Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caliboy93
Topic Author

Leg Day Workouts

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Hey! So what does your Leg Day routine look like?

casinterest

Re: Leg Day Workouts

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm

caliboy93 wrote:
Hey! So what does your Leg Day routine look like?

Walk to work.
Walk home from work.

Sometimes I walk the dog.

Done deal.
Where ever you go, there you are.

desertjets

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 pm

I am new to the whole working out thing and I have found that if I am going to get it done leg day needs to happen at the beginning of the week or its just not gonna happen. Lower body work outs seem much harder in general and I now get why I see all these dudes with well developed upper bodies but scrawny ass legs. So yeah Mondays are usually leg days for that reason. I found a YouTube workout channel that I really like and work along with them. It helps because I wouldn't know what to do otherwise.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

trpmb6

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Squats and lunges with some other core stuff thrown in. Adding free weights to increase intensity. I'm not as worried about the amount of weight I'm using as I am technique. I also bike and row (though rowing is much more core and upper body than the little bit of leg workout you get). I play in a recreational soccer league at least once a week and that is probably the "workout" that leaves me the sorest to be honest.

Kiwirob

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Squats, squats and more squats. Occasionally jump on the leg press and leg extension machines, and do seated and standing calf raises. Plus deadlifts also work the legs. I usually do 5 warm up sets and 5 working sets of squats each workout, I’m following a strength training program so squat 3 times a week.

caliboy93
Topic Author

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 am

[photoid][/photoid]
Kiwirob wrote:
Squats, squats and more squats. Occasionally jump on the leg press and leg extension machines, and do seated and standing calf raises. Plus deadlifts also work the legs. I usually do 5 warm up sets and 5 working sets of squats each workout, I’m following a strength training program so squat 3 times a week.

Are kettlebell squats better than barbell squats?

seat64k

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:27 am

Barbell squats, Romanian deadlifts, leg press, leg curls, standing calf raises. Twice a week. I'm looking to start adding weighted lunges, but man, they hurt.

Redd

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:43 am

Cycling and jogging. During the winter I don't use cycling as training but I use it for communing and I also jog 4 x 10km per week. I've been using a fixed gear bike for about 8 years for commuting and it builds the hell out of your legs as the pedals never stop, you only have one high gear and need immense back pressure to slow down.

Leaves me to only work out my upper body in they gym without skinny leg syndrome :D

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:46 am

caliboy93 wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
Kiwirob wrote:

Are kettlebell squats better than barbell squats?

I've never tried them, I used to squat 150kg 5x5, I've never seen a 150kg kettlebell, I couldn't lift one that weight either.

I'd go with barbell, I'm pretty traditional, I prefer the bar across my shoulders, feet shoulder width apart, squatting to thighs below parallel, I can't get bum to the floor anymore but I go as low as possible.