WarRI1
Topic Author

Senate will not waste its time on Democratic Bill

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:38 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/mc ... spartandhp

A perfect case of a Sanctimonious man who was the Master of delay and deception during the Obama years now preaching about wasting time on a bill the President will not sign if the Democrats sent one up about border security. He and the Republicans are a laughable bunch. Imagine the nerve of the man. Did not the Senate already pass a bill on this previously. Is the man afraid of trump. ?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

GalaxyFlyer

Re: Senate will not waste its time on Democratic Bill

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:13 am

Yeah, just like the sanctimonious men the Democrats employed to clog up the Senate named Mitchell and Reid. Both of whom taught the Republicans how to block presidents. Reid is on his death bed about a decade too late.

Gf

tommy1808

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 am

WarRI1 wrote:
. Is the man afraid of trump. ?

Well, we know by now for a fact that getting influence on the republican party was a goal of the Russian intelligence operation against the United States. One would need to be a quite naive form of optimist to think this was limited to alleged secret campaign contribution and undeclared foreign agents trying to lobby something. They will have been looking for kompromat against key people and the likes of McConnell or Nunes are just about the most obvious targets beyond the POTUS.

Compromising the president alone makes zero sense and doesn´t get you anywhere in a Nation with checks and balances. The emerging picture fits that quite well.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

seb146

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Bashing the Republican party again. Better lock the thread! I thought this was a free speech zone. There is so much history in the United States that it makes zero sense to debate two weeks worth of things when this "war" goes back to 18whatever.

Brexit can have a thread go on and on but literally ANY American political thread has to be locked when Republican bashing starts? I thought we were better than that?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jouhou

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 am

To be fair, I don't think most of the mods are even American and are probably just sick of our bickering over American politicians.

Come to think of it there's probably some conservative member abusing the reporting system, summoning a mod who likely isn't an American who takes one look at the threads and are like "ughhh" every time they see American political bickering. However, that's why we post about our terrible political stuff here, to prevent it from leaking into the actual aviation conversations.

And as a former forum mod (not this one), I'll also say if someone's being a little too trigger happy with reporting the mods will wise up to it quickly. Like the boy who cried wolf.

einsteinboricua

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 am

At long last, the shoe is on the other foot. And now the House will put the Senate Republicans in a bind. McConnell's caucus may have grown to 53 members, but for the 2020 elections, there are a couple of swing state Senators (many of them freshmen) that may think twice about voting in lockstep.

Just like during the Obama years when Boehner would attempt to put the Senate Democrats in a tough position, now Pelosi will have the same ability.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

trpmb6

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
Bashing the Republican party again. Better lock the thread! I thought this was a free speech zone. There is so much history in the United States that it makes zero sense to debate two weeks worth of things when this "war" goes back to 18whatever.

Brexit can have a thread go on and on but literally ANY American political thread has to be locked when Republican bashing starts? I thought we were better than that?

Not sure what sparked this, haven't gotten to all the posts today so maybe there is another one locked down thread.

Of late I've been mostly ignoring War1's posts because they're mostly sensational in nature and I know I'm not going to change his mind so no point in engaging. Occasionally I'll poke in to see what's got him all worked up. This one is actually pretty tame. And honestly, no one should really be surprised that McConnell would say this sort of thing to start off any sort of "negotiations" that may be happening at this time. You draw a line, then negotiate. We've all been around long enough to know how this works.

Also, a slight note, the brexit thread is self contained within itself. We don't get a new post every time some new bit of information pertinent to brexit is found. It all gets dumped into one single thread. Sometimes I feel the sensationalized posts do those of us in the USA a disservice by making us look even worse in a forum that has a broader international base.

blueflyer

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:43 pm

If nothing else, this is amusing. The Senate leader who presided over dozens of votes to repeal Obamacare under the previous administration is now concerned with wasting the president's time...
MAGag

seb146

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Not sure what sparked this, haven't gotten to all the posts today so maybe there is another one locked down thread.

Of late I've been mostly ignoring War1's posts because they're mostly sensational in nature and I know I'm not going to change his mind so no point in engaging. Occasionally I'll poke in to see what's got him all worked up. This one is actually pretty tame. And honestly, no one should really be surprised that McConnell would say this sort of thing to start off any sort of "negotiations" that may be happening at this time. You draw a line, then negotiate. We've all been around long enough to know how this works.

Also, a slight note, the brexit thread is self contained within itself. We don't get a new post every time some new bit of information pertinent to brexit is found. It all gets dumped into one single thread. Sometimes I feel the sensationalized posts do those of us in the USA a disservice by making us look even worse in a forum that has a broader international base.

Partly because I am frustrated over my phone camera. I took a ton of pictures in Los Angeles and found out I have only grey blocks. I started a thread about that.

But, yes, when there is a thread about the American political system, it seems to get shut down when a large number of posters put the blame on Republicans. They have been in control of all branches of government for two years and they still control half of Congress. Border security was not a huge issue as it is now until they lost the House in the midterm elections. They could/should have been able to do something but, instead, spent two years complaining about the Russia investigation and how "fake news" is out to get them. Oh, and they gave tax cuts for the very wealthy.

Democrats need to play Republican games and not give an inch.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Partly because I am frustrated over my phone camera. I took a ton of pictures in Los Angeles and found out I have only grey blocks. I started a thread about that.

But, yes, when there is a thread about the American political system, it seems to get shut down when a large number of posters put the blame on Republicans. They have been in control of all branches of government for two years and they still control half of Congress. Border security was not a huge issue as it is now until they lost the House in the midterm elections. They could/should have been able to do something but, instead, spent two years complaining about the Russia investigation and how "fake news" is out to get them. Oh, and they gave tax cuts for the very wealthy.

Democrats need to play Republican games and not give an inch.[/quote

I will try to be less sensationalist in my reply to you, I agree, do not give an inch. As to the charge of sensasionalistism, I will ask this question, when the Orange man or Mitch McConnell give sensationally stupid utterances, how is one to answer? Maybe with reverence, respect? Now that would be Fake, as in Fake News, or maybe even dumb on my part.

einsteinboricua

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:50 pm

How about we stop with Romney and Reid (who have nothing to do with the Senate's inaction) and focus more on the bill itself?

Back on topic: so it seems some cracks are emerging in the GOP caucus. I wonder if they can force McConnell to bring the bill to a floor vote (similar to a discharge petition in the House)...

MaverickM11

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Regardless of who said what, why would a Senate leader spend time on a bill that he knows the President won't sign?

NIKV69 wrote:
I know that I wasted my time since you won't see Reid's act for what it was since it accomplished something you wanted and was committed by someone far left like yourself and thus doesn't matter that it was a LIE, a smear and basically defamation. People like Reid belong in jail. I mean you really don't think his broken ribs were a result of faulty exercise equipment do you?

Trump supporters whining about lying, maligning people's character, and not paying taxes--adorable! Detached from reality, but adorable! :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

apodino

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:05 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
How about we stop with Romney and Reid (who have nothing to do with the Senate's inaction) and focus more on the bill itself?

Back on topic: so it seems some cracks are emerging in the GOP caucus. I wonder if they can force McConnell to bring the bill to a floor vote (similar to a discharge petition in the House)...

There is a reason McConnell did not institute the nuclear option and it is exactly this reason. Even if 4 republicans jump ship and support the Democrats (Lets say Collins, Murkowski, Romney, and Roberts), McConnell still has 49 votes and can sustain a filibuster. So they could try, but it would be next to impossible under senate rules.

The flip side of this is had McConnell implemented the nuclear option last month, funding for the wall would already be on the presidents desk, the government shutdown would have been averted, and we would not be having this discussion.

scamp

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Regardless of who said what, why would a Senate leader spend time on a bill that he knows the President won't sign?

NIKV69 wrote:
I know that I wasted my time since you won't see Reid's act for what it was since it accomplished something you wanted and was committed by someone far left like yourself and thus doesn't matter that it was a LIE, a smear and basically defamation. People like Reid belong in jail. I mean you really don't think his broken ribs were a result of faulty exercise equipment do you?

Trump supporters whining about lying, maligning people's character, and not paying taxes--adorable! Detached from reality, but adorable! :rotfl:

Uh...because it's the Senate's bill! 100% Why would the Senate create the bill a couple of weeks ago if they knew Trump wouldn't sign???
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:29 pm

scamp wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

NIKV69 wrote:

Uh...because it's the Senate's bill! 100% Why would the Senate create the bill a couple of weeks ago if they knew Trump wouldn't sign???

Well yeah...but Trump was going to sign it *then* until his colon polyp Hannity flared up, and here we are....
E pur si muove -Galileo

Ken777

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:24 pm

seb146 wrote:

Let's remember the GOP's reaction to a black man being elected President. A Democrat no less. The rancid hatred that the GOP developed for Obama surpasses anything that I have seen. Even worse than the hatred of Bill & Hillary.

In term s of today, there are some Republicans who actually love Trump. They believe it's OK that a guy who filed for bankruptcy 6 times, grabs strange women by their crotch, and is Putin's puppet is perfect for President. Toss in the millions who are starting to suffer from Deadbeat Donald's by the unnecessary government shutdown.

In terms of where we are at the start of the year it is more FUBARS that hurt a log fo real Americans AND it is still waiting for the Mueller Report. We are still waiting for the Democrats in the House to start their investigations and we will not have to wait long. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:03 am

Ken777 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Let's remember the GOP's reaction to a black man being elected President. A Democrat no less. The rancid hatred that the GOP developed for Obama surpasses anything that I have seen. Even worse than the hatred of Bill & Hillary.

In term s of today, there are some Republicans who actually love Trump. They believe it's OK that a guy who filed for bankruptcy 6 times, grabs strange women by their crotch, and is Putin's puppet is perfect for President. Toss in the millions who are starting to suffer from Deadbeat Donald's by the unnecessary government shutdown.

In terms of where we are at the start of the year it is more FUBARS that hurt a log fo real Americans AND it is still waiting for the Mueller Report. We are still waiting for the Democrats in the House to start their investigations and we will not have to wait long. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I most certainly agree with your points. Big speech tonight, but I will not watch until rebuttal.

seb146

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 am

Ken777 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Here is the problem: Obama wanted to give a speech on immigration and DACA to the American people during prime time. But, the "liberal media" decided it was too partisan and too close to elections. But, kicking off the campaign season for the Russian shill is fine.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 am

seb146 wrote:

Here is the problem: Obama wanted to give a speech on immigration and DACA to the American people during prime time. But, the "liberal media" decided it was too partisan and too close to elections. But, kicking off the campaign season for the Russian shill is fine.

Can you provide a source for this? Also Clarify your statement. Did he give the speech without the media covering it? I mean I find it hard to believe any far left media outlet would refuse to air a speech live that Obama gave.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

alfa164

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I most certainly agree with your points. Big speech tonight, but I will not watch until rebuttal.

No need to watch; the preview hits it on the nail: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... e_taps_top
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:13 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Can you provide a source for this? Also Clarify your statement. Did he give the speech without the media covering it? I mean I find it hard to believe any far left media outlet would refuse to air a speech live that Obama gave.

This is probably why you MAGA fan boys believe Democrats have no policy for the border and immigration

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ama-speech

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 am

alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

No need to watch; the preview hits it on the nail: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... e_taps_top

It sure did.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 am

WarRI1 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

It sure did.

Deliberate delusion. He has to prepare an insanity defense after all.

best regards
Thomas

NIKV69

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 am

seb146 wrote:

This is probably why you MAGA fan boys believe Democrats have no policy for the border and immigration

Did you read this part?

Cable news networks are expected to carry the address, as is the Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo.

it is not unusual for the major networks not to break into prime time shows for something the cable news networks and CSPAN cover anyway that isn't a major address like SOTU etc.

As for the Dems having a policy on immigration. They sure do!
Newly sworn-in California Gov. Gavin Newsom, vowing to provide “sanctuary to all who seek it,” has proposed extending state health care coverage to more illegal immigrants living within the Golden State’s borders.

Just let them in without documenting them and give them everything for free while at the same time ignoring the bad seeds that also get in and commit crimes like killing law enforcement.
Now that is some policy buddy, it is also why Schumer and Pelosi don't want a secure border that vigorously checks who is coming in. :sarcastic:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... alth-care/
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

einsteinboricua

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 am

From the looks of it, more GOP Senators are beginning to peel off from Trump. WV's Moore Capito, AK's Murkowski, and MT's Daines have said they'd support reopening the government through individual spending bills.

Shame the Senate does not have a discharge petition like in the House. The only thing standing in the way of a reopened government is McConnell. I'm fairly certain there's enough support in the Senate to override a veto...the House is a different story, though it's becoming likely that GOP Reps may also start defecting.

VTKillarney

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:00 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Did you read this part?

Cable news networks are expected to carry the address, as is the Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo.

it is not unusual for the major networks not to break into prime time shows for something the cable news networks and CSPAN cover anyway that isn't a major address like SOTU etc.

/

There was also no government shutdown at the time, so this really is comparing apples to oranges.

seb146

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Did you read this part?

But kicking off a major campaign by demanding this and that and holding employees and The American People hostage is just fine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... abf317960a
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartande ... -prove-it/
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/carl ... -at-border

There is no crisis at the border.

{quote]As for the Dems having a policy on immigration. They sure do!
Newly sworn-in California Gov. Gavin Newsom, vowing to provide “sanctuary to all who seek it,” has proposed extending state health care coverage to more illegal immigrants living within the Golden State’s borders.

Just let them in without documenting them and give them everything for free while at the same time ignoring the bad seeds that also get in and commit crimes like killing law enforcement.
Now that is some policy buddy, it is also why Schumer and Pelosi don't want a secure border that vigorously checks who is coming in. :sarcastic:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... alth-care/[/quote]

I know to you MAGA fan boys, one guy=the whole party but to the rest of America, it is still one guy. One guy made one proposal one time. Not Schumer, not Pelosi, not Beto, not Warren, not Sanders. Swing and a miss.

Just because a state does not have "papers please" laws does not mean the door is wide open to everyone. It just means that state does not waste money detaining thousands waiting for ICE to say "they are legal." Strike two.

The health care proposal would raise the age from 19 to 26. If you bothered to read the rest of the article, you would know that. Strike three.

Nice try.

VTKillarney

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm

We can get hung up on semantics, or we can admit that which both parties admit - Presently, our border is not secured. Both parties agree that we should take steps to secure the border. For this reason, it is a waste of time to debate the semantics of the terms that should be used to discuss the condition at the border itself.

Since both sides agree that it is proper to take steps to secure the border let’s start talking about those steps. If that means Trump conceding on some sections of a physical barrier, then so be it. If it means that Democrats need to admit that portions of the border would be benefited by a physical barrier, then they should do just that.

2122M

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
We can get hung up on semantics, or we can admit that which both parties admit - Presently, our border is not secured. Both parties agree that we should take steps to secure the border. For this reason, it is a waste of time to debate the semantics of the terms that should be used to discuss the condition at the border itself.

Since both sides agree that it is proper to take steps to secure the border let’s start talking about those steps. If that means Trump conceding on some sections of a physical barrier, then so be it. If it means that Democrats need to admit that portions of the border would be benefited by a physical barrier, then they should do just that.

Sound like the compromise bill sent to the president at the end of 2018 that he refused to sign (after saying he would sign it) because it didn't fully fund his non-plan for his full wall.

seb146

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 am

VTKillarney wrote:

We can not overlook the fact that YOUR party leader ONLY WANTS A WALL. That is the only thing that will appease him.

Nice to see you finally came around to what Democrats and ACTUAL moderate Republicans have been wanting for some time.

casinterest

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 am

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

We can not overlook the fact that YOUR party leader ONLY WANTS A WALL. That is the only thing that will appease him.

Nice to see you finally came around to what Democrats and ACTUAL moderate Republicans have been wanting for some time.

The problem is that Trump just wants to shut down the government instead of paying hard working Americans their salary to do the job while the details are hammered out in Congress.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

tommy1808

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:45 am

casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

The problem is that Trump just wants to shut down the government instead of paying hard working Americans their salary to do the job while the details are hammered out in Congress.

Or maybe he is just following orders....

In the meantime, hostile and friendly intelligence agencies, drug cartels, terrorists and other organized crime are having a field day. Can´t get much easier to get an asset and compromise it that people with money problems. .....

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:48 am

If thoughts and prayers are the appropriate response to mass shootings, why not make it the appropriate response for this stupid vanity wall?

tommy1808

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 am

seb146 wrote:
If thoughts and prayers are the appropriate response to mass shootings, why not make it the appropriate response for this stupid vanity wall?

Or just pray that people stop illegally crossing the border, or stop hijacking aircraft....... if prayer can do jack about mass shooting, that bit should be easy. How much money the US government could safe if everyone just prayed.... not need for borders, the TSA... heck.. law enforcement in its totality....

I guess they all know prayer doesn´t do anything ....

best regards
Thomas

einsteinboricua

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Or just pray that people stop illegally crossing the border, or stop hijacking aircraft....... if prayer can do jack about mass shooting, that bit should be easy. How much money the US government could safe if everyone just prayed.... not need for borders, the TSA... heck.. law enforcement in its totality....

I know!

And we can always say that if a terror attack happened or an illegal committed a crime, it was as "God" intended, because "He works in mysterious ways".

tommy1808

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:05 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I know!

And we can always say that if a terror attack happened or an illegal committed a crime, it was as "God" intended, because "He works in mysterious ways".

And if you think that through that would mean that anyone in favor of the Wall, or Law enforcement in general, is trying to mess with Gods plan ....... they are in league with the Devil!

best regards
Thomas

DL717

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:45 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/mcconnell-to-incoming-dems-senate-will-not-waste-its-time-on-a-bill-the-president-will-not-sign/vi-BBRJD3t?ocid=spartandhp

A perfect case of a Sanctimonious man who was the Master of delay and deception during the Obama years now preaching about wasting time on a bill the President will not sign if the Democrats sent one up about border security. He and the Republicans are a laughable bunch. Imagine the nerve of the man. Did not the Senate already pass a bill on this previously. Is the man afraid of trump. ?

Blocking a bill a president would sign is different than not acting on a bill he won’t sign.

I had to laugh last night at some CNN clown standing in front of the border wall saying “look, no migrant caravan trying to cross the border!” Well no shit Sherlock, there’s a wall there.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.

2122M

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:54 pm

DL717 wrote:
I had to laugh last night at some CNN clown standing in front of the border wall saying “look, no migrant caravan trying to cross the border!” Well no shit Sherlock, there’s a wall there.

Exactly. There are already walls where walls are needed. So what's this 5.6 Billion more for?

einsteinboricua

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:55 pm

DL717 wrote:
Blocking a bill a president would sign is different than not acting on a bill he won’t sign.

Speaking of migrant caravans, weren't we told there was one on the way here? Or was that just like Ebola: a made up crisis that fizzled out after the election?

VTKillarney

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:07 pm

2122M wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Exactly. There are already walls where walls are needed. So what's this 5.6 Billion more for?

300+ more miles of wall (including repaired sections) that someone with more knowledge of the situation than you believes has strategic value.

But we’ve been over this.

Many times.

VTKillarney

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Speaking of migrant caravans, weren't we told there was one on the way here? Or was that just like Ebola: a made up crisis that fizzled out after the election?

They tried to storm the border and were repelled.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washin ... n-violent/

2122M

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:13 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
DL717 wrote:

300+ more miles of wall (including repaired sections) that someone with more knowledge of the situation than you believes has strategic value.

Many times.

I haven't seen Trump specify anything about 300+ more miles, but I may have missed it. If you can point out that quote, that would be helpful. In the meantime, as the CNN reporter pointed out, the walls in place already are working just fine and there is no emergency. Clearly no national disaster worth withholding pay from 800,000 workers.

Re-Open the government, then have a conversations about a plan for additional walls if necessary.

2122M

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
DL717 wrote:

What!?! How did the 'violent mob' get repelled without Trump's additional 5.6 billion dollar wall? How is this possible??

VTKillarney

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

What!?! How did the 'violent mob' get repelled without Trump's additional 5.6 billion dollar wall? How is this possible??

Respectfully, just because they’ve worked in one place doesn’t mean that they aren’t needed elsewhere.

So many logical fallacies from you...

c933103

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 pm

casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

I have read Chinese propaganda articles that claims the government shut down is intentional to fulfill Trump's behind the scene deal with Chinese government, as if the government shut down remain effective until January 29, then the deadline for American DoJ to issue a formal extradition request to Canadian court about Huawei's CFO would have been passed and the CFO will then be freed.

VTKillarney

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:

Many times.

I haven't seen Trump specify anything about 300+ more miles, but I may have missed it.

Yup. You missed this rather critical piece of information.

Posted a second time for your convenience:

Trump and DHS are very specific about where the wall will be built if he gets his $5.6 billion. There would be five miles in the San Diego Sector, 14 miles in the El Centro Sector, 27 miles in the Yuma Sector, 9 miles in the El Paso Sector, 55 miles in the Laredo Sector in Texas, and 104 miles in the Rio Grande Valley Sector in Texas. In all, counting work that is done, being done, and planned, the administration would build 330 miles of new barrier, 150 in areas with no barrier today.

2122M

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Respectfully, just because they’ve worked in one place doesn’t mean that they aren’t needed elsewhere.

Logical Fallacies? Lets talk facts. Where is the crisis? Where is the emergency? Where is the illegal immigration spike we need to address? What problem is this 5.6 billion dollars solving?

tommy1808

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm

DL717 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/mcconnell-to-incoming-dems-senate-will-not-waste-its-time-on-a-bill-the-president-will-not-sign/vi-BBRJD3t?ocid=spartandhp

Didn't the exact same bill pass with a veto proof majority last time? In that case it would be irrelevant if the President signs it or not, they could make it law regardless.

Best regards
Thomas

2122M

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Many times.

I haven't seen Trump specify anything about 300+ more miles, but I may have missed it.

Yup. You missed this rather critical piece of information.

Posted a second time for your convenience:

Trump and DHS are very specific about where the wall will be built if he gets his $5.6 billion. There would be five miles in the San Diego Sector, 14 miles in the El Centro Sector, 27 miles in the Yuma Sector, 9 miles in the El Paso Sector, 55 miles in the Laredo Sector in Texas, and 104 miles in the Rio Grande Valley Sector in Texas. In all, counting work that is done, being done, and planned, the administration would build 330 miles of new barrier, 150 in areas with no barrier today.

That is an outright lie. Trump has NEVER been 'very specific' about that, and the quote you posted (without a link for now-obvious reasons) is from a DHS estimate about what they might be able to do with 5 Billion dollars. There is ZERO directive from Trump about this.

VTKillarney

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:

Logical Fallacies? Lets talk facts. Where is the crisis? Where is the emergency? Where is the illegal immigration spike we need to address? What problem is this 5.6 billion dollars solving?

As recently as two years ago Democrats even admitted that our border was not acceptably secure. And it still isn’t.

Look, I get it. You are comfortable with a porous border. Some want to reduce this. Government wouldn’t be shut down if everyone agreed.