Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DL717

Re: Grassley Scraps Kavanuagh Hearing

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:32 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:

So we got the MSP School of Justice, I.e., have someone sign something under oath and accept it as truth without investigating further. (Not sure how he balances this theory with Ford testifying under oath, but I suspect it has to do with the letter behind her name.)

And now we have the DL717 School of Justice, a crime did not occur unless someone saw it.

You guys are beyond help.

As opposed to the uncooberated form of justice you want to apply. Noted.

People not seeing it occur is one thing. Allegedly walking by everyone there under such trauma and not recalling how you even got there or got home is something completely different.

What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to you? I am sure you will make something up to sound like trauma is not that bad.

I got beat up and had my bike stolen at the age of 9. I walked home, was taken to the doctor by my mother and I had 8 stitches. It happened on a playground at a closed school in August.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

DL717

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:38 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
DL717 wrote:
wingman wrote:

You could quite literally be writing this about the first real moment in Presidential politics where someone or a party set a new low in persecuting a person, and to me that will always be Bill Clinton and after failing in any and all other meaningful charges, asked him to testify under oath about consensual sex, where you guys got him. And you know who got him? Ken Starr and his little angry drunk frat boy, Brett Kavanagh. Brett wrote the questions so Monica could answer whether Bill had any special moles on the underside of his scrotal sack. Come on man, Kavanagh is a joke, he sits up there ranting and raving about how low the Dems have gone here..he's the very person that invented the low, the lowest of the low. He and his fellow angry white men used a young woman as a pawn to trap Bill into lying about sex. Bravo Brett, well done. Just don't start your snivelling, screaming bullshit now and put on this act of faux outrage, you invented the scum, you are the scum.

And Iet's repeat this one more time so we can listen to the extreme right wing crickets on this orum..then the GOP sat on Garland for a year and then they invented the nuclear option and overturned centuries of 2/3rsd precedent for SCOTUS judge confirmations. They brought their special brand of low life scumbaggery to the very last place it was never meant to infect. This is your ride, so fucking own it for once.

Firstly, Clinton was an adult when he committed his alleged crimes against women, I mean trailer trash I think was the term used. Second, Garland came up during a presidential election cycle. This is not. There is a fundamental difference.

You don’t want a conservative court, fine. I don’t want a liberal one and elections have consequences. This is nothing more than trying to run out the clock.

DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Ibid.

Add DL717 to the list. Quelle surprise.

Proud member of such list. I will not standby as the left persists in their barrage of character assasinations in an effort to force their will on society.

They're so cute when they're mad, aren't they DL? They still think that because some hipster douchebag who writes for HuffPost in Brooklyn keeps writing, "due process doesn't matter - it's only a job interview!!!" and "he was a big bad meanie to the Senators who accused him of being a gang rapist so he's not qualified!!!" have any currency with anyone outside of their leftist echo chamber.

Guys, we've heard you. We hear you all the time because your "unbiased" media enablers repeat the same nonsense each and every day. Your arguments are moronic and the desire to eliminate due process is un-American. But more importantly, no one outside of your bubble cares anymore. You are literally talking to yourselves.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Too bad the clock runs out in less than a week.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

jetero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:47 pm

DL717 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Firstly, Clinton was an adult when he committed his alleged crimes against women, I mean trailer trash I think was the term used. Second, Garland came up during a presidential election cycle. This is not. There is a fundamental difference.

You don’t want a conservative court, fine. I don’t want a liberal one and elections have consequences. This is nothing more than trying to run out the clock.

DL717 wrote:

Proud member of such list. I will not standby as the left persists in their barrage of character assasinations in an effort to force their will on society.

They're so cute when they're mad, aren't they DL? They still think that because some hipster douchebag who writes for HuffPost in Brooklyn keeps writing, "due process doesn't matter - it's only a job interview!!!" and "he was a big bad meanie to the Senators who accused him of being a gang rapist so he's not qualified!!!" have any currency with anyone outside of their leftist echo chamber.

Guys, we've heard you. We hear you all the time because your "unbiased" media enablers repeat the same nonsense each and every day. Your arguments are moronic and the desire to eliminate due process is un-American. But more importantly, no one outside of your bubble cares anymore. You are literally talking to yourselves.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Too bad the clock runs out in less than a week.

Especially when it comes to “justice,” eh, DL?

BravoOne

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:51 pm

Someone might have already posted this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... 35e24dfe89

jetero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:54 pm

BravoOne wrote:

Your point being?

bgm

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:08 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
DL717 wrote:
wingman wrote:

You could quite literally be writing this about the first real moment in Presidential politics where someone or a party set a new low in persecuting a person, and to me that will always be Bill Clinton and after failing in any and all other meaningful charges, asked him to testify under oath about consensual sex, where you guys got him. And you know who got him? Ken Starr and his little angry drunk frat boy, Brett Kavanagh. Brett wrote the questions so Monica could answer whether Bill had any special moles on the underside of his scrotal sack. Come on man, Kavanagh is a joke, he sits up there ranting and raving about how low the Dems have gone here..he's the very person that invented the low, the lowest of the low. He and his fellow angry white men used a young woman as a pawn to trap Bill into lying about sex. Bravo Brett, well done. Just don't start your snivelling, screaming bullshit now and put on this act of faux outrage, you invented the scum, you are the scum.

And Iet's repeat this one more time so we can listen to the extreme right wing crickets on this orum..then the GOP sat on Garland for a year and then they invented the nuclear option and overturned centuries of 2/3rsd precedent for SCOTUS judge confirmations. They brought their special brand of low life scumbaggery to the very last place it was never meant to infect. This is your ride, so fucking own it for once.

DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Ibid.

There is due process now. The FBI are investigating.

zkojq

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:34 pm

What I don't understand; if Ford was making this all up, why would she say that Mark Judge was in the room at the same time? She knows that he was/is a friend of BK so is probably going to side with him no matter what the reality is. If she just accused BK then its her word against his, but by testifying that MJ was there also she is making it her word against BK's both and MJ's word.

stratosphere wrote:
There has been a lot of taxpayer money paid out to pay off women who have been sexually assaulted by members of congress. I for one am tired of it all.

Maybe it's time for congresspersons to stop sexually assaulting women?

bgm wrote:
Shouldn't the hysterical drama queen performance of Barty O'K itself be enough to realise that maybe, just maybe, this isn't the best person to be on the highest court of the land?

I know Trump loves to pick duds, but this one sure is a doozy! :spin:

My favourite part was when he accused this of being a big conspiracy setup by the Clintons.
First to fly the 787-9

BravoOne

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:45 pm

jetero wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

Your point being?

Kinda figgered it would go over your little progressive head. No worries as he will probably get confirmed in spite of the likes of Corey Booker. aka Spart for short.

jetero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:46 pm

BravoOne wrote:
jetero wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

Your point being?

Kinda figgered it would go over your little progressive head. No worries as he will probably get confirmed in spite of the likes of Corey Booker. aka Spart for short.

Very helpful, thanks.

DL717

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=104244

On Monday Sept. 17th, Christine Blasey Ford’s high school yearbooks suddenly disappeared from the web. I read them days before, knew they would be scrubbed, and saved them. Why did I know they would be scrubbed? Because if roles were reversed, and Christine Blasey Ford had been nominated for the Supreme Court by President Trump, the headline by the resistance would be this:

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE DRUNKEN WHITE PRIVILEGED RACIST PLAYGIRLS OF HOLTON-ARMS.

Well, you know the Deep State.... The Ends Justify the Means, which includes deception and lying, for the "greater good."

I think at this point we can all agree everyone in all of this, from the prep schools to the universities, they were all privileged playboys and playgirls. I’m not surprised at the yearbook commentary at all.

jetero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm

DL717 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

On Monday Sept. 17th, Christine Blasey Ford’s high school yearbooks suddenly disappeared from the web. I read them days before, knew they would be scrubbed, and saved them. Why did I know they would be scrubbed? Because if roles were reversed, and Christine Blasey Ford had been nominated for the Supreme Court by President Trump, the headline by the resistance would be this:

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE DRUNKEN WHITE PRIVILEGED RACIST PLAYGIRLS OF HOLTON-ARMS.

Well, you know the Deep State.... The Ends Justify the Means, which includes deception and lying, for the "greater good."

I think at this point we can all agree everyone in all of this, from the prep schools to the universities, they were all privileged playboys and playgirls. I’m not surprised at the yearbook commentary at all.

We can?

DL717

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm

jetero wrote:
DL717 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

We can?

So, you can afford what is now adjusted for inflation about $40k-60k a year for a prep school? They live in a different world.

jetero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:29 pm

DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:
DL717 wrote:

We can?

So, you can afford what is now adjusted for inflation about $40k-60k a year for a prep school? They live in a different world.

Sound (and familiar) logic. Prep school is expensive, therefore we can all agree they were playboys and playgirls. Proceed with your shtick. I know the endgame. A guy named Mike once explained it to me.

DL717

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:38 pm

jetero wrote:
DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:

We can?

Sound (and familiar) logic. Prep school is expensive, therefore we can all agree they were playboys and playgirls. Proceed with your shtick. I know the endgame. A guy named Mike once explained it to me.

It seems to me that everyone is claiming everyone were partiers and drinkers, no? As these alleged incidences occured in their teenage years, there certainly wasn’t much parental supervision.

seb146

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:02 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

As opposed to the uncooberated form of justice you want to apply. Noted.

People not seeing it occur is one thing. Allegedly walking by everyone there under such trauma and not recalling how you even got there or got home is something completely different.

What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to you? I am sure you will make something up to sound like trauma is not that bad.

I got beat up and had my bike stolen at the age of 9. I walked home, was taken to the doctor by my mother and I had 8 stitches. It happened on a playground at a closed school in August.

So you had something common happen. Nothing traumatic. You don't know and you obviously do not care.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:06 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
DL717 wrote:
wingman wrote:

DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Ibid.

Take note, voters: this is the current mindset of the Republican party:

They don't care about sexual assault victims.

Seems about right since the only thing they care about is control of every little detail of everyone's lives.

Tell us, what does "unbiased" Fox and "unbiased" Breitbart and "unbiased" AM radio say?

Ken777

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Trump has plenty of time to get another Judge nominated, reviewed and approved before the end of this year - if he doesn't hang onto Kavanaugh. Problem is that Kavanaugh is the one Trump believes will protect him from actions to impeach him next year. McConnell does have two other judges in the wings that will be far easier to get through the Senate so there is time - October, November and December. Three months (except for a week off for the election) and he has his Conservative Judge. Why does he keep on with this unstable guy who publicly disgraced himself in front of the nation last week,

FreequentFlier

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:09 pm

seb146 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
DL717 wrote:

DL717 wrote:

Seems about right since the only thing they care about is control of every little detail of everyone's lives.

Tell us, what does "unbiased" Fox and "unbiased" Breitbart and "unbiased" AM radio say?

Guys, the gig is up. Ford could literally tell you she made the whole thing up, and you’d still think Kavanaugh was a gang rapist.

Remember when you called McCain the greatest monster in history in 2008 and then Romney the greatest monster in 2012? Were you upset when people stopped listening to your boy who cried wolf routine in 2016? Maybe you should have been more responsible earlier, but that’s on you, not us.

Look, you’ll call conservatives pro-rapist regardless of what happens. Your words have no meaning anymore. Stop it - you’re just embarrassing yourself at this point.

If the FBI investigation doesn’t find any find any corroborating evidence, the vote is moving forward next week. You may want to mentally prepare yourself for that.

jetero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:15 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
seb146 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Guys, the gig is up. Ford could literally tell you she made the whole thing up, and you’d still think Kavanaugh was a gang rapist.

Remember when you called McCain the greatest monster in history in 2008 and then Romney the greatest monster in 2012? Were you upset when people stopped listening to your boy who cried wolf routine in 2016? Maybe you should have been more responsible earlier, but that’s on you, not us. I’m

Look, you’ll call conservatives pro-rapist regardless of what happens. Your words have no meaning anymore. Stop it - you’re just embarrassing yourself at this point.

If the FBI investigation doesn’t find any find any corroborating evidence, the vote is moving forward next week. You may want to mentally prepare yourself for that.

OK, just tell us how to proceed Mr Man.

It’s obvious this is important to you because you’ve been losing your sh*t Barty O’K under oath style for 2 weeks, all while making paeans to “reasonableness.” (Did you notice you weren’t taken up on your invitation?)

But glad you’ve got this “gig” figured out!

moo

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 pm

bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Blech blech blech blech.

This board is thick with hypocritical sanctimony from someone who wanted to burn Ford at the stake the moment the accusation was announced.

I guess that’s about right considering it’s Sunday.

She provided nothing and proved nothing. Well scripted though.

People like you are precisely the reason why sexual assault victims do not come forward. They fear they will just be dismissed, exactly as you are doing now.

You are part of the problem.

I was dismissed the first time I reported my sexual abuse - when I was told I could make the allegation again a decade later to a different police force, the reaction was night and day. Within a year, they had expanded from my single accusation to over three dozen victims, including victims after my initial allegation was rejected.

Today, my abuser is in jail and racks up more convictions every year as more victims continue to come forward off the back of the publicity. We all thought we were alone, when in fact we were, and continue to be, an army.

So yes, DL717 is definitely part of the problem.

afcjets

Re: Grassley Scraps Kavanuagh Hea

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:54 pm

[quote="DL717”]

It seems to me that everyone is claiming everyone were partiers and drinkers, no? As these alleged incidences occured in their teenage years, there certainly wasn’t much parental supervision.[/quote]

Very common in the 1980s, now too many kids are into heroin and opioids. The drinking age was only 18 in 1982, so high school seniors could legally purchase alcohol and of course buy it for the younger ones too. It was much more socially acceptable (and legal for some) teenagers to drink. A few years later the age went up to 19 for beer and wine in some states and 21 for liquor and within a couple more years 21 for everything. I was never legal until 21 but kids a couple of years older could still drink at 18 or 19. I went to a public high school and every Friday and Saturday night in 10th thru 12th grade we all drank. Parties with close to 100 kids, whoever’s parents were out of town. Even after the age changed it was easy to get, fake ids were easy to make back then (and some places didn’t even card, especially on the sketchy parts of town) and sometimes we would just sit in our cars in convenience store parking lots and wait for adults who looked like they were cool and ask them to buy it for us. They almost always said yes and said have fun kids, be safe! I felt like the biggest hypocrite about 15 years ago when two hs guys on pch asked if I would buy them beer. I said no way dude and his jaw dropped like he was shocked I said no lol.
Last edited by afcjets on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 am

afcjets wrote:
[quote="DL717”]

It seems to me that everyone is claiming everyone were partiers and drinkers, no? As these alleged incidences occured in their teenage years, there certainly wasn’t much parental supervision.[/quote]

Very common in the 1980s, now too many kids are into heroin and opioids. The drinking age was only 18 in 1982, so high school seniors could legally purchase alcohol for everyone. It was much more socially acceptable (and legal for some) teenagers to drink. A few years later the age went up to 19 for beer and wine in some states and 21 for liquor and within a couple more years 21 for everything. I was never legal until 21 but kids a couple of years older could still drink at 18 or 19. I went to a public high school and every Friday and Saturday night in 10th thru 12th grade we all drank. Parties with close to 100 kids, whoever’s parents were out of town. Even after the age changed it was easy to get, fake ids were easy to make back then (and some places didn’t even card, especially on the sketchy parts of town) and sometimes we would just sit in our cars in convenience store parking lots and wait for adults who looked like they were cool and ask them to buy it for us. They almost always said yes and said have fun kids, be safe! I felt like the biggest hypocrite about 15 years ago when two hs guys on pch asked if I would buy them beer. I said no way dude and his jaw dropped like he was shocked I said no lol.[/quote]

It has already been disproven that Kavanaugh could legally drink in Maryland in high school. Swing and a miss.

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 am

The White House is telling the FBI what it can and can not investigate

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/trump- ... M.facebook

Because they don't want Dr. Ford's story to add up?

afcjets

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Very common in the 1980s, now too many kids are into heroin and opioids. The drinking age was only 18 in 1982, so high school seniors could legally purchase alcohol for everyone. It was much more socially acceptable (and legal for some) teenagers to drink. A few years later the age went up to 19 for beer and wine in some states and 21 for liquor and within a couple more years 21 for everything. I was never legal until 21 but kids a couple of years older could still drink at 18 or 19. I went to a public high school and every Friday and Saturday night in 10th thru 12th grade we all drank. Parties with close to 100 kids, whoever’s parents were out of town. Even after the age changed it was easy to get, fake ids were easy to make back then (and some places didn’t even card, especially on the sketchy parts of town) and sometimes we would just sit in our cars in convenience store parking lots and wait for adults who looked like they were cool and ask them to buy it for us. They almost always said yes and said have fun kids, be safe! I felt like the biggest hypocrite about 15 years ago when two hs guys on pch asked if I would buy them beer. I said no way dude and his jaw dropped like he was shocked I said no lol.

It has already been disproven that Kavanaugh could legally drink in Maryland in high school. Swing and a miss.

You missed the point I was trying to make, as always :duck:

MSPNWA

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:45 am

seb146 wrote:

You really shouldn't go down the trauma road. Scientifically it's not supportive of her testimony. But of course if you listen to the mainstream media and the Democratic Party, they've turned science on its head so it can fit their pre-determined conclusion.

DL717

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:56 am

moo wrote:
bgm wrote:
DL717 wrote:

She provided nothing and proved nothing. Well scripted though.

People like you are precisely the reason why sexual assault victims do not come forward. They fear they will just be dismissed, exactly as you are doing now.

You are part of the problem.

I was dismissed the first time I reported my sexual abuse - when I was told I could make the allegation again a decade later to a different police force, the reaction was night and day. Within a year, they had expanded from my single accusation to over three dozen victims, including victims after my initial allegation was rejected.

Today, my abuser is in jail and racks up more convictions every year as more victims continue to come forward off the back of the publicity. We all thought we were alone, when in fact we were, and continue to be, an army.

So yes, DL717 is definitely part of the problem.

No, the problem is politicians so concerned about her that they don’t immediately launch an investigation into a sitting judge, they sit for two months. A completely absurd thing to do. What, was the plan? Just let him ride off into the sunset if he wasn’t going to the floor?

The problem is people who can’t see when they’re getting played by said politicians.

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Very common in the 1980s, now too many kids are into heroin and opioids. The drinking age was only 18 in 1982, so high school seniors could legally purchase alcohol for everyone. It was much more socially acceptable (and legal for some) teenagers to drink. A few years later the age went up to 19 for beer and wine in some states and 21 for liquor and within a couple more years 21 for everything. I was never legal until 21 but kids a couple of years older could still drink at 18 or 19. I went to a public high school and every Friday and Saturday night in 10th thru 12th grade we all drank. Parties with close to 100 kids, whoever’s parents were out of town. Even after the age changed it was easy to get, fake ids were easy to make back then (and some places didn’t even card, especially on the sketchy parts of town) and sometimes we would just sit in our cars in convenience store parking lots and wait for adults who looked like they were cool and ask them to buy it for us. They almost always said yes and said have fun kids, be safe! I felt like the biggest hypocrite about 15 years ago when two hs guys on pch asked if I would buy them beer. I said no way dude and his jaw dropped like he was shocked I said no lol.

No, I get what you are saying: kids drink anyway so why hold him accountable for his actions? I used to buy beer when I was 19, even though the law had been 21 for a very long time. Does that make it right? Does that excuse me for any possible criminal act I may have committed?

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:46 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You really shouldn't go down the trauma road. Scientifically it's not supportive of her testimony. But of course if you listen to the mainstream media and the Democratic Party, they've turned science on its head so it can fit their pre-determined conclusion.

And a decades old notebook with a few words scribbled in it does not exonerate him. If you had lived through a traumatic event, you would know where her mind is and why there has been a spike in reports of sexual assaults over the past couple of weeks.

Have I told my my trauma surrounding radio towers? Even though your right wing scientific research sides with him, my actual experience sides with her.

MSPNWA

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 am

seb146 wrote:
And a decades old notebook with a few words scribbled in it does not exonerate him. If you had lived through a traumatic event, you would know where her mind is and why there has been a spike in reports of sexual assaults over the past couple of weeks.

Have I told my my trauma surrounding radio towers? Even though your right wing scientific research sides with him, my actual experience sides with her.

Once again, the burden of proof isn't on him (unless you hate the U.S. law process). It's up to Ford to provide evidence that can tie Kavanaugh to that alleged party.

If you understand the scientific of traumatic events, you'd know that memory is generally significantly heightened. The fact that she cannot remember where she was, how she got there, or a time period that's narrow enough to look into is disturbing to her testimony. Those are of the most memorable pieces of my most traumatic moments, and anyone I else I ask. But if you read the mainstream news, you'd be told that an event like this would cause her memory to be weak, excusing the lack of important detail - the details that can be cross-checked for truth I might add. It's scientific nonsense.

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:31 am

MSPNWA wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Once again, the burden of proof isn't on him (unless you hate the U.S. law process). It's up to Ford to provide evidence that can tie Kavanaugh to that alleged party.

And the other women who accuse him of the same drunken acts later in his schooling? You can defend him all you want but, as we know from the current occupant of the White House, the accusers are pretty accurate. Where there is smoke.

You all demanded Hillary be jailed for nothing. You all assume she is guilty even though there is overwhelming proof she is innocent. Pick and choose who you defend and why. It is the Republican way.

If you understand the scientific of traumatic events, you'd know that memory is generally significantly heightened. The fact that she cannot remember where she was, how she got there, or a time period that's narrow enough to look into is disturbing to her testimony. Those are of the most memorable pieces of my most traumatic moments, and anyone I else I ask. But if you read the mainstream news, you'd be told that an event like this would cause her memory to be weak, excusing the lack of important detail - the details that can be cross-checked for truth I might add. It's scientific nonsense.

So, what trauma survivors remember and how they function is meaningless because you read something somewhere? You are so willing to dismiss millions of us because you read something? By your own flawed logic, I can dismiss you as a patriot and America because I have read the Constitution.

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:34 am

Since you righties do not care about sexual assault, how about this?

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/187679662/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1 ... -columbia/

A dentist in Washington DC was killed by an officer. The dentist was in a parked car and was demanded by the officer to exit the car. The jury decided, after deliberation, that the officer was at fault and the stop was unreasonable. The presiding judge, Kavanaugh, threw out the verdict.

As far as Kavanaugh being non-partisan and completely open minded, go read his attack on MSM and Democrats and women in his opening statement from the last hearing.

tommy1808

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I don’t believe Trump’s accusers, they all surfaced the same weekend a couple of weeks before the election, and many were paid.

ummmm.... what? Do you have sources for this? I ask, because, if you believe this, you are probably one of the many who think Dr. Ford is just an opportunist and lying and has every right to receive death threats and so forth.

.... well, maybe there are Craigslist adds for that as well. Just like the adds for paid Trump protesters, that somehow never came with an e-mail address, but an out of service phone number.

Trump promised to sue them for libel, he knows why he didn´t.....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Ken777

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:22 am

MSP looks to be male, based on his disdain for assault/rape victims. It must be galling that a victim felt so strongly against her attacker that she actually sent a letter BEFORE he was selected. What is worse is that her letter has caused other women to come out with public accusations.

Clearly those in love with Kavanaugh will not believe that he could to those things until Kavanaugh slaps them across the face with his little wee-wee. But sex attackers normally won't attack men - they are afraid of being hurt.

tommy1808

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:40 am

Ken777 wrote:
MSP looks to be male, based on his disdain for assault/rape victims..

Well, the Kavanuagh women behind him seem rather disgusted by what he is saying:

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

EA CO AS

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:20 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
MSP looks to be male, based on his disdain for assault/rape victims..

Well, the Kavanuagh women behind him seem rather disgusted by what he is saying:

best regards
Thomas

Or they’re disgusted by the fact that he should have to say any of it to defend himself or his character. They are all friends, family, and colleagues of his, after all....
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

notaxonrotax

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:21 am

Trump bumps into Kavanaugh, turns around and says "Pardon me". Then they both smile.
(B.Maher).

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

afcjets

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:02 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

No, I get what you are saying: kids drink anyway so why hold him accountable for his actions?

Yes! That is exactly what I am saying!!!

I quoted and responded to a post that said that these kids from these private schools seemed to drink a lot and there wasn’t much parental supervision. I pointed out how that was pretty common in the 1980s and how it was the same way at a public hs I went to. If anything, I am saying don’t blame the parents.

zkojq

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:56 am

Why did Kavanaugh lie in his testimony that the statement of Ford's friend exonerates him?

All the witnesses who were there said it didn't happen. Miss Kaiser who's her long time friend said she never saw me at a party with or without Dr Ford.

Except that's not what Ford's friend said at all. She said that she 'does not remember the night in question' and she also said that she 'believes Dr Ford'. Completely different, yet here we have a judicial nominee lying to say that a witness said something that they didn't. For someone who's going for a job where the truth is pretty important, that's not a very trustworthy thing to say.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ittee.html

On Thursday, after listening to testimony from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, several Republican senators said they would vote to confirm the nominee because it’s impossible to determine which witness—Ford or Kavanaugh—is telling the truth. Actually, it’s easy. We don’t know for certain whether Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford. But we do know that Kavanaugh lied repeatedly in his testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Here are some of his lies.

2 “All four witnesses say it didn’t happen.” Each time senators pleaded for an FBI review or a more thorough investigation by the committee, Kavanaugh replied that it wasn’t necessary, since all the people Ford claimed had been at the gathering where the alleged assault occurred had rejected her story. Eight times, Kavanaugh claimed that the witnesses “said it didn’t happen.” Three times, he said the witnesses “refuted” Ford’s story. Four times, Kavanaugh claimed that “Dr. Ford’s longtime friend,” Leland Keyser, had affirmed that the gathering never occurred. That’s a lie. Keyser has stated that she doesn’t recall the gathering—she was never told about the attack, and she was supposedly downstairs while it allegedly occurred upstairs—but that she believes Ford’s story. That isn’t corroboration, but it isn’t refutation or denial, either.

An interesting bit from the yearbook:

“Renate Alumnius”

Thanks to a New York Times article, the American public now knows that this is a reference to Renate Schroeder (now Renate Schroeder Dolphin) — a high school acquaintance of Kavanaugh’s who went to a Catholic girls’ school in the area, and who was one of the 65 women who signed a letter earlier this month attesting that Kavanaugh “behaved honorably and treated women with respect” during his high school years.

Kavanaugh was one of 14 Georgetown Prep students whose yearbook entries made some reference to Renate. (Another student’s yearbook page featured a short poem: “You need a date / And it’s getting late / So don’t hesitate / To call Renate.”) There’s even a picture of “Renate Alumni” in the yearbook, featuring nine football players — including Kavanaugh.

Dolphin appears not to have known about the yearbook in-joke until recently — and when she found out, she was so upset that she withdrew her endorsement of the sign-on letter.

“I don’t know what ‘Renate Alumnus’ actually means,” Dolphin told the Times. “I can’t begin to comprehend what goes through the minds of 17-year-old boys who write such things, but the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue. I pray their daughters are never treated this way.”

The “insinuation” in question is spelled out by two classmates of Kavanaugh’s, who told the Times the yearbook jokes were a form of bragging about sexual “conquest.”

Kavanaugh and his lawyer Alexandra Walsh dispute that characterization — sort of. They say that “Renate Alumnius” is a reference to a single date that Kavanaugh went on with Dolphin, on which they (in the words of Walsh) “shared a brief kiss goodnight.” (Dolphin, for what it’s worth, has no recollection of kissing Kavanaugh and suggests he might have confused her with someone else.)

Kavanaugh told MacCallum that he remained a virgin “well into college.” That doesn’t directly rebut Ford’s allegations — the only ones ostensibly under discussion Thursday. But it does speak to his efforts to portray himself as the opposite of the boorish partier depicted in both Ramirez’s and Ford’s accounts.

Let’s take Kavanaugh at his word. That means that he and 13 of his classmates all made jokes in a yearbook — complete with a group photo — about having gone on dates with a particular girl. And the girl wasn’t in on the “joke.”

While that account is consistent with Kavanaugh’s purported virginity, it still seems a little cruel — and maybe not the actions of someone who “behaved honorably and treated women with respect.”

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/26/17901368/ ... beach-week
First to fly the 787-9

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:50 pm

BravoOne wrote:

Clarence Thomas was accused of sexually harassment in the work place. It was a he said, she said situation with the FBI putting the period on it.

Kavanuagh according to former classmates, his group of friends, and his yearbook postings, had a pattern of drinking and not remember.
This is not a he said she said situation. This is a pattern of behavior, that the FBI been instructed to investigate, under a narrow scope.

what ever that means.

NIKV69

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:18 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Clarence Thomas was accused of sexually harassment in the work place. It was a he said, she said situation with the FBI putting the period on it.

Kavanuagh according to former classmates, his group of friends, and his yearbook postings, had a pattern of drinking and not remember.
This is not a he said she said situation. This is a pattern of behavior, that the FBI been instructed to investigate, under a narrow scope.

what ever that means.

So former classmates said he had a pattern of drinking. Not that he sexually abused or assaulted people. So just because he can't remember he must of done it to Ford?

No wonder this country is so screwed. :vomit:
I am the Googlizer!!!

casinterest

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:35 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

what ever that means.

So former classmates said he had a pattern of drinking. Not that he sexually abused or assaulted people. So just because he can't remember he must of done it to Ford?

Nah, he just lies about his habits and what he did or didn't do. How can you trust someone that can be proven to lie and be as partisan as he is, to have good judgement?
Where ever you go, there you are.

seahawk

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

what ever that means.

As I said some pages back, the drinking habits will become a problem. It is no proof that he assaulted her, but it questions his honesty if it shows, that he lied about them.

wingman

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:37 pm

We may never know the truth about the assault accusations, but looking again and again at his testimony..this is not the kind of person that should be seated on the bench. He's nasty, partisan and clearly has drinking problems. He's consumed with hate and talking about the Clintons..I mean WTF is that all about if not tossing out red meat to the GOP base. He was being just as theatrical and partisan and nasty as he was accusing the Dems of being..in essence accusing them of inventing the accusation and finding a willing person to ruin her life by owning it. If he doesn't actually believe that then you're only left with one horrible situation and that's the one Feinstein found herself in having received a potentially horrifying accusation with a request to keep it private. What do you do with something like that, honor the request and ignore the news, and subsequently let a potential criminal sit on the court? She was faced with zero good options as a senator and a woman.

I agree, it's a terrible and shitty process and very damaging to all parties, the institutions involved and the country. But Kavanagh is a very willing participant, a leader now in fact, of the grotesque spectacle by his own words and behaviour last week. The whole pissed off angle would've been fine as a brief outburst, but doing that whole routine upfront and talking about conspiracies, the Clintons and hitjobs? No, shit like that doesn't belong on the court. If you're going to be an arch conservative seated on the bench then I think the country would be better served by such a person with the gravitas of a Scalia or a Roberts. Kavanagh looks to me like a judge better suited to a wet t-shirt contest. He'll be a stain on the court as long as he sits on it because everything he ever votes or writes on will be viewed through the lens of his own self-confessed hyper partisanship. We have congressmen, senators, presidents and 24 opinion channels for that kind of shit already. That's not what the SCOTUS is supposed to be. And we can never forget who brought us here.

trpmb6

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 pm

@wingman, did you read any of his court opinions? Watch any part of the hearings before these allegations?

Someone accuses you of doing something you didn't you get pretty mad. Especially when your career is on the line.

But at this point "What difference does it make" (to use a famous woman's words). Everybody has made up their minds already. I suspect Flake, Murkowski, Collins, Manchin and possible Donnelly will vote to confirm, they just want an FBI report they can point to and say, see they didn't find anything else to go home with.

jetero

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:57 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
@wingman, did you read any of his court opinions? Watch any part of the hearings before these allegations?

Someone accuses you of doing something you didn't you get pretty mad. Especially when your career is on the line.

But at this point "What difference does it make" (to use a famous woman's words). Everybody has made up their minds already. I suspect Flake, Murkowski, Collins, Manchin and possible Donnelly will vote to confirm, they just want an FBI report they can point to and say, see they didn't find anything else to go home with.

I know thanks to Trumpy Bear it is not cool anymore to hold leaders to higher standards, but as a prospective Supreme Court judge, he did not have to handle that the way he did, regardless of being wrongfully accused or not.

trpmb6

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:07 pm

jetero wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

I know thanks to Trumpy Bear it is not cool anymore to hold leaders to higher standards, but as a prospective Supreme Court judge, he did not have to handle that the way he did, regardless of being wrongfully accused or not.

Hehe, if he had sulked or been unemotional or cried there would be any number of responses that could be applied to say he is unfit. :duck:

wingman

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 pm

I think it was all a calculated act. He knows the game, he wrote the scrotal sack mole questions for Monica to nail Clinton. He's an inventor of the new game, a master of the lowbrow move. Understanding him in this light convinces me more than ever that he not only lied under oath, he has a very sordid past he's trying to hide and it involves both blind rage drunkenness and sexual assault crimes. But you're right trpm6, it doesn't matter one iota. I personally think he'll get confirmed and the only silver lining for me will be the supercharged energy by women nationwide to vote in the midterms and beyond. If we see a 10% lift in that demographic it's going to be a blue sharknado.

Longer term I can only hope that women's rights can be protected at the state level. If not, I think that and gay and colored rights will be be what finally causes the union to break apart. And I'll go with rights over forced Jesus schools and full auto machine guns in Kindergarten every single day of the week. I'm pretty sure this is what we have in store with Kavanagh and our newly minted extreme right wing christian faith SCOTUS. I'll repeat this with every post on the topic, your party made it this way.

trpmb6

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:39 pm

wingman wrote:
I personally think he'll get confirmed and the only silver lining for me will be the supercharged energy by women nationwide to vote in the midterms and beyond. If we see a 10% lift in that demographic it's going to be a blue sharknado.

I am certain the left will be energized. I'm also seeing the conservative base getting energized right now as well in the area I'm from (not that it matters in my area anyways). I think the pollsters are going to have a hard time with this midterm figuring everything out. What you might be seeing in a big city and on the news isn't how things go in other areas.

jetero

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:43 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
jetero wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Hehe, if he had sulked or been unemotional or cried there would be any number of responses that could be applied to say he is unfit. :duck:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not a level-headed, apolitical response exhibiting grace?

seb146

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

what ever that means.

"I don't recall" is how to get around perjury and/or how to get out of everyone knowing the truth. If he was blackout drunk that often that people actually remember him being blackout drunk a number of times, he actually could have done it but just been so drunk he would not remember.

Is no one worried he may relapse or is still hitting the sauce?