scbriml

Re: Brexit part 5:Bye England! See you soon Scotland ?

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 am

Richard28 wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
4.7 billion to the EU.

that is disgusting, how much we waste.

0.7% !!!! for access ot the worlds biggest single market, customs union, Free trade agreements with Mexico, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Canada.... etc etc

For goodness sake don't tell noviorbis77 what our total contribution was, he might have a breakdown. :rotfl:

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk ... y/CBP-7886
In 2017 the UK made an estimated gross contribution (after the rebate) of £13.0 billion. The UK received £4.1 billion of public sector receipts from the EU, so the UK’s net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.9 billion.

But yes, in the big scheme of things, it's small beer.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Richard28

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:10 pm

I've just been to a supermarket... £6.00 for passport style photo, then to the post office, £5.50 for an International Driving Permit for forthcoming holiday (I'm in France on April 12th so need this as a contingency in case of Hard Brexit). Another person beside me at the post office was doing exactly the same thing.

So all told £11.50 for something which is a bureaucratic bit of nonsense and is my legal right whilst in the EU.

Have also just had my green card from car insurance sent through the post, which was previously not necessary.

Welcome to the world of red tape and higher costs, welcome to Brexit UK.

Klaus

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Richard28 wrote:
I've just been to a supermarket... £6.00 for passport style photo, then to the post office, £5.50 for an International Driving Permit for forthcoming holiday (I'm in France on April 12th so need this as a contingency in case of Hard Brexit). Another person beside me at the post office was doing exactly the same thing.

So all told £11.50 for something which is a bureaucratic bit of nonsense and is my legal right whilst in the EU.

Have also just had my green card from car insurance sent through the post, which was previously not necessary.

For an unelected, unaccountable bureaucrat like Novivorbis that's a feature, not a bug! ;)

Richard28

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm

A101 wrote:
There is a mechanism within the GFA for which we are happy to abide by, there’s nothing forceing NI to leave if they don’t want to, if they want to remain in the EU that have it avalible to them.

Indeed there is, a border poll... i.e. a referendum.

You are being disingenuous here of course, as a border poll cannot be put into effect before NI leaves the EU, and with no automatic Article 50 provisions such as what the EU provides its member states, Northern Ireland has no choice in the matter other than to leave the EU against the will of its people.

And if you're adovocating a referendum as a solution in Northern Ireland A101, then why not an informed final say referendum for the rest of the UK whilst we are at it! :bouncy:

Klaus

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Richard28 wrote:
And if you're adovocating a referendum as a solution in Northern Ireland A101, then why not an informed final say referendum for the rest of the UK whilst we are at it! :bouncy:

Come on, actually asking the people would be, would be... the end of democracy, for sure! :crazy: :rotfl:

seahawk

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:37 pm

A101 wrote:
Maybe we should remember that next time next time a war breaks out on the continent

As I said, mindset of the past.

sabenapilot

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:07 pm

The amendment on the CU seems to stand a very high chance of being adopted tonight,... It will be most interesting to see if it passes indeed and by what margin.
If it does, TM will have a hard time ignoring it, as it would be the first time the UK Parliament voted YES to something.

Meanwhile TM's chief whip has come out to say that the Conservatives should have been more forthcoming after losing the elections that the Brexit the UK would be able to achieve was going to be much softer than the one they had advocated in their manifesto for the simple reason there's just no majority in the House for it!

It's the first time somebody from May's inner circle implicitly mentions her red lines are simply not teneble and something will have to give.

I think Dr Fox is about to be out of a job soon, because as a member of the CU, there's no need for the UK to have a secretary for international trade.
First saving from Brexit finally booked!
;)

JJJ

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:22 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:
Klaus wrote:
A101 wrote:
The EU has moved along into a different format than was first expressed to the population, for intents it was a trade block, now it moving towards a superstate not unlike the vision from past time the Roman age Napoleon and the great anti-Christ hitler,

I have proved to you time and time and time again that this is nothing but a lie, by simply showing you the defining and constituting document of the European Community the UK had joined back then, the Treaty of Rome, signed already in 1957:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Treaty_e ... _Community

Treaty establishing the European Economic Community
HIS MAJESTY THE KING OF THE BELGIANS, THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY, THE PRESIDENT OF THE FRENCH REPUBLIC, THE PRESIDENT OF THE ITALIAN REPUBLIC, HER ROYAL HIGHNESS THE GRAND DUCHESS OF LUXEMBOURG, HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN OF THE NETHERLANDS,
DETERMINED to establish the foundations of an ever closer union among the European peoples,
DECIDED to ensure the economic and social progress of their countries by common action in eliminating the barriers which divide Europe,
DIRECTING their efforts to the essential purpose of constantly improving the living and working conditions of their peoples,
RECOGNISING that the removal of existing obstacles calls for concerted action in order to guarantee a steady expansion, a balanced trade and fair competition,
ANXIOUS to strengthen the unity of their economies and to ensure their harmonious development by reducing the differences existing between the various regions and by mitigating the backwardness of the less favoured,
DESIROUS of contributing by means of a common commercial policy to the progressive abolition of restrictions on international trade,
INTENDING to confirm the solidarity which binds Europe and overseas countries, and desiring to ensure the development of their prosperity, in accordance with the principles of the Charter of the United Nations,
RESOLVED to strengthen the safeguards of peace and liberty by establishing this combination of resources, and calling upon the other peoples of Europe who share their ideal to join in their efforts,
HAVE DECIDED to create a European Economic Community and to this end have designated as their plenipotentiaries:
[...]

The central and primary concept was the ever closer union, that is exactly what the UK has joined very clearly knowing that and that has never changed.

So no, that claim you've parroted above is complete and utter bunk and it has zero credibility.

You have been told all this before and yet you keep coming with that same proven lie.

And that is probably the clearest indication of what's really at the heart and soul of Brexit. It has nothing at all to do with any factual issues, it's just about hatred and propaganda.

You have not proven anything.

You have read something online and interpreted it as fact whilst dismissing other things.

Okay, forget about Europe. What about your then standing PM speaking ahead of the 75 referendum:

https://twitter.com/EmporersNewC/status ... 6432218112

"The Common market is but the first step (...) what we are building is a community whose scope will gradually expand until it covers virtually the whole field of collective human endeavour".

More political heads here:
https://twitter.com/EmporersNewC/status ... 0641041409

And a lot more in this page.

https://infacts.org/mythbusts/voters-we ... eferendum/

sabenapilot

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:30 pm

The SNP and Labour have just announced they will whip to vote their MP's for the Common Market 2.0 amendment -aka known as Norway plus-, meaning this amendment comes close to being passed! Last time 60 Labour and 35 SNP MPs abstained, while the amendment was defeated by less than that: another interesting vote tonight, for sure!

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:35 pm

sabenapilot wrote:
The SNP and Labour have just announced they will whip to vote their MP's for the Common Market 2.0 amendment -aka known as Norway plus-, meaning this amendment comes close to being passed! Last time 60 Labour and 35 SNP MPs abstained, while the amendment was defeated by less than that: another interesting vote tonight, for sure!

Oh man. Exciting times...
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

seahawk

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:57 pm

At least the Brexiteers have friends in Europe. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 48826.html

sabenapilot

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Number crunching websites now predict both the amendment on the UK entering into a CU with the EU and the amendment on the UK staying in the SM will be accepted by the House with a relatively comfortable margin even, thus effectively voting for a Norway+ option in a quite convincing way!
I have no idea to predict the outcome of couse, but their prediction is based on past voting behaviour of all individual MPs the last time these amendments were voted on, as well as the party loyalty of those MPs who abstained then, now that both the SNP and Labour are backing both amendments, so they could very well be right: they seem to have been able to predict result pretty well, so far, and the margin seems quite comfortable to say both amendments will be passed.

Very interesting indeed: the UK could be plunged into a full constitutional crisis if tonight the Parliament effectively indicates what kind of a Brexit it wants to see being delivered by the Government should that government not follow up on it! The only way out in that case is a GE or another referendum, both of which need another extension to the UK's membership of the EU... those who had moved their brexit party from this weekend over by a forthnight are in for some more rescheduling, it may seem.

noviorbis77

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Richard28 wrote:

You can thank the EU for these pointless rules.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:37 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:
Richard28 wrote:

No, you wanted a hard Brexit, so this is a small consequence, so own up to that.

noviorbis77

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
Richard28 wrote:

No, you wanted a hard Brexit, so this is a small consequence, so own up to that.

absolutely it is a consequence.

Pointless though isnt it.

frmrCapCadet

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Assume that those who deny that the GFA is important and needs to be preserved in any one of a few ways, or deny that the EU too has rights to sovereignty are in thrall to Putin. There are other possibilities, but assuming intelligence and sincerity it is the most likely.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

noviorbis77

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:04 pm

We’ve had naked protesters in Parliament this afternoon.

Not the first ass seen in Westminster.

scbriml

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:08 pm

This evening's indicative votes will be on four motions:

Motion C - Customs Union

Motion D - "Common Market 2.0" (aka Norway+)

Motion E - Confirmatory Public Vote

Motion G - Parliamentary Supremacy (giving Parliament the ability to Revoke A50 if desired).
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:24 pm

scbriml wrote:
This evening's indicative votes will be on four motions:

Motion C - Customs Union

Motion D - "Common Market 2.0" (aka Norway+)

Motion E - Confirmatory Public Vote

Motion G - Parliamentary Supremacy (giving Parliament the ability to Revoke A50 if desired).

Politics for connoisseurs. Let's see in an hour if one of those will command a majority. The signs seem to be there.

A101

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Richard28 wrote:

Gee that's an imposition isn't it, not too different if you went anywhere else in the world, if that breaks your bank id suggest you stay home.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 pm

A101 wrote:
Richard28 wrote:

Gee that's an imposition isn't it, not too different if you went anywhere else in the world, if that breaks your bank id suggest you stay home.

You do understand that that is not the point, don't you. But indeed, you get one point, the UK will be a 3rd party to the EU with everything that comes with that.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:04 pm

Richard28 wrote:

Oh Richard28, please make sure that your insurance is still valid. With a hard Brexit, that might not necessarily be the case anymore.

Richard28

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks Dutchy.... i’ve checked it through and all is well... the policy says it covers me for European Union... no mention of UK’s status in that union...

I sense (and hope) we may still be in the EU when I get back anyhow (fingers crossed!).....

Richard28

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:17 pm

A101 wrote:

I can afford it - the issue is it is a pointless additional cost and hassle that should not be there.

Now imagine I am a business importing and exporting with customs checks, carnets, quotas, tariffs, paperwork, delays.....

When people say ‘going global’ I just have to laugh...

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Richard28 wrote:
Thanks Dutchy.... i’ve checked it through and all is well... the policy says it covers me for European Union... no mention of UK’s status in that union...

I sense (and hope) we may still be in the EU when I get back anyhow (fingers crossed!).....

Well, you might want to check with your ministry for foreign affairs. It might be that your insurance company might cover it, but yet at the same time it isn't accepted in countries of the European Union anymore, because it is not recognized in a no-deal Brexit. I have heard that it is one of the problems. In that case, you need insurance from an insurance company registered within the European Union.

Just one of those practical issues with a hard Brexit.

I must say you are quite adventurous to travel in this time slot 8-)

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Richard28 wrote:
A101 wrote:

I can afford it - the issue is it is a pointless additional cost and hassle that should not be there.

Now imagine I am a business importing and exporting with customs checks, carnets, quotas, tariffs, paperwork, delays.....

When people say ‘going global’ I just have to laugh...

12.000 lorries in Dover a day. If all are held-up by paperwork for only 30minutes, that is 6.000 hours a day lost and quite a traffic jam. That is the scale of the problem the Brexetrimist want to create.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Results are expected at 11PM CET.

LJ

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Well, you might want to check with your ministry for foreign affairs. It might be that your insurance company might cover it, but yet at the same time it isn't accepted in countries of the European Union anymore, because it is not recognized in a no-deal Brexit. I have heard that it is one of the problems. In that case, you need insurance from an insurance company registered within the European Union.

No ordinary travel insurance covering medical costs with, depending on the insurance company either world or Europe coverage (it depends on how it defines Europe as it may say EU + Turkey etc., in which case it's not 100% sure it's covered).

BTW what about all those tourists going to the UK who suddenly have to pay for travel insurance with medical costs...... I fear that many will go to the UK (or EU) without proper medical insurance...

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 pm

LJ wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

No ordinary travel insurance covering medical costs with, depending on the insurance company either world or Europe coverage (it depends on how it defines Europe as it may say EU + Turkey etc., in which case it's not 100% sure it's covered).

BTW what about all those tourists going to the UK who suddenly have to pay for travel insurance with medical costs...... I fear that many will go to the UK (or EU) without proper medical insurance...

Good one. And you want to be covered for medical cost. That's why I will not travel to the UK for at least two months, why risk this with all this uncertainty. Too bad because I love being in the UK, alais.

A101

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:

You do understand that that is not the point, don't you. But indeed, you get one point, the UK will be a 3rd party to the EU with everything that comes with that.

Yes I know what he is referring to, but my point is we are leaving (I hope) from the Union that was the whole point of the referendum was it, in line with the government’s own manifesto for which they would act upon to honour the result.

A101

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Richard28 wrote:

So you asking for a special relationship if we leave?

Richard28 wrote:

Any business would do there due diligence and factor in all that, the way you carrying on that no business has to deal with any of that when dealing with third countries and it’s going to stop trade or travel. Does it stop UK citizens now travelling to places where they have to do those things.

The way you guys carry on that there’s no life outside the Union and you a going to fall off the end of the world.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Perhaps one should have a listen for Sir John Major (2016): Address to the Oxford Union.

noviorbis77

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Unsurprisingly all rejected.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:31 pm

The question still remains, what now?

Bostrom

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 pm

In Carol Beer's voice: Parliament says no.

This is by the way a great flowchart for what might happen in the next fortnight: https://twitter.com/SoVeryBrexit/status ... 9426046976

Dieuwer

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:08 pm

"No, no, no!" Why am I not surprised. Kindergarten is in session...

A101

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:48 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... goes-wrong

Seems the EU is not ready either unlike some reports suggesting otherwise

Dutchy

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 pm

A101 wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-01/merkel-wants-irish-ready-for-painful-choice-if-brexit-goes-wrong

Seems the EU is not ready either unlike some reports suggesting otherwise

The article is about Ireland and yes the UK is dragging Ireland along. ireland has to choose between a hard border in the EU and an open border and out of the single market.

The EU will enforce its border, make no illusions about that. It has no choice in the matter to secure the integrity of the single market.

Again both terrible choices for Ireland, a population which didn't have to make that choice. Be proud of that, Brexitrimest, not only you put yourself in this position, you force it on Ireland as well.

Don't blame the EU for this, you are to blame.

ltbewr

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:32 am

Well, it appears 'hard brexit' on April 12. I hope all the politicians and pro-brexit types are happy.

A101

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:33 am

Dutchy wrote:

The article is about Ireland and yes the UK is dragging Ireland along. ireland has to choose between a hard border in the EU and an open border and out of the single market.

The EU will enforce its border, make no illusions about that. It has no choice in the matter to secure the integrity of the single market.

Again both terrible choices for Ireland, a population which didn't have to make that choice. Be proud of that, Brexitrimest, not only you put yourself in this position, you force it on Ireland as well.

Don't blame the EU for this, you are to blame.

Hell no have I blamed anyone for Christ sakes, I merely point out that the EU is in fact not ready as some on here have said, certainty ROI is not ready.

Remember the EU have already got their plans done and dust, well no they haven't.

A101

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:36 am

ltbewr wrote:
Well, it appears 'hard brexit' on April 12. I hope all the politicians and pro-brexit types are happy.

Yep I'll be happy when the shackles have been broken away. but I'm still not confident we will.

Klaus

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:44 am

A101 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Yep I'll be happy when the shackles have been broken away. but I'm still not confident we will.

Calling being a fully qualified, voting member with a veto on the policies of the European Union "shackles" is so inverted and so ludicrously self-contradictory that the sheer contortions you guys are forcing yourselves into are almost bizarre enough for the Cirque du Soleil.

Klaus

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:45 am

Bostrom wrote:
In Carol Beer's voice: Parliament says no.

This is by the way a great flowchart for what might happen in the next fortnight: https://twitter.com/SoVeryBrexit/status ... 9426046976

Somebody really needs to find that F**k guy and squeeze him for all he seems to know! ;)

Dutchy

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:04 am

A101 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

But you are perfectly fine to export your problems to the Republic of Ireland. To maintain the GFA they have to be chained to the sinking UK and you are cheering about that. I have zero sympathies for that point of view.

A101 wrote:
Hell no have I blamed anyone for Christ sakes, I merely point out that the EU is in fact not ready as some on here have said, certainty ROI is not ready.

Remember the EU have already got their plans done and dust, well no they haven't.

No, you have pointed out the real dilemma you Brexiteers let the Irish face. You know, or at least should know, that this is a consequence of your irresponsible wishes. Your childlike behavior of having the cake and eat it has real consequences for real people all over the EU. Firstly your fellow countrymen, but ok, if they want to shoot their foot of it is their choice and their problem, but it has negative economic consequences all over the EU, but more importantly, you put the Irish for an impossible dilemma. All is fine by you because you wanted this, you made the choice. You believed what a couple of City boys told you all those years.

For the first time I truly feel anger for this. It is time to grow-up and take some responsibility for this. You and 17million of your fellow countrymen voted for exactly this, so this is on you, all of you 17 million. So yes, I hope you will crash out. I hope Northern Ireland will vote to rejoin Ireland so they can be in the European family again, I hope that Scotland will follow suit and crash out of the UK and will rejoin the EU. And lastly, I hope that Wales and England will come to their senses and rejoin the EU after ten or more miserable years. I am very sorry for all the UK citizens whom voted remain, whom changed their mind and wanted to remain, whom strived to change the course towards the cliff edge, they fell victim to the Brexiteers. There is no point in reasoning with Brexiteers, they do not take any responsibility, just like the Brexitrimist in UK parliament. I am done, you finally did it, congrats, I want you out, I want a hard Brexit, I want the EU to move forward without this backwards nation.
Do you want a trade agreement, sure, you are back in line, see you in ten years or so. We have more important things to do. In the meantime we will take care you UK citizens in the EU, not to worry about them.
If you truly would take responsibility for your actions, you would give-up your right to move to Australia, no fallback position for you, like so many Brexitremist have like Nigal Farage, Jacob Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson. Then you would regain some of my respect. But for now, I have no respect at all for your opinion, none.

jcancel

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:18 am

Its time to ban Brexit.

Remainers should do Gandhi blockades. Shut commerce down. Demand 100% of the political power in Britain.

Demand the removal of all Brexiteers from Parliament.

Demand the closure of pro Brexiteer Facebook and Twitter groups.

Demand the removal of Brexiteers from business.

Demand a truth and reconciliation commission.

Demand a quick eradication of Brexit thought in Britain. It is poisonous, cancerous, and just like Naziism (except less damaging to others)

A101

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:57 am

Dutchy wrote:

But you are perfectly fine to export your problems to the Republic of Ireland. To maintain the GFA they have to be chained to the sinking UK and you are cheering about that. I have zero sympathies for that point of view.

We are not exporting our problems on anyone, the problems created in the WA are joint all the EU had to do was put a time limit on the WA and it would sail past the problems in parliament. But no cant do that that means they lose a bargaining chip

Dutchy wrote:

No, you have pointed out the real dilemma you Brexiteers let the Irish face. You know,

But but your ready...……. should we now take what the EU says with a pinch of salt, after all the EU is held in such high esteem

The EU has today completed its preparations for a no-deal Brexit in view of the fact this is ‘increasingly likely’ to occur on April 12.

Dutchy wrote:

For the first time I truly feel anger for this. It is time to grow-up and take some responsibility for this. You and 17million of your fellow countrymen voted for exactly this, so this is on you, all of you 17 million. So yes, I hope you will crash out. I hope Northern Ireland will vote to rejoin Ireland so they can be in the European family again, I hope that Scotland will follow suit and crash out of the UK and will rejoin the EU.

Difference between you and I is, I believe that they all should have a say if they want in out. Scotland has already had their say I'm prepared for the NI in the future if the want it and happy to abide by the results...…. but what I wont do is jump up and squeal like a baby because I didn't like the result like remoaner's do and force a change that the majority voted for.

What I'm waiting for from the remainers is a coup d'état. And I would not put it past them to do something like this

Dutchy wrote:
Do you want a trade agreement, sure, you are back in line, see you in ten years or so. We have more important things to do. In the meantime we will take care you UK citizens in the EU, not to worry about them.

That's ok, as we run a trade deficit with the EU according to you lot you wont miss the UK market all that much any how, I'm sure other would like to fill the void of trade between the UK/EU

Dutchy wrote:
If you truly would take responsibility for your actions, you would give-up your right to move to Australia, no fallback position for you, like so many Brexitremist have like Nigal Farage, Jacob Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson. Then you would regain some of my respect. But for now, I have no respect at all for your opinion, none.

Your funny mate I'm dual national, I already have my retirement block of land paid for in Australia bought and paid for 20 years ago. Its just a matter of when I go over not if I go over.
Last edited by A101 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

A101

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:01 am

jcancel wrote:
Its time to ban Brexit.

Remainers should do Gandhi blockades. Shut commerce down. Demand 100% of the political power in Britain.

Demand a quick eradication of Brexit thought in Britain. It is poisonous, cancerous, and just like Naziism (except less damaging to others)

You sure your not related to Frank Bainimarama?

casinterest

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:02 am

Brexit is an example of why simple majorities are never simple.
Where ever you go, there you are.

jcancel

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:50 am

You know, I think that shows the outcome of greed: getting Baranaima'd. The EU requires its members to be democracies. Once Britain leaves the EU, it doesnt have to be a democracy anymore.

There is a saying: Be careful for what you wish for, because you might get it.

Being "free of the EU" can get ugly very quickly since it's being done in haste, and with greed.

A101 wrote:
jcancel wrote:
Its time to ban Brexit.

You sure your not related to Frank Bainimarama?

And why constitutional changes in other countries require supermajorities.

casinterest wrote:
Brexit is an example of why simple majorities are never simple.

seahawk

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:46 am

And they will just keep on voting...