alfa164
Topic Author
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:32 pm

For decades, the Republican party has been the party promoting strength through cooperation with our allies; resistance to the influence of our enemies overseas; and the refusal to accept the invasion and domination of free nations by their enemies. For the past 18 months, the party seems to have forgotten those principles; it has accepted the erratic and often counterproductive moves and statements our Commander-in-Chief with barely a dissent or whimper.

Today may have changed that. After Trump's jaw-dropping statements, and public hero worship of Vladimir Putin, the GOP seems to have been awakened. To a person; leadership has condemned the president's statements, and seem appalled at how far our principles have been debased.

Has the GOP finally grown a backbone? Or will we wake up tomorrow with our elected representatives hiding behind their desks again, acting as if the Republic was in sure hands?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-pu ... ond-2018-7
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9695
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Has the GOP finally grown a backbone? Or will we wake up tomorrow with our elected representatives hiding behind their desks again, acting as if the Republic was in sure hands?

No I don't think they have yet. It is 100% dependent on the representatives constituents and if they continue to prefer pro-wrestling in the form of presidential politics....
Many constituents are no longer actually Republican's, they are more MAGA's which is another version of a RINO (other end of the spectrum).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 pm

No. /thread

Seriously though, I don't see any GOP "leaders" (haha) suggesting greater oversight of the executive branch. Talk is cheap.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1691
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:54 pm

How quickly they forget Obama’s cozying up to Putin.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Perhaps you should watch this video of President Obama's discussion of election rigging. In October of 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc

"Every expert regardless of ideology will tell you that circumstances of voter fraud cannot be found."

"There is no serious person out there suggesting that you could rig Americas election"

Perhaps you all should take President Obama's advice and stop whining.

Mike Drop
Last edited by MikeDrop on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9695
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Perhaps you should watch this video of President Obama discussion of election rigging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc

"Every expert regardless of ideology will tell you that circumstances of voter fraud cannot be found."

"There is no serious person out there suggesting that you could rig Americas election"

Perhaps you all should take President Obama's advice and stop whining.

Mike Drop

You really don't understand what you are talking about. At all.

There is a huge difference between "voter fraud"/"vote rigging" and "election interference"/"misinformation campaigns". Learn the difference and you will be better able to discuss things.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
desertjets
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 3:12 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:02 pm

They are going to do nothing about it, They'll tweet more horror at whatever comes out of the POTUS's mouth from the rest of his time in Helsinki. They'll act all sanctimonious on the Sunday morning talk show circuit. But they'll do nothing. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'll put 5 rubles on nothing happening.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
 
jpetekyxmd80
Posts: 4309
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:16 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 pm

If you want to know what you are talking about, why don't you read the 29 page indictment of the Russians?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009
 
cpd
Posts: 6136
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 pm

They might act horrified, but in reality it is just nothing more than an act to appeal to general public or media mood of the day. I'll be surprised if any of them maintain the rage.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Tugger wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Perhaps you should watch this video of President Obama discussion of election rigging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc

"Every expert regardless of ideology will tell you that circumstances of voter fraud cannot be found."

"There is no serious person out there suggesting that you could rig Americas election"

Perhaps you all should take President Obama's advice and stop whining.

Mike Drop

You really don't understand what you are talking about. At all.

There is a huge difference between "voter fraud"/"vote rigging" and "election interference"/"misinformation campaigns". Learn the difference and you will be better able to discuss things.

Tugg


Right. Keep telling yourself that. The fact of the matter is that President Obama was correct. It is really unfortunate for this country that Hillary and her supporters did not listen to him. They/you have instead been on an 18 month tantrum that is damaging the country. Starting with death threats for the electors, and included a deranged democrat shooting up a Republican congressional baseball practice. And recently fed by the democrat leader Maxine Waters calling for violence on Trump supporters.

Its going to be a LONG time before any Republicans listen to anything any of you have to say.

Mike Drop
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9695
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:08 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Perhaps you should watch this video of President Obama discussion of election rigging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc

"Every expert regardless of ideology will tell you that circumstances of voter fraud cannot be found."

"There is no serious person out there suggesting that you could rig Americas election"

Perhaps you all should take President Obama's advice and stop whining.

Mike Drop

You really don't understand what you are talking about. At all.

There is a huge difference between "voter fraud"/"vote rigging" and "election interference"/"misinformation campaigns". Learn the difference and you will be better able to discuss things.

Tugg


Right. Keep telling yourself that. The fact of the matter is that President Obama was correct. It is really unfortunate for this country that Hillary and her supporters did not listen to him. They/you have instead been on an 18 month tantrum that is damaging the country. Starting with death threats for the electors, and included a deranged democrat shooting up a Republican congressional baseball practice. And recently fed by the democrat leader Maxine Waters calling for violence on Trump supporters.

Its going to be a LONG time before any Republicans listen to anything any of you have to say.

Mike Drop

As you show, you do not understand the difference. I think you just choose to ignore it to match things as you wish. Can't stop from doing that.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
If you want to know what you are talking about, why don't you read the 29 page indictment of the Russians?

You mean the one that:
1) Doesn't include any reference to Americans or collusion?
2) Will never be taken to trial, which means that it is meaningless?


That one?

What about it? Does it contain anything that proves any illegal or treasonous activities by President Trump or his campaign?

Mike Drop
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:
You really don't understand what you are talking about. At all.

There is a huge difference between "voter fraud"/"vote rigging" and "election interference"/"misinformation campaigns". Learn the difference and you will be better able to discuss things.

Tugg


Right. Keep telling yourself that. The fact of the matter is that President Obama was correct. It is really unfortunate for this country that Hillary and her supporters did not listen to him. They/you have instead been on an 18 month tantrum that is damaging the country. Starting with death threats for the electors, and included a deranged democrat shooting up a Republican congressional baseball practice. And recently fed by the democrat leader Maxine Waters calling for violence on Trump supporters.

Its going to be a LONG time before any Republicans listen to anything any of you have to say.

Mike Drop

As you show, you do not understand the difference. I think you just choose to ignore it to match things as you wish. Can't stop from doing that.

Tugg


So you are saying that the election was rigged then? That Trump is not the legitimate President? Is that what you think?

Mike Drop
 
jpetekyxmd80
Posts: 4309
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:16 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
If you want to know what you are talking about, why don't you read the 29 page indictment of the Russians?

You mean the one that:
1) Doesn't include any reference to Americans or collusion?
2) Will never be taken to trial, which means that it is meaningless?


That one?

What about it? Does it contain anything that proves any illegal or treasonous activities by President Trump or his campaign?

Mike Drop


We are not even talking about that here. We are talking about the proven Russian meddling and interference in our electoral process, and other countries too by the way, which you seen to unabashedly deny.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009
 
910A
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 am

Let see my Freedom caucus congressman had no comment on today's events. He did tell us that he is working hard to take away time and half overtime for travel agencies and taking a victory lap about a 2% pay raise for military members.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13352
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:59 am

I made a quick trip through tRump country today when I cut through the Walmart Parking lot. Close enough for me. :twocents:
Last edited by WarRI1 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 am

If the GOP leaders in Congress have so far turned a blind eye to all of it, what makes you think they'll do anything?

Fearing a challenge from their right (for being insufficiently loyal to Trump...because the GOP has turned into a rubber stamp for the president), they'll fake outrage today but when it comes to voting, they'll only vote for non-binding, non-enforceable resolutions.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13352
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
If the GOP leaders in Congress have so far turned a blind eye to all of it, what makes you think they'll do anything?

Fearing a challenge from their right (for being insufficiently loyal to Trump...because the GOP has turned into a rubber stamp for the president), they'll fake outrage today but when it comes to voting, they'll only vote for non-binding, non-enforceable resolutions.


Are they not supposed to uphold and defend the Constitution and defend our country? How can Capitulation because of personal cowardice be allowed by Rumpettes ? Does money and power mean more than our Democracy and the welfare of 350 million people? Visit Arlington and so many more here and overseas and think about that. This Buffoon can still draw admiration? For what I ask? We have a new Chamberlain. Look up the name and see what he is famous for. Not Bravery for sure.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
Airstud
Posts: 4863
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 am

DDR wrote:
I think it will take something truly heinous and horrific to occur


Already has.

Like 1,100 times, in this administration.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9695
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Right. Keep telling yourself that. The fact of the matter is that President Obama was correct. It is really unfortunate for this country that Hillary and her supporters did not listen to him. They/you have instead been on an 18 month tantrum that is damaging the country. Starting with death threats for the electors, and included a deranged democrat shooting up a Republican congressional baseball practice. And recently fed by the democrat leader Maxine Waters calling for violence on Trump supporters.

Its going to be a LONG time before any Republicans listen to anything any of you have to say.

Mike Drop

As you show, you do not understand the difference. I think you just choose to ignore it to match things as you wish. Can't stop from doing that.

Tugg


So you are saying that the election was rigged then? That Trump is not the legitimate President? Is that what you think?

Mike Drop

You are obviously still not reading or understanding. No, not rigged.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13059
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:51 am

Trump should have never had this summit but it really doesn't change anything. He isn't a conservative and he isn't a liberal. It's a part of the reason he got elected. This country has had it with the fringe on both sides. It's why we need a third party. We need a fair tax structure, real immigration where you don't get handed amnesty for sneaking in. A military that can protect us without pandering with all these social issues that don't matter to working people at their dinner table.

It doesn't matter what the GOP does or what Bernie Does. Or what you get drilled into your head from Rachel Maddow. We need to elect some moderates. Which if you wash away his stupid tweets and rhetoric is mostly what Trump is. Which if he isn't pandering to his base is what Cuomo is too. Why he gave upstate NY businesses a 10 year tax holiday to operate. It's the economy stupid. Not some dog and pony show in FInland, The DNC or the GOP

Lose the fringe people.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:03 am

I don't care that he's cozying up to Russia. I also think we should find common ground with adversaries. But if you don't think there's something off with a president that disrespects our allies and calls them foes while attempting to cozy up to rivals, then there is definitely something wrong with you.

And what's worse is that you don't see the irony (or don't want to admit it) So Trump needs to find common ground with Putin to work together. And with North Korea. But heavens me...that heathen Obama when he met with Castro in Cuba and allowed Iran to rejoin the international community. How dare he attempt to work with adversaries, both of which pose less of a threat than nuclear armed Russia and North Korea. Maybe Obama should have trashed the EU and Canada before engaging with Iran...that way it's all kosher (or halal).

At the very least, admit you have a double standard and I'll go to bed tonight knowing that people are willing to admit that they like certain things ONLY when their party is in power (you know...the same way the GOP calls itself fiscally conservative only when not in power because it makes a great talking point for elections).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21460
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Perhaps you should watch this video of President Obama discussion of election rigging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc

"Every expert regardless of ideology will tell you that circumstances of voter fraud cannot be found."

"There is no serious person out there suggesting that you could rig Americas election"

Perhaps you all should take President Obama's advice and stop whining.

Mike Drop

You really don't understand what you are talking about. At all.

There is a huge difference between "voter fraud"/"vote rigging" and "election interference"/"misinformation campaigns". Learn the difference and you will be better able to discuss things.

Tugg


Right. Keep telling yourself that. The fact of the matter is that President Obama was correct. It is really unfortunate for this country that Hillary and her supporters did not listen to him. They/you have instead been on an 18 month tantrum that is damaging the country. Starting with death threats for the electors, and included a deranged democrat shooting up a Republican congressional baseball practice. And recently fed by the democrat leader Maxine Waters calling for violence on Trump supporters.

Its going to be a LONG time before any Republicans listen to anything any of you have to say.

Mike Drop


Let's simplify this:

Obama was talking about voter fraud. One person casting multiple ballots type thing.

Intelligence agencies AT THE SAME TIME were talking about Russians manipulating data, trolling internet forums, social media, reporting false stories.

Your orange god just told us that he believes Putin over OUR OWN INTELLIGENCE.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3638
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:53 am

seb146 wrote:
Your orange god just told us that he believes Putin over OUR OWN INTELLIGENCE.


When your own intelligence has proven itself to be a corrupt, lying, biased group against you, would you believe them? Is belief a logical response?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21460
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Your orange god just told us that he believes Putin over OUR OWN INTELLIGENCE.


When your own intelligence has proven itself to be a corrupt, lying, biased group against you, would you believe them? Is belief a logical response?


wow.

Even European agencies said that Russia hacked our elections. And, yet, Putin is more trustworthy? Because intelligence agencies are corrupt? Is Putin a saint and no one told us?

Excuse me while I swill a beer, utter expletives and shake my head.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:32 am

seb146 wrote:
Your orange god just told us that he believes Putin over OUR OWN INTELLIGENCE.


This is a LIE All Trump said was that he has great respect for his intel people, but that Putin had strong feelings about it. In no way does this match what you claim.

Mike Drop
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3638
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 am

seb146 wrote:
wow.

Even European agencies said that Russia hacked our elections. And, yet, Putin is more trustworthy? Because intelligence agencies are corrupt? Is Putin a saint and no one told us?

Excuse me while I swill a beer, utter expletives and shake my head.....


Answer the question. Or is it too difficult for you to answer.

I'll take the latter for $200, Alex.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21460
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:48 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:
wow.

Even European agencies said that Russia hacked our elections. And, yet, Putin is more trustworthy? Because intelligence agencies are corrupt? Is Putin a saint and no one told us?

Excuse me while I swill a beer, utter expletives and shake my head.....


Answer the question. Or is it too difficult for you to answer.

I'll take the latter for $200, Alex.


I did answer the question. Seventeen different American agencies and several European agencies including intelligence from Estonia (former Soviet Republic) and Poland (part of the Iron Curtain) told the world that Russia was hacking elections.

But, you are more focused on corrupt people within the American system because, for some reason, that proves that St. Putin is right?

What does one have to do with the other? You just want to be right about tRump being the best, you fail to see how corrupt he is. His own ego stroking is more important that The Republic.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:53 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Yes, his comments were so inconsequential that led his own intelligence to chief to release an unprecedented and unauthorized rebuttal.


Can you provide a link to this?

Mike Drop
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 am

MikeDrop wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Yes, his comments were so inconsequential that led his own intelligence to chief to release an unprecedented and unauthorized rebuttal.


Can you provide a link to this?

Mike Drop


Oh Mikey...

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/ ... -dni-coats
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3638
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 am

seb146 wrote:
I did answer the question.


Maybe you couldn't even find my question in my long-winded one-line post. So I'll re-post it for you for easy vision:

"When your own intelligence has proven itself to be a corrupt, lying, biased group against you, would you believe them? Is belief a logical response?"

A simple "yes" or "no" is perfectly acceptable, if you so desire.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:56 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I did answer the question.


Maybe you couldn't even find my question in my long-winded one-line post. So I'll re-post it for you for easy vision:

"When your own intelligence has proven itself to be a corrupt, lying, biased group against you, would you believe them? Is belief a logical response?"

A simple "yes" or "no" is perfectly acceptable, if you so desire.


Your premise is false.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3638
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 am

jetero wrote:
Your premise is false.


Then explain how, in light of a critical statement which said that Trump believes Putin over his own intelligence.

When you can't explain it, I'll take that answer to the question.
Last edited by MSPNWA on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:02 am

jetero wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Yes, his comments were so inconsequential that led his own intelligence to chief to release an unprecedented and unauthorized rebuttal.


Can you provide a link to this?

Mike Drop


Oh Mikey...

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/ ... -dni-coats

LOL Unprecedented my backside. President Trump stated that he spoke at length about the Russian interference in the 2016 election. He actually said in the press conference that there was interference. he responded directly to a reporter that he held Russia accountable for the interference. What he also said was that there was no collusion. Your weak link doesn't even mention the word collusion.

LOL
 
jpetekyxmd80
Posts: 4309
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:16 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:02 am

The official press release from the director of national intelligence .gov page.... that is what you call a weak link?

Unprecedented? It is not very often that a President's Director of National Intelligence is so outraged at the comments of a POTUS that they feel the need to assert their work and honor immediately afterwards, is it? Or maybe that happens all the time. Show me. I'll wait.

If anyone needed proof that this guy must be a troll, this should be it, or just unimaginably dense. And what about collusion? What does this have to do with collusion. These are intelligence reports on the activity of Russian actors in US domestic matters, not the investigation into the President's relationship with Vladimir Putin and/or Russian oligarchy. Are you such a simpleton that you can't see the different facets of this?
Last edited by jpetekyxmd80 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21460
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:05 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I did answer the question.


Maybe you couldn't even find my question in my long-winded one-line post. So I'll re-post it for you for easy vision:

"When your own intelligence has proven itself to be a corrupt, lying, biased group against you, would you believe them? Is belief a logical response?"

A simple "yes" or "no" is perfectly acceptable, if you so desire.


You assume some unnamed intelligence agency is corrupt, lying, and biased against tRump. That proof is on you, before I can answer. Keeping in mind that the same intelligence that you claim is corrupt, lying, and biased were also investigating whether Hillary used a private email for anything untoward and you righties were saying how upstanding the agency was and how they just need to do their job. Why should I answer anything from you when you can't even get your story straight?

We know there are corrupt individuals. We accept that. We also accept that, because so many agencies both in the United States and Europe made the same claim, why believe the opposite is true? I suppose you believe the Earth is flat. I mean, some people who claim to be honest believe Earth is flat, so it must be, right? Your logic.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3638
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:10 am

seb146 wrote:
You assume some unnamed intelligence agency is corrupt, lying, and biased against tRump.


Kinda hard to "assume" facts. Quite the conundrum actually. That''s a skill I don't possess.

If you're simply unwilling or incapable of acknowledging facts, then we can't help you. You're going to have to find help from within.

I'll take that answer anyday now.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 am

IMO this is all more of the same. Washington types truly cannot believe Trump got over 300 electoral votes.

That's what this is about. Gee! He doesn't like Angela Merkel. Isn't that fresh. And now he said nice things about Putin. Oh my.

The main Establishment party (most Democrats and most Republicans) wants Trump out. He keeps them so angry. It is emotionally so hard for our one Party. People are talking about regretting having children now.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 am

Flighty wrote:
IMO this is all more of the same. Washington types truly cannot believe Trump got over 300 electoral votes.

That's what this is about. Gee! He doesn't like Angela Merkel. Isn't that fresh. And now he said nice things about Putin. Oh my.

The main Establishment party (most Democrats and most Republicans) wants Trump out. He keeps them so angry. It is emotionally so hard for our one Party. People are talking about regretting having children now.


Why is it “all of the same”? (Spoiler alert: It Isn’t!)

The fact that people make such idiotic comments is the only reason the U.S. has been raped. Thanks Moscow!
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:44 am

[threeid][/threeid]
jetero wrote:
Flighty wrote:
IMO this is all more of the same. Washington types truly cannot believe Trump got over 300 electoral votes.

That's what this is about. Gee! He doesn't like Angela Merkel. Isn't that fresh. And now he said nice things about Putin. Oh my.

The main Establishment party (most Democrats and most Republicans) wants Trump out. He keeps them so angry. It is emotionally so hard for our one Party. People are talking about regretting having children now.


Why is it “all of the same”? (Spoiler alert: It Isn’t!)

The fact that people make such idiotic comments is the only reason the U.S. has been raped. Thanks Moscow!


In what sense have we been raped? Let me try to figure out what you are saying. Russians hacked the DNC emails, which wikileaks released? Well Assange and Greenwald, who have good truth records, deny that.

To clarify though, we were raped in the sense that you didn't prefer Trump to be elected, but he was, is that correct? That is what I mean by "same old." But feel free to clarify it for me.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:48 am

Flighty wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
jetero wrote:
Flighty wrote:
IMO this is all more of the same. Washington types truly cannot believe Trump got over 300 electoral votes.

That's what this is about. Gee! He doesn't like Angela Merkel. Isn't that fresh. And now he said nice things about Putin. Oh my.

The main Establishment party (most Democrats and most Republicans) wants Trump out. He keeps them so angry. It is emotionally so hard for our one Party. People are talking about regretting having children now.


Why is it “all of the same”? (Spoiler alert: It Isn’t!)

The fact that people make such idiotic comments is the only reason the U.S. has been raped. Thanks Moscow!


In what sense have we been raped? Let me try to figure out what you are saying. Russians hacked the DNC emails, which wikileaks released? Well Assange and Greenwald, who have good truth records, deny that.

To clarify though, we were raped in the sense that you didn't prefer Trump to be elected, but he was, is that correct? That is what I mean by "same old." But feel free to clarify it for me.


Flighty if you’re a fan of “fairness,” then the prior election should’ve been an open book in re Trump. And it didn’t even come close. Have we seen his tax returns?
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 am

jetero wrote:
Flighty wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
jetero wrote:

Why is it “all of the same”? (Spoiler alert: It Isn’t!)

The fact that people make such idiotic comments is the only reason the U.S. has been raped. Thanks Moscow!


In what sense have we been raped? Let me try to figure out what you are saying. Russians hacked the DNC emails, which wikileaks released? Well Assange and Greenwald, who have good truth records, deny that.

To clarify though, we were raped in the sense that you didn't prefer Trump to be elected, but he was, is that correct? That is what I mean by "same old." But feel free to clarify it for me.


Flighty if you’re a fan of “fairness,” then the prior election should’ve been an open book in re Trump. And it didn’t even come close. Have we seen his tax returns?


Trump is a shoddy businessman who probably is less rich than he says he is. We did not see his taxes. But that isn't required. What is required is he get 270 electoral votes, and he did. It is so important to go over that fact in detail -- what is a president? What powers does he have? Does he preside over the Department of Justice? How is a president elected, again? Are there parts of the country that matter other than New York and California? What parts? What are they called? What if New York and California are super sad and mad about what happened? Does it invalidate the presidency? Can California and New York secede and "resist?" What happened to the last states that attempted to seceded and "resist?"

I am open to detailed information showing this election was stolen from Hillary Clinton. Which states she would have won, and by how much. The claim is that people in Michigan actually wanted Hillary but were manipulated by Russia to vote Trump. I want to see the measurements of the illegal election meddling and convincing evidence that Michigan actually would have voted Clinton.

Unfortunately the truth is that people in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio liked Trump more than they did Clinton. They thought he did a better job campaigning. He gave better speeches. I find that devastating. That is the scandal here.
Last edited by Flighty on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21460
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:09 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:
You assume some unnamed intelligence agency is corrupt, lying, and biased against tRump.


Kinda hard to "assume" facts. Quite the conundrum actually. That''s a skill I don't possess.

If you're simply unwilling or incapable of acknowledging facts, then we can't help you. You're going to have to find help from within.

I'll take that answer anyday now.


Even your orange god admitted that Russia hacked our elections

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... d1258b4a36

I have admitted there are corrupt people in the intelligence community. What more do you want?

BTW, this proves that Hillary and Bill are innocent. By your own logic and reasoning, they are completely and totally innocent.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8145
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 am

Flighty wrote:
The claim is that people in Michigan actually wanted Hillary but were manipulated by Russia to vote Trump. I want to see the measurements of the illegal election meddling and convincing evidence that Michigan actually would have voted Clinton.

Unfortunately the truth is that people in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio liked Trump more than they did Clinton. They thought he did a better job campaigning. He gave better speeches. I find that devastating. That is the scandal here.


This is so, so very true, and I say this as someone who despises Trump with every ounce of my being. I don't doubt for a second that there was Russian interference in the 2016 election, but there has not yet been any conclusive evidence that it swayed the outcome in any of the key swing states.

The reality is that Clinton was a weak candidate that the Democratic establishment ordained as the next president for no reason other than it was 'her turn.' She utterly failed to connect with the average Joe on the street in working America, and here we are.

Until the DNC is willing to confront the role that they played in losing an unloseable election the Democrts will continue to underperform against the odds. I don't believe that Sanders was the answer, but the entire establishment Democrat Party (starting with Biden, but there were other options) sat back and let her progress with their blessing.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11853
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Flighty wrote:
The claim is that people in Michigan actually wanted Hillary but were manipulated by Russia to vote Trump. I want to see the measurements of the illegal election meddling and convincing evidence that Michigan actually would have voted Clinton.

Unfortunately the truth is that people in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio liked Trump more than they did Clinton. They thought he did a better job campaigning. He gave better speeches. I find that devastating. That is the scandal here.


This is so, so very true, and I say this as someone who despises Trump with every ounce of my being. I don't doubt for a second that there was Russian interference in the 2016 election, but there has not yet been any conclusive evidence that it swayed the outcome in any of the key swing states.
.


Conclusive evidence is hard to find with voting being secret and so on.. even if every Trump voter would be willing to talk about the what and why, who is even able to remember what meme or advertisement has changed their mind?

"Proof" can only be done by statistics, how much money was spent, how many people noticed Russian propaganda in a meaningful way (I.e. liked or shared)? What effect can we expect from a marketing campaign like that, keep in mind it doesn't have to swing people, it is enough to increase turnout, and what does that mean for the validity of the result.... but you can't get 6 sigma proof that way.

No matter how terrible Clinton was as a candidate or how botched the campaign was, starting from the assumption Russia kicked of a campaign like that, spending money and other resources on a PR campaign with that level of risk, sanctions, without expecting it to work is a non-starter.

They did it because they, with long long experience in online fake news campaigns to influence elections, did expected to get Trump in the White House and they didn't expect to get that without the campaign.

The simple fact that they tried is a pretty hard indicator that it did work.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1691
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:33 am

tommy1808 wrote:
The simple fact that they tried is a pretty hard indicator that it did work.

Best regards
Thomas

No. Just no. That’s not how evidence works.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1691
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:36 am

It's incredible that so many people are responding to what they see as an authoritarian, anti-democratic menace by screaming TREASON, which is perhaps the most quintessentially authoritarian tactic. Few buy this shtick. Whenever liberals pretend to be flag-wavers for reasons of political expediency, actual flag-wavers can always see right through it.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7846
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 am

VTKillarney wrote:
It's incredible that so many people are responding to what they see as an authoritarian, anti-democratic menace by screaming TREASON, which is perhaps the most quintessentially authoritarian tactic. Few buy this shtick. Whenever liberals pretend to be flag-wavers for reasons of political expediency, actual flag-wavers can always see right through it.

Except it's not only liberals crying foul, but I guess any Republican that dares grow even part of a spine is now labeled a RINO (like Paul Ryan and Ben Sasse).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9695
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:36 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
"When your own intelligence has proven itself to be a corrupt, lying, biased group against you, would you believe them? Is belief a logical response?"

Two points that you get wrong make your premise fail:
1.) There has been no proof that "our intelligence community" is corrupt, lying and biased against the president. (Some try to pick and choose and look at "Squirrel!!" aspects but there no real evidence let alone proof that our intelligence groups are failing the president.)
2.) Belief isn't required. Information is presented. Vetted information. And sources and reasoning and justification for the data and facts presented is also provided.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9950
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Is today the day the GOP finally grows a backbone?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:56 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
It's incredible that so many people are responding to what they see as an authoritarian, anti-democratic menace by screaming TREASON, which is perhaps the most quintessentially authoritarian tactic. Few buy this shtick. Whenever liberals pretend to be flag-wavers for reasons of political expediency, actual flag-wavers can always see right through it.


You know what I find amazing is how few real American Patriots are left that can identify textbook TREASON..
Where ever you go, there you are.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aerlingus747, Dutchy, kalvado, PirxPilot and 54 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos