "Trump is a nazi" narrative. It won't resonate with the moderates and won't pull any Trump voters. Sure, it will resonate in Queens with the people who just voted in that 28 year old Bernie staffer, but they were already going to vote democrat anyway. But if that's all you've got then there's not much you can do about it.

Mike Drop

It’s hard to take someone seriously when they aren’t taking themselves seriously. I agree that screaming, “Nazi” isn’t going to win over any votes. It’s all about “How do I feel,” rather than, “How will my party succeed.” Two years is a long time to be drowned in your own tears.

VTKillarney1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney1 wrote:
2122M wrote:
So he's actively advocating for Nazi-like things (lock her up, barring press from events etc...), and calling some Nazis "good people", and he's only been in power for 1.5 years. And you have no issues with that?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. As a 'moderate' what kind of justice do you want to see Trump appoint? Got any names in mind?

1) He hasn’t barred the press from anything except a private party meeting, which both parties routinely do.
2) Actually locking her up would be a Nazi-like thing if she was denied due process. That hasn’t happened. Quite the opposite. The Justice Department has stayed away from Hillary. Remember when I said that actions are what matter? If Hitler just used words there would be about 6 million fewer dead Jews.
3) I’ve never said that I had no issues. Heck, I just took issue with what he has said. Why are you misrepresenting me in order to cling onto a failed theory?
4) As a moderate, I don’t get to pick the next Justice. A Republican gets to. I respect the process as established in the Constitution. For better or worse, Trump gets to make the nomination. Deal with it. Crying over who it should be gets us nowhere. Maybe if Hillary peeled herself away from her liberal cocoon and found Wisconsin on a map we’d be having a different conversation.

tommy1808

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:28 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
Maybe if Hillary peeled herself away from her liberal cocoon and found Wisconsin on a map we’d be having a different conversation.

Yup, we'd be discussion Mitch's press statement that the GOP will hold both supremcourt seats open until a republican is in the White House.

Best regards
Thimas

seb146

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Nobody is calling it patriotic but you. Stop interjecting your boss into it.

It's politically prudent and that's it. Both sides do it and it's pathetic.

How do "both sides want it?"

casinterest

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:33 pm

VTKillarney1 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
As for Trump being a Nazi, no, he isn't

And there we have it, ladies and gentlemen!
[/quote="VTKillarney1"]

Have what?
He is on the path. Whether others want to call him one or not, he has many of the tendancies.

casinterest wrote:
As for destroying the Media, Trump constantly attacks it; He will not grant interviews unless it is his Propoganda wing of Fox news. So yes , he is destroying the media. The cowards at his rallies that threaten the reporters at networks are proof of it.

If that is your evidence, you have most definitely not persuaded me. Can you actually cite an instance in when a media outlet was not allowed to report on something? Oh, you can't. And chanting "get out" is a First Amendment right - even if it is boorish. You conveniently left out the fact that nobody actually made Acosta leave. So as much as the First Amendment appears to trouble you, you still haven't showed any "destruction" of the media.

I don't have to persuade you. You are a buyer of his lies. you do follow tweets of his like a dogmatic believer right?

But you want examples?

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1434052 ... -news.html

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... -news.html
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:35 pm

It occurs to me that the end game for the right is to destroy the United States. Think about it. All manufacturing jobs were shipped overseas and, now, with high tariffs on imports, Americans will not be able to buy anything. Wages will plumet, so not even domestic food or housing will be affordable. They do not want affordable health care, just for people to die. As long as the United States and the economy are destroyed, the right will call it a victory.

But both sides do it, right?