BN747
Topic Author

Spy? Or Russophile Moron

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:36 am

Paul Whelan

A dishonorable discharge from the US Marine Corps - for bouncing $6,000 in checks and other bad conduct.
$10,000 in theft from gov't (property or cash).
Holds passports from US, Canada, Ireland and UK.
A 10 year veteran on Russia's Facebook - VKontakte or VK - where he befriended many Russian young men.

As Malcolm Nance ex-CIA Intell Officer called it the worst Jason Bourne film ever. He believes the guy is classified by Russia as a hostile gov't detainee and WILL (be forced to) Confess.

Too what? Of course, anything they put in front of him after a serious ass beating (Nance says their best interrogator will do the honors).

But this guy can't seriously be any kind of a spy with a muddy track record like that.

The into Russian twinks...well, that's his business and shouldn't be judge for choice of sexual preference. But he seems flaunt it with ease - which is okay but wouldn't being so immersed of deep affinity for all things Russian, seems to point more toward the lines of jsut a moron for dicking around in that 'particular' country as if he was home in Omaha or wherever he's from.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

alfa164

Re: Spy? Or Russophile Moron

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:21 am

BN747 wrote:
Paul Whelan A dishonorable discharge from the US Marine Corps - for bouncing $6,000 in checks and other bad conduct.
$10,000 in theft from gov't (property or cash). Holds passports from US, Canada, Ireland and UK. A 10 year veteran on Russia's Facebook - VKontakte or VK - where he befriended many Russian young men. As Malcolm Nance ex-CIA Intell Officer called it the worst Jason Bourne film ever. He believes the guy is classified by Russia as a hostile gov't detainee and WILL (be forced to) Confess. Too what? Of course, anything they put in front of him after a serious ass beating (Nance says their best interrogator will do the honors).

But this guy can't seriously be any kind of a spy with a muddy track record like that. The into Russian twinks...well, that's his business and shouldn't be judge for choice of sexual preference. But he seems flaunt it with ease - which is okay but wouldn't being so immersed of deep affinity for all things Russian, seems to point more toward the lines of jsut a moron for dicking around in that 'particular' country as if he was home in Omaha or wherever he's from.

BN747

Russia needed an American "spy" to set up, then trade to get Maria Butina out of hot water - and, I'll bet, fast enough to keep her from spilling the beans on her handlers and plotters.

Whalen was the chump.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:47 am

alfa164 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Paul Whelan A dishonorable discharge from the US Marine Corps - for bouncing $6,000 in checks and other bad conduct.
$10,000 in theft from gov't (property or cash). Holds passports from US, Canada, Ireland and UK. A 10 year veteran on Russia's Facebook - VKontakte or VK - where he befriended many Russian young men. As Malcolm Nance ex-CIA Intell Officer called it the worst Jason Bourne film ever. He believes the guy is classified by Russia as a hostile gov't detainee and WILL (be forced to) Confess. Too what? Of course, anything they put in front of him after a serious ass beating (Nance says their best interrogator will do the honors).

But this guy can't seriously be any kind of a spy with a muddy track record like that. The into Russian twinks...well, that's his business and shouldn't be judge for choice of sexual preference. But he seems flaunt it with ease - which is okay but wouldn't being so immersed of deep affinity for all things Russian, seems to point more toward the lines of jsut a moron for dicking around in that 'particular' country as if he was home in Omaha or wherever he's from.

BN747

Russia needed an American "spy" to set up, then trade to get Maria Butina out of hot water - and, I'll bet, fast enough to keep her from spilling the beans on her handlers and plotters.

Whalen was the chump.

Interesting that Russia said it is too soon to consider swapping Republican Russian spy Butina for him. I wonder why?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/russ ... ria-butina
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:00 am

alfa164 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Whalen was the chump.

That's exactly what Nance said it's by design.

But that's like trading a running car for a child's bike....let Pooty keep him, he'll be jailed with all the Russian men he can handle, I mean that's all he chatted with on VKontakte. Perhaps he wanted to get busted.

Potato-faced Butina has way more value.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

787Driver

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:51 am

So the US is now detaining a Russian citizen, which happened the day after Paul Whelan was arrested. I suppose they'll try and use him for any kind of swap.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/05/euro ... index.html

salttee

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:56 am

787Driver wrote:
So the US is now detaining a Russian citizen, which happened the day after Paul Whelan was arrested. I suppose they'll try and use him for any kind of swap.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/05/euro ... index.html

I think the US is obligated to defend this guy, if they don't, then it becomes too easy to tell actual spies from garden variety fools.

salttee

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 am

dup

ltbewr

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 am

One has to wonder if Whelan was set up by the USA spook agencies to be caught so the Trump administration would have a cover excuse to get Butina out of the way from ratting out NRA and top Republicans and also hurt parts of the Mueller investigations. I have posted here and elsewhere for weeks that Butina will be exchanged for some spy we want back and this is the perfect set up. I just hope Whelan is tried when he gets back and faces the rest of his life in jail.

einsteinboricua

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 am

It wouldn't surprise me that this is all a setup for Butina. The general public (well, those not blindly following Trump) can tell this is all fake, especially when intelligence agencies say Whelan does not and cannot fit the mold of a spy.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

alfa164

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm

ltbewr wrote:
One has to wonder if Whelan was set up by the USA spook agencies to be caught so the Trump administration would have a cover excuse to get Butina out of the way from ratting out NRA and top Republicans and also hurt parts of the Mueller investigations. I have posted here and elsewhere for weeks that Butina will be exchanged for some spy we want back and this is the perfect set up. I just hope Whelan is tried when he gets back and faces the rest of his life in jail.

The CIA does not hire known homosexuals as agents who will operate in foreign countries; they have always been viewed a too susceptible to blackmail (and that category is not limited to homosexuals, but it is evident in this case); other security agencies have basically the same rule. If the CIA wanted to send someone as a "set-up", than your theory might be plausible - but I am sure they would find someone with much more training and capability of following exactly the "plan" that would have been put in effect.

When more information comes out, I suspect Mr. Whalen will be shown to have no role with any "spook" group - although a man like him might claim that in order to impress the young men he was apparently trying to impress. If that is the case... he got himself in a heap o' trouble!

seb146

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:45 pm

We now know how individual #1 and his base will appear to save themselves thanks to his BFF Putin:

We know Butina met with Wayne La Pierre and that money was funneled through the now nearly bankrupt NRA. IF Butina is swapped and does not face charges in this country, the MAGA fan boys and individual #1 will keep on and on about winning and how they are exonerated and innocent. Completely not true, but the MAGA fan boys don't care about truth, just what their dear leader says.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

trpmb6

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm

If I was a reader of Alex Jones, I suspect this is the type of conspiratorial things he would say. (albeit flipped I suppose)

alfa164

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm

seb146 wrote:
We now know how individual #1 and his base will appear to save themselves thanks to his BFF Putin: We know Butina met with Wayne La Pierre and that money was funneled through the now nearly bankrupt NRA. IF Butina is swapped and does not face charges in this country, the MAGA fan boys and individual #1 will keep on and on about winning and how they are exonerated and innocent. Completely not true, but the MAGA fan boys don't care about truth, just what their dear leader says.

When I saw the topic, "Spy? Or Russophile Moron", I thought it was about Trump...

;)

salttee

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:21 pm

alfa164 wrote:
The CIA does not hire known homosexuals as agents who will operate in foreign countries;

I doubt if that is true anymore. It sounds so 20th century to me.

trpmb6

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:22 pm

salttee wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
The CIA does not hire known homosexuals as agents who will operate in foreign countries;

That's because alfa164 is a CIA agent spreading misinformation about the newest recruiting needs of the CIA.

smallvoyageur

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 pm

salttee wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Don't know State Dept or the CIA, but the British civil service and the SIS (aka MI5) has allowed open homosexuals since the mid-'90s as the security risk was downgraded. In fact, quite a few ambassadors and people in Thames House and the Doughnut in Glocester are gay and there is a LGBT+ support group in the services.

BN747
Topic Author

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 pm

alfa164 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
We now know how individual #1 and his base will appear to save themselves thanks to his BFF Putin: We know Butina met with Wayne La Pierre and that money was funneled through the now nearly bankrupt NRA. IF Butina is swapped and does not face charges in this country, the MAGA fan boys and individual #1 will keep on and on about winning and how they are exonerated and innocent. Completely not true, but the MAGA fan boys don't care about truth, just what their dear leader says.

When I saw the topic, "Spy? Or Russophile Moron", I thought it was about Trump...

;)

Well...it does apply. TTrump sucks them (Russia & Saudi Arabia) better than Monica Lewinsky ever could.

salttee wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

I think you right.

Gays would be perfect CIA agents esp. in rival nations where closet cases are surely at the heart of their centers of power...just like here (closeted 'married' Republicans).

BN747

anrec80

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 am

seb146 wrote:
Interesting that Russia said it is too soon to consider swapping Republican Russian spy Butina for him. I wonder why?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/russ ... ria-butina

Because he first needs to be found guilty by court and convicted - same as with Ukrainian sailors.

alfa164

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:05 am

anrec80 wrote:
Because he first needs to be found guilty by court and convicted - same as with Ukrainian sailors.

You mean Ukrainian sailors arrested by Russia on trumped-up charges.... yeah, that sounds just like this Whalen guy...

:roll:

Flaps

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:04 pm

It is kind of a weird situation, at least on the surface. Butina appears to be a legitimate asset with some value. This Whelan guy seems to be just an idiot of no real value to anyone. Unless of course that is his cover and there is more to this than there appears?