DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Grassley Scraps Kavanuagh Hearing

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 pm

The Senate Judiciary Committee is postponing a high-stakes hearing set for early next week on the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The committee announced on Friday that the Monday hearing — where both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, had been invited to speak — was being called off.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407 ... for-monday

I applaud this. The Dems are desperately trying to make Ford Anita Hill 2.0
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

seb146

Re: Grassley Scraps Kavanuagh Hearing

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Such a shame a woman would wait so long just for this moment and only this moment. Democrats had this planned perfectly for the past 35 years. Including her receiving death threats, called every name in the book and told how dare we take away form his livelihood. Well played.

More right wing misogyny hard at work. Paybacks will come in November. Be sure of it.

http://www.wunc.org/post/political-junk ... e#stream/0

He most likely perjured himself anyway but, because GOP men are such victims, we can not talk about it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:08 am

Hopefully both sides work something out.

The demand that Kavanaugh testify prior to Ford is pure lunacy. Ford’s attorneys need to drop that demand for a deal to happen.

ltbewr

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:40 am

Most of the public has no problem and accepts the accusations of men coming out decades after sexual rape and assault by Catholic Priests as children or teens, but many have a problem with a teen woman coming out decades later of being raped by a man their or older age.

What has been taking place by both 'sides' in the nomination of Kavanaugh is disgusting and more likely to turn off voters. The Republicans want someone to eviscerate government regulations, anti-discrimination laws, voting, GLTBQ and abortion access rights, while the Democrats want to prevent the court from going in that direction. Democrats can't stop the votes of the Republcians by the other sound reasons and they are going to war over this, even putting a woman at risk of and destroying their and their family's lives making them look even worse to many.

To me the best way out would be Kavanaugh withdrawing his nomination. That would remove this crazyness, both sides might have think aobut their actions and for many it would at least delay for months a possible Justice who would make terrible decisions as to most Americans.

NIKV69

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:28 am

seb146 wrote:
Such a shame a woman would wait so long just for this moment and only this moment. Democrats had this planned perfectly for the past 35 years. Including her receiving death threats, called every name in the book and told how dare we take away form his livelihood. Well played.

More right wing misogyny hard at work. Paybacks will come in November. Be sure of it.

He most likely perjured himself anyway but, because GOP men are such victims, we can not talk about it.

More of a shame is you celebrated a drunk bum who let a woman die drowning in a car so he sleep off his bender and a guy who was accused of the same thing Kavanaugh is named Clinton. I find it so funny when it's someone on the right you call for his head yet someone on the left and all of a sudden the woman are not credible and go as far as Hillary and attack the accusers.

We will never know what happened or if this even happened as far as Kavanaugh is concerned. If you want to start believing every woman fine. I got 3 duke lacrosse players that can tell you a story.

Either way this is just stalling. If she wants to come testify then testify. Stop with the worthless circus and stupid ass lawyers making fools of themselves as they try to save this woman who has basically ruined her own life because she is trying to stop a man from becoming a Supreme court judge. If she felt so strongly about it why didn't she go public all the other time he got into a judgeship or climbed a rung of the professional ladder? Simple it's a cheap parlor trick from a bunch of hacks desperately trying to stop something they can't. He will be confirmed. As for the midterms bring it on. Just pray Ruth Bader can make it 5 more years or you will be 6-3 on the court.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

trpmb6

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:28 am

ltbewr wrote:

To me the best way out would be Kavanaugh withdrawing his nomination. That would remove this crazyness, both sides might have think aobut their actions and for many it would at least delay for months a possible Justice who would make terrible decisions as to most Americans.

That, of course, assumes he is guilty of said accusation.

In America we still have a presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

LittleFokker

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:31 am

trpmb6 wrote:

Gee, if only we had an agency tasked with investigating such matters to see if a complaint is legitimate - oh wait, we do! It's called the FBI, and Dr. Ford has requested their assistance on the matter while every Congressional Republican has told them to stay away.

Why, that doesn't look suspicious at all!
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 am

If Feinstein or Eshoo had leaked this in July Kavanaugh would no longer be your nominee. Whoever leaked it didn’t play their hand well at all.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:04 am

Mitch McConnell has said that Brett Kavanaugh will be on the SCOTUS. I'm resting easy tonight.

“You’ve watched the fight. You’ve watched the tactics, But here’s what I want to tell you: In the very near future, Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court… Don’t get rattled by all of this. We’re gonna plow right through it and do our job.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... -this.html
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DL717

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 am

seb146 wrote:

“I want to remain anonymous”

Hands letter to politician and talks to press. Hopes #metoo outrage will take care of the rest.

#nicetry

LittleFokker wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Gee, if only we had an agency tasked with investigating such matters to see if a complaint is legitimate - oh wait, we do! It's called the FBI, and Dr. Ford has requested their assistance on the matter while every Congressional Republican has told them to stay away.

Why, that doesn't look suspicious at all!

If the FBI is going to start investigating local incidents, then man we’re going to need a boatload of new FBI guys.

VTKillarney wrote:
If Feinstein or Eshoo had leaked this in July Kavanaugh would no longer be your nominee. Whoever leaked it didn’t play their hand well at all.

Doubt it. They would have had their testimonies with the same results and they’d have voted by now.

trpmb6 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Presumption of innocence until the accused is beat into onto submission by public opinion. Unless you’re on the left. Then you’re good to go unless there is such a preponderance of evidence that you have no choice but to go away.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

jetero

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:50 am

This thread, as all before on the taboo subject, is very revealing and I’m sure will age very well.

No substance, just tactics. It’s the usual suspects coming out with their omnisciently conclusive opinions.

I think the only “correct response” at this point is not to have an opinion one way or the other.

seb146

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:01 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

More of a shame is you celebrated a drunk bum who let a woman die drowning in a car so he sleep off his bender and a guy who was accused of the same thing Kavanaugh is named Clinton. I find it so funny when it's someone on the right you call for his head yet someone on the left and all of a sudden the woman are not credible and go as far as Hillary and attack the accusers.

We will never know what happened or if this even happened as far as Kavanaugh is concerned. If you want to start believing every woman fine. I got 3 duke lacrosse players that can tell you a story.

Either way this is just stalling. If she wants to come testify then testify. Stop with the worthless circus and stupid ass lawyers making fools of themselves as they try to save this woman who has basically ruined her own life because she is trying to stop a man from becoming a Supreme court judge. If she felt so strongly about it why didn't she go public all the other time he got into a judgeship or climbed a rung of the professional ladder? Simple it's a cheap parlor trick from a bunch of hacks desperately trying to stop something they can't. He will be confirmed. As for the midterms bring it on. Just pray Ruth Bader can make it 5 more years or you will be 6-3 on the court.

Here is the problem and probably one of the reasons you righties get these thread shut down: ... but, but, but, but... CLINTON!!!!

no. stop it.

We both know that is not even close. Bill Clinton had consensual relations with women. You all tried and convicted Bill Cosby over 30+ year old allegations that was another he-said-she-said. This time around, you whine and complain about a woman doing the exact same thing. You righties wonder why women vote Democrat? This. This right here. You all believe sexual predators over actual victims.

What will be your (righties) excuse WHEN Kavanaugh is denied a seat on the Supreme Court by Republicans? That all women who have been sexually assaulted are all liars?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:05 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Mitch McConnell has said that Brett Kavanaugh will be on the SCOTUS. I'm resting easy tonight.

“You’ve watched the fight. You’ve watched the tactics, But here’s what I want to tell you: In the very near future, Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court… Don’t get rattled by all of this. We’re gonna plow right through it and do our job.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... -this.html

Yeah, gosh. If the GOP stops making protection of sexual predators and elevating them into high office their first priority, who would know what to dream and to expect next. Will they maybe even end their policy of talking on loans in the name of all Americans to give the money to the rich and to hide the fact that economic growth under Trump has come to a crash stop given that 2018 seems to get exactly 0% net growth?

Makes one wonder how many of the folks that want sexual predators get away with their crimes have raped bodies in their past.
I could understand people sleeping bad if they have reason to believe their old crimes may come back to haunt them.

seb146 wrote:

Ah... that is childsplay... real impressive was putting an Obama birth announcement into an Hawaiian newspaper. Makes obvious why the GOP never gets anything done ever, they don't have the vision and long term planning skills.

NIKV69 wrote:
More of a shame is you celebrated a drunk bum who let a woman die drowning in a car so he sleep off his bender and a guy who was accused of the same thing Kavanaugh is named Clinton.

Oh yeah... that was about a generation ago, right? So about the same time where a movie with Jodie Foster, "the accused", showing her struggle to go after her rapists and those that cheered them on, was still "provocative", because being raped was obviously her own fault and the men basically innocent, right? About that time, right? O tempora, o mores...

And did you know that several former presidents where slave holders and are still celebrated as great man? Shocking...

Do you just miss the times where politicians could get away with sexual harassment or worse, or do you miss buying and selling people too?

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 am

VTKillarney wrote:

The demand that Kavanaugh testify prior to Ford is pure lunacy. Ford’s attorneys need to drop that demand for a deal to happen.

I want to hear what she has to say, but demanding Kavanaugh testify first is the surest evidence I've seen that this is all about delaying, about optics, and not at all about justice for either person. The accused has to first know specifically what he's accused of before he can testify to anything in his defense!

Kudos to Sen. Grassley for making fair and reasonable accommodations to Ms. Ford, offering public testimony, private, in person, via phone, etc.

But dictating terms under which you're willing to testify? Nope, sorry.

Give Kavanaugh his up or down vote and let's move on.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Airstud

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 am

EA CO AS wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

I want to hear what she has to say, but demanding Kavanaugh testify first is the surest evidence I've seen that this is all about delaying, about optics, and not at all about justice for either person. The accused has to first know specifically what he's accused of before he can testify to anything in his defense!

Kudos to Sen. Grassley for making fair and reasonable accommodations to Ms. Ford, offering public testimony, private, in person, via phone, etc.

But dictating terms under which you're willing to testify? Nope, sorry.

Give Kavanaugh his up or down vote and let's move on.

Plus her initial demand that Kavanaugh not even be permitted to respond to her testimony. Also can't testify on Monday because "doesn't want to get on a plane." I'm having trouble putting stock in what this woman says.
Pancakes are delicious.

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:25 am

Unless you are the ultimate partisan hack it’s quite easy to see that delay is part of the Democrats’ agenda. A little too obvious, frankly.

Again, I hope that both sides are able to work this out. I’m becoming more doubtful, though.

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Unless you are the ultimate partisan hack it’s quite easy to see that delay is part of the Democrats’ agenda. A little too obvious, frankly.

That assessment is quite obvious bullshit, as the GOP has plenty of time to install their judge even after the midterms if they chose to. There is no possible way to delay this into January and little chance that democrats could stop the nomination to go through after that, as it is rather unlikely that the GOP loses its Senate majority.

Him being unfit for the job is the only shit there is, and a smear campaign will hurt the democrats midterm.

Airstud wrote:
I'm having trouble putting stock in what this woman says.

What a surprise... a "conservative" having trouble believing the female victim of a sex crime.....

Plus her initial demand that Kavanaugh not even be permitted to respond to her testimony.

Considering he won't go to prison I don't see any particular reason why she would want to make it harder on herself than it already is. His only possible responses after all are confession or lies.

Best regards
Thomas

Airstud

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:55 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Airstud wrote:
I'm having trouble putting stock in what this woman says.

What a surprise... a "conservative" having trouble believing the female victim of a sex crime.....

We don't actually know that that's what she is.

Airstud wrote:
Plus her initial demand that Kavanaugh not even be permitted to respond to her testimony.

Considering he won't go to prison I don't see any particular reason why she would want to make it harder on herself than it already is. His only possible responses after all are confession or lies.

Best regards
Thomas

How exactly do you know that confession or lies are his "only possible responses?" Have you irrefutable proof that he did this?
Pancakes are delicious.

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 am

Airstud wrote:
How exactly do you know that confession or lies are his "only possible responses?" Have you irrefutable proof that he did this?

While it is certainly possible that she misremembers stuff, long time ago, traumatic event, certainly possible, but for her those are of course the only options.
Unless you want to suggest she lies and started therapy years ago just in case he would be nominated for a high office.

Best regards
Thomad

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am

tommy1808 wrote:
it is certainly possible that she misremembers stuff, long time ago, traumatic event, certainly possible

She can't remember where, when, or even the year. Isn't it equally possible she "misremembered" who it was?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

bennett123

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am

Let’s just get her evidence, including this other guy that she witnessed the incident.

Next get his counter evidence.

Then the committee decide if he is a fit and proper person.

Best to get everything out, rather than appoint him and her taking action against a member of the SCOTUS.

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:42 am

EA CO AS wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
it is certainly possible that she misremembers stuff, long time ago, traumatic event, certainly possible

She can't remember where, when, or even the year. Isn't it equally possible she "misremembered" who it was?

Yup. That is what i said. But I would assume she asked her therapist and unless she feels she remembers largely correct she probably would have said this is not a good idea. But of course still possible.

Best regards
Thomas

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 am

Is Cory Booker going to be allowed to be in the room with Ford? He’s admitted to groping a 15 year old after she pushed his hand away. It seems to me that he should steer clear of Ford unless his only motivation is political grandstanding.

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

That assessment is quite obvious bullshit, as the GOP has plenty of time to install their judge even after the midterms if they chose to.

Hmm... Somebody forgot that the Supreme Court will be hearing some very important cases in October.

D L X

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

I applaud this. The Dems are desperately trying to make Ford Anita Hill 2.0

Yes. The dems went back in time and sexually assaulted a teenager just for this moment.

You’re a sick person if you think this is about the dems.

D L X

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:33 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

Clarence Thomas testifies before Anita Hill.

D L X

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Kavanaugh is not on trial. There is no presumption of anything.

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

That assessment is quite obvious bullshit, as the GOP has plenty of time to install their judge even after the midterms if they chose to.

Hmm... Somebody forgot that the Supreme Court will be hearing some very important cases in October.

Oh, you mean they need a criminal on the bench to get the ruling they want..... or just someone that sees the constitution the way they interpret it?
The motivation alone makes a candidate unsuitable, regardless of personal qualities. You just admitted that the GOP wants to subdue the constitution. So a coup is what they are after....

Best regards
Thomas
Last edited by tommy1808 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnboy

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:59 pm

jetero wrote:

I think the only “correct response” at this point is not to have an opinion one way or the other.

To paraphrase those wry philosophers, the Backstreet Boys, the mods sure do want it that way.

Hmmm, I’m thinking the ultimate right wing partisan hack would say this exact statement, doncha’ think?
Last edited by johnboy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:11 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Oh, you mean they need a criminal on the bench to get the ruling they want..... or just someone that sees the constitution the way they interpret it?
The motivation alone makes a candidate unsuitable, regardless of personal qualities. You just admitted that the GOP wants to subdue the constitution. So a coup is what they are after....

Best regards
Thomas

All I said was that the Democrats have incentive to delay - which is unquestionably true.

910A

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:33 pm

jetero wrote:
This thread, as all before on the taboo subject, is very revealing and I’m sure will age very well.

No substance, just tactics. It’s the usual suspects coming out with their omnisciently conclusive opinions.

:checkmark:

It just amazing to me, how people in real life are airline reservation agents, or work on a golf course are all sudden experts in how the system works, and knows what was in her mind. :sarcastic:

910A

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Senate Judiciary chairman says he’ll give Kavanaugh accuser more time to decide whether to testify before committee...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 092795a5f9

President Trump cast doubt Friday on the credibility of the woman who has accused Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers

The President is so out of line discussing this topic..

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:55 pm

910A wrote:

President Trump cast doubt Friday on the credibility of the woman who has accused Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers

The President is so out of line discussing this topic..

That is just fear talking. Who knows what teenage Trump adventures there are to learn about. Back then he probably didn't use NDA's to make his crimes disappear...
People don't suddenly start being sexual predators when the turn 25 or 30, being the self admitted sexual predators that he is, there will be some notches on his belt from teenage days.

Best regards
Thomas

wingman

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

But Hillary right? Didn't this maggot of a GOP President make it platform of his candidacy to lock her up without due process? Come on man, if you're going wipe your ass with the Constitution don't suddenly pretend you use Charmin when it's your guy taking the heat.

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:48 pm

wingman wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

But Hillary right? Didn't this maggot of a GOP President make it platform of his candidacy to lock her up without due process? Come on man, if you're going wipe your ass with the Constitution don't suddenly pretend you use Charmin when it's your guy taking the heat.

I’m not aware of Trump saying that she should be denied due process, even if he did root for a specific result. But since you made the allegation surely you had some evidence in mind to the contrary. I’m happy to be proven wrong if indeed I am.

And let’s not forget that Trump didn’t actually do anything.

ltbewr

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:06 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

All I said was that the Democrats have incentive to delay - which is unquestionably true.

As I cited here and elsewhere, there are oral arguments scheduled in the first few days of the new SCOTUS session year in October. They include as to the Endangered Species Act (government regulations), employee rights vs employers (for certain categories of employees to not have to be forced into mandatory Arbitration), and the Death Penalty (if can be carried out upon persons of 'diminished mental capacity'). Kvanaugh would have to be a Justice and participate in the oral arguments to be able to vote and opine on them. With him in, it would be 5-4 in favor of demolishing Federal regulations, workers rights and support the Death Penalty.

Sadly, other sound arguments to not vote for Kavanaugh are not enough and indeed are favored by the Republican Senate majority. His work and memos as a lawyer in the Bush 43 White House around and after 9/11, supporting the War on Terror, the Patriot Act, torture, possible perjury as to certain past congressional committee testimony. He was mentored by a US Circuit Court Judge who left the bench due to sexual harassment and discrimination. No doubt Democrats fear Kavanaugh would be part of 5-4 votes that would hurt GLTBQ rights, the enviroment, financial regulations and of course, access to legal Abortion, issues critical to their voters and really an overwhelming majority of Americans. There is also his writings as to Presidential power and authority that are very desired by current Pres. Trump to keep himself in office. Democrats in a corner to try to keep Kavanaugh off the bench and to bash Trump went nuclear, using the issues of the #metoo movement, putting a woman with an accusation from over 35 years ago at grave danger to keep him off.

In the end this will be seen as politics at their ugly worst, turning off more voters for both parties and you know their will be revenge by Republicans the next proposed SCOTUS opening comes up during a Democrat's term in office.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 pm

If the shoe was on the other foot, we know what a "D" majority would do. Confirm "their" person, while disregarding the "R" lawyers demands, and the "R" witness's reluctance to testify...

:spin:

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
If the shoe was on the other foot, we know what a "D" majority would do. Confirm "their" person, while disregarding the "R" lawyers demands, and the "R" witness's reluctance to testify...

Exactly like they all dumped on rapist Trump but Franken got a free pass with everyone hating his victim. .... oh no, wait... he had to resign, the woman was believed ...

I guess you assumption is lacking empirical data to stand on....

Best regards
Thomas

P.s. yeah, I know.. cue Clinton a generation ago...

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:26 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Exactly like they all dumped on rapist Trump but Franken got a free pass with everyone hating his victim. .... oh no, wait... he had to resign, the woman was believed ...

Best regards
Thomas

Franken had to resign because of the photographic evidence. Is that empirical enough for you?? :spin:

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:27 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

A much better analogy, from a factual perspective, would be Tony Cardenas or Cory Booker. Except that Booker has actually admitted to unconsented groping.

Ken777

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:38 pm

The importance of Kavanaugh is basically his "protection" of the President. No indictments t. Trump can Pardon himself. Too busy for investigations calling him to testify. This is a huge problem for Trump and he really wants this don.

The GOP also has a really difficult challenge in that they do not want to face the victim. They certainly do not want to question her so there is a search for a female prosecutor to do the job while the Republicans on the Committee hide behind Cher skirts.

IMO Dr. Ford will testify. If the Democrats on the Committee are allowed to ask questions we will probably find her situation is typical of abused/assaulted women in this country.

I believe that Kavanaugh is your typical rich boy believing he can grope women just like Trump and nothing will happen to him. Republicans on the Committee are more than a little worried and they should be - especially with the election so close,

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:48 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Franken had to resign because of the photographic evidence. Is that empirical enough for you?? :spin:

Empirical data for your claim that democrats would just go and confirm. You have none.

Well, I guess for "conservatives" sexually assaut is only bad if there is photographic evidence..... since your rapist in chief admitting sexual assaults on tape obviously isn't good enough.

So, so Franken had to go without any proof of any crime, since the picture only shows a terrible joke, but no touching and hence no crime. Of course the GOP can't do it like that, there won't be anyone left.

Best regards
Thomas

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:51 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

Well, I guess for "conservatives" sexually assaut is only bad if there is photographic evidence..... since your rapist in chief admitting sexual assaults on tape obviously isn't good enough

Both parties. See, e.g., Bill Clinton, Tony Cardenas, and Cory Booker.

Franken was collateral damage in regard to Judge Moore.

That said, photographic evidence is indeed stronger evidence than memory alone. That’s not at all controversial.

Admissions are very compelling as well - just like Booker’s.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:15 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Empirical data for your claim that democrats would just go and confirm. You have none.

Well, I guess for "conservatives" sexually assaut is only bad if there is photographic evidence..... since your rapist in chief admitting sexual assaults on tape obviously isn't good enough.

So, so Franken had to go without any proof of any crime, since the picture only shows a terrible joke, but no touching and hence no crime. Of course the GOP can't do it like that, there won't be anyone left.

Best regards
Thomas

You will never get this, but I'll say it again, just for the exercise... I believe Trump is a changed man. He is forgiven, by conservative evangelicals. (There is something about forgiveness in the "Book" they use). All is well regrading Donald J. Trump.

Dredging up past sins of this changed and forgiven man, will do nothing to sway not even one conservative vote, period. He's acting in the Best Interests of the United States of America, and that's good enough for me bub. And others are becoming "woke" to this as well.

Judge Kavanaugh has already been vetted by the FBI and given high marks by the legal association professionals.

Stop whining. Your side lost the Election. Elections have consequences. Judge Kavanaugh will be seated on the court very soon.

jetero

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:20 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

You will never get this, but I'll say it again, just for the exercise... I believe Trump is a changed man. He is forgiven, by conservative evangelicals. (There is something about forgiveness in the "Book" they use). All is well regrading Donald J. Trump.

Dredging up past sins of this changed and forgiven man, will do nothing to sway not even one conservative vote, period. He's acting in the Best Interests of the United States of America, and that's good enough for me bub. And others are becoming "woke" to this as well.

Judge Kavanaugh has already been vetted by the FBI and given high marks by the legal association professionals.

Stop whining. Your side lost the Election. Elections have consequences. Judge Kavanaugh will be seated on the court very soon.

Well, bub, there are plenty of us who think your selective take on Christian dogma will catch up with you soon enough.

wingman

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Don’t be such a pedantic twat VT, Trump never said “give her a free and fair trial”, he said “lock her up”. He was shitting on our core principles then just like you and he shit all over them now. But you turn the other cheek at grabbing pussy so it’s no wonder an accusation of attempted rape wouldn’t give you any pause. I guess “fuck women..with OR without their approval” is just how the GOP core rolls these days.

VTKillarney

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:26 pm

wingman wrote:
Don’t be such a pedantic twat VT, Trump never said “give her a free and fair trial”, he said “lock her up”. He was shitting on our core principles then just like you and he shit all over them now. But you turn the other cheek at grabbing pussy so it’s no wonder an accusation of attempted rape wouldn’t give you any pause. I guess “fuck women..with OR without their approval” is just how the GOP core rolls these days.

So to summarize, Trump never made a statement as you alleged and never took actions consistent with such a statement. Gotcha.

If the preponderance of the evidence shows that Kavanaugh molested this woman, I agree that he should not be nominated. The Democrats have still convicted Clarence Thomas despite the investigation exonerating him - which seems rather politically motivated.

Booker has admitted molesting a girl. That’s why I believe that he should step down. I don’t hold Kavanaugh and Booker to a different standard, unlike the Democrats.

tommy1808

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

A changed man would not talk about victims of sexual abuse the way he does. But hey, they already believe fiction over reality, so at least they are consistent.
"Convenient theories daily", the real name of the Bible (Well most religious fiction).

Best regards
Thomas

jetero

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 pm

It’s way more sweeping than that, wingman. The mantra of the Republican Party is to f*ck everyone else over. They seem to feed off of “owning the liberals” just for the sake of doing so, nevermind the consequences for them personally or the country. They are the party of false grievances and smug and shameless retribution.

How else to explain DF’s, “You’re only whining because you lost. Better get used to Kavanaugh because he’s going to get on the Court.” Plenty of others on here think the same. It’s not at all different from the “might as well lay back and enjoy it” attitude. Their response to alleged sexual assaults really shouldn’t be surprising.
Last edited by jetero on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pyrex

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:34 pm

I just find it funny how the neo-Victorian types who constantly, at every given moment, tell us that Europe is oh so superior to the U.S., and that the U.S. should try to copy it in every way possible, also think that unverifiable accusations of advanced groping from 35 years ago, which even if true would get laughed off when assessing someone's suitability for a job in, say, France, should immediately disqualify someone from a job in the U.S.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!