User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm

BN747 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:
Viewpoints like these really question your intellectual honesty and belittle your other points. I'm really not exactly sure what you're arguing, I mean I guess the most important opinions on North Korean governance are from North Koreans... hopefully we can agree there.

But um, I get we are coming from different angles of things, but seriously? North Korea? You don't see any sort of oppression and the blocking of citizens to have a fair say in their government? I'm sure if you could honestly poll North Koreans and wave a magic wand, their version of North Korea would be much different than the (universally acknowledged) mess we see today.

What exactly is your point? I'm hearing a bunch of "it's up to the North Koreans and we aren't North Koreans lalalalalala all is fair lalalalalala nothing to see here"


I'll try to rephrase and simplify my point. In my view - nobody from outside of North Korea should tell North Koreans how to live and how to run their state. That includes criticism of what's wrong there, what should be changed - things like "dictatorship", "authoritarian rule", "oppressive regime" and the likes. North Koreans should figure all that out themselves. Nothing else. I don't tend to criticize their leadership and their government for this very reason.

There just are a few people here who still like to "democratize" other countries, and nothing good ever comes out of that.


You rephrased it and it’s even more of a disaster.

How the hell can the North Koreans decide who to rule/govern them when that decision is NOT actually up to them at all?

The thing that makes us is human... is called ‘Humanity’. Humanity, worldwide has taken a unified stand against inhumanity everywhere. North Korea is atop that list of such nations.

Now you go ahead continue publicly telling people (or who ever listens to you) that ‘what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern- if they look at you as though you have a third eye.....welllll..

BN747


Our Anrec80 defends the Putin regime, so he believes that we cannot have an opinion about the Putin regime and their democratic standing, or lack there of, because if Russians want something else, it is up to the Russians to remove the Putin regime. But even that is ridiculous with the amount of control the Putin regime has.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
caoimhin
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:53 pm

WIederling wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Interesting article about life in Russia : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46617186

RU poverty rate. 1/5th ( rather unscientific, but what the heck.

compare US : 1/3rd of population can be seen as living in poverty.


Strangely, a cursory internet search shows a higher poverty rate in Deutchland than in the US. Any idea what the cause is?
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:48 am

salttee wrote:
You might have a point if not for the fact that NK has been a belligerent state from it's inception and is currently collecting nuclear weapons and building ICBMs - and has frequently threatened to use them. It's almost as if you're trying to pretend that NK is not NK.


NK? Belligerent? And how many wars for the past 30 years has NK started? There is, however, one other “piece loving” and very democratic nation that just loves sending to their shores aircraft carriers and other toys. This “nation” also likes to “democratize” other nation, often without asking their opinion. And the only way to explain to this nation that someone does not want their “democracy” is WMD with ICBMs. No other, unfortunately. And this year the ICBM argument showed that it can do miracles.

For example, Syria and Ukraine did not have ICBMs, and what happened to their countries as the result? Nothing built civil war and degradation, nothing else. So North Korean leadership did what it needed to do to protect their country, and its sovereignty. I see the choice to develop these programs as one forced upon them. And I truly admire North Korean scientists and engineers - in conditions of such isolation to pull off ballistic and nuclear programs is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Russian developments of new hypersonic ICMBs is also the result of USA exiting missile defense agreement.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:51 am

Dutchy wrote:
Our Anrec80 defends the Putin regime, so he believes that we cannot have an opinion about the Putin regime and their democratic standing, or lack there of, because if Russians want something else, it is up to the Russians to remove the Putin regime. But even that is ridiculous with the amount of control the Putin regime has.


Yes, it is up to Russians who run their country and what “regime” does it have. It’s none of your business. And nobody in Russia is asking for your help. You already successfully “changed the regime” in Ukraine - what’s the result?
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:52 am

anrec80 wrote:
salttee wrote:
You might have a point if not for the fact that NK has been a belligerent state from it's inception and is currently collecting nuclear weapons and building ICBMs - and has frequently threatened to use them. It's almost as if you're trying to pretend that NK is not NK.


NK? Belligerent? And how many wars for the past 30 years has NK started?

The one Grandaddy Kim started in June of 1950 (with Russian instigation, equipment, logistics and planning) is the only one that matters in this discussion.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13056
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:58 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/vid ... shot-video

Now there it is folks, the man himself. I think him saying such is a look into his quirks. Admiration for power to a fault???
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:07 am

BN747 wrote:
You rephrased it and it’s even more of a disaster.

How the hell can the North Koreans decide who to rule/govern them when that decision is NOT actually up to them at all?

The thing that makes us is human... is called ‘Humanity’. Humanity, worldwide has taken a unified stand against inhumanity everywhere. North Korea is atop that list of such nations.

Now you go ahead continue publicly telling people (or who ever listens to you) that ‘what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern- if they look at you as though you have a third eye.....welllll..

BN747


Yes, my viewpoint is “what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern”, you are correct. Today, North Koreans nonetheless recognize Kim’s government as their legitimate one. Nobody argues with that, and this is what should primarily matter to those outside of North Korea. Nothing is forever, and when the North Koreans themselves see the conditions for changes, they will drive the changes, and the changes will happen. Propaganda and ideology can only somewhat slow down realization of the need of changes, and the pace of these changes, but not completely eliminate those.

Meddling into their affairs will not bring anything good - 20th and 21st century history shows that. West has already meddled with Ukraine - and among results was that NK got missile engine technologies from Ukraine. Syria - well, hundreds of thousands dead and nothing achieved.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:13 am

anrec80 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
You rephrased it and it’s even more of a disaster.

How the hell can the North Koreans decide who to rule/govern them when that decision is NOT actually up to them at all?

The thing that makes us is human... is called ‘Humanity’. Humanity, worldwide has taken a unified stand against inhumanity everywhere. North Korea is atop that list of such nations.

Now you go ahead continue publicly telling people (or who ever listens to you) that ‘what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern- if they look at you as though you have a third eye.....welllll..

BN747


Yes, my viewpoint is “what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern”, you are correct. Today, North Koreans nonetheless recognize Kim’s government as their legitimate one. Nobody argues with that, and this is what should primarily matter to those outside of North Korea. Nothing is forever, and when the North Koreans themselves see the conditions for changes, they will drive the changes, and the changes will happen. Propaganda and ideology can only somewhat slow down realization of the need of changes, and the pace of these changes, but not completely eliminate those.

Meddling into their affairs will not bring anything good - 20th and 21st century history shows that. West has already meddled with Ukraine - and among results was that NK got missile engine technologies from Ukraine. Syria - well, hundreds of thousands dead and nothing achieved.


So you are saying Putin shouldn't meddle in its neighbors' affairs, good we agree on something then. Or if Putin does it, it is ok in your book, whereby you are a hypocrite, which is it?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 am

caoimhin wrote:
Strangely, a cursory internet search shows a higher poverty rate in Deutchland than in the US. Any idea what the cause is?


Too much social assistance IMHO. Living off welfare (whether in Germany or the USA) is viewed as perfectly fine and compelling choice by too many. And this comfortable reliance preserves this poverty situation - the recipient is not willing to improve their skills and qualifications to get a better job, move to another area where they are in demand. In Russia, this assistance is barely minimal, and people are willing to move for jobs. And income and wealth distribution is comparable to that in USA.

Hence, I believe, pruning social assistance programs is a good way to start.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:22 am

Dutchy wrote:
So you are saying Putin shouldn't meddle in its neighbors' affairs, good we agree on something then. Or if Putin does it, it is ok in your book, whereby you are a hypocrite, which is it?


Yes, this is exactly what I am saying. Today, Russia doesn’t meddle anywhere. And that includes - I will not be a fan of Russia sticking into today’s Ukraine affairs, frankly. The course chosen by Ukrainian regime should come to its own bankruptcy naturally, and that must be understood by overwhelming majority of that territory’s residents.

Just don’t bring Donbass please. There, Ukrainian regime is standing against their own people instead of talking to them. And that is recognized by everyone including U.N. security concil. Russia is nowhere there.

Happy New Year!
 
BN747
Posts: 6614
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:34 am

anrec80 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
You rephrased it and it’s even more of a disaster.

How the hell can the North Koreans decide who to rule/govern them when that decision is NOT actually up to them at all?

The thing that makes us is human... is called ‘Humanity’. Humanity, worldwide has taken a unified stand against inhumanity everywhere. North Korea is atop that list of such nations.

Now you go ahead continue publicly telling people (or who ever listens to you) that ‘what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern- if they look at you as though you have a third eye.....welllll..

BN747


Yes, my viewpoint is “what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern”, you are correct. Today, North Koreans nonetheless recognize Kim’s government as their legitimate one. Nobody argues with that, and this is what should primarily matter to those outside of North Korea.



Thank goodness such simple-minded thinking is confined to a minority portion of humans versus the majority, who are able to empathize with their brethren. Such simplistic summations set up perfect fertile grounds for certain future disasters ,
. When good people fail to do anything amid unfortunate events...it's only a matter time before it's their turn - with no help on the horizon. Please don't spawn offspring, we need less ignorance, not more.

anrec80 wrote:
Nothing is forever, and when the North Koreans themselves see the conditions for changes, they will drive the changes, and the changes will happen. Propaganda and ideology can only somewhat slow down realization of the need of changes, and the pace of these changes, but not completely eliminate those.


That's mighty Ayn Rand of you, but there is shortage of 'do nothing, say nothing' types milling about (like you) and they are nothing but social annoyances.

anrec80 wrote:
Meddling into their affairs will not bring anything good - 20th and 21st century history shows that. West has already meddled with Ukraine - and among results was that NK got missile engine technologies from Ukraine. Syria - well, hundreds of thousands dead and nothing achieved.


Well, well, well global catastrophic gumbo - you think that recipe up all by yourself?

You all over the place connecting and converging vapid thoughts that amount nothing but the most illogical conclusions.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8497
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:22 am

anrec80 wrote:
NK? Belligerent? And how many wars for the past 30 years has NK started?

Again, not a great way to show intellectual honesty. When you're repeatedly defending the indefensible (the North Korean regime) it really doesn't bode well for your arguments

I don't know why you keep tying your defense of Russia to North Korea. While I don't particularly care for a lot of your arguments in favor of Russia, you're latching those arguments to a giant anchor (defense of universally acknowledged, horrible North Korea) and throwing it into the ocean

It seems pretty fallacious, dishonest, and honestly, self-induced. You can easily criticize the obvious awfulness of North Korea without at all tying that to any defense of Russia
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:42 am

BN747 wrote:

I'm do not possess the knowledge of actual events of the Georgia (you'd be lucky to find 20 Americans who do out of 300 million)story, so I'll wait for someone (hopefully a European) will come along and provide us with a fair neutral summation of occurrences there. Your version is dripping in so much RED, Russia has import ink from China to keep you supplied. In other words - I don't believe a word you said above because I know for fact you know absolute zero about US Military objections, tactics, readiness nor mission prioritizing. Given that, I'll just say you have a very red view of events sans any room for any other considerations. Georgia, it just is no big deal, who knew?


BN747


Ummm...just looking through opern public information it is pretty easy to see what happened and what was the effect. I do agree with you that I don't have a clue ablout the strategical planning of the U.S. military. But then again it is very clear what happened and what was the end result. And from this I can make the conclusion that either the U.S. intelligence and strategical planners are incompetent OR their mission was to screw themselves and help Russia, as that was the end result.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:44 am

BN747 wrote:
tu204 wrote:

2) Your idiot embassador to Russia invited pretty much the entire opposition to receptions at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, alienating them from the Russian population and showed them to be complete sellouts, killing any respect/ratings/chances they ever had...which wasn't much btw.
Killed the entire Russian opposition to Putin in one shot, rally the rest of the population around Putin and United Russia? Putin and United Russia didn't have to do anything. Just put a couple people with cheap cameras around the U.S. embassy and you guys did the rest of the work yourselves screwing yourselves.
We can really save money on our PR guys, all we have to do is let your guys do their thing, get the popcorn out and watch everything come back and hit you in the face.


It sounds like you're ,ore pissed at not being invited to the party than anything else. But IF this exactly what happened you're even more idiotic for believing 'that America would seriously embark on an authentic mission of such nature' versus how it actually appears - which seems to me (given your description) that this was rouse of sorts with a completely different objective than the obvious conclusion you've reached. I think you were suckered on that one.


Seems like you just went on some non-coherent rant here :roll:
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:53 am

BN747 wrote:
tu204 wrote:
3) Crimea - You sponsored and supported an illegal coup in Ukraine thinkin' it was a turkey shoot. Shit your pants when Russia used the mess you created to take back a strategically important region and have it overwhelmingly join the RF. At the same time you got stuck supporting an Ukranian version of Yeltsin and Hussein (alchoholic dictator) that you can't ditch, cause you supported him in the beginning and can't lose face now, that constantly begs you guys for money.
Yeah, you don't have any bases there, you don't need to. The fact that your guys threw their weight behind this coup is enough to show that you supported them. And they got nothing out of it, lost land and got thrown under the bus. No wonder anyone with problems and needing assistance these days is coming to Russia, and not the U.S.


Last I checked, Ukraine is still...Ukraine. Not the former Russian state it once was. So while you openly cheer and celebrate open hostile actions on another nations' sovereign territory because 'they wanted it back' (just like the bonehead Reagan/Bush move - 'We want the Panama Canal back"...but don't stop you from cheering for your side (seems I couldn't if I tried) it simply show your support is thru-the-roof for support totalitarian rule. Hopefully you are living in the middle of Moscow whooping ot up with others in love with Pooty (or maybe you're on the job here at A.net working for him - sounds like it). But if you think for a minute this is the direction the world wants as you do...you've lost touch with all reality. I've yet to hear any person say 'I want my country to be more like Russia'...TTrump feels that way, many of us wish that he would and get over with.

BN747


Yeah, Ukraine and kinda is still Ukraine.

However it is a pretty split country with one side supporting the west and the other Russia.
So when your guys decided to go in and interfere in their internal matters and supported one side, the other side said, "Ok, we're gonna do the same thing and GTFO."

The reality is that your dimwit analysts that "have been tracking Putin since he was a junior officer" and know everything about Russia were caught with their pants down and a penis up their arses when Russia threw their support for the Crimeans and quickly, without violence and quite effectively assisted in a refferendum that had Crimea join the Russian Federation.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Your analysts and strategical planners are incompetent when it comes to Russia. The guys you had back in the Cold War were good, but they are sippin' iced tea on their porches now, and the new folks have no clue what they are doin'. It is like they have a script in front of their faces and think that everyone is reading from it. But Russia isn't. And that is why you guys are losing this one, getting caught with your pants down at every single turn.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:05 am

BN747 wrote:

tu204 wrote:
4) Sanctions - you missed my point.
In the long term Russia has turned every sanction thrown at us to Russia's benefit. Be it boosting agricultural production almost twofold, industrial production and economic instruments. Without these sanctions, it was comfortable I guess to import chicken from the U.S., apples from the E.U. and use Visa/Mastercard giving them a comission off of every transaction taking place in Russia. However your stupid actions got Russians to get off their asses and actually develop these industries.

So I don't know what you are smokin', but just these points show that either your guys are incompetent, our guys are brilliant, or your guys are actually our guys in disguise.
Hell, I don't know which one to chose. I think something between choice 1 and 2.



Oh they have have they? Then if that's the case, why on earth are they pulling out the stops on doing everything they can think of to eliminate them if they have turned them to their advantage??? Both explanations can't be true. Either Russia is trying vehemently to end them OR they aren't and using them to their advantage as you say.


BN747


Ok, seems we are smokin' different stuff cause I haven't seen Russia actively doing anything to get sanctions removed.

Don't confuse using sanctions as a tool to throw countersanctions against your guys or using it as a bargaining tool in general.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:19 am

BN747 wrote:
The thing that makes us is human... is called ‘Humanity’. Humanity, worldwide has taken a unified stand against inhumanity everywhere. North Korea is atop that list of such nations.

BN747


So since the U.S. and it's actions have caused more dead than Al-Quada, ISIL and the rest of the gang, has been the biggest shit disturber in the last quarter of a decade and because it's actions have caused countless deaths we should also stand behind the terrorists that are fighting against this inhumanity? Is that what you are saying?
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:23 am

Dutchy wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
You rephrased it and it’s even more of a disaster.

How the hell can the North Koreans decide who to rule/govern them when that decision is NOT actually up to them at all?

The thing that makes us is human... is called ‘Humanity’. Humanity, worldwide has taken a unified stand against inhumanity everywhere. North Korea is atop that list of such nations.

Now you go ahead continue publicly telling people (or who ever listens to you) that ‘what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern- if they look at you as though you have a third eye.....welllll..

BN747


Yes, my viewpoint is “what goes on in North Korea is no one’s concern”, you are correct. Today, North Koreans nonetheless recognize Kim’s government as their legitimate one. Nobody argues with that, and this is what should primarily matter to those outside of North Korea. Nothing is forever, and when the North Koreans themselves see the conditions for changes, they will drive the changes, and the changes will happen. Propaganda and ideology can only somewhat slow down realization of the need of changes, and the pace of these changes, but not completely eliminate those.

Meddling into their affairs will not bring anything good - 20th and 21st century history shows that. West has already meddled with Ukraine - and among results was that NK got missile engine technologies from Ukraine. Syria - well, hundreds of thousands dead and nothing achieved.


So you are saying Putin shouldn't meddle in its neighbors' affairs, good we agree on something then. Or if Putin does it, it is ok in your book, whereby you are a hypocrite, which is it?


My opinion - we must meddle in reponse to your dude's meddling. If your opponent doesn't play by the rules, neither should you.

Happy New Years by the way.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:39 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
NK? Belligerent? And how many wars for the past 30 years has NK started?

Again, not a great way to show intellectual honesty. When you're repeatedly defending the indefensible (the North Korean regime) it really doesn't bode well for your arguments

I don't know why you keep tying your defense of Russia to North Korea. While I don't particularly care for a lot of your arguments in favor of Russia, you're latching those arguments to a giant anchor (defense of universally acknowledged, horrible North Korea) and throwing it into the ocean

It seems pretty fallacious, dishonest, and honestly, self-induced. You can easily criticize the obvious awfulness of North Korea without at all tying that to any defense of Russia


Happy New Year, bro!

I'll throw in my two cents on this matter.

As far as foreign affairs go, North Korea is a pretty peacefull country. They haven't invaded/occupied/annexed anyone ever...

I emphasize this: I am not talking about how their internal politics go so don't mix that with the above statement. But let's talk about their foreign policy and their Nuclear program.

Put yourself in their place, let me just call you Chairman Kim for the next 5 minutes...

You are the leader of a country that is isolated, you have the south Koreans :lol: with their overlords in the US are constantly staging some military training operations around your borders and the overlords - the U.S. are saying that you are the bad guys and that you are running the country wrong.

Previous facts, like bombing Iraq, Libya nd Syria to hell have shown that you gotta have something up your sleeve to well...not get bombed to hell.

So, Chairman Kim, do you think that it maybe logical to develop a nuclear program so that nobody tries to screw with you?

If I were him, I sure as hell would...It's the only insurance policy out there that saves their collective assses from what happened in previous U.S. operations.

Happy New Year.

P.S. I am not defending/supporting the DPRK, I am just trying to show to you how their Nuclear program is a perfectly logical response to the situation they are in, and keep in mind that nuclear weapons are a deterrent - "Don't fuck with me or else.." kinda toys.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:36 am

Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully, this year will mark the point the all countries will work towards a better world.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8497
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:26 pm

tu204 wrote:
You are the leader of a country that is isolated, you have the south Koreans :lol: with their overlords in the US are constantly staging some military training operations around your borders and the overlords - the U.S. are saying that you are the bad guys and that you are running the country wrong.

Previous facts, like bombing Iraq, Libya nd Syria to hell have shown that you gotta have something up your sleeve to well...not get bombed to hell.

Happy New Year to you as well!

This is where you lose me... let's just say for a minute that America pulled out of the Korean peninsula... well, at really any point from the 1960s to just recently. What do you think the situation would have looked like?

Would you have two peaceful neighbors that wouldn't bother each other? Would North Korea continue to be "on the defensive against an aggressive South Korea"? Or would we have seen a military invasion from North to South?

I would bet money it'd be the latter. We are there mostly to counter the North's aggression, aggression I'm surprised is being debated so much.

You can rightly point to some Cold War politics about communist vs non-communist countries... I'm sure we could find plenty of actions the US did wrong over the years. But as flawed as the US can be at times, the whole Korean situation is one that seems mostly one sided in our favor.

Yes, North Korea has not been too outwardly aggressive compared to some countries... but only if you ignore the fact that probably the only reason they aren't more aggressive is that they'd get their asses handed to them or nuked if they tried anything.

They're a bad country both to (and especially towards) its own people and the international community.

I do agree that they want nukes as an anti invasion countermeasure... I think that is pretty obvious. And you listed a lot of countries, we can debate whether the US should've gotten involved (I tend to think we get involved way too much) but it's not like these countries are run by saints... They are run by very bad people, and while a nuke may have prevented them from getting invaded, an even better assurance isn't to be a country run by a bunch of dicks

In other words, a nuclear armed North Korea is safer from invasion than they would be without nukes..... but even safer would be them not being an obnoxious, terrible country. Like I said, I can't defend the interventions of the US in every case, but most times (all?) at least involve some really crappy dictators

Sorry for the long post!
 
BN747
Posts: 6614
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:52 pm

tu204 wrote:
Ok, seems we are smokin' different stuff cause I haven't seen Russia actively doing anything to get sanctions removed.



Hmmm I had no idea there was something you could smoke that made you dumber than one already is....but ok.

If you were smoking ANYTHING...it would be an improvement over the statements you've listed here.

But of course you don't see anything....we can't have Pooty cutting off your pay checks can we.

None of the points you made in the above 5 o6 post are worth addressing...you tow the Russian hardline like a homeless guy towing a stolen
shopping cart (both however, filled with same content ..rubbish)- no place for rationale or reason. Conclusion, you're a waste of time.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11731
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:44 pm

WIederling wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Interesting article about life in Russia : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46617186

RU poverty rate. 1/5th ( rather unscientific, but what the heck.

compare US : 1/3rd of population can be seen as living in poverty.


Statistics are just statistics. 1/3 of the US being poor is not by the official definition of poverty, if you take that same broad brush you will find many more Russians are also poor.

And since I'm not from the US and neither are you, there is no need to compare Russia to US society. How many Russians try to get a better life in the West, compared to how many westerners try to get a better life in Russia ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Aesma wrote:
WIederling wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Interesting article about life in Russia : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46617186

RU poverty rate. 1/5th ( rather unscientific, but what the heck.

compare US : 1/3rd of population can be seen as living in poverty.


Statistics are just statistics. 1/3 of the US being poor is not by the official definition of poverty, if you take that same broad brush you will find many more Russians are also poor.

And since I'm not from the US and neither are you, there is no need to compare Russia to US society. How many Russians try to get a better life in the West, compared to how many westerners try to get a better life in Russia ?


Two out the four absolute pro-Putin members don't live in Russia, or so they claim. That is kind of an interesting fact.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
alfa164
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Two out the four absolute pro-Putin members don't live in Russia, or so they claim. That is kind of an interesting fact.


The "or so they claim" phrase is all we really know for a fact...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:38 am

tu204 wrote:
So in other words your intelligence level (no clue how old you are, but judging from your posts I would guess somewhere around 18) doesn't let you have a meaningful discussion?

When you took the trouble to say that North Korea hasn't invaded/occupied/annexed anyone ever, you left the realm of rational discussion. BN747 has you pegged correctly.
 
Scipio
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:38 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:47 pm

tu204 wrote:

Yeah, Ukraine and kinda is still Ukraine.

However it is a pretty split country with one side supporting the west and the other Russia.


Playing your broken record does not make it less broken.

Public opinion in Ukraine has shifted a lot, and it has not shifted in Russia's favor.


https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-societ ... -poll.html

https://www.unian.info/politics/1033694 ... essor.html
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 am

anrec80 wrote:
salttee wrote:
I don't believe you said that. He's poisoning people in the streets: worldwide.


And who was poisoned and where? Skripals don’t count - nothing is known on that yet. And where are the Skripals themselves?

April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home
July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness
July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital
October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment
November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel
March 2013 -Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home
Feb 2014 - Boris Nemtsov, Outspoken Putin Critic, Shot Dead
And the Skripals do count
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:19 am

salttee wrote:
tu204 wrote:
So in other words your intelligence level (no clue how old you are, but judging from your posts I would guess somewhere around 18) doesn't let you have a meaningful discussion?

When you took the trouble to say that North Korea hasn't invaded/occupied/annexed anyone ever, you left the realm of rational discussion. BN747 has you pegged correctly.


Feel free to correct me.

Who have they since the armistice?

Not counting kidnappings (otherwise we will have to throw the U.S. into the same caregory, won't we?) and little border skirmishes.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:25 am

Scipio wrote:
tu204 wrote:

Yeah, Ukraine and kinda is still Ukraine.

However it is a pretty split country with one side supporting the west and the other Russia.


Playing your broken record does not make it less broken.

Public opinion in Ukraine has shifted a lot, and it has not shifted in Russia's favor.


https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-societ ... -poll.html

https://www.unian.info/politics/1033694 ... essor.html


This little 4 year long war the Ukranian regime has imagined for itself is the only reason they are still in power abd perhaps the only reason Ukraine still exists.

It isn't easy the explain to the population why their living standards have gone to shit after they replaced one group thieves in power for another one that made life even worse.

You guys are on a roll. If you guys have another one ofnyour traditional Maidans this upcoming elections, you'll no doubt bring even more incompetent and thieving thugs to power.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:52 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
tu204 wrote:
You are the leader of a country that is isolated, you have the south Koreans :lol: with their overlords in the US are constantly staging some military training operations around your borders and the overlords - the U.S. are saying that you are the bad guys and that you are running the country wrong.

Previous facts, like bombing Iraq, Libya nd Syria to hell have shown that you gotta have something up your sleeve to well...not get bombed to hell.

Happy New Year to you as well!

This is where you lose me... let's just say for a minute that America pulled out of the Korean peninsula... well, at really any point from the 1960s to just recently. What do you think the situation would have looked like?

Would you have two peaceful neighbors that wouldn't bother each other? Would North Korea continue to be "on the defensive against an aggressive South Korea"? Or would we have seen a military invasion from North to South?

I would bet money it'd be the latter. We are there mostly to counter the North's aggression, aggression I'm surprised is being debated so much.

You can rightly point to some Cold War politics about communist vs non-communist countries... I'm sure we could find plenty of actions the US did wrong over the years. But as flawed as the US can be at times, the whole Korean situation is one that seems mostly one sided in our favor.

Yes, North Korea has not been too outwardly aggressive compared to some countries... but only if you ignore the fact that probably the only reason they aren't more aggressive is that they'd get their asses handed to them or nuked if they tried anything.

They're a bad country both to (and especially towards) its own people and the international community.

I do agree that they want nukes as an anti invasion countermeasure... I think that is pretty obvious. And you listed a lot of countries, we can debate whether the US should've gotten involved (I tend to think we get involved way too much) but it's not like these countries are run by saints... They are run by very bad people, and while a nuke may have prevented them from getting invaded, an even better assurance isn't to be a country run by a bunch of dicks

In other words, a nuclear armed North Korea is safer from invasion than they would be without nukes..... but even safer would be them not being an obnoxious, terrible country. Like I said, I can't defend the interventions of the US in every case, but most times (all?) at least involve some really crappy dictators

Sorry for the long post!


My two cents again, and keep in mind my original post where I was playing devil's advocate and said so clearly. I didn't say that I thought the DPRK to be a great country or Chairman Kim to be an awesome leader and that I would want to live there. Something a few people here like Saltee for example didn't catch onto. Heck, maybe Engish is their tenth language, or they have the attention span of a five year old and didn't read the entire post, so I shouldn't hold it against them? :lol:

I don't think the withdrawal of US forces from the peninsula would suddenly make the DPRK more agressive. Afterall they aren't stupid and realise that just because the US forces are not directly inside the South doesn't mean they won't come to the rescue fairly quickly, along with other neighbours that don't want a shitstorm at their borders. Trust me, Russia and China will not just all of a sudden support the DPRK if they were to attack the South. Just look at the trade between Russia and the South vs Russia and the DPRK to see who is more important here...Actually I think that if there were no US forces inside the South it would cause increased support of the South by Russia and probably China should shit hit the fan. We don't have any beef with South Korea, just with the U.S. and the possibly having another border with U.S. forces right on the other side.

And I said it here before that the best way to solve problems is through dialogue. Something that the U.S. is not too good at but something that both the DPRK and the South look like they are willing to do. The U.S. presence is most likely a problem and a nuisance for the DPRK when it comes to dialogue.
I don't see any major downside to the U.S. pulling it's guys out and letting the DPRK have a few nukes that they aleady built to feel more comfortable and safe from a possible invasion.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:17 am

salttee wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
salttee wrote:
I don't believe you said that. He's poisoning people in the streets: worldwide.


And who was poisoned and where? Skripals don’t count - nothing is known on that yet. And where are the Skripals themselves?

April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home
July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness
July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital
October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment
November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel
March 2013 -Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home
Feb 2014 - Boris Nemtsov, Outspoken Putin Critic, Shot Dead
And the Skripals do count


Not that big of a hit list Mr.Putin has, considering we are looking at a 15 year period and you guys are throwing hissy fits about critics and journalists getting shot left, right and center, eh? :?

Can't say much about the first half of your list since I was young and not that into politics when it happened, but:
Berezovsky - you kidding? Even the Brits haven't found anything that points to wrongdoing, and these are the guys that would make something out of nothing, and they couldn't even find something to blow up here. So nope.

Nemtsov - looks like he pissed off some Chechens and they wacked him. What does this have to do with Putin? Such a discredited buffoon was a great benefit to Putin alive than dead, since he was the "unofficial leader" of the opposition and didn't even have 3 percent support of the population. People still remembered all those nice things he pulled off in the 1990's when buddies with Yeltsin before Putin threw him out on his ass...and coincidentally that is when he became so involved in the opposition. :lol:
So nope, this moron doesn't count either.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 am

tu204 wrote:
Who have they since the armistice?
Not counting kidnappings (otherwise we will have to throw the U.S. into the same caregory, won't we?) and little border skirmishes.

Do you count axe murders? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_ax ... r_incident

I'm sorry guy, but your client is scum; besides, that invasion must still be going on: N. Korea won't sign a peace treaty.

Who has the US ever kidnapped?
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:06 am

tu204 wrote:
salttee wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

And who was poisoned and where? Skripals don’t count - nothing is known on that yet. And where are the Skripals themselves?

April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home
July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness
July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital
October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment
November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel
March 2013 -Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home
Feb 2014 - Boris Nemtsov, Outspoken Putin Critic, Shot Dead
And the Skripals do count


Not that big of a hit list Mr.Putin has, considering we are looking at a 15 year period and you guys are throwing hissy fits about critics and journalists getting shot left, right and center, eh? :?

Can't say much about the first half of your list since I was young and not that into politics when it happened, but:
Berezovsky - you kidding? Even the Brits haven't found anything that points to wrongdoing, and these are the guys that would make something out of nothing, and they couldn't even find something to blow up here. So nope.

Nemtsov - looks like he pissed off some Chechens and they wacked him. What does this have to do with Putin? Such a discredited buffoon was a great benefit to Putin alive than dead, since he was the "unofficial leader" of the opposition and didn't even have 3 percent support of the population. People still remembered all those nice things he pulled off in the 1990's when buddies with Yeltsin before Putin threw him out on his ass...and coincidentally that is when he became so involved in the opposition. :lol:
So nope, this moron doesn't count either.


Putin regime doesn't condone criticism and is an autocracy:
The journalistic climate is very bad, 148th.
The democratic climate is very bad,135th.
The justice climate is bad,89th (out of 113).
The corruption climate is very bad, 131th.

You might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking. Putin regime has been in power since 1998, 20 years, so it is on him and his oligarchs. That is the regime what you and others are defending.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:41 pm

salttee wrote:
tu204 wrote:
Who have they since the armistice?
Not counting kidnappings (otherwise we will have to throw the U.S. into the same caregory, won't we?) and little border skirmishes.

Do you count axe murders? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_ax ... r_incident

I'm sorry guy, but your client is scum; besides, that invasion must still be going on: N. Korea won't sign a peace treaty.

Who has the US ever kidnapped?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_rendition

Lots of people actually .. more than the DPRK...
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:
tu204 wrote:
salttee wrote:
April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home
July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness
July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital
October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment
November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel
March 2013 -Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home
Feb 2014 - Boris Nemtsov, Outspoken Putin Critic, Shot Dead
And the Skripals do count


Not that big of a hit list Mr.Putin has, considering we are looking at a 15 year period and you guys are throwing hissy fits about critics and journalists getting shot left, right and center, eh? :?

Can't say much about the first half of your list since I was young and not that into politics when it happened, but:
Berezovsky - you kidding? Even the Brits haven't found anything that points to wrongdoing, and these are the guys that would make something out of nothing, and they couldn't even find something to blow up here. So nope.

Nemtsov - looks like he pissed off some Chechens and they wacked him. What does this have to do with Putin? Such a discredited buffoon was a great benefit to Putin alive than dead, since he was the "unofficial leader" of the opposition and didn't even have 3 percent support of the population. People still remembered all those nice things he pulled off in the 1990's when buddies with Yeltsin before Putin threw him out on his ass...and coincidentally that is when he became so involved in the opposition. :lol:
So nope, this moron doesn't count either.


Putin regime doesn't condone criticism and is an autocracy:
The journalistic climate is very bad, 148th.
The democratic climate is very bad,135th.
The justice climate is bad,89th (out of 113).
The corruption climate is very bad, 131th.

You might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking. Putin regime has been in power since 1998, 20 years, so it is on him and his oligarchs. That is the regime what you and others are defending.


Yeah, don't really care about your using of biased agencies for proof. Those that probably havent set foot in Russia for a while.

I can, but don't even bother to do the same - that is throw biased Russian agencies that contradict your conclusions. Try again with actual cases and examples.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:54 pm

tu204 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Putin regime doesn't condone criticism and is an autocracy:
The journalistic climate is very bad, 148th.
The democratic climate is very bad,135th.
The justice climate is bad,89th (out of 113).
The corruption climate is very bad, 131th.

You might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking. Putin regime has been in power since 1998, 20 years, so it is on him and his oligarchs. That is the regime what you and others are defending.


Yeah, don't really care about your using of biased agencies for proof. Those that probably havent set foot in Russia for a while.

I can, but font even bother to do the same - that is throw biased Russian agencies that contradict your conclusions. Try again with actual cases and examples.


As many people, I care about independent international sources. Thanks for given such a predictable reaction, attacking the source is such a predictable response. Like I said: "you might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking." and that seems to be the right place for Russia.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
tu204 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Putin regime doesn't condone criticism and is an autocracy:
The journalistic climate is very bad, 148th.
The democratic climate is very bad,135th.
The justice climate is bad,89th (out of 113).
The corruption climate is very bad, 131th.

You might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking. Putin regime has been in power since 1998, 20 years, so it is on him and his oligarchs. That is the regime what you and others are defending.


Yeah, don't really care about your using of biased agencies for proof. Those that probably havent set foot in Russia for a while.

I can, but font even bother to do the same - that is throw biased Russian agencies that contradict your conclusions. Try again with actual cases and examples.


As many people, I care about independent international sources. Thanks for given such a predictable reaction, attacking the source is such a predictable response. Like I said: "you might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking." and that seems to be the right place for Russia.


And the fact is that I haven't seen a proven fact from you. Just hearsay.

Predictable at best.
I want confirmed fact by both sides. Anything else won't be accepted.
After all, you wanted at first Russia to give access to a neutral field to question refugees and when theur abswers didn't fit your need to bring them to the Hague...
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:50 pm

tu204 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
tu204 wrote:

Yeah, don't really care about your using of biased agencies for proof. Those that probably havent set foot in Russia for a while.

I can, but font even bother to do the same - that is throw biased Russian agencies that contradict your conclusions. Try again with actual cases and examples.


As many people, I care about independent international sources. Thanks for given such a predictable reaction, attacking the source is such a predictable response. Like I said: "you might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking." and that seems to be the right place for Russia.


And the fact is that I haven't seen a proven fact from you. Just hearsay.

Predictable at best.
I want confirmed fact by both sides. Anything else won't be accepted.
After all, you wanted at first Russia to give access to a neutral field to question refugees and when theur abswers didn't fit your need to bring them to the Hague...


Research isn't hearsay. Luckily most recognize that. I understand that it doesn't fit your narrative, but there it is.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:59 pm

It is likely that we and other blogs are infiltrated with agents dedicated to misinformation.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:
tu204 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

As many people, I care about independent international sources. Thanks for given such a predictable reaction, attacking the source is such a predictable response. Like I said: "you might have criticism on each and every incident, that doesn't hide the fact that Russia does score at the bottom 1/3rd of the world ranking." and that seems to be the right place for Russia.


And the fact is that I haven't seen a proven fact from you. Just hearsay.

Predictable at best.
I want confirmed fact by both sides. Anything else won't be accepted.
After all, you wanted at first Russia to give access to a neutral field to question refugees and when theur abswers didn't fit your need to bring them to the Hague...


Research isn't hearsay. Luckily most recognize that. I understand that it doesn't fit your narrative, but there it is.



Plenty of research done by the Russian side abd is about as informtive as that by yours.

However I don't even bother to post it here since you'll say it's propaganda.
Same as I will do for your sources....
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
It is likely that we and other blogs are infiltrated with agents dedicated to misinformation.


Agreed... question is what side infiltrated whom now?

I've been on this forum for over 12 years. Now who are you or where it is you came frim is a big question.... isn't it?
Or do I smell a troll here? :roll:
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:16 pm

tu204 wrote:
Plenty of research done by the Russian side abd is about as informtive as that by yours.

However I don't even bother to post it here since you'll say it's propaganda.


Show us, your independent research, then you'll know.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm

tu204 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
It is likely that we and other blogs are infiltrated with agents dedicated to misinformation.


Agreed... question is what side infiltrated whom now?

I've been on this forum for over 12 years. Now who are you or where it is you came frim is a big question.... isn't it?
Or do I smell a troll here? :roll:


On other forums here we know how to read and adjust for fanboy-ism and home team- ism, and even benefit by reading them.

But when certain posters repeatedly push what is misinformation (the the Brexit thread), we must suspect agents of disinformation. Not all misinformation is from government agents and assets, but the possibility exists. Facebook and twitter are awash with them. It is unrealistic to not consider the possibility of such on this site.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
tu204 wrote:
Plenty of research done by the Russian side abd is about as informtive as that by yours.

However I don't even bother to post it here since you'll say it's propaganda.


Show us, your independent research, then you'll know.


Just as "independent" as your sources.

So we shall just call a 1-1 tie on this one?
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
tu204
Posts: 1936
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:44 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
tu204 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
It is likely that we and other blogs are infiltrated with agents dedicated to misinformation.


Agreed... question is what side infiltrated whom now?

I've been on this forum for over 12 years. Now who are you or where it is you came frim is a big question.... isn't it?
Or do I smell a troll here? :roll:


On other forums here we know how to read and adjust for fanboy-ism and home team- ism, and even benefit by reading them.

But when certain posters repeatedly push what is misinformation (the the Brexit thread), we must suspect agents of disinformation. Not all misinformation is from government agents and assets, but the possibility exists. Facebook and twitter are awash with them. It is unrealistic to not consider the possibility of such on this site.



Ok, I have been present in Russia related threads and Civil Aviation, well...since I am a pilot, and thats kinda related. I've posted on the Russian threads since other members here have been posting horseshit that they have no clue what they are talking about...

Trying to tell me that I live in a mansion, when I live in an outhouse (opposite, but you get the point), while haven't actually been there.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:52 pm

BN747 wrote:

Thank goodness such simple-minded thinking is confined to a minority portion of humans versus the majority, who are able to empathize with their brethren. Such simplistic summations set up perfect fertile grounds for certain future disasters ,


Yes, this is not that complex. This so called “civilized world” should just not stick in where they are not asked. That’s all. History of such attempts to stick in - Libya, Syria, Ukraine - is nothing but history of disasters. And - the only guarantee against next such disaster is a nuclear triade.

BN747 wrote:
Please don't spawn offspring, we need less ignorance, not more.


How do I understand this opus? Where you live - they don’t raise hand from the heart to the sun yet?

BN747 wrote:
That's mighty Ayn Rand of you, but there is shortage of 'do nothing, say nothing' types milling about (like you) and they are nothing but social annoyances.


Yes, “bomb-bomb-bomb-bomb-Iran” is much more fun, I agree. More visible and louder.

BN747 wrote:
Well, well, well global catastrophic gumbo - you think that recipe up all by yourself?
You all over the place connecting and converging vapid thoughts that amount nothing but the most illogical conclusions.


There is nothing to make up here - it’s just a history of the past decade. Nothing else.

Happy New Year! Hope in this 2019 USA won’t stick into any other poor country.
Last edited by anrec80 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:10 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
Again, not a great way to show intellectual honesty. When you're repeatedly defending the indefensible (the North Korean regime) it really doesn't bode well for your arguments

I don't know why you keep tying your defense of Russia to North Korea. While I don't particularly care for a lot of your arguments in favor of Russia, you're latching those arguments to a giant anchor (defense of universally acknowledged, horrible North Korea) and throwing it into the ocean


“Universally acknowledged” - by whom and when? NK has diplomatic relations with more than half of the world. And nobody there seems to acknowledge any horrors.
And - it’s not the NK regime that I am defending. What I am defending - is not sticking into someone else’s countries and other nations’ affairs. Nothing else.

Yes, you may not like the NK regime, just as you did not like Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Assad. You sticked into those countries - and what followed, remember? I’ll hint you even - ISIS. Remember those videos with Jihadi John? How about terror in Europe 2015-2017? This is the alternative. Is it better than any “regime”? If yes, then you are defending indefensible.

Happy New Year!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 9801
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 pm

tu204 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
tu204 wrote:
Plenty of research done by the Russian side abd is about as informtive as that by yours.

However I don't even bother to post it here since you'll say it's propaganda.


Show us, your independent research, then you'll know.


Just as "independent" as your sources.

So we shall just call a 1-1 tie on this one?


You haven't shown anything, and you can check my sources. You just shout it isn't independent and leave it with that, you haven't shown anything. So no it isn't tied at all. :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
anrec80
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
I do agree that they want nukes as an anti invasion countermeasure... I think that is pretty obvious. And you listed a lot of countries, we can debate whether the US should've gotten involved (I tend to think we get involved way too much) but it's not like these countries are run by saints... They are run by very bad people, and while a nuke may have prevented them from getting invaded, an even better assurance isn't to be a country run by a bunch of dicks

In other words, a nuclear armed North Korea is safer from invasion than they would be without nukes..... but even safer would be them not being an obnoxious, terrible country. Like I said, I can't defend the interventions of the US in every case, but most times (all?) at least involve some really crappy dictators


Well, the history doesn’t show that. Yes, Qaddafi might have sent someone to prison here and there, but he by no means was a “dick” as you are describing. No threat to anyone’s interests whatsoever. Trading oil, maintaining quality living standards in Libya, investing into the West, giving jobs to poor Africans so that they don’t flock into Europe. Ample of good deeds in fact. Same can be said about Saddam Hussein - yes, he might have sent to death some of his political opponents, but that’s about it. I am not even speaking about Assad - absolutely soft and gentle guy, educated in Britain, nothing like his father. You can’t call that a regime even.

None of them had nukes. So are they better off as the result than NK? Not at all. Yes, NK’s living standards are rather low, but in neither Iraq, Syria or Libya we don’t talk about any living standard at all. Not even survival. I don’t believe that even Ukraine is better than NK lately.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dutchy, Google [Bot], par13del, sabenapilot and 34 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos