Ken777
Topic Author

Manafort Pleading Guilty and Talking

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:24 pm

More bad news for Trump - Manafort is flipping on him. Pleading Guilty and Co-operating with the investigation. Not good news for Swamp Mouth as Manafort was at the Trump Tower meeting.

CNN & MSNBC are all over this, as is NY Times and Washington Post. Don't know about FOX as they might still be worrying about how to present the news.

This, BTW, is the 5th Guilty Plea from Trump's Campaign Team.

einsteinboricua

Re: Manafort Pleading Guilty and Talking

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Don't know about FOX as they might still be worrying about how to present the news.

Fox News is probably just explaining why Trump's claim about the nearly 3,000 dead in Puerto Rico is accurate and bashing Obama being on the campaign trail (as Pence said: they're disappointed). Manawho?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

trpmb6

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 pm

This should probably go over in the poor americans fast food thread as this is a giant nothingburger

LittleFokker

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:25 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
This should probably go over in the poor americans fast food thread as this is a giant nothingburger

Riiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. Because campaign managers of Presidential candidates are pleading guilty and flipping on their candidates like weekly.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

BN747

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Manafort, once 'strong, nice guy' now becomes the Coffee Boy who worked for free...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

casinterest

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Another of Trump's Best people is just a crooked liar. Makes sense when you know who they were hired by.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

BN747

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:46 pm

BN747 wrote:
Manafort, once 'strong, nice guy' now becomes the Coffee Boy who worked for free...

BN747

Scratch that, the THIRD Coffee boy, it must be hell finding a Coffee server around that place.. I hope future Coffee boys are lawyered up!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:55 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

The swamp has not been drained. It has been filled to overflowing. So much so that people are going to jail and turning on dear leader.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Can you imagine, Donna Brazile, President Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, convicted on 8 felony charges (actually, they would have tagged her on all 18 counts in the 1st trial) and facing a 2nd trial in conservative SE Virginia (aka ...all white jury), she suddenly flips and agrees to talk to Feds....hmmmm what would be on Fox News, Hannity, Ingraham and Limbaugh for the next 10 years...not hard to imagine the 'whooping it up' on levels Dems could never match - that is until, the coming of election of Kamala Harris as the 1st Black Female POTUS.

Look at her, she sits at this very moment where Obama was 2 years before 2008. And she (esp. after her Kavanaugh roasting) has a bigger spotlight on her than O did at this point in time. She'd garner all blacks, except the 3 TTrump supporters, majority Latinos, 75% of all women (yup even conservative chicks, most are left leaning anyway), her only deficit - white Conservative males who hold dearly the belief that 'justice' should only be for some, like themselves.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wingman

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I just opened my first Nothing Burger fast food restaurant in Texas and sold 1400 Double Royale Nothings with extra No Cheese in the first hour. These tools were coming back for second helpings of empty styrofoam boxes. I’m gonna be rich!

MSPNWA

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:08 pm

And still the only collusion or meddling in the election was from the Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party.

Ken777
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 am

MSPNWA wrote:
And still the only collusion or meddling in the election was from the Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You forgot that Mansfort was at the Trump Tower meeting and, as he has already talked big time to the Special Prosecutors this week, there is no doubt that they know what Donny Jr said and what Don Sr has said. Keep believing in the Tooth Fairy, collusion or meddling will be Trump's smaller problems.

MSPNWA

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 am

Ken777 wrote:

You forgot that Mansfort was at the Trump Tower meeting and, as he has already talked big time to the Special Prosecutors this week, there is no doubt that they know what Donny Jr said and what Don Sr has said. Keep believing in the Tooth Fairy, collusion or meddling will be Trump's smaller problems.

Why do you hate truth so much? Is it because it isn't successful at fulfilling your need to have your beliefs confirmed?

BN747

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:37 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Why do you hate truth so much?

Here's your BIG chance...

...go ahead, tell us the TRUTH, 3, 2, 1 ..GO!

BN747

WarRI1

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:12 am

BN747 wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Here's your BIG chance...

...go ahead, tell us the TRUTH, 3, 2, 1 ..GO!

BN747

Please, please, Mspnwa give us the truth because nobody in the White House will for sure. Talk about drinking the Kool Ade of the liars and phonies of the Buffoon administration.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

jetero

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 am

Pretty sure the truth is whatever is on Trumpy Bear’s Twitter account

No collusion

No obstruction

I didn’t do anything wrong

I’ve never met that woman

This is so unfair

Fake news

I hire the best people

No one died in Puerto Rico

I’ve been around flippers my entire life ... it should be illegal

Witch hunt

Why don’t people call me elite when all my friends have the nicest boats?

Thank you Chairman Kim

And, yes, we’re the ones who can’t accept the truth out due to our overwhelming bias “to have our beliefs confirmed.” Stop projecting, brother!

The truth is staring you in the face, MSPNWA.

bgm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:21 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

That's funny, because every time I read your posts, I think the exact same thing!
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

seahawk

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:30 am

Why is this even news?

ltbewr

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 am

There are a number of reasons Manifort and Mueller made this plea deal.
Manifort faced the likelihood in his second trial giving him many more years in jail anyway it went. He likely was running out of cash to pay the huge legal defense bills as the government pretty much seized all of his assets, including a condo in Trump Tower on 5th Ave., homes in VA, Long Island, 4 bank accounts, even a large life insurance policy. The raids on his residences likely turned up massive evidence as to openly criminal financial transactions and business dealings that were impossible to defend and likely lead to more charges on others like former partner Roger Stone, various foreign persons.

For Mueller, the plea deal works out good too. At age 69 and convicted in the previous trial facing years of in jail, Manifort would likely get little more real time in jail, so why push for something that will have little net affect on his paying the price of his crimes. Mueller avoids having to disclose information at the 2nd trial of Manifort and thus to the public that he can now use against Stone, Don Trump, Jr., more Russian and Ukrainian 'investors' and to give to Congress to consider Impeachment charges on Donald Trump. Mueller also got Manifort to accept the most severe charges, ones difficult for Trump to pardon on and give testimony in Grand Juries and trials.

I just wish Manifort and all the others convicted or plea out end up in a hard core jail like Leavenworth or Atlanta, no 'Club Fed' for them as they need to pay for their sins of supporting Donald Trump becoming President.

afcjets

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:07 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I just wish Manifort and all the others convicted or plea out end up in a hard core jail like Leavenworth or Atlanta, no 'Club Fed' for them as they need to pay for their sins of supporting Donald Trump becoming President.

You nailed it. This is exactly what the special counsel investigation is all about, except for Trump his sin is actually being a politically incorrect outsider winning when the establishment didn't want or expect him to.

seb146

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:35 pm

afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

You nailed it. This is exactly what the special counsel investigation is all about, except for Trump his sin is actually being a politically incorrect outsider winning when the establishment didn't want or expect him to.

His sin is surrounding himself with people who would rather look out for their own self interests at all costs. Even if it means turning to Russia for help. It is a huge deal that Russia helped install him. It is even bigger and more troublesome that voters believe he did nothing wrong in working with Russia to get installed. Being a political outsider has absolutely zero to do with anything at all. Literally no one cares about that. We care about Russia selecting who goes on our ballot. We care that Americans are defending Russia's actions.

People in the swamp surrounding the golfer in chief have close connections to Russia and are talking to the FBI about Russia. And there is still denial from righties there are any links to Russia.

BN747

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:44 pm

afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Well there's disjointed contradiction if there ever was one..."except for Trump his sin is actually being a politically incorrect"

That portion is fine and dandy, but what does his political in correctness have to do with 'the special counsel investigation '...answer: Not a thing.

This so called 'politically incorrect outsider winning'...WITH the assistance/involvement of US chief adversary Russia, as you said "This is exactly what the special counsel investigation is all about"...no 'exceptions. And Manafort is up to his neck in Russian dealings of his own creation. He was a free agent until he owed Oleg Derapaska, 16 Million large and could not repay him, now when Pooty and Derapaska ordered him to work for TTrump for 'free' (I mean who on Earth owes that amount of cash goes out and works for free?...who?

Now public resentment and displeasure can be attributed to ...'a politically incorrect outsider winning when the establishment didn't want or expect him to." Which is an entirely separate issue and of no concern to the Special Counsel's investigation.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afcjets

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

It is a huge deal that Russia helped install him.

I'll give you that even though Hillary would have likely lost all on her own. You may find this hard to believe but many US voters are more troubled by someone laughing on tape their client who they got off fooled a polygraph tape about raping a 12 year old girl than a man making the obvious statement there are some adult women who would have sex with a man they otherwise wouldn't if they are a celebrity. It wasn't a huge deal Russia interfered though because they have been doing it for decades and our President was aware of it and did nothing more than tell Putin to cut it out. The outcome was the crime so you are correct because it resulted in Trump being installed.

seb146 wrote:
It is even bigger and more troublesome that voters believe he did nothing wrong in working with Russia to get installed.

What is troubling is that not that people like you seeing nothing wrong with Russian collusion since the only proven collusion with Russia is with Hillary, what is troubling is the FBI saw nothing wrong with it when the target was Trump and the perpetrator was Hillary. Not only did they know Hillary colluded with Russia with the fake dossier, they actually used it knowing it was fake and paid for by Hillary to get an investigation going on Trump.
Last edited by afcjets on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tugger

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:56 pm

afcjets wrote:
colluded with Russia with the fake dossier,

It was Republican's who hired the firm that created the dossier looking to defend against Trump during the primaries. You know this.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

afcjets

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:04 pm

As if there aren't Republicans in the establishment.

"Clinton campaign, DNC paid for research that led to Russia dossier" ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 0f5d1a4b69

jetero

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:22 pm

afcjets wrote:

Well, then, that can only mean one thing ... he’s INNOCENT! Poor guy, so so put upon when all he wants to do is selflessly help the country.

seb146

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 pm

afcjets wrote:

So, the DNC thought there was enough evidence of team MAGA and their connections to Russia, the DNC launched an investigation. Good to know.

seb146

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

It is a huge deal that Russia helped install him.

I'll give you that even though Hillary would have likely lost all on her own. You may find this hard to believe but many US voters are more troubled by someone laughing on tape their client who they got off fooled a polygraph tape about raping a 12 year old girl than a man making the obvious statement there are some adult women who would have sex with a man they otherwise wouldn't if they are a celebrity. It wasn't a huge deal Russia interfered though because they have been doing it for decades and our President was aware of it and did nothing more than tell Putin to cut it out. The outcome was the crime so you are correct because it resulted in Trump being installed.

Usually your posts are pretty good. I don't understand this one at all. Rape of a 12 year old girl? By whom? Fooled polygraph? When? I don't understand any of this. Please explain. Thank you.

NIKV69

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 pm

When Trump gets charged come get me
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

jetero

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
When Trump gets charged come get me

He can’t be charged, Nikky V.

(On top of things as always.)

NIKV69

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 pm

jetero wrote:

Exactly
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

afcjets

Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 am

seb146 wrote:

Usually your posts are pretty good. I don't understand this one at all. Rape of a 12 year old girl? By whom? Fooled polygraph? When? I don't understand any of this. Please explain. Thank you.

Here is the 12 year old as an adult telling her story. It's actually even worse than it sounds. If you want to hear the actual tape, see the related videos. The fact that you haven't heard it yet you heard a ten year old off air Access Hollywood recording of Trump and Billy Bush laughing being aired every 5 minutes shows how biased the MSM is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=724IMVqvzgY

WarRI1

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Here is the 12 year old as an adult telling her story. It's actually even worse than it sounds. If you want to hear the actual tape, see the related videos. The fact that you haven't heard it yet you heard a ten year old off air Access Hollywood recording of Trump and Billy Bush laughing being aired every 5 minutes shows how biased the MSM is.

Link, counter link, let us get down to the nitty gritty, the man is a Buffoon, a thief, a liar, a con man, a hypocrite and for the life of me I cannot help but judge his avid maniacal supporters as rather ??????

afcjets

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:17 am

No surprise someone like you would think a politician who lies is a bigger deal than Hillary laughing about getting of a child rapist.

moo

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Oh look, Fox News being used as a source...

Hillary Clinton was a court appointed lawyer in the defence of a Kathy Shelton's rapist, she was appointed by the judge in the case and when she requested that she be removed and replaced, the judge denied her request.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... f66c2f9961

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... nd-rapist/

Hillary was providing a service that the US Constitution requires be provided - if anything, she should be lauded for that, not ridiculed for political gain.

It's also notable that Shelton has substatially changed her story and list of allegations multiple times, as evidenced in the WP article.

WarRI1

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 am

afcjets wrote:
No surprise someone like you would think a politician who lies is a bigger deal than Hillary laughing about getting of a child rapist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ03Nw7ohww

I hope this link works, I suggest you watch it, even the Prosecutor seems to not hold a grudge against Hillary. Just like the Buffoons henchmen always do, distort and tell it like they would like to have it. Hannity, Fox News, Distortion Central, pathetic.
Last edited by WarRI1 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

jetero

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:36 am

afcjets wrote:

Hillary Hillary Hillary

WarRI1

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:40 am

jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Hillary Hillary Hillary

Always the usual from the right side, like a shark attack and disappear. Take a bite and run for cover. What a bullshit story, a new lawyer who asked not to defend a Rapist, pilloried by the right for doing her job. :lol: :lol:

seb146

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I did not watch the whole video because Sean Hannity is biased as the come.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-pre ... old-229455

According to this biased source, Hillary did not laugh at the girl. Hillary was defending the man who allegedly raped the girl. Disgusting at that may be, it was Hillary's job to, at the very least, get him a light sentence. At most, free him. In other words: she had a job and she did it. Disgusting as the perpetrator's actions were.

Polygraphs are not always admissible as evidence, anyway.

The current occupant of the White House was heard actually talking about wanting to grope women. That is not part of his job.

afcjets

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:02 am

moo wrote:

Hillary Clinton was a court appointed lawyer in the defence of a Kathy Shelton's rapist, she was appointed by the judge in the case and when she requested that she be removed and replaced, the judge denied her request.

Hillary was providing a service that the US Constitution requires be provided - if anything, she should be lauded for that, not ridiculed for political gain.

It's also notable that Shelton has substatially changed her story and list of allegations multiple times, as evidenced in the WP article.

I don't fault Hillary for defending her client, it's her laughing when she says he passed the polygraph test. There is nothing funny about this case and this guy getting away with it.

Shelton was 12 and was traumatized, she did not substantially change her story, she wasn't upset when she first found out in 2007 Hillary was the attorney. It wasn't until she actually heard the tape of her laughing about in 2014 that she changed her mind about Hillary.

seb146

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 am

afcjets wrote:
moo wrote:

I don't fault Hillary for defending her client, it's her laughing when she says he passed the polygraph test. There is nothing funny about this case and this guy getting away with it.

Shelton was 12 and was traumatized, she did not substantially change her story, she wasn't upset when she first found out in 2007 Hillary was the attorney. It wasn't until she actually heard the tape of her laughing about in 2014 that she changed her mind about Hillary.

Could Hillary have been laughing because "how the hell did he pass the polygraph?" and not "that stupid girl is gonna get it now!"? I laugh every time the Tampa Bay Bucs win a football game. Or when someone correctly pronounces the name of Saskatchewan's capital.

What does any of this have to do with Mr. Drain The Swamp (when he clearly did not but, rather, filled it to overflowing)?

afcjets

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:20 am

seb146 wrote:

Could Hillary have been laughing because "how the hell did he pass the polygraph?" and not "that stupid girl is gonna get it now!"?

Yes, and that is bad enough especially when she was his public defender. Again, there is nothing funny about this case and him getting away with it.

seb146

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Could Hillary have been laughing because "how the hell did he pass the polygraph?" and not "that stupid girl is gonna get it now!"?

Yes, and that is bad enough especially when she was his public defender. Again, there is nothing funny about this case and him getting away with it.

She did her job and she is evil. The jury was not convinced he did it and she is evil.

No winning with you people.

Kavanaugh allegedly raped at least one girl. Where is you right wing outrage over that?

WarRI1

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 am

afcjets wrote:
moo wrote:

Shelton was 12 and was traumatized, she did not substantially change her story, she wasn't upset when she first found out in 2007 Hillary was the attorney. It wasn't until she actually heard the tape of her laughing about in 2014 that she changed her mind about Hillary.[/quote

Do you for one minuter think she was laughing about a rapist getting off ? :rotfl: She did not even want to represent him. Once you are representing someone, as far as I know it is your legal duty to prove them innocent, a dirty business is defense. You are backpedaling, the right pilloried Hillary over that laugh, when nobody really knows why or how it happened. Have you ever heard of a nervous laugh? You tried to use it to defend your side of the argument, which proved a bad choice. You should have posted the part about the real happenings and the Prosecutor not blaming Hillary at all. Why o why! do you guys continue to dip back in history to try and defend the Buffoon. He is the Villain here now, not a thirty year old legal case that was basically won by the Attorney of record, 27 year old Hillary. Smear her, sully her name, destroy anything she has accomplished. Typical right wing tactics.

moo

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 am

afcjets wrote:
moo wrote:

Well, firstly, the reporter who conducted the interview where the laughter issue has come from has categorically stated that Hillary was not laughing at the victim - again, it's in the WP article.

Secondly, Shelton has changed her story considerably in subsequent GoFundMe campaigns, various interviews with journalists and news outlets and other statements - and yet again, it's all there in the WP article with evidence. Shelton has outright lied about her case many times in recent years.

WarRI1

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:48 am

I do not know, but how did a 12 year old end up in that PU truck at midnight with a older man, does it say she was kidnapped anywhere before the attack?

Ken777
Topic Author

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:59 am

Rushing back to bashing Hillary is something the right wing boys like to do when the GOP or their favorite Groper has a serious problem. So back OT - Manafort has pleaded guilty and has a lifetime agreement to provide information and testify when directed to, In other words he is talking NOW and he ain't talking about Hillary.

To add to the pressure that has been building on Swamp Mouth, Cohen has also started talking to Mueller. Two top guys started talking to to the investigation in the same week. And Trump Lovers will not believe that Trump is going down.

BN747

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:00 am

In other 'Manafort' news, Ken Starr, the Special Counsel who prosecuted Prez. Bill Clinton for Whitewater (fail) but won a conviction lying about a BJ in the Oval (a crime every male on this site could be nailed for -lying about sex) has declared that....

" if Special Prosecutor Mueller is Fired, there;d be hell to pay."

....hmmm one has to wonder how does Ken Starr protege, Perv/Gambler Kavanaugh feel about that since he was the author of the Starr Report and gung-ho about chasing down a President amid his new found attitude of 'a president can't be bothered with prosecutions of any kind.

BN747

moo

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:03 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I do not know, but how did a 12 year old end up in that PU truck at midnight with a older man, does it say she was kidnapped anywhere before the attack?

The "why" doesn't matter, it happened and a rape occurred.

Shelton has however changed the story around the lead up several times, including editing the GoFundMe page to substantially alter the sequence of events (often in a contradictory manner). *That* is important in this discussion.

Ken777
Topic Author

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Exactly

Don't be too sure. While Swamp Mouth has put up the High School Sex Offender for the USSC (which is your only hope) there is no LAW that keeps Trump from actually being indicted. if Mueller believes that Trump's crimes are sufficient then he gets to be arrested. Now I don't know if it will be the FBI or US Marshalls who get the honor of putting the curse on the pig, but this country will be b better off when it happens.