User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 am

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 am

Here are the details here of what happened for those that can actually identify political grandstanding by the GOP to undermine American institutions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Strzok


It was especially telling that the dishonorable representative from Texas was attacking a man for the very thing that the President has done Multiple times.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... er-strzok/
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
Airstud
Posts: 4056
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 am

casinterest wrote:
It was especially telling that the dishonorable representative from Texas was attacking a man for the very thing that the President has done Multiple times.


Gross.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
jordanh
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a couple of highlights from the "R" side:


It is a sad day when an entire party of dogmatic politicians try to undermine the credibility of your nation's most respected law enforcement branch, because they are afraid of what that institution knows and may expose about their president.

They have sold their souls... for what?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 8738
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:55 am

jordanh wrote:
They have sold their souls... for what?


same reason Trump does: blackmail by the FSB.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:50 am

Who is this Gohmert? OMG is this a legislator elected? That behavior is ridiculous even Republicans should recognize that, don't they? This is a prototype koekwous.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6562
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 am

Seems Trey Gowdy and Co were expecting a big haul and got jack squat. Did we learn anything new and relevant? If anything, Agent Strzok showed he has more integrity than Comey did: with knowledge that could sink a candidate, he did his part and withheld it, even though he wasn't fond of Trump.

But sure...the FBI is in a conspiracy to overthrow Trump.

Dutchy wrote:
Who is this Gohmert? OMG is this a legislator elected?

He's a rep for Texas...and you know what they say: Everything is bigger in Texas (including loudmouths, idiots, and embarrassments).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:07 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Seems Trey Gowdy and Co were expecting a big haul and got jack squat. Did we learn anything new and relevant? If anything, Agent Strzok showed he has more integrity than Comey did: with knowledge that could sink a candidate, he did his part and withheld it, even though he wasn't fond of Trump.

But sure...the FBI is in a conspiracy to overthrow Trump.

Dutchy wrote:
Who is this Gohmert? OMG is this a legislator elected?

He's a rep for Texas...and you know what they say: Everything is bigger in Texas (including loudmouths, idiots, and embarrassments).


I would be quite embarrassed if he had a seat in my parliament, the same as I am embarrassed by mr Wilders even though I haven't voted for him and mr. Wilders is a friendly, well-behaved person compared to this clown.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
dmg626
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm

jordanh wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a couple of highlights from the "R" side:


It is a sad day when an entire party of dogmatic politicians try to undermine the credibility of your nation's most respected law enforcement branch, because they are afraid of what that institution knows and may expose about their president.

They have sold their souls... for what?



Strzok is a piece of shit that needs to be flushed from the FBI, his incompetence shows he’s not worthy of being an agent of this institution
 
jordanh
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:31 pm

dmg626 wrote:
jordanh wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a couple of highlights from the "R" side:

It is a sad day when an entire party of dogmatic politicians try to undermine the credibility of your nation's most respected law enforcement branch, because they are afraid of what that institution knows and may expose about their president.
They have sold their souls... for what?

Strzok is a piece of shit that needs to be flushed from the FBI, his incompetence shows he’s not worthy of being an agent of this institution

Your unsubstantiated diatribe didn't answer my question, but it speaks volumes about the mentality of those who support the Gohmerts and other demagogues that infiltrate your government.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:47 pm

dmg626 wrote:
jordanh wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a couple of highlights from the "R" side:


It is a sad day when an entire party of dogmatic politicians try to undermine the credibility of your nation's most respected law enforcement branch, because they are afraid of what that institution knows and may expose about their president.

They have sold their souls... for what?



Strzok is a piece of shit that needs to be flushed from the FBI, his incompetence shows he’s not worthy of being an agent of this institution


Best I can tell, he was brought before congress for having a personal opinion on politics and talking about that with someone. What a crime.

Also, I watched most of that hearing, and Strozk pretty much owned that room. Most of the republicans embarrassed themselves, and a lot of the democrats had some pretty silly things to say too. Peter Strozk was the only adult in the room and exposed that circus for exactly what is was.
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 pm

dmg626 wrote:
jordanh wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a couple of highlights from the "R" side:


It is a sad day when an entire party of dogmatic politicians try to undermine the credibility of your nation's most respected law enforcement branch, because they are afraid of what that institution knows and may expose about their president.

They have sold their souls... for what?



Strzok is a piece of shit that needs to be flushed from the FBI, his incompetence shows he’s not worthy of being an agent of this institution



How is Strzok incompetent? Why is he a piece of shit?

As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI. The Republicans on the investigative panel, on the other hand, looked like the kind of people who have sex with their siblings.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:12 pm

dmg626 wrote:
jordanh wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a couple of highlights from the "R" side:


It is a sad day when an entire party of dogmatic politicians try to undermine the credibility of your nation's most respected law enforcement branch, because they are afraid of what that institution knows and may expose about their president.

They have sold their souls... for what?



Strzok is a piece of shit that needs to be flushed from the FBI, his incompetence shows he’s not worthy of being an agent of this institution



How about you take a break from the GOP talking points and watch this take down of everything that this panel was about. And remember this post when absolutely nothing else ever comes of this dogmatic parade in the future. Jamie Raskin does a great tear down of the 2-3 texts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYRVrlmcJqs

It gets really good at the 2:45 mark, but the whole thing is worth watching.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm

mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:58 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra


The Daily Wire has been evaluated as a far right propaganda outlet. I will not give the site any of my page clicks. But looking at the URL, it appears the article pivots to HRC.

"But, but...her emails!"

How lame.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:59 pm

mbmbos wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra


The Daily Wire has been evaluated as a far right propaganda outlet. I will not give the site any of my page clicks.

Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:59 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra


Did you watch the whole, unedited exchange. Strzork went on to correctly explain that e-mail forensics was not his area of responsibility and that this issue was dealt with by the correct department.

Also, you are citing the Daily Wire and the headline even states:

BOMBSHELL: Hillary's Emails Went To Unauthorized Foreign Entity, Strozk Ignored, Congressman Claims.

You're headline is basically the opinion of 1 GOP rep that was thoroughly debunked. And it's from a source that has been caught a number of time misleading or even flat out lying.

You really are out of idea these days VTK. What happened to VTK1?
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:


The Daily Wire has been evaluated as a far right propaganda outlet. I will not give the site any of my page clicks.

Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


And yet here you are parroting a right-wing "echo chamber" site.

Give it up. No-one is buying the fact that you're a moderate, so you can stop trying to sell it.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


A "moderate"? In which political party? Maybe a moderate in the context of the American Nazi Party...

:roll:
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

The Daily Wire has been evaluated as a far right propaganda outlet. I will not give the site any of my page clicks.

Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


And yet here you are parroting a right-wing "echo chamber" site.

Give it up. No-one is buying the fact that you're a moderate, so you can stop trying to sell it.

You don't seem to understand how echo chambers work. I get my information from a variety of websites - right and left.

Quite simply, you don't.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:24 pm

alfa164 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


A "moderate"? In which political party? Maybe a moderate in the context of the American Nazi Party...


Such hubris to believe that you know me better than... well... me.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:36 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


And yet here you are parroting a right-wing "echo chamber" site.

Give it up. No-one is buying the fact that you're a moderate, so you can stop trying to sell it.

You don't seem to understand how echo chambers work. I get my information from a variety of websites - right and left.

Quite simply, you don't.


Did you really just attack alfa for claiming to know you better than, well, you? And at the very same time you post here and presume to know where I get my news?

Also, If you truly are Mr. Moderate, show me a link you've posted to a left leaning site that you didn't post with the sole intention of mocking it.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


And yet here you are parroting a right-wing "echo chamber" site.

Give it up. No-one is buying the fact that you're a moderate, so you can stop trying to sell it.

You don't seem to understand how echo chambers work. I get my information from a variety of websites - right and left.

Quite simply, you don't.


Then comment on this video.
It comes from the hearing live feed via CNN via Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYRVrlmcJqs
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
wingman
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:51 pm

The thing that escapes me here and no one on "The Right" seems capable of addressing is that if their claim is true that the FBI is nothing but a left-wing political organization that is hell bent on destroying the Republican president why the fuck exactly did they never publicize their investigation into Russian meddling into the election (which the GOP leadership now admits was designed and executed to assist Donald Trump) DURING the election? They in fact did the exact opposite and only publicized investigations into HRC's emails in the waning days which at minimum did damage to her own results. I simply don't understand how any person with a functional brain stem cannot see through this epic display of grandstanding bullshit when the facts are strobing red flashing light for all to see. A giant portion of this nation has gone off the rails of objective reality and I think history will look back on this entire Trump period as one of the worst and most dangerous periods of internal strife we have ever faced short of the Civil War. And it will be blamed squarely on the GOP and their propaganda machine that masquerades as a Fair and Balanced News network. 45M people, their GOP reps and a President absolutely blind to what happened and giddy with the destruction being orchestrated by an utterly unhinged maniac in the White House. To put a single man above long-standing institutions, that really is some scary cult-like idolatry that seems so much closer to today's Russia or NK that it ever should the United States. We are in a very dark place right now.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8207
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


And yet here you are parroting a right-wing "echo chamber" site.

Give it up. No-one is buying the fact that you're a moderate, so you can stop trying to sell it.

You don't seem to understand how echo chambers work. I get my information from a variety of websites - right and left.

Quite simply, you don't.

Actually I get the strong impression that you don't, quite simply. A moderate may look at both sides of things and generally supports more middle road solutions and, I have found, tries to provide information and link that do not bias things. Veering from extreme source to extreme source and using those to support and argument or position does not support a moderate position well (in my opinion). Sure go ahead and read and review "right" or "left" articles and websites (have you used "left" sites to champion a point you support?) but to be effective in making a point use those to find more balanced sources, sites, or information. If moderation is what you seek.

To me this is moderate:

Perino slammed Democrats for an "outrageous" suggestion Strzok deserved a Purple Heart and scolded Republicans for "overboard" questions that "felt like a public lynching" during Strzok's testimony to the House Judiciary and House Oversight and Government Reform committees.
[...]
Fox News host Dana Perino on Thursday night called for congressional hearings to be taken off-camera following a wild hearing with FBI agent Peter Strzok earlier in the day.

Perino slammed Democrats for an "outrageous" suggestion Strzok deserved a Purple Heart and scolded Republicans for "overboard" questions that "felt like a public lynching" during Strzok's testimony to the House Judiciary and House Oversight and Government Reform committees.

The comments from the former White House press secretary under President George W. Bush came after Strzok's testimony dominated headlines and broadcast news on Thursday. Strzok, who was testifying on Capitol Hill under subpoena, is accused of anti-Trump bias by President Trump and Republican allies. Anti-Trump text messages he sent during an investigation in 2016 were revealed in a highly anticipated report from the Justice Department's internal watchdog last month.

Strzok faced several heated exchanges during the day's questioning from the GOP while being lauded by members of the Democratic side for his defense of the FBI.

“I did think it was quite odd that you had the one congressman on the Democratic side said he wanted to give Peter Strzok a Purple Heart, which is outrageous. That’s disgusting, actually, to suggest, given what the Purple Heart is actually for," Perino said on "The Five."
[...]
Perino, who also hosts "The Daily Briefing" at 2 p.m. ET on the network, took Republicans and specifically Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) to task for asking Strzok about his martial infidelity in his affair with Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer. The text messages were sent between the two while working at the agency.

“Several Republicans, including Louie Gohmert, I will say, went way overboard. It felt like a public lynching. And I thought it was terrible. You know what they should do with these hearings? And I know we’re in television, so maybe we don’t want to say this, they should not be on camera. They should be on the record.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39683 ... e-a-public

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm

The best way to look at this is through the following lens; In each of Strozk's text messages replace the word Trump with HRC.

Would you be upset if you saw someone who was the lead investigator sending messages like that about XXXX candidate?

Better yet, they should have redacted every single message and just left it blank. As far as I'm concerned, you should not be sending any sort of personal text messages of that sort over a government issued phone. At best it is careless, at worst it indicates something nefarious. My guess is it is somewhere in the middle.

Its embarrassing that a top FBI investigator thought his text messages on a government issued phone were to have the same level of privacy as if it were his own personal cell phone. It doesn't work that way - and he should know that. He's probably overseen investigations where they've combed through people's government issued devices.
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Interesting. As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.


And yet here you are parroting a right-wing "echo chamber" site.

Give it up. No-one is buying the fact that you're a moderate, so you can stop trying to sell it.

You don't seem to understand how echo chambers work. I get my information from a variety of websites - right and left.

Quite simply, you don't.


You are the one who submitted the citation. Do you get how that works?

DOH!
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
The best way to look at this is through the following lens; In each of Strozk's text messages replace the word Trump with HRC.

Would you be upset if you saw someone who was the lead investigator sending messages like that about XXXX candidate?

Better yet, they should have redacted every single message and just left it blank. As far as I'm concerned, you should not be sending any sort of personal text messages of that sort over a government issued phone. At best it is careless, at worst it indicates something nefarious. My guess is it is somewhere in the middle.

Its embarrassing that a top FBI investigator thought his text messages on a government issued phone were to have the same level of privacy as if it were his own personal cell phone. It doesn't work that way - and he should know that. He's probably overseen investigations where they've combed through people's government issued devices.


Using the govt phone was not a smart move and he admitted as much. However, I don't see anything nefarious about having a personal political point a view and having a conversation with someone about that. I'm guessing most if not all FBI employees like certain politicians and dislike certain politicians base don their own political slants. Its a little absurd to think otherwise.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra


Clinton - Comey E-Mail Scandal Re-Mix :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIARMMtUdZQ
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra


Clinton - Comey E-Mail Scandal Re-Mix :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIARMMtUdZQ


Keep pushing this Strzok story. Its a dead end, but you're in very good Russian company by focusing on it. This is the story most favored by known Russian linked accounts at the moment:

https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/
 
wingman
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:24 pm

2122M wrote:
Using the govt phone was not a smart move and he admitted as much. However, I don't see anything nefarious about having a personal political point a view and having a conversation with someone about that. I'm guessing most if not all FBI employees like certain politicians and dislike certain politicians base don their own political slants. Its a little absurd to think otherwise.


Very true, and it goes directly to the fact we all know, though millions choose to ignore. The man, and I'm sure thousands of others in the FBI and any other federal institution, expressed personal opinions on a trackable government device. But he is also 100% correct that his political views never resulted in any direct action during the election to disrupt the candidacy of Donald Trump. If anything IT WAS THE DIRECT OPPOSITE..the very man the GOP, Trump and Fox News have selected as their ultimate bogeyman (over the likes of Vladimir Putin for f's sake), James Comey, actually went public with an investigation into HRC!!! Jesus effing Christ. This moron Trey Gowdy should be on his knees worshipping the FBI and its leadership for practically carrying Donald Trump on their shoulders alongside Putin into the the White House.

My only guess is they're pissed that the FBI is still doing its job, the core job it was designed for, by investigating foreign crimes on domestic soil. Right now the GOP is a crime. It is repugnant and disgusting to watch our political leaders place a single individual above our cherished institutions and then to use "evidence" that is 100% in contradiction to their very claims of partisanship and political interference. The FBI didn't help HRC, they hurt her. What else is there to know here? The stupidity of the masses that drink this shit up is mind-boggling. Look at the one poster below asking how people would feel if it was HRC's name sin the texts. YES! We'd feel rightly pissed and our feelings would be LEGITIMATE and worthy of a full congressional investigation because they would be DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO ACTUAL AND VERIFIED ACTIONS THAT HURT HER PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. The investigation into Trump and Russia never once got into the public domain. I shouldn't get so worked up but when voters so willingly fall for the bullshit theatrics and all the time the facts are right there in front of their faces it makes me wonder just how stupid our electorate has become. It makes Putin's job way too easy, the man barely has to try anymore.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
As a moderate I know the importance of not remaining in an echo chamber.

A "moderate"? In which political party? Maybe a moderate in the context of the American Nazi Party...

Such hubris to believe that you know me better than... well... me.


No hubris at all; your comments here make your position perfectly clear to anyone who sees them.

It looks like you joined five months ago just to be a provocateur... with nothing substantive to add to the conversation. And you have succeeded well.

wingman wrote:
2122M wrote:
Using the govt phone was not a smart move and he admitted as much. However, I don't see anything nefarious about having a personal political point a view and having a conversation with someone about that. I'm guessing most if not all FBI employees like certain politicians and dislike certain politicians base don their own political slants. Its a little absurd to think otherwise.


Very true, and it goes directly to the fact we all know, though millions choose to ignore. The man, and I'm sure thousands of others in the FBI and any other federal institution, expressed personal opinions on a trackable government device. But he is also 100% correct that his political views never resulted in any direct action during the election to disrupt the candidacy of Donald Trump. If anything IT WAS THE DIRECT OPPOSITE..the very man the GOP, Trump and Fox News have selected as their ultimate bogeyman (over the likes of Vladimir Putin for f's sake), James Comey, actually went public with an investigation into HRC!!! Jesus effing Christ. This moron Trey Gowdy should be on his knees worshipping the FBI and its leadership for practically carrying Donald Trump on their shoulders alongside Putin into the the White House.

My only guess is they're pissed that the FBI is still doing its job, the core job it was designed for, by investigating foreign crimes on domestic soil. Right now the GOP is a crime. It is repugnant and disgusting to watch our political leaders place a single individual above our cherished institutions and then to use "evidence" that is 100% in contradiction to their very claims of partisanship and political interference. The FBI didn't help HRC, they hurt her. What else is there to know here? The stupidity of the masses that drink this shit up is mind-boggling. Look at the one poster below asking how people would feel if it was HRC's name sin the texts. YES! We'd feel rightly pissed and our feelings would be LEGITIMATE and worthy of a full congressional investigation because they would be DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO ACTUAL AND VERIFIED ACTIONS THAT HURT HER PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. The investigation into Trump and Russia never once got into the public domain. I shouldn't get so worked up but when voters so willingly fall for the bullshit theatrics and all the time the facts are right there in front of their faces it makes me wonder just how stupid our electorate has become. It makes Putin's job way too easy, the man barely has to try anymore.


:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: Well thought-out and well said.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8026
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Interesting. As a moderate

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Image
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

So you're going to sit there and tell me that if you saw a personal text message from comey to his wife that said the following in quotes, that you wouldn't be outraged?

“[Hillary's] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” [Comey's wife] texted [Comey].

“No. No [s]he won’t. We’ll stop it,” [Comey] responded.


I would be outraged, and I can't stand HRC.

Also, this exchange from yesterday caught my eye. First Strzok says he doesn't recall the text message. Then all of a sudden he remembers he sent it late at night, and it was off the cuff.

I don't recall writing that text,” Strzok said during Thursday’s open hearing with the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees. “What I can tell you is that text in no way suggested that I or the FBI would take any action to influence the candidacy.”


"That is a fantastic answer to a question nobody asked," Gowdy said.

Still, Strzok tried to provide context to the text.

“As I've stated, that text was written late at night, in shorthand,” he said.

Gowdy shot back: “I don't care when it was written. I don’t care whether it was long hand, cursive. I don't care about any of that. I want to know what it meant, Agent Strzok.”

“You need to understand that that was written late at night, off-the-cuff and it was in response to a series of events that included then-candidate Trump insulting the immigrant family of a fallen war hero, and my presumption based on that horrible disgusting behavior [was] that the American population would not elect someone demonstrating that behavior to be president of the United States,” Strzok said.


Quite a bit of information about a text you don't recall writing.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
So you're going to sit there and tell me that if you saw a personal text message from comey to his wife that said the following in quotes, that you wouldn't be outraged?

“[Hillary's] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” [Comey's wife] texted [Comey].

“No. No [s]he won’t. We’ll stop it,” [Comey] responded.


I would be outraged, and I can't stand HRC.

Also, this exchange from yesterday caught my eye. First Strzok says he doesn't recall the text message. Then all of a sudden he remembers he sent it late at night, and it was off the cuff.

I don't recall writing that text,” Strzok said during Thursday’s open hearing with the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees. “What I can tell you is that text in no way suggested that I or the FBI would take any action to influence the candidacy.”


"That is a fantastic answer to a question nobody asked," Gowdy said.

Still, Strzok tried to provide context to the text.

“As I've stated, that text was written late at night, in shorthand,” he said.

Gowdy shot back: “I don't care when it was written. I don’t care whether it was long hand, cursive. I don't care about any of that. I want to know what it meant, Agent Strzok.”

“You need to understand that that was written late at night, off-the-cuff and it was in response to a series of events that included then-candidate Trump insulting the immigrant family of a fallen war hero, and my presumption based on that horrible disgusting behavior [was] that the American population would not elect someone demonstrating that behavior to be president of the United States,” Strzok said.


Quite a bit of information about a text you don't recall writing.



Let's have all your texts exposed
How many would you have remembered sending?


How many of his texts attacked democrats? Do you know he said disparaging things about Hillary, Bernie , and a whole host of others.

The fact that a bunch of Lying Republican Cowards have keyed in on something that was exposed ONLY AFTER The election, by some FBI official , that actually released something that helped the GOP in the closing days is rather telling?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
So you're going to sit there and tell me that if you saw a personal text message from comey to his wife that said the following in quotes, that you wouldn't be outraged?

“[Hillary's] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” [Comey's wife] texted [Comey].

“No. No [s]he won’t. We’ll stop it,” [Comey] responded.


I would be outraged, and I can't stand HRC.

Also, this exchange from yesterday caught my eye. First Strzok says he doesn't recall the text message. Then all of a sudden he remembers he sent it late at night, and it was off the cuff.

I don't recall writing that text,” Strzok said during Thursday’s open hearing with the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees. “What I can tell you is that text in no way suggested that I or the FBI would take any action to influence the candidacy.”


"That is a fantastic answer to a question nobody asked," Gowdy said.

Still, Strzok tried to provide context to the text.

“As I've stated, that text was written late at night, in shorthand,” he said.

Gowdy shot back: “I don't care when it was written. I don’t care whether it was long hand, cursive. I don't care about any of that. I want to know what it meant, Agent Strzok.”

“You need to understand that that was written late at night, off-the-cuff and it was in response to a series of events that included then-candidate Trump insulting the immigrant family of a fallen war hero, and my presumption based on that horrible disgusting behavior [was] that the American population would not elect someone demonstrating that behavior to be president of the United States,” Strzok said.


Quite a bit of information about a text you don't recall writing.


You remember every text you ever sent? I sure don't. But when I'm presented with a copy of a text I wrote more than a year ago, I would probably remember the context in which it was written. There is only evidence of wrongdoing there if you want there to be evidence of wrongdoing.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:45 pm

You're missing my point. His initial response is clearly a deflection. He knew exactly what text gowdy was referring to. It wasn't until further pressing that he suddenly remembers all the details about said text.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13495
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:46 pm

What really annoys me is how the Republicans spent hours of committee hearing time just to bash the Democrats via Strozk for a minor dumb series of texts. Instead they should be having hearings grilling the heads of ICE, DHS, others in Trump's mal-administration over the far more important FUBAR of how children and their parents who entered the USA illegally or to seek asylum for their safety are being separated without proper record keeping, not even 2 year olds having lawyers for Immigration court hearings, and other related acts of incompetency, human rights and Constitutional violations. Of course the R's don't want to go there.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:49 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
You're missing my point. His initial response is clearly a deflection. He knew exactly what text gowdy was referring to. It wasn't until further pressing that he suddenly remembers all the details about said text.


I disagree with that. That text has been kicking around the media for weeks now. He was not claiming to have forgotten all about the text. He said he "didn't recall sending it", as in he didn't remember the specifics of sitting down and composing that text. Obviously he sent it.

Its like this: Last year, I called my mom on her birthday. I don't recall calling her on her birthday, but I know I did it, because I do it every year. I don't remember what I said, or where I was or what she said back because it was a very simple call with no real importance beyond a simple 'happy birthday'.

You probably called a family member of yours last year on their birthday too. Do you remember all the details of that call? I'm sure if the FBI sent you a transcript it might ring a bell, but that wouldn't make you a liar for not remembering that call, would it?
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 pm

If he didn't recall sending it then how did he suddenly recall the context in which he sent it?
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
If he didn't recall sending it then how did he suddenly recall the context in which he sent it?


The context of my call with my mom last year was that it was her birthday. Still don't remember that call.

I remember being angry about a lot of what Trump has done over the last couple years and I have texted friends about that too. Do I recall every text I sent? No. But I bet if it was read back to me with a time and date stamp on it I would remember.

Its not that crazy a concept. I really think you are just looking for impropriety when there is none there.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 pm

That's a fair assessment, I'll cede the point. I just really don't like the idea of anyone in government saying things like "we'll stop him"

While I'm pretty sure he meant we'll stop him at the polls or something like that (or maybe someone can go pull the testimony for his exact words on what he meant) but he should have known better that those texts could come out at some point and it would look really bad. It was careless. It's the same reason I hate it when Trump tweets stupid stuff. It's careless. It's the reason Mueller pulled him off his team - he didn't want anything to potentially taint his investigation. Undoubtedly they will have to spend a fair amount of time addressing it in the final report they release - adding further cost.

Everyone is entitled to their own political beliefs but I hope this will serve as a reminder to those who work in the government - especially those with the power to impact people's lives - to keep those beliefs at home and in check.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:08 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
That's a fair assessment, I'll cede the point. I just really don't like the idea of anyone in government saying things like "we'll stop him".


I wish every thinking person - in or out of government - had said things like "we'll stop him". It was the dismissal of his potential to win that got us into the disaster we are seeing in Washington now.
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:24 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
jordanh wrote:
They have sold their souls... for what?


same reason Trump does: blackmail by the FSB.

best regards
Thomas


People keep saying this but there's never been any evidence or fact that this is occurring presented at all.

Its easy to say that to explain things but there's no basis in truth what so ever.
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 pm

mbmbos wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
As far as I can tell, Strzok is a high functioning and highly ethical employee of the FBI.

Right....
https://www.dailywire.com/news/33023/bo ... n-saavedra


The Daily Wire has been evaluated as a far right propaganda outlet. I will not give the site any of my page clicks. But looking at the URL, it appears the article pivots to HRC.

"But, but...her emails!"

How lame.


To be fair he did lose his security clearance and has demonstrated he's not acting in an ethical manner. His adultery alone is grounds for him to be fired as an agent as it violates their code of conduct. It doesn't say anything about him being biased towards Clinton but you cannot trust an agent when they've compromised themselves in the way he has.
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
The best way to look at this is through the following lens; In each of Strozk's text messages replace the word Trump with HRC.

Would you be upset if you saw someone who was the lead investigator sending messages like that about XXXX candidate?

Better yet, they should have redacted every single message and just left it blank. As far as I'm concerned, you should not be sending any sort of personal text messages of that sort over a government issued phone. At best it is careless, at worst it indicates something nefarious. My guess is it is somewhere in the middle.

Its embarrassing that a top FBI investigator thought his text messages on a government issued phone were to have the same level of privacy as if it were his own personal cell phone. It doesn't work that way - and he should know that. He's probably overseen investigations where they've combed through people's government issued devices.


Exactly. I do believe he's been a good agent through his career but his decision to use his phone in that manner and the other issues of compromising his position with regards to having an affair (and all that opens him up for) is behavior unbecoming of an FBI agent at the highest levels.

I don't care about his apparent hatred for Trump. Who can blame the guy? But using government cell phones while having an affair with another agent shows lack of trust.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Berevoff wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:


The Daily Wire has been evaluated as a far right propaganda outlet. I will not give the site any of my page clicks. But looking at the URL, it appears the article pivots to HRC.

"But, but...her emails!"

How lame.


To be fair he did lose his security clearance and has demonstrated he's not acting in an ethical manner. His adultery alone is grounds for him to be fired as an agent as it violates their code of conduct. It doesn't say anything about him being biased towards Clinton but you cannot trust an agent when they've compromised themselves in the way he has.


I really do hope you believe that Trump's affairs are proof of him being highly unethical and worthy of being fired too? After all, he is privy to all the top level information and can act on it in ways much more destructive than Peter Stzrok.

Anyway, I'm sure he's not the only FBI agent to ever have an affair. Focusing on details like his personal political feelings or his relationships just distract from the fact that he did his job, and he did it well. There is no indication that his distaste for Trump or his personal life had any impact on the investigation. And people that want it to have had an effect have scoured the earth for proof of that and found nothing.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

If you think that Trump is less than ideal in a position of power because of his alleged affair(s), then if you are going to be honest you must also believe that Strzok compromised himself by having an affair and using a government cell phone to perpetuate it.

I do believe that those in power should be held to a higher standard. But Trump was elected - so it is merely an academic question. And Trump most certainly didn't do anything with a cigar in the oval office.

Strozk, on the other hand, should have his work duties adjusted.
 
2122M
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
If you think that Trump is less than ideal in a position of power because of his alleged affair(s), then if you are going to be honest you must also believe that Strzok compromised himself by having an affair and using a government cell phone to perpetuate it.


Except I didn't say that, did I...

Get some sleep. You've been posting non-stop for 5 days and you're off your game. Maybe let VTK1 come back and fill in for you for a bit.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Peter Strzok Hearing before Congress

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
If you think that Trump is less than ideal in a position of power because of his alleged affair(s), then if you are going to be honest you must also believe that Strzok compromised himself by having an affair and using a government cell phone to perpetuate it.


Except I didn't say that, did I...

Get some sleep. You've been posting non-stop for 5 days and you're off your game. Maybe let VTK1 come back and fill in for you for a bit.

My post was intended for the readership at large - which is why nobody was quoted. Also, let's both make a commitment not to engage in the personal back and forth. Let's keep it to the issues.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casinterest, cledaybuck, fr8mech, jetero and 16 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos