casinterest
Topic Author

A real voter fraud issue and the GOP is silent

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 pm

All those that scream about voter fraud (Trump) are oddly silent about this below case that may result in a new election.
It involves a convicted criminal and absentee ballots.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-i ... /882190369

Funny how the GOP only cares about voter fraud when the numbers swing in their favor.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

trpmb6

Re: A real voter fraud issue and the GOP is silent

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Perhaps because it's such a local issue? I'm sorry, I guess I should spend all day pouring over every potential news article to ensure I'm up to date with every possible voter fraud case in America.

Seems like in this case it would be an extremely easy way to figure out if fraud was committed or not.

Tugger

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:33 pm

I've been reading up on this and I have made comments about the issue involved in every "voter fraud" thread I've posted in:

Voter fraud at the polls is a red herring, the real threat is vote by mail. And if there is any ID requirement for those who vote in person at the polls that same validation must be required for any "remote voting" process.

Here are a few more articles on this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... seriously/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... olina-con/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/close- ... oter-fraud

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 59875.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... fraud.html

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

A3801000

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

local?

'Democrats could refuse to seat North Carolina Republican'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... bed5724b3b

casinterest
Topic Author

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Perhaps because it's such a local issue? I'm sorry, I guess I should spend all day pouring over every potential news article to ensure I'm up to date with every possible voter fraud case in America.

Seems like in this case it would be an extremely easy way to figure out if fraud was committed or not.

It's for a Federal office, so you can call it local if you want, but this is for the House of Representatives. I'd call that a Federal issue.

trpmb6

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm

Ok, my mistake, I didn't realize it was for the HoR. But I've literally read nothing on this so far, so thanks for bringing it up. The vote totals for that county are awfully small, was the race even that close that that county would be a deciding factor?

But I agree with Tugger's post.

Tugger

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:09 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Ok, my mistake, I didn't realize it was for the HoR. But I've literally read nothing on this so far, so thanks for bringing it up. The vote totals for that county are awfully small, was the race even that close that that county would be a deciding factor?

Thanks.
I had an argument with my MiL about ID at the polls. She was adamant that it should be required, I noted that the same should be then required for mail in ballots and she responded "Well they do, I have to sign the envelope when I send it in!". I then asked when was the last time she voted in person because everyone has to sign their name at the polls too. Soo....

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

A3801000

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:20 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
... was the race even that close that that county would be a deciding factor?

If memory serves right about 905 votes

casinterest
Topic Author

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

Funny how Fox News and the usual right wing rags are all silent about this.

2122M

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

It normally is, which is why Kobach and his crew of GOPers screaming about 'rampant voter fraud' for the last few years are out of their minds and generally laughed at by those that have actually done the research. When there is voter fraud, it is pretty easy to spot.

To be clear, this is really election fraud, not voter fraud as there is no indication that actual voters had anything to do with it. This appears to be an inside job committed by the local GOP.

johnboy

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Oh but the GOP isn’t silent.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... tion-fraud

“Make no mistake, I support any efforts to investigate allegations of irregularities and/or voter fraud, as long as it is fair and focuses on all political parties,” Harris said in a statement Friday. “But to date, there is absolutely no public evidence that there are enough ballots in question to affect the outcome of this race. Accordingly, the Board should act immediately to certify the race while continuing to conduct their investigation. Anything else is a disservice to the people of the Ninth District.”

In other words, “by god I’m a Baptist minister AND a Republican - we’re supposed to be able to get away with anything nowadays!” (Loosely translated from the original Yokel dialect).

Darn it, they want that election certified anyway even in the face of actual fraud.

Because. Well, just because.

LittleFokker

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm

johnboy wrote:
Oh but the GOP isn’t silent.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... tion-fraud

“Make no mistake, I support any efforts to investigate allegations of irregularities and/or voter fraud, as long as it is fair and focuses on all political parties,” Harris said in a statement Friday. “But to date, there is absolutely no public evidence that there are enough ballots in question to affect the outcome of this race. Accordingly, the Board should act immediately to certify the race while continuing to conduct their investigation. Anything else is a disservice to the people of the Ninth District.”

In other words, “by god I’m a Baptist minister AND a Republican - we’re supposed to be able to get away with anything nowadays!” (Loosely translated from the original Yokel dialect).

Darn it, they want that election certified anyway even in the face of actual fraud.

Because. Well, just because.

Shouldn't it not matter at all how many votes were manipulated? If a candidate was willing (directly or indirectly) to engage in fraud, that should disqualify him/her from serving. Throw his ass in jail, and either put the Democrat in seat or call a new election. How many other jurisdictions were affected? We know the GOP is dirty top to bottom...how many other candidates are pulling these types of shenanigans?
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

LMP737

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 pm

Tugger wrote:
Thanks.
I had an argument with my MiL about ID at the polls. She was adamant that it should be required, I noted that the same should be then required for mail in ballots and she responded "Well they do, I have to sign the envelope when I send it in!". I then asked when was the last time she voted in person because everyone has to sign their name at the polls too. Soo....

Tugg

I've made this point myself. I'm amazed by the deer in the headlights look I get when I say if you require people present an ID in person then you would have to do away with mail in ballot's.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

A3801000

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 am

The North Carolina GOP now has a bill that appears aimed at obstructing a fair investigation of the NC-9 election fraud scandal.

https://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2017/Bil ... 1117v0.pdf

einsteinboricua

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:16 am

A3801000 wrote:
The North Carolina GOP now has a bill that appears aimed at obstructing a fair investigation of the NC-9 election fraud scandal.

Isn't it funny how legislators can spend two years doing nothing and after an election where they've lost power (partly or completely) they kick into high gear?

How is a judge not seeing this and thinking this is definitely unconstitutional and not the way government is supposed to work?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."