Lilienthal
Topic Author

Trump laughed at by UN General Assembly

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfoRDgJPCAg

Someone should tell him that they are laughing at him, not with him...

Dutchy

Re: Trump laughed at by UN General Assembly

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Do you think that will help anything?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Super80Fan

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:50 pm

While I wish we could have a president that is respected by foreign countries and who works with them I think it's time for the US to leave the UN.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

scbriml

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:54 pm

The lack of self-awareness is hilarious in itself.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

einsteinboricua

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
I think it's time for the US to leave the UN.

I like the idea. Then when the UN Security Council passes resolutions condemning a certain Jewish nation, there will be no US making things worse by vetoing it. When the UN Security Council says it's open to relaxing sanctions on Iran due to their compliance with the treaty the US wants to part of, there will be no US vetoing it.

Seems the UN is useful to the US when it wants to make others follow laws; when any of its buddies (or itself) is condemned, we have to pack up and leave because (in Trump's words) they're being VERY unfair.

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

einsteinboricua

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:02 pm

I am SO glad we didn't vote Hillary Clinton into the Oval Office. I mean...can you imagine how much nations would be laughing at the US? Now people don't laugh behind the US's back; they laugh in our face...in live TV. I actually remember that Obama wasn't even allowed to do speeches at the UN due to how much leaders there laughed...calls to order had to be made to get a few words in. News media in other countries constantly parodied him.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
While I wish we could have a president that is respected by foreign countries and who works with them I think it's time for the US to leave the UN.

You have the exact president you deserve.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Mortyman

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Super80Fan wrote:

Or maybe stop being so self centered ?

Flighty

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Trump is the American people's special message to people like UN bureaucrats who laugh at their own people too. And that message is, here is the person we find most appropriate to address you. A bat shet, bellicose, reality show goblin with ill fitting suits who hurls much-deserved abuse at you. It's from us. Our people are powerful and rule the country... for better or worse... what do you do for your people? Eat the finest cheese and drink the finest wines, wear the finest clothes... why not focus on taking care of your people, before you too are voted out of office? Or you experience revolution? That's our message.
Last edited by Flighty on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tugger

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 pm

I can only imagine how many years it will take to actually address all the crisis Trump and his management of "foreign affairs" is creating. (So I guess Trump might be right about doing "more than most other administrations" in just two years.) By unilaterally pulling out of deals and imposing tariffs on anyone, Trump has set up a situation where the USA can't be trusted to do business with. I mean what happens when the next president comes in? Why would anyone negotiate with the USA?

Trump continues to be a poor president.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

Tugger

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Flighty wrote:
A bat shet, bellicose, reality show goblin with ill fitting suits who hurls much-deserved abuse at you.

And you would do business with someone like that? Someone who has broken his company's word/agreements and not honored agreed to deals you had with them?

I wouldn't.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:40 pm

You mean he was serious? I thought it was a great joke.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

jetero

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 pm

I’ve got to give him props on this one. He handled it well, showed he had a sense of humor. He could be like that every day and get “even more” accomplished and help the country get over partisan bullsh*t, but he’s such a damned baby.

NIKV69

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

I will take him over Hilary any day. Laugh at him all you want.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11

jetero

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

When she dies will you guys finally be able to get over her? Maybe rest better at night and finally be able to take it down a notch or ten?

MSPNWA

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:07 am

I'd be worried if they were applauding. If they're laughing, that's a positive sign. We don't want to make the globalist UN happy. More reason Trump has been the best president for America in ages.

Super80Fan

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

No, I don't. I want to be rid of the UN but I also want to be cordial/work with other countries. Right now I'm getting the worst of both worlds, we are still in the UN and other countries hate us.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

jetero

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 am

MSPNWA wrote:
I'd be worried if they were applauding. If they're laughing, that's a positive sign. We don't want to make the globalist UN happy. More reason Trump has been the best president for America in ages.

Of course. There’s that sound retributionist logic again. “If the UN is p*ssed off, that must me we have the best President in ages.” “Globalist ... GRRRRRRRR!!!!!”

I guess by that standard we should just nuke Belgium and we’d really be #Winning.

ltbewr

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:23 am

I bet even the Israeli rep had trouble holding back to not laugh but that maybe Trump will attack Iran, something Israel's RW leaders want badly.

Trump is one of the worst possible persons to ever to be President, He is a gross, incompetent, undiplomatic, sexual pervert, criminal jerk with absolutely no redeeming values. His appearance at the UN is an obscene embarrassment to our country to the world. He totally believes in 'American Exceptionalism' and ignoring international standards of justice and fairness.I just hope he doesn't start WW III while in office.

Ken777

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:57 am

NIKV69 wrote:

So what part of Trump do you believe is better? The bro-love of Putin and corresponding obedience of Putin's commands? The love of isolationism? The destruction to our agriculture sector? Or are you just impressed with his groping all the women he bragged about on that bus ride? You certainly aren't concerned about having a realistic, educated and experience person in the Oval Office. Someone who understands international relations, how Congress works. Someone who doesn't get laughed at when giving a speech to world leaders at the US. Someone who would not be taken for a ride by North Korea. Or treat our historic, best friends with contempt.

Is all you can hang your hat on is your tax cut and you don't know how long that will last, or what it will actually cost you, or your parents.

DL717

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:15 am

Flighty wrote:
Trump is the American people's special message to people like UN bureaucrats who laugh at their own people too. And that message is, here is the person we find most appropriate to address you. A bat shet, bellicose, reality show goblin with ill fitting suits who hurls much-deserved abuse at you. It's from us. Our people are powerful and rule the country... for better or worse... what do you do for your people? Eat the finest cheese and drink the finest wines, wear the finest clothes... why not focus on taking care of your people, before you too are voted out of office? Or you experience revolution? That's our message.

This. Other countries want us to lay down and write them a check. We get the last laugh.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Flighty

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 am

ltbewr wrote:
I bet even the Israeli rep had trouble holding back to not laugh but that maybe Trump will attack Iran, something Israel's RW leaders want badly.

Trump is one of the worst possible persons to ever to be President, He is a gross, incompetent, undiplomatic, sexual pervert, criminal jerk with absolutely no redeeming values. His appearance at the UN is an obscene embarrassment to our country to the world. He totally believes in 'American Exceptionalism' and ignoring international standards of justice and fairness.I just hope he doesn't start WW III while in office.

I fail to see why you think this gross, incompetent, sexual pervert, criminal jerk isn’t the ideal person to interface with the UN. He knows their game and he is not too cowardly to discuss it openly. This is a world first. These jerks are amazed they are being called out for being the useless cads they are, by someone who has spent a lifetime being a useless cad. They think they can fool him?! Hard to fool a mirror.

In all seriousness, what I heard of the speech wasn’t very good, kind of amateurish rehash of America First. Some of the sentences didn’t make any sense at all. He could have used this as a chance to explain the benefits of multiple democracies having state to state relations always thinking of their own people’s best interests. That would have played just fine and been consistent with his / Stephen miller’s policy points. Miller must be on vacation. He writes better speeches.
Last edited by Flighty on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

jetero

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:04 am

DL717 wrote:
Flighty wrote:

This. Other countries want us to lay down and write them a check. We get the last laugh.

There we go again with someone who is pretty much admitting that he views diplomacy as one based on retribution, the MSPNWA theory of diplomacy. For what? What is the endgame?

Ironically Trump has made me more conservative and more Christian.

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:14 am

Flighty wrote:
I fail to see why you think this gross, incompetent, sexual pervert, criminal jerk isn’t the ideal person to interface with the UN. He knows their game and he is not too cowardly to discuss it openly. This is a world first. These jerks are amazed they are being called out for being the useless cads they are, by someone who has spent a lifetime being a useless cad. They think they can fool him?! Hard to fool a mirror.

Its not that, its the inability to enter an agreement with him/with the USA and trust it will be honored.

Also you also apparently want cops to be the same as (mirrors) of the criminals they are going against? Really?

I'll ask it again:

Would do business with someone like that? Someone who has broken his word/his company's agreements and not honored agreed to deals you had with them?

But you are sounding just like most MAGA's I've talked with, making silly boasts about "Trump! He really takes it them!" great.... useless...

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flighty

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:23 am

Tugger, no I would not do business with Trump. He is a somewhat charming lunatic. I think his role is to shit on the people he was elected to shit on. That is very important. Later, in our new political world, maybe some statesmen or women will make deals.

I don’t think Trump is more or less reliable than other politicians. He lies 90% of the time - about average - I think we can agree the vulgar and crass stuff is 100% from the heart. That is more truth than we get from many other politicians. I wouldn’t have the first clue what Hillary really thinks about anything. There is no way to know.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:31 am

jetero wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

Of course. There’s that sound retributionist logic again. “If the UN is p*ssed off, that must me we have the best President in ages.” “Globalist ... GRRRRRRRR!!!!!”

.... it's cute how people think no one has cought on that "globalist" is just a new term for Jewish global conspiracy.....
People in Israel sure as hell did notice ... https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premiu ... -1.5895925

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:41 am

Flighty wrote:
Tugger, no I would not do business with Trump. He is a somewhat charming lunatic. I think his role is to shit on the people he was elected to shit on. That is very important. Later, in our new political world, maybe some statesmen or women will make deals.

I don’t think Trump is more or less reliable than other politicians. He lies 90% of the time - about average - I think we can agree the vulgar and crass stuff is 100% from the heart. That is more truth than we get from many other politicians. I wouldn’t have the first clue what Hillary really thinks about anything. There is no way to know.

Well OK. For me though I believe he is doing real damage to the USA that will take a long time to overcome.

Tugg

seahawk

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:51 am

Let them laugh, they will feel America´s might. America is stronger than ever and has a true leader. They soon will bow to America.

anrec80

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:17 am

seahawk wrote:
Let them laugh, they will feel America´s might. America is stronger than ever and has a true leader. They soon will bow to America.

Laughter aside, recent trends are totally opposite. America needs to see that it's being slowly pressed out of Eurasian continent, until gets kicked out completely one day. From both ends of it.

seahawk

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:19 am

anrec80 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Laughter aside, recent trends are totally opposite. America needs to see that it's being slowly pressed out of Eurasian continent, until gets kicked out completely one day. From both ends of it.

But the US military is stronger then ever - said the president, so America will have them obey.

Mortyman

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:55 am

DL717 wrote:
Flighty wrote:

Huh ?

There are many countries who are far more generous With development aid as % of GNI than the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... try_donors

bennett123

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:36 am

Well if the President said so, it must be true.

WIederling

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 am

Tugger wrote:
Trump continues to be a poor president.

"beating your wife" things.

Trump does on the front porch
what his predecessors did in the backroom out of sight.
Murphy is an optimist

Lilienthal
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 am

DL717 wrote:

No matter if foreign aid or military interventions, if the US spends money, time and resources on other countries, they do it to secure geopolitical influence and access to local markets with direct benefit to US companies. Establishing a global capitalist free market with the US as the dominant player has been the cornerstone of US foreign policy for almost a century, and they have profited from it like no other country on earth.

The notion that the US is getting robbed and is expected to just "write checks" without seeing anything in return, is incredibly naive and misinformed.

WIederling

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 am

jetero wrote:
How sensitive conservatives are these days. They just want to be loved, I guess.

Do you really think they understand the concept "Love" ?
Murphy is an optimist

N14AZ

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 am

Do we know who laughed? I mean, which country does he represent?

marcelh

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 am

Flighty wrote:
Later, in our new political world, maybe some statesmen or women will make deals

I’m very interested what your definition is of “our new political world”.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:57 am

Tugger wrote:
Flighty wrote:

Well OK. For me though I believe he is doing real damage to the USA that will take a long time to overcome.

Tugg

:checkmark:
Making a deal with the United States has a validity date "until next Presidential Election" now, Trump may be gone one day, but the voters putting him in that place are still the same.

Nuclear deal with Iran or NK? Why would any country do that if they end up giving their nukes up for nothing......

best regards
Thomas

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Lilienthal wrote:
The notion that the US is getting robbed and is expected to just "write checks" without seeing anything in return, is incredibly naive and misinformed.

Well yes, remember you are dealing with MAGA's who like Trump appear to be incredibly naive and misinformed. At the very least they are simplistic, thinking sloganeering is an intelligent rebuttal.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StarAC17

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Tugger wrote:
Flighty wrote:

Its not that, its the inability to enter an agreement with him/with the USA and trust it will be honored.

Also you also apparently want cops to be the same as (mirrors) of the criminals they are going against? Really?

I'll ask it again:

Would do business with someone like that? Someone who has broken his word/his company's agreements and not honored agreed to deals you had with them?

But you are sounding just like most MAGA's I've talked with, making silly boasts about "Trump! He really takes it them!" great.... useless...

Tugg

This is why Canada is stalling on a new NAFTA, which could backfire on Canada but I think a lot of congressman and senators in Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, will want to keep Canada in NAFTA as it is their biggest trading partner.

We Canadians know that the agreement wouldn't be worth the piece of paper it is written on and I think that many other countries feel the same.

This effect of this is that China will be on the ascent faster as more and more countries will trade and make agreements with China. Also China will help invest in the development of many countries around the world which the they are doing. I think most nations would rather deal with the US but if they are to believe Trump then why would we want to.

seahawk wrote:

Yeah nope we won't, unless you are implying that the US is going to start attacking allies using their military which will fail.

If the US wants to remain as the dominant superpower it cannot be isolationist and it cannot afford to piss off the rest of the world.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

tommy1808

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Tugger wrote:
Lilienthal wrote:

Well yes, remember you are dealing with MAGA's who like Trump appear to be incredibly naive and misinformed. At the very least they are simplistic, thinking sloganeering is an intelligent rebuttal.

Tugg

one just has to ask how big of a joke it takes to get diplomats to lose it and start laughing......
Well, Trump delivers.... no one is laughing about the US anymore. We laugh about the President and pity America.....

best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
This effect of this is that China will be on the ascent faster as more and more countries will trade and make agreements with China.

this!
One of our US suppliers had to allow us to source directly from the PRC factory, that usually just produces local demand. We didn´t want to pay the Trump surcharge, as some components inside come from China and are taxed, and frankly we didn´t think there would still be a market if we tried. Shipping from China is cheaper than from the US.

Anyone wants to guess if we switch back once this is over? Nope.....

The people taking our orders and writing invoices still have jobs, the jobs of the people that made the products for us are now in China.

best regards
Thomas

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
This effect of this is that China will be on the ascent faster as more and more countries will trade and make agreements with China. Also China will help invest in the development of many countries around the world which the they are doing. I think most nations would rather deal with the US but if they are to believe Trump then why would we want to.

Regarding China, I don't think China will be "on a faster ascent". As the issue with China is they also do not honor deals, they pry technology from their trading partners, either up front through forced "partnering" or behind their backs with cyber theft etc. They also close their markets as needed and apply bureaucratic pressure and delays as needed to force companies to resolve situations.

And with their Belt and Road Initiative they are also issuing loans that are basically predatory. Lending billions for projects in poorer nations, often with corrupt or colluding governments and officials, that obligate those nations to debt they cannot afford or prepay. This has lead to allowing China to either force more favorable terms to change payments schedules or to effectively take critical assets for long term.

China is not clean in the matter of binding deals.

China however does have the ability to weather the trade wars for a sustained period of time and is intent to see any such war hurt the USA at least as much as it hurts them. Changes in China's business practices did need to be made and forcing them was probably the only way to change them. However Trump has given no maneuvering room for China to do otherwise than hold fast and try to not yield to US pressure. We will have to see over the long term how this turns out.

Tugg

aviationaware

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Meanwhile, Trump is just chairing a meeting of the UNSC and stated in his opening remarks:

"The Syrian regime's butchery is enabled by Russia and Iran."

Man you guys must be right, he is totally in Russias pocket to attack them like that! Sounds like a massive fanboi.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:38 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Meanwhile, Trump is just chairing a meeting of the UNSC and stated in his opening remarks:

"The Syrian regime's butchery is enabled by Russia and Iran."

Man you guys must be right, he is totally in Russias pocket to attack them like that! Sounds like a massive fanboi.

Putin gave him permission for some tough talk in Helsinki. With Russia having a veto on the council the UN is about the safest place to do so. Even when he is right about that.

Smart would have been to invite Iran to fight ISIS alongside US, but since that wasn't in offer and Iran is scared shitless by ISIS, they didn't have options.

Best regards
Thomas

aviationaware

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Invite terrorists to fight other terrorists. You are smart.

Tugger

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:01 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Invite terrorists to fight other terrorists. You are smart.

Well Sun Tzu is regarded as pretty darned smart. Likely smarter than you. You might remember this one:
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Or how about another wise saying:
"Keep your friends close, but your enemy closer"

You may not understand the reasoning for these statements, these "Rules of war" (and often (business as well) but the idea is to give those you are competing against less room to maneuver and to help you know what they are doing in additional to having more insight into their structure, capabilities, etc.

Tugg

tommy1808

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Tugger wrote:
You may not understand the reasoning for these statements, these "Rules of war" (and often (business as well) but the idea is to give those you are competing against less room to maneuver and to help you know what they are doing in additional to having more insight into their structure, capabilities, etc.

Tugg

Exactly. If one of your enemies has the same goal as you, defeating ISIS, would you a) rather have them help you achieve your goal, and secondary goal of removing Assad as a side effect, or rather b) have them help your enemy to achieve his goals and strengthen his geo-strategic position?

But I guess the US should not have joined forces with the USSR to defeat Germany, just to be ideologically pure.

Best regards
Thomas

StarAC17

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

Regarding China, I don't think China will be "on a faster ascent". As the issue with China is they also do not honor deals, they pry technology from their trading partners, either up front through forced "partnering" or behind their backs with cyber theft etc. They also close their markets as needed and apply bureaucratic pressure and delays as needed to force companies to resolve situations.

And with their Belt and Road Initiative they are also issuing loans that are basically predatory. Lending billions for projects in poorer nations, often with corrupt or colluding governments and officials, that obligate those nations to debt they cannot afford or prepay. This has lead to allowing China to either force more favorable terms to change payments schedules or to effectively take critical assets for long term.

China is not clean in the matter of binding deals.

China however does have the ability to weather the trade wars for a sustained period of time and is intent to see any such war hurt the USA at least as much as it hurts them. Changes in China's business practices did need to be made and forcing them was probably the only way to change them. However Trump has given no maneuvering room for China to do otherwise than hold fast and try to not yield to US pressure. We will have to see over the long term how this turns out.

Tugg

Oh I agree with everything you said and I can guarantee that Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the EU would rather do business with the United States. However you have a president whom shows he won't negotiate or act in good faith and his past history as a businessman shows just that.

China wants a free market for itself but has state owned corporations that buy up private assets and is protectionist with its own market and yes I agree to apply pressure on them as well. Probably one of the few things Trump is doing right.
However he is also painting all the traditional US allies with the same brush as with China. Ideally is would be nice if North America and Europe could unite together to put pressure on China's practices and actually cause some real change.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

AA747123

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Trump is the best thing to ever happen to this nation. The US needs to withdraw from the UN, they don't do anything for us. Its known that he will be re-elected in 2020, too bad we could not re-elect him in 2024.