Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DocLightning

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:55 am

VTKillarney wrote:
The FBI has investigation wouldn’t have been leaked if it bore fruit.

We know that Russia has made extensive use of internet trolls. It is odd that a quick search through your posts shows very few posts outside of non-av. I admittedly didn't look at *all* of your posts, just about 20% of them and not one was outside of non-av. Isn't that a bit odd? Leads me to wonder why you're on a.net.

...anyway...

As for your point, investigations get leaked all the time. For all we know, someone in the Administration could have leaked it hoping that it would embolden Mr. Tump's base. Your contention that investigations only get leaked if they bear no fruit has no basis in reality.

Jouhou

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 am

https://youtu.be/Q5Sc0cseLdU?t=23m17s

And now... witness Trump dodge the question about working for Russia and go on a tirade without ever actually saying "no" to a direct question by a softball interviewer. That's not what innocence looks like.

ltbewr

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 am

There are times in the USA where scandals and serious events to our security and economy lead to new laws and rules in the operation of our government. Donald Trump as President, the actions of some past Presidents and Presidential candidates, have presented a number of areas where the Congress has to consider new laws to properly limit some of the powers of the Executive, but also ethics and other reforms in our Legislative and Judicial branches. In particular as to Trump and in part the theme of this thread, we need several particular reforms.

All major party Presidential nominees and annually as President must be required to public publication of their annual Federal Tax Returns as well as those of corporate entities they control with appropriate privacy redactions for at least 10 years even if audits pending.

That Presidents and VP's must use only government controlled communications devices, no more personal smartphones or computers, for security and to meet Federal record keeping rules.

Presidents and VP's must have appropriate USA citizen translators with the President when in private meetings with foreign officials with the right to subpoena their transcripts and notes by the House and Senate Intelligence Committees for oversight to assure no deals that would benefit the President or VP personally.

That Presidents and VP's must not have substantial debt or financial conflicts that can compromise their duties using guidelines established for like FBI, Secret Service agents.

zkojq

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:37 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I mean who really cares about Russian collusion?

Trump supporters in a nutshell.

Jouhou wrote:
Also Putin and putin loyalists hate Hillary. Collusion my ass, she allegedly pissed them off by inflaming anti putin protests as secretary of state.

This is what the Trump supporters cannot stand: Putin and his cronies were scared to death of Hillary and could not take the risk of her ascending to the presidency. Hillary is irrelevant politically now, nut Trump supporters cannot stand the prospect that "their guy" was put there to further Russia's interests because Russia's political elite was too scared of Hillary.

quote="tommy1808"]100+ million woth of investigation is what they tried to show what a sleeze bag she is. Apparently she wasn't.

Hilary was investigated for ~20 years..... [/quote]

Well, I'm sure that they'll be happy to spend the same on Mueller's investigation. :D

VTKillarney

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:46 pm

This is a very good analysis of the allegations. Lots of points that haven’t been raised.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... ssians.php

salttee

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:01 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
This is a very good analysis of the allegations. Lots of points that haven’t been raised.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... ssians.php

A very good analysis from the extreme right wing point of view. If one is interested in the details of the extreme right wing point of view.

anrec80

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 pm

ChrisKen wrote:
We may want look up what treason is, the state/country doesn't have to be at war with anyone.
The US tends not to prosecute people explicitly for treason (less than 40 at federal level), preferring other charges instead, eg, espionage, sedition.

Yes. They represent for making false statements, misrepresentation, tax offenses, foreign agent act technicalities - anything but treason or espionage.

anrec80

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Also Putin and putin loyalists hate Hillary. Collusion my ass, she allegedly pissed them off by inflaming anti putin protests as secretary of state.

Well - he has all reasons to, this “opposition support” was direct internal affairs meddling. And also - he won’t regard her as a strong competitor for sure. He even said “these somewhat rude acts of her aren’t a sign of strength, they are a sign of weakness. But in a woman, it’s a good trait”.

anrec80

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Jouhou wrote:
You realize one of Trumps campaign managers has been indicted, tried, and found guilty right? The same guy who set up Pence as Trumps running mate, the same guy who got the Republican party to change its platform, on some issues doing a complete 180 (ukraine).

And what they were jailed for? Mostly for some technicalities around tax reporting, statements during proceedings, and the likes. Russia, or ties to Russian institutions is nowhere there. There are more ties to Ukrainian oligarchs and politicians. And nobody even denies that Ukrainians meddled with elections supporting Clinton, with compromate on Trump, leaks, etc. Why are you and other American sovereignty advocates ignoring these, and instead are dancing around some “Russian interference”, which is still unproven and probably by now will never be? And why isn’t Mueller investigating Ukrainian interference?

VTKillarney

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Not a single indictment has gone to the core of Mueller’s mandate. Not a blessed one.
Last edited by VTKillarney on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flighty

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:24 pm

I mean, the more time we ignore the clear influence and espionage operations active in the USA, by our most powerful and active adversary, the better, right? ... from the Chinese point of view..

Jouhou

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
You realize one of Trumps campaign managers has been indicted, tried, and found guilty right? The same guy who set up Pence as Trumps running mate, the same guy who got the Republican party to change its platform, on some issues doing a complete 180 (ukraine).

And what they were jailed for? Mostly for some technicalities around tax reporting, statements during proceedings, and the likes. Russia, or ties to Russian institutions is nowhere there. There are more ties to Ukrainian oligarchs and politicians. And nobody even denies that Ukrainians meddled with elections supporting Clinton, with compromate on Trump, leaks, etc. Why are you and other American sovereignty advocates ignoring these, and instead are dancing around some “Russian interference”, which is still unproven and probably by now will never be? And why isn’t Mueller investigating Ukrainian interference?

Ok thanks Russian agitprop man. That's not how criminal investigations work and you and all these defenders of treasonous behavior know it. You know how long federal investigations last? You know how long they last with this kind of scope? It's far from over.

johnboy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 pm

stratosphere wrote:
UGH This crap is getting old...I mean who really cares about Russian collusion? What did they do put out truths about Clinton and what a sleeze bag she was? I am really hoping for Muller investigation to come to an end I am gonna laugh when he finds nothing then what are you liberal whack jobs gonna salivate over next? If you really want to dig into the Russian BS you will find Clinton had more collusion than Trump ever did.

Especially when it turns out you supported a Russian agent trying to subvert the US. I mean, good god, how does one live with himself after aiding and abetting that kind of criminal activity? Name change, witness protection program? The mind boggles...

johnboy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Not a single indictment has gone to the core of Mueller’s mandate. Not a blessed one.

However, the great news I've learned from your super secret website is that Ben Carson has a new "brain booster" which Donald J. Trump refuses to ok via the FDA!
Those bastards! :rotfl:

(oh, btw the investigation is still ongoing...perhaps you should register your indignation at the futility of Mueller's patriotic duty via email)

Jouhou

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Reading Reddit comments about this topic is far more satisfying. There people are already talking about giving trump the Mussolini treatment once he's found guilty of actual treason. At least there I can find the anger Trump is deserving of.

VTKillarney

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Reading Reddit comments about this topic is far more satisfying. There people are already talking about giving trump the Mussolini treatment once he's found guilty of actual treason. At least there I can find the anger Trump is deserving of.

I don’t believe that the body of Trump, after being shot by a communist, should be left in a suburban square for a large angry crowd to physically abuse.

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Jouhou

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:12 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

I don’t believe that the body of Trump, after being shot by a communist, should be left in a suburban square for a large angry crowd to physically abuse.

If he knowingly conspired with Russia, he shouldn't just be charged with espionage like most who betray the country. He should be tried for treason and hung.

VTKillarney

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Jouhou wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

If he knowingly conspired with Russia, he shouldn't just be charged with espionage like most who betray the country. He should be tried for treason and hung.

I trust that you agree that, after being hung, his body should not be left in a suburban square for a large angry crowd to physically abuse.

For the record, I’ve been consistent in my opposition to the death penalty. I don’t believe that anyone should be hung.

johnboy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Ethel Rosenberg was fried for far less.

Jouhou

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
[/b][/u]

I trust that you agree that, after being hung, his body should not be left in a suburban square for a large angry crowd to physically abuse.

For the record, I’ve been consistent in my opposition to the death penalty. I don’t believe that anyone should be hung.

I believe in the death penalty in highly symbolic situations where it could provide closure in the public's mind.

Also I'm mostly agreeing with the angry sentiment, not the actual mutilation of a corpse. Gross.

anrec80

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Ok thanks Russian agitprop man. That's not how criminal investigations work and you and all these defenders of treasonous behavior know it. You know how long federal investigations last? You know how long they last with this kind of scope? It's far from over.

Well, we are waiting... I think we are yet to learn who meddles and with what US affairs. And - who may meddle and who may not. I won’t be surprised if someone outright says at some that “allies” like Ukraine are allowed to meddle with US affairs all they like.

Jouhou

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Well, we are waiting... I think we are yet to learn who meddles and with what US affairs. And - who may meddle and who may not. I won’t be surprised if someone outright says at some that “allies” like Ukraine are allowed to meddle with US affairs all they like.

I'm pretty sure any time Ukraine shows up in the story, it's the Russian puppet government Ukraine pre-2014.

I can't imagine what they would try Manafort for if we extradited him to current day Ukraine. They might end up giving *him* the Mussolini treatment.
Last edited by Jouhou on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johnboy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Lest we all forget the reason for the season....bombshell! :taekwondo: :box: :gnasher:

"Legendary journalist Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States."

https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-report ... st-1289541

Jouhou

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm

I can plainly see the destabilization.

VTKillarney

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:29 am

For the purposes of the FBI, I don't think a "counter-intelligence" investigation and a "criminal" investigation are as distinct categories as people often suggest. There is always a potential criminal dimension to the FBI's investigative activities. It's a law enforcement body.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 am

VTKillarney wrote:
For the purposes of the FBI, I don't think a "counter-intelligence" investigation and a "criminal" investigation are as distinct categories as people often suggest. There is always a potential criminal dimension to the FBI's investigative activities. It's a law enforcement body.

For one thing, counter intelligence investigations aren't the kind you hear details of, Mr "I demand to know the details of whats most certainly classified information!"

anrec80

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 am

[photoid][/photoid]
Jouhou wrote:

Well - if you call to hang the President, it can destabilize the country. Even calls alone can, let alone an actual trial attempt.

VTKillarney

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am

Jouhou wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

For one thing, counter intelligence investigations aren't the kind you hear details of, Mr "I demand to know the details of whats most certainly classified information!"

Determining what constitutes a "national security threat" is entirely subjective, and isn't the FBI's purview.

This Harvard Law professor nails it:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-ground ... nce-threat

”The president defines what a national security threat is, and thus any action by him cannot be such a threat, at least not for purposes of opening a counterintelligence investigation.”

The Constitution still matters.

salttee

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 am

VTKillarney wrote:

That's what you think, but you're wrong. Criminal investigations collect evidence to be used in court, care has to be taken so the evidence isn't tainted so as to allow any number of challenges by the defense if the case ever goes to trial. Intelligence investigations have few bounds on sources or methods, any way they can get valid information is on the table.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:52 am

anrec80 wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
Jouhou wrote:

Well - if you call to hang the President, it can destabilize the country. Even calls alone can, let alone an actual trial attempt.

Yeah OK. You know how many times I heard people calling for Obama's death when he hadn't betrayed his country?

Also the damage is done, it's destabilized already, the first course of action is to get rid of the asset. Sorry Russian guy, I'm not going to ever believe we should keep him around for "stability". We could just send him to Russia, see how much respect Putin has for his asset once he's outlived his usefulness.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Determining what constitutes a "national security threat" is entirely subjective, and isn't the FBI's purview.

”The president defines what a national security threat is, and thus any action by him cannot be such a threat, at least not for purposes of opening a counterintelligence investigation.”

At the same time, if you commit treason you are legally barred from ever holding an office in the US. The treason started before the election. He is not even a legitimate president.

jcancel

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 am

Bobby Hanssen is chilling in Florence. Perhaps Donnie, if he did it and if he's convicted, might wanna join him?

VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

salttee

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 am

anrec80 wrote:

Trumps actions have destabilized the nation.

The calls for criminal investigation are a reaction to those prior actions of Trump.

Berevoff

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 am

I don't know what I'm more disgusted at: how terrible of a spy Trump is turning out to be or that our foe Russia is so bad at picking them.

seb146

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Individual #1 working with a foreign government will not see that as a national emergency. Neither will you MAGA fan boys. Move along, nothing to see here. He is just doing his patriotic duty in working with Russia. Even the junior Senator from Texas says so

https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-america ... 58621.html

VTKillarney

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 am

Jouhou wrote:

Yeah OK. You know how many times I heard people calling for Obama's death when he hadn't betrayed his country?

1) I never heard those things.
2) Even if they had been said in regard to Obama, it doesn’t make saying those things right so long as they are said now. It wasn’t long ago that someone opened fire on Congressmen for the crime of playing baseball, so this threat isn’t illusory. Violent rhetoric has no place in a civilized society.

seb146

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 am

All this talk of violence against the orange one is disgusting. I refuse to believe he is the rightful leader of the United States. He is no leader at all. There is no doubt in my mind, and many others, that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to install him. He has no problem letting Russian oligarchs call the shots for the American people. He must be removed from office for the safety and security of the United States of America. He will probably flee to Russia and beg for safety from his BFF when he is forced to resign.

Let Russian forces deal with him.

Berevoff

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 am

seb146 wrote:
All this talk of violence against the orange one is disgusting. I refuse to believe he is the rightful leader of the United States. He is no leader at all. There is no doubt in my mind, and many others, that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to install him. He has no problem letting Russian oligarchs call the shots for the American people. He must be removed from office for the safety and security of the United States of America. He will probably flee to Russia and beg for safety from his BFF when he is forced to resign.

Let Russian forces deal with him.

Just think what's going to happen if RBG actually dies while Trump is still in power. Crazy!

VTKillarney

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:40 am

Withdrawing from Syria could conceivably be "criminalized" under the FBI’s criteria, given the widespread belief that it "advances Russian interests." If you're not concerned about the broader implications here, you're missing a major, disturbing development

Jouhou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:01 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Withdrawing from Syria could conceivably be "criminalized" under the FBI’s criteria, given the widespread belief that it "advances Russian interests." If you're not concerned about the broader implications here, you're missing a major, disturbing development

Wtf are you even talking about now. And you didn't answer me. What state do you come from?

alfa164

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:15 am

Jouhou wrote:
Wtf are you even talking about now. And you didn't answer me. What state do you come from?

Is an oblast considered to be a state?

salttee

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 am

VTKillarney wrote:

You're right, inasmuch as it can be taken into account in the broad picture of Trump's desire to please Putin.
But your presentation of the idea is on the hysterical side.

seb146

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:43 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

2) Even if they had been said in regard to Obama, it doesn’t make saying those things right so long as they are said now. It wasn’t long ago that someone opened fire on Congressmen for the crime of playing baseball, so this threat isn’t illusory. Violent rhetoric has no place in a civilized society.

So what if they were said then?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-tru ... -facebook/
https://www.historyonthenet.com/obama-death-threats

Even right wing ammosexual Ted Nugent received a special visit from Secret Service. You can not seriously tell us that you never heard anything about Teddy

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-hosts-t ... da4b94c51/

anrec80

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 am

Jouhou wrote:

Also the damage is done, it's destabilized already, the first course of action is to get rid of the asset. Sorry Russian guy, I'm not going to ever believe we should keep him around for "stability". We could just send him to Russia, see how much respect Putin has for his asset once he's outlived his usefulness.

Who elected Trump and gave him 304 votes in Electoral College? Was it Russia or Putin personally? Keep in mind - half of the country sees him nonetheless as the legitimate leader. And they will not recognize this "just sending him to Russia". One very "freedom loving" and very "democratic" Eastern European country did exactly that about 5 years ago - and the consequences are there now for decades. Or do you actually want to turn the USA into Ukraine?

Your Democrats late 2016-early 2017 with all those "[email protected] manifestations" tried to do exactly that, I assure you. I don't know what actually prompted them to stop - perhaps among them there were people who realized the consequences?

Jouhou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:07 am

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Who elected Trump and gave him 304 votes in Electoral College? Was it Russia or Putin personally? Keep in mind - half of the country sees him nonetheless as the legitimate leader. And they will not recognize this "just sending him to Russia". One very "freedom loving" and very "democratic" Eastern European country did exactly that about 5 years ago - and the consequences are there now for decades. Or do you actually want to turn the USA into Ukraine?

Your Democrats late 2016-early 2017 with all those "[email protected] manifestations" tried to do exactly that, I assure you. I don't know what actually prompted them to stop - perhaps among them there were people who realized the consequences?

Your russianess is showing, wtf is a vagina manifestation? We haven't had a spike in STDs...

Also myself and the majority of this country did not vote for trump.

VTKillarney

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 am

seb146 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

So what if they were said then?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-tru ... -facebook/
https://www.historyonthenet.com/obama-death-threats

Even right wing ammosexual Ted Nugent received a special visit from Secret Service. You can not seriously tell us that you never heard anything about Teddy

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-hosts-t ... da4b94c51/

No, I had not heard of those. But much more importantly, see point #2. If it was wrong for Obama it’s wrong for Trump.

johnboy

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 am

Vagina Manifestations!
My new drag name lolol!

anrec80

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 am

Jouhou wrote:
Your russianess is showing, wtf is a vagina manifestation? We haven't had a spike in STDs...

What was going on late 2016-early 2017, right after Trump was elected? Recall those pink hats and Madonna cursing at it all with the last F words? I still don't get why they chose that stuff, really. Could they have not just limited themselves to a color (say, pink), as they did in other countries? You know, "Orange revolution", "rose revolution". I guess a "[email protected] revolution" (this is how those events were nicknamed) sounds way more creative than just a "pink revolution".

Jouhou wrote:

Well, Electoral College results are 304:227. And Electoral College institution is written into Constitution, and is recognized by every single state. This is how this country was assembled from states. By declaring those elections "illegitimate" and refusing to acknowledge them you basically are throwing into the garbage the country's Constitution and set of agreements between the states as they were joining the Union. With all the consequences that follow - if you can do that, why should I be a nice guy, recognition of different authorities by different states (re-fighting Civil War anyone?), disintegration of ties within the country. Devastation, simply put. Your best bet is to stop being hung up on Trump, and move candidates that can defeat him in 2020 election. He is not forever.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 am

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

What was going on late 2016-early 2017, right after Trump was elected? Recall those pink hats and Madonna cursing at it all with the last F words? I still don't get why they chose that stuff, really. Could they have not just limited themselves to a color (say, pink), as they did in other countries? You know, "Orange revolution", "rose revolution". I guess a "[email protected] revolution" (this is how those events were nicknamed) sounds way more creative than just a "pink revolution".

Jouhou wrote:

Well, Electoral College results are 304:227. And Electoral College institution is written into Constitution, and is recognized by every single state. This is how this country was assembled from states. By declaring those elections "illegitimate" and refusing to acknowledge them you basically are throwing into the garbage the country's Constitution and set of agreements between the states as they were joining the Union. With all the consequences that follow - if you can do that, why should I be a nice guy, recognition of different authorities by different states (re-fighting Civil War anyone?), disintegration of ties within the country. Devastation, simply put. Your best bet is to stop being hung up on Trump, and move candidates that can defeat him in 2020 election. He is not forever.

Women's Marches. That's the term you are looking for.

Vagina manifestations :rotfl:

johnboy

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am

anrec80 wrote:
- if you can do that, why should I be a nice guy...

Truth be told you’re actually not.
Sometimes the scab needs to be ripped off and the liars and traitors exposed so this country can start afresh. Anyone not on board with the overwhelming evidence in front of him/her deserves ridiculing at best. AT BEST.