MaverickM11

Re: Richest Person in the world Divorcing

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Pyrex wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
Things just got interesting, as Jeff Bezos has published this letter, accusing The National Enquirer, and David Pecker of blackmail and extortion:

Hasn't that been their business model for decades? I'm not sure what's new or different.

Pyrex wrote:
So, a guy who constantly publishes personal information on other people is pissed off because someone published information on him?

Bezos publishes personal information on other people? :confused:

Tax returns are personal information. So are communications under attorney-client privilege.

Which ones were released because of black mail
E pur si muove -Galileo

Pyrex

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Hasn't that been their business model for decades? I'm not sure what's new or different.

Bezos publishes personal information on other people? :confused:

Tax returns are personal information. So are communications under attorney-client privilege.

So just releasing them for shits and giggles is fine?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Pyrex wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Yup. Thanks for playing.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Pyrex

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm

He assembled his intelligence goon squad to try to track down the source BEFORE this "extortion attempt" (which really sounds just like the newspaper telling him to back off from trying to expose their source, as any responsible newspaper would), but thanks for playing.

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Pyrex wrote:
He assembled his intelligence goon squad to try to track down the source BEFORE this "extortion attempt" (which really sounds just like the newspaper telling him to back off from trying to expose their source, as any responsible newspaper would), but thanks for playing.

Well thankfully there's a paper trail and that's exactly what said trail does, er, not say.

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Pyrex wrote:

That's not at all what it "sounds like". AMI was blackmailing Bezos to release:

"2. A public, mutually-agreed upon acknowledgment from the Bezos Parties, released through a mutually-agreeable news outlet, affirming that they have no knowledge or basis for suggesting that AM’s coverage was politically motivated or influenced by political forces, and an agreement that they will cease referring to such a possibility."

It's literally in writing. From AMI's deputy general counsel. Did you even read it?
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Pyrex wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Who's tax returns, personal information, and communications under attorney-client privilege were released by Washington Post?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jouhou

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:16 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

That's not at all what it "sounds like". AMI was blackmailing Bezos to release:

"2. A public, mutually-agreed upon acknowledgment from the Bezos Parties, released through a mutually-agreeable news outlet, affirming that they have no knowledge or basis for suggesting that AM’s coverage was politically motivated or influenced by political forces, and an agreement that they will cease referring to such a possibility."

It's literally in writing. From AMI's deputy general counsel. Did you even read it?

Yeah, that shit was pretty damning. They've been doing it to less powerful people too. I hope Bezos is to AMI what Thiel was to Gawker.

KICT

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:45 pm

If Pecker breached his immunity deal with the Bezos stunt, he’s gonna have to give it all up to save his slimy hide.
That includes rolling on Trump.
People are saying. Believe me.

Pyrex

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Who's tax returns, personal information, and communications under attorney-client privilege were released by Washington Post?

*Sigh* https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... e397873ebc

Also, Google "Washington Post Carlos Danger"
Last edited by Pyrex on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Pyrex wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Sigh. What a shame AMI didn’t get in on that group of global media organizations.

P.S. Where are the dick pics?! I want the sausage!!!

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Pyrex wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Still not seeing any blackmail...do you not get how journalism works or were you born yesterday?
E pur si muove -Galileo

Pyrex

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Again, the intelligence goon squad was assembled prior to the extortion attempt, but keep playing.

He is basically acting as a bully to track down a source of a news article about him, which can only be:

1) his ex-wife, so trying to find a way to screw her over in his divorce, even after cheating on her

2) the husband of the woman he banged, in which case he is just trying to find a way to add insult to injury by destroying the dude

Or, more likely

3) his $76 billion booty call, in which case he might have other, unrelated motives for wanting to see if she really is "Deep Throat"

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Again, the intelligence goon squad was assembled prior to the extortion attempt, but keep playing.

He is basically acting as a bully to track down a source of a news article about him, which can only be:

1) his ex-wife, so trying to find a way to screw her over in his divorce, even after cheating on her

2) the husband of the woman he banged, in which case he is just trying to find a way to add insult to injury by destroying the dude

Or, more likely

3) his $76 billion booty call, in which case he might have other, unrelated motives for wanting to see if she really is "Deep Throat"

Boy do you have an interesting take on blackmail.

Poor, poor AMI to be unfairly forced into such a situation.

Pyrex

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 pm

jetero wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Or, more likely

So, is hiring a sleazeball lawyer / aspiring Democratic Presidential candidate to demand $130,000 from a dude you banged a decade ago in order not to go public with it extortion or not?

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Pyrex wrote:
jetero wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Or, more likely

So, is hiring a sleazeball lawyer / aspiring Democratic Presidential candidate to demand $130,000 from a dude you banged a decade ago in order not to go public with it extortion or not?

Boy do you have problems focusing with your severe case of Whataboutitis.

All of that was tried in court, buddy.

As I suspect this will be soon.

As Trumpy says, "WE'LL SEE . . . "

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 pm

Pyrex wrote:

Stormy was talking about her affair in 2011. Trump didn't care at all until he was running for President, when he had Cohen pay her to stop talking. When did she "demand" any payment? And then it was off to the races with the dumbest crooks in the business between tweedle dee (Cohen) and tweedle dumb (Trump). It's hard to be "extortion" when you're proactively paying off women left and right all the time through your henchmen and AMI. Protip: if you need a "fixer" to constantly clean up your messes--it's probably not extortion.

Pyrex wrote:

You're not very good at this, but I can see how Trump, Cohen, and Pecker look like luminaries to you. How is the victim of a blackmail *in writing* the bully? But ultimately you claimed that Wapo does the same thing as AMI, so unless you have proof that Wapo has blackmailed people for anything, then you lied, and this conversation is done.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Pyrex wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

Where is the tit-for-tat? The "give me this or I will release that"?

If you believe that is blackmail, then you believe that Wikileaks is blackmail.

Wasn't the whole "Carlos Danger" thing brought out because the woman was tired of being harassed? How is that the same thing as blackmail? Or is it that a 22 year old woman demanding money from a public figure is the same thing as a trashy tabloid demanding money from one of the world's wealthiest private citizens for a private, consensual conversation between he and his girlfriend?

bgm

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:02 am

I hope Bezos wipes the floor with AMI. They were pretty careless/brazen in their blackmail attempt. Ah well, another criminal to add to the Trump circle-of-crooks.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

seb146

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:27 pm

bgm wrote:
I hope Bezos wipes the floor with AMI. They were pretty careless/brazen in their blackmail attempt. Ah well, another criminal to add to the Trump circle-of-crooks.

Remember that he hires the best people and uses the best words.

I would like to remind everyone how many of his covfefe have been indicted so far and how many more are still under investigation......

Tugger

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:08 am

Tugger wrote:
i am also thinking she will get half but with stipulation that the stock will still be owned and controlled by Bezos with the value of the stock considered at anytime she wishes to "cash in" some of her value in them. Her in some type of trust. He can then decide how best to manage giving that equivalent value to her. It prevents loss of control for him and gives her "her half" as needed when needed.

And don't suggest she'll want to "cash in" everything immediately. First I doubt she would as it wouldn't help her or the children, and second the judge won't accept that as logical or equitable either, it would destroy value and harm both the parties involved.

But that is just my guess. The numbers are just too big for anyone to really figure it out easily. As I said I do truly hope it is amicable, no matter what happens their life will be one of ultimate luxury and access and ability if either so wishes.

Tugg

So it appears I wasn't far off in my thinking:
She’ll receive a 4 percent Amazon stake, currently worth about $36 billion, as part of the settlement, according to a filing Thursday from the Seattle-based company. The divorce is expected to be completed in about 90 days.
[...]
Jeff Bezos, 55, will continue to exercise sole voting authority over the shares, according to the filing.
[...]
“Happy to be giving him all of my interests in the Washington Post and Blue Origin, and 75 percent of our Amazon stock plus voting control of my shares,” MacKenzie Bezos, 48, said in a tweet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... er-divorce

Remarkably amicable so far (of course over the years that will show how much it really is) but then the numbers are so large that even a pittance would be more money than most will ever know in their lifetime.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

trpmb6
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Tugger wrote:
Remarkably amicable so far (of course over the years that will show how much it really is) but then the numbers are so large that even a pittance would be more money than most will ever know in their lifetime.

Tugg

That's a vast understatement haha. Her 4% stake is equal to what Vanguard has invested in Amazon, just to put it in perspective. Quite amazing actually.