Bricktop
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 pm

2122M wrote:
Again, You can justify and ignore and deflect all you want, but at the end of they day you will be standing shoulder to shoulder with the very worst that America has to offer when you show up to support this president.

And that's the problem. I reject your logic that Defending Trump = Defending Nazis = You're a Nazi too. That is the essence of the equivalency you're trying to make. You know you want to say it, so why not come right out and do it? Republicans are White Supremacists. Heck, you wouldn't even be in the first five million of your side to say it. You'll feel so much better getting it off your chest.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm

casinterest wrote:
I am not the left. Just the middle. Just because you bow to the fascist and enable him rather than challenging the overt lies and racism doesn't make you an expert on facism. years from now when archives are read, you will have sided with an ignorant lying fascist, and I will have challenged it. I stand with intelligence, not cowardliness and ignorance. So go back and lean on your ancient article from January 2017 prior to him taking office, when we now have over a year and a half of Trump proving that he is well on the way to fascism.

Repeatedly saying that Trump is a fascist does not actually make him a fascist.
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/1 ... -democracy

In all seriousness, if you have some actual facts to bring to the table, now would be the time to do so.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump is a facist. He is only limited by the current constraints of the US Government.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... ccounter=1[i][size=85]


This sums up perfectly the way the left thinks.

I posted a well reasoned, detailed analysis that Trump is not a fascist based on interviews with scholars of fascism.
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/1 ... -democracy

You rely on a fairly vague opinion piece by one lecturer with absolutely no expertise in fascism.
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/politics/our-staff ... ben-worthy

And yet you unilaterally declare that Trump is a fascist. If that is how you weigh evidence, you simply can never be believed due to your deep susceptibility to confirmation bias.

And even then... you point out that our systems will not actually let Trump effectuate fascism. A tacit admission that the threat is illusory.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the new left.



I am not the left. Just the middle. When you stand as far to the right as you do, everything is the new left. Just because you bow to the fascist and enable him rather than challenging the overt lies and racism doesn't make you an expert on facism. years from now when archives are read, you will have sided with an ignorant lying fascist, and I will have challenged it. I stand with intelligence, not cowardliness and ignorance. So go back and lean on your ancient article from January 2017 prior to him taking office, when we now have over a year and a half of Trump proving that he is well on the way to fascism.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
2122M
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
Again, You can justify and ignore and deflect all you want, but at the end of they day you will be standing shoulder to shoulder with the very worst that America has to offer when you show up to support this president.

This argument is meaningless. The same can be said of the left.

Your argument comes full circle to what I said several posts ago: Both parties have whackos.

Deal with it.


What large scale hate group is openly supporting a specific democratic candidate? What terrorist organization threw its full and vocal support behind Hillary? You would potentially have an answer with Louis Farrakhan and his support of Obama, but it should be noted that Obama quickly and vehemently rejected that support (unlike Trump's "good people on both sides") and Farrakhan has since withdrawn any support for Obama, as opposed to the Nazi's cozying up more and more with every decision Trump makes.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

2122M wrote:
What large scale hate group is openly supporting a specific democratic candidate? What terrorist organization threw its full and vocal support behind Hillary? You would potentially have an answer with Louis Farrakhan and his support of Obama, but it should be noted that Obama quickly and vehemently rejected that support (unlike Trump's "good people on both sides") and Farrakhan has since withdrawn any support for Obama, as opposed to the Nazi's cozying up more and more with every decision Trump makes.

I could go down this rabbit hole, but I am not going to. The reason is quite simple. These people do not define the party platform. They just don't. So it is an entirely meaningless exercise.
 
2122M
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Bricktop wrote:
2122M wrote:
Again, You can justify and ignore and deflect all you want, but at the end of they day you will be standing shoulder to shoulder with the very worst that America has to offer when you show up to support this president.

And that's the problem. I reject your logic that Defending Trump = Defending Nazis = You're a Nazi too. That is the essence of the equivalency you're trying to make. You know you want to say it, so why not come right out and do it? Republicans are White Supremacists. Heck, you wouldn't even be in the first five million of your side to say it. You'll feel so much better getting it off your chest.


Not at all what I want to say. This is an anonymous internet forum. If I wanted to say something, I'd say it. I think non-Nazi Trump supporters (such as yourself) have tried to avoid this ugly fact about their guy. The fact is, Nazi's love trump. They are proud of that and excited about that. If you also love Trump, you have to accept that you are in the company of Neo-Nazis and White supremacists. If you want to ignore that fact, that your prerogative, but if I were you, I'd want to know why the most universally despised group in the America and I see promise in the same policy-maker. Maybe start by speculating on exactly why Nazi's love Trump so much. Are there certain Nazi-positive policies of his that you personally disagree with?
 
2122M
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:25 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
What large scale hate group is openly supporting a specific democratic candidate? What terrorist organization threw its full and vocal support behind Hillary? You would potentially have an answer with Louis Farrakhan and his support of Obama, but it should be noted that Obama quickly and vehemently rejected that support (unlike Trump's "good people on both sides") and Farrakhan has since withdrawn any support for Obama, as opposed to the Nazi's cozying up more and more with every decision Trump makes.

I could go down this rabbit hole, but I am not going to. The reason is quite simple. These people do not define the party platform. They just don't. So it is an entirely meaningless exercise.


They do not define the party platform. That is 100% correct. And yet somehow, the party platform really, really appeals to them.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:25 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
I am not the left. Just the middle. Just because you bow to the fascist and enable him rather than challenging the overt lies and racism doesn't make you an expert on facism. years from now when archives are read, you will have sided with an ignorant lying fascist, and I will have challenged it. I stand with intelligence, not cowardliness and ignorance. So go back and lean on your ancient article from January 2017 prior to him taking office, when we now have over a year and a half of Trump proving that he is well on the way to fascism.

Repeatedly saying that Trump is a fascist does not actually make him a fascist.
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/1 ... -democracy

In all seriousness, if you have some actual facts to bring to the table, now would be the time to do so.


Dictionary.
I will keep posting examples from the past 18 months at your request. Instead of your craptastic article from January 2017.



https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

"often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."

Trump is well on the way with his bullying , tariffs, attacks on opponents and media. We are at a point in time when true Americans should be putting forth efforts to restrict his power grab. However the GOP has fallen in love with a racist lying coward, and continues to bully those that would oppose such deplorable traits.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
Dictionary.
"often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."

You: A one sentence dictionary definition.

Me: A deep dive by several experts on the field.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it.

Trump doesn't even meet the definition you provided, which makes it even more grand.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
He does meet it, but let's continue. Since you like OLD ARTICLES, Here is one from 2016 that dovetails Trump's 14 points of connectivity with facism.
https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

A novelist as an expert in fascism?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:40 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Dictionary.
"often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."

You: A one sentence dictionary definition.

Me: A deep dive by several experts on the field.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it.

Trump doesn't even meet the definition you provided, which makes it even more grand.


He does meet it, but let's continue. Since you like OLD ARTICLES, Here is one from 2016 that dovetails Trump's 14 points of connectivity with facism.
https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:50 pm

casinterest wrote:
"The first is a cult of tradition, a hearkening back to an earlier time when everything was better. Republicans have long leaned on this trope, often touting the administration of Pres. Dwight Eisenhower from 1953 to 1961 as particularly wonderful and ignoring the racism, class struggles and systemic sexism of the era."

https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

MAGA.

Let us continue as you see fit.

Well, I see you want to hold out Umberto Eco is the expert rather than, well, the experts I held out.

In any event, you are also describing a populist. Which is what Trump is.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
He does meet it, but let's continue. Since you like OLD ARTICLES, Here is one from 2016 that dovetails Trump's 14 points of connectivity with facism.
https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

A novelist as an expert in fascism?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"The first is a cult of tradition, a hearkening back to an earlier time when everything was better. Republicans have long leaned on this trope, often touting the administration of Pres. Dwight Eisenhower from 1953 to 1961 as particularly wonderful and ignoring the racism, class struggles and systemic sexism of the era."

https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

MAGA.

Let us continue as you see fit.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
2122M
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
He does meet it, but let's continue. Since you like OLD ARTICLES, Here is one from 2016 that dovetails Trump's 14 points of connectivity with facism.
https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

A novelist as an expert in fascism?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"The first is a cult of tradition, a hearkening back to an earlier time when everything was better. Republicans have long leaned on this trope, often touting the administration of Pres. Dwight Eisenhower from 1953 to 1961 as particularly wonderful and ignoring the racism, class struggles and systemic sexism of the era."

https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

MAGA.

Let us continue as you see fit.


If he's not fascist now, he's definitely trying. Voted most likely to become a fascist in the 2017 White House yearbook!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:11 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
"The first is a cult of tradition, a hearkening back to an earlier time when everything was better. Republicans have long leaned on this trope, often touting the administration of Pres. Dwight Eisenhower from 1953 to 1961 as particularly wonderful and ignoring the racism, class struggles and systemic sexism of the era."

https://warisboring.com/yes-trump-is-a- ... checklist/

MAGA.

Let us continue as you see fit.

Well, I see you want to hold out Umberto Eco is the expert rather than, well, the experts I held out.

In any event, you are also describing a populist. Which is what Trump is.


One of 14.

Let us continue with 2.


"
Fascists cannot stand analytical criticism and refuse to ever accept that they’re wrong. Trump says crime is on the rise. It isn’t. Trump says the inner cities are war zones. They aren’t. Trump claimed global warming was a Chinese hoax, then denied he’d said it. It’s not … and he did.""

And we continue
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump says crime is on the rise. It isn’t.

Wrong. The violent crime rate, after a long period of decline, has been rising for a couple of years:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/v ... ease-.html

So truth is now the new fascism?

casinterest wrote:
Trump says the inner cities are war zones.

They are, although Trump appears to be starting to get that under control.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

Again, truth is apparently the new fascism.

casinterest wrote:
Trump claimed global warming was a Chinese hoax, then denied he’d said it. It’s not … and he did.

This has nothing at all to do with whether or not he is a fascist inasmuch as it doesn't further a fascist agenda. As for a president having an ego, I suppose every President is a fascist. After all, if Bill Clinton bombed an aspirin factory.
And Obama... definitely fascist:
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... rab-spring
https://www.weeklystandard.com/stephen- ... fghanistan
https://stream.org/gates-obama-ignored- ... e-history/

This is a fun game! Let's keep going! Using your fake Umberto Eco test is a hoot!

By the way, when in this process am I supposed to point out to you that it's an overall disposition that matters and that picking out an isolated incident doesn't cut it? Nah... let's keep playing. I don't want to discourage you.
 
2122M
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump says crime is on the rise. It isn’t.

Wrong. The violent crime rate, after a long period of decline, has been rising for a couple of years:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/v ... ease-.html


If I can interject. Cas said crime, not necessarily violent crime. In addition, while violent crime is up the last 2 years, it is still around long term historical lows. Trump has tried to paint a picture of a hell-ish crime ridden landscape that only he can clean up, and that is simply not true.

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump says the inner cities are war zones.

They are, although Trump appears to be starting to get that under control.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html


These articles point to these two cities and having high crime rates compared to the rest of the country, but as your first link indicates, crime is historically low all over the country. Basically, these two cities are the tallest members of the lollypop guild. Not exactly war zones.

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump claimed global warming was a Chinese hoax, then denied he’d said it. It’s not … and he did.

This has nothing at all to do with whether or not he is a fascist inasmuch as it doesn't further a fascist agenda.


Cas is pointing out he's a liar and won't admit he's wrong. This, along with the support for the war in Iraq flip-flop, are perfect examples if Trump displaying that behavior.

Gonna try and break your mark set yesterday of 54 posts in one day?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:50 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

Let's continue . So many more points to make.


"During the second presidential debate, Trump promised to appoint a special prosecutor to pursue criminal charges against his rival Hillary Clinton for a crime the FBI has already reprimanded her for. He wants to jail his political opponent. That’s fascism.

"

Michael Flynn
http://www.newsweek.com/michael-flynn-l ... se-1018160

Hillary
https://www.sierrastar.com/opinion/colu ... 30604.html


Oh, and the violent crime rate has been going down for years.


So let's continue with your defense of the trump lies, while I point out the fascism.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Image

To be fair that doesn't count the amount of afghanis or iraqis killed there. So it's a half truth statement.

Image


Still, the fact that we can even make this type of comparison should be shameful to the residents of Chicago.

Also keep in mind, Afghanistan has a population of 34 million people. Chicago only has a population of 2.7 million. If you wanted to then account for population the graph only gets worse for Chicago. Afghanistan would be 104 killed per million people; Chicago would be 183 killed per million people. So that's no bueno.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm

2122M wrote:
If I can interject. Cas said crime, not necessarily violent crime.

Gotcha. To shoe horn this theory you have to believe that Trump was referring to people writing bad checks and shoplifting.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 pm

2122M wrote:

These articles point to these two cities and having high crime rates compared to the rest of the country, but as your first link indicates, crime is historically low all over the country.

Violent crime has been on the rise since about 2015. I know that you hate facts, but Trump was being truthful when he said that crime was on the rise.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Image

To be fair that doesn't count the amount of afghanis or iraqis killed there. So it's a half truth statement.

Image


Still, the fact that we can even make this type of comparison should be shameful to the residents of Chicago.

Also keep in mind, Afghanistan has a population of 34 million people. Chicago only has a population of 2.7 million. If you wanted to then account for population the graph only gets worse for Chicago. Afghanistan would be 104 killed per million people; Chicago would be 183 killed per million people. So that's no bueno.



So let's point out that you omitted a source.
It's ok, I have it.

http://www.aei.org/publication/trump-ri ... es-and-no/

"he fact is, most murders in Chicago are concentrated in certain high-crime neighborhoods where most outsiders never venture. Most Americans would not set foot in Afghanistan, unless they were sent there by the US military, the press, or international organizations. But millions of Americans visit Chicago every year. Indeed, in 2015 Chicago set a tourism milestone, with 51 million visitors – more than any other year on record. The Windy City is setting both tourism records and murder records at the same time. Go figure."
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Bricktop wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
We can agree that Russia interfered with our elections. So did our FBI. But your alleged collusion with the Trump Campaign, and the frequent naming of Donald himself is unproven. Get proof, we'll talk.


FBI? Really? Okay, Alex Jones.


Maybe you should ask Hillary about James Comey. C'mon man, read your talking points. You may not understand them but you can at least repeat them back.


The FBI was not looking into a Hillary/Russia connection. The FBI were looking doing separate investigations independent of each other. The FBI keeps digging and digging farther and farther into Russian hacking of our elections and is finding a lot of connections between team MAGA and Russia. What is the connection between Hillary and Russia? Links, please.

Couldn't care less. It just speaks to how irredeemably hate-filled and intransigent you are. I don't do :banghead:, so I will stop here.


It actually speaks volumes that you feel the need to ride me over this. It shows how triggered you are. What about during the Obummer years?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 pm

I didn't omit the source, its embedded in the url's of the images.

I guarantee you the 51 million visitors who go to chicago each year don't go to see the crime ridden portions of south city, in fact, if tourists were the ones being killed you would see a marked decline in tourism numbers. which we aren't.

Ahh look, a map showing that this year's shootings are all occurring in the south and west sides, away from tourism centers.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/data/ct-shooting-victims-map-charts-htmlstory.html

Also the timing of these shootings suggests these aren't tourists either. Not sure how many tourists are out at 3am in the morning on the west side of chicago, but it sure is hell won't be me.

Also if you're suggesting that we should be including the 51 million tourists in the total per capita number you would also then have to weight said numbers based on their average length of stay. But I don't think anyone would genuinely expect such numbers to be included in crime statistics. Maybe if tourists were a major source of the crime, or crime being perpetrated onto. But that's not the case.
Last edited by trpmb6 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:21 pm

When Kavanaugh worked with Ken Starr, they tried finding anything at all to remove Bill Clinton from office. Then, he made statements about presidents being above the law

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brett-kava ... ial-power/

With the current investigation of team MAGA and their connections to Russia, we really can not have him even come for a confirmation vote, IMO.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:28 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I didn't omit the source, its embedded in the url's of the images.

I guarantee you the 51 million visitors who go to chicago each year don't go to see the crime ridden portions of south city, in fact, if tourists were the ones being killed you would see a marked decline in tourism numbers. which we aren't.

Ahh look, a map showing that this year's shootings are all occurring in the south and west sides, away from tourism centers.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/data/ct-shooting-victims-map-charts-htmlstory.html

Also the timing of these shootings suggests these aren't tourists either. Not sure how many tourists are out at 3am in the morning on the west side of chicago, but it sure is hell won't be me.


So then how is Chicago Crime ridden?
It isn't

It has a bad subset of neighborhoods that everyone knows to avoid. Not even cowardly Lying trump goes there.

That cowardly Liar also has a HUUGUGGGGE HOTEL There called the Trump Tower.

So Crime Ridden, and he is supporting it?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Chicago is merely the label that is applied because it happens to be the general area being discussed. When people discuss crime in St. Louis they could be talking about St. Louis County, or St. Louis City, or in often times a completely different city East St. Louis which is on the other side of the river from St. Louis. But people muddle those up and depending on which you use the statistics are drastically different. Same is true for Chicago.

If you'd like we can refer to specific townships within Chicago's metropolitan area. But doing so only makes the crime numbers look worse.

You're grasping at straws here.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:11 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Chicago is merely the label that is applied because it happens to be the general area being discussed. When people discuss crime in St. Louis they could be talking about St. Louis County, or St. Louis City, or in often times a completely different city East St. Louis which is on the other side of the river from St. Louis. But people muddle those up and depending on which you use the statistics are drastically different. Same is true for Chicago.

If you'd like we can refer to specific townships within Chicago's metropolitan area. But doing so only makes the crime numbers look worse.

You're grasping at straws here.


Not really.
Trump bitches like a pig about crime ridden cities , but he feels safe enough to build his towers there.

Also the murder rate in chicago is falling over the long term. 2016 was blip in the trend, but overall the trend is going down.

So it is a Crime Ridden city like the lying racist coward Trump says, or is it a city safe enough to have tourists and build a trump tower in with a declining crime rate?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:30 pm

casinterest wrote:
"he fact is, most murders in Chicago are concentrated in certain high-crime neighborhoods where most outsiders never venture. Most Americans would not set foot in Afghanistan, unless they were sent there by the US military, the press, or international organizations. But millions of Americans visit Chicago every year. Indeed, in 2015 Chicago set a tourism milestone, with 51 million visitors – more than any other year on record. The Windy City is setting both tourism records and murder records at the same time. Go figure."

Translation: If it's not happening in the neighborhoods where well off white people congregate, it's not really a problem.

Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that. Trump didn't either. He spoke specifically of the harm that inner city violence is doing to African-Americans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G2G-Q_disQ
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
I stated Crime rates are falling.

And for the third time now... violent crime rates have been rising since 2015 - which is what everyone knows Trump was keyed in on.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
"he fact is, most murders in Chicago are concentrated in certain high-crime neighborhoods where most outsiders never venture. Most Americans would not set foot in Afghanistan, unless they were sent there by the US military, the press, or international organizations. But millions of Americans visit Chicago every year. Indeed, in 2015 Chicago set a tourism milestone, with 51 million visitors – more than any other year on record. The Windy City is setting both tourism records and murder records at the same time. Go figure."

Translation: If it's not happening in the neighborhoods where well off white people congregate, it's not really a problem.

Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that. Trump didn't either. He spoke specifically of the harm that inner city violence is doing to African-Americans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G2G-Q_disQ


You don't subscribe to anything but misdirection.

I stated Crime rates are falling. You continue to sieze on crime ridden.
is it getting bwtter or not.

And inner cities are not just an African American issue, but maybe that is all a bunch of cowardly racists like Trump can see.

//edit and I will leave you with this.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Trevor Noah hit it on the head

"The Daily Show” host Trevor Noah nailed the answer when he brought his show to the city in October. “I get it,” he said after playing clips of right-wing commentators complaining that President Barack Obama was “failing” his hometown. “When there’s shootings, Obama is from Chicago. All the other times he’s from Kenya.” Ha, ha."
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:45 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Edit: i'm not going to discuss this further. We're way off topic. Move to the Trump general thread if you wish.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed without issue. Murkowski and Collins are on board.

Well said. I am tired of debating whether or not Chicago has a crime problem.

Let's keep it on topic.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Did Trevor Noah do his show at 2am on the west side without a security detail? I doubt it.

Edit: i'm not going to discuss this further. We're way off topic. Move to the Trump general thread if you wish.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed without issue. Murkowski and Collins are on board.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:50 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Did Trevor Noah do his show at 2am on the west side without a security detail? I doubt it.


Is the crime rate going down? Or is it so Massively out of control that Trump has called in the National Guard and Cancelled his tee times in Scotland this weekend? You know that HARD work he likes to do and promised to do? .


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claPetUPO7s

What is that from 29 seconds in ?
Last edited by casinterest on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Edit: i'm not going to discuss this further. We're way off topic. Move to the Trump general thread if you wish.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed without issue. Murkowski and Collins are on board.

Well said. I am tired of debating whether or not Chicago has a crime problem.

Let's keep it on topic.


Awww, taking your toys and moving on .

Can't continue to lie with the propoganda when someone call you to the floor.

Kavanaugh will probably be confirmed, and it will probably cement the end of the GOP rule in the house and senate from 2020 on.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:03 pm

The latest line of attack from liberals against Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, is knocking the judge for his “frat boy”-sounding first name.

NARAL wrote:
“We'll be DAMNED if we're going to let five MEN—including some frat boy named Brett—strip us of our hard-won bodily autonomy and reproductive rights,” the influential pro-choice organization NARAL tweeted Tuesday.


Probably shouldn't remind NARAL that it was seven MEN that gave them RvW?
 
Bricktop
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
seb146 wrote:

FBI? Really? Okay, Alex Jones.


Maybe you should ask Hillary about James Comey. C'mon man, read your talking points. You may not understand them but you can at least repeat them back.


The FBI was not looking into a Hillary/Russia connection. The FBI were looking doing separate investigations independent of each other. The FBI keeps digging and digging farther and farther into Russian hacking of our elections and is finding a lot of connections between team MAGA and Russia. What is the connection between Hillary and Russia? Links, please.


Reading comprehension isn't a biggie with you, eh? Or remembery? I will help you. Hillary said Comey cost her the election because of her email investigation thingy. She even wrote a book about it. Ring a bell? Or did you block it out as a just another pathetic excuse like the sane people did?

seb146 wrote:

Couldn't care less. It just speaks to how irredeemably hate-filled and intransigent you are. I don't do :banghead:, so I will stop here.


It actually speaks volumes that you feel the need to ride me over this. It shows how triggered you are. What about during the Obummer years?

Triggered? To see what that looks like get a mirror. Good luck, and please don't harm yourself.
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Bricktop wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

Maybe you should ask Hillary about James Comey. C'mon man, read your talking points. You may not understand them but you can at least repeat them back.


The FBI was not looking into a Hillary/Russia connection. The FBI were looking doing separate investigations independent of each other. The FBI keeps digging and digging farther and farther into Russian hacking of our elections and is finding a lot of connections between team MAGA and Russia. What is the connection between Hillary and Russia? Links, please.


Reading comprehension isn't a biggie with you, eh? Or remembery? I will help you. Hillary said Comey cost her the election because of her email investigation thingy. She even wrote a book about it. Ring a bell? Or did you block it out as a just another pathetic excuse like the sane people did?


He closed the investigation, said why the investigation was closed, then opened the investigation to investigate emails that had been investigated. Right wing media went nuts because they thought for sure these old emails that had been investigated had something incriminating, which they did not. Talk about no remembery. Geez....

It actually speaks volumes that you feel the need to ride me over this. It shows how triggered you are. What about during the Obummer years?
Triggered? To see what that looks like get a mirror. Good luck, and please don't harm yourself.


Meaning: when we did it, it was patriotic and just and freedom of speech. When you guys do it, it is hurtful and hateful and stop doing it because you hate freedom.

Speaks volumes on what you think is acceptable.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Bricktop
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 pm

seb146 wrote:
He closed the investigation, said why the investigation was closed, then opened the investigation to investigate emails that had been investigated. Right wing media went nuts because they thought for sure these old emails that had been investigated had something incriminating, which they did not. Talk about no remembery. Geez....

No need to be all flustered with me. Tell Hillary!

Hillary Clinton opened up on Wednesday about President Donald Trump's firing of James Comey, saying she would have won the election had it not been for the former FBI director's letter about his investigation of her private email account.


https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/hillary-clinton-without-comey-letter-i-would-have-won.html

Give that one up already.

Meaning: when we did it, it was patriotic and just and freedom of speech. When you guys do it, it is hurtful and hateful and stop doing it because you hate freedom.

Speaks volumes on what you think is acceptable.....

Oh the irony! Physician, heal thyself.
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:55 am

Bricktop wrote:
seb146 wrote:
He closed the investigation, said why the investigation was closed, then opened the investigation to investigate emails that had been investigated. Right wing media went nuts because they thought for sure these old emails that had been investigated had something incriminating, which they did not. Talk about no remembery. Geez....

No need to be all flustered with me. Tell Hillary!

Hillary Clinton opened up on Wednesday about President Donald Trump's firing of James Comey, saying she would have won the election had it not been for the former FBI director's letter about his investigation of her private email account.


https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/hillary-clinton-without-comey-letter-i-would-have-won.html

Give that one up already.


If you would have phrased it correctly and read the article correctly, you would understand that Republicans who were on the fence about tRump found themselves holding their noses and voting for him because of this re-opening of a closed investigation which, later revealed nothing. Again.

Tell me: what crime did Hillary commit that she needs to be locked up?

Bricktop wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Meaning: when we did it, it was patriotic and just and freedom of speech. When you guys do it, it is hurtful and hateful and stop doing it because you hate freedom.

Speaks volumes on what you think is acceptable.....

Oh the irony! Physician, heal thyself.


Let me rephrase this:

Your side can do it but when anyone else does THE EXACT SAME THING they are wrong and bad and need to be quiet. That sum it up? Only your side can be mean? Only your side can go low?

When you have one finger pointing out in blame, there are three other fingers pointing back....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm

This is a bombshell. The left will be all over this I'm sure.

Kavanaugh caught on camera just hours after nomination doing the unthinkable
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:46 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
This is a bombshell. The left will be all over this I'm sure.

Kavanaugh caught on camera just hours after nomination doing the unthinkable

I just looked at the original tweets that prompted this article.

The left just can't be thankful that someone is committed to serving the poor. Take a look at this response on twitter:
I'd love to give him credit, but as his nomination was secretly brokered in advance with Kennedy, it's possible he knew in advance and so we can't say for sure it's not for PR purposes.

This is why most presidents go out of their way to avoid even the *appearance* of corruption.



That tin foil hat must be a little tight.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1095
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Exactly. Evidence to the contrary be damned:

A fellow volunteer confirmed that the judge signed up for the event some time ago and chose to keep the date, developments in his professional life notwithstanding.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 pm

I know it’s tough to keep all your crazy straight, but this started with

Bricktop wrote:
And as an aside can you stop the misspelling of Trump? It's as pathetic and childish as all those dopes who could never mention Barack Obama without throwing in Hussein. It makes it very easy to dismiss your arguments as just regurgitated talking points.


And your eloquent response was

seb146 wrote:
No. No, I will not stop doing what righties did to Obama for eight years. Righties sat back and did NOTHING and did not say "maybe we should treat him with respect" when Obama was disrespected over and over and over and over every hour of every day.

You are offended when I type tRump? tough. get over it.


But then we get this…

seb146 wrote:
Let me rephrase this:

Your side can do it but when anyone else does THE EXACT SAME THING they are wrong and bad and need to be quiet. That sum it up? Only your side can be mean? Only your side can go low?

When you have one finger pointing out in blame, there are three other fingers pointing back....


I naturally was very balanced and inclusive in my comment. But the reader will notice a sharp contrast between your posts. Turns out all you do is point the finger and blame. That’s your entire schtick. But who needs to be consistent and logical when you can throw tantrums and pout?
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 pm

It was a strong pick.

He's going to do great things on the court.
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:49 am

Bricktop wrote:
I know it’s tough to keep all your crazy straight, but this started with

Bricktop wrote:
And as an aside can you stop the misspelling of Trump? It's as pathetic and childish as all those dopes who could never mention Barack Obama without throwing in Hussein. It makes it very easy to dismiss your arguments as just regurgitated talking points.


And your eloquent response was

seb146 wrote:
No. No, I will not stop doing what righties did to Obama for eight years. Righties sat back and did NOTHING and did not say "maybe we should treat him with respect" when Obama was disrespected over and over and over and over every hour of every day.

You are offended when I type tRump? tough. get over it.


But then we get this…

seb146 wrote:
Let me rephrase this:

Your side can do it but when anyone else does THE EXACT SAME THING they are wrong and bad and need to be quiet. That sum it up? Only your side can be mean? Only your side can go low?

When you have one finger pointing out in blame, there are three other fingers pointing back....


I naturally was very balanced and inclusive in my comment. But the reader will notice a sharp contrast between your posts. Turns out all you do is point the finger and blame. That’s your entire schtick. But who needs to be consistent and logical when you can throw tantrums and pout?


Stick to the topic of why Kavanaugh is such a horrible pick for the Republic.

If you must continue down this rabbit hole, fine. Some of the most respected right wingers refused to stop the name calling of the former president because it was their right or he was an illegitimate president or some such BS. If you don't like it, why do you keep responding to way off topic points?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:52 am

VTKillarney wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
This is a bombshell. The left will be all over this I'm sure.

Kavanaugh caught on camera just hours after nomination doing the unthinkable

I just looked at the original tweets that prompted this article.

The left just can't be thankful that someone is committed to serving the poor. Take a look at this response on twitter:
I'd love to give him credit, but as his nomination was secretly brokered in advance with Kennedy, it's possible he knew in advance and so we can't say for sure it's not for PR purposes.

This is why most presidents go out of their way to avoid even the *appearance* of corruption.



That tin foil hat must be a little tight.


By this line of thought, Jimmy Carter is the greatest president ever.

Just because one person makes one appointment for one soup kitchen does not mean he is a good or moral person. Maybe he did it because it is a charity he honestly believes in. Maybe he did it for a campaign contribution. Maybe he did it because his wife made him. Or his staffers. Does not make him a good person.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:35 am

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
This is a bombshell. The left will be all over this I'm sure.

Kavanaugh caught on camera just hours after nomination doing the unthinkable

I just looked at the original tweets that prompted this article.

The left just can't be thankful that someone is committed to serving the poor. Take a look at this response on twitter:
I'd love to give him credit, but as his nomination was secretly brokered in advance with Kennedy, it's possible he knew in advance and so we can't say for sure it's not for PR purposes.

This is why most presidents go out of their way to avoid even the *appearance* of corruption.



That tin foil hat must be a little tight.


By this line of thought, Jimmy Carter is the greatest president ever.

Just because one person makes one appointment for one soup kitchen does not mean he is a good or moral person. Maybe he did it because it is a charity he honestly believes in. Maybe he did it for a campaign contribution. Maybe he did it because his wife made him. Or his staffers. Does not make him a good person.

Such machinations to be negative. What partisan hackery.
 
seb146
Posts: 17859
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:42 am

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I just looked at the original tweets that prompted this article.

The left just can't be thankful that someone is committed to serving the poor. Take a look at this response on twitter:
I'd love to give him credit, but as his nomination was secretly brokered in advance with Kennedy, it's possible he knew in advance and so we can't say for sure it's not for PR purposes.

This is why most presidents go out of their way to avoid even the *appearance* of corruption.



That tin foil hat must be a little tight.


By this line of thought, Jimmy Carter is the greatest president ever.

Just because one person makes one appointment for one soup kitchen does not mean he is a good or moral person. Maybe he did it because it is a charity he honestly believes in. Maybe he did it for a campaign contribution. Maybe he did it because his wife made him. Or his staffers. Does not make him a good person.

Such machinations to be negative. What partisan hackery.


Oh, I forgot: the right and Russians hate dissent and different opinions. My bad.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Bricktop
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Brett Kavanaugh is Trump's pick for SCOTUS

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 am

seb146 wrote:
Oh, I forgot: the right and Russians hate dissent and different opinions. My bad.

So do you. When you have one finger pointing out in blame, there are three other fingers pointing back....
I'll stop wasting my time now.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2122M, DNDTUF, JJJ and 13 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos