Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: MAGA-Clad Teens Harass and Mock Native American Vet

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 am

flyguy89 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Now, can we talk about the MAGA fan boys doing what MAGA fan boys do? Acting the way MAGA fan boys act?

In what sense exactly? I'm not trying to be facetious, just honestly asking since the original characterization of the events has now been debunked: the students were herded to that location to wait for their bus pick-up, not to counter-protest. They didn't "mob" Mr. Phillips, Mr. Phillips approached them, and we see members of Mr. Phillips group yelling at the students to go back to Europe. There was no Build the Wall chanting. Can we say the one kid staring at Mr. Phillips was being a little douchebag? Sure. But this was hardly the racial narrative we were originally sold.

So they were wearing MAGA gear because.............? The MAGA base is fixated on playing "gotcha" that they also need to be answering to the overt racism they support. The same reason racists freak out at brown skin, judging based on looks alone, the MAGA fan boys are freaked out because people judge them based on looks alone. And the MAGA base hates it. Gee..... I wonder why?
Last edited by seb146 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:31 am

salttee wrote:
It seems that just before the confrontation with the Vet, they had gained the attention of some black guys who were doing a civil rights demonstration of some kind (surprise, southern kids meet black civil rights demonstrators and things don't go well).

They were Black Hebrew Israelites and were hurling slurs like the n-word at the black Catholic students in the group and, among other choice obscenities, accusing the students of "giving f**gots rights." Hardly a civil rights group, but by all means don't let your own bigotry get in the way of the facts.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:39 am

seb146 wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Now, can we talk about the MAGA fan boys doing what MAGA fan boys do? Acting the way MAGA fan boys act?

In what sense exactly? I'm not trying to be facetious, just honestly asking since the original characterization of the events has now been debunked: the students were herded to that location to wait for their bus pick-up, not to counter-protest. They didn't "mob" Mr. Phillips, Mr. Phillips approached them, and we see members of Mr. Phillips group yelling at the students to go back to Europe. There was no Build the Wall chanting. Can we say the one kid staring at Mr. Phillips was being a little douchebag? Sure. But this was hardly the racial narrative we were originally sold.

So they were wearing MAGA gear because.............? The MAGA base is fixated on playing "gotcha" that they also need to be answering to the overt racism they support. The same reason racists freak out at brown skin, judging based on looks alone, the MAGA fan boys are freaked out because people judge them based on looks alone. And the MAGA base hates it. Gee..... I wonder why?

I don't like Trump either, but wearing MAGA gear alone hardly excuses or warrants harassment...let alone a group of minors. There are a myriad number of reasons I don't agree with that someone could be supporting Trump that aren't racial.

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:39 am

flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:
It seems that just before the confrontation with the Vet, they had gained the attention of some black guys who were doing a civil rights demonstration of some kind (surprise, southern kids meet black civil rights demonstrators and things don't go well).

They were Black Hebrew Israelites and were hurling slurs like the n-word at the black Catholic students in the group and, among other choice obscenities, accusing the students of "giving f**gots rights." Hardly a civil rights group, but by all means don't let your own bigotry get in the way of the facts.

Doncha have to wonder how that dialogue got started?

I'm sure the black guys weren't hurling invectives at everyone who passed by.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:49 am

salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Lol they kind of were. According to the AP they were even getting into it with some of the Native Americans, calling them "sell-outs."

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 am

flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Lol they kind of were. According to the AP they were even getting into it with some of the Native Americans, calling them "sell-outs."

Lol you have a link?

seb146

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:14 am

flyguy89 wrote:
I don't like Trump either, but wearing MAGA gear alone hardly excuses or warrants harassment...let alone a group of minors. There are a myriad number of reasons I don't agree with that someone could be supporting Trump that aren't racial.

Wearing a turban, speaking Spanish, having dark skin, marrying someone of the same gender hardly excuses or warrants harassment but it happens every day. They can judge based on one factor, they should be judged based on one factor.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jouhou

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:52 am

KICT wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Just saw this Tweet from CNN's Jake Tapper about Nathan Phillips claim of what happened vs. the video footage.
But please don't let the facts get in the way of your liberal agenda...

I love how in the course of a single week you knuckle draggers are now using Tapper tweets and Mueller statements to justify your messaging.

You are a member of a white nationalist movement. Why not drop the pretense and just own it?

Don't say that, a lot of them have been saying that lately. I've had to explain to numerous people lately what the term "nationalist" means to most of us when they say that they are "proud" "nationalists". I haven't come across the addition of "white" to the equation in real life, but between steve king and the internet I think it's coming.
情報

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:59 am

salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Lol you have a link?

Here you go: https://www.yahoo.com/news/students-see ... 21338.html

Phillips had approached Sandmann, but well before that, both his group and Sandmann's, which had taken part in the anti-abortion rally, were confronted by a third group that appeared to be affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement. Videos show members of the religious group yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return. Video also shows the Native Americans being insulted by the small religious group.

seb146 wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Wearing a turban, speaking Spanish, having dark skin, marrying someone of the same gender hardly excuses or warrants harassment but it happens every day. They can judge based on one factor, they should be judged based on one factor.

Were those kids doing any of those things, or can you read minds. Otherwise you're stereotyping. Again, wearing MAGA gear alone doesn't excuse or warrant harassment.

alfa164
Topic Author

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 am

seb146 wrote:

It is ironic that the same people whining that people are judging these juvenile dogmatists are the same people who are more than willing to lump asylum seekers together as "murderers, drug dealers, and rapists"... or, at the very least, support the demagogic narcissist who makes those claims.

And I still can't see how anyone can justify their mocking of a Native American veteran, and the disrespect they showed to the man.

flyguy89 wrote:
Were those kids doing any of those things, or can you read minds. Otherwise you're stereotyping. Again, wearing MAGA gear alone doesn't excuse or warrant harassment.

I will repeat: I can't say that everyone who still supports Trump is a xenophobic, racist white nationalist. I can say that everyone I know who still supports Trump is a xenophobic, racist white nationalist. His appeals to the economically disenfranchised died a long time ago, and he relies more and more on those Americans with the basest of beliefs.

And it is not stereotyping to say these children went to an anti-abortion march after being brainwashed by a religious dogma that demands everyone think alike - and, apparently, went at the behest of that organization. History is replete with groups sending children to do their dirty work carry their "message"...

The problem is not that anyone is reading their minds. The problem is the people warping their minds.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:14 am

flyguy89 wrote:
Here you go: https://www.yahoo.com/news/students-see ... 21338.html

Phillips had approached Sandmann, but well before that, both his group and Sandmann's, which had taken part in the anti-abortion rally, were confronted by a third group that appeared to be affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement. Videos show members of the religious group yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return. Video also shows the Native Americans being insulted by the small religious group.
This writeup seems standard fare for where we are now with the story.

"members of the religious group yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return" The kids were the ones running on adrenaline, I'm sure their smart mouths began that episode. Those black guys would give back as good as they get, but I can't believe they were calling out passersby. Anyway that's not the story that's the claimed excuse.

The alfa kid, Nick Sandmann, claims he was trying to calm things down: he says, "a teacher chaperone gave the students permission to begin their school chants "to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group." Picture that, their High School Football Game chant. Wearing their MAGA hats.
That's priceless, too bad we don't have video of that, that would really calm things down.

Then Nick Sandmann goes on:"The protester everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path," Sandmann wrote. "He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face."

Who was in who's face? Sandman would have needed a mirror to "see anyone try to block his path".

The problem Nick Sandmann has is that we've all seen that face, the smirk he held for so long. It's the kind of smirk that brings revulsion to any human anywhere.

The NA guy, Nathan Phillips tells us that people were chanting "Build that wall" "Go back to the reservation." "They were making remarks to each other ... (such as) 'In my state those Indians are nothing but a bunch of drunks.'"

Phillips said. "These young people were just roughshodding through our space, like what's been going on for 500 years here — just walking through our territories, feeling like 'this is ours.'"

Sandman stood in Phillips' way and gave his smirk. Sandman writes that he "believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping defuse the situation."

Yea right, we've all seen that smirk before.

Thanks for the link.

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:37 am

Here's the long view of the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_g ... pp=desktop

The Black Hebrew Israelite goofballs were pontificating in the manner of religious zealots. Anybody who gets involved in a shouting match with them is out of their mind. This was a completely stupid move on the part of the chaperones to allow those kids to do anything but watch from a distance.

tommy1808

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 am

cpd wrote:
They will be unemployable with their faces plastered over social media and news outlets the world over.

Or they just take a job at Emmanuel Christian School ....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

EA CO AS

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 am

salttee wrote:
Sandman stood in Phillips' way and gave his smirk. Sandman writes that he "believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping defuse the situation."

Yea right, we've all seen that smirk before.

Uh, what video were you watching? I saw Mr. Phillips walk right up to Sandmann, not the other way around. And where you see a smirk, I see an uncomfortable smile, along the lines of, "Uh....ok, I totally don't know what to do right now..." because it's clear that kid honestly had no idea what Mr. Phillips' intentions were. Was he going to walk around him? Did he expect him to step aside? Was he trying to share his drumming with him? Was he trying to intimidate him? He didn't say a word, after all - just chanted in his native language while beating his drum as he strode right up to a teenager and went face-to-face with him.

Imagine that Sandmann was, instead, a 16 year old girl - do you like those optics? I don't. So why should it be any different for a teenage boy?

This was a Marine Corps vet, walking up to and going nose to nose with a teenager for seemingly no reason whatsoever, and not telegraphing his intent at all. What else would you expect this kid to feel, other than really, really uncomfortable and unsure of what to do? His face shows that, if you ask me.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:25 am

EA CO AS wrote:
This was a Marine Corps vet, walking up to and going nose to nose with a teenager for seemingly no reason whatsoever, and not telegraphing his intent at all.

His wearing of a MAGAt hat was reason enough. Going nose to nose with fascism is the only way to confront and ultimately defeat it.

EA CO AS wrote:
His face shows that, if you ask me.

No one asked you, but yeah - of course you see nothing wrong here. After all, he's a potential voter for your side.
What I see is a punchable face, a white nationalist's offspring, and a fascist in the making.
People are saying. Believe me.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 am

When normal people feel uncomfortable and threatened, they step out of the way. They don't puff their chest out and smirk.
情報

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:06 am

alfa164 wrote:
And it is not stereotyping to say these children went to an anti-abortion march after being brainwashed by a religious dogma that demands everyone think alike - and, apparently, went at the behest of that organization. History is replete with groups sending children to do their dirty work carry their "message"...

Which has nothing to do with incident at hand here.

salttee wrote:
"members of the religious group yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return" The kids were the ones running on adrenaline, I'm sure their smart mouths began that episode. Those black guys would give back as good as they get, but I can't believe they were calling out passersby. Anyway that's not the story that's the claimed excuse.

And I guess the Native Americans the Black Hebrew Israelites were also insulting were "asking for it" and provoking them, too?

salttee wrote:
Picture that, their High School Football Game chant. Wearing their MAGA hats.
That's priceless, too bad we don't have video of that, that would really calm things down.

Uhh...there actually is video of it. And one of the Native American bystanders even talks about how the students were doing a haka dance/chant, a popular globally-performed sports chant popularized by the New Zealand rugby team.

salttee wrote:
The problem Nick Sandmann has is that we've all seen that face, the smirk he held for so long. It's the kind of smirk that brings revulsion to any human anywhere.

So that's what we're down to here...we don't like his smirk.

salttee wrote:
The NA guy, Nathan Phillips tells us that people were chanting "Build that wall" "Go back to the reservation." "They were making remarks to each other ... (such as) 'In my state those Indians are nothing but a bunch of drunks.'"

Nowhere in the nearly two hours of footage of the entire encounter can a "build that wall" chant be heard.

KICT wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
This was a Marine Corps vet, walking up to and going nose to nose with a teenager for seemingly no reason whatsoever, and not telegraphing his intent at all.

His wearing of a MAGAt hat was reason enough. Going nose to nose with fascism is the only way to confront and ultimately defeat it.

Ah not so much a fan of the first amendment I see.

KICT wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
His face shows that, if you ask me.

No one asked you, but yeah - of course you see nothing wrong here. After all, he's a potential voter for your side.
What I see is a punchable face, a white nationalist's offspring, and a fascist in the making.

Because with that violent caveman-like eye-for-an-eye mentality you definitely don't sound fascist at all :roll:

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 am

flyguy89 wrote:

Actually I'm a big fan, so much so that I've previously swore an oath to protect and defend it from all enemies, foreign and domestic and dedicated many years of my life to its protection.
You have no idea what the First Amendment means, your post clearly proving just that. No one's rights were violated here.
Perhaps you should read it again, shall we? Together with me now...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

See? Was that hard?
You MAGAts sure do have trouble with this concept. Maybe you should actually read the pocket sized Constitutions you love to carry around?

Jouhou

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 am

Yeah. First amendment only applies to government action. Society letting people know their behavior isn't acceptable in societies eyes is not a violation of first amendment rights. That's how society puts sociopaths in their place.
情報

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 am

Jouhou wrote:
Yeah. First amendment only applies to government action. Society letting people know their behavior isn't acceptable in societies eyes is not a violation of first amendment rights. That's how society puts sociopaths in their place.

Exactly and furthermore I am DONE being lectured about the First Amendment by people who think it is somehow respectable, legal, and ethical with respect to the First Amendment for the President of the United States* to call the press the enemy of the people.

But yeah, I'm the one who's "not a fan" (?) of the First Amendment.

Give me a BREAK. What a complete and utter farce.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:23 am

KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Actually I'm a big fan, so much so that I've previously swore an oath to protect and defend it from all enemies, foreign and domestic and dedicated many years of my life to its protection.
You have no idea what the First Amendment means, your post clearly proving just that. No one's rights were violated here.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

See? Was that hard?
You MAGAts sure do have trouble with this concept. Maybe you should actually read the pocket sized Constitutions you love to carry around?

Mmmhmm, says the guy talking about punching and harassing people on public land for nothing other than wearing a MAGA hat.

I didn't vote for Trump...can't stand him. But your fascistic mentality certainly isn't helping to solve anything.

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 am

flyguy89 wrote:
I didn't vote for Trump...can't stand him. But your fascistic mentality certainly isn't helping to solve anything.

Thoughts and prayers.

Go study up on your Constitution.

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:29 am

If you are more upset about the "harassment" of the "kid" in this picture...

...than you are about the kid in this picture, you are part of the problem.

Last edited by KICT on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 am

Jouhou wrote:

They were on public land, the first amendment guarantees their right to wear what they want without physical violence.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am

flyguy89 wrote:
KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

See? Was that hard?

Mmmhmm, says the guy talking about punching and harassing people on public land for nothing other than wearing a MAGA hat.

We've grown accustomed to making it clear that everyone else is willing to fight if they do push the boundaries anymore than they already have. Part of the reason they do this shit is because they believe "liberals" won't fight back. Kinda like how they frequently believe "liberals" don't own guns.
情報

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:32 am

flyguy89 wrote:
They were on public land, the first amendment guarantees their right to wear what they want without physical violence.

No it doesn't. The First Amendment has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

salttee

flyguy89 wrote:

That's where it all started, that smirk made it go viral.

You've seen it, you recognize it.
You'd be lying if you say you don't.

EA CO AS wrote:
I saw Mr. Phillips walk right up to Sandmann, not the other way around.

You're so cute when you play dumb.
Nathan Phillips was doing native American ceremony, a chant with a foot shuffling dance, that's another thing we've all seen; yet you right wingers want to pretend you have no idea.
For you to say that "Phillips walked right up to Sandmann" is blatant dishonesty on your part. Sandman even said how everyone else moved aside for Phillips.

Cheap lies is all you have.

flyguy89

KICT wrote:
If you are more upset about the "harassment" of the "kid" in this picture...

...than you are about the kid in this picture, you are part of the problem.

I agree..that goes for you as well champ ;)

Jouhou

flyguy89 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

That's covered by different laws. You can't legally use physical violence on private land either.
情報

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 am

KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

No it doesn't. The First Amendment has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

They had a legal right to wear those hats and they even had a legal right to mouth off.

But that doesn't change the fact that these high school kids behaved atrociously. And their guardians just stood by. And their parents are now lying about what happened, spinning the story like Trump himself would.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 am

KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

No it doesn't.

Sure does. Kind of the whole reason the government is obligated to provide for the safe expression of free speech on public lands.

salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

That's where it all started, that smirk made it go viral.

You've seen it, you recognize it.
You'd be lying if you say you don't.

The whole reason it went viral was the gross mischaracterization of events which we now know to be false.

Jouhou wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

That's covered by different laws. You can't legally use physical violence on private land either.

Also true.

salttee wrote:
But that doesn't change the fact that these high school kids behaved atrociously. And their guardians just stood by. And their parents are now lying about what happened, spinning the story like Trump himself would.

At this point with the full video of events out, what exactly are you finding "atrocious?" And what exactly are their parents lying about?

salttee wrote:
For you to say that "Phillips walked right up to Sandmann" is blatant dishonesty on your part. Sandman even said how everyone else moved aside for Phillips.

Fortunately we don't have to wonder or guess or lie. Again, it was all captured on video.
Last edited by flyguy89 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:52 am

flyguy89 wrote:
At this point with the full video of events out, what exactly are you finding "atrocious?" And what exactly are their parents lying about?

Play dumb on your own time without my help.

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:54 am

salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

I am truly and deeply sorry that what actually happened didn't conform with what you wished had happened.

Jouhou

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:59 am

flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
O

I am truly and deeply sorry that what actually happened didn't conform with what you wished had happened.

Wait, what exactly happened that exonerated these kids? The fact that they were "approached"? That didn't change my view of events at all. I saw it as these punks not clearing the way for him and instead stood there and taunted the guy. That seems like some testosterone driven asshole behavior to me.

P.S. When I encounter this very behavior in real life I see that rude behavior and see it as a free pass to be rude myself. So I'll shove them right out of the way making sure they understand it was deliberate. They don't expect ladies to fight back. I make sure they understand we will. Don't block or corner me in a threatening manner.
Last edited by Jouhou on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
情報

salttee

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:01 am

flyguy89 wrote:

That sounds about like something Charlie Manson might have said to Sharon Tate.

You're such a warm and sensitive guy.

MaverickM11

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:46 am

flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Black Israelites are next-level crazy. They make scientologists seem grounded.
I don't take responsibility at all

flyguy89

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:58 am

Jouhou wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:
O

Wait, what exactly happened that exonerated these kids? The fact that they were "approached"? That didn't change my view of events at all. I saw it as these punks not clearing the way for him and instead stood there and taunted the guy. That seems like some testosterone driven asshole behavior to me.

That they were approached. That there were no "build that wall" chants. That Mr. Phillips and his group waded into the group of students yelling at them to "go back to Europe." It's not even clear from video that what they were doing was taunting. It's a wholly different story from what was originally reported of Mr. Phillips being a bystander mobbed by racially-motivated teens. Not clearing the way may have been disrespectful, but then it's hardly clear what Mr. Phillips intentions were from watching the video, and hardly rises to the level of "atrocious."

salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Except he was delusional, so you'd probably have more in common with him than I ever would :D

Jouhou

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:24 am

flyguy89 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

That they were approached. That there were no "build that wall" chants. That Mr. Phillips and his group waded into the group of students yelling at them to "go back to Europe." It's not even clear from video that what they were doing was taunting. It's a wholly different story from what was originally reported of Mr. Phillips being a bystander mobbed by racially-motivated teens. Not clearing the way may have been disrespectful, but then it's hardly clear what Mr. Phillips intentions were from watching the video, and hardly rises to the level of "atrocious."

salttee wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Except he was delusional, so you'd probably have more in common with him than I ever would :D

Yeah except not all of us were giving a shit about the narrative you were talking about. I was giving a shit about the blatant bad parenting and schooling that brought this kid into the world. No I don't think he committed a particularly unusual or severe offense. I think he's a smug punk that reminds us all of smug punks we've run into before. If the backlash forces the parents and school to stop creating dirtbags, GOOD.

If this wasn't for the magahats no one would be coming to their defense. It would be the same as every other story in which all the comments are on how shitty the parents must be. We see those news stories all the time.
情報

MaverickM11

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:26 am

flyguy89 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

*Shrug* ...We now return to the imaginary border crisis of violent, dirty, disease riddled illegals and terrorists funded by Soros leaving prayer rugs everywhere. :roll:
I don't take responsibility at all

Caryjack

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 am

Jouhou wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
salttee wrote:
O

P.S. When I encounter this very behavior in real life I see that rude behavior and see it as a free pass to be rude myself. So I'll shove them right out of the way making sure they understand it was deliberate. They don't expect ladies to fight back. I make sure they understand we will. Don't block or corner me in a threatening manner.

I'm quoting you because your's is currrently the last displayed message (at least to me) on this thread.
Here are two links that give a different view.
The 1st is by Scott Adams and runs from the 2 minute mark out to 16 minutes. The 2nd is a 3 minute video that shows events with audio captions.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkVnDERmxj

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/20/covi ... apologies/

I'll go along with Adams' conclusions (between the 14 and 15 minute points).

Thanks,
Cary

Caryjack

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 am

I'm guessing it's just *totally coincidental* that the Covington Catholic High School basketball team likes to use white supremacist hand gestures during their games.

At least now they aren't dressing in blackface during the games, unlike previously...

The Republican Party is a neo-confederate-enabling white supremacist movement.
Period, full stop.

CitizenJustin

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 pm

KICT wrote:
I'm guessing it's just *totally coincidental* that the Covington Catholic High School basketball team likes to use white supremacist hand gestures during their games.

At least now they aren't dressing in blackface during the games, unlike previously...

The Republican Party is a neo-confederate-enabling white supremacist movement.
Period, full stop.

That second picture is terrifying.

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Where was this guy indoctrinated?

BURLINGTON, Ky. — Former Covington Catholic basketball player Jacob Walter pinned a woman down Sunday and raped her until she bled, according to a news release from the Boone County Sheriff's Department.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/bo ... ape-sodomy

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:25 pm

And no, those pictures aren't photoshops. CVG.com, March 17, 2018:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 432354002/

DL717

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Jouhou wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Did you even watch the video posted above?

Do you approve of the teens mocking and yelling at the Native Americans?

Do you have any links to those "multiple sources" making the claims you cite? Why not post them?

https://www.facebook.com/ErnestTheIron/ ... 3NDA0NzU3/

https://www.facebook.com/FeelTheLiberty ... yNTI0NDEw/

The students were in DC participating in the March for Life as confirmed in multiple reports and the school's website...not to counter-protest the Women's March.

The whole point of the match for life is to protest women... Remember only the women are "murderers"

No, it was to protest abortion. Are we only allowed to have protests associated with liberal causes now? Nice.

CNN does a fine job of disputing the rest:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga- ... index.html
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

DL717

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 pm

KICT wrote:

Your lower photo is nowhere to be found in that link. Maybe you can provide a source as to why those kids are at a game wearing black when their school colors are blue. Further, the Catholic school is from Cincinnati and your lower picture shows a player from Clark County which is near Columbus. The only “Clark County” Ohio team I can find is the “Indians”, irony. So perhaps this was a state championship, fine, but I can find no record of the two teams playing. Maybe you have a source.
Last edited by DL717 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dtw2hyd

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:15 pm

I am deeply confused. Why did a veteran put himself in a difficult position and someone should teach the kid even if he is on the right side, that smug on his face doesn't help.
All posts are just opinions.

DL717

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:19 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
I am deeply confused. Why did a veteran put himself in a difficult position and someone should teach the kid even if he is on the right side, that smug on his face doesn't help.

The kid actually looks a little scared/nervous to be quite honest.

KICT

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 pm

DL717 wrote:
KICT wrote:

Your lower photo is nowhere to be found in that link. Maybe you can provide a source as to why those kids are at a game wearing black when their school colors are blue. Further, the Catholic school is from Cincinnati and your lower picture shows a player from Clark County which is near Columbus. The only “Clark County” Ohio team I can find is the “Indians”, irony. So perhaps this was a state championship, fine, but I can find no record of the two teams playing. Maybe you have a source.

Lol
http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-baske ... page4.html