Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: MAGA-Clad Teens Harass and Mock Native American Vet

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So calling out this kind of disgusting hate is wrong. That is what you are saying. Violence is wrong too. MAGA fan boys beating LGBTQ people is wrong.

BTW, where was all this concern for the children after Sandy Hook or Columbine or Parkland?

What hate? The hate being spewed at these kids? I hope so, or you’re a fraud.

Come on, let us be rational, this This man in the White House is the Chief purveyor of Hate and lies these days. The boys are a product of that hate mongering. As I said earlier, beware the hidden Red Necks, we thought we were through with class hatred, social hatred, racial hatred, religious hatred, take a look, see how this Moron and Fox News have split this country back 50 years. We had have had the Hoods and the nooses, now we have the Red Hats as a symbol of all that same BS. We see other symbols such as the Nazi salute also showing up. Who can we blame this on??? Gee, I know who.

C'mon, War... Rednecks and red hats are two completely different things. Many rednecks are fine, upstanding folk who understand that people just want to be treated with respect. Red hat wearing people are just plain racist.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

DIRECTFLT

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 am

"Vietnam Vet" error now corrected by the Washington Post

That takes some steam out of the manufactured outrage for the Political Activist hiding behind a drum...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... o-vietnam/

The Catholic HS students are guilty of nothing but interacting with those that targeted and taunted them.
They are innocent with what happened on the steps of the Abraham Lincoln (R) Monument.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Jouhou

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
"Vietnam Vet" error now corrected by the Washington Post

That takes some steam out of the manufactured outrage for the Political Activist hiding behind a drum...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... o-vietnam/

The Catholic HS students are guilty of nothing but interacting with those that targeted and taunted them.
They are innocent with what happened on the steps of the Abraham Lincoln (R) Monument.

Hey did you know that Andrew Breitbart helped found the Huffington Post?

They exist to profit off of the partisan fighting they help propagate. I want you to go visit huffpo, look at it, and think about that the next time you go to breitbart for news. They're in bed with the libs while huffpo is in bed with the cons.

Anyways, you're still arguing a very different case from what most of us are discussing.
情報

ltbewr

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:30 pm

This was one of those 'perfect storm' circumstances that sometimes happen. The MAGA hats trigger a lot of emotions and growing amounts of confrontation. They are seen by some as offensive as the Confederate Battle Flag, a Nazi swastika or the white hoods worn by the KKK.

The small part of the larger school group chose by immaturity or the way they were raised by their parents to wear MAGA hats and were not ready to 'turn their cheek' as Jesus supposedly taught when faced with confrontation. These teen males probably never faced challenges to their views as they did by the 'Black Israelites' and reacted as teen males will do, confronting right back. A protester as to Indigenous Person rights, chose to confront them too. Consider that the partial government shutdown under Pres. Trump is cutting off vital services from medical to law enforcement on Indian Reservations as funds are not available.

I also suspect that the teens from the school didn't go so much to protest Abortion but were taking advantage of a few days off from school, a road trip and maybe extra credit for participating. I hope that in the future instead of a road trip to DC, maybe do local projects to help people in their communities like with Habitat for Humanity, projects and trips some private schools do today. As this was a school sponsored trip, all rules as to appearance, clothing bans on non-school hats should have been in effect as if on school property or at an athletic event and likely would have reduced the risks of the initial conflict.

An article posted above suggests that this should be a teachable moment at the school, but it should also be one for all Americans to tone down the rhetoric of our times that is splintering us.

Dieuwer

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:19 pm

"When one side goes low, the other side goes lower"

slider

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Oh!! And lookie here! More facts emerge about the fraudulent Nathan Phillips...

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... rine-91038

Turns out they tried to disrupt a Mass at the Basilica. Are you kidding me? A known agitator, liar, and a man hardly worth respect. Meanwhile, the left denigrates vets as deplorables but wraps this guy in the flag. Despicable. Phillips is a fraud, should have been arrested for disturbing the peace.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 pm

NBC’s Savannah Guthrie to Covington’s Sandmann: ‘Do You Think If You Weren’t Wearing That Hat This Might Not Have Happened?’

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/01 ... -happened/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_Ze2VqZ3Q

Imagine if the situation were reversed, and a Fox News host, such as Laura Ingraham, put the question to a HS student "Do you think if you weren't wearing that (pink p) hat that this might not have happened?" ... in reference to some dust up with a conservative "Nathan Phillips." That is, if the Left would even allow one of theirs to be interviewed by Fox. Now that Sandmann has done the LSM, it's "okay" for him to do the other side now. And I think he should.

As to what Mr. Phillips might say about why he came up to Sandmann, he'll just lie through his teeth (which is 2nd nature to a Liberal) and say "It had NOTHING to do with the fact that the kid had a MAGA hat on?"
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

alfa164
Topic Author

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 pm

slider wrote:
Oh!! And lookie here! More facts emerge about the fraudulent Nathan Phillips...
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... rine-91038
Turns out they tried to disrupt a Mass at the Basilica..

I wouldn't look at the "Catholic News Agency" as a totally unbiased source. ;) And even they suggest it was not an normal, religious mass; it was part of the anti-abortion protest march scheduled that day. This so-called "mass" was a part of the political game they were playing: “We had hundreds and hundreds of people from all over the country come here to celebrate life..." Indeed, using a church - much less a "mass" - to promote a political agenda only invites a counter-voice.

slider wrote:
A known agitator, liar, and a man hardly worth respect. Meanwhile, the left denigrates vets as deplorables but wraps this guy in the flag. Despicable. Phillips is a fraud, should have been arrested for disturbing the peace.

I have never heard anyone denigrate vets as "deplorable" since the Vietnam War; I did note that ignorant Trump supporters were described that way during the election. Your selective outrage fails to note that, "The shrine’s spokeswoman would not confirm or deny that the group attempted to enter the Mass. She told CNA that “a group did assemble on Saturday evening outside the the shrine” and that they “left without incident.”. I don't see any "disturbing the peace" charges there.

And - as if does any good to remind people - it would help if you could actually concentrate on the topic: the teens interaction with the Native American group. All the attempts to divert attention from that smacks of desperation.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

jetmechanicdave
Head Support

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Please keep on topic...thanks guys.
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator

Dieuwer

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Looks like there were several groups "protesting" in Washington that day. The kid was part of the anti-abortion "March for Life", Mr. Phillips was part of the Indigenous Peoples March.
Not quite sure how they ended up next to eachother, but it always surprises me why people cannot be respectful to eachother, marching or not. Americans seems to have an impossible-to-resist urge to immediately start screaming at eachother, or toss hateful slurs at eachother.

atcsundevil

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:51 pm

If the comments can't stay on topic, then it will be locked. This is the last warning.

✈️ atcsundevil

Magog

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Covington Catholic and affiliated schools have been closed indefinitely due to threats of violence against schoolchildren. All because a kid was captured on camera smirking. Whatever your views, if you can't recognize the fundamental absurdity of this situation, perhaps it’s time to re-assess.

alfa164
Topic Author

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Magog wrote:
Covington Catholic and affiliated schools have been closed indefinitely due to threats of violence against schoolchildren. All because a kid was captured on camera smirking. Whatever your views, if you can't recognize the fundamental absurdity of this situation, perhaps it’s time to re-assess.

I cannot disagree. At the same time, the school itself might consider some deep thinking about its role in the situation. As one article quoted:

"A parent at a neighboring Catholic school, Michael Schwartz, recalled his frustration when his son’s school printed his name, even though his son had decided not to attend. “The peer group pressure on these kids is enormous,” Mr. Schwartz said. “I feel the diocese should not be putting these kids in what has become potentially more contentious situations, as the inevitable protests to these ‘Right to Life’ marches increase.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-viral-video-families-of-covington-are-swiftly-circling-to-protect-their-boys/ar-BBSzfMh?li=BBnbcA1

Churches and politics are not a healthy mix.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

mham001

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:32 pm

alfa164 wrote:
.Churches and politics are not a healthy mix.

One can say the same about business and politics. But when politics infringes on a core value, are you saying that they should just slink away with their tail between their legs? That won't fly. It certainly doesn't with the "anti-fascists", does it? BTW, their violence is conveniently forgotten now because some don't like this kids smile. Oh, the irony.

salttee

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:51 pm

mham001 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
.Churches and politics are not a healthy mix.

One can say the same about business and politics. But when politics infringes on a core value, are you saying that they should just slink away with their tail between their legs? That won't fly. It certainly doesn't with the "anti-fascists", does it? BTW, their violence is conveniently forgotten now because some don't like this kids smile. Oh, the irony.

You think the kid was "smiling"?

LOL!

This is hilarious, The right wing narrative is that Phillips walked right up to a smiling kid!

And up is down.

OA412

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Since the personal attacks keep on coming, this thread is now locked.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West