Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bagoldex
Topic Author

President Trump ill?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:18 pm

Note the blood-soaked bandaid on the back of the president’s hand. Seems like a strange place to injure oneself. Perhaps the president’s been receiving some kind of intravenous treatment?

salttee

Re: President Trump ill?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 pm

That looks like a senile dementia patch to me.

Although it might be where Nancy Pelosi bit him.

bagoldex
Topic Author

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:36 pm

salttee wrote:

He wears that on his left arm ...

Berevoff

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 am

We can only hope so.

I've long thought he's been on some serious steroids for some illness. It would help explain his facial swelling.

VTKillarney

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 am

Berevoff wrote:
We can only hope so.

Just as with Ruth Badger Ginsburg, it’s not something I would ever wish upon someone.

seb146

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 am

When people get older, their skin gets thinner and tends to bruise and tear easier. The brosband's mother does this often. She is 80+ and a simple bump that I would not notice turns into a huge purple blotch.

ltbewr

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:09 am

Interesting. Likely it could be from common blood tests or minor injuries. Problem is that he is so secretive and likely lying about his real health (along with almost everything else) one has to speculate if getting some form of medial treatment, perhaps minor or major and won't talk about out of fear of looking weak.

bagoldex
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:14 am

seb146 wrote:
When people get older, their skin gets thinner and tends to bruise and tear easier. The brosband's mother does this often. She is 80+ and a simple bump that I would not notice turns into a huge purple blotch.

I hadn’t thought of that. It would still beg the question of how severely compromised his health is if he’s already experiencing this in his early 70s.

Jouhou

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:31 am

ltbewr wrote:
Interesting. Likely it could be from common blood tests or minor injuries. Problem is that he is so secretive and likely lying about his real health (along with almost everything else) one has to speculate if getting some form of medial treatment, perhaps minor or major and won't talk about out of fear of looking weak.

Yeah, phlebotomists will go for the vein right there if they can't coax a vein in the arm to pop out in an accessible manner. I have a factor deficiency and have had my blood drawn a whole lot. There were a couple of times they couldn't get the veins in my arms to cooperate and went for the band (I have since figured out that chugging a bunch of water before getting my blood drawn helps my veins come out.)

Anyways, it's probably just standard blood tests as mentioned.

Francoflier

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:42 am

You'd imagine a man of his age, especially one with a bad diet and little exercise, would have a few ailments to deal with. Nothing unusual I would say, and probably nothing serious.

At least he's not a smoker nor a drinker, so he's got that going for him.

tommy1808

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:22 am

salttee wrote:

Although it might be where Nancy Pelosi bit him.

Nah... she can´t get close enough.

Remember how he ran out of a meeting so no one would see she made him cry?

best regards
Thomas

trpmb6

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:03 pm

It would not surprise me if he was on blood pressure medication based on his weight and age (my dad who is younger and about the same weight is on them and experiences bruising and occasional bleeding in the hand and arm areas) to be the cause. However, since his the rest of his skin doesn't appear to be giving the same discoloration that goes along with blood pressure medication, I'm thinking he just had his blood drawn.

seb146

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
It would not surprise me if he was on blood pressure medication based on his weight and age (my dad who is younger and about the same weight is on them and experiences bruising and occasional bleeding in the hand and arm areas) to be the cause. However, since his the rest of his skin doesn't appear to be giving the same discoloration that goes along with blood pressure medication, I'm thinking he just had his blood drawn.

A typical blood draw would not be in those areas. A typical blood draw is opposite the elbow. Perhaps he had an IV in his hand. The hand is a common place to receive an IV. His arm could be from a fall. Neither of those bandages are from a simple blood draw.

casinterest

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Look folks he was on the plane, and he moves from plane to car, and is directed by secret service agents. He may have just hit something or a bush and scraped it. I doubt there is anything else to it. I currently have a scrape that I have no clue how I got. Probably involved walking the dog, and the dog taking off with the leash towards a squirrel in the opposite direction

KICT

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 am

trpmb6 wrote:

Your dad weights 230 lbs?

KentB27

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 am

I'm sure Trump has some minor health issues. He's in his 70's, he's overweight, and it's widely known that he has a poor diet and doesn't exercise. I bet his blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood work numbers are all pretty horrendous. All of these things are treatable and lots of Americans have those exact issues, but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a serious health issue during his presidency. He's the oldest president ever to assume office in American history and also among the least physically fit presidents this country has ever had.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:00 am

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

A typical blood draw would not be in those areas. A typical blood draw is opposite the elbow. Perhaps he had an IV in his hand. The hand is a common place to receive an IV. His arm could be from a fall. Neither of those bandages are from a simple blood draw.

I mentioned up thread I've had normal blood draws from the back of my hand twice on days where my veins weren't cooperating (and I was likely a little dehydrated). Sometimes they just don't want to pop out.

*extreme tangent* -There was another time where they tried a vein on my forearm when the normal spot wasn't working. Not doing that again, caused me to "faint" which is a bit more terrifying than that sounds, by heart slowed to a near stop long enough where it was a whole prolonged incident where they got a blood pressure cuff on me after I started breathing but feeling like I had no air, initially showing no detectable blood pressure when I started losing consciousness to finally showing 80/50 when I started regaining the ability to move.

I have no idea if that particular vein did that (that's a response related to connected nerves), but I'm dead set on only doing the normal veins from that point forward.

KICT

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 am

KentB27 wrote:
He's the oldest president ever to assume office in American history and also among the least physically fit presidents this country has ever had.

This is not true. He told me (and his doctor) that he was the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.
People are saying. Also.

trpmb6

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 pm

KICT wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Your dad weights 230 lbs?

Probably more actually. I would say the president is in much better health than my step father. But he is stubborn in his ways. It will sadly be the death of him.

falstaff

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Yeah, phlebotomists will go for the vein right there if they can't coax a vein in the arm to pop out in an accessible manner.

Every blood test I have had since I was in my early teens has been taken out of my hand, because the vein is so easy to get at (If I make a fist it sticks out). They use a smaller needle and it takes a bit longer, but no big deal. They could use my arm, but I prefer the hand. I wouldn't think twice about seeing the President with a bandage on his hand in that spot.

seb146

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:58 pm

falstaff wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Yeah, phlebotomists will go for the vein right there if they can't coax a vein in the arm to pop out in an accessible manner.

Every blood test I have had since I was in my early teens has been taken out of my hand, because the vein is so easy to get at (If I make a fist it sticks out). They use a smaller needle and it takes a bit longer, but no big deal. They could use my arm, but I prefer the hand. I wouldn't think twice about seeing the President with a bandage on his hand in that spot.

Something else that bothers me about the first pic is the amount of blood. When I have a blood draw, there is a tiny bit on the cotton ball when I finally remove it. Nothing like that. I wonder if he is on a blood thinner? If he has not been to a doctor, this should raise some red flags.

falstaff

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
When I have a blood draw, there is a tiny bit on the cotton ball when I finally remove it.

Yes, there is usually very little blood for me too.

787Driver

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
falstaff wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Something else that bothers me about the first pic is the amount of blood. When I have a blood draw, there is a tiny bit on the cotton ball when I finally remove it. Nothing like that. I wonder if he is on a blood thinner? If he has not been to a doctor, this should raise some red flags.

Well maybe the needle punched through the vein? It can happen if the doctor isn't careful.

Jouhou

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
falstaff wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

If you're a total pansy and jump around a lot when they stick in the needle, people tend to bleed more. I'm sure Trump isn't that brave with needles. Also I'm pretty sure the needles are tipped with anti-coagulants. Basically, you need to sit still and not disturb the site of the puncture if you want to only bleed a little.

trpmb6

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:06 pm

More fuss about this than when Harry Reid got into a fit with his sink. (I jest)

bagoldex
Topic Author

Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 pm

White House is "hiding" something about Donald Trump’s physical exam, says Dick Cheney’s cardiologist

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-p ... th-1328852

NIKV69

Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
More fuss about this than when Harry Reid got into a fit with his sink. (I jest)

Wasn't it a teradmill? :rotfl: