Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146
Topic Author

US Government Shutdown Likely

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:50 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics ... index.html

Because individual #1 will not sign a bill passed in both chambers of Congress because it does not include funding for his wall, this sets up a government shut down.

Republicans have been in control of all branches of government for two years and have gotten zero done on border security. I just wanted to point that out. That and individual #1 will be heading for Mar-A-Lago on vacation. Again.
Last edited by qf789 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title for clarity
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

WingsFan

Re: Government Shutdown Likely

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:20 pm

seb146 wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/donald-trump-shutdown-border-wall-funding/index.html

Because individual #1 will not sign a bill passed in both chambers of Congress because it does not include funding for his wall, this sets up a government shut down.

Republicans have been in control of all branches of government for two years and have gotten zero done on border security. I just wanted to point that out. That and individual #1 will be heading for Mar-A-Lago on vacation. Again.

What part of 'Mexico will pay for the wall' do you not understand?

ltbewr

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Just like a baby, Trump throws his toys out of the crib and cries, he has no concerns about how government is supposed to function. The issues of immigration were ignored or put off for decades, Trump was able to use the growing anger of a plurality of Americans toward most Immigrants and won in part due to it. He made a commitment for his simplistic, 1700 mile wall which is never going to happen, would cost $100 Billion to even come close and would just mean immigrants coming on boats or paying smugglers even more money to get in.
Better might be to hire enough people in ICE and other agencies (that he has been cutting) to enforce current laws, especially on employers, find ways to improve conditions in the economically bankrupt, corrupt and violent countries and areas of countries the immigrants are coming from and establish a orderly work permit program with limits on numbers and what work they could do.

casinterest

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:33 pm

And no one will be to blame but Donald Trump. The US Government spends 12 Billion a Day, and this moron wants to shut down for how many days? over 5 billion dollars?
Where ever you go, there you are.

trpmb6

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 pm

casinterest wrote:
And no one will be to blame but Donald Trump. The US Government spends 12 Billion a Day, and this moron wants to shut down for how many days? over 5 billion dollars?

Exactly, give him the wall. It's not even that much :eyeroll:

I'm glad he's taking a stand.

He said he wasn't going to sign another spending bill without wall funding after he signed the omnibus. Now here we are!

I think Pelosi wants to hold fast so the wall can be used as a bargaining chip for an immigration bill next year. I'm all for an immigration bill. But gotta start building fences/walls some form of barrier now.

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:07 pm

So what? Everyone of these shutdowns come and go, no one notices except those tuned into CNN/Fox. The whole Versailles on Potomac should be shutdown and scattered to the winds.

GF

casinterest

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:10 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

He said he wasn't going to sign another spending bill without wall funding after he signed the omnibus. Now here we are!

I think Pelosi wants to hold fast so the wall can be used as a bargaining chip for an immigration bill next year. I'm all for an immigration bill. But gotta start building fences/walls some form of barrier now.

you remember how the last government shutdown went right? The GOP does not want to be the cause of another ,right before Christmas.

Also, this is a short term budget, not even the full one. If Trump wants to grandstand on this, it will only prove how much of an idiot he is.

zakuivcustom

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:20 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Want a wall? Individual-1 needs to get his a** down to Mexico and get some money from there. They're suppose to be paying for it, not US taxpayers.

ltbewr wrote:
Better might be to hire enough people in ICE and other agencies (that he has been cutting) to enforce current laws, especially on employers, find ways to improve conditions in the economically bankrupt, corrupt and violent countries and areas of countries the immigrants are coming from and establish a orderly work permit program with limits on numbers and what work they could do.

Exactly. 21st century problem required 21st century solution. Surveillance Camera, Drones, more people on Border Patrol, etc.

And all those cheap labors? Work permit system with some path to residency (i.e. if the laborers had pay tax, be a good person, etc.), and also use an improved version of e-verify, along with throwing employers in jail/fine them for hiring illegal labors. The framework already exist anyway, not that hard to push it the next step. And don't give me BS about how this "steal jobs from Americans", as if any of those people actually get off their a** and do hard works.

trpmb6

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:32 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:

And all those cheap labors? Work permit system with some path to residency (i.e. if the laborers had pay tax, be a good person, etc.), and also use an improved version of e-verify, along with throwing employers in jail/fine them for hiring illegal labors. The framework already exist anyway, not that hard to push it the next step. And don't give me BS about how this "steal jobs from Americans", as if any of those people actually get off their a** and do hard works.

I don't really want to rehash the same arguments we've had in the recent past here, but I agree to all of that. Just give us additional border security in the form of physical barriers and surveillance + boots on the ground.

Hell, go buy Airplanes if you have to. Not selfish of me to request that at all :angel:

MaverickM11

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 pm

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

you remember how the last government shutdown went right? The GOP does not want to be the cause of another ,right before Christmas.

Was that when they hand wrote the sequester, immediately got bit in the a$$ by their own sequester, and then tried to blame the sequester on everyone else? Good times...

zakuivcustom wrote:
Want a wall? Individual-1 needs to get his a** down to Mexico and get some money from there. They're suppose to be paying for it, not US taxpayers.

I loved watching fat slob Sanders try to explain how the new trade deal would just provide "extra money" for the wall which was baaaaasiqally the same as Mexico paying for it. Turns out her grasp of trade and math are not as good as her lying skills. Sad!
I don't take responsibility at all

MSPNWA

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Shut it down. Will be the most efficient the government has been in decades.

It is a striking visualization of how doomed this "country" is. The majority of Congress is willing to shutdown the government for their desire for open borders (AKA no country). You can't get much more backwards than that. Shutting down the government to strengthen the border is patriotic. Shutting it down for open borders is treasonous.

casinterest

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:15 pm

MSPNWA wrote:

It is a striking visualization of how doomed this "country" is. The majority of Congress is willing to shutdown the government for their desire for open borders (AKA no country). You can't get much more backwards than that. Shutting down the government to strengthen the border is patriotic. Shutting it down for open borders is treasonous.

Open borders?
Seriously? Are we going to put the wall up with Canada?

Is that like you putting a wall around your wife because she has open borders?

zakuivcustom

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm

MSPNWA wrote:

Huh?

Republican still has control of the House, the Senate, and the presidency. Senate did their job, Dems are going to vote FOR the CR (and thus keep the govt running), it is the R’s that want a shutdown.

Oh, and again, Mexico is suppose to pay for the wall. And not like Dems didn’t give any money to Individual-1 for border security either. So how exactly are they for “open borders”?

MSPNWA

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:59 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Huh?

Republican still has control of the House, the Senate, and the presidency. Senate did their job, Dems are going to vote FOR the CR (and thus keep the govt running), it is the R’s that want a shutdown.

Oh, and again, Mexico is suppose to pay for the wall. And not like Dems didn’t give any money to Individual-1 for border security either. So how exactly are they for “open borders”?

I said the "majority", which in this case is all Democrats and probably about half of the Republicans. They desire open borders. Simple as that.

When you are against the most basic, effective, and cost-efficient manner to slow a chronic illegal immigration problem (which no one denies is a problem), you're for open borders. You state your desire for more to come in to this country illegally. Whether it's for cheap labor, votes in the ballet box, or any other nefarious reason, you're not upholding the people, country, and laws you swore to protect. That's treasonous. To say otherwise is simply wrong. There is no other option. It's like saying the earth doesn't exist. You can believe it if you want, but it's a lie.

einsteinboricua

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:03 am

I am so glad we have public servants like Mark Meadowswho remind public sector workers that if there is a shutdown and don't get paid, then that's what they signed up for...never mind that Congress still gets paid regardless. Nice to see the party that wants to keep Christ in Christmas being into the holiday spirit.

trpmb6 wrote:
But gotta start building fences/walls some form of barrier now.

But surely a master negotiator like Trump can complete his campaign promise to have Mexico pay for the wall...not reimburse, not "indirect payments". As a taxpayer, I do not want my tax dollars going to a pet project, especially one he claimed during the campaign trail that would never be financed by American taxpayers.

MSPNWA wrote:

The joys of working in the private sector. I got mine; who cares about you public sector workers?

MSPNWA wrote:
It is a striking visualization of how doomed this "country" is. The majority of Congress is willing to shutdown the government for their desire for open borders (AKA no country). You can't get much more backwards than that.
You DO realize that Republicans still control all levers of the government so if it shuts down, it only serves to prove their incompetence with governing. The House does not convene until January so any items on agenda that haven't been covered are all in the GOP's hands. Isn't it funny how we're always criticized and called lazy for wanting to take time off, but Congress always takes weeks off on end and leaves stuff to deal with to the very end (or deals with silly items...like investigating Clinton)?

MSPNWA wrote:
Shutting down the government to strengthen the border is patriotic. Shutting it down for open borders is treasonous.
If Mexico was gonna pay for the wall, Democrats are ensuring the promise is kept. That WAS the slogan: Mexico will pay for the wall. It's not Democrats' fault the "author" of The Art of the Deal can't cut a deal to have Mexico fund the wall.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

jonnyclam123

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 am

casinterest wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
Is that like you putting a wall around your wife because she has open borders?

That hurts

johnboy

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 am

MSPNWA wrote:

When you are against the most basic, effective, and cost-efficient manner to slow a chronic illegal immigration problem (which no one denies is a problem), you're for open borders. You state your desire for more to come in to this country illegally. Whether it's for cheap labor, votes in the ballet box, or any other nefarious reason, you're not upholding the people, country, and laws you swore to protect. That's treasonous. To say otherwise is simply wrong. There is no other option. It's like saying the earth doesn't exist. You can believe it if you want, but it's a lie.

Actually, I’m sure there are equally effective means of policing the border sans a physical wall. Just because some folks can’t visualize that doesn’t mean others are treasonous - just means the person advocating for a wall is a special kind of stupid.

einsteinboricua

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:15 am

MSPNWA wrote:
I said the "majority", which in this case is all Democrats and probably about half of the Republicans. They desire open borders. Simple as that.

And as it turns out, the majority don't want to see taxpayers' money to be used on a wall and believe it's not worth shutting down the government over.

But when the majority is only meant to be those who participate in or please the Freedom Caucus, no wonder DC is called the swamp.

DeltaMD90

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:20 am

I hate when shutdowns happen and it becomes a rush for the blame game. "oh Congress isn't sending what will be signed" "the president will throw a hissy fit and not sign the bill if he doesn't get what he wants."

How about when the government shuts down Congress loses their paycheck for the next year? Think we'd see a lot of bipartisanism real fast

einsteinboricua

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:37 am

Well, it's a good thing Trump said he'll own the shutdown...live on TV. So we can skip the blaming part.

DeltaMD90

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:46 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Well, it's a good thing Trump said he'll own the shutdown...live on TV. So we can skip the blaming part.

Yeah I mean I'm fine with that. Blame him while kicking all 535 + 2 of them on the streets and into the unemployment line

Seriously, what other organization let's embarrassing incompetence go unpunished year after year? National disgrace

ltbewr

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:51 am

Give him the $5 Billion. With all the bureaucracy, all the environmental reviews and the need for land to put parts of the wall up, Trump will be long out of office and it can be rescinded.

Dieuwer

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 am

The House caved and agreed to $5.7B for a wall...

seb146
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:16 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Republicans throwing away even more money.

Let's keep this clear. Republicans had two years to get this fixed, they did nothing, their dear leader throws his tantrum and they cave. Republicans.

Let's also be clear: Mexico WILL NOT PAY FOR THE WALL. Period. Ever.

DeltaMD90

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:41 am

seb146 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Let's keep this clear. Republicans had two years to get this fixed, they did nothing, their dear leader throws his tantrum and they cave. Republicans.

Don't worry Seb, there actually is wall funding:

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

zakuivcustom

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:24 am

ltbewr wrote:
Give him the $5 Billion. With all the bureaucracy, all the environmental reviews and the need for land to put parts of the wall up, Trump will be long out of office and it can be rescinded.

Environmental Reviews? Under Individual-1?
Land? You mean the goberment can't just snatched land up? That's what they do is Rossiya, right?

In more seriousness, we all know those $5B will end up in the pocket of Trump Wall Construction, Inc. or Kushner, Inc. or some random Individual-1 supporters.

EDIT:
DeltaMD90 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Don't worry Seb, there actually is wall funding:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow...up to 9M now. Only 9.991B to go. Getting there. :stirthepot:

Oh, and we'll see if AA747123 donates some money also. Individual-1 can also donate some of his money to the effort. Get a tax write-off also :stirthepot:

Tugger

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:33 am

trpmb6 wrote:

I'm glad he's taking a stand..

I just found it another example of how easily manipulated Trump is. Just say something on Fox enough (lets be honest) and he runs that way.

I think "the wall" is a useless waste of money as he presents it. Taking land from citizens and conceding territory to Mexico is dumb. And that is what he is calling for.

And I don't want to waste our money on something like that.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

seb146
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:55 am

Tugger wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

I'm glad he's taking a stand..

I just found it another example of how easily manipulated Trump is. Just say something on Fox enough (lets be honest) and he runs that way.

I think "the wall" is a useless waste of money as he presents it. Taking land from citizens and conceding territory to Mexico is dumb. And that is what he is calling for.

And I don't want to waste our money on something like that.

Tugg

Illegal crossings are at a 46 year low

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/05/56854638 ... 6-year-low

And there are still illegals who have let their visas expire. But, yeah, let's throw money at something that will not fix anything....

scbriml

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:26 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
So what? Everyone of these shutdowns come and go, no one notices except those tuned into CNN/Fox. The whole Versailles on Potomac should be shutdown and scattered to the winds.

Wait, I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp? :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

tommy1808

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:37 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
So what? Everyone of these shutdowns come and go, no one notices except those tuned into CNN/Fox.

... unless you don´t get paid over Christmas of course....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

tommy1808

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:41 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
Oh, and we'll see if AA747123 donates some money also. Individual-1 can also donate some of his money to the effort. Get a tax write-off also :stirthepot:

Nah, they either don´t have money to donate or don´t want *their* money to be used to fund the border wall, but other peoples money.....

If anyone that voted for the wall put up a quarter per day the wall would be done before President Trump is Indicted.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

luckyone

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

Which will not jive with the Senate bill as Democrats have the votes to veto it—and they shall. What they’ve effectively done is kick the can to the incoming Democratic House, knowing full well that the wall will not be funded. Whatever bill they pass has a better chance of reconciling with the Senate Bill as is. Now whether the Senate can override a potential Presidential Veto is another story.

Regarding gofundme...how many people will be surprised when that money magically appears in the accountant’s “Whoopsie misc” column and winds up in Trump’s (or his legal team’s) pocket? I’m not sure what the accounting laws are for a fund such as that, but they don’t seem well regulated. Someone who knows better please shed some light, but like many things with this President, it seems skulduggerous.

Dieuwer

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 pm

luckyone wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Which will not jive with the Senate bill as Democrats have the votes to veto it—and they shall.

Why do they have the votes to veto it? Do they have the majority in the senate?

bennett123

Re: US Government Shutdown Likely

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46637638

Apparently the Republicans need more than a simple majority.

luckyone

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
luckyone wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Which will not jive with the Senate bill as Democrats have the votes to veto it—and they shall.

Why do they have the votes to veto it? Do they have the majority in the senate?

No. But they can filibuster the bill, which requires 60 votes to override. Republicans don't have 60 votes. So, fair question because technically they don't have "veto" power, and that was a poor choice of words on my part. But they can kill the bill nonetheless.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
So what? Everyone of these shutdowns come and go, no one notices except those tuned into CNN/Fox.

best regards
Thomas

Having been in civil service thru the Clinton years, most are considered “essential” and get paid and the laid off get back pay, so no one’s hurt. It’s all a Potemkin village writ large.

GF

AA747123

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:30 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Not if the nuclear option is used (which I think will happen) then its a simple majority. 50% plus one vote.

casinterest

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:33 pm

AA747123 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Not if the nuclear option is used (which I think will happen) then its a simple majority. 50% plus one vote.

All for a temporary spending bill?
If the GOP uses the Nuclear option, then the house can come back in February and discontinue the funding.

The Nuclear option has no benefit for the GOP, nor does the shutdown.

wingman

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Illegal terrorist invaders masquerading as young mothers and their toddlers is a fake news story. It's easily the fakest news story of the new century. Obama was tossing out illegals at a faster pace than any prior president in history. Just because Fox News doesn't remember that doesn't mean it's not true, the facts are there as reported by the appropriate governmental agencies. Immigration is at a 50 year year low while our economy runs at maximum employment. So what's the real issue here that demands a massive $10,$20 or $50B wall? There isn't one truly. There are better ways to enforce legal immigration and border security without building some type of as yet undefined "wall". So far I haven't seen anyone provide even a moderately accurate estimate of what this wall will cost to build, man or maintain. Where is the plan so that we can all review it in detail and debate its merits? How will it prevent drug or human trafficking that comes through the country in tunnels? Like healthcare there's no GOP plan that we can analyze and discuss, just slavering tweets from a madman dog whistling to his base and politicians and news channels helping him create an illusion of "invading terrorist hordes". It's been 2 full years since the GOP controlled every facet of the US Government and some 30+ state legislatures. Was that not enough time to prepare and present thorugh and detailed plans for a wall? Do they need some paper and a box of crayons? What the fuck man.

Want to tackle some real problems in this country? Let's try healthcare, education, opioid use and crime. Any one of those alone is 10X a real problem compared to illegal immigration. But they just don't rile up the inner core that marches to Don Don's tweeting thumbs or Hannity's raging spittle. Building a wall is a fake solution to a problem that's being well addressed as is and within current budget, kicked into very gear by none other that a Democratic president that the mentally challenged now call an "open borders whore". It's hard to see a way forward when so many people are so genuinely stupid.

luckyone

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:13 pm

AA747123 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

The problem with that boneheaded idea is that the end result is wild swings of unstable policy. When equally unscrupulous Democrats hold the Senate (and only the Koolest of the Kool-Aid drinkers will reject such a possibility) as they inevitably will because these things are cyclical they will invoke the same policy.

alfa164

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:42 pm

wingman wrote:
Building a wall is a fake solution to a problem that's being well addressed as is and within current budget, kicked into very gear by none other that a Democratic president that the mentally challenged now call an "open borders whore". It's hard to see a way forward when so many people are so genuinely stupid.

"Stop! You are under arrest! Why are you trying to enter the USA illegally?"

"I just come here for work... there are no jobs where I come from..."

"Would you like a job in the White House? Our leader can't find anyone who wants to work for him...please come on in!"
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

einsteinboricua

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:51 pm

AA747123 wrote:

GOP doesn't even have the votes to go nuclear, and even if they do, there's no guarantee that there's appetite to support the bill the House passed, so the nuclear option becomes irrelevant.

I swear, MAGATS and Trump go together: no math skills.

trpmb6

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:51 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Having been in civil service thru the Clinton years, most are considered “essential” and get paid and the laid off get back pay, so no one’s hurt. It’s all a Potemkin village writ large.

GF

I get that some people struggle with finances.. But seriously, if you can't weather a couple of weeks without being paid then you need to rework your budgets and save some damn money. We've done this so many times they should honestly expect this to happen each year. The public at large has more or less decided its not a big deal because they all get paid afterwards, and in many cases these non-essential personnel don't even report to work. So you don't go to work.. You still get paid... sounds like a good deal to me.

alfa164

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:58 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I get that some people struggle with finances.. But seriously, if you can't weather a couple of weeks without being paid then you need to rework your budgets and save some damn money. We've done this so many times they should honestly expect this to happen each year. The public at large has more or less decided its not a big deal because they all get paid afterwards, and in many cases these non-essential personnel don't even report to work. So you don't go to work.. You still get paid... sounds like a good deal to me.

I am sure the Secret Service agents guarding Herr Trump will be impressed.... having to watch him play golf while they aren't getting paid...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

trpmb6

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:25 pm

alfa164 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

I am sure the Secret Service agents guarding Herr Trump will be impressed.... having to watch him play golf while they aren't getting paid...

;)

Oh, I can even one up you on this. The 54,000 customs and border patrol employees will also be forced to work without getting paid immediately either. How's that for irony :duck:

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Essential services Will. Be. Paid. Shutdown or no shutdown, as will most government workers and pensioners, etc. It’s all a show.

Gf

akiss20

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:49 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Essential services Will. Be. Paid. Shutdown or no shutdown, as will most government workers and pensioners, etc. It’s all a show.

Gf

They get paid eventually. Not while the government is shutdown, just weeks or months afterwords.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

salttee

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:59 pm

So let's put some teeth into this thing. Congress should pass a law that prohibits lending money or extending credit to government employees whose paychecks are being withheld by government shutdown.

The Republicans are just being wishy washy if they don't do that, and we know how the base hates wishy washy.

Let's get it on!

Ken777

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:02 pm

My thinking is that we can get that $5 billion in wall built for $2 billion - just have Mexican's build the wall from the Mexican side. That allows farmers and ranchers to maintain their full property on one side only, sufficient money for kickbacks, fraud, etc.

Trump understands all of that and will figure out how to get his kids part of those kickbacks.

DeltaMD90

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm

I get it, non-essential sounds pretty unimportant and people "should" be able to weather it for a few weeks. But I know a lot of these people, they are absolutely essential to our unit's success and get paid way too little IMO. These silly shutdowns really affect them, and they're some of the most hardworking people I know

The government has plenty of waste, no doubt, I see it more days than not, and I'm sure there are some government workers that really are unneeded. But a lot of them are as important and do as much/more for our country than actual uniformed military admin personnel.

Keep that in mind when you cheer on or at least shrug off government shutdowns. One of the "non essential" personnel I know is a super hardcore Trump guy, they come in all shapes and sizes