seb146

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Also myself and the majority of this country did not vote for trump.

Well, Electoral College results are 304:227. And Electoral College institution is written into Constitution, and is recognized by every single state. This is how this country was assembled from states. By declaring those elections "illegitimate" and refusing to acknowledge them you basically are throwing into the garbage the country's Constitution and set of agreements between the states as they were joining the Union. With all the consequences that follow - if you can do that, why should I be a nice guy, recognition of different authorities by different states (re-fighting Civil War anyone?), disintegration of ties within the country. Devastation, simply put. Your best bet is to stop being hung up on Trump, and move candidates that can defeat him in 2020 election. He is not forever.

It is also VERY clear the Russia helped individual #1 get into office.

Every time a Democrat is elected to the White House, Republicans in fly-over states whine and complain about the Electoral College and how NY and CA alone get to select our president and so forth. Now, we need to respect EC. hmmmmm......

Also, your notion of "stop being hung up" is insanity at it's finest. There is more and more evidence that he worked with Russia to be installed and he is the current occupant of the White House. That last point alone is enough to be "hung up" on him.

Besides, you MAGA fan boys and the Republican party in general can not get over Hillary, Bill, and Obama...............
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

VTKillarney

Re: Breaking:F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm

seb146 wrote:

There is no evidence that Russia changed the result of the election.

That said, you are missing a very important part of the equation - whether or not Trump himself colluded with Russia. So far there is insufficient evidence to show that he did. That may change, but we can only go with what we know right now.

seb146

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:29 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There is no evidence that Russia changed the result of the election.

No, not at all

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1OG257
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/12/ ... 09002.html
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/17/67731999 ... st-reports

You seem to think hacking voting machines is the one and only way Russia interfered with elections. We have known for a very long time that voting machines are easily hacked and manipulated.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -machines/

It is also manipulating low information voters, as well.

That said, you are missing a very important part of the equation - whether or not Trump himself colluded with Russia. So far there is insufficient evidence to show that he did. That may change, but we can only go with what we know right now.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, flies like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a narwhal is what you are saying.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

qf789

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Seriously can we just debate the topic in a civil manner without the personal insults. If you cannot comply with that keep it to yourself otherwise further action will be taken including warnings and/or bans being handed out
Forum Moderator

Dieuwer

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Almost every week (day) now we are hearing about "Trump inquiry this, Trump inquiry that". Sorry, but I'm getting bored with all the "revelations". My patience has run out, I want to see some action. Time to put up or shut up: Trump should be indicted/impeached this Spring (Summer) and be removed from office, or nothing will happen for the next 2 (6) years.
Last edited by Dieuwer on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salttee

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Almost every week (day) now we are hearing about "Trump inquiry this, Trump inquiry that". Sorry, but I'm getting bored with all the "revelations". My patience has run out, I want to see some action. Time to put up or shut up: Trump should be indicted/impeached this Spring (Summer) and be removed from office, or nothing will happen for the next 2 (6) years.

During Watergate, it also seemed like it was going on forever to no end; it was super frustrating then too.
My advice: lower your expectations, enjoy the show.

Dieuwer

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 pm

salttee wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

During Watergate, it also seemed like it was going on forever to no end; it was super frustrating then too.

I'm used to Dutch efficiency: Can't produce your lunch receipt? Vote of no confidence within 24 hours and OUT you ARE. ;)

VTKillarney

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

At the end of the day what really matters is the Mueller report. Everything else is mere speculation. I am sure that just about the entirety of the country is eagerly awaiting the report.

trpmb6

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Bear with me here. Assume the report comes out, and there is nothing there that is impeachable. What then?

casinterest

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Bear with me here. Assume the report comes out, and there is nothing there that is impeachable. What then?

Watch out for the flying pigs with Unicorn snouts.
Where ever you go, there you are.

trpmb6

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 pm

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Watch out for the flying pigs with Unicorn snouts.

I'll start updating my cert requirements :rotfl: :duck:

TSS

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm

salttee wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Yep, I was in first and second grade during Watergate. What a drag it was having the hearings on all three networks (this was pre-cable, folks) every afternoon, pre-empting my reruns of I Dream Of Jeannie and Gilligan's Island. The only other choice was PBS, so I wound up watching a whole lot of Lilias, Yoga, And You that year.

Dieuwer, hold on tight because the real boredom hasn't even begun yet.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Dieuwer

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:30 pm

I wasn't born yet during Watergate ;)

anrec80

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:35 am

VTKillarney wrote:
At the end of the day what really matters is the Mueller report. Everything else is mere speculation. I am sure that just about the entirety of the country is eagerly awaiting the report.

What matters at the end of day - is not Mueller’s report, but what is actually proven by him in court. Nothing else. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:06 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Revelation or not, so far we have seen nothing. Look at the new Manafort court filing. It is almost completely blacked out, a big fat court filing with things we don't know.... but Mueller does.

Dieuwer wrote:
I wasn't born yet during Watergate ;)

But I guess you have been alive during Whitewater? That was 9 years of special council investigations for fewer indictments. Iirc, Mueller already has more indictments under his belt than any special council before him. At this time two of the other 10 SCIs had not yielded any.
The Mueller team clearly is the fastest and most efficient Special Council in US history.

And unless the current AG candidate can be made to commit to making it public you may not see any of that. Neither Mueller, not the democrats can "put up", the future AG has to do that. The guy that avoids saying he will like Satan avoids holy water..

Side note, he probably slipped up, but even Trumps own AG candidate thinks it is possible that his future Boss is in the Oval office because Russia put him there. Russia's election manipulation or attempted manipulation .... something along those lines.... "or" means both is possible.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

kaitak

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 pm

My own view has always been that DT himself has not colluded, but I do believe that others, such as family members, Manafort or Cohen, have colluded to some extent - whether they knew they were dealing directly with the Russian govt or not.

However, as far as Individual #1 is concerned, I don't think they needed him to collude. I believe that they (the Russians) had identified DT a long time as having potential and they just needed to find a way to deploy his (to them) unique combination of talents and qualities - someone vain, not the brightest, lacking integrity, empathy, sensitivity, awareness of international affairs, the lives of ordinary people - and many more. They had ample opportunity to see these qualities close up and to determine that "we can use this guy". They didn't need to tell him to do much, just "be yourself", in the clear knowledge that letting someone with his unique collection of talents anywhere near the corridors of power would unleash a tsunami of trouble for the US. He didn't need to be given instructions or guidance. Just run the US like you run your businesses - the same principles and the same approach - and look at what this has yielded for Russia, in only two years.

Of course, Trump says he's been tougher on Russia than any other President (BS of course), but it suits Russian interests to lose the odd battle or have the odd setback (e.g. the Iran deal), if the long term goal of isolating America and turning it into an international pariah were achieved - and they're well on the way to doing that. Thanks to DT, America is a country with which few other countries would want to enter into agreements, as they know they'd be dishonoured or flouted. From Russia's perspective, the plan is going far better than they could possibly have wished.

And the theatre now going on and the due process that has to be followed before he is taken out must just be adding to the enjoyment that the Russians are having over this. They probably know that the game is coming close to an end and he will ultimately be removed, but the long term damage to the perception of the US around the world will remain long after this debacle has ended. Trust takes a long time to be rebuilt once lost.

Flighty

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm

kaitak wrote:
My own view has always been that DT himself has not colluded, but I do believe that others, such as family members, Manafort or Cohen, have colluded to some extent - whether they knew they were dealing directly with the Russian govt or not.

However, as far as Individual #1 is concerned, I don't think they needed him to collude. I believe that they (the Russians) had identified DT a long time as having potential and they just needed to find a way to deploy his (to them) unique combination of talents and qualities - someone vain, not the brightest, lacking integrity, empathy, sensitivity, awareness of international affairs, the lives of ordinary people - and many more. They had ample opportunity to see these qualities close up and to determine that "we can use this guy". They didn't need to tell him to do much, just "be yourself", in the clear knowledge that letting someone with his unique collection of talents anywhere near the corridors of power would unleash a tsunami of trouble for the US. He didn't need to be given instructions or guidance. Just run the US like you run your businesses - the same principles and the same approach - and look at what this has yielded for Russia, in only two years.

Of course, Trump says he's been tougher on Russia than any other President (BS of course), but it suits Russian interests to lose the odd battle or have the odd setback (e.g. the Iran deal), if the long term goal of isolating America and turning it into an international pariah were achieved - and they're well on the way to doing that. Thanks to DT, America is a country with which few other countries would want to enter into agreements, as they know they'd be dishonoured or flouted. From Russia's perspective, the plan is going far better than they could possibly have wished.

And the theatre now going on and the due process that has to be followed before he is taken out must just be adding to the enjoyment that the Russians are having over this. They probably know that the game is coming close to an end and he will ultimately be removed, but the long term damage to the perception of the US around the world will remain long after this debacle has ended. Trust takes a long time to be rebuilt once lost.

A number of countries worked with Clinton, including giving her money, in the hopes that she would win. Her husband helped China enter the WTO. Even if Trump's team had a small and normal amount of interaction with Russians (as well as Canadians, Germans) then fine. If something improper happened, let's hear about that right away. I am waiting for the information about the improper activity.

The fact that Russia may have tried to influence the election is even less noteworthy. Of course, they are involved in covert efforts 24/7 since the founding of the USSR and before that. As are MANY other countries.

If they did NOT attempt to influence the 2016 election, that would be incredible news and totally unexpected. The idea that Russia may have attempted to influence the 2016 election is not a news story at all. A news story is required to have new, or surprising information. Instead it is a message that is meant to imply that Trump was not elected and the Establishment deserved to win. The voters were bad... that is the point of the story. To label it a Russia issue is misdirection, done crudely.

VTKillarney

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm

kaitak wrote:
My own view has always been that DT himself has not colluded

salttee wrote:
+5

I agree with both of the above quotes. Mueller's report may change my mind, but so far this is how I see things.

casinterest

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
kaitak wrote:
My own view has always been that DT himself has not colluded

salttee wrote:
+5

I agree with both of the above quotes. Mueller's report may change my mind, but so far this is how I see things.

It depends.
I think Trump is susceptible to power power and money. I think he and his business got plenty of it from Russia. The issues are going to fall along the lines of how much Manafort and others used the power of the presidential run to do business and trade with the Russians with Trump's tacit approval. There are a lot of strings to unwind, and Mueller's investigation will tell the take, but what is the ultimate difference if it was his campaign vs Trump that colluded with the Russians?

Also to what end did the Russian's interfere? This is the main concern and one that Trump has consistently ignored. If the Russians were running disinformation campaigns, or worse, messing with voting, then shouldnt't we be pursuing these investigations actively through the FBI and Justice Department?

Trump's attacks on the FBI and Justice department are unfortunately not an inspiring item if you think that Trump is innocent or unaware of Russia's involvement.

VTKillarney

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump's attacks on the FBI and Justice department are unfortunately not an inspiring item if you think that Trump is innocent or unaware of Russia's involvement.

Maybe, may not. I actually think that Trump's beef with the FBI stems from Comey's refusal to say publicly what he said privately to Trump - that Trump was not personally under investigation in the counterintelligence probe. (Comey later confirmed that he said this to Trump privately.)

It's interesting that the FBI did not see fit to place Trump under investigation until he fired Comey. That plays into the narrative that this was the deep state at work more than anything else.

trpmb6

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Really getting sick and tired of this.

Dems: Then: We should reset with Russia! Now: Russia is the single greatest geo-political foe we have! (I think that's what Romney said in 2012 isn't it?)
Dems: Then: Trump is too stupid to run the country, he is a complete buffoon (actually they still say this) Now: Trump ran a shadow campaign with the assistance of Russians to manipulate American voters and was able to do so with such effectiveness that we must spend millions and millions of dollars to uncover it.

So ready for the Mueller report.

casinterest

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Maybe, may not. I actually think that Trump's beef with the FBI stems from Comey's refusal to say publicly what he said privately to Trump - that Trump was not personally under investigation in the counterintelligence probe. (Comey later confirmed that he said this to Trump privately.)

It's interesting that the FBI did not see fit to place Trump under investigation until he fired Comey. That plays into the narrative that this was the deep state at work more than anything else.

Comey was fired because he would not pledge loyalty to Trump.
What kind of leader has to demand loyalty?

VTKillarney

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 pm

casinterest wrote:

Most leaders. Trump is the head of the executive branch. Every President has wanted people working for them who support their agenda. That's how it has always been and always will be.

casinterest

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:36 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Most leaders. Trump is the head of the executive branch. Every President has wanted people working for them who support their agenda. That's how it has always been and always will be.

An Agenda is fine, but when the President is lying every day, would you support him?

VTKillarney

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

An Agenda is fine, but when the President is lying every day, would you support him?

It depends. All politicians lie to some degree. If the positives of their overall policies and actions outweigh the negatives of their lying, then yes, I would support that President. Sometimes we just can't have perfection so we have to choose the best imperfect option.

trpmb6

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:48 pm

That assertion ignores the part where Rod Rosenstein recommended Comey be fired for violating Justice Department protocols.

bennett123

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Casinterest

Tony Soprano.

Just joking.

casinterest

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:56 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

It depends. All politicians lie to some degree. If the positives of their overall policies and actions outweigh the negatives of their lying, then yes, I would support that President. Sometimes we just can't have perfection so we have to choose the best imperfect option.

If the policies are based on lies, how good are the policies?

casinterest

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:04 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
That assertion ignores the part where Rod Rosenstein recommended Comey be fired for violating Justice Department protocols.

That assertion ignores the existence of a memo and known utterances of Donald Trump that he was looking for cover for Flynn.
The same guy that just got dressed down in court a month ago.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:16 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Really getting sick and tired of this.

Dems: Then: We should reset with Russia! Now: Russia is the single greatest geo-political foe we have! (I think that's what Romney said in 2012 isn't it?)
Dems: Then: Trump is too stupid to run the country, he is a complete buffoon (actually they still say this) Now: Trump ran a shadow campaign with the assistance of Russians to manipulate American voters and was able to do so with such effectiveness that we must spend millions and millions of dollars to uncover it.

So ready for the Mueller report.

You could also call it "before 2014" and after "2014".

Best regards
Thomas

2122M

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

That assertion ignores the fact the Trump stated publicly, multiple times, the he had decided he was going to fire Comey regardless of the DOJ memo, and he was going to do so specifically because of the Russia probe.

2122M

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Most leaders recognize that they are not the smartest person on earth and surround themselves with people who can provide a broad range of expertise, even if the conclusions of that expertise challenge the preconceived notions of the leader.

Trump demands blind loyalty.

I hope even you can see the difference.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:30 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Most leaders recognize that they are not the smartest person on earth and surround themselves with people who can provide a broad range of expertise, even if the conclusions of that expertise challenge the preconceived notions of the leader.

Trump demands blind loyalty.

I hope even you can see the difference.

He can't. He doesn't even realize that he makes Trump look like a terrible leader. People around Trump can not support his agenda, because he does keep those people in the dark.

I haven't heard of people coming forward "no... we where extensively briefed what he discussed with Putin and how that effects our agenda!".

Best regards
Thomas

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 pm

And now Trump's choice for "Best" Lawyer has thrown the Trump Campaign under a bus and is now trying to walk it back.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... gn-1108396

Last Night
“I never said there was no collusion between the campaign. Or between people in the campaign,” Giuliani told Cuomo."

Now today

I represent only President Trump not the Trump campaign. There was no collusion by President Trump in any way, shape or form," Giuliani said in a statement, adding, "Likewise, I have no knowledge of any collusion by any of the thousands of people who worked on the campaign.The only knowledge I have in this regard is the collusion of the Clinton campaign with Russia which has so far been ignored."

He is throwing the Clinton campaign under the bus now, but there has been no collusion by Clinton's campaign. I would like to see what "Best:lawyer Giuliani can say to back that up.

With Lawyers like this, how is Trump going to defend himself? We have Trump asking the Russians to Hack Hillary's email servers on camera.

casinterest

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 am

How long was Trump in contact with Russia?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 642773002/

"Later, as a presidential candidate, he secretly signed an 18-page letter of intent for Trump Tower Moscow on Oct. 28, 2015, the day of the third Republican presidential debate.

Court filings by Mueller in November make clear that negotiations led by Trump lawyer Michael Cohen continued through at least June 2016. Cohen lied about this to Congress to "give the false impression that the Moscow Project ended before 'the Iowa caucus and ... the very first primary,' " according to the filings.

"

It seems he was in contact with Russia even during the famous request to get the emails .

tommy1808

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 am

casinterest wrote:

Since 1987. Right back from Moscow he started working Russian interests. Just google “An open letter from Donald J. Trump on why America should stop paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves”.

best regards
Thomas

casinterest

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:29 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Since 1987. Right back from Moscow he started working Russian interests. Just google “An open letter from Donald J. Trump on why America should stop paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves”.

best regards
Thomas

I have seen the letter. I just wonder if Trump supporters have.

salttee

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:28 am

Trump and His Associates Had More Than 100 Contacts With Russians Before the Inauguration
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ion=Footer

Jouhou

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:22 am

tommy1808 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

best regards
Thomas

He had Russian mob connections long before then.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 am

Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

best regards
Thomas

He had Russian mob connections long before then.

Not just him it would seem....... Why did Mnuchin want to get rid of the Dmitry Deripaska Sanctions so quickly..... ? Well, he is a friend of of one of Deripaska´s business partner, who he has business with himself too. That is a 200 million USD windfall for his friend, that also happens to be a Republican/Trump campaign donor.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/us/p ... tions.html

But has he always donated for Republicans? Nope, he used to mostly donate to Democrats, and not all that much, but in 2014 he started donating more, and to the other side of the aisle......

What else was 2014? Trump claims he had a private meeting with Putin....... Kushner and Ivanka went to Russia, where they met with Mr. Vekselberg... also a major shareholder of Rusal, Deripaska´s conglomerate....

The same year Steve Bannon got a briefing on the legality of Cambridge Analytics and how to use them during US elections from law firm Bracewell & Giuliani lawer Laurence Levy, the NRA started to get cosy with the Russians and the Internet Research Agency started "research" in the US.

It would appear that the project was committed somewhere between April and July in 2014.

I wonder if this will get to the level of the Italian P2, that once exposed turned out to have so many members in all branches of government that prosecution may have paralyzed the country as a whole, and hence not much of that happened: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

best regards
Thomas

monomojo

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 am

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

No FBI director or AG is purely loyal to the President. Their loyalties are to the Constitution and to enforcing the laws and regulations of the United States as duly enacted by the Legislature (as is the President!). FBI Directors are appointed to 10 year terms and traditionally held over between Executive Office holders precisely to avoid the implication that the Director is overtly loyal to the President he serves under. A President requesting a Director of the FBI to interfere in a counterintelligence investigation on his behalf and then firing him when he refuses to publicly commit to not investigating the President is by definition obstruction of justice, and such a president certainly deserves no loyalty at all.

casinterest

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:48 pm

Well, I think Brennan and most Americans can be reasonably assured that Trump is working on behalf of Russia.

https://twitter.com/JohnBrennan/status/ ... 3340308480
"Your refusal to accept the unanimous assessment of U.S. Intelligence on Iran, No. Korea, ISIS, Russia, & so much more shows the extent of your intellectual bankruptcy. All Americans, especially members of Congress, need to understand the danger you pose to our national security.John O. Brennan added,
"

jetero

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Remember . . . NO COLLUSION! Has to be DEEP STATE!

The Republican leadership in Congress the past 2 years has a hell of a lot to answer for.

bennett123

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:36 pm

Iirc, he said to Putin ‘Did you tamper with the elections’. Putin said ‘No’.

Trump took this at face value to prove there was no collusion.

You could not make this stuff up.

BN747
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 am

bennett123 wrote:

Well we are living it...our Traitorous 'I know more than generals' & 'I know more than the intel peeps' Leader, is the living and breathing epitome of 'you can't make this stuff up'...

If it was exposed 6 months prior to the 2016 election, how truly ignorant and uneducated this person is, those who did cast votes for him would have still done so...
So, the question is, what does this say about a good chunk of America?

Massive Brain Drain comes to mind.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

jetero

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 am

Get ready for 24 months of “but everyone lies” and “there is no tape to prove it” that will drag the country farther down the drain by normalizing such behavior.

THANK YOU REPUBLICANS!!!!!

tommy1808

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:49 am

BN747 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Well we are living it...our Traitorous 'I know more than generals' & 'I know more than the intel peeps' Leader, is the living and breathing epitome of 'you can't make this stuff up'...

And especially funny from the guy that can´t tell reality and fiction apart, as he keeps retelling scenes fro Sicario as if they where real......

He truly is the Dunning-Kruger poster man-child......

best regards
Thomas