Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DL717

Re: Grassley Scraps Kavanuagh Hearing

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:27 am

Pyrex wrote:
It would be only just if/when Kavanaugh gets confirmed, after being sworn in (by Clarence Thomas, of course), he produced a can of beer (Natural Light, naturally) from his judicial robe, punched a hole in it with his judicial gavel and proceeds to shotgun it. If you are going to get the reputation regardless, might as well take advantage of it.

That would be hilarious. A beer bong would be a bit too much, but I’d take it.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

aviationaware

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:59 am

jetero wrote:
Totally HUGE. :sarcastic:

You probably don't know this, but witness tampering is a federal crime. 18 USC Section 1512.

bagoldex wrote:

That wasn't what I said, dumbass. Why don't you read a few cases and summarize them to explain your support for Kavanaugh or at the very least outline what decisions you hope he'll contribute to that will improve your quality of life.

It is not the Supreme Courts job to make your life better but to uphold the constitution as written. The Supreme Court was not set up to legislate as the left wants it to do. There is a separate branch of the government that is supposed to do that, and that's congress. Unfortunately, congress (not just the Democrats) has surrendered much of its power to the executive because they were too complacent to make tough decisions.
The liberals are exploding now because not only don't they control any part of congress (and after this shit show their chances of doing so from November have diminished quite significantly), but now they also don't control the Supreme Court and can't legislate through that. The left lost control of all 3 branches of the government and of course they fought tooth and nail.

seb146

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:41 am

seahawk wrote:
The amazing thing for me is that the Americans discuss if he did or did not assault Ford, but imho that is much of less of a question than the total inability for the job he showed during his hearing.

No empathy for the possible victim, no respect, bad tempered, clearly partisan and nearly conspiracy theorist crazy. Such a person should not take such an important position.

Yes, that is being discussed as well. How much he loves beer and how shouty he is and attacking his questioners and the media instead. A lot of people have been saying this. But, the right focuses on what a slut she was and how she should not have been drunk and putting 100% if the blame on her.

Two people were involved here. Righties only blame one person. Because everyone does it and boys will be boys and it was so long ago and his shouting shows passion.

Hillary shouted too when she accepted blame for Benghazi. Why were righties not praising her and defending her? One word: her.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:42 am

Another thing occurs to me:

Republicans were hyper concerned with women being sexually assaulted just a couple of years ago. Remember? Men would simply put on dresses, waltz into any public restroom and sexually assault every woman and girl? We needed to defend every woman and girl then but now they are all evil? What the hell happened?

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:11 am

aviationaware wrote:
jetero wrote:

You probably don't know this, but witness tampering is a federal crime. 18 USC Section 1512.

Oh honey, we better send Barty O’Texter to the Slammer then.

You’re not very smart, are you?

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:14 am

aviationaware wrote:
jetero wrote:

bagoldex wrote:

That wasn't what I said, dumbass. Why don't you read a few cases and summarize them to explain your support for Kavanaugh or at the very least outline what decisions you hope he'll contribute to that will improve your quality of life.

It is not the Supreme Courts job to make your life better but to uphold the constitution as written. The Supreme Court was not set up to legislate as the left wants it to do. There is a separate branch of the government that is supposed to do that, and that's congress. Unfortunately, congress (not just the Democrats) has surrendered much of its power to the executive because they were too complacent to make tough decisions.
The liberals are exploding now because not only don't they control any part of congress (and after this shit show their chances of doing so from November have diminished quite significantly), but now they also don't control the Supreme Court and can't legislate through that. The left lost control of all 3 branches of the government and of course they fought tooth and nail.

Fundamental problem with the left. Why amend the constitution when you can get a liberal judge to do it for you.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 am

Placate yourselves with the Liberal Anti-Kavanaugh Senators giving speeches even now at this hour!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWjgDC3cqY
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:05 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Placate yourselves with the Liberal Anti-Kavanaugh Senators giving speeches even now at this hour!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWjgDC3cqY

You’re right up there with the finest of Americans, DF, as always.

Would love to know what your grievance is to taunt 60% of your fellow Americans.

Very North Texas.

afcjets

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Wow did Collin's nail it. Such bravery from an elected official. Manchin too. At least we are done with this madness. Now you can go back to blaming Russia for Hillary losing.

“Now you can go back to blaming Russia for Hillary losing.”

Russian meddling is pretty much an accepted fact by those of us living in reality. The thought of another conservative simpleton on the high court is scary enough. We don’t need the added terror of people that willingly ignore the interference of a foreign enemy when it means their side wins.

You can sleep tight Justin, Obama is not coming back.

afcjets

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:22 am

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of conservative leaning a.netters are starting to post here? If so I wonder if this is a microcosm of what’s happening in America, people so sick of the left and their tactics which are becoming more and more desperate, that the right is finally fighting back.

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:23 am

afcjets wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Wow did Collin's nail it. Such bravery from an elected official. Manchin too. At least we are done with this madness. Now you can go back to blaming Russia for Hillary losing.

“Now you can go back to blaming Russia for Hillary losing.”

Russian meddling is pretty much an accepted fact by those of us living in reality. The thought of another conservative simpleton on the high court is scary enough. We don’t need the added terror of people that willingly ignore the interference of a foreign enemy when it means their side wins.

You can sleep tight Justin, Obama is not coming back.

At times like this, I think, “What will I do when Trump is not President, and there is a new president?” to anyone of a number of a posters.

The last thing I think I’ll say is “You can sleep tight afcjets, Trump is not coming back.”

What a “base” of absolute MORONS. And we got some great geriatric guys on here who have finally discovered their strength! Rock on DL717 and DF!!!! (Couldn’t you have been successful at a normal age and not take your own failings out on us?)
Last edited by jetero on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 am

Imagine this much hate filled, vile, ignorant glee from the left. It will never happens since anyone who speaks truth to power against hair fuhrer will be jailed.....

texdravid

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:43 am

All the tears on CNN and MSNBC tonight. What a victory for Kavanaugh and Trump!

The rule of law and presumption of innocence won today more than Kavanaugh.

Democrats such as Schumer and Feinstein gambled that a 11th hour hitjob combined with over the top sleaziness from its far left base would cause Kavanaugh and Trump to fold. They were wrong and ironically it has caused the midterm polls to tighten and could lead to losses in many races nationwide.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:45 am

seb146 wrote:
Imagine this much hate filled, vile, ignorant glee from the left. It will never happens since anyone who speaks truth to power against hair fuhrer will be jailed.....

Seb, that’s just it. No one from our “side” would be posting messages like “ha ha ha you guys have lost, and you guys have lost so bad you put a judge on the Supreme Court who will now be more against “you guys.”

Anyway it’s the right, it’s the way it’s always been. Nothing to see here.

aviationaware

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:06 am

jetero wrote:
Seb, that’s just it. No one from our “side” would be posting messages like “ha ha ha you guys have lost, and you guys have lost so bad you put a judge on the Supreme Court who will now be more against “you guys.”

That is true. But do you know what's also true? The fact that you would never, ever see a conservative paid for by a billionaire activist ambush a Senator in the elevator to scream and yell at him for several minutes. You'll never see us mob up on a college campus to infringe on your right to free speech like the left routinely does now. The general rabidness and zeal that you see from the left you will never see from the right.

Jouhou

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

aviationaware wrote:
jetero wrote:

That is true. But do you know what's also true? The fact that you would never, ever see a conservative paid for by a billionaire activist ambush a Senator in the elevator to scream and yell at him for several minutes. You'll never see us mob up on a college campus to infringe on your right to free speech like the left routinely does now. The general rabidness and zeal that you see from the left you will never see from the right.

LOL.

I don't even know how to even process this. Incorrect on so many levels, y'all just accuse the "the left" of everything the gop is *actually* doing.

Regardless I just came here to show my disgust at the current rhetoric of the right. I feel like I've just been dropped into Afghanistan with how women are being talked about now. How we need to stay silent because sexual assault is almost never provable. How men are the real victims because they can be accused of sexual assault. Except they can't be charged with a crime with allegations alone. DON'T WORRY, RAPISTS STILL WONT BE PROSECUTED. You can calm down now. Meanwhile myself and every woman I know has been assaulted/raped at some point in their lives but never report it to authorities because we will just be dragged through the mud.

The point has always been to teach your damn sons to not be rapists and if you are an old man who has assaulted a woman, you should be ashamed of yourself.

The fact that there's multiple reasons why Kavanaugh is unfit for the supreme court is a separate issue entirely. Stop conflating the two and allowing political rage to fuel rants that completely demean women.
情報

Jouhou

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:26 am

afcjets wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of conservative leaning a.netters are starting to post here? If so I wonder if this is a microcosm of what’s happening in America, people so sick of the left and their tactics which are becoming more and more desperate, that the right is finally fighting back.

It's because American aviation enthusiasts are a bunch of middle aged white dudes, which is literally the only demographic that leans heavily "conservative". I don't know about people's ethnic backgrounds here, but I still have not come across another woman on here yet.

"Liberals" are largely non-white and/or female.

And I'm speaking in terms of demography. I'm not saying that everyone fits a mold, this is just what statistics show.
情報

aviationaware

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 am

Jouhou wrote:
It's because American aviation enthusiasts are a bunch of middle aged white dudes, which is literally the only demographic that leans heavily "conservative". I don't know about people's ethnic backgrounds here, but I still have not come across another woman on here yet.

I am a white gay conservative Jew in my 20s. I have been conservative for as long as I can think, despite being part of several heavily D minorities. Thanks for trying the identity politics card, it did not work and all this "only middle aged white men are conservative" crap does not get any truer from constant repetition.

Jouhou wrote:
Regardless I just came here to show my disgust at the current rhetoric of the right. I feel like I've just been dropped into Afghanistan with how women are being talked about now. How we need to stay silent because sexual assault is almost never provable. How men are the real victims because they can be accused of sexual assault. Except they can't be charged with a crime with allegations alone. DON'T WORRY, RAPISTS STILL WONT BE PROSECUTED. You can calm down now. Meanwhile myself and every woman I know has been assaulted/raped at some point in their lives but never report it to authorities because we will just be dragged through the mud.

The point has always been to teach your damn sons to not be rapists and if you are an old man who has assaulted a woman, you should be ashamed of yourself.

The fact that there's multiple reasons why Kavanaugh is unfit for the supreme court is a separate issue entirely. Stop conflating the two and allowing political rage to fuel rants that completely demean women.

I am sorry you were sexually abused. What exactly does this have to do with Judge Kavanaugh, who obviously never assaulted or abused anyone? The willingness to throw due process out of the window in order to "believe victims" can only be explained with clouded judgement. Judge Kavanaugh is not unfit to serve at the Supreme Court, but you are obviously unfit to make a facts based decision on this.

Jouhou

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 am

aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

I am a white gay conservative Jew in my 20s. I have been conservative for as long as I can think, despite being part of several heavily D minorities. Thanks for trying the identity politics card, it did not work and all this "only middle aged white men are conservative" crap does not get any truer from constant repetition.

Jouhou wrote:

I am sorry you were sexually abused. What exactly does this have to do with Judge Kavanaugh, who obviously never assaulted or abused anyone? The willingness to throw due process out of the window in order to "believe victims" can only be explained with clouded judgement. Judge Kavanaugh is not unfit to serve at the Supreme Court, but you are obviously unfit to make a facts based decision on this.

You have seemingly ignored both of my disclaimers:

And I'm speaking in terms of demography. I'm not saying that everyone fits a mold, this is just what statistics show.

Also I never mentioned sexuality. Or religion.

The fact that there's multiple reasons why Kavanaugh is unfit for the supreme court is a separate issue entirely. Stop conflating the two and allowing political rage to fuel rants that completely demean women

My point is that conservatives are overwhelmingly conflating the two subjects creating a horrifyingly hostile situation for women right now. Just stop. I can tolerate your partisan bullshit to an extent, but stop saying women can't speak out without "proof". It's not like telling our stories results in arrests.

Also Kavanaughs innocence was never proven. Nor disproved. It was never a trial.
情報

aviationaware

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:18 am

Jouhou wrote:
My point is that conservatives are overwhelmingly conflating the two subjects creating a horrifyingly hostile situation for women right now. Just stop. I can tolerate your partisan bullshit to an extent, but stop saying women can't speak out without "proof". It's not like telling our stories results in arrests.

You can speak out without proof, under two conditions:
1) You accept that without ANY kind of proof, not even corroboration of basic circumstances by witnesses (and not even close friends as a matter of fact), nobody with a brain will believe you (and rightly so).
2) You accept that if it turns out you wrongfully accused a person, you will got to jail and get sued for damages.

This is not a joking matter. If you accuse someone of something as severe as sexual assault, then be ready to back it up. That is really not asking too much. At least have someone who can confirm that you were in the place you claim it happened at the time you claim it happened. That is the bare minimum, and there was none of this in the Kavanaugh case.

Also, the only relevant accusation against Kavanaugh was the first one by Ford. The other 'credible' allegation by Ramirez was just ludicrous. Anyone claiming that someone flashing their penis at them at a party caused psychological harm to them is a hypocritical bullshitter. Or should I run out in public because a girl who once flashed her breasts at me during a game of spin-the-bottle was nominated for a public position? Just ridiculous.

Jouhou wrote:
Also Kavanaughs innocence was never proven. Nor disproved. It was never a trial.

Even at a trial, reasonable doubt would have resulted in this case being thrown out rapidly.

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:21 am

OH the glimpses we get into AA’s (sadly overcompensating) mind, piece by piece.

It’s becoming more transparent than before he’s an absolute and total nutter. :bigthumbsup:

Stay away from this guy!

marcelh

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 am

I think that this discussion does make it clear how poisoned the US politics are. And it’s getting worse day by day.

Pyrex

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:56 am

At trial? Heck, no reasonable prosecutor would ever being this case to trial.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

THS214

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 pm

[quote="aviationaware"][quote="Jouhou"]

Have you been white gay conservative jew on your own or because you are teached to be so?

Anyone at their 20's are wrong when they have strong opinions. Been there done that. At that age we all believe that we know everything. 20 years from now you are either laughing or embarrassed of your opinion.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:14 pm

afcjets wrote:

Pretty much.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:23 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

1) You accept that without ANY kind of proof, not even corroboration of basic circumstances by witnesses (and not even close friends as a matter of fact), nobody with a brain will believe you (and rightly so).
2) You accept that if it turns out you wrongfully accused a person, you will got to jail and get sued for damages.

This is not a joking matter. If you accuse someone of something as severe as sexual assault, then be ready to back it up. That is really not asking too much. At least have someone who can confirm that you were in the place you claim it happened at the time you claim it happened. That is the bare minimum, and there was none of this in the Kavanaugh case.

Also, the only relevant accusation against Kavanaugh was the first one by Ford. The other 'credible' allegation by Ramirez was just ludicrous. Anyone claiming that someone flashing their penis at them at a party caused psychological harm to them is a hypocritical bullshitter. Or should I run out in public because a girl who once flashed her breasts at me during a game of spin-the-bottle was nominated for a public position? Just ridiculous.

Jouhou wrote:

Even at a trial, reasonable doubt would have resulted in this case being thrown out rapidly.

If no one had been there, we would have had to given her the benefit of the doubt. The problem is she pointed directly at people who were allegedly there and suggested they would be able to back up her story and everyone of them said they didn’t know what the heck she was taking about. There were more holes in her story than Swiss cheese. Starting with the “I want to remain anonomous” nonsense as she was reaching out to the Washington Post and lawyering up with the Dems. The timing with Feinstein was the first tip off that this was BS. It went down hill from there.

They rolled the dice that if the allegation alone came out, he’d step aside, but instead he called their bluff. That took stones in the “tell your truth” not “tell the truth” era.

marcelh

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:45 pm

DL717 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Pretty much.

And what is that “so sick of the left and their tactics?” Looking across the pond I don’t see a real difference. It’s just Democrats versus Republicans and the extremists on both sides are getting stronger.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:49 pm

marcelh wrote:
DL717 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Pretty much.

And what is that “so sick of the left and their tactics?”

Are you kidding me?

seb146

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:46 pm

aviationaware wrote:
jetero wrote:

You are right. Just mass shootings and neo-Nazi rallies and campaign contribution mailers designed to look like bills that MUST be paid. Not actually confront our elected officials. Just intimidating and lying. And we better not talk about voter suppression and moving the goal posts when Republicans lose so they can continue to claim victory.

seb146

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:52 pm

marcelh wrote:
DL717 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Pretty much.

And what is that “so sick of the left and their tactics?” Looking across the pond I don’t see a real difference. It’s just Democrats versus Republicans and the extremists on both sides are getting stronger.

We have one unhinged side screaming for rights for a select few because they believe they have lost their identity and the other unhinged side screaming for rights for all because they want identity. Both look ridiculous depending on which infotainment outlet you see. Unfortunately, to the outside world, that is what this country looks like because violence sells more and gets more viewers.

seahawk

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:26 pm

DL717 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Jouhou wrote:

If no one had been there, we would have had to given her the benefit of the doubt. The problem is she pointed directly at people who were allegedly there and suggested they would be able to back up her story and everyone of them said they didn’t know what the heck she was taking about. There were more holes in her story than Swiss cheese. Starting with the “I want to remain anonomous” nonsense as she was reaching out to the Washington Post and lawyering up with the Dems. The timing with Feinstein was the first tip off that this was BS. It went down hill from there.

They rolled the dice that if the allegation alone came out, he’d step aside, but instead he called their bluff. That took stones in the “tell your truth” not “tell the truth” era.

It would have taken stones to deny the allegations in a respectful manner that showed understanding and compassion for the woman and understanding for the investigation. It would have taken stones to try to bridge the gap to the Democrats and it would have taken stones to remain in a politically neutral position regardless. It did not take stones to deepen the divide and go down the conspiracy theory road, that was ass kissing to the Republicans and Trump, but it probably showed his true face.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:38 pm

seahawk wrote:
DL717 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

It would have taken stones to deny the allegations in a respectful manner that showed understanding and compassion for the woman and understanding for the investigation. It would have taken stones to try to bridge the gap to the Democrats and it would have taken stones to remain in a politically neutral position regardless. It did not take stones to deepen the divide and go down the conspiracy theory road, that was ass kissing to the Republicans and Trump, but it probably showed his true face.

To hell with that. This wasn’t just an attempt to keep him off the court. This was an effort to wreck his life and everyone in it. The left is completely unhinged right now shouting down and trying to destroy everyone who doesn’t agree with them. Time to fight fire with fire. Bring it.

What takes stone is ripping these intolerant fascists to pieces.
Last edited by DL717 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm

I
DL717 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
DL717 wrote:

To hell with that. This wasn’t just an attempt to keep him off the court. This was an effort to wreck his life and everyone in it. The left is completely unhinged right now shouting down and trying to destroy everyone who doesn’t agree with them. Time to fight fire with fire. Bring it.

Yeah “the left” are definitely the unhinged ones :sarcastic:

marcelh

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 pm

DL717 wrote:
marcelh wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Pretty much.

Are you kidding me?

No, I’m not. Because IMO it is much more than just the soap of Kavanaugh

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 pm

jetero wrote:
I
DL717 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Take a look around Francis. Who’s in the streets having a meltdown? Who shouts down people in restaurants? Yes, the left is completely unhinged.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 pm

marcelh wrote:
DL717 wrote:
marcelh wrote:

Are you kidding me?

No, I’m not. Because IMO it is much more than just the soap of Kavanaugh

You’re right. It’s the left and their disgusting behavior when it comes to people who don’t tow their line.

jetero

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm

DL717 wrote:
jetero wrote:
I
DL717 wrote:

Take a look around Francis. Who’s in the streets having a meltdown? Who shouts down people in restaurants? Yes, the left is completely unhinged.

Ok buddy

seahawk

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm

DL717 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
DL717 wrote:

If we believe that "the left" are fascists and you fight fire with fire, it makes you a fascist too. Amazing, no?

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm

seahawk wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

If we believe that "the left" are fascists and you fight fire with fire, it makes you a fascist too. Amazing, no?

Nope. They can say whatever they want, I’m just done tolerating their shout down tactics. They are the least aware people on the planet spilling their drivel in public like everyone head nods with them. Time to start calling these clowns out instead of sitting there quietly listening to their rants.

Mr. Kavanaugh is the next Justice. Amazon is now air dropping Kleenex for those who need it.

Dutchy

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 pm

So this judge is in, while he has been less than truthful. Shameful for such an honorable institution.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

atcsundevil

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Please express your opinions without endorsing or inciting violence.

✈️ atcsundevil

BN747

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Two weeks ago, I wrote somewhere in this thread that Brett Drunk Rapist Kavanaugh would remove himself from consideration upon additional claims of sexual miscounduct.

I was wrong.

I was operating under a few apparently 'errant principles'.

I believed that MOST judges had a decent amount of integrity and a disdain and embarrassment threshold for 'telling lies'..

Apparently, this fella, this sub-human scoundrel (just like Clarence Thomas)... is outside those guard rails.

Recently released text msgs show this creep ran a obstruction campaign on telling people what and what not to say if the FBI came knocking.

He stated he did not 'watch' Dr. Ford testify before Congress - and that's exactly what a GUILTY man would do...because an INNOCENT man would watch and hang onto every word
an accuser would utter. The GUILTY man would never do this because he's afraid to look himself in the mirror for it might show himself to be who he really is.

His best friend who was placed at the scene of the crime, was never hauled before Congress and placed under oath...instead he was hidden away and never called upon - that is a travesty.

This tragic American event has shown the world that America is now and headed down hill outpacing all those nations we've called 'Banana Republics, Kangaroo Court justice, rubber stamped Legislatures, Russian justice, etc..

We now have a grand theft level tax cheat and traitor leading the country.

A Congress that places any and everything above principles and patriotism.

A Supreme Court tainted by two seated First Class Sexual Predators - while the door is open, let's just add a few staunch 1950s vintage racists to the bench to even things out while we are headed down the drain.

I have to believe in Natural Laws (physics, quantum mechanics, etc) because they are unequivocal and don't waver for anyone verses human/man-made American law/justice.

American law/justice is like jello, it can change and reshape on a whim and stand up to nothing.

They used to say 'America has a political and justice system' second to none'...when people said and believed that... of course many Americans (women, people of color) knew better, that segment of American knew it was not true. They knew America was a lie the day the Declaration of Independence was signed. They that lie was forever shrined in stone with it's Constitution.

America has lied from day one and has continued to do so in every single war/skirmish it's been in. On a micro level, millions of people, since day one, have been done egregious wrongs standing before the 'icons of justice' (if the were lucky enough to make it there while breathing'...

As a kid and starting to see lies being sugar coated and teachers, professors telling incomplete truths or outright lies - Dems, Repubs, Indys as well. And I've always asked...

..a what point will the lies stop? When will they end?

Conclusion - they never will. Not as long as men, a certain type, remains in power - in any nation.

Men are wired to lie, it's in their DNA. It goes back to the Bible and beyond.

Book of Jacob says 'I've seen the face of god...."
Book of John says "No man has seen the face of god...."

....they both can't be true. One is a lie.

So why would America start off any different? ....so it's beginnings being based in lies is no different than the Bible.

Today's confirming of this very flawed person to this unique elevated position to lord of this 'Nation of Laws' is just a slab of liars as the stack keeps growing and growing.

Our country did not win and fans by doing what they did today...it added to the growing list of America watchers worldwide in their thinking that 'America is just like us, full of liars, cheats and their justice is a joke. The gang rapers in India and Pakistan had to cheer this move along with seedy creeps in this nation who live among us. They are ones who are elated about this....it's more than 'a win'. It's and endorsement of ill-character and a huge validation of the disrespect of women.

Not a message America should signal to the world as it's preeminent leader.

No more 'third world' jokes please....we are now being run just like one.

No end to the lies, I have my lifelong answer, LIES ...it is our future. There is no other path.

DL717 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Nope. They can say whatever they want, I’m just done tolerating their shout down tactics. They are the least aware people on the planet spilling their drivel in public like everyone head nods with them. Time to start calling these clowns out instead of sitting there quietly listening to their rants.

Mr. Kavanaugh is the next Justice. Amazon is now air dropping Kleenex for those who need it.

You could have simply said you have 'no shame'...why all words to say that.

Or if you're trying to say you stand for something - just what might that be?

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

jetwet1

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:42 pm

aviationaware wrote:

It is not the Supreme Courts job to make your life better but to uphold the constitution as written.

Not true, their job is to uphold the constitution as interpreted, over the years interpretations change, laws change, as we can find even in this thread, give two people with two different view points the same text hey can come up with two totally different interpretations of that text.

DL717 wrote:

Fundamental problem with the left. Why amend the constitution when you can get a liberal judge to do it for you.

Read what I wrote above, it works both ways.

aviationaware wrote:
That is true. But do you know what's also true? The fact that you would never, ever see a conservative paid for by a billionaire activist ambush a Senator in the elevator to scream and yell at him for several minutes.

Hang on what ???????

Okay, Dean Heller (R NV) said that he would vote against the plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act. After pressure from Trump and Adelson (a billionaire activist) he voted for it.....BTW, I should also note, Adelson provides free healthcare for all his employees.

Back to the topic, it will be interesting to see if someone now files a case going after Planned Parenthood v Casey.

"

ltbewr

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Basically, White Males won again. I suspect that during or in the next court term, we will see a number of cases to try to end all affirmative action and related programs, reduce voting rights of the poor and non-White, give police total absolution if they use their guns even if against unarmed suspects, repression of 'liberal' protests, further evisceration of worker's rights, narrowing of Roe v. Wade (by allowing states to virtually ban in in tangential ways) , allow religious groups to get tax monies to run schools and avoid liability for sexual and financial abuses.
I hope you 'Conservatives' are happy you now have an activist false Conservative SCOTUS and someday soon you will recognize how it will affect your lives in ways you will say you were dead wrong. When you can't afford health care. Have to pay face your daughter or sister or female friend who was raped has to go 1000 miles and spend $1000's to get a legal abortion or bear that child. When government can take your land without enough compensation, destroy your drinking water due to lack of regulations, you choke on dirty air, you will see how wrong you were.
I am very afraid it will take another Great Depression, as happened in 1929-37 to realize how wrong you Conservatives are and will switch sides to Liberals to survive.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:13 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Basically, White Males won again. I suspect that during or in the next court term, we will see a number of cases to try to end all affirmative action and related programs, reduce voting rights of the poor and non-White, give police total absolution if they use their guns even if against unarmed suspects, repression of 'liberal' protests, further evisceration of worker's rights, narrowing of Roe v. Wade (by allowing states to virtually ban in in tangential ways) , allow religious groups to get tax monies to run schools and avoid liability for sexual and financial abuses.
I hope you 'Conservatives' are happy you now have an activist false Conservative SCOTUS and someday soon you will recognize how it will affect your lives in ways you will say you were dead wrong. When you can't afford health care. Have to pay face your daughter or sister or female friend who was raped has to go 1000 miles and spend $1000's to get a legal abortion or bear that child. When government can take your land without enough compensation, destroy your drinking water due to lack of regulations, you choke on dirty air, you will see how wrong you were.
I am very afraid it will take another Great Depression, as happened in 1929-37 to realize how wrong you Conservatives are and will switch sides to Liberals to survive.

Wow. It really is worse than election night.

DfwRevolution

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Not true, their job is to uphold the constitution as interpreted, over the years interpretations change, laws change, as we can find even in this thread, give two people with two different view points the same text hey can come up with two totally different interpretations of that text.

Nope. The entire purpose of a constitutional document is to articulate that which does not change. If you want to change it, then you amend it. You do not "reinterpret it."

ltbewr wrote:

It's always the end of the world when conservatives win. Save some hyperbole for when Amy Coney Barrett replaces Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the court.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

LittleSprocket

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm

BN747 wrote:
Two weeks ago, I wrote somewhere in this thread that Brett Drunk Rapist Kavanaugh would remove himself from consideration upon additional claims of sexual miscounduct.

I was wrong.

I was operating under a few apparently 'errant principles'.

I believed that MOST judges had a decent amount of integrity and a disdain and embarrassment threshold for 'telling lies'..

Apparently, this fella, this sub-human scoundrel (just like Clarence Thomas)... is outside those guard rails.

Recently released text msgs show this creep ran a obstruction campaign on telling people what and what not to say if the FBI came knocking.

He stated he did not 'watch' Dr. Ford testify before Congress - and that's exactly what a GUILTY man would do...because an INNOCENT man would watch and hang onto every word
an accuser would utter. The GUILTY man would never do this because he's afraid to look himself in the mirror for it might show himself to be who he really is.

His best friend who was placed at the scene of the crime, was never hauled before Congress and placed under oath...instead he was hidden away and never called upon - that is a travesty.

This tragic American event has shown the world that America is now and headed down hill outpacing all those nations we've called 'Banana Republics, Kangaroo Court justice, rubber stamped Legislatures, Russian justice, etc..

We now have a grand theft level tax cheat and traitor leading the country.

A Congress that places any and everything above principles and patriotism.

A Supreme Court tainted by two seated First Class Sexual Predators - while the door is open, let's just add a few staunch 1950s vintage racists to the bench to even things out while we are headed down the drain.

I have to believe in Natural Laws (physics, quantum mechanics, etc) because they are unequivocal and don't waver for anyone verses human/man-made American law/justice.

American law/justice is like jello, it can change and reshape on a whim and stand up to nothing.

They used to say 'America has a political and justice system' second to none'...when people said and believed that... of course many Americans (women, people of color) knew better, that segment of American knew it was not true. They knew America was a lie the day the Declaration of Independence was signed. They that lie was forever shrined in stone with it's Constitution.

America has lied from day one and has continued to do so in every single war/skirmish it's been in. On a micro level, millions of people, since day one, have been done egregious wrongs standing before the 'icons of justice' (if the were lucky enough to make it there while breathing'...

As a kid and starting to see lies being sugar coated and teachers, professors telling incomplete truths or outright lies - Dems, Repubs, Indys as well. And I've always asked...

..a what point will the lies stop? When will they end?

Conclusion - they never will. Not as long as men, a certain type, remains in power - in any nation.

Men are wired to lie, it's in their DNA. It goes back to the Bible and beyond.

Book of Jacob says 'I've seen the face of god...."
Book of John says "No man has seen the face of god...."

....they both can't be true. One is a lie.

So why would America start off any different? ....so it's beginnings being based in lies is no different than the Bible.

Today's confirming of this very flawed person to this unique elevated position to lord of this 'Nation of Laws' is just a slab of liars as the stack keeps growing and growing.

Our country did not win and fans by doing what they did today...it added to the growing list of America watchers worldwide in their thinking that 'America is just like us, full of liars, cheats and their justice is a joke. The gang rapers in India and Pakistan had to cheer this move along with seedy creeps in this nation who live among us. They are ones who are elated about this....it's more than 'a win'. It's and endorsement of ill-character and a huge validation of the disrespect of women.

Not a message America should signal to the world as it's preeminent leader.

No more 'third world' jokes please....we are now being run just like one.

No end to the lies, I have my lifelong answer, LIES ...it is our future. There is no other path.

DL717 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

You could have simply said you have 'no shame'...why all words to say that.

Or if you're trying to say you stand for something - just what might that be?

BN747

The problem with what you are saying is that there was NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that he had assaulted someone. This country was founded on the principle that you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. If EVERY witness stated it never happened and there was no physical proof...well then it must not have happened.

The burden of proof is on the accuser plain and simple.

Now back to my hiatus while yall cry that the world is ending.

DL717

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Judge Kavanaugh will become Justice Kavanaugh tonight. Constitution hereby protected.

Pyrex

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:31 pm

I went to buy a few beers to celebrate the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh. My local liquor store allows you to build your own six pack, so I got an eclectic combination of different types of beer. When ringing me out, the shop attendant told me "That is quite an interesting combination of beer", to which I replied "I like beer". It was awesome.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

Ken777

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm

We are at a point where Kavanaugh's life is changing. There are too many cess phones with cameras every where so he can't revert to his old games after a few beers. He probably needs to join AA, but he can't even do that. The guy is considered to be a VSO (Violent Sex Offender) and that is always going to be his tag as long as he is on the court. His wife will always have people looking at her and his daughters are in for some rough times - especially when they become teenagers or go to college.

I hope he feels what he did to his family was worth it.