Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bagoldex
Topic Author

The Smocking Gun

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm

The president's most recent tweet ...

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.” @FoxNews That’s because there was NO COLLUSION. So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,...

Dementia or just plain stupid?

johnboy

Re: The Smocking Gun

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that’s for sure ... however didn’t whispers come from WH staffers stating he and/or Stephen Miller purposely misspelled words in Tweets to be seen as more of a “man of the people?”

casinterest

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes we are mocking him. why does he ask?
Where ever you go, there you are.

wingman

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:32 pm

I thought it was worse for him if it WAS private transactions vs. self-funded campaign contributions which is what he always said prior. Now he seems to be confessing that the hush money was in fact not that but transactions instead. The man is so corrupt it makes it's impossible to follow. Whatever the case the White House is now literally awash in the raw sewage that spews out Trump's every orifice daily. I get this image of people wading through a pool of shit just to get to the oval office where Trump floats around in a one man dinghy typing his latest brain-fart on Twitter.

Every day is a new wonder trying to understand what the worse catastrophe is..is it Trump or is it Brexit? Right now it's a dead heat but I give the edge to Trump because he's a single person as calamitous an an entire parliament, that's takes special skill in my book.

seb146

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Looking at just the title of the thread, was the gun doing some sort of crafting project?

Middle of the night twitter rants on an unsecured phone. That is my response to OP.

And, if he were as innocent as he claims, why is he hiding everything and demanding the investigation be shut down?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

NIKV69

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:40 pm

I don't get it. He is stupid and doesn't have the mental capacity as you but he got to the highest office and has a heck of a lot more money than you. Hmmmm makes you wonder?

Lose the false outrage it's getting so old.
I am the Googlizer!!!

trpmb6

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Eh, just ignore it. I was going to post something about Kavanaugh voting with the liberal bloc today to not hear a planned parenthood case, but I didn't think it warranted it's own thread. But then we have a post about a single letter typo, so I guess anything goes.

casinterest

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:57 pm

It;s just so Freudian what this slip states. He is mocking people, and think he is so SMART, but he isn't.

cledaybuck

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:51 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Eh, just ignore it. I was going to post something about Kavanaugh voting with the liberal bloc today to not hear a planned parenthood case, but I didn't think it warranted it's own thread. But then we have a post about a single letter typo, so I guess anything goes.
It's not a typo. He did the exact same spelling twice.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

wingman

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I don't get it. He is stupid and doesn't have the mental capacity as you but he got to the highest office and has a heck of a lot more money than you. Hmmmm makes you wonder?

He won the election and I grant you the man had an uncanny ability to read the tea leaves and whip up a populist frenzy. He certainly had the mental capacity and "courage" to talk trash and then spill it all over the Office every day since.

And now we know he took $250M from his daddy and couldn't beat the S&P 500 with it. And he won't publish the truth about his wealth and business performance. A man like Trump who crows about grabbing pussy and fucks whores while his wife watches his baby boy (the latter is exactly what he's admitting to today yet again!). You just know his tax returns can't be pretty. I'd wager they paint a picture of someone who had every conceivable financial advantage but couldn't beat grandma sticking $1000 into her savings account. And even then he had to declare bankruptcy 4 times to keep getting another chance. Real smart.

But you know what, whatever your opinion of the above, you have to agree that it takes a very special kind of stupid to walk yourself into an indictment or even a prison sentence by simply being incapable of shutting your pie hole. Starr and Kavanagh literally forced Clinton into impeachment by making him lie about consensual extramarital sex with a very willing and able adult woman. Trump on the other hand just keeps bleating away his own way into lockup. Is there any other way of defining that other than "stupid"? His tweets prove he doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. He's like a toddler, he has a functioning brain but is not fully formed like than of a normal adult. Maybe there's a more proper term than "stupid" for it, but smart ain't it.

Is it worth it in the end? I love money as much as the next guy but goddamn if I'll chuck my value system overboard and take from a shit stain like Donald Trump.

bagoldex
Topic Author

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

I’m not outraged at all. I’m actually kind of enjoying watching him become more and more unglued with each passing day. His bumpkin supporters seething “he has more money than you!” is almost equally amusing. I’d hope he's wealthier than I am because he’s more than twice my age and has five children and a young wife who are going to need his financial support for the rest of their lives.

By the way, how can you support a guy who talks about you like this?

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1030097446863556614

trpmb6

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

It's not a typo. He did the exact same spelling twice.

If it happened twice then I suspect it's an autocorrect issue.

Seriously though.. this is not really newsworthy folks.

MaverickM11

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:20 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

A) He's always been dumb as a doornail
B) We don't know how much money he has, and most of it came from his father anyway, who constantly bailed him out.

But is anyone surprised republicans are in love with a guy that TAWKS RUL GUD AND LOUD, conflating that and money with intelligence or ability? Nope.

trpmb6 wrote:
Seriously though.. this is not really newsworthy folks.

It's not noteworthy that the President is regularly illiterate, confirmed by multiple tweets daily and endless colleagues going back years? Remember that President we just buried's sidekick and his potatoe misadventure? Dan Quayle is a republican Einstein by comparison. Heck even backwoods rabid ferret Sara Palin is smarter.
I don't take responsibility at all

notaxonrotax

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:26 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
He has a heck of a lot more money than you. Hmmmm makes you wonder?

Hmmm, my father hasn't left me millions and millions of dollars either.
Possibly over a 100 million dollars.....that my father hasn't left me.

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

trpmb6

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 pm

so dumb he beat the most qualified candidate for president (to paraphrase President Obama)

But I guess this is what we get in a slow news day.

MaverickM11

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
so dumb he beat the most qualified candidate for president (to paraphrase President Obama)

LOL in what world is an election a referendum on intelligence? He harnessed the white nationalist populism in the right states in the right amount to win the electoral college. Give him a MENSA membership! And the emmy he feels he deserves! :rotfl:

MSPNWA

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 pm

I've always wondered if the Tweet spellings are just a way to troll those that hate him. If so, it's worked to perfection.

trpmb6

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

LOL in what world is an election a referendum on intelligence? He harnessed the white nationalist populism in the right states in the right amount to win the electoral college. Give him a MENSA membership! And the emmy he feels he deserves! :rotfl:

I doubt those who lived in Ohio districts that Obama won with 65% and flipped to Trump at 65% are white nationalists.

Redd

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:15 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

He is so dumb, but the Russians aren't ;) Besides, Americans almost voted in a VP who made Bush 43 look & sound like Einstein, Sarah Palin. The Republican voter base isn't much interested in intelligence. The simple formula for getting right wing support is a candidate who is loud, proud, spews the same and easy to remember nationalistic euphemisms over and over, gives the voters an enemy (liberals, immigrants) and presents him(her)self as the only one who can fix the (usually non existent) problem, and quash the (non-existent) enemy. Trump, Orban, Kaczynski, Le Pen, Bolsonaro, Kurz, Putin.... All from the same cookie cutter mold.

MaverickM11

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:12 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
I've always wondered if the Tweet spellings are just a way to troll those that hate him. If so, it's worked to perfection.

50 years of acting like an illiterate imbecile sucking off his father’s teet to own the libs well into the future. It’s brilliant! :lol:

Dieuwer

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 pm

A president can get elected as long as he is less dumb than the majority of the electorate. ;)

casinterest

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

I doubt those who lived in Ohio districts that Obama won with 65% and flipped to Trump at 65% are white nationalists.

Based on Trump's current polling numbers, I would just say they are gullible.

casinterest

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Based on Trump's current polling numbers, I would just say they are gullible.

seb146

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 am

MSPNWA wrote:

Yes. That's it. The only thing people hate him for. His spelling errors on twitter. *eyeroll*

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 am

i'm confused who did the typo wrong twice? Trump tweeting mad or the OP? and if it's the OP was he mocking Trump?

tommy1808

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I don't get it. He is stupid and doesn't have the mental capacity as you but he got to the highest office

With the help a Russian propaganda campaign and Russian money, closely coordinated with his campaign as it would appear to be increasingly obvious.
Despite his claims he didn´t win by landslide, he won by a couple of 1000 votes. Without the Russians, without his campaign financing violations, without all his material lies, he wouldn´t be president. Period.

and has a heck of a lot more money than you. Hmmmm makes you wonder?.

Makes one wonder how you know that...... because he says so? There is no particular good reason to think he has any positive net-worth whatsoever, he said so himself to his Daughter after all.

Billionaires usually have no problem doing either of the following things:

- refinance a couple of hundred million US.
- pay their outstanding loans
- paying expended hush-money back in one lump sum instead of an installment plan for it. A lawyer for a real estate Billionaire also shouldn´t have to get a mortgage on a property, and commit bank fraud in the process, to pay that in the first place, and should be filthy rich himself.
- settle small cattle private bills without the need to divert money from their charity.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

scbriml

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 am

Trump should write a book (yes, I know but stick with me...) He could call it "To kill a smocking gun".

:duck:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Airstud

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 am

tommy1808 wrote:
he won by a couple of 1000 votes

Er... he lost, by three million votes.

If individual (i.e., non-electoral) votes is what we're talking about.
Pancakes are delicious.

tommy1808

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 am

Airstud wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
he won by a couple of 1000 votes

Er... he lost, by three million votes.

If individual (i.e., non-electoral) votes is what we're talking about.

I'd say we quite obviously talk about the votes that put him where he currently is. The next place he is going to be is decided by only 12 votes though...

Best regards
Thomas

KICT

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Hmmmm makes you wonder?

Hey Nick, why did the NRA spend 3x as much during the 2016 campaign compared to 2012, and where did all of that money come from?
Did their membership increase 3 fold? Or were they used as a money laundering vehicle between Russia and the Trump campaign?
While we're on the subject, why was there a server in Trump Tower connected to Alfa Bank in Russia?
What possible purpose would that serve?

Can't wait to learn what Butina has to say, as she has now flipped and is cooperating fully with investigators...
People are saying. Believe me.

emperortk

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:49 am

bagoldex wrote:
The president's most recent tweet ...

“Democrats can’t find a Smocking Gun tying the Trump campaign to Russia after James Comey’s testimony. No Smocking Gun...No Collusion.” @FoxNews That’s because there was NO COLLUSION. So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,...

Dementia or just plain stupid?

Classic false dilemma. It's very likely both.

einsteinboricua

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:54 am

NIKV69 wrote:

A piece of dog s#!t with $100M (willed or loaned) to its name could be elected if people are led to believe that it's actually chocolate.

As Obama once said: you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

BestWestern

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 am

wingman wrote:
I thought it was worse for him if it WAS private transactions vs. self-funded campaign contributions which is what he always said.

Isn’t a private transaction with stormy prostitution?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

tommy1808

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 pm

BestWestern wrote:
wingman wrote:
I thought it was worse for him if it WAS private transactions vs. self-funded campaign contributions which is what he always said.

Isn’t a private transaction with stormy prostitution?

i guess Trump has just discovered a loophole .... if you pay for sex, that is prostitution, if you pay your callgirl to never talk about it but the sex was for free, it isn´t.....

best regards
Thomas

zkojq

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
and has a heck of a lot more money than you.

Yeah it's amazing what inheriting hundreds of millions of dollars can do for one's personal fortune. :roll:
First to fly the 787-9

tommy1808

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:14 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
zkojq wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Yeah it's amazing what inheriting hundreds of millions of dollars can do for one's personal fortune. :roll:

considering the number of bankruptcies i´d say it "can", but doesn´t have to do much for you.....

zkojq

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:16 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
zkojq wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

considering the number of bankruptcies i´d say it "can", but doesn´t have to do much for you.....

:rotfl: Too true.
First to fly the 787-9

emperortk

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
zkojq wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Let's be fair. Most of his bankruptcies were related to his casinos, and we all know it takes an extra-brilliant genius to make money from a casino. What's that saying about casinos, the house always loses?

KICT

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Don't cry for me, says Butina
The truth is, I never left you
All through my wild days, my spy existence
The deal I've cut now
Helps the Resistance
People are saying. Believe me.

DL717

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:28 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

He’s the ultimate Twitter troll. Look how much time has been spent on this. He’s laughing all the way to the bank.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

DL717

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:33 pm

emperortk wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
zkojq wrote:

Let's be fair. Most of his bankruptcies were related to his casinos, and we all know it takes an extra-brilliant genius to make money from a casino. What's that saying about casinos, the house always loses?

Atlantic City went completely belly up, five casinos failed. It was systemic and brought on by Indian gaming.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

2122M

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:27 pm

DL717 wrote:
emperortk wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]

Atlantic City went completely belly up, five casinos failed. It was systemic and brought on by Indian gaming.

Of the 4 early 90s bankruptcies, 3 were Trumps (The Trump Taj Mahal, Trump Castle and Trump Plaza all fell in '91 and 92 after Resorts AC filed for bankruptcy in '89). Trump World's Fair shut down in '99 along with a couple of other non-Trump casinos. Trump filed for bankruptcy yet again in 2004 for Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts and a sixth bankruptcy came in 2009 as Trump is forced to resign as chair of Trump Entertainment Resorts.

What a super stable genius he is! I don't care why Atlantic City was in a world of hurt or which minority you want to blame, Trump got in in 1984 and filed 6 bankruptcies over the next 25 years. The fact that other casinos were also failing should have been a sign that maybe AC was not the best place to invest. And if Indian Casinos were the issue, why did it take him 25 years to figure that out?

The guy is not exactly smart. He is great at clawing his way to the center of attention and abandoning all morals in order to get a big cheer from his base, but he's not smart.

quick edit: The Trump Taj Mahal went belly up after SIX MONTHS! That's only 19 Scaramuccis!

tommy1808

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm

2122M wrote:
Trump got in in 1984 and filed 6 bankruptcies over the next 25 years. The fact that other casinos were also failing should have been a sign that maybe AC was not the best place to invest.

an of course the question would be: How many of those other Casinos have formed a string of bankruptcies by one owner?

best regards
Thomas

2122M

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:58 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
2122M wrote:
Trump got in in 1984 and filed 6 bankruptcies over the next 25 years. The fact that other casinos were also failing should have been a sign that maybe AC was not the best place to invest.

an of course the question would be: How many of those other Casinos have formed a string of bankruptcies by one owner?

best regards
Thomas

Here's a pretty comprehensive list: https://publicism.info/economics/casino/9.html

Bankrupcies is AC

Trump - 6
Revel Entertainment Group LLC - 2
Elsinore - 1
Griffin Gaming & Entertainment Company - 1
Inns of America - 1
Del Webb Corp. - 1
Columbia Sussex Corporation - 1
Resorts International Holdings - 1
Colony Capital LLC - 1

jupiter2

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

wingman wrote:
I thought it was worse for him if it WAS private transactions vs. self-funded campaign contributions which is what he always said prior. Now he seems to be confessing that the hush money was in fact not that but transactions instead. The man is so corrupt it makes it's impossible to follow. Whatever the case the White House is now literally awash in the raw sewage that spews out Trump's every orifice daily. I get this image of people wading through a pool of shit just to get to the oval office where Trump floats around in a one man dinghy typing his latest brain-fart on Twitter.

Every day is a new wonder trying to understand what the worse catastrophe is..is it Trump or is it Brexit? Right now it's a dead heat but I give the edge to Trump because he's a single person as calamitous an an entire parliament, that's takes special skill in my book.

That's a really disturbing image :ill:

Following from the far side of the world, I used to be disturbed by the crap that he spouts, but now I look forward to the next installment each day to put some levity into my life. I realise that as a whole, there really isn't anything funny about it. Still puzzled how any sensible, rational person, with a hint of morality, can support this buffoon :scratchchin:

wingman

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:24 pm

I don't know what Trump is smocking but where there is smock there is Russia.

trpmb6

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Honestly, if we created a thread for every politician that had a typo, the forum would be full. Just saw one from AOC where she meant to say "on" but wrote "one" instead.

seb146

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:58 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Honestly, if we created a thread for every politician that had a typo, the forum would be full. Just saw one from AOC where she meant to say "on" but wrote "one" instead.

It's not just one typo, though. If it were only one or if a misspelling happened once in a while, no one would care. It is the thoughts and action behind all these statements from an unsecured phone in the middle of the night. He says there was no collusion. It is quaint he believes that. He has provided zero proof. Meanwhile, there is mounting evidence that Russia did interfere in our elections and that the orange one is individual number one. That is the more important point.

johnboy

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:07 pm

DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

He’s the ultimate Twitter troll. Look how much time has been spent on this. He’s laughing all the way to the bank.

The bank? LMAO!

tommy1808

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:10 pm

johnboy wrote:
DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

The bank? LMAO!

Why not the bank? He has to regularly beg banks to keep him liquid after all. And hey, at Deutsche Bank, so probably freshly laundered Russian mob money.

Best regards
Thomas