KICT
Topic Author

President Trump Missing

Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:38 pm

There is no Marine posted outside of the Oval Office, however RCH358 is airborne...

He hasn't tweeted in 17+ hours.

Where is he headed? Guilt trip to visit the troops?

https://twitter.com/etejspotter/status/ ... 64866?s=21
People are saying. Believe me.

VTKillarney

Re: President Trump Missing

Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Here is a novel idea. Let’s wait and see where he is going, or if he is traveling at all, before passing judgment.
Last edited by VTKillarney on Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Maybe he's already resigned, and Pence is actually the President now, which is why they're not flying as Air Force One? ;)

DeltaMD90

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Trump has always been good at making otherwise normal people act nuts. Geez, do some people keep tabs of him 24/7 and freak out over any small absence?

Get back to me in a few days if he hasn't been seen/heard

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:12 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
Trump has always been good at making otherwise normal people act nuts. Geez, do some people keep tabs of him 24/7 and freak out over any small absence?

I had the exact same reaction. This thread is completely bizarre. Nobody would live rent free in my head like that.

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:13 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:

Actually the only reason this is a topic is because of spotters and hobbyists in the UK.
Get a grip.

alfa164

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:25 pm

KICT wrote:
There is no Marine posted outside of the Oval Office, however RCH358 is airborne... He hasn't tweeted in 17+ hours. Where is he headed? Guilt trip to visit the troops?
https://twitter.com/etejspotter/status/ ... 64866?s=21

Putin is hatching a plan to be "President for life". viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1411453

Trump heard about it, and is headed over to meet him and see how it is done...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Tugger

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:33 pm

To me, I get the reality of the question: The president normally communicates a schedule, where they are going etc. And when that isn't done, it becomes an open question: "What's up? Where is the president."

Often in the past it has meant the President is off doing a secret state visit somewhere, surprising the troops, or keeping something off the record to avoid all the questioning that can go with some visits.

Not a bad thing. And asking "where" is not a bad or unnecessary question for the public to ask.

The thread title may be alarming but it's really not, it is just the current answer to the question.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

ltbewr

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:33 pm

When previous recent presidents traveled to see our military in active 'war zones' in Iraq and Afghanistan, they had a complete press blackout for obvious security reasons. Here some sharp spotter in he UK caught the VC-25 in transit. No 'mainstream' news site seems to be reporting about this spot, likely as part of the blackout arrangements. I am quite sure we will know if Trump is aboard and doing a troop visit with massive live coverage for political reasons after he arrives or recorded and shown after he leaves the base he is visiting.

Tugger

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:40 pm

ltbewr wrote:
When previous recent presidents traveled to see our military in active 'war zones' in Iraq and Afghanistan, they had a complete press blackout for obvious security reasons. Here some sharp spotter in he UK caught the VC-25 in transit. No 'mainstream' news site seems to be reporting about this spot, likely as part of the blackout arrangements. I am quite sure we will know if Trump is aboard and doing a troop visit with massive live coverage for political reasons after he arrives or recorded and shown after he leaves the base he is visiting.

And I will note that as the press/media is not saying anything (in fact it is missing entirely), it likely means the press is along for the ride but had to agree to say nothing. And so they are.

But of course at this point I don't know at all the situation.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:45 pm

If he is visiting troops in the Middle East, that will be a nice change from Obama's Christmastime visits with troops in Hawaii.

I've always wondered if these visits have an actual impact on troop morale, or if they are a PR stunt and nothing more.

Tugger

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:47 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
If he is visiting troops in the Middle East, that will be a nice change from Obama's Christmastime visits with troops in Hawaii.

Really? You are going to throw out stupid statements like that? Are you going to next include the outrageous amount of time that Obama spent golfing? Or are you going to grow up and deal with present issues?

Oh and: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-s ... ary-2018-8

Tugg

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Tugger wrote:
You are going to throw out stupid statements [sic] like that?

How is that a stupid statement?

Let's take the names out of the equation. Here are two scenarios:
1) During Christmastime, President A, while on vacation, visits troops in Hawaii.
2) During Christmastime, President B takes a break from working to visit troops in the Middle East.

Surely you agree that scenario 2 is more admirable. You certainly would if President A was Trump. Don't let your politics blind you. As a moderate, I tend to not be blinded in such a manner. This wasn't an overall critique of an entire presidency. It was a comment limited to this specific situation. In this specific situation scenario B is the more admirable of the two.

Tugger

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:08 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

Trump, in two years in office, has not visited ANY overseas troops. Obama did so twice in that time.

So the point of your statement was...?

Not trying to make this a comparison of who can visit more troops, just pointing out the flaw and obvious attempt at partisanship in your post.

Tugg

Confuscius

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Individual-1 is in Iraq.
Ain't I a stinker?

Tugger

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Confuscius wrote:
Individual-1 is in Iraq.

Wonderful! And good for him to do so, the troops there certainly deserve such a visit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ith-troops

Tugg

Confuscius

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Tugger wrote:
Confuscius wrote:
Individual-1 is in Iraq.

Wonderful! And good for him to do so, the troops there certainly deserve such a visit.

Tugg

Yep, first time in a combat zone. Perhaps there's no rain in the weather forecast for that part of Iraq.
Ain't I a stinker?

910A

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Visiting the injured troops last Christmas at Walter Reed Medical Center, last Christmas was good enough for me. I'm not going to get all that excited if a President visited a war zone or not.. Troops might have enjoyed a visit by someone along the lines of Bob Hope in his prime than a President anyways.

alfa164

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:51 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
I've always wondered if these visits have an actual impact on troop morale, or if they are a PR stunt and nothing more.

In Trump's case, it is definitely a PR stunt and nothing more. He will say a few kind words about the troops, then launch a verbal barrage telling them how great a President he is.

By the time he finishes, they will probably all be chanting, "Mattis! Mattis! Mattis!"... but he won't have a clue...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

KICT wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:

Actually the only reason this is a topic is because of spotters and hobbyists in the UK.
Get a grip.

Why in hell do they care?

It always a PR stunt no matter who the president is. I really don’t get the fixation on presidents—they put their pants on the same way, they have an administrative job (which the present occupant is fair to middling at, but so are most of them) and they don’t have half the power think they do.

GF

marcelh

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:05 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Tugger wrote:
You are going to throw out stupid statements [sic] like that?

1) During Christmastime, President A, while on vacation, visits troops in Hawaii.
2) During Christmastime, President B takes a break from working to visit troops in the Middle East.

Surely you agree that scenario 2 is more admirable. You certainly would if President A was Trump. Don't let your politics blind you. As a moderate, I tend to not be blinded in such a manner. This wasn't an overall critique of an entire presidency. It was a comment limited to this specific situation. In this specific situation scenario B is the more admirable of the two.

Admirable? Really? After all the mess you made over there?

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:14 pm

marcelh wrote:

Yes. All other things being equal, it is more admirable for a working President to visit troops in the Middle East than for a vacationing President to visit troops in Hawaii.

EstherLouise

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Now.... the next question is: Is he going to thank the troops and NOT discuss how bad he has it trying to be POTUS? Or is it going to be a whine and dine thing?
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

marcelh

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
marcelh wrote:

Yes. All other things being equal, it is more admirable for a working President to visit troops in the Middle East than for a vacationing President to visit troops in Hawaii.

Yep, just like Hitler visiting the troops in occupied France in 1940.....

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:43 pm

marcelh wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
marcelh wrote:

Yep, just like Hitler visiting the troops in occupied France in 1940.....

No, it's not at all "just like" that. Anyone with the most rudimentary understanding of history would know this. I trust that you have such an understanding but just wanted to make a gratuitous political jab.

In any event, wasn't it just a few days ago that Trump was being pilloried by the left for wanting to pull some troops out of the Middle East?

Aesma

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't follow the argument anyway. I'm not convinced Trump even knows what working means, and last time I checked there was a shutdown in the US, so clearly something not right, but anyways, taking time off of work to visit troops is like taking a vacation, while taking time off of vacation to visit troops is like working during your vacations.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Tugger

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:59 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
all other things being equal

Yet that never is the case. And never can be.

Please stop your partisan crud, working to highlight good in one thing while attempting to cast shadow on another.

These are not equal things, times, or people. So what you are trying to say, to equate, is useless (I would call it feeble but you might object so I won't).

Tugg

MaverickM11

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Confuscius wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Confuscius wrote:
Individual-1 is in Iraq.

Tugg

Yep, first time in a combat zone. Perhaps there's no rain in the weather forecast for that part of Iraq.

His fake bone spurs weren't acting up today.

alfa164 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

In Trump's case, it is definitely a PR stunt and nothing more. He will say a few kind words about the troops, then launch a verbal barrage telling them how great a President he is.

By the time he finishes, they will probably all be chanting, "Mattis! Mattis! Mattis!"... but he won't have a clue...

Everything surrounding troops is a PR stunt--how else do you lull a country into wasting $6T and thousands of young people's lives for endless, pointless wars? The only way we can visit the countries is in the dead of night on a top secret mission. Just stand up for the anthem and don't ask any questions. Hey look that black man is not standing! :roll:
E pur si muove -Galileo

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
None of what you said refutes my assertion that, all other things being equal, it is more admirable for a working President to visit troops in the Middle East than for a vacationing President to visit troops in Hawaii.

What the f*ck are you even talking about? Obama made MULTIPLE trips to the Middle East. One to Bagram, one to Iraq. Here are photos of President Obama visiting troops in Afghanistan. That's in the Middle East in case you are geographically challenged.

Last edited by KICT on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:33 pm

KICT wrote:
Here are photos of President Obama visiting troops in Afghanistan. That's in the Middle East in case you are geographically challenged.

If you want to correct someone, be sure you do it in the correct way. Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East, or at least not in the area which is normally counted as the middle east: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... population

But I get your point President Obama went to a combat zone.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
If you want to correct someone, be sure you do it in the correct way.

Okay guy. Do you want a trophy?
Obama visited troops in combat zones in/around the Middle East multiple times.

seahawk

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 pm

I hope he tells them they are going home.

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:59 pm

KICT wrote:
What the f*ck are you even talking about? Obama made MULTIPLE trips to the Middle East. One to Bagram, one to Iraq. Here are photos of President Obama visiting troops in Afghanistan. That's in the Middle East in case you are geographically challenged.

In addition to the geographical blunder that was pointed out by Dutchy, your "correction" is wrong on another level.

I specifically mentioned Christmastime visits. Obama's Christmastime visits with the troops all took place in Hawaii.

Here was my comment:
VTKillarney wrote:

Last edited by VTKillarney on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Christmas was yesterday.
Trump's original pre-shutdown plans for Christmas were a prolonged vacation in Florida.
Keep trying.

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:02 pm

KICT wrote:
Christmas was yesterday.
Trump's original pre-shutdown plans for Christmas were a prolonged vacation in Florida.
Keep trying.

Strike three. I used the term Christmastime for a reason.

"Christmastime" is defined as, "the Christmas season."
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... istmastime

Here is an explanation of the Christmas season. Spoiler alert, it includes today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas ... day_season

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:03 pm

HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN FLORIDA WERE IT NOT FOR THE SHUTDOWN.
You people are so f*cking gullible.
You keep falling for the con.
Hook line and sinker, every damn time.

einsteinboricua

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:04 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

However, President B would not be visiting the troops if the government shutdown had not happened, which is why First Lady B and family went to President B's Florida property before he did. To say that he took a break from working is ridiculous. He should be meeting with Democrats to come to an agreement; instead the last "working lunch", Democrats weren't even invited.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

wingman

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
His fake bone spurs weren't acting up today.

Reports coming out of DC and NY say that Trump tired to get out of the Iraq trip today but his podiatrist is dead. The Coward in Chief was probably crapping himself all the way over.but maybe Melania let him hold her hand this time.

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/eith ... 00581.html
(you have to laugh at all the sports Bonespurs played in college, an expert dodger indeed)

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:09 pm

It's bizarre to me that people are criticizing Trump for doing something that is genuinely a nice thing. Trump is very far from perfect, but this is a weird hill to want to die on.

I've never allowed someone to live rent free in my head, so I guess I just don't understand losing all objectivity over his actions.

wingman

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:18 pm

The man talks shit 24 hours a day 7 days a week claiming he's the greatest whatever it is he needs to feel he's the greatest at. He deserves every single criticism and eventual downfall coming his way. He's a piece of shit, a proven coward who used every trick and daddy favor he could to get out of serving his nation. This is today's special criticism and you can add it to the laundry list of truth about this scumbag. He doesn't live rent free in my head. I work to make this asshole pay every day.

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 pm

wingman wrote:
The man talks shit 24 hours a day 7 days a week claiming he's the greatest whatever it is he needs to feel he's the greatest at. He deserves every single criticism and eventual downfall coming his way. He's a piece of shit, a proven coward who used every trick and daddy favor he could to get out of serving his nation. This is today's special criticism and you can add it to the laundry list of truth about this scumbag. He doesn't live rent free in my head. I work to make this asshole pay every day.

Here, here.
The day of reckoning for him is coming.

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:23 pm

He deserves legitimate criticism. Visiting troops in Iraq during Christmastime is laudable. Criticizing him for doing so is simply not legitimate. Thus, he is living rent free in your head.

A person who doesn’t like Trump, but has a clear head, would say, “I can’t stand the guy, but this was a nice thing to do.”

Flighty

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:29 pm

A lot of jet fuel to bring one president to Iraq and back. Around 100,000 gallons just for one VC-25 and most likely an amazing amount of support was also involved.

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Here is a synopsis of his speech to troops today, roiled with lies of course...
https://twitter.com/aliabcnews/status/1 ... 77670?s=21
But yeah let's give him credit...

VTKillarney

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Actual fake news.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/stat ... 2850706432

Either that or their crystal ball was faulty.

DeltaMD90

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:43 pm

That's why I hate theee petty arguments. Yesterday it was blasting Trump for not being with troops on Christmas... as if he needs to be to one-up Obama or something. Hate to use the "but if it was Obama" argument, but... if it was Obama..........

Dumb thing to get mad about and wow he's in Iraq. But then people have to use to it somehow one-up Obama saying he never went to a combat zone (tell that to my friend that met him in Afghanistan). And now December 26th isn't considered Christmas time and it doesn't matter he is in Iraq because he supposedly originally wasn't supposed to be?

Calm down people, none of this is a big deal

Airstud

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:17 am

Tugger wrote:
The thread title may be alarming

:sarcastic:
Pancakes are delicious.

einsteinboricua

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 am

VTKillarney wrote:
A person who doesn’t like Trump, but has a clear head, would say, “I can’t stand the guy, but this was a nice thing to do.”

I don't think anyone disputes that it was a nice thing to do. But intent matters as well.

Giving charity is a nice thing to do; giving charity with the pretext of changing a narrative and making a spectacle of it, however, is pointless.

I honestly DGAF if the CiC visits troops on the front line or not (probably because I'm not military either). Each year there are different circumstances that may keep a person from traveling. However, I honestly have to ask: if the government had not been shut down and Trump had gone to Mar A Lago as he intended with his family, would he have still visited the troops or not? My guess is not because at the end of the day there wouldn't be a negative narrative around him.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

KICT
Topic Author

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:22 am

afcjets

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:30 am

These posts prove what some Fox News or Fox Business news host said yesterday when I was channel surfing. She said if Trump found a cure for cancer his haters would say he is trying to overpopulate the planet to hasten global warming and destroy the environment. I also got the impression she was not really a fan of his either.