seb146

Re: MAGA-Clad Teens Harass and Mock Native American Vet

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:11 am

The video is quick, but the same junior MAGA fan boys were also harassing others before the event everyone is talking about

https://wokesloth.com/video-maga-boys-h ... lsMQeFbIjI

Let's get all the facts before we rush to judgement, right MAGA fan boys?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:13 am

1989worstyear wrote:
Yeesh... I need to go have a listen to the song "Aenima" by Tool after reading all this.

Wrong city getting flushed away though.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:17 am

seb146 wrote:
The video is quick, but the same junior MAGA fan boys were also harassing others before the event everyone is talking about

I had seen a lot of internet chatter from people in DC having run ins with the group, felt it was a matter of time before more video popped up.

Like I was alluding to, their previous behavior seemed more misogynistic than anything but I couldn't cite random internet complaints, not that this crowd cares. But it did shape my feelings on these kids.

I'm pretty passionate about "women's" issues. I shaped my opinion on the plethora of women saying they had been yelled at/catcalled by this group in passing. Yes they are brats who need better parenting and better morals. In case you (you as in team maga, not seb) didn't notice I never took the same angle as the reporting.

KICT

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:51 am

flyguy89 wrote:
A bunch of teenagers doing the globally-popular haka sports chant to drown out the vile bigoted, racist, homophobic drivel the BHI were spewing...that's what pushes you over? To each their own I guess :spin:

That is correct. I am going to side with the US Marine veteran over some teenage dipsh*t in his underwear EVERY TIME.
People are saying. Believe me.

CitizenJustin

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 am

The entire video has been released and according to CNN the group of boys could not be heard using any hateful language. Everything can be heard other than what the boys are accused of saying. Nathans story is falling apart. I have no problem admitting that as a liberal and I’m disappointed in myself for automatically assuming their guilt. The Hebrew Israelites are the ones needing to be condemned here. They repeatedly used the N word and even threw in some homophobia by calling the boys “faggots”. Disgusting behavior on their part.

We’ve become so divided that we’re willing to believe anything that makes the other side look bad.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:45 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
The entire video has been released and according to CNN the group of boys could not be heard using any hateful language. Everything can be heard other than what the boys are accused of saying. Nathans story is falling apart. I have no problem admitting that as a liberal and I’m disappointed in myself for automatically assuming their guilt. The Hebrew Israelites are the ones needing to be condemned here. They repeatedly used the N word and even threw in some homophobia by calling the boys “faggots”. Disgusting behavior on their part.

We’ve become so divided that we’re willing to believe anything that makes the other side look bad.

The difference is the Hebrew Israelites are beyond redemption. The affluent teenagers can still be taught manners, humility, and respect for other humans. Their parents and educators need to take that responsibility seriously instead of running right into the arms of alt-right spin doctors like Jack Posobeic who will spin them into the victims. Which is exactly what happened here. The parents went straight to the right wing spin machine for aid.

It's now about shitty parents coddling their spoiled brats instead of saying "hey don't do that"

salttee

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 am

CitizenJustin wrote:

Sure Justin, go for it, spend your time railing against the fringe wackos; maybe you can get the Pope to issue a message of condemnation. That would really set them back I'm sure. As far as your analysis of the events that day, can you tell us about where the cell phones that did the recording were located? My guess is that they were located far enough from the kids that they wouldn't pick up much dialogue from them. And who do you think did this recording? The Israelites? The Native Americans? I would guess that the only people close enough to the conflict were the students and their chaperones, and we can be sure that any embarrassing recordings they made will never see the light of day. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I can't imagine what shell you've been living in that has kept you from having ever seen the smirk that Nick Sandman wore in Phillip's face. That smirk tells the whole story. And it's interesting that he chose to face off with a skinny 70 year old instead of the much younger and bulkier Israelite clowns. They were the ones who were calling him naughty things after all.

And please don't lay the "were so divided crap" on me; you're out of line with that nonsense. Go kiss up to the Trumpsters if you want to make amends with them, but don't throw rocks at me.

rivetremover

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 pm

salttee wrote:
rivetremover wrote:
You're the king of misrepresentation. Comprehension isn't your forte but let me give it an attempt here.

You are excusing the behavior of one group and not the other.

Engaging crazy people is not a crime and is not something that should be avoided. They are in the public space. Exercising your right to question their racist and homophobic behavior is wonderful.

Thank you professor.

I'm not "excusing" anything. I just explained reality to you and you failed to see it. I don't think you're playing dumb, I think you're for real. I suggest you spend the rest of the evening taking your children on a tour of the crappiest part of your town and siccing them on whatever disturbs them (or you).

Come back and tell us about it.

You said the isrealites are part of society and implied the MAGA guys weren't. Its as simple as that. The twists and turns you have to take in order to try to explain yourself is only making you look sillier than usual. But that's on you.

rivetremover

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Jouhou wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

The difference is the Hebrew Israelites are beyond redemption. The affluent teenagers can still be taught manners, humility, and respect for other humans. Their parents and educators need to take that responsibility seriously instead of running right into the arms of alt-right spin doctors like Jack Posobeic who will spin them into the victims. Which is exactly what happened here. The parents went straight to the right wing spin machine for aid.

It's now about shitty parents coddling their spoiled brats instead of saying "hey don't do that"

Yeah, those black people are just too far gone, right? "Its just what they do"

Amazing actually hearing someone say this.

Flighty

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:37 pm

So, is there any evidence that the MAGA hat wearing guys did something wrong? Just checking in.

casinterest

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Flighty wrote:
So, is there any evidence that the MAGA hat wearing guys did something wrong? Just checking in.

There were reports that they were chanting Bulld the wall, but at the end of the day it cannot be corroberated. So other than wearing the hat and shirt of a lying racist, and being kids mocking a dance. Nothing else.
Where ever you go, there you are.

sccutler

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Fascism at work. Shark, jumped.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Magog

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:15 pm

I'm a long time lurker on this forum, but this thread made me finally be more than a lurker.

In the face of the video evidence that has come out, the people still criticizing this kid are the personification of evil.

Let's take a step back for a second. Even before the facts came out, when everyone jumped on this kid, the only thing they knew is that he had committed the crime of........ smiling. And instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt for being a kid in an awkward situation, the anti-Trump crowd mercilessly attacked him and immediately set out to dox him.

And then the entirety of the video evidence came out. And it showed that the narrative the left was pushing was simply wrong. All wrong.

And yet a small minority on the left still wants to attacks this kid.

It disgusts me.

I am a liberal. But this is not what I ever signed up for. We are supposed to be better than this. Much better. We have failed this kid and we have failed ourselves.

FreequentFlier

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Magog wrote:
I'm a long time lurker on this forum, but this thread made me finally be more than a lurker.

In the face of the video evidence that has come out, the people still criticizing this kid are the personification of evil.

Let's take a step back for a second. Even before the facts came out, when everyone jumped on this kid, the only thing they knew is that he had committed the crime of........ smiling. And instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt for being a kid in an awkward situation, the anti-Trump crowd mercilessly attacked him and immediately set out to dox him.

And then the entirety of the video evidence came out. And it showed that the narrative the left was pushing was simply wrong. All wrong.

It disgusts me.

I am a liberal. But this is not what I ever signed up for. We are supposed to be better than this. Much better. We have failed this kid and we have failed ourselves.

Thank you. Seriously thank you. I am glad you took the time the post and very glad there are still genuine liberals out there like you.

FTMCPIUS

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:07 pm

seb146 wrote:

You certainly didn't get all the facts before you rushed to judgement (SIC). Nine posts before your on-the-air bible, CNN, finally came clean. (BTW, did you see the link on post # 103?) Doesn't seem to work when posted here so have to go to 103 -- please?

Your example reminds me of fighting penalties often called in football games. They are hardly ever called on the provocation but, rather, on the retaliation. That is most likely what we have here.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 pm

rivetremover wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

Either you don't know what these guys are via a simple Google search or you're just trying to stir the pot.
Wikipedia
In late 2008, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) described as black supremacist what it called "the extremist fringe of the Hebrew Israelite movement". It wrote that the members of such groups "believe that Jews are devilish impostors and ... openly condemn whites as evil personified, deserving only death or slavery". The SPLC also said that "most Hebrew Israelites are neither explicitly racist nor anti-Semitic and do not advocate violence".[61]

The Black Hebrew groups characterized as black supremacist by the SPLC include the Nation of Yahweh[62] and the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ.[61] Also, the Anti-Defamation League has written that the "12 Tribes of Israel" website, maintained by a Black Hebrew group, promotes black supremacy.[63]

A 1999 FBI terrorism risk assessment report stated that "violent radical fringe members" of the Black Hebrew Israelite movement hold "beliefs [that] bear a striking resemblance to the Christian Identity theology practiced by many white supremacists."[64][65] It also said that "the overwhelming majority of [Black Hebrew Israelites] are unlikely to engage in violence."[64]

They aren't the types that can be reasoned with.
Last edited by Jouhou on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:33 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
Magog wrote:

It disgusts me.

Thank you. Seriously thank you. I am glad you took the time the post and very glad there are still genuine liberals out there like you.

And I've never been that liberal, Trump supporters just call me that because I don't like Trump. Also Wtf no one here ever supported doxxing.

Also, do I need to describe smiling vs a "smirk"? A friendly smile involves contracting the muscles that run radially around the eyes. A smirk, sneer, or similar look of condescension involve a lopsided "smile" with no action from the eye muscles, and possibly a hard to describe movement of the nose to convey contempt and disgust. . It's ridiculous I have to explain that.
Last edited by Jouhou on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm

rivetremover wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

*Shrug* what would you say the Westboro kooks do?

rivetremover wrote:
salttee wrote:
mham001 wrote:

That in the face of racist and religious taunts while waiting for a bus, this high school junior held his own without violence? Waiting for the damned bus. "Little Nick Sandman" is more of a man than you.

The religious nutcases were just part of the flora and fauna of Washington DC or any big city at various times. The kids chose to engage with them and their chaperones allowed it. The kids may have been burning up excess time from their schedule, but they weren't waiting for a bus when they engaged with the wack job "Hebrew Israelite's.

One has to wonder, if the chaperones would have seen a dog foaming at the mouth, would they have sent the kids over to pet it? (or more likely throw rocks at it).

So you can spout racist and bigoted things at complete strangers as long as you're "part of the culture of the city" but as soon as some "outsiders" participate they're the real bad people.

Sounds reasonable.

Sounds like your average Milo & Ben speaking engagement :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

flyguy89

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm

KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
A bunch of teenagers doing the globally-popular haka sports chant to drown out the vile bigoted, racist, homophobic drivel the BHI were spewing...that's what pushes you over? To each their own I guess :spin:

That is correct. I am going to side with the US Marine veteran over some teenage dipsh*t in his underwear EVERY TIME.

Yes yes, we get it. You were wrong, you're doubling down on being wrong. Thoughts and prayers.

salttee wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

Sure Justin, go for it, spend your time railing against the fringe wackos; maybe you can get the Pope to issue a message of condemnation. That would really set them back I'm sure. As far as your analysis of the events that day, can you tell us about where the cell phones that did the recording were located? My guess is that they were located far enough from the kids that they wouldn't pick up much dialogue from them. And who do you think did this recording? The Israelites? The Native Americans? I would guess that the only people close enough to the conflict were the students and their chaperones, and we can be sure that any embarrassing recordings they made will never see the light of day. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I can't imagine what shell you've been living in that has kept you from having ever seen the smirk that Nick Sandman wore in Phillip's face. That smirk tells the whole story. And it's interesting that he chose to face off with a skinny 70 year old instead of the much younger and bulkier Israelite clowns. They were the ones who were calling him naughty things after all.

And please don't lay the "were so divided crap" on me; you're out of line with that nonsense. Go kiss up to the Trumpsters if you want to make amends with them, but don't throw rocks at me.

Your "guess" is irrelevant since the video is out there for all to see. Just because you're so incurious that you won't watch any of it and are so beholden to what you wished had happened doesn't negate objective reality. Again, I'm deeply sorry that what actually happened wasn't what you wished had happened.

mham001

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:26 pm

Jouhou wrote:

So exactly what the hell does that mean? That we accept their hate speech as acceptable and free from criticism while simultaneously slamming a kid whose smile, during a tense situation because of that hate speech, you dislike?

You talk too much but nothing useful to say. Welcome to my ignore list.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 pm

mham001 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

So exactly what the hell does that mean? That we accept their hate speech as acceptable and free from criticism while simultaneously slamming a kid whose smile, during a tense situation because of that hate speech, you dislike?

You talk too much but nothing useful to say. Welcome to my ignore list.

Because it's not a smile, as I described for people who can't read facial expressions. And x-supremacist cults can't be reprogrammed by regular people. Kids on the other hand can still be corrected by parents. I'm pretty much on your ignore list already considering you don't read 90% of what I say and proceed to claim I wasn't clear enough.

slider

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm

KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Let's unpack that comment, shall we?

Nathan Phillips was born in Ypsilanti, MI 2/22/1955. That makes him 64 years of age, almost 65. The US began sending military combat troops to Vietnam 1965. Mr. Phillips was 10 years old in 1965. The US military draft ended on December 7, 1972. Mr. Phillips was then 17 years old when the draft ended, making him 18 when the war in Vietnam ended. The last combat troops exited Vietnam in March 1973. History contradicts his claims entirely.

In a 2000 article he said he was a Vietnam vet, a Marine. Then in a 2018 Vogue article he says he was a “recon ranger” in the Army. He also claims to be part of a Regiment that didn't even exist until 1984—an entire 11 year span after the last troops were withdrawn from Vietnam. Does he have a SE Asia campaign ribbon?

I’d normally politely say that his claims strain credulity, but in this case, I’ll just overtly say he’s full of shit. Produce a DD-214.

Throw in his history of being a race-baiting "activist" and this is one man whose integrity is in question. He was the one who provoked a teenage kid who did nothing to him, didn't respond or provoke, and you're siding with the provocateur. Shame on you, sir.

seb146

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:42 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You certainly didn't get all the facts before you rushed to judgement (SIC). Nine posts before your on-the-air bible, CNN, finally came clean. (BTW, did you see the link on post # 103?) Doesn't seem to work when posted here so have to go to 103 -- please?

oh, dear.... a tiny snippet is posted, opinions are made based on said snippet, a longer version is posted and opinions change just a tad. It's the end of the world!

BTW, how many times do I need to remind you that your dear orange leader keeps proclaiming CNN as fake? So that you MAGA fan boys line up behind the CNN report just shows how easy you all are to manipulate. CNN is fake one day and trustworthy the next.

You can change your opinions but no one else can? Maybe you should go to your local public college or university and take a critical thinking course.

In the mean time, I will stand by my opinion that the junior MAGA fan boys were there to simply stir the pot and that those who wear MAGA gear are low information voters and some are even team MAGA only for the skin color.

seb146

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:52 pm

slider wrote:
KICT wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Nathan Phillips was born in Ypsilanti, MI 2/22/1955. That makes him 64 years of age, almost 65. The US began sending military combat troops to Vietnam 1965. Mr. Phillips was 10 years old in 1965. The US military draft ended on December 7, 1972. Mr. Phillips was then 17 years old when the draft ended, making him 18 when the war in Vietnam ended. The last combat troops exited Vietnam in March 1973. History contradicts his claims entirely.

In a 2000 article he said he was a Vietnam vet, a Marine. Then in a 2018 Vogue article he says he was a “recon ranger” in the Army. He also claims to be part of a Regiment that didn't even exist until 1984—an entire 11 year span after the last troops were withdrawn from Vietnam. Does he have a SE Asia campaign ribbon?

I’d normally politely say that his claims strain credulity, but in this case, I’ll just overtly say he’s full of shit. Produce a DD-214.

Throw in his history of being a race-baiting "activist" and this is one man whose integrity is in question. He was the one who provoked a teenage kid who did nothing to him, didn't respond or provoke, and you're siding with the provocateur. Shame on you, sir.

He was born in Nebraska in 1954. He could have joined the Marines of his own accord to avoid being sent to Vietnam. My father joined the Army to avoid seeing combat. He says he is a "Vietnam ERA vet" and not a "Vietnam vet".

Natives in this country have been the subject of horrible laws and slaughters and the bad end of awful treaties.

CitizenJustin

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 pm

salttee wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

I grew up gay and biracial in Kansas, so whatever shell I had was removed almost immediately. I’ve personally witnessed that smirk right before being physically assaulted and I’ve been called every racist/homophobic slur in the book. I’ve been spat on, denied employment, sexually assaulted and told I’m going to hell so many times I’ve lost count. I’ve likely experienced more hatred and discrimination in my relatively short life than most here.

You’ve responded to several of my posts/comments and know where I stand on things, so I’m really taken back by your response. You’re assuming I’ve lived a sheltered life simply because I acknowledge that the original story is incorrect. This is very offensive and hurtful considering the extreme adversity I and other LGBT face daily.

You’re clearly upset, but I'm not the enemy here. When you begin accusing people who belong to one of the most discriminated groups on earth of being sheltered, it’s time to take a step back.

slider

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
In the mean time, I will stand by my opinion that the junior MAGA fan boys were there to simply stir the pot and that those who wear MAGA gear are low information voters and some are even team MAGA only for the skin color.

Eh, your prerogative to remain wrong. Or willfully ignorant.

The only "crime" these kids were "guilty" of is participating in a pro-life march and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh, and here's a video of the Black Israelites, like the ones who harangued those kids, from 2016. Charming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhqB_wjOI5M

slider

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:10 pm

seb146 wrote:
slider wrote:
KICT wrote:

He was born in Nebraska in 1954. He could have joined the Marines of his own accord to avoid being sent to Vietnam. My father joined the Army to avoid seeing combat. He says he is a "Vietnam ERA vet" and not a "Vietnam vet".

Natives in this country have been the subject of horrible laws and slaughters and the bad end of awful treaties.

His reported DOB is 2/22/55. And nope, he claimed to be in theater. And has mixed and matched even his branches of service. Either he's senile or stupid. Don't be fatuous.

And the history of native americans has NOTHING to do with this event. ZERO.

casinterest

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 pm

slider wrote:
seb146 wrote:
slider wrote:

His reported DOB is 2/22/55. And nope, he claimed to be in theater. And has mixed and matched even his branches of service. Either he's senile or stupid. Don't be fatuous.

And the history of native americans has NOTHING to do with this event. ZERO.

Well technically his being a Vietnam veteran vs a Vietnam-era vet has little to do with this issue either, but now the outrage is out there.

The originally linked story calls him a Vietnam vet
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -hats.html
but the linked source is in the below article, which calls him a vietnam-era vet. .

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday ... vT0L-JOig/
This source is edited, but I don't know if the original article had him as otherwise.

Has he claimed in other sources that he is a Vietnam veteran?
Where ever you go, there you are.

Magog

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:32 pm

casinterest wrote:

CNN quotes him twice in this article: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/natha ... index.html

FTMCPIUS

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:44 pm

seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

oh, dear.... a tiny snippet is posted, opinions are made based on said snippet, a longer version is posted and opinions change just a tad. It's the end of the world!

BTW, how many times do I need to remind you that your dear orange leader keeps proclaiming CNN as fake? So that you MAGA fan boys line up behind the CNN report just shows how easy you all are to manipulate. CNN is fake one day and trustworthy the next.

You can change your opinions but no one else can? Maybe you should go to your local public college or university and take a critical thinking course.

Nice to know it's there when you need it, though, huh? In the mean time (SIC) there a lot of people who wear MAGA hats and have an IQ higher than 143. How many low-information voters do you think there are in your party? Bet there are more in D.

stl07

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:47 pm

Honestly, this whole thing seems like a non-issue, was the boy maybe acting like an ass, sure, but this doesn't seem to be something worthy of national news, there are asses everywhere
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

slider

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:

CNN quotes him twice in this article: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/natha ... index.html

God, that interview is so full of shit! Yes, he does say "And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this.""...

But such pablum and humble-brag BS in that it's ridiculous. And he mischaracterizes (OK, lies) several times as well about what happened that are contravened by actual video footage.

This guy is a professional agitator and SJW. He doesn't help the cause of native americans by acting like a self-aggrandizing toolbag.

DarkSnowyNight

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:
In the mean time (SIC) there a lot of people who wear MAGA hats and have an IQ higher than 143.

No such Venn Diagram exists. In fact, you could park a table full of fast food between the circles on that one.

There's a reason you people hate education.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

Tugger

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 pm

stl07 wrote:
Honestly, this whole thing seems like a non-issue, was the boy maybe acting like an ass, sure, but this doesn't seem to be something worthy of national news, there are asses everywhere

It is a non-issue. But we are in the days of non issues meaning everything! Just look at social media, look at this board, we love taking soemthign small and relatively unknown, for which we have VERY limited data, and extrapolating everything we disagree with (or agree with) out if it. We makeup things and build things to a point that we hate a person, or can unequivocally categorize a person specifically.

Even though we really know very little if nothing about the person, the reality of the situation when an even occurred, we will just make it up to fit whatever narrative we wish. I really hate what we do in our country right now. We don't look for solutions or what binds us or have in common. We want to attack. We want to hate. "We" are good, "they" are bad. We want to segregate: Them vs Us.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

NoTime

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:43 am

I try not to wade into this mess very much any more, but this is pretty outrageous. We had journalists and celebrities inciting violence against these KIDS, all because of yet more fake news. And, when the news was shown to be fake, many hung onto their hatred with attempts to justify their feelings because of the way this kid was smirking. Are you freaking kidding me? What exactly was he supposed to do?

Orwell would probably be amazed that he nailed our future so accurately. - "In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face... was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called."

This has been an absolutely pathetic display by so many people on the left... they should be ashamed.

I don't expect Twitter and other networks to actually enforce their ToS when it comes to unhinged leftists calling for violence but, luckily, Kentucky lawmakers are apparently preparing to prosecute anyone that called for violence against these kids or their school.

FTMCPIUS

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
In the mean time (SIC) there a lot of people who wear MAGA hats and have an IQ higher than 143.

No such Venn Diagram exists. In fact, you could park a table full of fast food between the circles on that one.

There's a reason you people hate education.

Seb has a high IQ and should know it's a single word. BTW, who are "you people?"

trpmb6

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 am

Tugger wrote:
stl07 wrote:

It is a non-issue. But we are in the days of non issues meaning everything! Just look at social media, look at this board, we love taking soemthign small and relatively unknown, for which we have VERY limited data, and extrapolating everything we disagree with (or agree with) out if it. We makeup things and build things to a point that we hate a person, or can unequivocally categorize a person specifically.

Even though we really know very little if nothing about the person, the reality of the situation when an even occurred, we will just make it up to fit whatever narrative we wish. I really hate what we do in our country right now. We don't look for solutions or what binds us or have in common. We want to attack. We want to hate. "We" are good, "they" are bad. We want to segregate: Them vs Us.

Tugg

Sadly, history shows us that this repeats. We must always have something to justify governance. Without something outwards to unify us, we go inwards and divide ourselves. And sometimes even a common enemy isn't enough to unify. I've characterized this better in other posts, but I do think the framers believed this as well - framing the constitution in the way they did to mitigate it as much as possible.

ImperialEagle

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 am

As usual, all this SJW hysteria begins with the totally corrupt Liberal Mainstream Media.
So far this month we have had FOUR huge FAKE NEWS fires burning:

From Breitbart:
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... s-of-2019/

And, as Slider pointed out, Phillips the activist wasn't in the Vietnam War. :

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... o-vietnam/

(But could be somehow related to Elizabeth "Fauxcohantas" Warren?) ;)
What's even crazier is that WAPO (the lefts bastion of fake news) made a correction. They must be feeling some heat.

So then the liberal "useful idiots" threaten the school and students!
From One America News:
https://www.oann.com/pres-trump-respond ... -by-media/
This is why we need to train and arm the teachers. Not close the schools.
Even the Jewish Press ran an insightful op/ed:
https://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/muqat ... 019/01/22/

The thing is, when these LMSM fake news stories explode on the media, you have to wait a while for the REAL story to come out. Jumping to conclusions is why the liberal useful idiots who flew into a tizzy in earlier posts look like the fools they are and are scrambling for some excuse, any excuse to explain their blatant stupidity. Yeah, it's the usual ones.
The LMSM should be held criminally responsible when they pump out antagonistic lies to incite violence, incivility and lawlessness by their useful idiots.
They are no longer journalists,( Dan Rather killed that off), instead we have networks of activists who bombard the masses with their twisted liberal agenda's.
Last edited by ImperialEagle on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

seb146

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 am

slider wrote:
God, that interview is so full of shit! Yes, he does say "And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this.""...

But such pablum and humble-brag BS in that it's ridiculous. And he mischaracterizes (OK, lies) several times as well about what happened that are contravened by actual video footage.

This guy is a professional agitator and SJW. He doesn't help the cause of native americans by acting like a self-aggrandizing toolbag.

So you are a-okay with MAGA hatted teens acting like jerks toward Native Americans and veterans. Good to know.

Vietnam vet vs. Vietnam era vet only matters to those splitting hairs. Either way, it shows how much the MAGA fan boys hate veterans.

seb146

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 am

And now the connection to the Senate Majority Leader

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellect ... 5SHZ2j1vo0

The advisor to Sen. McConnell heads a PR firm who was hired by the leader of the junior MAGA fan boys to spin this their way. But it will just be another non-story to pick on and bully MAGA fan boys.....

Magog

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 am

seb146 wrote:
So you are a-okay with MAGA hatted teens acting like jerks toward Native Americans and veterans. Good to know.

Vietnam vet vs. Vietnam era vet only matters to those splitting hairs. Either way, it shows how much the MAGA fan boys hate veterans.

From one liberal to another: Stop. Just stop.

These kids were taunted by one group and then approached, for no apparent reason, by a guy who lies about his military service. If lying is NOT okay in regard to Trump, it’s NOT okay when someone on the left does it. If you have a double standard you don’t actually have a standard.

These kids aren’t able to go to school because of death threats. Enough is enough.

The smiling kid's name, face, and family background are likely going to be associated with this "incident" for the rest of his life. How is that remotely proportionate? He'll probably be fine, but this entire online outrage system is totally divorced from any notion of fairness.

Trump feeds on these cheap culture war episodes, because his primary conception of the presidency is as a platform for his punditry. It's a vicious, tedious cycle that social media has launched into overdrive. It’s also a distraction from the issues that matter most. When people talk about this incident, they aren’t talking about the shutdown, health care, middle class shrinkage, etc. Those are the issues that sway the independent vote in 2020, not bashing kids because of their hat choice.

DL717

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 am

Magog wrote:

It disgusts me.

Many on the left will not be happy until the lives of anyone who disagrees with them is completely wrecked. Case in point. The kids images have been posted all over the internet with people demanding they have their college acceptances revoked. This behavior is disgusting. I’ve even seen posts suggesting these kids, all minors, should be punched in the face. Utterly repulsive.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

trpmb6

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:42 am

seb146 wrote:
And now the connection to the Senate Majority Leader

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellect ... 5SHZ2j1vo0

The advisor to Sen. McConnell heads a PR firm who was hired by the leader of the junior MAGA fan boys to spin this their way. But it will just be another non-story to pick on and bully MAGA fan boys.....

Hardly surprising to be honest. From the same state. Probably not many sizable PR firms that can deal with national media. Probably approached the kids family pro bono. Not some alex jones conspiracy theory here.

seb146

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 am

DL717 wrote:
Magog wrote:

It disgusts me.

Many on the left will not be happy until the lives of anyone who disagrees with them is completely wrecked. Case in point. The kids images have been posted all over the internet with people demanding they have their college acceptances revoked. This behavior is disgusting. I’ve even seen posts suggesting these kids, all minors, should be punched in the face. Utterly repulsive.

So calling out this kind of disgusting hate is wrong. That is what you are saying. Violence is wrong too. MAGA fan boys beating LGBTQ people is wrong.

BTW, where was all this concern for the children after Sandy Hook or Columbine or Parkland?

Magog

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Magog wrote:

It disgusts me.

So calling out this kind of disgusting hate is wrong. That is what you are saying. Violence is wrong too. MAGA fan boys beating LGBTQ people is wrong.

BTW, where was all this concern for the children after Sandy Hook or Columbine or Parkland?

The only disgusting hate was hate that was directed at these kids by the Israelites. But you aren’t calling out that hate. Remember what I said about a double standard? It means that you don’t have a standard. And these boys didn’t beat any LGBTQ people, so just drop that absurdity.

The incident has the potential, in a way not that different from the Colin Kaepernick-instigated NFL kneeling protest saga, to serve as an ongoing culture war cudgel for President Trump. Trump may be able to utilize the cudgel for a long time to come. You are playing right into Trump’s hands.

Rather than demonize a kid for the offense of smiling, I’d like to focus on what we, as liberals, actually have to offer. That’s where we can always beat Trump. The air smells a lot better when you come out of the gutter.

Kids can be stupid. When they are stupid we should love and teach them. We are supposed to be the adults.

alfa164
Topic Author

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 am

ImperialEagle wrote:
How typical of Crasinterest to miss the part about the Black Israelites yelling the racist slurs. ;)

...none of which has anything to do with how the privileged, indoctrinated students treated a Native American veteran (who, many seem to have overlooked, was part of an Indigenous Peoples march, which had been approved by permit on that date). Forget the outrageous Black Israelites - they should never be taken seriously - but focus on the attitudes of the kids and their actions.

Rosalind Wiseman wrote a particularly apropos commentary, directed to the school:

"Dear Covington Catholic community:

We know there are many wonderful children who attend your school and this one incident does not reflect every individual in your community. But it is also true that your students mocked an elderly Vietnam veteran while the supervising adults allowed them to represent your school wearing MAGA hats. Is this not a moment to examine your school’s goals and values for how you send an all-male group of students to participate in March for Life, an event that should by all accounts recognize the importance of treating all people with dignity, especially those with whom you disagree? As it is, the image of young men protesting against women’s reproductive rights, coupled with their MAGA mobbing of an elderly Native American man, only looks like young men wanting to dominate people who have historically had less power.

I am sure you want your students to be more than that.

This is your moment to show the country what educators and parents do for young people. This is your moment to show children that they aren’t only “ours” when they bring home trophies. They are ours when they make mistakes. This is your moment to teach boys that the right to express themselves is not as important as treating all people with respect, that political disagreement does not give them the right to disparage and ridicule others.

To the school’s leaders: Ignore the ugliest of the online commentary and focus on your boys. Go to Mr. Phillips and apologize on the boys’ behalf. When you return, stand in front of them at a schoolwide assembly and share what that experience was like and how you see yourselves as their spiritual and educational leaders. Show them what ethical leadership looks like in action.

After that, examine what about Covington’s environment may have led to this moment. If it is as it appears, that Covington has an overwhelmingly or entirely white faculty, you are sending a powerful message to your students about who deserves respect and who doesn’t. This is not being politically correct. It is about whether your students’ education includes seeing people who don’t look like them in positions of authority and respect. If the institution doesn’t have women and people of color in positions of authority, then the message is clear: They don’t matter. When the students are out in the world, their actions will reflect what they have been taught.

Please see this moment for what it is ― a time to guide these young men through the process of personal accountability and steer them toward acting with civility and honor. This is an opportunity for your community to honestly face how these young men were allowed to conduct themselves in a public space in a manner so disrespectful to others and so clearly against the stated mission and values of your school. It is not a time to close off and grow defensive or dismiss the boys’ actions. It is a time to remember that guiding these boys through this is where your leadership matters the most.

I know you want these young men to graduate and contribute to the world, to leave it better than when they came in. You want them to be a credit to your institution and your community. So use this experience to teach them how to help repair the world we all share.

Have these courageous conversations. Let everyone in the country see that Covington Catholic is a school community that does what’s right ― even when it is hard."

Can anyone disagree with that? These kids are on the verge of growing up - physically, at least - and someone needs to prepare them to be good citizens. Based on their attitudes, that may not be easy.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

WarRI1

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:00 am

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

What hate? The hate being spewed at these kids? I hope so, or you’re a fraud.

Come on, let us be rational, this This man in the White House is the Chief purveyor of Hate and lies these days. The boys are a product of that hate mongering. As I said earlier, beware the hidden Red Necks, we thought we were through with class hatred, social hatred, racial hatred, religious hatred, take a look, see how this Moron and Fox News have split this country back 50 years. We had have had the Hoods and the nooses, now we have the Red Hats as a symbol of all that same BS. We see other symbols such as the Nazi salute also showing up. Who can we blame this on??? Gee, I know who.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Magog

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:11 am

WarRI1 wrote:

Come on, let us be rational, this This man in the White House is the Chief purveyor of Hate and lies these days. The boys are a product of that hate mongering. As I said earlier, beware the hidden Red Necks, we thought we were through with class hatred, social hatred, racial hatred, religious hatred, take a look, see how this Moron and Fox News have split this country back 50 years. We had have had the Hoods and the nooses, now we have the Red Hats as a symbol of all that same BS. We see other symbols such as the Nazi salute also showing up. Who can we blame this on??? Gee, I know who.

Don’t you think that we, as liberals, need to look in the mirror here? By demonizing a kid for the crime of smiling before we knew the facts, and excusing the bona fide hate from the Black Israelites, aren’t we guilty of hate too? Why are we giving Trump ammunition? He needs to be stopped. Demonizing dopey kids distracts us from the issues that will give us a win in 2020. Nobody is talking about the shutdown right now. Trump must LOVE that. I don’t.

WarRI1

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:38 am

Nobody is talking about the shutdown right now. Trump must LOVE that. I don’t.

Trust me, the Shutdown is number one, this is a side story, a flash in the pan. These boys were inserted into a situation by adults who should have known better. A Catholic Priest said so on the National News today. I agree with him, where were the Chaperones? Remember the hats, now a symbol of something I do not like one bit. They were brought along and out intentionally. In your face. A price to pay for improper actions. We will see how the school handles it and the Diocese. In reality, they caused it.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Tugger

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 am

In this story while I don't know who is what, I do tend to lean toward people that talk about what they were thinking,what they were doing, and not telling what others were thinking, what others intent was, what others reasons for doing whatever they were doing was.

Both can be a lie but truth is we can never actually know what another is thinking, so another person saying what another person is thinking/doing is one more step away versus ones own statement about themselves.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin