User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm

I like her. She’s got chutzpah, moxie, and charisma out the ass. No wonder the old farts don’t know what to do with her.

(And my autocorrect brings up her name when I type, lol)


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/a ... ncna957096
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 2992
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Saw her last week in a BBC article. Nothing puts the willies up an old crusty conservative than a woman exercising free will.

She is good fun. A refreshing change and she dances much better than Theresa may.

Fred


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
 
Brick
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 1999 11:08 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess.

She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Brick wrote:
Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess.

She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content.


Ah, spoken like someone who is mighty afraid of a woman in power who speaks her mind.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Brick wrote:
Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess.

She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content.

Have you considered the possibility that the lack of any common understanding between you and her might be due to a limitation on your part?

A side effect of Dunning-Kruger maybe.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm

I love her! I hope that she runs for President! Go ACO!

Perhaps an ACO - Beto ticket in 2020? Just saying...
 
evank516
Posts: 1976
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm

People need to realize that the younger generation is going to start making their way into our government. Time to stop being an old crow and start accepting that the 80 and 90 year olds are going to have to make way for the 20 somethings and 30 somethings. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an example of that, time to let it roll. If her district doesn't like her, they'll vote her out in two years. However, if you don't live in her district, your opinion of her doesn't mean anything anyway.
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 pm

evank516 wrote:
People need to realize that the younger generation is going to start making their way into our government. Time to stop being an old crow and start accepting that the 80 and 90 year olds are going to have to make way for the 20 somethings and 30 somethings. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an example of that, time to let it roll. If her district doesn't like her, they'll vote her out in two years. However, if you don't live in her district, your opinion of her doesn't mean anything anyway.


My big worry is that the expectations of her are so unrealistic or so high its going to be such a letdown if/when she falls into line or is held back by the machine.
 
dmg626
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:20 pm

She’s an airhead that has capitalized on the media love fest of her and her big ideas, she gets all the airtime which is great because it makes her and the Democratic Party look even dumber than they are, keep flapping your gums aco.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2767
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 pm

evank516 wrote:
People need to realize that the younger generation is going to start making their way into our government. Time to stop being an old crow and start accepting that the 80 and 90 year olds are going to have to make way for the 20 somethings and 30 somethings. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an example of that, time to let it roll. If her district doesn't like her, they'll vote her out in two years. However, if you don't live in her district, your opinion of her doesn't mean anything anyway.


I think it's been happening this way for a long time. It's just that freshman representatives and senators generally don't get this kind of spotlight treatment. In fact, doing a quick look at the list of youngest member of congress list for each congress, ACO (at 29) is actually above the average age of the youngest members (somewhere between 27 and 28). So strictly speaking, there's nothing even unusual about her age.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 pm

She is a good looking woman and her bone structure, hairdo and clothes seem very effective in her work. I really hesitate to discuss things other than her appearance because I don't think they are significant - her main qualification is her looks.

But in terms of knowledge and politics, she is absolutely appalling. She clearly has never experienced - and worse, has decided to be totally ignorant of - the suffering caused by totalitarianism and communism. She sounds like a toddler and a fool. It reminds us that literacy and an understanding of history is important, or else we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes as before. She was born on third base (in the rich USA) with no idea about how it came about. Yet she has ideas about how to spend all the money she didn't earn. What a unfortunate fulfillment of a stereotype.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Look. Socialism works. It’s been proven time and time again.

ACO in 2020!
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3961
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:19 pm

johnboy wrote:
I like her. She’s got chutzpah, moxie, and charisma out the ass. No wonder the old farts don’t know what to do with her.

(And my autocorrect brings up her name when I type, lol)


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/a ... ncna957096


Also, the orifice most of her ideas emanate from, but the media dweebs think sunshine comes out of it.

GF
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9442
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 pm

She's got something a lot of representatives lack.
Heart.

Don't worry the lobbyists will get to her soon.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Obvi the naysayers here are sorely deluded as to the inevitable aftermath of Trump et al. I can’t even fathom what all of you are drinking if you don’t see the reality of that.

There’s going to be a helluva backlash for Trump supporters, entirely deserved.

I’m calling dibs on the Madame DeFarge role at the guillotine on the National Mall. I have no idea how to knit right now but I’ll be delighted to learn!
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am

casinterest wrote:
She's got something a lot of representatives lack.
Heart.

Don't worry the lobbyists will get to her soon.


I hope not. I’m interested to see how her career trajectory goes.
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 am

dmg626 wrote:
She’s an airhead that has capitalized on the media love fest of her and her big ideas, she gets all the airtime which is great because it makes her and the Democratic Party look even dumber than they are, keep flapping your gums aco.


That is exactly how Trump got elected president, so there must be something being this kind of politician.
 
Okie
Posts: 4036
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 am

VTKillarney wrote:
ACO in 2020!


Well she has previously indicated that was her plan.
When the reporter asked how she was going to do that because the Constitution requires an age of 35 to be President, her answer was that the Constitutional requirement was only for the "first" President.

There you have it.

Okie
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 am

Okie wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
ACO in 2020!


Well she has previously indicated that was her plan.
When the reporter asked how she was going to do that because the Constitution requires an age of 35 to be President, her answer was that the Constitutional requirement was only for the "first" President.

There you have it.

Okie


Yea, that’s not what she said. She joked she could run because the constitution probably says “he must be over 35 and she’s not a he, she’s a she. It was off the cuff and a joke with a photographer during a photo shoot. Turns out the constitution says ‘any person’ so her non-comment was incorrect anyway

It telling that this is your view of her. Already based on a misquote of an irrelevant comment.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 am

Flighty wrote:
But in terms of knowledge and politics, she is absolutely appalling. She clearly has never experienced - and worse, has decided to be totally ignorant of - the suffering caused by totalitarianism and communism. She sounds like a toddler and a fool. It reminds us that literacy and an understanding of history is important, or else we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes as before. She was born on third base (in the rich USA) with no idea about how it came about. Yet she has ideas about how to spend all the money she didn't earn. What a unfortunate fulfillment of a stereotype.

I don't understand why you keep referring to Trump as "she"? :confused:
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1699
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 am

She seems fine, doesn't bother me for the most part since I don't live in her district

What DOES bother is the fact that anything that could be remotely taken as sexist if you say it in a particular way, and she instantly attacks and berates that person to the ground. For example, Clair McCaskill called her a shiny object to describe the way she attracts attention in Congress compared to the other old farts, not at all in a sexist way if you watch the interview, she instantly attacked her, making up facts about here with something like she was a Trump supporter, a Republican in a Dem's clothes, and even made fun of the fact that she lost.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 am

She was just passed over for an influential seat on the tax-writing committee. The seat was previously held by Joe Crowley.

Pelosi is obviously afraid of her.
 
Okie
Posts: 4036
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 am

2122M wrote:
It telling that this is your view of her. Already based on a misquote of an irrelevant comment.


Sorry to hear your feeler was hurt.

I say let her keep going; what a wonderful gift.

Okie
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:34 am

Okie wrote:
2122M wrote:
It telling that this is your view of her. Already based on a misquote of an irrelevant comment.


Sorry to hear your feeler was hurt.

I say let her keep going; what a wonderful gift.

Okie


Who said my feelings were hurt? Just because I called you out on a blatant lie? I guess I’m really sorry you don’t know facts?
 
dmg626
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 am

Flighty wrote:
She is a good looking woman and her bone structure, hairdo and clothes seem very effective in her work. I really hesitate to discuss things other than her appearance because I don't think they are significant - her main qualification is her looks.

But in terms of knowledge and politics, she is absolutely appalling. She clearly has never experienced - and worse, has decided to be totally ignorant of - the suffering caused by totalitarianism and communism. She sounds like a toddler and a fool. It reminds us that literacy and an understanding of history is important, or else we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes as before. She was born on third base (in the rich USA) with no idea about how it came about. Yet she has ideas about how to spend all the money she didn't earn. What a unfortunate fulfillment of a stereotype.


She has crazy eyes, fits her personality perfectly
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:44 am

OK, so right-wing obejections on this forum so far are:

Lies about things she said as a joke in the past
Insults about her eyes/looks
Being called out for not getting a desirable committee seat as a 1st year congresswoman.
Claims that she is pro-communism (like to see a source for that...)
A little bit of dyslexia. (ACO??)
 
Okie
Posts: 4036
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 am

VTKillarney wrote:
She was just passed over for an influential seat on the tax-writing committee. The seat was previously held by Joe Crowley.Pelosi is obviously afraid of her.


Maybe Pelosi was giving her a bit of an elbow after she protested outside Pelosi's office.

Okie
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:01 am

2122M wrote:
OK, so right-wing obejections on this forum so far are:

Lies about things she said as a joke in the past
Insults about her eyes/looks
Being called out for not getting a desirable committee seat as a 1st year congresswoman.
Claims that she is pro-communism (like to see a source for that...)
A little bit of dyslexia. (ACO??)


And these same people are the ones who shout, “Keep going, that’s why Trump was elected.” Puzzling that they choose not to see the obvious reflections on the Progressive side. As I said before, there will be ramifications down the road however much the guffaws and protestations here.

As Mariner (RIP) used to say, “Oh well.” *shrugs shoulders*
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3961
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 am

2122M wrote:
dmg626 wrote:
She’s an airhead that has capitalized on the media love fest of her and her big ideas, she gets all the airtime which is great because it makes her and the Democratic Party look even dumber than they are, keep flapping your gums aco.


That is exactly how Trump got elected president, so there must be something being this kind of politician.


Genius, you’ve broken the code on being a politician. Contrary to many, politicians are merely self-serving empty suits who bribe us with our own money. I think we’re the stupid ones here.


GF
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
2122M wrote:
dmg626 wrote:
She’s an airhead that has capitalized on the media love fest of her and her big ideas, she gets all the airtime which is great because it makes her and the Democratic Party look even dumber than they are, keep flapping your gums aco.


That is exactly how Trump got elected president, so there must be something being this kind of politician.


Genius, you’ve broken the code on being a politician. Contrary to many, politicians are merely self-serving empty suits who bribe us with our own money. I think we’re the stupid ones here.


GF


Are you going to be OK? Can you point on the doll where politics touched you?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:11 am

johnboy wrote:
2122M wrote:
OK, so right-wing obejections on this forum so far are:

Lies about things she said as a joke in the past
Insults about her eyes/looks
Being called out for not getting a desirable committee seat as a 1st year congresswoman.
Claims that she is pro-communism (like to see a source for that...)
A little bit of dyslexia. (ACO??)


And these same people are the ones who shout, “Keep going, that’s why Trump was elected.” Puzzling that they choose not to see the obvious reflections on the Progressive side. As I said before, there will be ramifications down the road however much the guffaws and protestations here.

As Mariner (RIP) used to say, “Oh well.” *shrugs shoulders*

These are the same people that hear Trump say " I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it" and "Mexico will pay for the wall" x 10000 and then turn around and blame the Democrats and say he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Like some self described "moderates" we may know :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
These are the same people that hear Trump say " I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it" and "Mexico will pay for the wall" x 10000 and then turn around and blame the Democrats and say he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Like some self described "moderates" we may know :rotfl:

I challenge you to find a single example where I have said that. And when you can’t, I challenge you to have the decency to admit that you lied.

I’m all for debate, but if you lie you will be called out on it.

Oh, and go ACO! Perhaps we could have an ACO-Oprah ticket in 2020!
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 am

VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
These are the same people that hear Trump say " I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it" and "Mexico will pay for the wall" x 10000 and then turn around and blame the Democrats and say he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Like some self described "moderates" we may know :rotfl:

I challenge you to find a single example where I have said that. And when you can’t, I challenge you to have the decency to admit that you lied.

I’m all for debate, but if you lie you will be called out on it.

Oh, and go ACO! Perhaps we could have an ACO-Oprah ticket in 2020!


Who is ACO?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9442
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 am

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
These are the same people that hear Trump say " I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it" and "Mexico will pay for the wall" x 10000 and then turn around and blame the Democrats and say he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Like some self described "moderates" we may know :rotfl:

I challenge you to find a single example where I have said that. And when you can’t, I challenge you to have the decency to admit that you lied.

I’m all for debate, but if you lie you will be called out on it.

Oh, and go ACO! Perhaps we could have an ACO-Oprah ticket in 2020!


Who is ACO?


AOC's dyslexic half brother
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 am

casinterest wrote:
AOC's dyslexic half brother

I hear he's a moderate :rotfl:

VTKillarney wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
These are the same people that hear Trump say " I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it" and "Mexico will pay for the wall" x 10000 and then turn around and blame the Democrats and say he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Like some self described "moderates" we may know :rotfl:

I challenge you to find a single example where I have said that. And when you can’t, I challenge you to have the decency to admit that you lied.

I’m all for debate, but if you lie you will be called out on it.

Oh, and go ACO! Perhaps we could have an ACO-Oprah ticket in 2020!

Boy you chimed in mighty quick. Who said I was talking about you?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 am

2122M wrote:

Who is ACO?

ACO stands for Amazing Congresswoman Ocasio, which is EXACTLY what Trump will be calling AOC soon enough!
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:27 am

casinterest wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I challenge you to find a single example where I have said that. And when you can’t, I challenge you to have the decency to admit that you lied.

I’m all for debate, but if you lie you will be called out on it.

Oh, and go ACO! Perhaps we could have an ACO-Oprah ticket in 2020!


Who is ACO?


AOC's dyslexic half brother


I must admit...I’m SO enjoying the restrained terror here. But to be totally honest I’d rather not see Dreadnought in this position - in general I feel there are others much more deserving of disdain than he.
 
2122M
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 am

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:

Who is ACO?

ACO stands for Amazing Congresswoman Ocasio, which is EXACTLY what Trump will be calling AOC soon enough!


You know you’re not nearly as clever as you think you are...

Although that is about as funny as conservatives get. Being the funniest conservative is like being the tallest member of the lollipop guild. Good for you I guess.
 
dmg626
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 am

VTKillarney wrote:
She was just passed over for an influential seat on the tax-writing committee. The seat was previously held by Joe Crowley.

Pelosi is obviously afraid of her.



No , she knows that the poor girl is an incompetent nitwit and wouldn’t know what to do on that committee.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:32 am

AOC is going to stick up for workers. She is going to have their back.

Well, unless they get hurt. Then they’re screwed.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:35 am

VTKillarney wrote:
AOC is going to stick up for workers. She is going to have their back.

Well, unless they get hurt. Then they’re screwed.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html

Reminds me of that time VTK stuck up for Trump refusing to rent to black people, and justified it with phenomenal mental gymnastics.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:36 am

Trigger warning! Link to Slate!

“The trouble is, whenever conservatives think they’ve caught Ocasio-Cortez espousing a position too terrifyingly leftist for America, she ends up sounding reasonable instead. Recall when Fox News host Sean Hannity posted a list of her supposedly radical positions on screen. There were a few that might sound scary to conservatives (“federal jobs guarantee,” “abolish ICE,” “Medicare for all”) but plenty that seemed like things just about everyone likes (“support seniors,” “clean campaign finance,” “criminal justice reform”). The more the right tries to signal its disapproval of the Ocasio-Cortez agenda, the more it sounds jealous that progressives are more amped about her than conservatives are about, I don’t know, Sen. Lindsey Graham.”

https://amp.slate.com/news-and-politics ... essed.html
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8518
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 am

I never liked when someone gains such a huge following before really doing anything. I can see interest and excitement but calm down people, let's see what she does in the next few years before going "AOC 2028"

It is nice to see younger people in Congress, or at least new ones. Fire them all and get a whole new lot I say
 
dmg626
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
I never liked when someone gains such a huge following before really doing anything. I can see interest and excitement but calm down people, let's see what she does in the next few years before going "AOC 2028"

It is nice to see younger people in Congress, or at least new ones. Fire them all and get a whole new lot I say


At this rate she’s sure to get a Nobel peace prize by next week :)
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12789
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:39 am

johnboy wrote:
I like her. She’s got chutzpah, moxie, and charisma out the ass. No wonder the old farts don’t know what to do with her.

(And my autocorrect brings up her name when I type, lol)


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/a ... ncna957096


What do you mean don't know what to do with her? Her own party called her a shiny new object. I mean she isn't a threat, it's one thing when you have Robert Reich, Paul Krugman and the like who hate the rich calling for 70% tax rate but when you get some ignorant, lazy millenial who walks around with her Starbucks in hand calling for another class war saying we need to tax at 70% all the while crashing and burning when interviewers ask her how she is going to pay for all her fantasies when she says "You just pay for it"

Trust me the only people worried about her are the people in her own party because they are probably up in arms trying to get her to shut up.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14379
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 am

AOC won not just because of her gender and appearance but because she has personality, smarts, that the 20 year incumbent, although a reliable left-center Democrat, somehow lost his touch with his changing district, the terrible treatment of Puerto Rico after the hurricanes in a district with significant numbers of persons or their ancestors from PR, as well as the terrible treatment of some illegal and asylum seeking immigrants in detention, especially as to children. Does she make dumb comments, sure, just like too many politicians (and us) do. Hopefully she will learn from her mistakes, encourage some hope for many voters and in other young women to take their place in political leadership.
 
BN747
Posts: 6987
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 am

To the couple weak-kneed dudes that piss their panties and quake in their heels when confronted powerful women like AOC...it's Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, I'd wager any amount that 1-on-1 , AOC vs these nilly willy women-whiners, she can stomp any of you. Being a Bronx native, she comes knowing how to kick ass and take names. ADD to that she's light years smarter than TTrump although 'he has 40+ years of Earth living' than her.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 am

BN747 wrote:
To the couple weak-kneed dudes that piss their panties and quake in their heels when confronted powerful women like AOC...it's Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, I'd wager any amount that 1-on-1 , AOC vs these nilly willy women-whiners, she can stomp any of you. Being a Bronx native, she comes knowing how to kick ass and take names. ADD to that she's light years smarter than TTrump although 'he has 40+ years of Earth living' than her.

BN747



Truer words were ne’er spoken.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12789
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 am

BN747 wrote:
To the couple weak-kneed dudes that piss their panties and quake in their heels when confronted powerful women like AOC...it's Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, I'd wager any amount that 1-on-1 , AOC vs these nilly willy women-whiners, she can stomp any of you. Being a Bronx native, she comes knowing how to kick ass and take names. ADD to that she's light years smarter than TTrump although 'he has 40+ years of Earth living' than her.

BN747


I literally fell on the floor laughing after I read this.


ltbewr wrote:
AOC won not just because of her gender and appearance but because she has personality, smarts, that the 20 year incumbent, although a reliable left-center Democrat, somehow lost his touch with his changing district, the terrible treatment of Puerto Rico after the hurricanes in a district with significant numbers of persons or their ancestors from PR, as well as the terrible treatment of some illegal and asylum seeking immigrants in detention, especially as to children. Does she make dumb comments, sure, just like too many politicians (and us) do. Hopefully she will learn from her mistakes, encourage some hope for many voters and in other young women to take their place in political leadership.


She only won because she promised everyone free stuff. She has no idea how to do anything and can't even get though an interview without making a fool of herself because she doesn't know any basic fact of any political policy. She just wants to take from people that work hard and give it those who don't.

She can't be that up and coming. She didn't even get a seat on the Democrats tax committee.

I hope she does many more interviews. She just reinforces what the Democrats are about. Pay people not to work and open borders.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 am

johnboy wrote:
Brick wrote:
Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess.

She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content.


Ah, spoken like someone who is mighty afraid of a woman in power who speaks her mind.


So you think she will actually deliver what she promised her sheep?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aviationaware, bgm, DLFREEBIRD, petertenthije and 48 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos