N14AZ

Re: Repercussions for Saudi if the murder is confirmed?

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:27 pm

From Trump‘s statement two days ago:

“could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event“

I am not a native speaker, so forgive me for asking but isn’t it a little bit strange to call a murder „tragic“? An accident can be tragic but a perfectly planned murder? Strange wording if you ask me but I guess Trump doesn’t apply for the next Pulitzer price... :scratchchin:

salttee

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:46 pm

N14AZ wrote:
isn’t it a little bit strange to call a murder „tragic“?
In English "tragic" is just another adjective. It works OK. Adjectives are Trump's favorite words you know.

BTW
Has it been mentioned here that the Hawaiian Congressperson, Tulsi Gabbard, (rising star in the Democratic Party) referred to Trump as "Saudi Arabia’s bitch"? She nailed that one.

Three cheers for Tulsi!

johnboy

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:18 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

How does Trump have anything to do with the act. Come on.

Funny you should mention that.... perhaps you should check out this Twitter thread and see what others say about this traitorous POTUS (Seth is on top of stuff!):

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/106 ... 73697?s=21

“Numerous reports say Kushner got intel from his father-in-law's Presidential Daily Briefing—which only Trump could permit him to take—and gave it to MBS. The intel—a list of MBS' enemies—allowed MBS to target his domestic enemies and kill some of them.

“MBS subsequently told friends that Kushner was "in his pocket." And why would he think otherwise? Trump had (apparently) declassified intel for MBS' use as part of his program of domestic and international assassination. It was that very program that targeted Jamal Khashoggi.

“/ So *no one* was surprised when—despite the CIA concluding that MBS ordered Khashoggi killed—Trump gave his "I'm colluding with this guy" response, saying (as he had of Putin) that he believed MBS wasn't involved in the killing because... wait for it... MBS told him he wasn't.”

Please check out Twitter thread for MUCH, MUCH more on nefarious links to Russia, etc. trump should not only be impeached, but really should be executed.

Slowly.

Aaron747

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:16 am

johnboy wrote:
“Numerous reports say Kushner got intel from his father-in-law's Presidential Daily Briefing—which only Trump could permit him to take—and gave it to MBS. The intel—a list of MBS' enemies—allowed MBS to target his domestic enemies and kill some of them.

“MBS subsequently told friends that Kushner was "in his pocket." And why would he think otherwise? Trump had (apparently) declassified intel for MBS' use as part of his program of domestic and international assassination. It was that very program that targeted Jamal Khashoggi.

“/ So *no one* was surprised when—despite the CIA concluding that MBS ordered Khashoggi killed—Trump gave his "I'm colluding with this guy" response, saying (as he had of Putin) that he believed MBS wasn't involved in the killing because... wait for it... MBS told him he wasn't.”

Even if this is true, it's a little absurd to ascribe full culpability. That implies KSA don't have the ability to read English, keep tabs on their own citizens' Internet activity and postings, and generally compile their own enemy lists. I mean, really...
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

bennett123

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46309654

Seems that the US will accept the 'Rogue Agent' line.

cedars747

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Trump deal with Saudi Arabia.: "Oil prices against Khashoggi's blood"
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

johnboy

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:46 am

Aaron747 wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Even if this is true, it's a little absurd to ascribe full culpability. That implies KSA don't have the ability to read English, keep tabs on their own citizens' Internet activity and postings, and generally compile their own enemy lists. I mean, really...

Actually it’s a bit more sinister than that. It means JK is readily passing secrets onto others. Not much of a stretch to wonder who else has access to presidential briefings?

And did Trump cut off his dick? No, but I’m sure you could see that it doesnt imply any such thing about the Saudis. It means that Trump has no problems protecting HIS interests above the Nation’s interests

Which is kinda worse, don’cha think?

Dieuwer

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:51 am

People, don't be surprised. Between the US and Saudi Arabia, oil always wins from decency and human rights. Even France and the UK rather sell their weapons then be critical.
The only non-hypocritical Western country is Canada.

olle

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 am

SCQ83 wrote:
salttee wrote:
MbS is a tyrannical bloodthirsty 14th century iron fisted dictator who falsely presents himself as progressive. Also, he is currently conducting a war of conquest against Yemen for purely Machiavellian reasons.

Yemeni rebels are being financed by Iran, which ultimately wants to destroy Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Israel.

So if Mexico was financed by Venezuela to destroy the US (e.g. launching missiles or drones in downtown LA or San Diego, like Yemeni rebels have made in Riyadh or Abu Dhabi Airport), should the US just do nothing?

Definitely liberals have different standards.

this has always been the case.. Serbia allied to Russia allied to France supported terrorism in Austria and we had WW1. Austria and its Allied Germany got the blame while loosing the war. ;-)

cedars747

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:03 pm

If Trump manages to cover the crime of MBS, the world will enter into the era of the law of the jungle
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

Flighty

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 am

cedars747 wrote:
If Trump manages to cover the crime of MBS, the world will enter into the era of the law of the jungle

Do you really see this as a change?

The Saudi regime is more convenient for us than a civil war there. The Saudi regime is relatively stable. The Saudis are not doing fantastically, but much better than Iraqis.

Trump is not at all saying the Saudis didn't kill the journalist. He is saying that our calculus does not change even if it were the case. So just going nuts about it serves no coherent purpose.

K death is very interesting, but irrelevant in terms of war & peace. Saudi behaves like this. To say that is news is an example of false timeliness. You could write the headline "Saudi Arabia murders dissident" at any time in the past 90 years. Why now? Is it really news, or are the articles more of an "isn't Trump a crazy guy" initiative?

Berevoff

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:00 pm

seb146 wrote:
So, the administration is celebrating the murder of a journalist and standing with the architects of 9/11 and throwing hate toward those who took out America's Enemy #1. And the orange one still has a fan base.

just like every administration before and just like the next one will

money is more important in the long run

cedars747

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Flighty wrote:
cedars747 wrote:

The Saudi regime is more convenient for us than a civil war there. The Saudi regime is relatively stable. The Saudis are not doing fantastically, but much better than Iraqis.

Trump is not at all saying the Saudis didn't kill the journalist. He is saying that our calculus does not change even if it were the case. So just going nuts about it serves no coherent purpose.

K death is very interesting, but irrelevant in terms of war & peace. Saudi behaves like this. To say that is news is an example of false timeliness. You could write the headline "Saudi Arabia murders dissident" at any time in the past 90 years. Why now? Is it really news, or are the articles more of an "isn't Trump a crazy guy" initiative?

The question that goes around my head is why the victim's son does not fight for the truth? why not take the case to the international court?

salttee

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:24 pm

cedars747 wrote:
The question that goes around my head is why the victim's son does not fight for the truth? why not take the case to the international court?
Maybe because the international court is toothless and he is from SA and would like to be able to at least visit there and stay alive.

Berevoff

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:18 pm

cedars747 wrote:
Flighty wrote:
cedars747 wrote:

Because the ICC is to settle disputes between nations and not individuals. Even if they did Saudi Arabia would just ignore it.

cedars747

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:31 pm

salttee wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
Maybe because the international court is toothless and he is from SA and would like to be able to at least visit there and stay alive.

According to the news, it seems that he was a Muslim brotherhood like Erdogan. Why Turkey does not use khashoggi son to get the case to the international court?

cedars747

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Berevoff wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
Flighty wrote:

Because the ICC is to settle disputes between nations and not individuals. Even if they did Saudi Arabia would just ignore it.

Well Turkey could do the job!

Aaron747

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:25 am

cedars747 wrote:

We have been there a long time already. Hello bloodshed in 1980s Central America, good to see you again! Good morning, Vietnam! Troubles in Lebanon? Just ask the French. Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where the British carved up India, Pakistan, Israel etc and invaded South Africa, twice. Oh hello Rwanda, sorry, we can't help - you have no natural resources of value. Stop acting like realpolitik is anything new.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

moo

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 am

Aaron747 wrote:
cedars747 wrote:

We have been there a long time already. Hello bloodshed in 1980s Central America, good to see you again! Good morning, Vietnam! Troubles in Lebanon? Just ask the French. Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where the British carved up India, Pakistan, Israel etc and invaded South Africa, twice. Oh hello Rwanda, sorry, we can't help - you have no natural resources of value. Stop acting like realpolitik is anything new.

I'm truly interested - how far back in history do you want to go in order to find justification for not doing anything today?

Aaron747

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 am

moo wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
cedars747 wrote:

I'm truly interested - how far back in history do you want to go in order to find justification for not doing anything today?

Please quote back where I said 'there's nothing to be done.'

moo

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:
moo wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Thats the implication from your post - that doing nothing today is fine because its not a new approach. Just because you didn't outright put it in words doesn't mean your post isn't screaming it.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 am

moo wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
moo wrote:

Thats the implication from your post - that doing nothing today is fine because its not a new approach. Just because you didn't outright put it in words doesn't mean your post isn't screaming it.

You read way too much into things. The previous poster said we're entering the jungle going down this road, and I merely pointed out that we have already been there for a long time. Context, friend.

moo

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:22 am

Aaron747 wrote:
moo wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You read way too much into things. The previous poster said we're entering the jungle going down this road, and I merely pointed out that we have already been there for a long time. Context, friend.

That is still the same basic argument that I am saying your post insinuates - not sure why you think its any different, context or no context...

Aaron747

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:33 am

Sorry, no, there is quite a difference between the literal and abstract. I haven't touched the latter. If you want to talk about what should happen going forward, that's another topic, no?